Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]

Go down 
3 deltagere
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.
Antal indlæg : 117

Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] Empty
IndlægEmne: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyOns Maj 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Dedicated to @Cecilia xx

DATE | 13th of May
TIME | A little over midnight

Trigger warning, Death, sorrow, guilt

This couldn’t be happening. She had been fine! Three weeks at the hospital and then out of nowhere she had crashed around four o’clock. The nurses had paged her and once again they had to rush Madelaine to the OR, this time Cecilia had scrubbed in. Nothing had indicated that something had been wrong with her heart, but after eight hours of intense surgery she had flatlined. Everyone at the team had took a step back as Nia had overworked herself to try to get her back to life, until Cecilia had grabbed her hands and called it.

Time of death 24.12

Nia looked towards Cecilia in disbelief, she had lost a patient before. But not like this, she had always been so diligent had an almost perfect track record. How, how could a perfectly fine woman like her, that had pulled through having her abdomen pierced suddenly die? She had been sitting laughing with her this morning!
Shaking hands, she finally let go so the nurses could make her ready for the brother to see her. It was almost in a trance that Nia walked into the room between the OR and the hallway. Mask and clothes cover were pulled off and thrown in the trash. She stood in blue colored scrubs while washing her hands, almost vigorously. “I don’t understand, she was fine this morning” Nia blinked a few tears away as she took a deep breath, how the hell was she going to tell her brother that his sister was dead? She had promised them both that a few weeks of rehabilitation and she would be home again. Why, why had she promised that?! It was something you learned a first-year residence! She banged her hands towards the metal sink she was washing her hands by. “Sorry”  she pulled a little away. “Sorry” she whispered again and took in a deep breath looking towards Cecilia “How do I tell him? How do I tell him that I couldn’t save his sister?” she didn’t like to feel this vulnerable and she was also clear on the fact that this was high unprofessional, she shook her head “No right way, I know” she said almost straight after not really giving Cecilia time to answer that, because there would never be a good response for it.

She steeled her nerves and started walking down the hall to the room they had rushed Madelaine out of to the OR. There he stood, she took in a deep breath and squared her shoulders “Mr. Reyes?” she said with a slight tremble in her voice to get his attention. You can do this, Nia, you can tell him that his sister is dead. But no matter how many times she said that sentence over and over again, nothing came out of her mouth.

Sidst rettet af Nia Lewis Søn Jun 13, 2021 8:09 pm, rettet i alt 2 gange
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Cecilia

Cecilia

Humør : Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn.
Antal indlæg : 390

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyOns Maj 26, 2021 10:10 pm

It was already hard enough to work, but people didn't stop needing help just because things in Cecilia's life happened. Things happened all the time, and with Maeve's return. Cecilia still had a chance to check on her while she was at work, till she would be discharged at some point at least. She had been paged to scrub in with Nia, it wasn't a quick routine surgery. This was life or death, she knew that the second she stepped into the OR. Cecilia knew the chances before she even put on her scrubs, but maybe they could beat it. Beat whatever small flash she had about this woman not making it. Unfortunately, whatever had caused this to happen had been unexpected. She had grabbed her friend's hands in the end, after trying to call her name, telling her it was over. She hadn't listened, it was normal under this state of shock to keep trying. But in the end, taking her hands and removing them from the woman had been the only way for her to stop. "Time of death 24.12" She had called it, feeling it heavy in her heart that they weren't able to save the woman.

After getting out of her scrubs, she turned to wash her hands next to Nia. It didn't matter how many times you lost a patient under these circumstances, it was hard, a life sliding through your fingers. Death, even surgeons came so close to being the people who could defeat death, it was not always the case, no matter how they tried. They had done their best. "We did everything we could Nia," Cecilia assured her as she breathed out and got her hands dried. "You promised him, didn't you?" Cecilia then asked slightly breathless. It was the most dangerous thing you could do in this practice. Promise more than you could deliver. Cecilia had learned that the hard way as well, she remembered how much shit Ash had put her though the first time it had happened to her. "I'm not the one you need to apologize to though," she sighed a bit giving Nia an empathic look. No matter how hard it got, they had to do it. People came here because they trusted their loved ones was in the best hands, it was always hard feeling like you broke that trust. "We do it together," she gave Nia a small nod to confirm she would be there with her.

Cecilia followed with Nia out to the waiting hall, to the room where Madelaine had been in, standing next to her friend as she called Mr. Reyes just after having closed the door. The taller guy turned around facing the two doctors, frowning a bit by the shorter one's facial expression, alarming him that perhaps something had gone wrong. "Yes, is Madelaine, okay? Tell me she is alright," he looked at them silent. Cecilia waiting for Nia to say something, but it was like her friend was tongue tied, which she understood. "Mr. Reyes, there were some complications doing Madelaine's surgery. We did everything we could to save her, but she is gone, I’m sorry for your loss,” she informed breathing out with a compassionate look in her eyes. Cecilia could feel it twist and turn in her stomach with discomfort, but right now it wasn't about her. It was about Clayton Reyes who just had lost his sister. It was a tough one, him shaking his head in disbelief. "You promised me," he hissed slightly as tears filled up in his eyes looking at Nia. "She wasn't supposed to die, you said she would be fine. You said... oh my god," he lifted his hands up to his head, grabbing his hair in his fist.
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyOns Maj 26, 2021 11:22 pm

His voice asking if Madelaine was alright, was enough for Nia to crumble on the inside, she just looked at him not really being able to look him in his eyes. Of course, she had promised, three weeks, three weeks after the operation how was she supposed to have foreseen this? But the worst part was, she was their doctor, and you should never do such a thing. It broke her heart as she looked at how he shook his head in disbelief.

You promised me. Time stood still as she watched him; she saw every single expression of his face. She took in the small lines of his face as he pulled back his lips into a hiss. He had every right to be mad and angry at her, because she had indeed assured that Madelaine would be back home, and they shouldn’t worry. That was how it should have been in the perfect world, then Clayton wouldn’t be standing here pulling his hair not understanding that his sister had been fine just eight hours prior.

“Yes” she said with a hoars voice that almost broke as she spoke, but she somehow managed not to let it show to much “I’m very sorry, we did everything we could, but her heart” she took in a deep breath “Her heart couldn’t take the pressure and gave out in the end” she breathed out, she knew nothing she would say right now would make any sense or give any comfort. Her eyes never left him though “I’m so very sorry for your loss” she wanted to tell him that she had made a mistake and she never should have promised. But that wouldn’t help either of them, or so she kept on telling herself. If it wasn’t for the very fact that she was so occupied with how to handle the situation, she would also start to worry about the wrath of Ash when he figured out what she had done. People died all the time, and what she had done in the first place, that she had actually saved Madelaine’s life to begin with had been nothing short of a miracle. But the very fact she had promised him, she would never be able to let that one go. The next thing she was about to say, she almost wished she didn’t have too because she felt like they wouldn’t go down well, maybe that was why she did it, not only because hospital policy said that hospital staff should offer services to the grieving after the death of a person “If there is anything we can do to make this any easier –“ she almost choked on her words but regained herself rather quickly “don’t hesitate to tell us, we can also take you to see her and we are of course going to help you through procedures on what happens now, when you are ready

She almost just wished that Clayton would explode in her face, that he would yell at her take his anger out on her, because she deserved it.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 6:53 am

The sadness so overwhelming for Clayton, it was hard for him to even swim in this ocean of grief. Nothing made sense anymore, and he couldn't even listen to her voice. Her voice made him even angrier. "Easier? Excuse me" he raised his voice, feeling it bottle up with even more fury. "What I need is for my sister to come back into this room and be fine, if you hadn't fucked it up - she would be in here right now," he yelled taking a step closer to Nia. "Mr. Reyes, take a deep breath. Doctor Lewis did everything she could," Cecilia took a slight step forward to stop him from racing up into the face of Nia. It seemed to back him off for at least a few seconds as he took a step back, turning his back to them. Cecilia turned her head to Nia, they should let him be, having someone else take him to see Madelaine - it was no good if he stayed angry at Nia, even if it was just in the moment. Hadn't they all had people yelling at them at some point for not being able to save a loved one? People reacted differently, you could never really tell. "Again we are very sorry for your loss," she placed a hand on Nia's back guiding her towards the door.

"No, this isn't.. " he hissed frustrated not even finishing his sentence, as he spun around grabbing Nia by the wrist pulling her back into the room. "You don't get to just make promises and not deliver them, you don't," he held her up against the wall standing so close, looking down at her. "I trusted you. I trusted you!"-Mr. Reyes!" Cecilia pushed him to the side, "calm down! Or I will get security up here, and we don't want that. We are sorry for what happened, but you don't get to attack our doctors because of it," she snarled a little before taking a step back. "Come on Doctor Lewis," she let Nia exit the room first this time, heading straight to the back doors out to the stairs, the emotional support stairs as Eden and her used to call them.

Cecilia exhaled deeply and ran her hands over her hair, closing her eyes for just a small second, before turning to Nia. "Are you okay?" She asked, wanting to make sure that her friend was alright with all that had happened. Clayton Reyes felt oddly familiar, and given all the months stress she hadn't really thought out why, but she couldn't shake the feeling off. She had met him before somewhere.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 8:06 am

All Nia did was just standing there taking the accusing words that Clayton sent her way. She didn’t even want him to ask him to take a deep breath or to calm down, because she understood where they were coming from. He was mad at the world for taking his sister away from him to soon, and who was better to blame than the woman that had said they had nothing to worry about and the person that last had seen her alive? Sometimes it was just easier to shift responsibility onto something you could see and touch. Not that it made alright.

Nia looked up towards Cecilia as she felt the hand on her back, she wanted them to walk out, and the smaller woman made a small nod as she turned around to walk out of the room. But before she came very far before she felt how a hand grabbed her wrist pulling her back and towards a wall. The warmth that her hand made around her cold skin almost made the area crackle with his intensity. For a brief moment her face was filled with fear before it vanished. Instead, she just looked up with eyes filled with remorse, she could easily push him away or get out of the grip. But she stood completely still just looking into his eyes as he told her that he had trusted her. She wanted to say that she was sorry or know exactly what words would make it all easier for him. But no words came out, mostly because she knew it wouldn’t make a difference. If it hadn’t been for Cecilia, Nia might had been exposed to more than just this small outburst of anger.

Without thinking too much about it Nia went out the door, shortly after Cecilia followed, Nia looked through the glass watching Clayton standing there. As they walked through the door to the stairs she took in a deep breath. Was she alright? No not really she plastered a small smile on her lips, “Not really, but it’s part of the job” she sat down on the staircase and pulled out her pony tail letting her brown hair spill down her narrow shoulders “But yeah, I’ll be alright, just real bad situation” clearly just shutting down instead of dealing with it, the reality of it all would hit her later.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 8:31 am

Not really, but it’s part of the job, a chuckle left the human's lips. Not because it was funny, but because it was so bloody true at this point. It wasn't even just a part of her job anymore, it was a part of her life. Dealing with all the shit the world threw at her. Cecilia took a deeper breath in, she was still on call for at least a few hours, but she would so much rather be home in bed next to Lucas right now. "The most glorious part of the job," she sighed a bit before shaking her head a little at herself. Cecilia lifted her hand up taking the clamp out that was holding her hair up, letting the soft brown locks fall over her shoulders. "It was a crappy situation," she added in a smaller sigh. One thing was losing the patient, another thing was by accident promising that everything would be alright. Cecilia couldn't wait hearing Ash opinion about this. "No matter how deep the pain, or the grief or what so ever, no one should act out like that towards you," she pointed out. Those rushed movements, Clayton's actions had reminded her of Jasper for a moment too long, perhaps enough for her to have reacted to strongly in not wanting Clayton to harm Nia.

"My friend Eden and I usually go out here, or we used to. Just shouting whenever something went wrong, because in a few hours we might be called into another OR and then, there is no more room for past mistakes or broken promises," she took a deeper breath in and licked her lips. Of course, she knew Nia knew this, perhaps it was just standing here that reminded her of the times, with tough cases that had seemed impossible, where Eden had reminded her what they were fighting for, and why they kept going. The thought made her frown a bit as she took a sharper breath in. "There is a trauma psychologist connected to the hospital, Sebastian King - he is pretty great, if you ever need someone to talk to, I know I do time to time," she confessed and breathed out again. "You look like someone who could use a good cup of coffee," she chuckled a bit to herself before she summoned two cups of coffee and handed one of them Nia. Of course she had made sure it was the best coffee, when you could work your magic like this - you better do it right.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 9:19 am

She started massaging her temples as Cecilia said it was a crappy situation “Yeah promising was such a rookie mistake” she breathed out and closed her eyes, a small huff left her that it wasn’t okay how he had acted out “Can you blame him?” she mumbled and shook her head “Everything was fine for three weeks, and the suddenly her heart gives out?" she took in a deep breath she still didn’t really understand how it had happened.

A smile formed on Nia’s lips as Cecilia told her that Eden and her usually went out here, she understood and appreciate what she told her. When they walked out of here again, she had to keep her head in the game, because it could cost another person’s life if she didn’t. “I know and trust me I’ve learned my lesson” the question was just how bad Ash would react to all of this; he already didn’t like her so this could just be a great opportunity for him to tell her just how much he didn’t want her here. Maybe it was shallow of her to think that already, but Ash hadn’t really given her anything other than backhanded comments, so why should this case be any different?

Cecilia then told her that there was a trauma psychologist connected to the hospital, Sebastian King. But she didn’t need any psychologist, she would be fine she had dealt with her dying alone without being able to tell her friends about it, and then actually dying and turned into a monster. No one knew about that either, so losing a patient and being threatened by the patient’s brother. She could deal with that alone to.
Coffee would be great” she said with a sad smile as she looked up, then started laughing “I’m still getting used to the fact that you know so much about the supernatural and not only that, but you have these awesome powers!” she took the coffee and started drinking “Oh that is the stuff” she murmured and closed her eyes yet again.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 11:56 am

Could she blame him, Cecilia took a deeper breath in. "I don't blame him for being angry, frustrated, sad and perhaps even guilty that he might have thought he should have noticed something was wrong," she pointed out on the next exhale. "But lashing out like that wasn't going to make anything better," she folded her lips together. Cecilia knew what it was like to be angry at the world, finding everything happening so unfair. What had happened to her cousin who was in a room after being gone for month, that situation was just a small slice of the cake and she would love nothing more than to make the person who had done this pay. But her being angry wouldn't fix anything, it wouldn't change anything. So, if she could just get to cut in something, that helped, at least she could be useful and help someone. "There is magic in this world, everything we do know for sure can be altered within seconds," she sighed a bit. It reminded her of the entire link situation, still thankful for Eden having healed her back then.

Cecilia grabbed the railing and leaned a little forward. Lost in her own thoughts and train of whatever gut feeling she had, she didn't even pay attention to mentioning Sebastian. It was perhaps because of her powers, making her mention stuff time to time that could come in handy at some point, she just rarely picked up on it. It wasn't like Nia had said she needed help or anything, or looked like someone who had suffered a great deal of trauma - who even looked like they were suffering at this point?

"Yeah, it's weird isn't it? And yet I feel like I've known forever at this point, then again, I have had a great deal of adventures since," she shook her head a bit licking her lips for a moment. Cecilia couldn't help but laugh as Nia started laughing. If you had asked Cecilia in the beginning of the year, there was nothing awesome or amazing about these powers, and she still sometimes found them more like a curse than a blessing. "Sometimes they are pretty cool, makes it a lot easier to grab a snack as well," she chuckled a bit trying to keep the mood just a little bit up in all the tragedy. Cecilia took a deeper breath in before taking a sip of the coffee. "Only the best is good enough," she breathed out again more relieved.  
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Nia smiled as Cecilia explained to her that it felt like she had known forever at this point. A small pang of hurt rose in her chest, Cecilia one of her most trusted friends and not even she knew about that she had been dying with cancer. She had only got the lie everyone else had gotten; I’m moving back to my parents for the time being. Then there was the whole part of her being a vampire that she hadn’t told anyone, a reason why not only was she wearing a bracelet against the sun but also a neckless filled with power that needed recharge that didn’t come cheap, but her parents would rather pay ridiculous amounts of money to keep this secret. In every other people eyes she just looked like a normal human, that was a little colder to touch than normal.
Funny, a such well-kept secret that she thought only her, and her family knew about. But there was one other, a person walking around this hospital that was sure to know everything that had happened because of his powers. And she didn’t even know.

Well, do you ever wonder where it comes from?” she asked taking a sip from the coffee and made a small sigh, this was damn good coffee “like, someone was standing waiting for the coffee and as soon as they got it in their hand suddenly it was gone?” she started laughing because it seemed like such a ridicules scenario that she just pictured the same person over and over making something delicious and then it was gone as soon as they were about to eat it because Cecilia summoned it. She started laughing a little loader “Picture this, you have e nemesis out there, that doesn’t know who you are, all he know is something or someone keeps stealing this fucking snacks out of thin air!!
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyTors Maj 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Cecilia kept laughing by the question. "Mate, all the bloody time," she shook her head a little bit. Every time she had summoned someone, they had always been forced some somewhere, the same with objects. She didn't just make them appear from nowhere, they belonged somewhere before ending up in her hands. That thought made her chuckle, as she just realized how remarkable that actually was. As Nia gave her an entire scenario on how she had gotten the coffees - didn't even stop laughing, as she clear as they could see it happen. "Oh yeah, I'm suddenly the master villain in someone's story, huh, It feels sorta good," she chuckled a bit. She would have to try that one on Mono or Evelina one day. "I will start doing that now, whenever Luke starts to think his books are way more entertaining, than I am," she nodded a bit to herself. "Why haven't I thought about that before, it's brillant," Cecilia shook her head a little bit. She had been so worried all the time for so long, she hadn't even considered what more fun stuff she could do with her ability. Everything was better than calling upon the archangels. Cecilia took a deeper breath out. It was a far too long time since she had bursted out into laughter out here. Work was just serious it had been all about getting the job done, save lives so you could go home and feel better for just a short moment. Standing here laughing, it was like things were suddenly just taking a step in the right direction. Finally.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyLør Maj 29, 2021 12:19 pm

It felt good just laughing about stuff and get some of the pain of her chest. Not that it would help long term, but of right now it was a blessing just to sit out here with one of the people she saw as her closest friends. “Because you missed my brilliant mind to tell you all the good stuff about the bad” if she was just as applied that logic to herself then everything would be fine in the end.
And you have to record it the next time you do it to screw up your friends with your powers” she laughed and gave Cecilia a little wink, then she felt how her pager started vibrating and took it up. “I need to check up on one of my patients but thank you for this” she lifted her cup of coffee and gave Cecilia a big smile before she stood up and walked out the door.

Just get through this night, one step at the time and then she could go home and burry herself in self-pity on the couch. Five hours left, just small five hours.
She threw out the cup after she drank the rest and walked into the patient room to be filled up to speed what was going on. But no matter how much she tried to focus, she always came back to Claytons haunted look and how he blamed her, which she still thought he had every reason to. Losing a patient, that would never get easy.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyMan Maj 31, 2021 11:37 am

She nodded, with a smile on her lips as Nia said she needed to check up on someone. Cecilia looked over her shoulder as Nia went out the doors, and she sighed a bit to herself for a short moment. There was so many stories here in this hospital, good alongside the bad ones. This year had mostly provided bad ones, but with all the bad ones she still got to save lives, help people. Cecilia finished her coffee, just as she once again this night was paged to the ER. So, once again she rushed as fast as she could.

---
The patient looked towards Dr. Lewis as she returned to his room. His eyes following her from the second she stepped into his room. But he just stood there, shortly returning his gaze to the empty bed where he was supposed to be in. Stephen Lightbourne had been in this room for a few days by now, he was stable. Nothing was wrong with him, or so it seemed as he suddenly jumped her from behind, throwing her against the wall next to them. Like something had snapped inside the demon's head.  Totally out of his mind, he threw her towards the  counters, having all the tools and files fall to the ground making a mess. He managed to get a hold of her necklace pulling it as he had tried reaching for her throat. Behind the closed door and rolled down curtains, it was hard to  the remaining of the hospital to even see or know what was going on behind the door.

At least till the door was forced open and the demon was pulled of.. the vampire just before he was about to throw a punch. Clay looked into the eyes of the demon, compelling him to return to his bed, before he sat down next to the vampire he just had yelled at hours ago. Vampire. He hadn't noticed she was a vampire till now. "You alright?"
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyMan Maj 31, 2021 2:03 pm

How could this day or night as it were, get any worse? Well, if you had asked Nia seconds ago, she would have told he person that it couldn’t. It couldn’t get any worse. But as everything else in a person’s life, when they thought that it couldn’t get any worse, it did just that.

Just as she was about to yell were the hell her patient was, she felt strong arms grab her narrow shoulders, the air was knocked out of her lungs as she felt how the wall collided with her back. She didn’t even have time to shout after help as she felt just how Stephen was throwing her around like a god damn ragdoll. Then the worst thing happened, she felt how her neckless was snapped of and the small clattering noise from the metal landing on the floor, everything stopped. She felt how color drained from her face and the magic that had clouded over her making her seem, smell and look human faded away. No, this couldn’t be happening, no, no, no, no!
She didn’t even notice the pain from being pushed around and ending op on the floor looking up towards the fist that was coming towards her face.
But before she could do anything other than close her eyes, the weight was lifted from her, and the patient suddenly was back into his bed.
Nia didn’t even notice who it was as a calm voice asked her if she was alright. “No, but better than I could have been, thank you” she whispered, she did everything she could to make the tears from falling down her face, before she realized that she needed the neckless. Which was also why she didn’t really look at her savior’s face. Franticly she got up on all fours and started finding it between all of the instruments lying around on the floor. “Shit, where is it, where is it!” she said desperately she didn’t even mind the pain throbbing through her body at this point, but she couldn’t let the truth come out.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyMan Maj 31, 2021 2:46 pm

"What are you looking for?" He asked frowning a bit at her as she started to desperately search for something. Clayton crawled towards her and gently placed a hand on an area of her arm that didn't seemed to be injured. "You are a vampire," he concluded, feeling the cold skin. Being born half pureblooded vampire and half werewolf, he knew the smell. The scent. His eyes went away from hers, looking over the papers on the ground, the small stains of blood on the floor, the shattered glass from the mirror. There he eyed a necklace underneath one of the counters and reached for it. "Is this what you are looking for?" He asked not letting her grab it back that easily if she reached for it. He carefully observed her, vampires healed quickly unless they were blood deprived. Using magic objects to hide your vampire nature? It wasn't a good sign or a healthy one either. "How badly are you hurt?" He asked looking to see mostly if any bones had taken a turn. He hadn't seen her or Cecilia for such a long time, so long they hadn't even realized who he was. Which was insane, then again, it was perhaps just the beard and the fact he was supposed to be in Brisbane Australia working there, where he had gotten this big offer back then.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyMan Maj 31, 2021 5:24 pm

My necklace” she whispered as he asked, but as she didn’t find it before he stated the obvious she turned around and finally saw who it was that she was dealing with, the man that had just screamed at her, pushing her against the wall with a threatening demeanor, had been her savior. “Yes, I am” she chocked out and realized that he was the only one, besides her mom and father that know knew about it. A person that hated her life, how had he even been around for him to help her? Why, had he helped her? He fished out her necklace from under the counters “yes!” she said and took it from him and quickly put it around her neck only to figure out that it was broken. No this couldn’t be happening. But the lock mechanism worked maybe she could, after a few tries she finally placed it around her neck where it belonged. As soon as it was around her again the magic started working.

No, I’m, I’m okay” she finally said with a smile on her lips, doing the whole brave thing all over again. She stood up, only to stagger and press her hand against her forehead “Thank you, for saving me, I’m just a little confused, why?” she didn’t even have time to stop herself as she asked that, there was so many whys. Mostly, she had just been the reason that his sister wasn’t here anymore, and he had been so angry with her, why would he help? Maybe he hadn’t even realized that it had been her. That had to be it, he had thought it was just someone that needed help, and of course he was going help, who wouldn’t?
Should really call someone in” she then said a little dizzy, and looked around confused. This was really to much for one day to handle.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 9:59 am

No, I'm okay, he snorted a bit, lifting a brow at her. He didn't believe her that was for sure. Then again, if you counted the previous events of the day, he didn't really need to look after her. She pointed that out herself. "Don't start thinking to high of yourself Nia, it's called being the better person," he pointed out on the next exhale. Call someone in. Yeah, they should. Clay walked over to the patient and took a look of his hand he had used to throw his punches. He inspected it making sure they weren't broken or damaged. "You should sit down for a few seconds," he turned his eyes back at her, and left the patient alone. He was fine after all. "Come, we go to the lounge," even if she wanted him to or not, he supported her and guided her towards the lounge. He had been visiting this hospital for years, or whenever they needed him to come by for a special case or anything really, but mainly located in Oakheart. As they reached the lounge he opened the door, no one else was in there yet, so he could get her to one of the sofas and sit her down. "Why the necklace?" He asked a bit curious. Not because he couldn't understand the need to keep yourself from losing control, it was the reason he had both a moon-ring and a daylight ring. Keeping his wolf and the vampire in check. His sister had been a werewolf.

The door opened shortly and Ash looked in. "Oh, good, I see you have met Doctor Reyes." Ash was about to say something else when is pager called. "I have to go, you both good?" He asked quickly, waiting for Clay to make a small nod before he walked out again. Clayton moved his green eyes back to Nia. "So, I must have changed a lot since medschool for you and Cece not to recognize me, I don't know if I should be flattered or offended." He chuckled a little bit.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 10:25 am

She looked at him and pulled a restrained face, as he told her that it was called being a better person. He really had a change of heart on such a short period of time? She didn’t really believe it but didn’t test faith of calling him out on it, so instead she just nodded as he told her that she should sit down. Was he a doctor? She had to be how he had looked at the patient with expert eyes to see if anything was dislocated or broken. At first, she insisted that she could walk by herself, but she tripped over her feet and felt his warm hands that took hold of her body and guided towards the lounge that no one was sitting in. She was so focused on his hands, how the warmth seeped in through her scrubs and made it tinkle in a weird way. She had felt it first as he taken hold of her and pushed her up towards the wall, maybe that had been why she hadn’t been able to say or do anything. Luckily Cecilia had been there to get him off.
She sat down on the sofa as he instructed her to and looked up as he asked about the necklace. It was unconscious that her fingers found around the magical item hanging around her neck. She didn’t get to answer before Ash looked in and informed that Clayton Reyes was indeed a new Doctor here at the hospital. Nia was far from good, but she just nodded towards her boss, she knew hellfire would get to her sooner or later when he heard what had happened.

Nia looked confused up at Clayton as he started saying that he had changed a lot since med-school, recognize him? Then it was like a punch in her stomach “Darling” she whispered his nickname and almost recoiled in her seat; she not only had done a thing no doctor should do. But she had lost one of her former good friend sister? Fate was indeed a cruel mistress. He had known her while she had been human “No one knows that I’ve been turned” she whispered and looked into his green eyes, she hadn’t told anyone “I was kept under lock and key after it happened, and then shipped away to London before I could say goodbye” but by then Clay had already been offered the job in Brisbane and had taken off. “You have changed” she choked and then felt how she started to shake “I’m so sorry about your sister, I should never have, I never thought” she felt how tears finally pressed over the edge of her eyes and glided down her white cheeks. It wasn’t fair, she wasn’t supposed to be the one crying, she hadn’t lost a family member today. But losing a patient, being attack by another and then finding out that the patient you had lost was a sister of and old dear friend? She couldn’t hold the tears at bay anymore.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 10:43 am

Darling, he chuckled a bit, rolling shortly eyes at her. Nia was at least new here, he had seen Cecilia around a few times but never really gotten to talk much and if anything it had been work, and you didn't always get to think about where you had seen people. His thoughts returned to Nia when she said that no one knew, it made him frown a bit. He wondered why. He nodded a bit, he had changed, they all had changed. He had played human before as well, it was just easier when you were around humans, to be human. He didn't understand why, and perhaps it had just been easier than explain what he was and how hard everything were. Then again she apologized about his sister. Clayton held his breath for a while, looking how the small tears brushed over the slightly pale cheeks. He grabbed the tears with his thumb and removed them gently. "I know you are, I also know you did everything you could do," he removed his hand and sat a little bit more up right. "I also would like to apologize. I reacted.. very, I'm ashamed, you didn't deserve that. I have a werewolf temper to go with my vampire nature, since I know what you are - I guess it's fair you know what I am," he took a slightly deeper breath in. "I'm a hybrid, my father is a pureblood werewolf and my mother a pureblood vampire," he informed knowing it was very rare that you saw the mix walk around. And yes, it was a battle of the beasts being in control, a never ending battle field. Just like her, he pushed his emotions down, and he had been sitting crying about his sister before entering the room where Nia had been in, he had cried and he wasn't going to cry more till he got home and had to face his father about it. Knowing he was most likely on his way here.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 12:28 pm

She didn’t even think about it, but as his hand and thump glided over her cheek to dry away some of the tears that fell down, she leaned into it. She had been so oblivious to the feelings when they had been a med-school, it had only been because Cecilia had pointed them out that she had realized just how big of a crush she had had on him. But before she could do anything about it, the day she had decided to tell him he had told that he had got a job offer, across the world. A totally different time zone and so far, away. And then when her cancer had started spreading and the doctors had told her family that there was nothing more, they could do other than put her in hospice.

The warmth he had given was missed as soon as the hand was removed again. Could feelings keep over such a long time? As she looked at him and goosebumps started to appear all over her body, and then she knew that feelings could indeed hold a flame for so long. All it took was her to realize who it was, and it were like the spark was ignited again. She almost didn’t realize that he apologized to her and told her that he was a hybrid. “Is that why you smell so good?” she didn’t even think about what she said before she had said it and her hand flew up to her mouth and her eyes looked at him almost mortified. Somehow, she had always thought that werewolf would smell like wet dog or something, because vampires and werewolf usually was described as mortal enemies. “Don’t mind me, I’m a little out of it” she whispered and gave him an apologetic smile and looked away “I’m not as well versed in the supernatural, so I’m guessing you have two kinds of animal instincts fighting each other when your temper flairs up?” she asked knowing very well that sometimes when she got mad or needed blood, she had a hard time controlling her emotions.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Is that why you smell so good? Clay cracked a smile followed by a small laugh as her hand flew up to her mouth. But it was true though, it was harder for werewolves and vampires to figure out just what he was, because at the same time something screamed enemy, a part also screamed friend. Which was also a reason he sometimes became very confused himself, especially if he took off the moon-ring. He had the rings in a necklace around his neck, so he could keep himself in check while at work. You couldn't really operate with rings on your fingers. "It's okay," he chuckled a bit and breathed out. Her confession about not being so versed in the supernatural phenomena's made him frown a bit, a not newly turned yet still green vampire not knowing everything or having been taught much. He guessed that's what happened when you had to keep who you were a secret to everyone. So her question didn't surprise him whatso ever, "yeah, imagine having a werewolf temper to go with a vampire apatite - it's not great," he added with a small chuckle. It really wasn't great. "You should tell someone, other than me. It's a lonely world hiding what you are, and no one should really shoulder that alone -" he pointed out on his next inhale. "Whenever you are ready of course."
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Its lonely. He had no idea just how lonely it was, a soft laugh left her, and she looked away from him. “I had cancer” she finally said, still not looking at him another secret she had kept from anyone for so long. “I first had it as a child, but I fought through it” she licked her lips “But just around the time we started med-school I started feeling the signs again and when we went for my check up, there it was, I lit up like a god damn Christmas three on the scanner” she closed her eyes and could feel how it started lifting her heart. Just one that knew, that was all she needed even as it was fair doing this to him when he had so many other things on his mind. New job, back into town and a sister that had just died. “My parents, didn’t want me to tell anyone so I was forced to take the treatments and work twice as hard getting my intern ship, and when I finished our third interned year it had spread to the brain and my parents kept me –“ she shook her head and felt a sob form in her throat making it hard to breathe “I’m sorry” she said finally realizing what she was doing and looked at him with a smile on her lips that did not reach her eyes “It’s fine, I’ve done it for so long, so, maybe, when the time is right I can do it – but as long as my father is around I’m not sure it will be a possibility” Clay wouldn’t even had known if it hadn’t been for the demon ripping off her necklace.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 2:11 pm

She had cancer. He frowned a bit, he would have never thought about that if she hadn't told them. Working in this field you viewed it differently than others usually did, you knew the programs and all the different things that was involved. Clay could only think of it in medical terms, which was perhaps the case. He wondered for a moment why she hadn't told anyone, it was her body in the end, she had the right to find people to lean on when it came to that. Then again, in medschool it was already a busy time and the people you met there was most likely the only people you actually got to talk with, then there were the lucky ones. He recalled Cecilia being very interested in neuro back then, so he had been surprised to see her at trauma - but then again, his abilities made it able to him to look into people's memories, understanding them better if he really needed to. And given her past with the car crash, it seemed to make sense that you wanted to help people like you had been helped. He pushed the thought aside as Nia was on the edge of a breakdown. "It's alright," she reminded her with a comforting smile. Her mention of her father being the problem made him take a sharper breath in. Clay knew a little bit about parents who wanted you to keep low profile. "Just because you are used to something, it doesn't mean it's fine," he pointed out looking into her eyes. "It's your life - don't forget that." Clay clicked his tongue a little before taking a deeper breath in. "You, me and Cecilia working at the same hospital. Who would have thought," he chuckled by that thought.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 2:22 pm

She nodded and made a small smile as she turned her eyes away from him and looked down on her fingers and started fiddling around with them. It had always been a touchy subject, many had always used her father as the reason why she had been so young getting through med-school after taken a university degree. Which had been why she wanted to work at Grounds of Lily instead of Aston, because her father didn’t have any say there. But no matter how hard she tried to run, she would always be the rich kid that was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Sometimes she wished for her just being from a normal family, they always seemed to be more functional than the rest.

As he gave her an out, she took it with hesitation. “Yeah who would have thought” she laughed and looked towards him with a bigger and more real smile “I’m not going to hear the end of it when Cecilia finds out, she used to tease me back in the day” she said and shook her head “You know, because I had the biggest crush on you, didn’t even realized it before the day you told me that you got the job offer in Brisbane” she said laughing a little pitifully. He might have thought she was green in the supernatural thing; it was nothing compared to love and everything that came with it. The most scandalous thing she had done, had been holding hands with Miles Shelton in second grade. Prepositus.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 2:39 pm

Who would have thought. "Yeah, she seems to be quite busy lately," he acknowledged, not having gone into much trouble of finding out anything about what she was doing. He could of course had asked, but she always seemed to be in a zone, like back when they had studied, always focused on the next step ahead. You know, because I had the biggest crush on you, he raised his brows a little surprised by the confession. It was not what he had seen coming. Nia Lewis having a crush on him back in med-school? Unbelievable. "Really?" He blinked a little bit, leaning against the back of the couch. "The Nia Lewis, crushing on me?" He placed his elbow on the back of the couch, letting it rest on top. "It is actually quite funny because. I used to have this major crush on you back then -" he confessed now they were putting cards on the table, he might as well keep it honest. "If I didn't know any better, I would say Cecilia is psychic or some shit, she always knew whenever we were going to have a pop quiz or any of that stuff. You two are not secret vampire sisters or something are you? You would totally give off that cult vibe, I mean," he joked a little bit, keeping a warm smile on his face.
Ophelia

Ophelia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] EmptyFre Jun 04, 2021 3:12 pm

Her hand pushed him a little against his shoulder as he said her name like that, with the comment that she was crushing on him. The next words that left his mouth made her look a little startled at him, he had? Wow, she really had no idea and was even more oblivious than she would have thought.
You did?” she said a little shy and gave him a smile and then shook her head “Well, it should be saying it like that, Clayton Reyes having a crush on me? You could have had almost anyone in our resident year just by smiling at them you had them swooning” she laughed and then she looked at as he asked if Cecilia was some kind of psychic, a real hardy laugh left her throat as he asked if she was in a secret cult with her as vampire sister. “Well I know that she can summon things now, she got me the best coffee I have ever had, just by thinking about it” she shrugged and looked at him with a smirk “Maybe you’re right, maybe she is a psychic too” she took in a deep breath and the smile disappeared and she looked down on er hands, she knew that she had to go soon, she had still work to do and he needed to get back to figuring out what to do with his sister and his other family members that was left behind.

I should, get going, back to my patients and so” she looked towards him, she didn’t really feel like leaving “Maybe, maybe we could figure out seeing each other over coffee or something like that? I want to hear about your work in Brisbane” she said with a smile and hopeful eyes. At least she felt a little better of the start of this horrible night.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]   Death only leave the mourning behind [TW] Empty

Death only leave the mourning behind [TW]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» First rule about death club. Don't talk about death club - Elian
» Leave me alone or not
» Leave me the F alone!... - Christian
» You're not allowed to leave like this (CW)
» No! Leave me alone! Get away! Please! ~ Carmen

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Aston Hospital-
Gå til: