Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Put your brave face on

Go down 
3 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.
Antal indlæg : 117

Put your brave face on Empty
IndlægEmne: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Dedicated to @Clay

DATE | 4th of August 2021
TIME | 12 pm
WHERE | In the doctor’s breakroom
SURRONDINGS | Right now there is only Nia
ATTIRE | Scrubs, as she just got out of surgery

Nia let out a big sigh as she sat down by the table and took a sip of the bad overcooked coffee from the coffee machine in the breakroom. But right now, it was much better than any drink she had gotten all day. After she had been picked up by Cecilia she had just stayed at the hospital. Going home and taking care of the meal that was still sitting cold on the table, didn’t really make a persuading point to go home. Besides she wanted to stay if Ethan needed anything while he was still admitted with his stab wound in the leg. What a night it had been, almost been enough to take her mind off how the rest of the evening had gone yesterday. But now sitting here alone, it was hard to push down the emotions that came with the fact that he hadn’t even called telling her he would be late.

Maybe he had tried to text or call now? She started looking around after her phone, totally forgotten to check after she had clocked in at work. She finally found it and saw there was a message, a pull in her stomach occurred as she opened it up. Sorry, something came up.
That, was it? She looked at the four words he had written to her, it had to be after she had gotten into surgery with Ethan. She felt the pit in her stomach become heavy. Maybe it had been a bad idea, they had agreed on it just being a fake relationship after all. Yes, this was definitely the best, she kept telling herself as she locked her phone and placed her head with her forehead press towards the table she was sitting at.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.
Antal indlæg : 151

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 9:29 pm

He exhaled quite exhausted as he walked inside the hospital. He rushed a hand through his hair, knowing the only reason he actually was in today, was because of a surgery he was sat on for today. It was a big one. Another big bomb he had been dealing with Yesterday was Josephine who had travelled all the way here from Australia, on top of the iceberg there was Danica he still had tried to get a hold on till this point. Why wouldn't she pick up her phone? Clay smiled at some of the nurses he passed in the hallway as he went straight to the breakroom, at least a cup of coffee could set his nerves right - or maybe not. Clay was built up with guilt for having to cancel on Nia, not even having had time to call her and tell her he wouldn't be able to make it. He was a terrible friend. And he knew that. Maybe that was the reason why she hadn't replied back.

Clayton opened the door to the breakroom, and saw her there. He stopped for a moment and took a deeper breath in. "Hey," he could feel his heart skip a beat ahead, how did he even begin to explain. How did he explain something the didn't really understood himself. So, he started at the beginning. "I - I am really really sorry about last night," he started and felt his own heart skip ahead, his legs feeling so heavy that if he took a step forward he might fall over. Therefor, he just stood still looking at her.
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Funnily enough she had been so down in her self-pity, that she hadn’t even noticed his scent, the door open or footsteps into the room before a voice called out to her. “I’m not sleeping!” she yelped, for a second actually thinking it would be Ash for a hot minute there. Then she saw who it was, and it was someone knocked the air out of her, but simultaneously her heart skipped serval beats. It wasn’t fair.

A quick smile formed on her lips as she quickly shook her head. “No, it’s alright! It was just dinner you know, and things come up all the time, I’m sure it was really important” she scratched the back of her head and looked at her phone and grabbed it, pointing at it. “And you wrote! I’m sorry I didn’t reply, I only just saw it now, crazy night, got called in and haven’t really stopped running since I clocked in... so” she stood up and pushed her phone down her pocket, pushing her hair back. She knew she looked like a mess; she hadn’t gotten all the makeup of her. She surely looked like a panda at this point. And, oh, holy hell this was bad. This crush was just getting more consuming by the minute.

So, everything alright? You’re okay, right?” she quickly added, genuine worry formed on her face as she stepped closer.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyTirs Aug 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Clay shook his head a little bit, even if it was just dinner, they were supposed to dine together, and it wasn't okay not calling in earlier than what he had. Even if things had been crazy and he didn't even had time to breath. "It was," he breathed out folding his lips together shortly before clearing his throat. "It's okay," he quickly replied to her saying sorry for not having texted him back. It was the least important thing in this. There was so much that needed to be talked about, and they had so little time here at work. He looked at the time, so little time. Clayton took a sharper and more pained breath in. Why couldn't he just be more places at the same time instead of this. "What happened last night?" He then asked around the same time she asked if everything was alright, and frowned a bit more, she wasn't on call for last night, so it had to have been quite the case if she had ended up here either way.

Was everything alright? Far from. But he didn't want to burden Nia with the mess that was about to unravel in his life. Because he didn't want all this chaos to follow him, there was a reason why he had left Brisbane, a reason why he wanted to start over, and Josephine showing up as if nothing had happened- well it just messed up with his head. But despite Clay's effort on lying and say everything was fine, there was always this thing about Nia - he always felt like he could tell her everything, like nothing he could say ever would change her view of him. "It's complicated," he confessed with a slightly pained expression. "Dinner tonight? At my place?" Clay then asked, hoping she had time and he could make up for the missed dinner last night. Then he perhaps could explain, and since Josephine didn't have his new adresse, maybe he would be left alone. Maybe.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyTirs Aug 10, 2021 6:57 pm

As she could see that he was thinking about if he was alright, she didn’t start to explain what had happened. That could wait, everything was fine now and besides everything, she was glad that she had been able to jump onboard to assist in the surgery. Even though it might have been better if it had been Clay assisting, as he was the leading in orthopaedic.
She didn’t like that pained expression, not one bit. But she didn’t get to express that before he turned around asking if she wanted to come to dinner at his place instead. She felt an instant rush in her stomach, and she tried really hard not to smile like an idiot.
Yes” she exclaimed and coughed and scratched the back of her head. “Y-yes that would be really nice” she said a little more mellow and took in a deep breath.

Her pager started beeping and he made a small groan she looked down. “Shit, okay I need to go” she said going straight into her working mode. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail and without thinking about it she lifted herself up on her toes and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek before rushing out. Only to return and point towards him. “I’ll be at your place around eight? Promise I won’t be late just to punish you” she laughed before running off again.

TIME SKIP

Danica looked around the busy hospital entrance, she couldn’t believe that she was already back here so soon, but after hearing Clay’s voicemail she couldn’t contain herself. She needed to see him, and since he had known that she had been here he had to work there, right? It was around seven, and she pulled up her phone looking at the time maybe she should just have called him. Either he didn’t work here, or he wasn’t even about to get off work at this time. Suddenly a scent she knew so well, was introduced to her. She slowly turned around. For a moment it was like the whole world quiet down, even as people walked past her. They were nothing but blurs as he was the only thing she could focus on. A soft smile formed on her lips, as she pulled up her hand and waved it. It was really him. But it felt so dull, her heart not singing for him as it normally would. How cruel the mate mark could be.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyTirs Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm

He was finally done after hours and hours in the OR, it was a succesful surgery and he was on break. It had its perks being brought back here form Brisbane, one of his things he had said he wanted was a more loose time plan. So, he was often able to navigate his surgeries how he seemed fit. Mixed with his projects as well. He was after all working on a report, if it was done good enough could maybe get nominated for a prize. Clayton had been on his way to grab a cup of the cheap ass coffee this place had, for him and Nia when she had gotten a call in from the ER, Clay had found himself grabbing her hand quickly before she could storm off and place a kiss upon her lips. Just a small, but meaningful kiss. "See you at 8," he had whispered against his lips, before he had turned around and walked away. It wasn't till he walked further away to check up on some reports that he realized what he had done, and turned his head around to see her, but she was already gone through the doors to the ER. "Fucking hell Clayton," he hissed at himself and cursed a bit low.

Then, completely distracted by a scent he knew way too well. He frowned a bit and looked around till his eyes landed on Danica, then he started rushing closer to her. Clay had been worried sick. She waved at him as he came closer. "Hey," he greeted her with a warm embrace, taking her in for a second, then he let her go, placing his hands on her shoulders, letting his eyes scan her for a moment. "How are you, are you alright?" He then asked before sharking his head a little bit. "I caught your scent here Yesterday... I tried to call you, I was so worried," he moved his eyes back to hers.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyOns Aug 11, 2021 7:21 am

Normally small kisses weren’t something people would think much about. But, for a romantic like Nia it meant everything. Which had been why she had put it down in stone, that even though they would be ‘fake’ dating they weren’t to kiss. As she only wanted that it if it was real. So, after that small peck on her lips, where time had stood still for only a couple of seconds. She knew that she either had to confess her feelings or stop pretending they were in a relationship, set them both free.

She had been yelled at by Ash a couple of times, because that one kiss had taken up everything the rest of the day before she finally got off and could go home to make herself ready. Even while getting ready, she stopped up letting her fingers glide over her lips. Could it even categories as her first kiss?

As Clay put his arms around her it was like the world promised her that everything would be okay. She let her arms glide around his frame and pulled him a little closer. Breathed in his scent. It still smelled like home.

As he pulled away, she took a step back, and gave him a big smile. She made a small nod “Yes, well, I’m better” she said and took in a deep breath that became a big sigh as she breathed out. “Yeah, I know, yesterday was crazy” she shook her head, after Diego had finally heard her messages and came to pick her up, she had just sunk into letting him try to make up for the fact on how they day after had gone.
But I’m okay –“ she looked around “Do you have time for a cup of coffee? There is a café just around the corner from here – and” she looked at him and scanned how he looked a bigger smile formed on her lips. Damn it was good seeing him again. “you look good
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyOns Aug 11, 2021 3:10 pm

She was better. Better was not okay, but okay was also a overused word. Clayton after all knew her pretty well, of he had known her quite well. He thanked the kids they had, that no longer really were kids to the fact that they were in contact still. Because she was a home to him, and he still loved and cared a lot for her. Yesterday was crazy, so he had heard, from almost every single angle of the people he had spoken to. Just seemed like the night to the 3th of August and all of it was a mess. But I'm okay, those words ham him frown a little bit, he knew there was more to the story, so he didn't really think much further than yes, they could talk over a cup of coffee. "Sounds like a good idea," he replied with a smile. He would still have plenty of time to get back to his house to make dinner - plenty of time. Clayton smiled by the compliment. After getting away from Josephine and returned here, things were getting a bit better - if you didn't take in the fact that his sister had died.

Clayton nodded towards the exit, and placed his hand gentle on her upper back, guiding her outside the building. He didn't ask many questions on his way to the café. He wasn't sure which of the places down the streets she had meant, but he let her pick the one out she had thought off. Luckily it seemed like the weather was with them for now. There was room inside as well, and it didn't seem to be too many people. "My treat, I will order and you can get us a table - what would you like?" He then asked looking at Danica as they got inside.
Danica

Danica

Humør : Everybody just ends up leaving me anyway, so why care?
Antal indlæg : 175

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptyTors Aug 19, 2021 8:30 am

It was amazing just how much a person could feel like home. Last, she had seen him they had decided to go their separate ways. He had gone to Aston Gaia, and she had stayed behind in France. It had only been a few years after that she had followed to Gaia with her fiancé. That love and attraction she had felt for him, it was like something had put a wall up and blocked those feelings. At least the attraction.

She could feel the knots in her heart starting to tighten around it and she breathed out as he placed a hand on her back and moved towards the exit.

As they walked into the exit Danica looked around, at least there weren’t a lot of people. Her attention was pulled back when Clay asked what she wanted and gave him a small smile. “Just some black tea with lemon” she asked and then walked over to a table by the corner of the shop to sit down. Danica took a deep breath hugging her purse towards her stomach while she waited for Clay to come back. As he did a bright smile lit on up on her face and she placed the back down on the ground. “Thank you” she said as she took the cup and hugged it between her hands. Her fingernails was growing out and overall she looked a lot better, well not for someone who hadn’t seen her while she had been addicted to drugs.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on EmptySøn Sep 19, 2021 7:50 am

Life would have been so much easier if they just had defied the gods and monsters and stayed together in France. He shortly started wondering what if they had done that, how their lives would have looked so much different. He ordered and got down to the table shortly after with their other. Him and his coffee with triple expresso. He allowed himself to buy two cookies as well, and brought every down to the table she had picked. He placed the tea in front of her. Danica looked like she had been through hell and back, only to take a second roundtrip. Life had been hard on her that was very clear to him. He picked one of the cookies up and broke it in half, taking the half of it and took a bite. "So lay it on me, what is going on?" He asked not sneaking around before getting to the fact that there was a real issue at hand, there was a struggle and he was unsure if she actually had the ressources to get help with it. "Nothing is too much, and you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, but just know that you can. You can always come to me mon amour," he breathed out.

It didn't matter to him how much time they did spend apart, she would always be his love, not because he was in love with her anymore. But he loved her, no matter what she stayed his family, and no one could move him from her side - even though he would love to see people try. Her wellbeing was important to him, so it was soul shattering for him to see her in this state, knowing he hadn't been there to help.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Put your brave face on   Put your brave face on Empty

Put your brave face on
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» You should know better than to show your face here
» Known unknown face