Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

The sound of the rain needs no translation

Go down 
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

The sound of the rain needs no translation Empty
IndlægEmne: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 09, 2022 9:55 am

LOCATION | The pedestrian street
DATE | 16th of January 2022
TIME | Afternoon
ATTIRE | Link
TOPIC FOR | @Hannah

Family visit. That was the words his father had spoken, not that Elroy wasn't able to make his own choices on the matter, but he knew how important it also was to his father to keep the peace, and make sure no people were hurt by hunters of the supernatural. Elroy followed with that to some point, but far from as much of his father. The thunderbird had been in the region for about a week by now, magical region, which he liked. It was just something else going from the mundane to the magical, a relief because you could just be yourself. It wasn't too cold this afternoon, it had clearly rained earlier today, but luckily it had stopped making it more pleasant to walk around outside. Not that he minded a little rain. Elroy just walked around with his hand in his pockets, looking at all the different shops with sale signs - always with the January sales, making people spend all their money on a somewhat 'good deal'. A bicycle came driving with the speed of light, one reason why vampires shouldn't be allowed one, driving in one of the puddles left from the rain - he quickly took a few steps ahead and grabbed a young lady's hand and pulled her away before the splash from the water would hit her and completely other wise had soaked her. "Are you alright?" He asked slowly letting go of her again looking down into her eyes.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Hannah

Hannah

Antal indlæg : 106

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 09, 2022 11:29 am

Hannah was on to something. She was sure of it. Now, she had kept practicing with her ability, and was sure she had caught onto someone saying her surname… In some shop somewhere. She was still practicing, and after all her surname wasn’t that uncommon. But she had to ask them what they knew about the Jackson family, right? Any clue was a clue, even though it might not be a clue leading to Madelaine. Hannah did hear that someone was riding a bicycle but didn’t think much of it. She could barely keep up with the fact that someone grabbed her and pulled her away from the street. It was first when she heard the drops from the puddle landed on the sidewalk, that she knew that she had been pulled away from a cold and soaked experience. Somehow, she even felt a low electricity sum through her body, keyed to the person who had pulled her away. She looked up as he asked whether if she was alright. “Oh my God-” she mumbled as soon as she saw his eyes. They were enchanting. “Your eyes,” she whispered. She could see every little fine detail in them. How the blue mixed with the brown and the other way around. How there were spots in one and less in the other. She blinked a little as she realized what she had just said. Her eyes widened, “I’m so sorry,” she said and took a little step away from him. He was dressed so nicely and had risked getting dirty for her. “Yeah, I’m alright,” she assured him. “Thank you,” she said smiling softly at him. “Please, can I offer you a cup of coffee to show my gratitude?” she spoke a little quickly, only realizing what she had said shortly after, but she kept her cool and simply licked her lips a little.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 09, 2022 8:00 pm

He blinked a little as it seemed like she barely seemed to hear his words, more focused on the eye contact they had created. Now it wasn't the first time and it wasn't the last time people got caught in the fact his eyes looked a little different than most. "No it's okay," he assured her with a warmer smile as she apologized, there was need to apologize really. Then she replied to whether she was alright or not, which made him smile a little nodding softly. Not that a splash of water would have been the death of her or anything, but it wouldn't have been comfortable walking around the rest of the day freezing because some jerk had been speeding on his bike not thinking about anyone but himself. Then she thanked him and Elroy gave her another small nod as it was the least he thought he could do. Then just as he was about to take a step back, return to his day despite of it not being anything of importance - he had not counted on her inviting to join her for a cup of coffee, to show her gratitude as she added so herself. Elroy chuckled a little bit, "is that something you do here? Buy people coffee who rescue you from the attacking water" He asked with a soft chuckle just joking a little bit, at least he thought himself rather funny. "I would like that," he added not more than a few seconds after. Well, Elroy didn't know anyone in town other family, and most his family didn't even know he was in town yet because he hadn't reached out - so he could perhaps get a new friend? He wouldn't mind that.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 09, 2022 8:35 pm

He assured her that it was okay, that she had only seen his eyes at first. The fact that he told her that, only made her truly aware that he had indeed heard her say it and she had said it, even though she had wished she hadn’t. It was an odd thing to do, she believed.
When she noticed that she had invited him out for a cup of coffee, she also noticed how he had been on his way to go somewhere else, and she felt that she might have sounded desperate, even though it wasn’t what she had wished for. Somehow, she just wished for him to stay a little longer – was it just because she was so preoccupied with his eyes? She hoped not. She laughed a little nervously as he asked if it was something people did here. She didn’t know, after all, she wasn’t from here, “I-I don’t know actually,” she responded and licked her lips shortly before she looked towards his eyes again. A brighter smile spread on her lips as he mentioned how he would like a cup of coffee. “Good,” she said, “I mean, cool,” she corrected herself. She looked down the street trying to eye a caffe. Now, one thing was that Hannah was walking every inch of Athena down to find her sister, the other was the sense of place that she had none of right now. “I don’t usually walk around downto-” She had leaned backwards and a little to the side to look down the street, trying to  find a café. This time however she was aware of quick bicycles, and when she hear one from afar with a great speed she made a little jump in time to escape water once again, but also almost stepping on him, “Oh- Sorry,” she once again excused herself and was caught by his eyes. “I don’t live here, or I live uptown- or” she blinked rapidly. It wasn’t important. She took a little step away so she didn’t stand too much in his space. “I think there’s a café right down there,” she said and pointed over her shoulder with her thumb.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: [color=#92D19D]   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyTirs Jan 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Well it was a rather speciel way to meet new people, but hell, Elroy didn't know anyone here and based on her accent she wasn't from these parts either. Which meant she could as well be in need of a friend as he could. Her nervous laugh made him aware that perhaps his little side joke could have made her a bit uncomfortable, which wasn't his intention. To be fair, he usually didn't spend that much time with humans, or at least he didn't form friendships with them - not because he wasn't allowed to, he was just advised against it from his father. Because many humans didn't understand the supernatural the same the supernatural themselves did. His eyes followed hers as she looked down the street, almost trying to find a place, well he had figured she wasn't from these parts a while ago by now, also as she confirmed she didn't really walk around downtown. Another bicycle came racing by, this time he didn't have to play the prince on the white horse. Elroy was just quick enough to jump a little back as she almost stepped on him the second time she jumped back, she was all over the place. "No worries," he whispered a little and pressed his brows slightly together, one thing he had not missed about supernatural communities - vampires on bicycles. Then she confessed that she didn't really live here, well not that it came as a surprise for him either, "we will find somewhere then, who doesn't like a little exploring?"  He as well took a small step back as she did and gave her a warm smile. "Then let's go check it out," he nodded to confirm she should lead the way and started following her when she began to walk. "My name is Elroy by the way," he presented himself.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 11:37 am

Hannah smiled widely as he mentioned exploring. It sounded like a good plan. “That is a very good question,” she replied nodding a bit and felt how everything calmed a little down. Somehow those bicycles just took her by surprise and his eyes hadn’t really helped with keeping her down, but she was getting more and more used to it. It was just such a rare sight. She gave him a greater nod as he agreed that they should check out the café she might have found down the street. He presented himself while they walked, and she looked over at him, “I am Hannah,” she presented herself. “You’re quite nicely dressed. Just an observation… Are you going anywhere special today, or do you always wear a tux out?” she allowed herself to ask. Now, normally she wasn’t really the person to comment on peoples outfit, but his was just so formal, so she simply had an idea that he was either going to attend something or just had – or maybe it was just his style?
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Hannah, he noted the name in his mind not to forget as they walked down the path. Elroy looked shortly down himself as she commented that he was dressed rather nicely, making him chuckle a little. "Family dinner tonight. My father and I are visiting town so, and I do believe dressing nicely for oneself makes ones mood a little bit better," he pointed out with a small chuckle. Which was true. Elroy liked dressing nicely whenever he was going out, because he believed in feeling like the best version of himself, and whenever he dressed the part - it seemed to playout well as well. "But yeah -"he licked his lips a little bit turning his eyes back towards the many buildings hoping to find a café where they could sit down or at least take a coffee to go, he didn't mind either he only had plans tonight so - he had plenty of time. He had a trick or two in his sleeve for getting places rather quickly. "So, Hannah - since you aren't from around here -" He looked towards her with a small warm smile, "what has lured you to the region of Athena?" He wondered. People came here for all sought of reasons, and he was curious what had lured her here. He stopped by a café that looked rather cozy, "there is a place here - or you had somewhere else in mind?" he then asked looking from the cafe to Hannah again.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Hannah nodded once as she mentioned a family dinner. “Oh,” she said with a smile, before he elaborated. He and his father were visiting town and he liked dressing nicely. It made her smile a crooked smile. She agreed that dressing nicely improved once mood. Knowing that you, yourself, knew that you looked marvelous. “Family dinner sounds really nice,” she spoke softly, almost curious if he and his father had other family members in Athena.
It only took a moment before he spoke her name and she looked towards him, instead of towards the streets to find a café. Her eyebrows raised and she widen her eyes a little in doing so. “Oh, uh… To make a long story short, my sister is missing, and there has been clues that she’s here in Athena,” she replied and nodded a little while she pressed her lips together into a thin line. She had after all just been on the hunt for her sister just before Elroy had pulled her to the side. The search however seemed hopeless…
She was almost about to walk without him as he had stopped. She turned around to find him again, only being one step ahead of him. He had found a place. She looked towards it before she nodded as she had studied it for a hot second. “No this seems lovely,” she said with a little smile and would follow him inside to look at the different things they had. God. Cafés were noisy. She closed her eyes and acted like she took in the smell of the place when she truly just tried to calm her senses down so they could sit and relax. Dishes were being washed. Machines were brewing. People having conversations. Money chiming as they were counted and pens writing on cups. “Seeing anything you like?” she asked, not taking her eyes of the menu before a moment later.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 10:36 pm

Yeah he hoped it would be. At least he could meet up with his aunt and maybe even see his cousins - he hadn't seen Katelyn in such a long time, he had been an idiot keeping up contact as well, so it was mostly his own fault, then there was Madelaine, or Maya he was excited to one day getting the chance to speak more with her as well. Then he knew his father had said that Daisy had a few surprised for them as well, so well Elroy was excited. Well then their was his mother and his siblings on that side of the family - well he didn't know if they were here, his father had found traces of Elroy's mother and wanted to find her first - which was fair. So, family dinner sounded nice, but he also knew it could be complicated.

Then she told him that her sister was missing, which made Elroy raise his brow a little bit. Missing could mean a lot of things, and he didn't know if she wanted to dig in deeper. Elroy knew what it was like to have missing family members and not knowing their whereabouts. "I'm sorry to hear," he exhaled a little bit, wanting to say more about it - but perhaps he could wait till they at least had their coffees and there weren't so many people around them. Then she could of course always say if she didn't want to talk about it. She confirmed the place was just fine making him walk over and open the door so they could get inside, he moved his eyes towards the menu and took a deeper breath in. "I think I'm just gonna go with a black coffee with milk," he didn't really need anything fancy, even if there was a lot of different fancy stuff to pick out from. "What are you heading mostly towards?" He wondered shortly with a small smile.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 11:39 pm

Hannah raised her brows a little and shook her head, clearly not really knowing what to think about it herself. She was sad that she still hadn’t found her sister. Angry that no matter how hard she tried, her sister never appeared. “Yeah, so am I,” she said licking her lips. She would love to elaborate how long she had been trying to find her sister and how the process had been. It had never been easy for Hannah to be able to do anything, since her… Well now it was an ability and not a disability… But her ability to heighten her senses. It had cut her away from so many experiences. But she had taken this in her own hands.

He nodded a little as he mentioned what he would go for. It sounded a little bland, now that one was on a café, but each their own preferences, right? She looked over at him as he asked what she believed she would get. “I think I’ll get a mocha,” she replied and wrapped her arms around herself. It might seem a little sweet for some, but she believed that multiple flavors would be a good idea. There would be different things to pick up on, to focus on. She bit her lower lip for a second before she turned towards Elroy, “Would you mind finding us a seat somewhere?” she wondered, no matter if he would or not, she would go to the front desk and place their order. She didn’t mind paying. Or well, she didn’t mind it until she realized she had used her credit card. Shit. She folded her lips a little. She wondered how quickly someone would come and pick her up, scolding her for going on a mission by herself – at all even. As soon as she had paid, she walked back to Elroy, and found him either by a table, or found a table with him.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyTors Jan 13, 2022 8:47 pm

Mocha, he nodded a little - even if she had asked him out for coffee, he didn't mind paying if it came down to that. It wasn't like she owed him anything. However, as she asked if he minded minding them somewhere to sit, he simply gave her a little nod before going to find a place near the window. Elroy liked people watching, and he was very curious about the people in this town. So, he at down, looking outside seeing the people he was so curious about.

Elroy turned his head back towards her as moved towards the table he had picked out. "I hope here is fine, I'm a curious soul, with a guilty pleasure of people watchin," he confessed with a light chuckle. But it was after all the truth of the matter. Elroy gave her a warm smile before gesturing her to sit down in front of him. "So, I know its a bit out of the blue - but I think I might know someone who possibly can help find your sister if you are interested?" Elroy asked. This was hard stuff, because he knew he could guarantee they could find her, but his father did have speciel gifts regarding this sort of thing, if he actually got his mother involved her knew she was a master mind of her own - and combined Elroy could make portals to the wished for location when it came to it - so perhaps Hannah had just hit the jackpot according to Elroy. "Sorry, I know its a little out of the blue, I just couldn't really not think about it when you mentioned it," he explained and exhaled.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 12:30 am

As she approached, he explained why he had chosen this spot. She couldn’t help but pull a curious smile. “No, it’s okay, but… What’s people watching?” She didn’t really understand what he meant. Was it just the act of watching people? Did he just like to observe a lot? It sounded like something Hannah could be doing from a skyscraper with sound canceling headphones one. Simply look at everyone. Smell everyone. All of it, without being near anyone. The perk of her disabi… Ability.
She listened carefully and interested as he brought up something ‘out of the blue’. Both of her brows raised to the roof as he mentioned that he knew someone who might be able to find her sister. “Really?” she wondered quite surprised. Now, one would think that she was scared and worried about her sister’s ability? She didn’t, or at least not right now. Right now, she was pumped to get to know how she possibly could get her sister back. . “No, no, it’s all okay,” she assured him as he apologized, “I would love any help. But, is it someone specific you think can help?” she wondered and for some reason hoped that no matter the condition of Madelaine, that she would be able to find her sister. She just had to be sure that her sister was in no danger.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 6:02 am

"Just observing people really, sometimes you can tell a lot about a person while observing the way they move, carry themselves -" he didn't even know if she could relate to that. Maybe it came with the line of work his father's side of the family had done. Protecting the supernatural against humans who were against the supernatural kind, the ones that hunted them. Elroy's father had made quite the observer out of his boy, and well, Elroy couldn't say he complained about it.

It seemed like she didn't have an issue with him being blunt about helping, which was always something then again, he couldn't blame anyone for being desperat in the situation. Elroy nodded a little and cleared his throat a little, now Elroy could be good at general tracking by modern means, but Hannah seemed to be in need of something more supernatural to find her sister. "My father - he is one of the best when it comes down to finding missing people," he nodded a little, very confident in his father's ability to track other's down. There had only been very few cases where his father's abilities hadn't been enough to find someone. "All he really needs is a picture, and he can find her whereabouts," it wasn't the same as directly finding her, well his father could also possibly lead them in the direction, but to know where and see for one's eyes if her sister was in trouble or not - could change the stress levels within you as well.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 6:42 pm

Hannah raised her brows as he explained what people watching was. It sounded crazy, but in a good way. She was interested in trying it, and actually see if they agreed on anything. Maybe the next step would be to actually ask the person whether or not they were right about the prejudices. She believed it was interesting. “It’s sounds quite interesting,” she almost mused.

Hannah was all ears as Elroy explained. She rested her forearms against each other along the table. She nodded interested as he talked about his father. It was quite amazing that people had some kind of specialty to find people who were missing. Her brows raised as he mentioned his father only needed a photo to find someone. “I- I got one right here!” she said quite excited and found a picture in her phone’s wallet. He pulled it out and for a second, she looked at it, missing her sister, before she handed it to Elroy. “Her name is Madelaine,” she spoke softly.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Elroy blinked a little as she reached for a photo in her wallet, and he took it as it was handed to him. He let his eyes look over it, the family sure had some good genetics. Both girls incredible beautiful. She was missing. Now that could once again mean a lot of things, many different kind of people out in this world could want a handful of things with a pretty girl like this one, Madelaine. He feared the worst, and he could imagine the pain she was going through by not knowing the whereabouts of her sister. "Can I take a picture of it?" He asked. If he wasn't going to get a hold of his father, then he could perhaps ask him later tonight perhaps when he was going to meet him. And if he could find her by then, maybe they could bring this Madelaine back home to her sister. "I can ask my father about it later, and - perhaps, if you type in your number I can call you with what we find?" He suggested with a warm smile.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Hannah nodded as he asked if he could take a picture of it, “Yes of course,” she said. Hannah was quite desperate to find Madelaine and knowing that her whereabouts might be just right in front of her was pulling strings from everywhere. She was almost impatient, but she was quite certain that it might not be that easy. If it had been easy Hannah would’ve found her earlier, right? “Of course,” and interlocked her fingers under the table. She shared her phone number, and shortly after their coffee was delivered to them. She let her hands wrap around her cup with a soft sigh. “I really appreciate that you want to help me,” she said softly and looked from her cup and up to Elroy.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 7:43 pm

Elroy took a picture of the photo, "now I have to point out that once my father gets a hold of the picture he will be able to sense where she is, like see the location but the way there can take long to find, but he can find most things," he nodded a bit. Then opened the new contact and placed the phone down on the table so she could take it. Then placing the photo down as well. "Of course, I've had a few people missing before from my family. I understand the importance of wanting to find that missing piece," he sympathized with a little sad smile. Because he really hoped him and his father could find Madelaine and bring her home. Elroy picked up his cup and coffee let her type in her information as he looked outside again, there was this guy that stood out to him for some reason, "that guy could be your brother," he chuckled a little bit and took another sip of his coffee, then turning his eyes back to Hannah again.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 9:59 pm

Hannah looked up at him as he took the picture and tried to explain. She kept her mouth closed and nodded quite focused as he spoke about how his father would do. "Alright, I just hope he finds something" she said with a hopeful smile. She was quite quick to throw in her name and number and even send herself a message, so she would have his number too.
A sad smile formed on Hannah's full lips as he sympathized with her, "I'm sorry you've experienced it too," she said softly and handed him his phone again.
She let her hands hug her mug, trying to focus on calming her senses before she would pick up the mug. She would prefer not to feel like she burnt herself. Elory suddenly said something which made her look up at him, "What?" she said before she let her eyes follow his outside the window. That was Sterling. Her senses picked up on the surprise and she felt like she burnt herself on the mug. "Ow!" she pulled her hands away from her mug, and noticed how it was unruly, as if it was about to tip over. Somehow the mug got under control and she looked out the window again, "That is my brother!" she said and quickly got up from her seat, "Sorry- I just... I'll be right back!" She honestly didn't know what to do with herself. She wanted to hide, so he wouldn't pull her back to New York, but her leg let her run out to the street.
"Sterling!" she called as soon as she got outside. The dark-skinned man looked up, and as soon as he saw who had called his name he ran up to her and swung his arms around her in a hug. Hannah quickly explained that she was having a coffee with someone inside, and before she got to say much more, Sterling had insisted to meet this person.
Hannah and her brother walked inside the Cafe and over to where she and Elroy had been sitting by the window. "Elroy, this is my brother Sterling. Sterling, Elroy," she presented them for each other and Sterling put his hand forward with a warm smile. Now, the Jackson's had helped the D'Avalos once in a while and thereby had a connection, which was also why Sterling had a device with helped him determine just what this boy was. "Elroy might be able to help with finding Madelaine," she said, which made Sterling nod in a bit more respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you. We're very grateful that you're willing to help" the brother said.

Sidst rettet af Hannah Lør Jan 15, 2022 11:55 pm, rettet 1 gang
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 11:13 pm

It was her brother, how delightful. Now, Elroy had a few siblings himself. None that he had much contact with though. "O -okay," he chuckled a little watching her get up from her seat to walk out to greet her brother. Elroy looked a little out the window watching them greet one another, seemed like they hadn't seen each other in a while. He took his phone and put it back in his pocket. He turned his head a little as he caught the scent of them returning, after all thunderbirds were the species with the greatest senses. Elroy gave both a tender smile, and took Sterling's hand giving it a firm shake, "pleasure," he gave the brother a small nod before looking towards Hannah as she mentioned that yes, Elroy would be able to maybe find Madelaine, so he nodded again to confirm and looked back towards the older brother. "Yeah - I have a few ressources, it would be a shame not to use them," he acknowledged. Which was the truth. And like he had told Hannah not long ago, he had reasons to wanna help someone finding a lost family member, his heart ached for people having to live through that for longer periods of time.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 11:53 pm

Hannah hadn’t seen Sterling for more than half a year, maybe even a year because he constantly had work to do and therefore was away all the time. It was incredible how much she had missed her brother, even though she knew that he probably just wanted her to go back to New York to be in safer conditions than the city of supernatural.
Sterling gave the man an appreciative smile once gain as Elroy seemed to be glad to help. Sterling turned to Hannah and gave her a quick sign language for background check? which only made Hannah give him wide eyes, clearly not appreciating the question. “Go get something to drink, you fool,” she teased and gave him a soft nod. She folded her lips a little as her brother walked away. “I’m sorry… He’s a little overprotective,” she said. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear quite innocently, and in doing so she noticed how sensitive her fingers had gotten. She took her hands down to look at them. Nothing had happened. She just had to cool down.

Sterling who clearly hadn’t gotten a yes for a background check pulled up his phone anyway and texted Elenora D’Avalos to make a background check on this boy. Then he would be able to pick up on it later if it was a problem, hopefully when his sister wasn’t going to be in danger. On the other hand, he truly wanted to know if this Elroy could help them find Madelaine. That was after all the main reason why Sterling was there.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm

Now, Elroy understood a good amount of sign-language mostly because he had had friends, old friends who happened to be deaf - so obviously he had learned it. So, the whole thing about background checking him, he didn't really say anything or react to as if he had understood any of it. But Hannah sent her brother away to get something to drink other than being too protective. Being protective, there was nothing wrong with it, it just depended on the amount. "No it's fine, I would be worried if he wasn't just at least an inch," Elroy chuckled a little bit, but wasn't going to get into detail about with what he had seen after all. "You okay?" He asked as she looked to her hands, now Elroy had noticed the over all always active power in her the second he had touched her. Because he could feel it, it had to be troublesome.

Elenora sat back home in the sofa when she got a message from Sterling, now she hadn't heard from him in a while, having avoided it since she knew Madelaine was alive, yet Madelaine had requested not telling anyone - so she hadn't, but she still felt awful about keeping it from Sterling However, he wanted a background check on some Elroy dude. She just replied back that she would see what she could find, felling like she owed him that much when it came down to it.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyTirs Jan 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Hannah couldn’t help but pull a little smile as Elroy tried to tell her it was fine that Sterling was a little overprotective. She believed it was over the top, but maybe it was simply because she had always been shielded from the supernatural. She had never gotten anything to know, unless, well she listened, and she was quite good at that. She knew every small secret there was about the different species. She knew what would hurt the different species, where and how they hid, how they most often reacted in certain situation and so on. Hannah had so much knowledge, she often felt fried with information.
She looked up from her hands as Elroy asked if she was okay. “Oh, yeah I’m fine,” she said shrugging it off. Almost lying. “I’m just… Highly sensitive,” she tried to explain, even though it wasn’t really the case anymore. She just had no control of her ability. She furrowed her brows a minimal amount, “Are you?”

Sterling received a message shortly after, giving his phone an appreciative smile before he looked up as his order was called out as being done. He picked up his drink before he started walking back to his sister and this mysterious dude. Okay, maybe he wasn’t mysterious, but he was simply sceptic of every man trying to get close to his sisters. He had to protect them from any harm after all.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptyLør Jan 22, 2022 8:15 pm

He nodded a little when she said she was fine, just very sensitive - he wondered what that meant. Because there were a lot of different way someone could be highly sensitive to something.  But he also got a feeling that she would have been a bit more specific about how she was highly sensitive if it was something he needed to know - and what did he need to know, they were strangers after all. "I am okay, thanks -" he wasn't sure why she asked or if it was more of a reflex to someone asking you about how you were. The instinct to ask back so you had it out of the way. Elroy took a sip of his coffee looking shortly towards where her brother was standing, watching him walk closer towards them again with his drink. Elroy gave him a small smile.  

"Well, as I mentioned to Hannah, my father is good at finding missing people. So, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to ask him for a favor. And he is in town as well, so it makes everything easier," he told Sterling so he was up to speed on what he had talked to Hannah about.
Hannah

Hannah

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 23, 2022 7:19 am

She didn’t really explain just about how she was highly sensitive, but that might just be for another conversation. After all, since he was going to have his father to help with finding Madelaine, she was convinced that they would talk in the future. When Hannah asked if he was okay, it was both to be polite, but also because she was curious. If something was laying under the surface and putting pressure onto his shoulders, or maybe there had been a slight difference in his heartbeat at one point, and she had subconsciously picked up on it. No matter what, it wasn’t out of pure instinct.
Sterling walked back to them with his coffee, and Elroy started to explain what was going on with their plan. Sterling raised his brows a little while he explained. So, Elroy’s father was a sleuth to some extent. “That’s amazing,” Sterling said with a wide smile and without even thinking of it, he let his hand run delicately over Hannah’s hair.
“He’s going to ask his father this evening if he might be able to track her,” she said and pulled a little smile while looking up at her brother who was standing with his coffee. Sterling looked quite amazed and looked over at Elroy, “Do you believe we might be able to find her today?” he wondered. Truly Sterling was just as excited as Hannah about finding Madelaine, though he might just be a little more observant of his behavior and what background Elroy, and his father, had.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation EmptySøn Jan 23, 2022 7:33 am

Elroy wasn't as suspicious about humans as his father could be time to time, it didn't mean that he wasn't observant over the fact that Sterling had asked about a background check on Elroy, even if he didn't know that Elroy had understood the conversation. So, it kept the thunderbird on his toes. "It depends on the location and all, but he would be able to pick up on where she is, able to see where she is. So, at least tonight we will know if's she is alright," he took a deeper breath in. Knowing in missing people cases that was always what you feared, what had happened to the person, where they were - who held them away from coming home. And Elroy couldn't say knowing she was alright, because he didn't know if she was, they didn't know and giving that statement would just being false. "But if she isn't that far away the tracking shouldn't be hard for my father, and yeah, it should be pretty easy to go to for us," he didn't want to sound too over confident, but he was confident that it wasn't impossible. See, just by getting the location, he could ask his aunt to create an illusion from the place and make it way easier for Elroy to just teleport there. It was quite the thing having the Goldsmith's back together because their powers worked so well together, no wonder why they had made a dangerous team back in the day.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: The sound of the rain needs no translation   The sound of the rain needs no translation Empty

The sound of the rain needs no translation
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» This is going to sound crazy
» I scream without a sound
» Ok, this is gonna sound weird... But can we cuddle? - Damien
» When rain falls - Roy
» Nightly Rain

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum