Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

... There was a fire in the kitchen

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Noa

Noa

Humør : I tried to write ‘I'm a functional adult’ but my phone changed it to ‘fictional adult’ and i feel like that’s more accurate.
Antal indlæg : 132

... There was a fire in the kitchen Empty
IndlægEmne: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 12, 2021 9:42 am

Noa, texting Howie: sends a voice message
Howie, texting back: I’m a little busy, is it urgent?
Noa: No, don’t worry, just listen later.
later
Howie: presses play
Noa's voice message: THERE’S A FIRE-

Date: May 14th 2021
Time: 18:15
Attire: Blue skinny jeans with a black tanktop, hair in a messy bun.
Topic for: @Howard xxx
Okay, to be fair it wasn't her fault or it was, but she wasn't the only one to blame. Noa wasn't a terrible cook, it wasn't that, but she had gotten herself distracted while cooking and for some reason the kitchen had almost exploded on her. Noa had found herself setting the timer and sat down on the couch texting Eric a bit, and then after a bit, she had smelled something was wrong. Something burned. She had freaked out and quickly opened her phone to send Howie a voice message shouting there was a fire in the kitchen. But after that she had called the fire department, and as Howie had written back he was busy she had just replied it was fine - because she had handled things. The fire department had arrived and turned down the fire, the kitchen escaping with little damage but still they would most likely need a new oven.

Noa was standing outside, while some of the firemen was trying to figure out what caused the fire - but she already knew it was most likely her fault. It was her fault. She caught Howie's scent in the crowd of people that started to circle around, people who wanted to gossip and figure out what had went on, then the people who were actually concerned and worried. She walked closer to Howie to meet him along the way, giving her voicemail and lack of chance to actually text him about the fact that things were fine.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Howard

Howard

Humør : Be patient with yourself. Nothing in nature blooms all year.
Fag : Drama + Dance + Language + History
Antal indlæg : 78

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 12, 2021 12:04 pm

He had been at the gym in moonlight falls, putting in some extra hours to practice his dance for the upcoming gala that was happening. He already had a plan for asking out Maya, but for some reason he had been roped into preforming a little something for the whole school. And if there was something he didn’t do when it came to dance and arts, was half ass it.
The music had been shortly interrupted by an incoming text, and he walked over to it with sweat dripping down from his face as he looked down and saw it was a voice message from Noa. He sighed, why she always did that was so weird to him. He quickly texted back if it was urgent or if he could listen to it later. The answer came quickly, and he nodded before returning to what he had been doing.

It was around ten minutes later that he heard the sirens. Something made him stop up and look over to his phone. “She didn’t” he quickly walked over and picked up the phone and pressed play on the voice message. “There’s a fire-!” he quickly packed his things and ran out the door and to his jeep. “Damn it, damn it!” he fiddled with his keys and finally got it into the hole. After that it went quite quick for him to get the car out of the parking lot towards his parent’s house. Why had she said everything was fine! Damn that woman.

As he finally got there, he had to pull up a little father from their house as there were firefighters and people all over the place.

Excuse me” he mumbled, as he tried as he pushed his way through. Luckily, he had smelled her, and he hadn’t seen any ambulances so that had to mean that she was alright. She had better! “Noa!” he shouted as he ran towards her and pulled her into his embrace. Not caring if he was sweaty or stinky.
Noa

Noa

Humør : I tried to write ‘I'm a functional adult’ but my phone changed it to ‘fictional adult’ and i feel like that’s more accurate.

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Noa! Her head moved to the direction of his voice as he moved closer. Noa's lips split wanting to apologize for the chaos, but before it happened he had already embraced her and her arms swung around him by instinct. "I'm okay, really," she breathed out, knowing it might have worried him more than was even the intention. "I'm sorry," she took a deeper breath in once again, always worried that people would get angry with her. He knew her first expectation to anything was to assume they would yell at her - she feared letting people down. Noa loosened her hold around him to be able to look into his eyes, he always had this way of making her feel more comfortable. Feel safe. "I lost track of time, and I.. and then suddenly.. the fire everything, I'm sorry," Noa looked shortly at the ground before her blue eyes found themselves back to Howie, slightly folding her lips as she took a deeper breath in. Her eyes moved shortly to the crowd, so many people just standing watching, talking. She didn't like it, feeling the people just starring at them. Noa then moved her eyes from the people as she locked eyes with one of them, and looked back at Howie.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 12, 2021 3:02 pm

As she pulled a little out of his embrace, he took her face into his hands instead and inspected that she was indeed okay. Nothing seemed out of place when he looked into her eyes, only the slight fear of him being mad at her. Not that would ever happen, he was just so pleased that nothing bad had happened with her.

Sssh” he mumbled and pulled her into his arms again putting a hand behind the back of her head and pulled her into his arms. “You know the only thing that is important Noa is that you are okay, and loosing track of time is something that could have happened for the best of us” he said with no malice in his voice. A firefighter waved him over “I need to go and talk with them, you just stay here and collect your thoughts, okay?” he said again with her face in his hands, a quick smile formed on his lips before he pressed a quick kiss on her forehead, and he ran over to the person that had waved him over.

It took around twenty minutes of him explaining that his parents were out of the house, and Noa was an addition to the family in the way that they were her legal guardians at this point. Finally everybody cleared out, the people had gone home and the firetruck were on its way back to their precinct.

He walked back to Noa and put an arm around her shoulders. “Now, how about we order some takeout, get some of the wine from the cellar, watch some good films and just forget about all this?” he said with an optimist smile.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Noa took a slightly sharper breath in, before he once again pulled her into his arms. He was the only one she fully trusted, the only one who knew everything. Who truly knew how bad everything had been and how far she had come. She felt fragile in his embrace, but only in the best way possible, because she could be fragile with him and still know he wouldn't let her fall. ...something that could have happened for the best of us That was true, it was something that could happen to everyone, she still felt guilty over it had happened to her, but he had also practiced on not taking everything in as a personal failure. Learning to let go had possibly been her hardest challenge. "Yeah, I will wait right here," she smiled at him as he held her face in his hands, only closing her eyes shortly as he placed a quick kiss on her forehead. Then she watched him go. Noa took a deep breath in and wrapped her arms around herself and looked up at the sun, still up welcoming the longer days with sun as spring finally seemed to show its colors.

While waiting she sat down in the grass crossing her legs and looked around her. It took some time, and she hadn't really gotten her phone out with her. So, she just observed whatever was going on around her. Finally it seemed like they were starting to leave, and she got back on her feet. Noa exhaled as she watched him walk back to her, and a small laugh left her lips as he placed his arm around her shoulder. Forget about all this seemed like the perfect way to handle this. But takeout and wine did seem like the perfect addition to it. "Forgotten already," she smiled with a small giggle looking at him with his optimistic smile, always able to make her smile. "Then they started making their way back to the house. "What kind of takeout are we in the mood for today? Sushi maybe? It's good with a fine wine," she pointed out with a little half smile.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptySøn Maj 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Good, that’s the spirit!” he said with a short laugh and pulled harder towards him before letting her go as he came further inside. “What kind of takeout?” he mumbled contemplating before she asked him if he was in the mood for sushi “It’s like you read my mind” he winked and nodded “Can you do it? Then I’ll just grab a quick bath, still sweaty after my workout at the gym, just order what we did last time that was really good” he rolled his shoulders back in circles as he reminded himself that he had run out of his training as soon as he had put two and two together and then heard her voice text.

And when I’m done, I’ll go down and find some wine for us!” luckily the youngest were at a sleep over party by some friends. And his parents weren’t coming home before next week.
His feet half running down the hallway could be heard in almost the entire building as it was a one-story house, classical over modern home with everything you could by with money. Sometimes he even forgot how privilege he was, if it wasn’t because of his friend always reminding him that what he could by and do, wasn’t normal.

He found some clothes and hopped into the shower, took around ten minutes before he was out again and walking down the wine cellar to grab a couple flasks. “Red, white or Rosé?” he asked as he came into the kitchen the smell of smoke was there, but as he looked towards the stove it didn’t really look like it was that bad. The most mess was clearly from the firefighters.
And what kind of movie would you like to see?” he asked as he took down some glasses looking out in the open kitchen, dining and living room space.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptySøn Maj 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Noa nodded, "yes sir," a small laughter left her lips before she walked over to grab her phone. She closed the tab with her messages from Eric, to find the number that belonged to their sushi place, the best one in town. "Sounds good, what are you waiting for then, hurry up!" She waved at him with a harmonic laughter while shaking her head briefly at him. Noa's eyes followed him disappear though the hallway, and she heard the door close and the water turn on. Noa shook her head before looking at her phone again to order their usual order.

He quickly returned to where Noa had sat down in the living room, and she looked up from her phone the second he returned from the wine cellar. Noa jumped up from the couch and jogged lightly into the kitchen to jump on the counter. "The white wine is always good with sushi," she pointed out placing her hands behind her back, so she was able to lean a little bit back keeping herself up by using her hands. The smell of smoke still hung around, making her long for a quick cigarette. It had been dangerous to agree to that one cigarette with Eric that day, it was like falling into an stupid old habit, and just this slight trace of smoke seemed to give her back a smaller urge. But she dismissed it. "I was thinking about some old classics.. Grease.. dirty dancing? I mean who doesn't want to look at Patrick Swayze?" Noa giggled a little bit mostly shaking her head. "You know one day, we should invite Lucas and Cecilia over. I really want you to meet each other, even though he doesn't know everything and all.. but I still would like you to meet. Not just having seen or heard about each other by being at the academy.. you know?"
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyTirs Maj 25, 2021 9:04 pm

“White wine it is then!” he laughed from the kitchen as he put away the rosé in the fridge and placed the red wine on the countertop. He opened up a drawer to find a opener for the wine, after some time he finally found it and started opening the bottle as Noa’s voice rang out again. Grease or dirty dancing. Now that was a good question, musical or just a very good dancing movie. He started laughing as she made the argument that who wouldn’t like to look at Patrick Swayze. Before he could answer she kept talking, such a funny thing she always did another thought popped into her head and instead of waiting on his answer she would give him a totally new thing that he had to take in and process. Inviting Lucas and Cecilia over, that sounded like a good idea.

A small pop was made as he finally pulled the cork out. He poured the wine in the glass and walked over to her with a glass in an outstretched hand “Yes, that sounds like a really good idea, do you want them to meet the whole team of Findlay’s or just me and you?” he said with a teasing smile before taking a sip of the glass and walked to the sofa “And I would like to watch Dirty dancing, pretty please” he winked at her as he made himself comfortable took yet another sip of his glass.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyOns Maj 26, 2021 4:12 am

Noa nodded with a smile when he said it sounded like a good idea. If anyone was used to Noa being a tornado with things to say, it was Howie and she always caught herself too late in herself doing it. "Uhm, good question, maybe just you in the beginning, besides everyone is already pretty busy, it will take a year to find a day that fits if we should wait for the entire team," Noa laughed a little by that statement. She took the glass as he handed it to her, before taking a smaller sip. Then she placed it on the counter to jump down and grab it with one swift movement, so she could follow him back to the counter. "Now I've had the time of my life -- No, I never felt like this before," she sang on her way to the couch before sitting down next to him, "Yes I swear, it's the truth -- And I owe it all to you," Noa placed her free hand on her chest singing to the part she knew by heart, and sat the glass on the table in front of her. "'Cause I've had the time of my life..And I owe it all to you," she broke into laughter while shaking her head by herself. "Take that as a yes," Noa turned on the tv and found the streaming service where she knew the movie was available. "Food should be here in fifteen minutes," Noa also pointed out looking over at Howie for a short moment.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyLør Maj 29, 2021 10:33 am

He started laughing and shook his head as she said it would take a year to find a date, or day as she had said. “Just us then!” he said and gave her a big smile, he would be lying if he said that he didn’t want to meet her brother. Especially now that he had heard so much about him, he didn’t really have him in his classes, but he had seen Mr. Hamilton walking around on the school grounds she had some idea who it was.

Then Noa started singing and he could really stop himself from tuning in and singing along. As they sat down, she turned on the tv and found the movie. “Fifteen minutes till heaven, god I’m starving as well!” as he took another sip from the wine and placed it on the sofa table, he looked over to Noa “So, are you at least going to tell me what had you so distracted that you forgot the food?” he asked with a sly smile on his lips.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyMan Jul 05, 2021 1:26 pm

"You better eat up then, because I've ordered plenty!" Noa pointed out with small laughter as she turned to him, grabbing her glass of wine to take a small sip. She almost choked on the wine to the next question, being quick enough to just swallow it and not spit it out in his face - even though that would have been something. "Uhm," she licked her lips a bit and placed the glass on the coffee table. "Ehm- I, I met someone while I was out hiking by the south part of Aston, and I don't know, we just started talking a bit, its nice, his name is Eric" she explained as she felt the heat rush up to her cheeks. "It's nothing, I mean, you know know what I mean-- don't look at me like that," she couldn't even stop laughing, not even checking if he was giving her any look, but it was just how she felt it. Not that she minded, it was nice feeling this flutter in her stomach, like back when her and Aleks first had started dating. She picked up the remote without taking her eyes of Howie for a second. "How about we talk about you... What about you and Maya? " She lifted a slightly teasing brow a bit while tilting her head, loving to put the attention on him rather than herself.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyFre Jul 09, 2021 11:11 pm

How she almost choked on the sip of wine she had taken, and then didn’t really knew how to tell how it had happened, told him more than he needed to know. Someone had caught her interest, which in itself was nice, and also worrying. After everything that had happened in Noa’s life, the last thing he wanted, was more hardship for her. Which in a sense wasn’t fair to him, as she needed to experience trial by error, and everyone knew that life would be a constant trial. You just needed to take the tools that you had gotten throughout your life to tackle the problems ahead better than before.

But that didn’t stop Howie from being worried about Noa.

Oh – I think I’m entitled to look at you like this” he told with a smirk and made a swift movement over his face with his hand. “I’m glad, but just – don’t burn the entire house down because he sends you a unsolicited picture, I don’t want to explain that to the insurance company” she then wanted to switch topic to him and Maya, he gave her a big smile and nodded while taking a small sip of his wine. “You know what? It’s really great” he said without hesitation in his voice because he knew how he felt about Maya, and after their date in April things had only gotten better after that. They took things slow, as they had both been burned. “We are going to prom together, and I’m really looking forward to that” he said and looked up at the screen. Funny how they had put on a movie, but he wasn’t even really paying attention.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyLør Jul 10, 2021 11:24 am

Noa grabbed a pillow and hit him with it on the shoulder while laughing a bit. The most normal she ever felt was around Howie, she was able to let go of the tension built up in her body. Her tiger and his lynx had comfort in each other as well, making it so much easier for them to get along better than most. You never really saw one without the other. "I won't burn the house down for the record, at least I didn't make the creme brulee boil, like someone else here I know," she teased while shaking her head a little bit. Noa was also curious about the whole Maya and Howie subject, he deserved to be happy. They both did. And Howie always went out of his way to make sure that everyone around him was feeling good and were alright, he deserved the same kindness back and someone to treat him the way he should be treated. The tiger snarled by the thought of Lara, but luckily Noa was so calm that it didn't affect her. Howie mentioned he was going to prom with her, which made Noa smile even bright. "That's great, I'm so glad," she placed her head on his shoulder for a second and breathed out. "You deserve it," Noa added as she lifted her head again. Happiness was hard to find in this world at times, but she was finally getting a few glances at it, which she was on top of the moon for.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyLør Jul 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Hey!” Howie exclaimed but started laughing as she mentioned his try in the kitchen with crème brûlée boil, so they hadn’t been able to save it and make what he had craved that whole day. “At least I didn’t set anything on fire with boiling the crème” he teased back and winked at her. Maybe he should try his hand in making desserts again, it had been a long time since he last had been in the kitchen.

Howie’s features soften as Noa told him that she was glad, and that he deserved it.
Thank you” he said with a soft smile and took another sip from the wine as he pulled his foot up to him and absentmindedly started massaging it, making a small face of discomfort while doing it. He had been working out too much, he could feel that his joints were starting to complain. He really needed to make sure that he put some ice on it, before going to bed.
So how is it going with you? Feels like it has been ages before we have really sat down and talked like this” he stated with a smile on his lips, he knew that he had a large part in that, being so occupied with finish his last year at the academy.
Noa

Noa

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyMan Jul 19, 2021 6:47 pm

"It was a beautiful fire - thank you so very much" she pointed out while bursting out laughing. Yes, he did deserve some of the happiness he always shared with others. The happiness he had helped her find again even if she had thought back then that she was just never to be whole again. She felt whole again, and even if Noa knew she had done a lot of the work herself, she would have been nowhere without Howie by her side. Howie was the reason she was who she was today, and she loved him so very dearly for that.

She narrowed her eyes a little noticing how he started massaging his foot. It was normal for him to work to a point where she began to wonder if it was good for him, at least in her eyes. "Everything alright?" She asked a little suspicious of his facial expression. But asking her how she was also a great way of just trying to make her feeling like he was okay - no way he escaped that easily. "It's going alright, work is good, being going on hikes every now and then. Mostly just chill, so its a process," she chuckled a bit. It was. She usually didn't explore further out than just the outskirts of the city, so starting to explore the parts of Gaia. "Have you thought about what you are going to do after you finish the academy?" Noa then asked a bit curious, knowing he had some offers, but still not sure if he was going to take them. It saddened her a bit, only because of the fact that it would mean he moved away - and how was she going to handle that? Not that she ever would be selfish enough to ask him to stay.
Howard

Howard

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen EmptyMan Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm

His eyes glided towards the kitchen the large spot where black sod was still present from the fire that she had made, by not paying attention. He then looked back at her and crocked up his left brow, letting that being his answer to her sarcastic point about her setting fire, where he had just boiled a batter.
Its going to be after I get some ice on it before bed” he said and let go of his foot and placed it on the coffee table instead and took a sip of his wine. He looked at her as she explained how work was good and she had been going on walks exploring a little more than just the neighborhood. “I’m glad” he said with a soft smile on his lips and then took a deep breath, clearly thinking about her question about what he was going to do after. He knew that the fact that he was going to move away would be a stress point for her. But it wasn’t like it wouldn’t be possible for them to meet.
I’ve applied for universities in London, dance mostly, but I haven’t heard from them jet, it will be announced around start June” he looked over his shoulder as the doorbell rang. “Food!” he exclaimed a little childish and jumped over the sofa’s back to get out and get the food. He came back and placed it in front of Noa.

Well, no matter what happens it still you and me against the world, don’t ever forget that” he said with a smile after pulling her into a half hug and placed a brief kiss on her temple. This evening was just what he needed. A movie, and great food.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: ... There was a fire in the kitchen   ... There was a fire in the kitchen Empty

... There was a fire in the kitchen
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Afraid of the kitchen darling
» Fire on fire
» Ignite the fire
» A song of ice and fire
» Just like fire - Razor

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum