Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Did you follow your fire?

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.
Antal indlæg : 117

Did you follow your fire? Empty
IndlægEmne: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptySøn Jun 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Dedicated to  @Clay

DATE | Start June
TIME | Midday
WEATHER | Sun and warm
ATTIRE | Outfit + doctors coat

What a hell of a start it had been starting at Aston hospital. It was like they were in one of those drama tv shows, were there couldn’t be just one day without some kind of drama. At least Nia had steered clear as best as she could ever, she had lost Clay’s sister. She had even met Ethan again, poor thing seemed like he was losing the will of even getting up in the morning. And for what she could understand it had been quite a year for him as well. Cecilia with her ever-upcoming problems, that woman had to be a magnate for bad things. Then there had been Maeve being kidnapped and, she had seen the rapports and it was a nasty one that. No, the months hadn’t been kind to Tiny, and she wished that she could do something for him to make everything seem a little easier. But it was like he had retracted so much into himself that no one really could reach in and get him out of it again.

It also made her own problems seem small, which had been why she hadn’t sought Sebastian King and talked about the things that had happened. How could she? Where should she start, maybe about how much she had been lying after coming back to Gaia. The only one knowing of her transformation, Clay, as her mind drifted towards him again, she unconsciously bit down her lip. Funny how easy it had been for her to remember that crush she had had back in med-school. Grinning like a stupid schoolgirl as she had seen him on the halls quickly turning around and walked the other way.
Nia there you are!” her fathers voice got her out of her small little imaginary world, and she turned around watching how her father came walking towards her. Being the president’s daughter didn’t bring a lot of perks as one should think. Mostly people were just afraid of you or thought you got everything handed to you without working for it. To be fair, her father made her work for everything. Sometimes she would rather have Ash on her ass than reporting to her father.
President Lewis” she said with a strained smile, him coming up like that only meant one thing. He wanted something from her “No need for the formalities Nia” – “Doctor Lewis” she whispered under her breath, trying to correct him and looked at the taller elderly male smiling towards her. “So tonight, your mother and I found the perfect man to set you up with” she almost choked on her own saliva, it had been years since they had last tried to fix her up with some one “Dad, you promised!” she hissed, but her small outbreak just seemed to amuse him. “Now, now Nia, don’t say no before you have heard about him, he is just the right man for you, or so your mother says!” then words formed on her tongue and spilled over her lips before she had the change to stop them “Sorry Dad, but I already have a boyfriend, so it would be highly inappropriate to go to some dinner to be fixed up, don’t you think?” she said with a forced smile, everything was panicking in her. She didn’t have a boyfriend, and she knew that her father and mother wouldn’t just let her run around having a boyfriend without them meeting him. “You do? Well then, I think its high time we meet the fella, don’t you think? Then he should come to tonight’s dinner instead!” – “Oh I, yes, yes of course he should, it’s just” she wanted to be swallowed by the earth. Why, why had she lied.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.
Antal indlæg : 151

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptySøn Jun 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Today had been rushed, he had been here before the sun even had went up till around now and only coffee was his source of survival. He had just finished a surgery, walking out to the front to hand over some files to one of the nurses. Clay spotted Nia talking to some elder guy, which made him frown, most likely because he could read her body language enough to know she wasn't that comfortable. Clay was handed a new set of files for another patient, and took his eyes from Nia for a second while looking through the papers, but he couldn't help but listen to the conversation. Your mother and I found the perfect man to set you up with, Clayton blinked a little completely surprised by the sentence spoken from Nia's own father. Had he been sleeping under a rock or something, not realizing it was 2021? Clay handed the files back to the nurse and had himself excused for a second, he wasn't going to say anything, or at least so he thought. But I already have a boyfriend, Clay frowned a bit. Last time he had checked, she had made remarks on living her love life through Cecilia. He stopped up for a second, seeing she was getting herself way out too deep. Oh I, yes, yes of course he should, it’s just, the seconds felt like long hours, before he walked up next to her with a big smile on his face. "Just finishing up surgery, President Lewis, lovely to meet you. Doctor Reyes," he held his hand out to greet Nia's father with a firm grib. "I'm Nia's boyfriend," he introduced himself, giving Nia a safe landing for now. Clayton was known, known for his work in Brisbane, he had even won an award for some of his research - not to mention if you went to the supernatural stuff, he was an expert in treating supernatural cases - he had even been teaching Cecilia and Nia whenever they had time, in case they needed a few follow ups with some of the different creatures. They didn't teach about the supernatural beings in med-school, and luckily Clay had picked up on it quickly and made his own study.
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptyFre Jun 25, 2021 1:05 pm

The stare that her father gave was enough to make her wish that she wasn’t standing there right in front of him right now. But she had no luck in this just being a very bad dream.
Just as she was about to go to confession about her lying, and of course she would see them tonight and being introduced to this man. She felt the presents of another settling beside her, but before she could look at him his voice told her that Clay had come to her rescue. Just finished up a surgery? Wait was he doing, what she thought he was doing?
As the words, I’m Nia’s boyfriend left his lips her eyebrows shot up and she looked at him with a baffled look. Why was he doing this?

She wasn’t about to go to look that gift horse in the mouth. “Yes?” she looked at Clay and then to her father “Yes! this is my boyfriend” she said with a big smile and put her arms around the arm closets to her. This was how people did it, right? When they wanted to show affection, they would snuggle in close so people could see that the liked each other. But how was she supposed to know since she had never been romantically involved with anyone.
It’s a pleasure to meet you Doctor Reyes!” Madoc said with a big smile, clearly already knowing he was dealing with “I’m so glad we could convince you to come back to Gaia, you are a real addition to the team” her father then looked towards her and gave her a big smile “Then I hope I see both of you to dinner this evening and I’ll make sure to call and get your mother to cancel that other meeting” Nia nodded but it was clear that she was holding in a breath and tension in her shoulders as her father walked away. Only to disappear when he was out of side.
Thank you” she whispered breating out and looked up at him “I owe you one” she said with a small smile and closed her eyes, what a headache. Especially when she realized what that meant “Now you have to come and play my boyfriend tonight, you know that, right?
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptySøn Jul 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Clay smiled a bit brighter as she put her arms around his arm, and he lifted his hand up over it for a short moment. The handshake and more formal gesture regarding her parents was natural to him, he was used to dealing with people from higher classes. You had to talk to the big guys to get the things through the system that Clay had set up by now. Clayton smiled at Madoc by the comment of getting him back to Gaia. "Thank you, yeah, can't say I've missed the weather here," he joked still with a polite smile on his lips. Clay was careful of his choice of words, and how his body language appealed. The mention of the dinner didn't seem to bother the hybrid at all and he nodded to confirm that he was alright with it. "Yeah sure, I would love to," he smiled as Nia's father then went away again, and Clay turned his attention to the tensed up Nia. The thank you made him chuckle a bit, before he shook his head. "No worries," he mouthed with a smile, "no biggie," he waved a bit with his hand and finally let go of her. Clay didn't see it as in her owing him anything. "I know, and who knows, it could be fun. I never say no to free food," he pointed out before laughing a bit by his own words. "It's alright Nia, we can't have your father ship you off to France the next time he wants to find you a suitor? I mean - who else would I discuss with between breaks? Not Ce or Ash, they are rocks, discussing with them, is like discussing with a brick wall - you get nothing." He chuckled a bit, knowing somewhere that he wasn't any better, not by a long shot.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptyFre Jul 16, 2021 11:02 am

No biggie he says” Nia breathed and shook her head with a flabbergasted smile on her lips. Her eyes followed down the long hall they were standing in, how the hospital life had gone back to its normal ways. Doctors and nurses walking around, people coming and going from their loved ones they had visited. Its alright Nia.
She turned her attention back to Clay as he kept on talking about her father shipping her off to France. She would laugh, it wasn’t for the fact that he would actually do it. But the next bit actually caused a laugh to roll of her tongue. Ce and Ash being rocks? Had he heard himself sometimes, it was actually funny just how much the budded heads in them all wanting to be right in their own way. No one was going to come and tell them who was right, as they all three was hard-set in the ways of them having the best solution. Cecilia actually being the one that always found a solution that both Clay and Ash could agree on.

Well, can’t leave you all alone now, can I?” she said with a teasing smile, and pushed herself up on her toes, now that Clay and she were ‘dating’, she better make the rest of the staff believe it or her father would find out. She placed a quick kiss on his cheek “This is going to kill me” she said with a slow voice and could already feel how her cheeks were on fire with such a small interaction. “I’ll pick you up around six, don’t be late” she said and blinked to him before she turned around and walked towards her next patient for the day.

She was sitting in her 911 Turbo Cabriolet Porsche, as her father had told her so many times as he had handed her the keys, going on about the motor and how good it was. She always took the public transport to the hospital, or carpooled. Mostly because she hated flashing off how rich she was, but when going to her parents she always drove in it. Otherwise, her father would start with the whole speech about her not being grateful. Which she wasn’t, to be fair. She didn’t want all of the gifts they were giving her; they had even tried to convince her to move to Midnight Street where they lived themselves. She had taken down the roof and made a disheartened smile as Clay walked towards her. “Get in stranger, I hope you’re ready for the third degree” she had actually been thinking about them using the ride to her parents to talk about just how their relationship had started.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptyOns Jul 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Oh, yeah, it was something he had gotten himself into. Clay had yet to even mention the fact that he was working closely with the doctor responsible for the fact that Clay's sister hadn't made it. It was even harder when you were in the medical path yourself, to know when and what could maybe have been done different. But it didn't change what had already happened. Clay had moved to a fine house in the middle of the city, it was easy to get to work from there. One of the perks when people tired to buy you back to Gaia, he knew how to make a good deal out of it. Clay took a deeper breath in had cleaned up quite nicely in one of his better suits. Maybe he didn't come from an overall rich family, but he had become rich over the years with his ressource and made quite the fame back in Brisbane. One of the reasons he was back here.

Around six he was ready, standing outside watching as she drove towards him. Clay blinked a little bit, it was quite the car. The hybrid laughed a little bit as he walked down the driveway to get to her. "Oh, I was born ready baby," he chuckled with a teethy smile, as he got in the car, ready to drive into the mess he had made for himself. As they started to drive he looked to her. "So, story time - so we met in med school, fell madly in love with each other, but didn't tell and before I could tell you, I moved away," which was more less his truthful version of the event, but he liked playing it close to reality - made it less of a lie. "When I returned, and saw you the first time, I asked if you wanted to go grab coffee sometime to catch up. And right there, I knew that I wasn't over the feelings that had merged back then." He looked at her first turning his face to the road as he had finished his sentence. "How you think about that? If they ask."
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptyTors Jul 22, 2021 5:40 pm

Har, har” she said with a slight despairing voice, at least he thought this was funny, she had contemplated multiple times on the way that she could just drive off a cliff. But alas, there wasn’t a lot of cliffs nearby that she could drive over. But his teasing manner still got a small smile to appear on her lips. She looked in the mirror and drove into the street and towards her parents’ house. If it hadn’t been for Clay taken the lead in the story, she would have shut down and forgot to even talk about how they were doing this.

As he continued the story, she was happy how much was sort of real. Besides what had happened after he had come back to Aston. About how he had invited her for coffee, instead she hadn’t been able to safe his sister, and he had pulled a very angry demon off her. She felt a slight blush creep up in her cheeks, as she almost wished it had been true. It sounded so much like how she always had wished it had turned out with any of the guys she had had a secret crush on. The fairy tale. The special moment when you looked across the room and there they were. When they kissed you, it was like magic, food popping up because it was so special. How you wanted nothing but to be around them. She wanted that. But why had it been so hard until now?

She pulled herself out of it, as he asked her what she thought about it. “Yeah, that sounds, really good” she mumbled and could have sworn a sour taste formed in her mouth. How she wished this could be true, instead of just pretend. “So, I invited you home for dinner, and we know me being a horrible cook that it went totally wrong, so we ended up with takeout and then it somehow just clicked?” she turned her eyes sideways and took in his profile before she kept them on the road instead. A slight sigh left her, was it so hard to find someone she could love and that would love her, so she had to fake a relationship to keep her parents of her back? Clearly. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have to be here, did she.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? EmptySøn Jul 25, 2021 1:15 pm

He took a sharper breath in. Boy, this was not what he had expected about getting back to Aston, back to Gaia. Meeting up with both Cecilia and Nia, and work together, they had always joked about how fun that would be back then. And now it was true. But just like back then, there was something about Nia he just couldn't get enough of, like no matter how much time you actually spend together, it was never enough. He couldn't help but laugh a little by her following words to the story, it was true they both knew that. He still remembered the look on Cecilia's face back then the three of them had lived together, and Nia had wanted to cook for them, just because why not do something nice. So the story wasn't far from the truth, "brings back memories," he chuckled a bit and looked back at her with a warm smile on his face. At least they did have many stories as well where they didn't have to make anything up. "But yes," he pointed out and clicked his tongue. "Despite everything, I'm glad to help you out with this. Don't for a second think you forced me into anything, alright?"
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Did you follow your fire?   Did you follow your fire? Empty

Did you follow your fire?
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Don't go where I can't follow
» A hard act to follow