Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Every success story can be told in a series of failures

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3
ForfatterBesked
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Antal indlæg : 60

Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Dec 08, 2021 3:49 pm

"We made a stop on the way, but other than that just talked," he explained. Now, Nathaniel didn't know how much of a trouble it could have been other than what had seemly happened and her mention on something had happened prior to her in a car - the girl carried a lot of darkness, but he wasn't impressed himself that he had gotten her to go with him, more that she actually had made it the trip. Then he followed Austin inside.

Primrose chuckled a little bit shaking her head by Austin's mention on Sarah not liking him, "her mind can be hard to change once made up," she shook her head a little bit. Well, she knew why Sarah wasn't fond of Austin, as if the two friends hadn't been talking about that before when Primrose first had started to get close with him. "Yes please," she responded before grabbing Nathaniel's arm, "you will have to give her my regards -" Primrose insisted and looked at Nathaniel. Primrose knew Sarah would be delighted by the fact that she had actually helped Prim's daughter without even realizing it. "I will," he nodded and breathed out. "I won't stay long - it's a pretty long drive so," Nathaniel then informed knowing if Violet tuned in on the conversation she could hear him. And he wanted her to know he wasn't planning on sticking around. "So, how did you two meet?" Primrose wondered and tilted her head a little bit.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Violet

Violet

Humør : "Please tell me when its over"
Fag : Magic | Magic history | Healing | Math | History | Track | Swimming
Antal indlæg : 180

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyFre Dec 17, 2021 12:19 am

Austin that had walked into the kitchen to make everyone a cup of coffee. Looking at Violet that was already standing with her own. He couldn’t help but make a small headshake, even though there was still the faint of a smile on his lips. Violet looked towards her mother and Nathaniel that walked into the kitchen and let her tongue glide over her lips, before she walked over the dining table and sat down. Now, not that she would ever tell him. Because his ego was already too big for his own good, but he was actually kind of happy, that he had agreed to sit down and get a cup of coffee with her parents. Her eyes widened a little when those thoughts glided through her mind. How the hell had he managed to get under her skin this fast? Now that wasn’t fair, not at all. Violet quickly looked up as her mother asked how they had met each other. Licking her lips, she let her eyes wander towards Nathaniel. “Well, he was snooping where he shouldn’t, when I find out what he was looking for, it ended up with me turning to a rat” she mumbled, making Austin turn towards his daughter raising his brows. “I’m sorry, a rat?” he asked, then looked towards Nathaniel. “You got my daughter turned to a rat?” he said and couldn’t really hold back the laugh even though he tried to look stern.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyFre Dec 17, 2021 12:58 am

Nathaniel looked towards Violet, not knowing how much she really wanted to tell - and it was after all always rather interesting to see how other people saw things that had happened. Okay, so he had been snooping, he couldn't really hide that could he. Well, for very good reasons if you asked him of course. Then she told about the rat episode which made Nathanial click his tongue a little bit.  He wasn't sure how it would be taken to be honest. However, before Primrose got to ask questions about it Austin asked, making Nathaniel's heart skip just two beats ahead for a moment. "Well, she touched the book before I had a chance to check if it was cursed," he tried to talk his case, letting a little laugh out. At least no one had gotten actual hurt doing the scene of trying to get the book, a transformation curse was one thing, and it had been rather easy for Sarah to fix. One could even say at least Artemis had protected the book. "But we got it handled, so yeah-" Nathaniel scratched the back of his head. Primrose nodded a little, but also just mentally noting things she wanted to make sure she would teach Violet - things like absorbing the curses and thereby removing them on your own, it was a rather good power trick whenever someone thought they had the magical hand over you.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyLør Dec 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Austin couldn’t help but send his daughter a smirk, as Nathaniel told them just how it had gone down. Violet spluttered a little, not finding it very amusing how he presented the story. “How was a I to know that Artemis is a vengeful hag, that puts curses on things that aren’t even hers” she mumbled, trying to point out that it could have happened to anyone. She then turned her eyes towards Nat “Are you telling me, that you wouldn’t have picked it up, if I hadn’t been faster” she pointed towards him while taking a sip of her coffee “and don’t lie, just because it will make you look better” narrowing her eyes, almost making a threat, that he better tell the truth. Even if it was the truth, he wouldn’t have done it, she felt like it would still not be the right answer. Austin chuckled a little, as he took a sip of his own cup and looked towards Nathaniel. It was funny, you could see just how hard Violet tried to dislike the guy. But also, that she felt very comfortable in his company, which Austin had seen over the last couple of days was something that didn’t come very easy for their daughter. So, even if it meant that he had to invite a boy over, which wasn’t really something he would enjoy. He would put down a mental note to do so, as long as it would bring out this side of Violet.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptySøn Dec 26, 2021 12:51 am

Well it was fair, how was anyone supposed to know Artemis was a vengeful witch? First rule of being a witch was to make sure not to trust objects of greater value in unsafe hands. Nathaniel however chuckled a little, well he was raised not to just pick up things and run off with them, always expect a trap to be placed, and therefor prepare for the worst. Sarah was a very powerful witch after all. Nathaniel clicked his tongue a little, "well a disarming spell is always handy, but after that I would have picked it up in a heart beat no question," he blinked a little. Primrose folded her lips a little mostly because for a moment she felt like she had seen it before, then looking at Austin for a second as she was remembering just how they had been snapping at each other back when they first had met, tried very hard not to give into anything they felt for each other - clearly have failed on that account, because now Austin was still one of the most important people in her life - if they had been apart or not. That hadn't changed, it never would.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyTirs Dec 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Violet narrowed her eyes, as Nathaniel talked about disarming spell. “Wait” she budged in, not noticing how her father and mother was sending each other knowing looks. “Wait, wait, wait!” she put her cup down and waved her hands a little around. “Why didn’t you just use your disarming spell, before I touched it?” she asked narrowing her eyes, she knew that she had picked it up rather quickly. But not that quickly. She gasped “You little weasel” he totally was enjoying this. Bastard, she took it all back. He was just as bad as she had thought he would be, she could just. Urgh! It was clear that she did not find him amusing or handsome right now. In fact, she would very much like to remove that smug smile of his lips if she could.

Austin had to restrain himself for letting out a small chuckle and quickly hid his smile behind his cup looking while sipping from his coffee. He also had to avoid eye contact with Primrose, because all of this just sounded a little too familiar. But then again, maybe it would make a good chance of topic “One of the first meetings I had with your mother, she had exchanged the sugar with salt, which is why I no longer take sugar in my coffee” Austin revealed. “After I apparently looked at her wrong in the elevator” he teased, Violet looked towards her mother and made a thin line with her lips. Now, that sounded like a good prank, and totally not something she could ever imagine her mother doing.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 11:00 am

"Because I had a feeling that if I had told you not to touch it, you would have done so either way out of spite, so -" he pointed out with a small chuckle and took a sip of his coffee. He didn't mind she was frustrated with him, clearly - he also knew he would be showed back to his car if he caused to much of an issue - right now he was just happy he had found way to a house where one of Sarah's friends were - maybe the main reason he got to stay this long as well. Primrose looked back towards Austin when he mentioned one of their first meetings, making her narrow her eyes just a little bit, "Apparently? Oh, don't come at me like that, you completely deserved that one," she addressed pointing towards Austin to make her point, followed by a small chuckle. "Oh dear - If that wasn't the start of a year long feud," Primrose shook her head a little bit thinking back on it, it was still rather funny thinking how things had turned out in the end. No one who had met them after, had ever believed that the two of them had hated each other back then. It had also come down to the point where no one else was allowed to torment Austin other than Primrose, and once people had tried they sure never did even attempt again.

Nathaniel just sipped his coffee not saying anything for now, he couldn't imagine the fallen angel and the siphoner having hated each other. Then again there was a fine line between love and hate - nothing he had anything to comment on here, he just sipped his coffee looking shortly towards Violet.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 11:28 am

Violet just glared at him, even though she couldn’t quite hide the hint of a smile forming on her lips. Mostly because she knew that it wasn’t his fault, and she was just giving him shit. She wouldn’t have been in that situation, if she hadn’t met him after all. But despite of her being turned into a rat, and everything else that had happened, she didn’t really mind it all that much. With a soft sigh she sipped her coffee and decided not to say anything after her father had decided to bring up memories from when him and her mother had met each other. She had a hard time picturing them enemies, or at least that they didn’t like each other. Maybe it was because they were such a nice pair now, and they weren’t even together. And despite the fact that they had split up, where many couples couldn’t even look at each other after that happen. They were just so, in sync that Violet couldn’t help but wonder if they would ever start seeing each other again. And how weird that might end up being.

Austin couldn’t help but chuckle as Primrose added that he had deserved getting salt in his coffee instead of sugar. “It’s the same thing with telling you that you have a temper, and you will throw something at you, telling the person that you really don’t have a temper” he chuckled shaking his head. Yes, it had really been one of those relationships most people read about in books. Where two people that hated each other, slowly turned the hate into something else. Because when it came down to it, Primrose had been one of the very few people that had accepted him truly for who he was. Which wasn’t a lot of people. He didn’t need to wear a mask around her. Maybe that had been the true reason they had ended up as a couple rather than to people that just tried to make the other person’s life miserable.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 11:45 am

Primrose made a small grimace and clicked her tongue a little bit, "I don't have a temper, I don't get why people keep saying that. I mean sure I threw the plant from my desk after Josh that one time - but I apologized for that, so," she  folded her lips knowing she didn't really plea her case rather well. "Okay, so maybe I have a very small almost not existing temper, I can live with that," she added and nodded a bit to herself with a small chuckle before taking a sip more of her coffee. Nathaniel finished his coffee, "thank you so much for the coffee, and for tonight's adventure of course - I reckon it's time I head back," he exhaled a little and gave everyone a warmer smile. It was a long drive after all, and it got colder outside by the second, he was lucky if the roads weren't all icy by this point. Lucky enough he was used to drive and move around in bad weather. Two hours back home was long enough in a car by yourself after all.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 12:24 pm

Violet had to hide the smile forming on her lips. So could only imagine that her own temper came from her mother then, mostly because she couldn’t control her powers. And even less when she got angry at someone. It was also easier just to take your frustration out on people, with throwing things. Clearly not actually wanting to hit them, unless they were being real jerks. She sipped the rest of her coffee, turning her eyes towards Nathaniel as he thanked for coffee and told them that he needed to get going again. Austin nodded “You have a long drive ahead of you, I understand” he got up, to walk Nathaniel back to the door, with a small eyeroll Violet did the same, pushing the chair away from the table and walked with them to say goodbye to Nat.

Drive safe” Violet mumbled, waving from a distance before folding her arms in front of her chest. She smiled a little to him before looking towards her father that looked at her with a raised brow. Once again, she rolled her eyes “Thanks for the help, and the drive home – I guess” she mumbled, looking back at her father with a; happy now? Austin shook his head and reached out to grab Nathaniel’s hand “Thank you for making sure she was okay, and drove her back, drive safe” he shook the hand and took a step back, closing the door when everyone was done saying goodbye. He looked towards the two girls “I don’t know about you, but I need to go to bed, because I have an early start tomorrow” Violet nodded, feeling just how exhausted she was. Sleep would be greatly appreciated now. “Yeah sleep would be nice” Austin nodded “just go make yourself ready, I’ll take care of cups and such” he said with a warm smile giving her a small half hug telling her goodnight before going into the kitchen.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 7:10 pm

Nathaniel nodded a little and got up, and walked towards the door and got his shoes back on. He then turned around to looking first at Austin then at Violet in the background, still managing to make him smile a little, "no problem," he replied with a little chuckle before, then he turned his attention towards Violet's father as he reached his hand out, and Nathaniel took the hand giving it a firm shake, "my pleasure, and thanks," he then nodded a little before heading out and got back in his car and drove off. After all, Nathaniel was just happy that Violet had a home she could come back to, even if it was new. She wasn't alone.

Primrose had mostly just stood in the background watched them send Nathaniel on his way, and exhaled a little bit. Primrose's best excuse to stay over, now it was too dark for her to want to drive such a long way - and oh she would be damned, the warlock had already made it out the driveway, then she had to stay over again - what a shame. Primrose exhaled a little and nodded softly when Austin pointed out he had an early start tomorrow - well Primrose still weren't doing anything but her own little thing to find Maggie and Andrew, but as least while she stayed here she could feel the invisible group pressure to actually get fix her not existing sleep schedule. And she liked being there in the morning whenever she could, so the three of them could have a morning together. At least sometimes, she didn't want to force herself down their neck either, even if it felt rather natural to stay. "I can take the cups though," she magically waved Nathaniel's cup to her hand, before heading over and gave Violet a small hug as well and said goodnight, then heading to the kitchen with Austin. "I meant it you know, I can take the cups and finish the last things up - its the least I can do since you let me stay over," she pointed out placing the cups on the counter.
Austin

Austin

Antal indlæg : 56

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 10:33 am

Austin looked towards the cup flying past her into Primrose hand before she walked over and gave their daughter a hug and they both said their goodnights.  He had taken the other cups and was already over by the sink cleaning them before he would put them into the washing machine. He looked up and gave her a small smile. “Well, I’m not letting you stay over so you should feel obligated to clean” he smirked and opened the dishwasher and put the cups that he had cleaned into it. “Besides, it’s only cups” he walked over and placed a hand against Prim’s cheek before leaning down and placed a soft kiss against her forehead. “But thank you, do you have everything you need?  Because I really need to go to bed now” he mumbled stepping away scratching his cheek giving her a warm smile. He was exhausted and there were a lot of things he needed to look over tomorrow. One would think that the title lord gave you some kind of free life, where you could do as they wanted. But with money and land came a lot of responsibility, especially since he didn’t live there at this very moment.
Primrose

Primrose

Humør : That feminine urge to finish every sentence with, "if that makes sense" despite knowing it absolutely makes sense.
Antal indlæg : 96

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 2:50 pm

"Feeling obligated to and doing it because I want to, is two very different things," she pointed out as he came closer towards her. About to come with another set of good points as he placed a hand against her cheek, and still able to stop her from making stupid arguments by a simple kiss on her forehead. "I have everything I need, otherwise, I'm a big girl I can find things myself," she pointed out with a little smirk, she reached out and and placed the tip of her fingers by his jaw line, let them trace to his chin. "You better go to bed then, can't have you all grumpy tomorrow just because you didn't have time to get your morning shot of caffeine before going anywhere," she teased lowly as she took her hand back, "goodnight," Primrose then headed towards the guest room where she was staying. This this was the weirdest thing about staying over, looking over her shoulder looking at him shortly before entering the room and closing the door. Because despite he was right next door, she felt like he was so far away.
___
Out
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 3 Empty

Every success story can be told in a series of failures
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 3 af 3Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3
 Lignende emner
-
» What if I told you
» You wouldn't believe me if I told you - Kyle
» I meant what I said, when I told you that you're not alone anymore
» I told you, I will always find you - Jason
» That’s how the story goes

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum