Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

A lie can travel half way around the world

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Cordelia

Cordelia

Antal indlæg : 24

A lie can travel half way around the world Empty
IndlægEmne: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTirs Mar 29, 2022 8:54 pm

LOCATION | Riggs & Cordelia's house
DATE | 8th of April 2022
TIME | Midday
WEATHER | Warm and bright. Clear sky
ATTIRE | Cordelia | Daisy
TOPIC FOR | @Cassian

.... while the truth is putting on its shoes

She had sent Riggs off to the marked not that long ago to pick up a few things they were missing for the dinner she was going to make tonight. Still figuring things out and how to be in this reality, learning just how twisted their actual home had been. Cordelia still couldn't quite believe it, and was still very much processing the war that had been going on. So, just sitting and reading by herself, she had found a nice corner of the house and made it her reading space. So, sitting there she could just be for a moment. Just for one moment. Till she heard a knock on the door that was. Cordelia put down her book slowly, pressing her brows together before getting up, then heading towards the front door.

Daisy had been helping on the large and heart breaking search that would lead to the truth of what had happened to Cassian's oldest son. It had been some months now since they had taken on Maggie, discovered these horrible truths, learning that she wasn't the only one of them Maggie actually had taken someone from. But with some help from Vidar, and hours of magical searching. They had at least early on learned that both Cassian's son and Olivia's daughter were alive. They just couldn't find them. But now, new days ago they had discovered another lead. Kept it selfishly to themselves just for this time, this moment because, well Daisy had argued that Cassian deserved to be the first one who saw him. Even if his son didn't know about him, Cassian still deserved to be the first one to see him before anyone else in the family. Just to see how he was at least if anything. Besides this was just a lead, it could be nothing, but it could also be everything. So, Daisy squeezed Cassian's hand a little bit as they waited for the door to open, and the shorter blonde girl stood before them.  "Hello - can I help you?" Cordelia asked with a careful yet warm smile on her lips looking at the couple who had knocked on the door.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Cassian

Cassian

Antal indlæg : 120

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Apr 06, 2022 9:53 am

It wasn’t often that Cassian thought about himself, but these last couple of months, it had been on high time he started thinking of who he wanted to be a part of his life. Saying goodbye to Michelle and saying that this was the last time. It had taken a toll on him, how could it not? Even for all the craziness that she had put him through. All the hardship and pain. He still loved her, but he just didn’t have any more to give her. She would never be satisfied with what he offered, which meant he now stopped offering anything. Then there was the whole thing about her stealing all of the company’s money, some part of him hoped she would never come back, because she wasn’t a woman that he would ever want to be a part of his life.
Now, his sister wasn’t the only problem that had occurred. Then there was the whole thing about finding out that he didn’t only have one son, but two. Two sons that he had never seen growing up. Hadn’t had an influence on, how they turned out or who they were today. It was hard, and it had taken a lot of afford to even get to a place where he wanted to find him. Or tell Ayah for at that matter, because why hadn’t she told him anything? He understood the fact that she had travelled to another country, but they were magical beings, there would have been a possibility to tell him. Even if she had lost him and hadn’t been able to raise him herself. He had still deserved to know, right?
Standing beside Daisy he looked up at the door as it opened and gave the young woman a small smile. “Hello” he answered back filling his lungs with air, hoping it would be able to give him the courage he needed. She looked so much like her mother, that it almost knocked him back. “My name is Cassian Jones, and I’m here speak with Rowan Lane?” he asked, not knowing if Rowan was still going under that name, then there was the fact if they should call Kieran and Malcolm, as he knew that they were out looking for the very woman that he was looking at right now.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Apr 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Cordelia became aware the second that the couple asked about Rowan, making her press her brows just a bit together. But she took their names in and mentally noted them as they had presented themselves. Now after what they had just escaped months ago, of course she was aware of people wanting to get a hold of them. "He not home, but I can take a message?" She responded still keeping her voice and smile polite, but it was clear to see she was alert about what matter her brother was involved in. Then there was the surname. Jones. She did know one Jones who had helped her and Riggs getting here. "I'm his sister Cordelia Lane - you say Jones, any chance you know Charles Jones?" She wondered rather bluntly. Because she knew that Charles was in the country as well. Daisy narrowed her eyes a little by the mention of Charles, well at least they could use Charles to get a little head on whatever was going on. Cordelia nodded a bit seeing that the name rang a bell. Yet she had no idea why they would come all the way here to talk to them. Maybe it was news from what had happened at the village, more than she already knew - not that it was the full story. "He will be back soon enough, why don't you come in for a cup of tea?" Cordelia suggested and stepped aside to let them in if they wanted to. In the end it wasn't like her and Riggs couldn't defend themselves if it came down to the couple being on the wrong side of things.
Cassian

Cassian

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyFre Apr 08, 2022 9:23 pm

Cassian tried no to look to defeated about the fact that he wasn’t home. Mostly that she would possibly send them away, and he was being honest he wasn’t sure he would gather the courage to do this again. No matter how much Daisy would try to push him out of the door.
He lifted his gaze as she asked if he knew Charles Jones. Now, Charles Jones wasn’t a unique name, neither was the surname Jones. But something about the way she asked, told him that it had to be his brother that she meant. He nodded slowly. “Yes, well, I know of a Charles Jones, he is my brother, or half-brother if you will” he said with a soft welcoming smile. Because when you lived this long, and had practically raised the boy yourself, you didn’t think about the fact that they didn’t share the same mother.
The older warlock nodded “That would be lovely, thank you very much” he said and walked inside, taking off his shoes and then his jacket. Taking in the house that they stood in. It was clear that they hadn’t been in it for very long. It still missed that lived in feeling, besides it was rather spares with furniture and the typical nick knacks, that people typically gathered through a lifetime. Which also told him that they had moved from their earlier home so quickly, that they had only brought the essentials. “You travelled with Charles from America, is that right?” he asked, following with her into the kitchen where she would be brewing them the tea.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyLør Apr 09, 2022 9:53 am

Brother of Charles. She nodded well Charles had told her he had a lot of family here in Athena, which was one of the reasons he had sent them here, there was a lot of people with good ressources. So she let them in and walked towards the kitchen. “We moved back September, but it’s a slow process really. Charles helped us on a ship, we traveled from a very special situation,” she replies back to if they had traveled with Charles or not. They hadn’t but close to. Daisy gave Cassian a small encouraging smile and let her eyes wander around. Vidar had managed go get more information about the place where Cordelia and Rowan had been raised in, so at least they knew bits.

Entering the kitchen, Cordelia lifted her heels from the floor to tip toe up so she could reach the mugs placed on the higher shelf. Now usually her and Riggs only used the two mugs, so having guests over which was very unlikely, she had to actually reach for them. And unlike most witches she did process the magical abilities to easily do it, nor was she gonna ask for the help. But either way she got the job done and placed the mugs on the table while the water boiled. Cordelia looked up towards Cassian and Daisy again, her brows pressed a bit together the longer she looked at him because, she was completely spooked by how much he reminded her of Riggs. It was rather scary. “Sorry it was just in the light, you look like him,” she waved her hand a little bit, because well she didn’t know yet why the couple actually were here.

Daisy took a slightly deeper breath in, and nodded a little. Because she still remembered clearly how her emotions had been everywhere when Nigel had called her last year and told her he had found Maya. And how terrified she had been that Maya would just reject her and the rest of the family, luckily things had turned out amazing. “So, you like staying in Oakheart?” Daisy asked, well small talk was perhaps the best way to get the time to pass and hopefully Rowan wouldn’t be too long. Cordelia nodded a little as she poured the water up in the mugs, also making a cup ready for Riggs. ”Yeah it’s nice. Different from our former neighbourhood but only in a good way,” she chucked a little bit.
Cassian

Cassian

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Apr 13, 2022 3:49 pm

It was like someone hit him in his face. He had been there; he had stood maybe ten feet away from his own son and not known it. It gripped him so violently in his stomach and he let out a shaky breath trying to force a smile on his lips, it was a lot to take in but right now his feelings didn’t matter. Having met one son, he hadn’t known anything about, he sadly had some experience in the area. This time was different however, because the son didn’t know about him either.

Stepping into the kitchen he looked around and then turned his eyes towards Cordelia as she stopped in her tracks, it was clear that she saw it and a small smile formed over his lips as he made a small nod. “Do I?” he chuckled giving her a brighter smile “Well, don’t apologize” he said shaking his head “Because if he looks like me, he is handsome, and that’s really not something to be sorry about” well, humor was for him a crouch, so of course he started using it when he was uncomfortable with the situation.
Luckily Daisy stepped in before he started embarrassing himself too much and he let out a small breath of relief as he looked towards her and gave her a small smile as a thanks. “So, you lived in a sort of colony?” he asked trying to get a sense of what that had been going on, since they were still figuring out what this cult was. Even Iris had been having trouble figuring things out, it was like they had some way of erasing themselves on the web as soon as something was posted. Which only had made him more uneasy about the whole thing. Hopefully Charles had managed to make sure that they wouldn’t be too easy to find.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTors Apr 14, 2022 7:47 am

Cordelia chuckled a little, even if the banshee tried to grip to talk about the more direct matters of where her and Riggs had been. There was something about Cassian that just reminded her so badly off Riggs it was almost freaky. But for now she chose to put it aside and just reply to the questions asked, because well they asked and as long as Cordelia didn't feel uncomfortable replying, then she would answer to the questions. "You could call it a colony, I guess we just had our moment of some sort of utopia," she explained with a small shrug. "I lived my whole life there, so to me it was just about what I knew. But Riggs or Rowan has always had my back so, now we got each others, looking back we know it was a messed up place we lived in -" she licked her lips a little bit folding them for a moment as she thought about the next thing she wanted to say. "It's like one day someone just realized it wasn't how it was supposed to be, and people went nuts trying to get out, and then the war happened. Many people lost their lives that day, many people escaped - Charles helped people over to different parts of the world to get away, that's how we ended up here - its also easier for us to blend in here than the mundane world. It's not like we don't have a few tricks up on our sleeves to defend ourselves it anything would happen," she pointed out to assure in some way that they were doing fine. They would do fine. Daisy found it a mix of good and bad having Cordelia being so honest about what had happened at that place, it was like she just trusted them, but they also knew the story she told, they had found just that. But hearing it was way more different than hearing someone tell about it.
Riggs

Riggs

Antal indlæg : 22

IndlægEmne: Riggs #9d9b25   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyFre Apr 15, 2022 8:39 am

Cassian nodded slowly along with Cordelia’s tale about what had gone down overseas. It was overwhelming to hear that someone out there was doing this, making it seem like they were placed in utopia, as she so nicely put it, and then to find out that it was anything but. It scared him, and he was afraid to find out who the real people that was behind this was.
Well, it’s good that you got out” he said with a small smile, then he heard how the door opened and someone stepped inside “They didn’t have the milk you wanted, but I got something else instead!” Riggs yelled as he threw his keys unto the small bowl standing on a small cabinet in the hallway and then walked into the kitchen, he looked up and widened his eyes as he saw the two people that was standing in there. “Oh, sorry, didn’t know we were expecting guest, I would have bought more cake if I did” he laughed showing that he had brought something from a bakery, then he walked over and gave Cordelia a sideways hug and put the things he had bought away.  
There, sorry my manners” he walked over to Daisy first and reached out his hand “Riggs” he presented himself and then walked over towards Cassian, but now that he finally took them in he stopped in his movement and blinked a couple of times. “So, who are these people?” he asked, and looked towards Cordelia. “Family” Cassian cleared his throat and saw how Riggs looked back at him and then laughed “yeah that’s cool, where did you figure that out?” Cassian let out a small breath “My name is Cassian Jones - and you are my son” he said rather matter-of-factly. “What?” Riggs pressed his brows together and laughed again “Good one old man, but I -“ Cassian took his hand and let his magic glide through Riggs and Riggs widened his eyes and looked at him as he understood that he was. Ripping his hand away he took in a sharp breath “explain” he demanded as he stepped and somewhat shielded Cordelia from the strangers. “You were taken from your birth mother when you were only days old, I have the papers with me to prove it - and” he nodded towards Cordelia “the same happened to Cordelia, your mother, she was Olivia Jones, my cousin” he folded his lips waiting for the news to sink in, but slowly took out the papers and handed it towards them so they could read through the statement that he had just made. Riggs were quick to snap the papers and started reading.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyFre Apr 15, 2022 7:38 pm

The second the door opened Cordelia became aware of the fact that she had forgotten to text Riggs about the guests. And was about to yell hello as he entered the kitchen and saw they had guests. Luckily she wasn't too worried about it. Daisy blinked a little for a moment, it was just when she had seen Maya the first time, just knowing by appearance she was family - you could see just how much Rowan and Cassian looked alike and just the way they carried themselves. "It's alright," she assured with a light chuckle. She held her hand out and gave him a firm shake when presenting himself, "Daisy," she presented herself and took a deeper breath in, not really moving her eyes away from him and Cassian about to greet. It was a mouthful she knew that. But it seemed like Riggs for a moment got suspicious. Cordelia was about to just say they knew Charles, but then Cassian said family, which even made her frown. Then blinking a bit more once again as Cassian said he was Riggs father. Cordelia crossed her arms a little bit, and Daisy more or less held her breath not knowing how it would go from there.

The second that Cassian then took Riggs hand, Cordelia took a small step out, mostly because when you had been through what they had - who would blame her for being a little protective? But as it didn't look like anyone was getting hurt she took a little more easily, just keeping her eyes a little stern at the both of them, as Riggs ripped his hand away again. "What?" Was the only thing she could say, not understanding so she looked towards Riggs. Staying behind Riggs, but placed her hand over his so she could read the papers as well. Daisy looked towards Cassian and exhaled a bit, so far so good.
Riggs

Riggs

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Apr 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Riggs steadied himself. Filling his lungs with air as he looked down at the papers that had been handed to him. Of course, he had a lot of questions; who wouldn’t? When there was suddenly someone telling you that they were your father? That the woman that he had come to love as a sister was, in fact, family, even if it was a cousin rather than a sibling.
He let his tongue glide over his lips, feeling how his chest rose and sank as he tried to steady himself. How did you react? How could you ever come to, really, understand any of this? He still had problems figuring things out after they had to run from the small village that he had been raised in, and after he had been out and about, he had come back too to help with the new children that the organisation had taken in.
His fingers flipped the papers as his eyes scanned to the bottom of the page. The more he read, the less he understood. It was like his mind was at war with itself, mostly because he had been a part of this for so long, seeing the people that had raised him as his parents. Only to find out that they were, in fact, someone that had done it only to create some sort of perfect supernatural.
So, what you’re telling me is that you’re my father?” Riggs looked up, and Cassian made a slight nod. “And my mother?” he asked nervously, licking his lips. “Her name is Ayah Minerva; she is an air fairy from wonderland” Cassian narrowed his eyes gently, understanding why this was a big thing to process. “And Cordelia?” Cassian licked his teeth, pulling his lips inward before letting out a small sigh. “Someone stole her newly born child while she was sleeping in the hospital; when the police came, no one knew what had happened, but as the papers also explain is that you were specifically targeted because of the blood that runs in your veins” – “and because we were easy targets” – “I didn’t” – “You didn’t have too” Riggs cut him off, feeling agitated. With a small sigh, he walked over and sat down by the small dining table in the kitchen. His hand found his forehead as he started rereading the information, hoping that maybe it would make more sense this time. But if he was being honest, it only made it worse. His entire life; was a lie.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Apr 20, 2022 5:27 pm

Cordelia understood close to nothing, and it was like all the words on the paper just turned to a living ant farm before her eyes in frustration over not understanding what it was. So, she stopped trying and just stared at the pages as Riggs went through them. Her eyes moved towards Riggs sensing the frustration building up on him, making her lean her head a little against his shoulder for the sense of comforting her just a second or so. Then he spoke. Daisy took a sharper breath in, knowing she didn't really have anything to say in this matter other than being there for the support of it, and some insight at least in the situation. And Cordelia? Cordelia turned her eyes towards Riggs again, then looking at Cassian, Riggs' apparently father. "The blood that runs in our veins," Cordelia mumbled a little bit feeling uneasy from just the thoughts about this. Now it was only in the village and thereby only Riggs who knew just what was in her veins if one was being literally and that was pure light - making getting hurt a nightmare. But it also just made her confusion and frustration of the unknown come to show on how all the lamps in the room got brighter, and the times that hadn't been turned on before, were for sure now.

Exhaling a little bit and the lights dimed down again a little bit as she looked over at Riggs that sat down to read things over again. But she just stood there, because she had also realized the was in the former sentence. "But she is dead," she said mostly in a hope for Cassian being able to correct her. The people who had raised them had died in the war, so Riggs got to find his birth parents alive and well - and her, not the same story. The lights started to act a bit up again, making a few of the lightbulb explode in the kitchen and the living room, Cordelia just looked at them and blinked a little bit. Well, she wasn't new in her powers doing that when she got either excited or frustrated over something it was at least better her light powers acted out than her others. Because the magnetic energy was more tricky. "Sorry - " she apologized and ran a hand through her hair and exhaled once again.
Riggs

Riggs

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptySøn Apr 24, 2022 6:23 am

Cassian noticed how the light in the room started acting up and theorised that one of the kids was doing it. Turning his head towards them again, he gave them an understanding smile. It had to be overwhelming, and with everything that they had already been through, he didn’t envy them or how much pressure was on their shoulders. Being part of legacy families wasn’t easy, and many would crack under the pressure. He couldn’t think of any of the members of his family that had gone through life without having at least one crisis. But of course, you had a lot of years where you could crack and become partly insane and more than enough time to try to put back the pieces that had broken off in the process of just trying to survive the world that they were living in.

The older warlock looked toward the human girl when she asked if Olivia was dead; a sad smile formed over his lips. “As far as I know”, he said, not wanting to give her false hope, but in this world they were living in, death wasn’t absolute, and he had seen more times than one that people came back.
Riggs placed a comforting hand on Cordelia’s shoulder as her powers started acting up. He lightly shook his head because she apologised. “breath”, he mumbled and squatted down in front of her taking her hand in his. “Just for the slow participants in the back”, Riggs mumbled and looked towards the man that had just told him that he was his father. “You’re my father” Cassian nodded. “Right, and my family bloodline is old and very powerful?” Cassian licked his lips. “Well, your grandfather should have turned to dust a few times over, but he’s still kicking as if he was forty – which just explains why there is such a long line of children of his”, he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. “great, so just how many family members are there?” Cassian licked his lips “to many, and sadly I didn’t bring my PowerPoint presentation” now that comment got the younger fairy to laugh “right”, he turned his eyes back towards Cordelia “it’s going to be okay, we’ll figure it out, okay?” he whispered to her and gave her hand he took a soft squeeze.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyMan Apr 25, 2022 5:41 am

She took a sharper breath in trying to let go of the weights that had otherwise dropped themselves on her shoulders, and she gave back Riggs hand a little squeeze, then listened again. The same confirmation over and over, but perhaps it was needed to make sure there wasn't cracks in the story and that it didn't change even if it was hard to swallow. Then again she couldn't imagine being on the other end either, having your children taken from you and having to find them with the stories that her and Riggs had to tell. It had to be somehow harder, not that she wanted to compare. Rigg's small laugh pushed Cordelia out of her train of thoughts and she exhaled again, "yeah," she mumbled a little bit giving his hand a squeeze back, still feeling a little disorientated from all the information that was in the room. "And what is your role in all of this, wife, girlfriend, emotional support?" Cordelia asked Daisy who stood by Cassian's side, but didn't really say much. Daisy clicked her tongue a little and looked shortly over at Cassian, "a little bit of everything actually, right now I think I serve as the best emotional support in town, wouldn't you reckon?" She placed a hand on Cassian's shoulder with a small chuckle, before turning her eyes back to Riggs and Cordelia. Cordelia nodded a little bit, but didn't say much further, her thoughts needed to process before it could even convert into questions.
Cassian

Cassian

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyMan Apr 25, 2022 9:59 am

Cassian looked toward Daisy as she told them that he was a little bit of everything. He nodded, even though they didn’t have a marriage license between them or had said yes in the sense that it had happened in front of a priest. A much stronger bond had been made, something that could never be changed and was something that would be there for life. The very definition until death do us part.
I would say so”, he gave Daisy a soft smile before turning towards Cordelia. “your grandfather and uncle are actually out there looking for you”, he said with a small smile “we split up so we could cover more ground, even if we had excellent intel you’ve been hiding rather well” he looked towards Riggs that made a small smile. “Guessing that was your doing?” he nodded. “I didn’t want them finding us again, which sadly they are really good at”, he mumbled, still afraid that someone would knock on the door and drag them back to a new compound, but this time it wouldn’t be under the same circumstances. This was also why he needed to talk with Cordelia about the fact that she had just let someone in without being there. He didn’t even want his thoughts to travel to what he would have done if she had been gone while he was out picking up a few things. But it was hard not to when it was a constant fear every time he left her alone.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTors Apr 28, 2022 4:58 am

She folded her lips a little bit together, when told her grandfather and uncle were looking for her, not really know how to feel about all of it. Then looking over at Riggs, regarding the fact that they had been hiding very well. Now, Cordelia didn't have magic like Riggs, so as far as hiding them with magical means and life experiences, Riggs were far richer than that. The most she could do was blinding people for long enough to get away, or well a worse outcome, but she tried not to use her power in too aggressive matter. "Yeah, Riggs is the only one of us who actually have like real life," she made a few movements with her hands, cracking a light smile on her lips, even if it was a very serious conversation about not wanting to be found, "magic and all." Even if she could easily fool a few to think her powers were inflicted by magic, they weren't. Daisy pressed her brows a little bit together, it wasn't often she heard about warlocks or witches without magic, yet due her own energy manipulation there was no question to fact that the young witch carried a lot of heavy energy she then theorized was channeled another way.

Cordelia couldn't quite figure out whether she wanted to meet the other family or not, it was all a lot to get thrown over your shoulders under an hour. And yet, her heart was curious and she wanted to know more. But how did you travel to a place in your mind where you escaped the past life they had been in before getting here? Adjusting without just feeling like it could be yet another trap, another level of madness that they yet had to realize wasn't reality as well? "Would you like to meet your grandfather and uncle, because we can call them - or we can settle another meeting if its getting a bit much, which we understand," Daisy then asked with a warmer smile looking at both Riggs and Cordelia. Cordelia looked towards Riggs, because honestly she didn't know what she wanted right now, and hoped he just for a second had all the answers.
Riggs

Riggs

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyMan Maj 02, 2022 2:45 pm

Yeah, yeah, I have told you that it’s just a matter of practice, then everything can be seen as magic”, Riggs mumbled and then looked towards Cassian, that clearly found it very interesting that it sounded like he didn’t just have the ability to use air magic. But that was a question for another time and not something that was prudent right now.
Then they were asked if they wanted to meet more family; Riggs licked his lips; he looked down at his sister as it was clear she had no idea what to answer. It was somewhat overwhelming, so it didn’t take him by surprise that Cordelia seemed to have lost her words. “I think that today we would just like to take this in, and then when we are ready, we can meet up again; it’s a lot to take in” Cassian nodded, understanding; I took out a photo album and his card and placed it on the table. “Here is my card with my phone number, and this is an album filled with pictures and names just, so you can find out whom you are actually related to,” he said with a soft smile, then turned his head toward Daisy and reached out his hand, “I think we have been overstaying our welcome” Riggs got up and offered to show them out, smiling at Cordelia before walking towards the front door and said his goodbyes. What a bloody day.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTirs Maj 03, 2022 7:02 am

Cordelia exhaled clearly happy about the answer to waiting another day with meeting an entire gang, and then they could actually do their own research on the matter, because well, this had been catching her a bit off guard. Which was mostly her own fault for letting them inside the house in the first place - and she knew she would be hearing for that within the next couple of minutes, even though she knew. Cordelia knew she needed to be careful, it had just been the energy that had made her trust well, both Cassian and Daisy in a strange manner she couldn't place. Then she moved her eyes towards the photo album and the card, moving her eyes back to Cassian giving him a small appreciated nod.  Then watching Riggs following them to the door, she sat down for a second waiting for him to return, "I know - you don't have to say it. I shouldn't have let them in, and I'm sorry about that --  what a mess," she looked towards the items on the table shortly before looking towards Riggs again. "You okay?"

Daisy exhaled a little bit, then taking Cassian's hand. Well they had now gotten so far, it was even further than they perhaps had hoped to. And now the cards were out and it was up to both Riggs as well as Cordelia to figure out just how much they wanted to get to know of the family and if they actually wanted to. The hardest part was the next one, waiting for them to figure out what they wanted, she remembered the dread as Maya had figured out how much time she had wanted to spent with her - she was just lucky that Maya had chosen to be such a big part of the family as she was now. Because it could have gone either way. Then saying their goodbyes, Daisy turned to Cassian,  giving his hand a soft squeeze. "So far so good, how are you feeling?" She asked walking down the streets, looking shortly back at the house. It was after all a rather rough experience.
Cassian

Cassian

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTirs Maj 03, 2022 11:08 am

Riggs came back into the kitchen and gave Cordelia a small smile. He raised his hands to his defence and then walked towards the kettle to put it over to get some tea. “I’m not going to say anything –“ he then nodded slowly when she asked if he was okay, breathing out a little. “You know what, even though it should, it doesn’t come as a surprise, you know?” he said, looking over his shoulder towards her giving her a small smile before letting his head fall back to the task at hand. “Because if you look at the things that happened before Charles got us out, it indicates that we were used in some kind of experiment, and I had heard about children being taken away from their mothers, but when it comes down to it, you never believe that it could be you” he shrugged and let his tongue glide over his lips before letting out a sigh. “What kind of tea would you like?” he asked, almost as if the whole experience that had happened was nothing more than to be expected. Which it shouldn’t have been, but right now, it was easier for him to just think about it like that.

Cassian shrugged as he was asked how he was feeling. “Honestly? Pretty shitty, but what is done is done, and you can’t really change the past –“ he stopped that sentence and let out a short chuckle “, or you could, but everyone with a small brain cell would know that would be a foolish and stupid thing to do” even though he wished he could have spent time with his children from when they had been born to know, there wasn’t anything that could really change that, other than being there now. For someone that had been so scared of becoming his father, fate had played an almost cruel joke on him—letting him be just that, an absent father.
Daisy

Daisy

Humør : Dying Is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well.
Antal indlæg : 136

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyTirs Maj 03, 2022 5:10 pm

He was right. In some ways, she wasn't surprised, yet she still was. It made it turn in her stomach knowing that they had just been used as subjects in some crazy experiment, that the people who had brought her up hadn't cared at all, all just cast to play the role. "I know, yet I still feel like we are walking around in some crazy dream waiting to be woken up," she replied and let out a small sigh. "Do we have more of that peppermint one we got from the marked few days ago?" Cordelia wondered, knowing it always calmed her nerves whenever she felt upset. She closed her eyes for a second, then reaching out for the album, letting her fingers trace over it, as if she thought about if she should open or not. Then her fingers grabbed around it and made her open it, letting her eyes wonder over the first set of pictures, biting her inner cheek a little bit.

Daisy moved her eyes towards him, listening to Cassian expressing how he was feeling about all of this, even though she knew. It had taken a lot to even get here, to this part. One thing was finding Sebastian, knowing you had missed the twenties and first years. But Riggs were far older than that, and it had to feel like a hundred slaps across the face not to have been a part of a single year. "Yeah I know," she exhaled a little, how tempted it however was. Both Tidus and Elroy being able to make portals that could take you back in time, it was a temptation she often had thought about the outcome off, what if she had warned herself or stopped Maggie before she had gotten her hands on Maya back then? But she also knew it would mean giving up on the things she did have now, and she wasn't really willing to do so. "I know you already know this - but I need to say it," she took a sharper breath in and then stopped. "I will never let our children ever get taken away from us, raised like that. Not as long as I have a say in it," Daisy kept her eyes on Cassian and exhaled, "and I would never not tell you or hide that or anything else from you. That is my promise to you, okay?" She gave his hand a little squeeze while letting her lips pull up in a small smile.
Cassian

Cassian

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 6:03 am

Yeah, I think so; let me just take a look”, he said as he walked towards the cabinet where they had been storing the different kinds of tea that they had bought since coming here. One should never go down on tea. “Yep, we have a couple of them left”, he said and looked over his shoulder to see that she had opened the photo album. “How are you doing?” he asked her the same question that she had asked him; she had the worst of it, he thought, as she had just gotten to know that the person who had brought her into this world no longer existed to get to know who she was. He couldn’t even begin to comprehend how that might feel. If it had been the other way around, he might not have taken it as nicely as Cordelia was.

He looked toward her and gave her a small smile. Now it warmed his heart that she said things like that, but it was still a mental thing he needed to get over, their children. Even though he liked the sound of that, with everything that had happened lately, he was still having a hard time settling with the thought of being a father again. Because that brought back the anxiety that he had gone through since he had been old enough to understand what getting children meant.
Let’s just get through this before we talk about the prospects of that”, he said with a half-smile and squeezed her hand back. He would like to get through this before pulling up dark roots that evolved around the trauma that came with getting a person pregnant. Because even though he hadn’t known about Sebastian or Rowan. He had once been expecting with a woman that had lost it, which ended up with her blaming him because he had never wanted it. But right now, he just needed to get through this.
Daisy

Daisy

Humør : Dying Is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well.
Antal indlæg : 136

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 6:20 am

How was she even doing? She didn't know. Her mind hadn't gotten around it yet, perhaps it was that. Cordelia didn't even know how to feel about it. Maybe it was just what she did, it became to much and she shut it down. At least for a moment, well last time before they had escaped she had almost taken down the entire fraction they had been staying at - just because she had been overwhelmed. She looked up at him, noticing how the display of her powers combining was perhaps enough show that she was overwhelmed, the northen lights colors that shaped around her because of the solar and magnetic energies within her combusting. "Not great, but what else is to be expected, at least the house is still standing," she mumbled a little with a small shrug.

"Yeah," she nodded, and moved her eyes towards the end of the road. Because it was a mess, and she understood, perhaps more than sometimes got puzzled into the mind of others. Because she had lost Maya, almost lost Katelyn, and after she had gotten Katelyn, she more or less had sworn she wouldn't go through that again, that she was it and she hadn't needed more than just Katelyn in her life. So, to that point she understood what a rail of walls that was collapsing around him now, even if it wasn't the same situation. "So, what do you want to do, go home and hide away from the world or?" Daisy then asked looking back at Cassian, "go to the mountains and scream of the top of your longs and curse at the world for a couple of minutes - its highly recommended in times of crisis." Daisy licked her lips a little bit, "maybe a mix of both?"
Riggs

Riggs

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 6:34 am

Hey, don’t frown upon the small things here in life; that the house is still standing is a great success!” he tried to lighten the mood and gave her a bright smile, even though he understood that neither of them had been expecting someone to knock on their doors and be holding their past, present and future. No matter how they decided to tackle this, it would still have an impact on how they would go on from here.
He finished making the tea, walked over, and put a cup in front of her. “Want something sweet? I still have the baked goods from the bakery?” he asked with a much softer tone of voice, looking at her with worried eyes. Even if he knew that she could handle herself, it was hard not to put that protective big brother role on his shoulders, especially when he could see just how she was struggling.

He couldn’t help the small chuckle that left him as she asked what he wanted to do. He shrugged, feeling a little – empty might be the best word he could describe him with right now. “I just think I want to go home, and sit down in front of the tv, shut off my brain for a couple of hours or something like that”, he explained, not really feeling like his usual self right now. But what was to be expected with everything that had been going on for the last couple of months.  
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 6:52 am

She chuckled a little bit when he tried turning it into something positive, which she always loved so much about him. Being able to shift her mindset whenever it tried to drag her somewhere that wasn't so bright. Then he mentioned something sweet making her look up from the pictures and towards him with her eyes slightly narrowed, intrigued by what he had bought. "Depends on what you got," Cordelia chuckled a little bit, knowing very well she had a sweet tooth about just anything. The light around her seemed to dim down a little bit for now at least, but she knew it was just a matter of time before she would need to unlash the energy on something if it wasn't' to burn her form the inside out.

Daisy nodded again, really just letting him take one step at the time with all of it, and if what he wanted to was go home, and just shut his brain off starring into the tv - that was what they were going to do, simple as that. "That's what we do then," not that she needed to be right beside him all the time, it was hard not to be at least nearby. And she had been able to work from home and do it on her own paste really since it was her project. "Want the company?" She asked, because well if he wanted to just sit in silence by himself it was fine, but she didn't mind sitting in silence with him, but even if it was just by himself he wanted to sit, it didn't mean she wasn't around the house, being present in one or the other way, but this was how she typically had asked him since they had found out.
Riggs

Riggs

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 8:49 am

Well”, he walked over and looked inside the bag. “I have two eclairs,” he said and looked over his shoulder while wiggling his brows. Before she could answer, he pulled down two plates and put one on each. He took two forks and then walked over and sat down after placing one plate in front of her. With a small sigh, he started eating before taking a sip of his royal blue tea. Maybe he was a snob when it came to tea, but who could blame him? He had never understood that obsession that there was around coffee; of course, he could drink if there was nothing else to offer because sometimes you wanted something warm. “I was thinking,” he said after chewing the bite he had just put in his mouth. “You should get out of the house, get some friends to get back into the world without being afraid to look over your shoulder all the time”, he said with a soft smile as he looked at her; besides, she needed someone that could help with her powers. “So I was thinking that we should take a look at the Athena Academy after we figure out what to do with all of this” he nodded towards the photo album that she had opened to look at.

He looked toward her and gave her a small smile. He gave her hand another squeeze before he nodded. “I would love some company”, he whispered before turning his gaze in front of him again. One step at a time, he remembered himself, one step at a time.
Cordelia

Cordelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world EmptyOns Maj 04, 2022 6:27 pm

"Perfect," she exhaled looking at him walking over to make it ready for them, placing the plate in front of her. Cordelia started to eat, almost with her mouthful from the bite she had taken, she looked up towards him once he said he had been thinking, "now that sounds dangerous," she teased a little chewing off, and licked her lips a little bit. Then however listening, raising a brow by the mention of her needing to get out more, get friends and all. Followed by that he mentioned Athena Academy. "The academy, isn't that just like high school all over again, but put into some insane supernatural world taking plain out a fantasy novel?" She was suspicious, who could blame her? "Okay I'm judging again, sorry - it just sounds a little bit too good to be true doesn't it?" Perhaps she was just that, a rather judgmental person. Always following her gut feeling. "I will think about, okay? I will think about it, once this is settled. I promise I will give it a thought with an even more open mind." Then she took another bite and then finished chewing pointing at him with her fork, "but I don't do cheerleading again, I have moved on from that dark part of my life - too much - that was too much," she then broke the short moment of silence with a laugh. Because, it had been her mother's dream to have Cordelia do it, so well then Cordelia had of course done it. But she had hated it. At least her and Riggs had gotten some good laughs out of it.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: A lie can travel half way around the world   A lie can travel half way around the world Empty

A lie can travel half way around the world
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» Half of me; for growth - the other, for decay [Lyle]
» Shut the fuck up. Time travel? - Mariella
» Mad World
» The world of VR

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Oakheart :: Boligområdet-