Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Every success story can be told in a series of failures

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Violet

Violet

Humør : "Please tell me when its over"
Fag : Magic | Magic history | Healing | Math | History | Track | Swimming
Antal indlæg : 180

Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: violet #c3d55f   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 9:50 am

She nodded as he informed her that she needed to go to the east part of the house. Now, Violet had no idea which direction that was east, west, north, or south. So, she guessed before she was redirected to the other part of the house. “I knew that” she mumbled, walking the direction that she now knew to be the east part of the house. He was correct, she almost only had one bar. And it seemed to struggle to keep up with the poor signal. A soft sigh left her, knowing it might be a long shot. But she could at least try. She found the contact that she needed, but as soon as she pressed the call button and pressed the phone against her ear, she could hear the dreaded tone of no connection. She tried again, and again. But with no luck. She hissed a little, as it meant she had to take him up on the offer of him driving her back home. She walked back to the kitchen and sat down. “I couldn’t get ahold of them” she mumbled, taking a sip of her tea. Sarah came back with a very beautiful, designed silver locket. “Well then Nathaniel will drive you” she said with a smile, and then made a small click with the tongue as it almost seemed like both of the youngsters would argue against it. “No arguing, he’ll do it, and it will be fine – here you are love, with time as you learn to control your ability, this can also store magic, making it easier for you to focus on taking that instead of others” she smiled, Violet looked with big eyes at the heavy, beautiful, and without a doubt expensive necklace. “Thank you” she mumbled, Sarah nodded and then took her own cup “Now, I have some things I need to look at, it was good meeting you, please come back again” she said as she retreated to the study, this time not seemingly coming back. “I’m ready in a moment, then we can drive” Violet mumbled a little defeated and drank the rest of the tea and got up from the table once again. Putting the locket inside of her trousers looking at him.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Antal indlæg : 60

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 11:40 am

Nathaniel let her be, after all the last thing she wanted was for him to jump in on a private conversation if she was even lucky enough to get the connection going. He would offer to magically strengthen the signal, but it took practice and she didn't seem like one for wanting help from him. Nathaniel sipped his tea looking towards her placing the cop down, as she said she could get a hold on them, before he looked towards Sarah that came back and gave Violet a necklace. Mentioning as well that in that case he would drive her, Nathaniel about to point out that Violet had made it very clear she did not want that, but before he could even say anything to it, Sarah had spoken - and it was indeed pointless arguing with her. "Yes," he nodded confirming he had understood the instruction before picking his tea up again taking the final sip from the cup. Nathaniel licking his lips a little bit by Sarah hoping to see Violet here some day, he really doubt that Violet would ever come back here unless it was because she needed help with anything with perhaps the necklace. "Sounds good,"he took a deeper breath in before getting up, walking over to clean his cup up, before turning to her, placing his hands on the counter. "Would you prefer me driving you to your parents or the academy? I'm sure when the missed call goes in, they will be worried," He didn't know where her parents lived, and per say he didn't really care, if he could get someone home to their parents, it would be worth it.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 12:05 pm

She folded her lips together, as he asked if she would prefer him to drive her to her parent’s house, or the academy. She still needed her backpack, but at this point the school would be closed for students. So; “My parents, my father lives in moonlight falls, the sea road” she mumbled, picking up her bundle of clothes. She walked with him out of the house. Looking behind her, still in awe that it was just a small cottage and inside it was giant. She would reckon that it was bigger than her father’s.

Even though it was raining, and her hair slowly sucked against her skin. She stood in front of the door to the passenger seat. Not really moving an inch, feeling how rain was soaking the clothes she was wearing, and the ones she was having in her arms. Trauma, it really did a number on people when not dealt with. And all she could remember was when she had placed herself in a car, that had almost ended her life because of her crushing it with her powers. Mostly because of the guy, and what he had done to her. But still, it didn’t help.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 12:20 pm

He nodded a little and watched as she picked up her clothing from the chair, before he started walking towards the exit of the house. It had started to rain, great. Nathaniel walked to the car and unlocked it before he opened his door about to sit in. He looked at her starring at the car, making him press his brows together for a moment. Well, with her pulling the chair against the door earlier, the way she had been at him - Nathaniel knew there was more to the story than just a girl nervous to drive or be alone with a guy, but it also wasn't on him to poke at it. "Violet," he then spoke more softly hoping to get her attention, but didn't move closer towards her, just standing still. "Would you rather drive there?" He then asked, at least giving her the option, not that he let many people drive his car, he had grown personally attached to it. Never thought he could get attached to a car till he had gotten this one. "I call her Bella, I know - its a bit cheesy, but well," he looked towards the car shortly before looking back at Violet.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 12:37 pm

She blinked as he spoke her name. It was so softly that it almost cracked the mask that she had worn so long. For a short time, tears were mixing with the rain, gliding down her cheeks and she shook her head. “I don’t know how to drive” she whispered, letting out a dry laugh as he told her that he called the car Bella. She looked at him and then inhaled a big chunk of air trying to calm herself, before she opened the door and stepped inside. Feeling just how wet she had become as she pulled at the seatbelt and clicked it in.

Violet didn’t look at him, she put the bundle of clothes down by her feet and started moving her hands up and down her thigh to calm herself. Calming breaths. Don’t think about it. She wanted to say that she was sorry, that she hadn’t meant to be so cruel towards him. But she also couldn’t get herself to do it because she didn’t trust him. Besides, he had been a little ass when it came down to it.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 12:55 pm

She didn't know how to drive, it was an honest answer, and he nodded a bit. "That's okay," he breathed slowly out trying not to let her entire being trespass into his soul, but it became a harder task than he assumed it would be. Then she opened the door and sat herself in, and he slowly followed along sitting inside and closed the door. He could feel her fear picking on his skin, wishing he could say something like: I'm not going to hurt you. But wasn't that said about serial killers in all movies at this point? But she took her seatbelt on, and he started the car. "Searoad you said?" He asked, knowing it was what she had said. Nathaniel handed her his phone and unlocked it before he started driving out of the forest. "If you type it in the gps, it will go faster," Nathaniel informed with a small smile. He turned on the radio, letting some music in, not just to hopefully calm her nerves a little, but it also made it easier for him to focus. He hated driving in the dark, and when it rained - but here we were. "I've heard Searoad should be quite breathtaking," he didn't know why he tried to make conversation, perhaps because of his disliking for the silence. "I've lived with Sarah for the last couple of years, she found me after I was turned into a warlock. Taught me everything magic related I know - oddly most importantly to accept the fact that I am what I am," he then spoke keeping his eyes on the road. He didn't know why he just spoke so freely, maybe it was the road, maybe because she had just been in his home - or perhaps all of it together mixed with the fact that sometimes knowing the stranger next to you, could make you feel more comfortable.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 2:35 pm

“Yeah” she mumbled, looking at the phone he handed her, it took a second before she took it and then typed in the address in the GPS app. She then placed it so he was able to look at it, and hear what the female voice told him to do. “It is” she answered quite curt, using all her energy not to let her powers run amok. Now when her mother had taken some of the magic, she had absorbed it had helped. But she was attending a school filled with magical creatures. Accessing it was so easy, and very hard for her to control. She might feel sorry for him, if she understood just how painful it was being turned into a warlock. But she didn't know much about the supernatural world yet.

I just found out that I was a siphoner” she then shared some of her story when he did his. “Lived for a very long time just thinking that I was human with some very horribly diagnosis” she let her tongue run over her lips, still moving her hands slightly over her thighs, still fighting with keeping herself calm. “Renfield syndrome, ADHD, bipolar, schizophrenia” she elaborated “but I’m pretty sure that I only have ADHD” she laughed, but even though she sounded like she was okay she felt how the car made a jump because of the uneven roads in the forest. “Stop the car” she begged “please stop, I just, one minute”
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 3:18 pm

"That must have been quite a shock," he acknowledged and licked his lips a little bit. Well, he had grown up with a very narrow minded view on supernatural, but he had more knowledge than even some supernatural people at times. Even witches who never learned to control their powers from early age could become dangerous, not just to others but themselves included. The same for vampires. Being treated like a human when you weren't, he couldn't imagine how it was like, far from. It wasn't like the system was easy on humans either, "yeah, humans shouldn't always be the one treating the supernatural," he breathed out. Then for a moment it was quite. Then the Stop the car, made him look over at her for a moment, "sure, give me a second," he nodded looking around to see if he could see a more settled place to pull into the side, before doing so. Nathaniel took a deeper breath in looking over to her, not going to stop her if she needed to go outside, even if he wasn't fond of letting anyone wander alone in the dark. "What do you need?"
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 6:53 pm

She nodded, as he told her to give him a moment. Even though she would rather have him just hit the brakes and let her off right here and then. Sweat started pooling down her neck, and she needed to get out before she hurt him and herself. And well, his precious Bella. As they finally got to a full stop, she unclasped her seat belt and fiddled with the door. She finally got it open, and almost feel to her knees as her foot was caught on the seat belt. A small curse left her, as she fumbled around in the mod of the ground she had fallen on. At one point she just dug her fingers into the ground, feeling the cold slick dirt roll around her fingers. She tried to calm herself but could just feel and hear how the sound of metal snapped under the pressure of her powers. Then she let out a scream and redirected all of her power towards the tree standing a few meters from her. It broke, splintered as a twig, and fell to the ground. A she gasped after air, feeling how blood glided down from her nose as she looked up in the air. Rain washing away the thick blood that she could taste was now on her lips. At least she felt better. She slowly got up from her knees. Tried to brush off most of the dirt and then sat into the car again. Drying of the rest of the blood with the back of her hand. “I have some issues” she muttered, as she didn’t even look at him.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 01, 2021 8:38 pm

It was pure instinct that he rushed out of the car the second that she almost fell out of it. He had seen people out of control before, overwhelmed to a point he knew even if he got too close he could get hurt - it had never stopped him before. He watched her fall to the found, looking like she could explode, even he could hear the sound of the metal crumble. But as she screamed, it was directed towards the tree, jumping a bit back as he watched it break in the light of the car, and he could swear he felt the vibrations in the ground as it fell. Nathaniel took a sharper breath in, not that it scared him, he had seen some real scary shit in his life and this didn't top it. Nathaniel didn't move closer her despite he wanted to, but he watched her carefully. Watched as she got back up on her feet and tried to brush the dirt off her, then he sat back in the car as she did. "Don't we all," he breathed out and closed his door again. Once she had closed her door he was ready to start the car again, making sure there wasn't other people coming by before heading out on the main road again. "You will figure it out, the magic and how to control it. You will figure it out," he assured her looking shortly towards her side as he once again exhaled then keeping his eyes on the road. "I'm sure you can text your father now, letting him know the time we will arrive," he nodded towards the gps that told around what clock they would arrive at the destination, and who knew maybe it would provide her with a little bit of comfort that he wanted her to take these precautions, maybe it didn't.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyTors Dec 02, 2021 9:34 am

She let out a tired laugh as he told her that weren’t all people mad. “Well, a little, or else you are just incredibly boring” she added, and closed her eyes and fatigue glided over her whole body. Almost making it ache, and she wished for nothing more than to take another bath and then go straight to bed. But it would take some time before they would be at her father’s place. Then his voice was again heard in the car they were sitting in. He told a good point; she opened her eyes and found her phone that was slightly damp from the rain that was about now chilling her to the bone. “Thanks” she mumbled, to the fact that he meant she would be able to control it. Maybe she would, but it would be a long and hard journey.

After a few minutes of the silence, and she had gotten a text back that her father was just happy to hear from her and looking forward for her to come home. She looked out the window and had to blink away a few tears, still not understanding that she could have become this lucky. Which also made her so afraid that someday it would all be over.

I was in a car, when, something, you know happened… and I couldn’t control my powers... so, the entire car started crushing, like when you scrap a car” she softly spoke, as she started to bite her fingernail. She hoped her talking about it, might help her not having him to stop the car every five minutes.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyFre Dec 03, 2021 3:24 pm

Nathaniel took a deeper breath in, hard not to notice something affected her hashly. He noticed she got a text back, hopefully it gave her some assuring in the fact that someone expected her. Then she opened a bit up, making him look shortly to the side before looking back at the road. Nathaniel took a deeper breath in, now a lot of things could happen in a car. But it was the way she mentioned her powers had been out of control, the way she had starred at the car as if he was a serial killer plotting to kill her and drop her dead body somewhere out in the forest. As if he was going to hurt her. He couldn't blame her for being on edge, there were some pretty awful people in this world. Nathaniel couldn't even say he wasn't one of them, cause he had killed people -  he had been one of the bad guys. "I guess not knowing what you were made it even scarier then?" He asked, assuming it couldn't have made things easier if you didn't know you had powers. One thing was making things happen, another thing was learning how to stop. Sometimes he still had trouble stopping using his magic once he had started a flow, but with a teacher like Sarah - he had learned faster than many others did. "I'm sorry you had to go through, what happened," he then said, still not knowing what had happened, but it didn't mean he wasn't sorry that she had to through something that clearly had affected her. "How long have you been attending the academy?" He wondered, giving her something to at least focus on talking about if she wanted.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 12:06 pm

She nodded slowly looking out of the window, when he asked if the fact of her not knowing what she was, had made it scarier. It also made her an easy target. “A lot of innocent people as gotten hurt because of me not knowing” she mumbled, resting her elbow against the doors window, and let her chin find her hand that cupped around it. One had even gotten killed. Hunted, by more than just the authorities. It wasn’t easy to be both unwanted and unloved, but also a freak that didn’t know truly what they were. And then she had gotten Betty, that had been a little old. But she had known about the supernatural, even though she had just been a human. Which had been the whole reason why she wanted her to attend Athena Academy and hopefully learn what she was, and how to control it. Things had finally gotten better after she had been placed there, even though she had been far too old to actual get foster parents. And still it had taken her four years before she had been strong enough to use the money left for her and follow the wish of Betty.

Violet shrugged her shoulders as Nathaniel said he was sorry that it happened. Or that she had to go through with it. Having a hard time believing that his words was more than just a common curtesy that people did, when they had no idea how to react to information they had gotten. And then came the next thing, topic change. She looked towards him lifting her head from her hand and took in a deep breath. “Well, just started this September” she told him, putting her index fingers nail in between her teeth, and started pull at it. Pulled it out of her mouth again. “So, you were created warlock? Why?” she asked a little matter-of-fact, not caring if it wasn’t very polite way to ask.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 2:22 pm

September, that wasn't an awful lot of time to figure out what you were nor what you were capable off. Nathaniel didn't comment, more of a nod as he acknowledged the information he was provided with. One thing that did throw him a bit off his confidence game was the follow up question, the question that made his hand travel up and down the steering wheel, taking a sharper breath in, his voice had been pitching a bit. "Why? I don't know -" he breathed a little bit more unsteady out, almost trying to mask the sorrow that follow the tale with a quick laugh - but it didn't stick, and Nathaniel started to pick his lower lip with his teeth. "Some witches that found me, brought me in - and wanted to test out their covens strength, see if they were capable of performing such a risky spell," he could feel his heart speed a little bit up, most of the memories made him rather uncomfortable, but he was also raised to tell a story without getting his emotions involve too much. "I do not recommend it. The only reason I made it out is because Sarah, who knows where I would have end up without her, if anywhere at all," he breathed out, hoping some of the tension would lower from his shoulders. Because he knew, if she hadn't found him he would most likely have died, that time had been the only time where Nathaniel ever had come to the thought; 'Maybe I would have been better off dead'. Luckily, he hadn't gotten the chance to explore that path further.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Her eyes followed his movements and how he reacted very carefully. So, maybe the always confidence Nathaniel, was just a cover. A mask to hide away the man falling apart from what had been done to him. Interesting. Her fingers glided through her hair and caught a few locks that she twirled around between her fingers while listing to what he told her. “So, you were human before?” she asked, not because she wasn’t sorry for what had happened to him. Or had sympathy that he had been put in a situation that altered his entire life and how he viewed it. But she couldn’t know what he thought or just how the pain had altered him. Which meant, she didn’t dare to try to talk about feelings in this, unless he wanted to. ”I never really understood this need, to turn something into something they’re not” she licked her lips “My sister, she was turned into a killing machine, and she was, hopefully still is one of the most kindest and purest beings in the world” she shrugged looking out the window “guess it comes from a world, where you either hunted or the hunter” she mused, as she herself had encountered these Hunters that wanted to kill every supernatural being they came across. No questions asked, they just needed to die, because of what they were.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 4:16 pm

"Yeah," he kept his reply short. He didn't expect her to understand how it was, or what had happened to him. He barely felt sorry for himself, because this was what you got for being on the wrong side of things - at least that was what he had been told. To turn something into something they're not, he licked his lips a little, no, he agreed. He hadn't always, but now he saw things very clearly. It was one thing he always had liked about Mariella, despite the world around her had been chaotic and harsh - she had never changed what was in her heart. And he hoped that she was okay after he had been forced to take his leave. Nathaniel listened to this sister he mentioned, someone being turned into a killing machine - still being kind - hopefully as Violet said. He couldn't know how or by what means, but he had opened his eyes more to the fact that even hunters were turned into killing machines. "A world of change. The hunter can become the hunted, and the hunted can become the hunter," he breathed out keeping his eyes on the road.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 4:49 pm

She couldn’t help but let out a small sarcastic laugh leave her, as he told her that the roles could be reversed. Yes of course they could, but only because one was forced to. Because it was either that or be killed. And when it came down to it, very few beings that had the capability to defend yourself, would just roll over and take the beating. “Takes one to know one” she whispered, not actually wanting him to hear it, but keeping her mouth shut was a problem for her. Getting her in all sorts of trouble, including with law enforcement. Funny, especially now that she knew that her mother was a detective. She couldn’t help but wonder how she would have turned out, if she had lived with her parents, if she had been loved and cared for. “So, what are you now Nathaniel? A hunter or the hunted?” she asked, turning her gaze towards him. Knowing it might be harsh to talk to him like this, but at least it was keeping her mind off her memories that would turn his precious car into scrap metal.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 5:17 pm

What was he? It was a rather philosophical conversation they going right now, or at least the one she tried to kept feeding. "The or," he replied looking shortly over to her for a moment. "I've been both. But I don't want to put myself in a box where I'm forced into fitting a model that is created with a black and white image," he shook his head a little bit. "I used to think there was one right way to live, the way my parents raised me and my brothers - but it wasn't, I know that now. The world is filled with glorious colors, one just have to open their eyes to see it for what it could be  - not what it is," Nathaniel licked his lips a little, taking a turn towards the borders of Moonlight Falls. Funny, you could always feel it in the air, the magic that was around in this country. Then of course, it was created and held by the Sinclair's. "It's quite a magical country this, you feel it? The magic in the air, as a human i barely noticed it -" he mumbled a little bit looking shortly around the houses as they entered the city area.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 8:52 am

She raised a brow as he started to be philosophical, that he was the ‘the or’, and didn’t want to be placed in a box. She had a hard time excepting that anyone could ever step out of something they were. Maybe it was because it was so damn hard to break the habits that you have grown up with. That social heritage that was underneath your skin, shaping you from the day you were born. Memories, speech patterns, and your parent’s habits that they have learned from their parents. To be fair, a never-ending circle of bad ways of coping and handling things, that everyone always told themselves they would never do. And then to end up doing it anyway.

Almost everything in this region has some kind of magic in it” she whispered, knowing now why she had so many problems. She did as him and looked outside the window and watched the houses that they passed by. “Just, a small disclaimer, my father is a fallen angel, but pretty old, so his aura can be a little overwhelming for some” she added looking towards Nathanial before turning her eyes back on the passing streets.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 9:27 am

"That is true," it was so much more than that to him. It was the energies in the air, he could almost imagine how if you collected the energy you could store enough power to perform magic under a new moon. Maybe it was just him making to much thought of it, but for someone who hadn't always been in this magical energy - you couldn't really help but wonder. Then Violet mentioned that her father was a fallen angel - and not just that, an pretty old one, which made him blink a little bit. "Thanks for the heads up,"he breathed a little bit out, just hoping he wasn't going to get his head ripped off."So, you got the whole siphoner package from your mother?" Nathaniel then wondered, it seemed rather obvious, but you never really knew - and he was curious. He took a left turn towards Sea Road, "almost there," he announced looking at all the Christmas lights that was starting to come up, making it a rather lovely ride to drive. Almost making it a lonely one to drive all the way back after.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 6:39 pm

She nodded slowly, as he told her thanks for giving him a heads up. She was close to tell him that he was also one of the angels that had fallen because of the fact that he had stood up for Lucifer. It had been a rather interesting tale, and she could somewhat see it from her father’s perspective that something was wrong. And how could she not, that God of goodness and mercy that they always talked about. Where was he, when so many were suffering? And then it was always followed up with, God would never let you face more than you are capable of handling. What kind of sick bullshit was that? “Yep, all from her, which believe it or not comes from a family that has ties to some of the very first of their kind, you know, first pureblood vampires and first warlock and witches, well not really witches as she isn’t a Sinclair, but a Jones?” those names didn’t really mean much, but she tried to keep up with her parents talked about the families. Almost as if they were all legacies. "Yeah, I can see that" she whispered, letting her eyes look
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 08, 2021 8:33 am

If he couldn't have gotten more curious by the minute, then she mentioned being related to some of the very first of their kind. First vampires, it had to be Addams, he knew a bit about them - enough to cover most cases where they were involved, and the Jones' - he had read lot of stuff about them as well, of course most of it were from the perspective he was supposed to have, and he wondered if he read it again if he could read between the lines and discover that everything depended on who was telling the story. "That is something - then, how come you first discover what you are by now?" Nathaniel wondered as he took the final turn towards the house. "Or, you don't have to answer that," he breathed ou. It seemed weird for her not to know what she was, if she had a family like that. Then followed by the thought perhaps he already knew the answer or at least enough of it to know she wasn't raised by her mum - even more questions could be asked, but he chose not to. This wasn't his place. He looked towards Violet, as he stopped the car. Mostly because he knew by this trip she longed to get back out of it again.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: violet    Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 08, 2021 10:14 am

She looked towards him, as he asked why she hadn’t known what she was before until recently. Not getting a chance to answer, before they made a turn, and she could see that her father’s house was right there. You don’t have to answer that. She unbuckled the seat belt and turned towards him. Almost with an emotionless and stoic face. “Because I was kidnapped when I was only a few hours old and put in the foster system” She explained rather matter-of-fact, opening the door seeing that her father stepped outside pulling a jacket on. It was rather cold wasn’t it.

Austin made a small wave towards the man sitting in the car, and then turned with a warm smile towards his daughter. She stepped towards him and was quickly pulled into a tight hug. She closed her eyes for a moment, and just let herself feel the love that was coming from her father before she nodded, when asked if she was okay. Then she walked around inside the house. Which earned her a raised brow from Austin that turned towards Nathaniel and walked towards the side of the car he was sitting in. “Thank you for driving my daughter home, would you like to come in and get a warm cup of coffee?” he asked, knowing that it might be a long drive back home.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 08, 2021 11:09 am

Kidnapped as a child, that was rough, or rough didn't really seem to cover it. But he didn't say anything as he watched her get out of the car. "Thank you Nathaniel," he mumbled a bit to himself and clicked his tongue a little, "it was my pleasure, no problem at all," he added, pulling the window down, and waved to the man, Violet's father who came out to meet Violet on the way. He took a sharper breath in, he missed being able to just go back home to his family - but he also wasn't ready to face how they would react to see him like this, then better having them believe he was dead than looking like him like he was a ghost or worse. Then Violet walked inside and Nathaniel breathed out getting ready to take his leave when he was talked to. He nodded a bit as it was no problem, however, he wasn't sure if Violet wanted to spent more time with him than she had to. However, it had been a long drive, with only one stop on the way in this weather and this time of night. 2 hours just to get here had however felt like much less, perhaps it had been the company. "Don't mind if I do," he smiled before killing the engine and stepped out of the car. His legs had really been needing to get out of the car.  "Just a quick cup -" he nodded a bit holding his hand out, "Nathaniel Wardwell," he presented himself politely.

Primrose met Violet by the door as she walked inside, "hey," she smiled at her before letting her in a warm embrace and took in the smell of the warlock outside, then she pulled Violet slowly out of her embrace - before seeing the necklace, and let her fingers grab it. "You met Sarah?" Primrose asked with a soft chuckle, mostly because it seemed like a very Sarah thing to give, and also it was the very same she had gotten from her old friend a time when she had struggled with her control over her powers. "It's funny, she gave me the exact same necklace once when I struggled with my powers back in the day. It suits you," she smiled at her daughter, before looking towards the door when Austin came back inside with the stranger. Nathaniel reached his hand out towards the siphoner - Primrose took his hand giving it a shake and presented themselves, before putting the dots together. "You are the warlock Sarah took in, yeah - I've heard a little about you. You couldn't have been put in better hands," she chuckled a little before letting her eyes meet with Austin's for a short moment, then looking to Violet.
Violet

Violet

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Austin took his hand and gave him a warm smile “Augustine Ennerdale, but I normally just go with Austin, haven’t used Augustine for a very long time” he chuckled, letting Nathaniel get up beside him before they started walking towards his house. “I hope there wasn’t much trouble on the way here, the fact that you even got her in the car with you, is quite impressive” he said, without looking at the warlock, as he let him inside.

Violet clicked her tongue and gave her mother a smile as she saw her in the doorway. “Hello” she mumbled, being a little surprised by getting yet another hug. But she let herself indulge and closed her eyes while she placed her arms around her mother and hugged her back. Violet however widened her eyes and nodded when she asked if she had met Sarah “Yeah, how'd you know?” she asked, but the explanation came quickly as Prim explained it was because she herself had gotten a necklace much like it. “Thank you” she said a little shyly and then looked over her shoulder as both her father and Nathaniel came back. A small groan left her, but she couldn’t help the small cheeky smile forming on her lips, that she quickly hid by turning around and walking towards the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee or tea. Whatever she felt like when she was finally there. “I remember Sarah” Austin nodded, licking his lips “I still don’t think she likes me” he chuckled, knowing very well why. He had after all, killed and burned a lot of witches in the name of a god that had abandoned him. “So, coffee for everyone?” he asked, letting his eyes follow Violet as she had walked into the kitchen by herself. Had he overstepped asking Nathaniel inside? Oh well, it would all turn out okay, he was sure of it.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Every success story can be told in a series of failures   Every success story can be told in a series of failures - Page 2 Empty

Every success story can be told in a series of failures
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 3Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» What if I told you
» I meant what I said, when I told you that you're not alone anymore
» I told you, I will always find you - Jason
» You wouldn't believe me if I told you - Kyle
» That’s how the story goes

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum