Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Homeward Bound

Go down 
+2
Katelyn
Jack
6 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3
ForfatterBesked
Jamie

Jamie

Humør : I think I mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart.
Antal indlæg : 193

Homeward Bound - Page 3 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 12:32 am

Jamie took a long and deeper breath in. "Kenna and I are just friends from work, don't get started on that," he lifted a finger up towards Archie. He had never really seen Kenna that way, sure she was beautiful and successful all of that, but he had known her most of the time while married - his thoughts had never wondered that far to other than the obvious that she was a beautiful woman. Jamie took a cup of coffee not taking his serious gaze from Jamie, well Jamie did have a flair for drama and it could quickly come to show. "You are saying two more hours of this chaotic duo?" Maya whispered to her father a notch dramatic, before reaching over to get a cup of coffee, laughing as her father ran to the table. Irina shook her head a little at Nigel, with a warm smile on her lips, before she sat down beside him and looked at his brothers for a moment. It time to time made the werewolf miss back when she had been close with her siblings, at least Natasha was slowly coming back into her life again. She lifted her brows a little bit looking towards Nigel, playing the part of the lead girl in some chic flick looking for the lastest gossip. Maya had been right, this was better than tv.

Jamie looked over at Nigel raising his brow a little bit, clearly not finding his brother that amusing. Especially as he called him by his birthname, Jamie slowly clicked his tongue and took a very long and deep breath in. "It's not that simple, okay -" Jamie pointed out and raised his finger towards Nigel, then at Archie. "It's easier said than done - how did this conversation turn into a questionnaire about my personal life may I ask?"
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Archibald

Archibald

Antal indlæg : 67

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 12:45 am

Both Archie and Nigel pulled their hands up in the air, if it was a gun that Jamie had pointed at them and not just his fingers. But that didn’t mean they were going to let this one pass them by. It hadn’t even been like this when he had been with McKenna, so – “Shit, he is really serious about this one” Nigel breathed leaning back into his seat taking a sip of his coffee nodding towards Archie that quickly smile and made a sideways nod “It would really seem like that, there is only one test, have you turned anyone down so not to ruin your chances with Sariel?” Archie asked looking at his older brother almost with expectation. But dodging the question was more than enough to answer what they both needed to know.

Are you kidding me!” Archie laughed and fist bumped Nigel as they both got up from their seat before sitting down again. “Now this whole day is saved, this time its Jamies turn to be turned around by a woman, and not him laughing at us” Archie hummed closing his eyes while enjoying the coffee that had been given him. It was truly something to just sit down with his family again, something he hadn’t been able to for such a long time. He popped open an eye looking towards Jamie "Is she coming to the wedding then?"
Jamie

Jamie

Humør : I think I mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 12:57 am

Jamie's eyes got big for one second when asked if he had turned anyone down, now he couldn't completely say no, but he also hadn't taken things further and ended it with Iris, in a very polite way as well. Jamie didn't answer, he just took a sip of the coffee, still a bit too hot to be drinken but he didn't care. But his brothers reaction almost made him spit it out again and place the cup down. Maya and Irina looked at each other for a second, nodding to each other just pretending they knew what was going on. "Pff, when have I ever laughed at the two of - okay never mind," he breathed out and scratched the back of his head a little bit. It had been easy with McKenna, because he could live in the world he had thought was his dream reality, where he didn't have to think about what he was, what the world really was. But the time he had spent with Sariel just made him fall more and more, and it freaked him out.

Was she coming to the wedding, was a good question. He hadn't asked her yet, but he had thought about it. Many times really. The only thing being that part of Elenora's family being angels, then again he didn't know if they were coming or not - and he wasn't sure Sariel would feel comfortable in the situation. Then again the shapeshifter could just ask and find out how the cards were placed. "I guess I can ask her?" He pressed his brows a little together, for a moment not all overconfident as he usually was. "You should just ask her, sometimes you just need to rip the bandage off and see where it takes you," Maya added to the conversation looking at Jamie with a warm smile. "You don't get anywhere if you don't take some chances." Maya sipped some coffee, and Jamie blinked a little puzzled before looking at Nigel, then slowly lifting his coffee up taking a sip of it. Because she was right, he hated it but his niece was right.
Archibald

Archibald

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Archie nodded at Maya’s words about him just ripping of the bandage “Just think it like this, one day, she won’t be here, and then you’ll never get a new chance” after his death he had gotten another perspective for life, and one of them being never to wait around to get what you wanted. There had been a time where he had thought that Jamie was in the same mindset of that, but even the most confident people could lose themselves on the way. Archie yawned and put his leg over the other while sipping his coffee. “Tell me again why I needed to get up this early when they aren’t even coming for a couple of hours?” Archie huffed looking towards Nigel that just shrugged, but before he could say or do anything as very tired and smiling Katelyn came downstairs, wearing some sweats and a big t-shirt that did look mistakenly a lot like a guy’s t-shirt. “Oh, morning Archie!” she beamed running towards him giving him a big hug before waving towards Jamie “what are we talking about?” she asked walking over giving Jamie a hug, she looked around seeing there wasn’t any coffee left in the pot and decided to walk towards the kitchen instead. “Oh, wow it smells awesome, Maya!” she yelled from the back of the kitchen while she put over another pot of coffee.
Jamie

Jamie

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 12:58 pm

It wasn't as much a nice willing to take a chance as much as he was afraid of what would happen. Was his heart ready to let someone in again that way, someone he could lose. Jamie wasn't ready to feel that powerless as he had when he had found McKenna dead back then. It was a long time ago, but grief and anger did a huge number on a person, it took time for a broken and damage heart to heal more to accept what had happened. Even though Jamie was starting to come around to that thought, he had let Sariel sleep over, they had been out having dinner together, and he knew, he knew he had fallen in love with her - but his own fear of messing up kept him at distance. "I know, I know that," he mumbled a little bit and held his breath for a moment scratching his beard, before taking a larger mouthful of his coffee. He needed to follow his own advice, what had happened to the guy who was so sure of himself and just went for what he wanted? He needed to find him again.

Maya looked over at Archie as he asked why they were here this early. "Well, I wanted to spend some more time with you - besides, aren't you and Nora up with the sun either way?" Maya pressed her brows a little together with a warm smile. The hybrid could hear the footsteps of her sister slowly made her way towards the gathering. "For a second I was unsure if it was Roman or you who was here," Maya joked by the fact that Katelyn was wearing mostly Roman's clothing, which did gave of some scent. Jamie smiled to Katelyn giving her a soft wave before she walked over to give him a hug, and gave her one too. "Thank you!" Maya yelled back to Katelyn with a proud smile, "told you I had some secret skills."
Archibald

Archibald

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Archie leaned over and placed a hand on Jamie’s shoulder giving him a small smile ”No one is blaming you for pumping down the breaks, just, we are also obligated to remind you that losing out on this one will haunt you for the rest of your life” he then leaned back, and looked towards Maya with a big smile “That is Nora, okay, I try to be a good sport and get up when she does, but its slowly killing me I much rather just sleep in” he laughed shrugging his shoulders. At least the coffee and the food were starting to put a damper on his foul mood. To be honest only came because he had been talking with the venue yesterday and they suddenly decided to mix up what they had ordered. Now, Archie had never been a leader nor a person that wanted to put himself in the shoes of someone taking the lead. But when it came down to it, he was train like any of his other brothers. So, it also came rather naturally not to take shit and put people in their place when they had fucked up. He was quite sure that he had made the woman cry, not that it was really his problem. This was something you shouldn’t fuck up.

Well, I for one is really looking forward to taste your cinnamon rolls” he declared giving her a little wink and a smile. Katelyn finally came back with more coffee and took her own cup, placing herself on the floor just where Maya was sitting on the couch, leaning against it and her sisters legs. “Still can’t believe that our family just got one person bigger yesterday” Katelyn breathed sipping her coffee. “yes well, seems like we should get used to it” Nigel mused putting an arm around Maya’s shoulders and pulled her into a half hug. “and last time went really well, so why shouldn’t this time be just as good?
Jamie

Jamie

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Jamie breathed out and nodded a bit, "yeah, would have kicked your ass with a few peptalks myself it the roles had been reversed," he reminded Archie with a small chuckle. Maya made a small shrug, "did you hear that Kate? If Archie can wake up and be a good sport for Nora, then you can do it for me" she pointed out to her sister who had grown overly fond of sleeping in. Which to be fair, Maya only said it to say it, she had nothing against just getting up and to some school or art work before facing the world. Maya turned her bright eyes towards Archie when he said he looked forward to tasting them, with a soft nod before taking a few mouthfuls more of her coffee. Irina just sat with one leg over the other listening in to the conversation, chuckling a bit lovingly at Maya and Katelyn. Maya moved her eyes down to Katelyn and nodded a bit, "yeah I know right," she moved her free hand over Katelyn's hair. Sometimes watching these two sisters, it was hard not to know they hadn't had a chance to grow up together, they were just two peas in a pot.  Maya laughed a little as her father put an arm around her, just leaning in against him, staying there for the moment. "So, optimistic," Jamie teased while he took a sip of his coffee, chuckling a bit. "But yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting this cyrobird brother of ours." Then it also meant Jamie wasn't the only one of his siblings that weren't born human, it didn't sound like a big deal, but it was a big deal.
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed
Antal indlæg : 218

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Yeah, that is so not going to happen, you'll have to wait for spring” Katelyn laughed as Maya told her that Archie could get up with Elenora. “I like to sleep in, especially in the wintertime where the woods energy is low. Doesn’t really make me any more energetic” she mused licking her lips, it wasn’t like a winter depression or like Elenora where she drew her powers from light. It was just like the beers going into hibernation for the winter and woke up again when it was spring. So, she just needed a lot of sleep, and wasn’t as chaotic as she normally was.

Well, I’m optimistic because it seems like a kid that just needs the right people in his life to understand who he is himself” he said with a soft smile towards Jamie, knowing very well what it would mean to have someone in the family that wasn’t human. Of course, there was Ella, but she hadn’t gone through the same things as Jamie had been born from the same mother and father as the rest of the brothers from Nepal. “I’m sure it will be fine, and if anything, we can handle a little extra in our lives, it is the Blanchard brothers we are talking about

-

The car drive back, had just been like the drive to Southside. Calming and quiet, in a way that it didn’t feel awkward. Scarlett parked the car and looked towards Jack giving him a big smile “Here we are, just breathe it will be fine” she said throwing a small soft punch against his arm before she got out of the car. She looked up at the giant three floor house. It really was amazing that Nigel had bought it and most of the house had been fixed up by him as well. She started walking towards the entryway, before she turned around. Without thinking about it, she took Jack’s hand and squeezed it while walking up towards the door. She knocked, and Nigel was the one to open giving Jack a big smile “good you made it!” he said as he pulled Jack into a hug and let him pass him, before turning towards Scarlett giving her a hug. “And you too, feels almost like yesterday we met, wait it is!” Scarlett groaned with a smile on her lips “I would say it’s too early for the dad jokes, but you had almost twenty years of practice” she joked and took of her jacket feeling the auras of a shapeshifter and an angel.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.
Fag : Martial Arts + Track + Music & Thunderbird history
Antal indlæg : 224

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Jack had barely been sleeping, nor catching up with anyone on what had happened last night. He had more or less just walked straight up to his bed and glared out the window till he finally had collapsed. It wasn't much sleep he had gotten, but oh well, Jack had a bit of overthinking to do before the morning arrived. He had a hard time not going through every single thing. So, he had gotten some coffee, he was good to go when Scarlett had picked him up. He looked towards her as she spoke to him, almost as if she had sensed he was nervous - or maybe it was just what were to be expected. Finally, they had arrived at the destination. Jack breathed out and took an even deeper breath in, as she gave him a softer punch against his arm, making him laugh a little before stepping out of the car. Walking towards the giant house, he felt Scarlett take his hand and give it a squeeze making him breath out, before letting the banshee knock on the door.

The door was open and he only just got to give Nigel a smile, before he was pulled into a hug, making him crack a short yet warm laugh and gave him a hug as well before letting go, and looked to the side as Nigel gave Scarlett a hug. Maya coming flying through to jump at Jack, happy that he had made it all the way here, despite she knew the feeling of being slightly freaked out about meeting family. She understood how overwhelming it all could be. Jack gave the smaller hybrid a hug before she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. Irina had gotten up standing a little behind Nigel when he had opened the door. Jack gave her a quick hug, feeling the spirit as he walked inside. She rolled her eyes softly at her boyfriend joking at Scarlett, letting Scarlett inside, before Irina lifted her hand up ruffling Nigel's hair a little.

Jack turned towards the shapeshifter and the angel, by the information he had from yesterday, he was sure that the shapeshifter was Jamie and the angel was Archie. "Hey," he breathed out, holding his hand out to Archie first with a warmer smile.
Archibald

Archibald

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Nigel winked at Irina as she started ruffling his hair, not really minding it all that much. He had never been particular about how he looked, not like Archie and Jamie had always been somewhat aware of how they looked and how they kept up a good appearance. Not that Archie really upheld that standard today. With his bed hair, the very grey outfit of sweater and jogging pants. The angel looked up at the man coming in. For a moment he forgot everything around him, as he just starred at the young man. “Okay, that is, a little freaky” he grinned as he got up from his seat and took his hand and shook it. “Archie” he presented before stepping back letting Jamie do the same as him. “Well, it’s a little freaky that you look almost just like Nigel before he looked like a steamroller had gone over him a couple of times and then spit him out” Nigel rolled his eyes “I look fine, thank you very much” he growled, even though the smile clearly told the rest of the people around in the living room that he didn’t really mind that statement all that much. Archie looked towards Scarlett and gave her a big smile “And you must be Scarlett” he breathed and reached out her hand to give it to her too she nodded and gave him a firm handshake “Yes, in the flesh” she said with a big smile and then turned to the rest of the people waving. Before she could do much else Katelyn put a cup of coffee in Scarlett’s hand and then turned towards Jack and gave him one too. A soft smile spread on her lips before she walked back to her spot and sat down with a small yawn. Maybe she should have put down her homework a little earlier. But after Jack and Scarlett had gone home, she had run up to her room and texted Roman ended up talking to him for a couple of hours.  “Sit down” Nigel said and placed a comforting hand on Jack’s shoulder before he guided him towards the sofa and let him and Scarlett take his and Irina’s place. He moved the armchair and sat down, signing to Irina that she should sit down on his lap.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Just like Archie, Jamie stood a little puzzled looking at the cyrobird that couldn't really fun from being their brother. After having shaken Archie's hand presenting himself Jack moved his hand to Jamie to give it a firm shake as well, "Jamie," the shapeshifter presented himself before turning his head to the puzzled Archie and his overall statement. "That was a very vivid description," Jamie blinked a little bit at Archie. Irina chuckled a bit by the words leaving Archie's lips, letting the back of her hand softly trace over Nigel's cheek, as he replied back and rolled his eyes. Both Jamie and Maya gave Scarlett a wave and a warm smile. Jack smiled softly as Katelyn gave him a cup of coffee, the only breakfast you truly needed - at least according to Jack. Jack moved over to the place where Nigel gestured them to sit down, he took a sip of the coffee. Not really knowing what to say, to be fair he never really said much - or he had his moments. Irina walked over to Nigel as he sat down, and sat down on his lap, placing one arm around his his shoulders.

Maya took her phone out as the timer went off, "I will be right back," she moved gracefully out to the kitchen, bouncing lightly so her blonde curles followed her movements, she needed to get the cinnamon rolls out the oven after all. "So, you are teaching at the academy, does that mean you have Katelyn in your classes or?" Jamie asked out of curiosity, also just to start a conversation where perhaps Jack would feel comfortable. "Track and material arts yeah," he replied, which made Jamie smile a little bit cheekier. Mostly because Jamie was just tempted for a little match with Jack, but didn't really say it, but he was sure Nigel and Archie both knew it was on his mind.
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyFre Okt 22, 2021 12:21 am

Archie turned towards his brother and winked “You know me, I always have the best imagination” Nigel shaking his head “you two, one would think after the morning you guys had, you would be done with shitting around” Archie just shrugged and gave Jack a cheerful smile “Yeah sorry, we have a long tradition of pissing each other off, all with love of course” he explained before Jamie turned the attention towards what Jack did for a living. Katelyn quickly picked up on how her uncle looked at Jack, well now her other uncle. Funny how things could chance so drastically, and him sitting here felt so natural. Archie quickly picked up on how Jamie was looking at cryobird and quickly let out a soft chuckle. “Careful, he might beat you in your little game if you challenge him for a run down the road” Katelyn’s eyes almost glisten now that she had more energy as she had eaten some breakfast and gotten some coffee. “I’m sure I could beat you, Jamie!” She claimed giving him an innocent smile almost with glistening eyes. She didn’t even think about that this was a meeting getting to know Jack. Nigel laughed and looked at Jamie “don’t take the bait” he warned giving Jack an almost knowing smile. If their half-brother had her in track, he would know that Katelyn was much faster than any normal kid. She had always been, running around when she had been younger and always surprised him just how fast she could get through the forest on her own two legs.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyFre Okt 22, 2021 10:00 am

Jamie looked over at Nigel and shook his head shortly, before looking at Jack again. Jack nodded a little, you had to have at least one person in your life who you could shit around with. He therefor made a small hand movement, to assure them it was no big deal and that he didn't mind. Jack liked they didn't pretend to be anyone else, that even though they were strangers there was no trying to be someone else to make sure they would get along. The whole vibe was just warm and home like, like he had been here more times than just Yesterday, but he couldn't avoid meeting the slight look of a challenge coming from Jamie. "Are you implying that I'm slow?" Jamie looked towards Archie and blinked a little and clicked his tongue. Then Katelyn challenged him, making Jamie look over at his niece. Jamie looked towards Nigel saying not to fall for the bait, making the shapeshifter press his brows just a little bit suspicious together. Jack chuckled a little bit, "yeah, I've seen some bet against her and lose in class -" the cryobird informed letting a little half smile curl up on his lips. There was a few reasons why Jack wanted to stay at the academy, some of the students like Maya, Katelyn and Roman brought him so much joy spending time around. "I think I will take you up on it another day if that's alright," Jamie gave Katelyn a little wink, before taking another sip of his coffee.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyMan Okt 25, 2021 5:25 pm

oorah!” Katelyn exclaimed and gave her uncle a big smile as he told her that he would take her up on it another day. She pointed towards him “I will remember that you said that to me, not backing out now” she teased, by any means she would win against him, only because it would be very fun to see the look on his face when he realized that someone could best him. Nigel pressed his brows together and looked towards his daughter. “Wait, did you just use the American marines shout out before a mission?” Katelyn pulled an innocent and oblivious face as she looked towards her father. “I’m sorry I have no idea what you’re talking about” Nigel that really didn’t get any of it just shrugged and took in a big sip of his now lurk warm coffee.  Archie looked towards Jack again, still having trouble getting over the fact just how much he looked like their brother. Well, he would fit very nicely in with all the brothers if there was ever to be taken a family photograph. “So, how much do you know about your father’s side of the family?” he asked, giving him a soft smile. Betting it would be a little overwhelming knowing that you came from a very long line of hunters.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyMan Okt 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Jack took a bit sharper breath in, when asked how much he knew. "Well, not much. I think," he looked over at Nigel with a small hand gesture, "Nigel covered the most basics, but really - I don't know much" he added returning his eyes back to Archie whom so politely had asked. "I've been thinking about everything since I got home last night, still processing to be honest - but, I've come back here to get to know all of you," he looked shortly around at everyone while taking a deeper breath in. "And I hope you will let me, and we can all get to know each other," he breathed out again with a more tender smile folding on his lips. "I think that sounds like a fair deal," Jamie breathed out and folded his hands in front of him. Jack nodded a bit licking his lips a little bit. He didn't really know anything about his brothers, other than a few things. Jack didn't know what he wanted to know, a bit of everything, he was curious about them was a newfound interest he had gotten after Yesterday. "Okay then, basics, I will best you in a game of dart - ask those two knuckleheads - they will tell you not to put up a bet," Jamie chuckled a little bit, then lifting a finger with a soft grin "and don't steal my chocolate cake, then we are all good - also, my favorite color is green, and I just moved to Aston, looking for a house -," he told with a small shrug as he exhaled with a soft chuckle. Jack nodded a bit, "noted."
Archibald

Archibald

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyMan Okt 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Nigel and Archie both listened as Jack told them what it was that he would like out of this relationship. Which, at least for Nigel was a good thing to now, because not all people saw family in the same light. And after meeting Jack yesterday, he also understood that just jumping into a normal family dynamic might be difficult when you had no idea how that worked. Archie couldn’t but chuckle as Jamie just drove right into it. Then nodded as he stated that one shouldn’t play dart with him. “Truth be told, don’t try to best him in anything throw related, all of us have .. Had” Archie corrected as with his newborn status he had lost his old abilities “something tied to hunting, Jamie here only misses when he wants to, Nigel can track anything down and has strength that matches those of vampires, which also lets him keep his somewhat good lucks” he winked at Nigel that rolled his eyes but then nodded to make sure that Jack knew that it was true about the abilities.

Well, I was reborn as an angel, and only came back to earth in the summer” he explained giving Jack a soft smile “I never really cared much for hunting, liked cooking far more and I’m the residential emo kid” he laughed looking towards Nigel that looked back and forth to his brothers “I, eh, like beer?” he huffed shrugging, as he pulled Irina a little closer to him.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyMan Okt 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Jack nodded a bit to what Archie told him about them all having some sort of abilities regarding hunting, which made him reflect on his own abilities for a moment. Jack had heard about Archie having died and coming back as an angel, but he wasn't going to ask about what had happened. It wasn't like the cryobird was stupid, he had a theory it could be related to the so called hunting. He had never really been a target to hunters, as far as he knew, mostly because he did make a target that wasn't worth time finding. Jack liked hunting, not in the same way of hunting that they were talking about, but it was more animal instinct whenever he turned. "Can be you have to teach me a few basics at some point, cooking has never been the skill I've bragged most about," Jack confessed with a soft chuckle taking a larger sip of his coffee, looking over at Nigel who stated that he liked beer. "See, I will drink to that," he chuckled a little bit. Irina looked over to Nigel as he pulled her a little closer, "and you fixed up this fancy place as well," she gave him a softer smile before looking over at Jack. "For full disclosure, I take credit for painting most of the living room," she chuckled a little bit by that memory, looking back at Nigel to place a quick kiss on his cheek. Jack chuckled a little bit looking shortly over at Scarlett before looking at Archie again. "So, I take you live here as well now, in the city?" Jack then asked. Since he knew that Nigel and Irina lived here, and Jamie was looking for a house - he took his guess that Archie had to live closeby or at least thought about it.
Archibald

Archibald

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTirs Okt 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Archie smiled when Jack mentioned that cooking never had been a skill he could brag about. ”Well, after all this race with my wedding coming up, then I’ll be more than happy to show you how it’s done” he looked towards Nigel “might take him under my wing as well, since he calls dinner burned toast, good enough” Nigel pointed towards his brother “Hey, it was one time, and I was twenty, how do you even remember that, weren’t you still in diapers or something like that” he huffed, licking his lips while Archie just pulled on his shoulders and gave him a smirk. Nigel sighed and then looked towards Irina as she talked about him fixing the house. He gave Jack a smile, then Scarlett as she commented on how well done the house had been fixed.

Archie gave his attention back to Jack as he asked if he lived in the city as well “Yes, I live with my soon to be wife, we had a house in New Orleans before, but it seems like most of the family have moved here in the last few years, so no reason not to stay” Archie explained and looked towards Scarlett as he could almost feel her stare. “When are you getting married?” Scarlett asked with a bright smile on her lips. “the 30th of October, so not far from now” he breathed rubbing his temples “Never get married, its only worth it after, but damn this headache will never let up” he complained a little, not really meaning it. Because in the end, it would all be worth it. But right in the moment, it could be very overwhelming.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyOns Okt 27, 2021 4:53 am

Weddings. Jack had never been at a wedding before, or close to anyone who had been close to getting married either, or there were of course some people around the gang or close enough by. But otherwise the only weddings he had seen was in the small tv he had found in the left store back when he was eight and could put a tape in the tiny box that only had been working on half the screen. Victoria had tried to get him into movies along with Lucas, and it seemed like his shapeshifter friends just had an easier time to adapt. But he understood staying somewhere because you had people you wanted to stay close to. October 30th was close by, just a few weeks. "Congratulations," Jack smiled despite Archie looking rather stressed out, now he was used to Lucas carrying the whole 'stressed but thankful' look. He took a deeper breath in looking from Scarlett back to Jamie and Archie.

Jamie chuckled a little by the stress levels of Archie and grabbed his shoulder giving a little squeeze before letting go. Jamie also understood the extra pressure that came from his brother and Elenora, from thinking that the day never would come, to suddenly having it being possible again - and top of the iceberg neither of the two liked doing anything small when it came to the occasion - which he understood as well. Irina moved her head a little to the sound of the truck in the driveway, seemed like Mila and Mariella finally had finished off their marked shopping. "I will go help Ella with whatever findings she has gotten this time," she chuckled a little before getting back up on her feet, and placed the empty coffee cup on the table, before she went to go outside.

Jamie clicked his tongue a little bit, never known to be holding back when curious about something, or at all actually. "So, cryobird? How is that different from the average thunderbird? - like I know cryo is due to the cold, but - pardon me, I'm just curious," he pressed his brows a little together, looking shortly behind Jack as Maya returned to the living room placing her phone in her back pocket, having had a quick conversation from someone in her online class about some codes. "Take everything you know about golden feathers and make them sky blue- cold and snow instead of thunder and lighting," he informed licking his lips a little bit while pressing his brows together. "And your feathers are made of ice," Maya pointed out walking over standing by the armchair her father was sitting in looking at Jack. "Yeah, comes with the upgraded ice powers," he breathed a little out, letting his eyes ice up for a few seconds before concealing them again. Jamie nodded a bit impressed, having gotten what he needed from his curiosity.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Thank you” Archie thanked with a small smile on his lips, looking towards his brother when he took his shoulder and squeezed it a little. It would be a nice memory when the one day would look back and be able to tell people that they actually got their day, even though all odds had been against them.

Nigel looked towards Irina as she lifted himself from his lap. He rubbed the palm of his hands over his thighs nodding with a soft smile on his lips. “Call if you need me to help as well, okay?” he called after her, as she walked outside to see what Mariella had gotten with her this time. He then shifted his attention towards Jamie that asked Jack a question about cryobird. It was not the first time he had heard about a different variation of thunderbird, was it pyrobird where the main thing was fire if he wasn’t mistaken. Scarlett on the other hand looked rather fascinated about the fact that one had powers that could be used constructively. Well, she wouldn’t love the part of changing every day or the pain followed along with it. But sometimes she wished that she didn’t felt death breathing in her ear. Living in southside didn’t make it much better.

So, do you still have the power to control weathers, or only if it’s something about cold like snow and ice?” Nigel asked rather curios now that Jamie had started the whole conversation.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptyTors Okt 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Jack took a slightly deeper breath in, turning his head towards Nigel by the question. "Well, I can still control it to some levels, cold temperatures, blizzards and yeah like you said, snow and ice," he replied exhaling and gave himself a chance to think more about it. He rarely got too many questions, he usually did fly by himself, before he had taken Maya under his wing. No one really saw him in his shape, he liked it that way, because he always had been alone getting to know who he was. "Summer and Spring is usually killer months because of the heat, if I could live in a freezer doing that time - I would," he chuckled a little bit, making Maya pull a smile, very much aware of just how true that statement was. Jack was just happy that autumn and winter was here, making him feel much more at ease. "I think I was most surprised when I met other thunderbirds, realizing that I was the one who wasn't like the others -" He chuckled a little bit to himself, his words made Jamie sit a little bit more up, leaning more into the words. Funny how, growing up in a village of evolved humans expect him and Ella - now Nigel was the only one sitting here being the evolved human among supernatural creatures. Jack caught Scarlett's eyes, a flushed smile moved to his lips before he looked away, surprised by how his heart skipped a beat ahead.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 EmptySøn Nov 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Time skip

It was after dinner that Nigel could finally close the door for the last guest that left. He let out a soft breath before he walked into the kitchen and started filling the dishwasher with Katelyn. Everything was done in silence, almost to savor that even though it was nice to be with family. There was something about closing the door and just be yourself in the house that was yours. After they were done, Nigel gave his daughter a soft kiss on the forehead before she with a smile skipped up the stairs to the last floor where she shared the floor with her sister Maya.

After he was done in the bathroom, making himself ready for bed he walked into his and Irina’s bedroom giving her a smile as he jumped down beside her and pulled her close placing a soft kiss against her cheek. “Seems our family will just keep growing” he mumbled letting his hand find her stomach with a gentle and soft smile on his lips.

It really seemed like things would just keep getting better. Even with the small bump on the road. This would be their happy ending one way or another.

___
Out
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Homeward Bound   Homeward Bound - Page 3 Empty

Homeward Bound
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 3 af 3Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3
 Lignende emner
-