Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

The things that keep you up at night

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Cecilia

Cecilia

Humør : Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn.
Antal indlæg : 390

The things that keep you up at night Empty
IndlægEmne: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm

He stood over her, looking down as his hand traced down her chin. She was sleeping. The way he then looked around the room and started walking around. He looked for something. It took him a few seconds before he returned to Cecilia sleeping and a sigh left his lips as he shook his head. He moved his hand to his pocket where he held a knife, and it only took seconds for him to slice her throat.

Cecilia woke up in a hurry and gasped for air. She moved her hand to her throat and then looked at her fingers. No blood, she breathed out and was about to just check the time. She grabbed her phone when she saw an alert on her phone. It was only 3.30 in the middle of the night. Someone was in the house. Cecilia had gotten a security system after Michael had told her about the supernatural, that way she would always know if someone got inside her house. She turned the volume down and opened the app. She saw him. The guy from her dream was walking around in the living room, looking, clearly searching for something. Her dreams was rarely wrong, and it hit her hard. She could hear her heart speeding up, and then she saw his gaze from the screen turn towards the stairs where she was. Cecilia dropped the phone and moved her hands to her mouth. She looked around in her room, knowing there was nowhere to hide, but she opened her drawer and took out the little flask of holy water. Cecilia crawled under her bed, not knowing anything better to do. She still had scars on her arm, but they were almost healed. A newer scar was from the vampire attack that Sebastien had saved her from. She wasn't ready to add more scars to the list. She grabbed the cross that was on her bracelet as she closed her eyes. The first person that came into her thought was Michael. "I wish you were here Michael," she meant it. She really wished he was there, it was the only time since she hadn't felt like she was in danger after she learned about this. He felt safe and she didn't know why, perhaps because he was an angel. She opened her eyes and saw a person was already in her room and she held her breath. Her heart racing faster than ever only able to see the feet of someone.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 05, 2020 8:44 pm

Michael had just returned to the bunker from a violent encounter in Southside. He stood in the bathroom in front of the sink, looking at the blood on his face in the mirror. He washed his hands to scrub off the stained blood on them when he felt a mysterious force surround him, and within seconds he found himself standing in a stranger’s bedroom. The confusion was clear to tell in his expression as he looked around him, not knowing if it was hallucination or reality. He had rarely been summoned by anyone unless it was through prayer, but that was always voluntary. Summoning was something his father had done from time to time, but he'd sensed his presence if that was the case. He then looked at the empty bed, and despite the person’s attempt to hide their breathing out of fear, he could still hear it. His gaze stayed at the bed as he realized it came from underneath it. Had this person summoned him? It seemed unlikely because if that was the case, then why would they still be hiding? But before he could contemplate further about the circumstances, he heard noises outside of the room. Michael was a strong believer of fate, so he had no doubt that he was there for this reason. “Stay in hiding until I tell you to come out,” he said to the person hiding before he opened the bedroom door, hurrying to the source of the noise when he realized that the supposed robber had left through a broken window. He then looked around the living room, at how the criminal had rummaged through everything, leaving a mess behind. At the same time, he realized that he had been here before. This was Cecilia's house. He walked closer to the window to look into the night, and when he couldn't see the culprit, he turned around to walk back to the bedroom. “It's okay to come out now. The person is gone,” he said as he stood in the door frame, looking at the space between the mattress and the floor. He'd forgotten all about the stained blood on his face as his thoughts were circling completely different things. He knew now that she had summoned him, although he wasn't so sure wether she knew of this herself. “How did you do that? Summon me?” he asked.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 05, 2020 9:01 pm

The room seemed to filled with a calming energy. She could remembered that voice. It made her breath out and think that things might just be alright. However, she stayed put till he came back. Her heart was still somewhat exploding and the adrenalin was pumping like crazy. He returned and said it was safe to come out and she crawled out from under the bed. She took a deep breath in and adjusted her clothe. His question made her frown and she returned her eyes to him as she had put the flask on the nightstand. "Summon you?" She asked confused and frowned a bit. Her heart was still racing and it took sometime till she actually looked at his face. "Are you okay?" She then asked and put the current situation in the back of her head. Cecilia walked over to him to check his face from injuries. Her shaking hands found its calm as they got placed on his jaw. Her brother had always called her the caretaker, because she always took care of others before herself. When she realizing it was just bloodstrains it didn't make her less concerned but at least he wasn't hurt. She then took her hands away from his face carefully and took a step back. "I just thought of you," she then said to answer his former question. She wasn't sure if that was what had make him show up, "I wished for you to be here.." she then confessed in a lower voice and looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry If I disturbed you." She took a deeper breath in moving her hand to the itchy little scars om the vampire bite on her neck, almost gone, but it was pretty clear what they were. "I had one of my dreams again.. only this time I think I just twisted the ending," worry with a slightly sense of panic spread in her eyes as her hand moved over her throat then resting on her collarbone.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptySøn Sep 06, 2020 10:09 pm

She seemed confused by his question, but before he could explain why he’d said it, she approached him with a worrisome expression, and he remembered that he’d yet to wash the blood off his face. “Yes, it’s-” he hesitated as she placed her hand against his jaw, not helping to think that she was Jezebel at that moment, tending to his wounds as she'd done in the past. He shifted between her eyes as he thought about this, feeling breathless from her close presence, regardless of how foolish it was. Because he was blatantly aware of the fact that it wasn't her. “They’re all healed,” he then said the moment she removed her hands from his face. Something she'd quickly figured out due to her assessment.
He arched a brow as she said that she thought of him, finding it hard to believe for some reason, but if it was true, he was certain that she had been the one summoning him. He shook his head as she apologized for doing it, but truth was, he'd showed up regardless if he knew that she was in danger. “You didn't... I'm glad that you thought of me,” he assured her. As an angel, he was obliged to help humans in need, and there was nothing more peaceful for him than to help righteous souls. But besides that, he couldn’t deny this feeling he had. It was one that wanted her, and her especially, to stay safe. He didn't know if this was due to the fact that she looked like Jezebel, but nonetheless, it was sincerely what he felt. He then moved his eyes to her neck as she scratched it, noticing bite marks on it, and he realized that she’d been bitten by a vampire. “When did that happen?” he asked, getting the feeling that she'd most likely brush it off as nothing, but he didn't like this one bit - that in-between the time of their meetings, she'd already been bitten by a vampire and had an intruder search through her house. He then moved his eyes from her neck to her eyes as she revealed that she’d had one of her dreams again, and Michael knew that she meant visions. He inhaled deeply as he imagined what she'd seen, making him that much more relieved of this newfound power of hers. “Did you see what this person looked like?” he asked, knowing that it probably wasn't something she wanted to think about, but he still had to ask.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyMan Sep 07, 2020 4:25 am

She was happy it didn't bother him, that she had brought him here. Cecilia had no idea how it worked or how she had done it, but she was happy she did. "Good," she said almost breathless and took a slightly deeper breath in. He then moved his attention to the redish wound, almost healed but the small scars were itchy. "Around a week ago, or so, I'm on vervain," she replied and breathed out. It seemed like her heart finally had found a more stable rhythm to follow. "A friend of mine was in the area, so I got away with the scare," she added with a little lifting smile. She didn't know if it was smart saying Sebastien's name in this situation, he was a vampire and it seemed weird that a vampire had helped her.  

Cecilia licked her lips to the next question and wrapped her arms around her body. She had seen that face, way to close for comfort. "Oh yeah, he was looking for something. I'm not sure what yet," she shrug and breathed out. "I'm just happy it woke me up, I'm telling you, I'll never sleep again," her hand once more moved closer to her collarbone and further up carefully caressing her neck. Her visions were getting more clear after their last meet, because now she knew she wasn't crazy. "I think he was in my former version as well. The car crash thing.. It happened.. not to me.. my cousin, but I think he was the one pulling the strings," she frowned a bit thinking about it and her heartbeat started beating heavier again. What if he was after Maeve. Cecilia felt like she was starring in a horrormovie around now.
It was way to early or late to even begin thinking about theories about this, but it had never stopped her mind from going in that lane. "I sat up a surveillance system," she went over to pick up her phone from the ground. At least she had made thought about safety after their last meeting, also after reading in his book.  She opened the app again, and found the clip from tonight. She paused it at an angle where you could at least see some of the guy's face. Cecilia showed it to Michael, who only had a few seconds before smoke came out of the phone and she had to drop it. "What the.." she looked down at the screen with an emoji going shh as it just went  black. "Dude got a flair for dramatic exits huh," now they couldn't really take it to the police, not that it mattered Michael was here. "You've seen this guy before?" She looked up at Michael and held her breath.  
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyFre Sep 11, 2020 4:05 pm

He was happy to hear that she’d taken a precaution and that her friend had been nearby to help her after the attack. But still, he wished she'd never had to go through such experiences altogether. He looked up for a moment, towards the window, wondering what she had that was of value to this person. “Yeah,” he agreed in an exhale. If she hadn’t woken up, she most likely wouldn’t have summoned him, and the prophecy would have become a reality. “I will stay with you tonight, in case he decides to come back,” he said, returning his eyes to her to confirm that it was okay with her. He could only imagine that she didn't want to be alone after this incident, especially seeing that she wasn't going to get any more sleep. He frowned as she revealed that she’d seen him in her last vision as well, making this a more concerning issue than he'd originally thought. But without knowing anything about the person’s motives, it was impossible to know what his agenda was. But causing a car crash seemed extremely severe. “ I’m so sorry. Is she okay?” he asked, still confused about how it all was related. “Do you have any idea why anyone would do this to you or your family?” he asked, knowing that it might be a long shot, but the sooner they figured that out, the easier it would be for them to prevent any more from getting hurt.

He leaned slightly closer to the phone as she showed it to him, looking at the dark figure from her surveillance camera until he saw his face. His eyes widened slightly as he realized who he was, and that was when smoke appeared from the device and she dropped it on the floor. He narrowed his eyes as he saw the strange face on the phone before it then went pitch-black. He looked back at her as she commented on his dramatic exit, or rather, the way he’d hacked into her surveillance system. “Yes, I do,” he replied, looking away from her with a contemplating expression, wondering why Joseph was after her family. But it could hardly mean anything good. “His name is Joseph… I've known him for a long time, and our relationship is very on and off. I only seek him out if I need his help, and for the remaining time, I hate his guts,” he explained honestly, trying to think back on whether he’d ever talked about anything relating to this human family. And he was fairly sure he hadn't. “Have you seen other visions about him?” he asked, returning his eyes to Cecilia.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyFre Sep 11, 2020 4:42 pm

He said he would stay with her for the rest of the night, and she nodded silently. She didn't want to be in his way if he needed to be anywhere, but also she didn't want to be alone right now. Cecilia knew herself that she would just end up trying to fix the situation, even though she knew she couldn't really call anyone about it till tomorrow. The question about if Maeve was okay made her nod again, just more to confirm that she was fine. "She escaped with a scare and a broken arm, her biggest problem is to sit still the next few weeks," she chuckled a little thinking about it. Her and Maeve were both quite the workaholics. "But no, I can't think about anyone. We usually don't create that big trouble," she added and took a deeper breath in. Of course her father worked with the police, maybe that was the case or their friend in the Cowan firm.

Cecilia could feel her heart race faster again and she had a theory that, the only reason she could be this calm, was because of Michael being here. His aura was strong and kept her heart from running too far away from her. Cecilia could see the answer in his eyes before he confirmed he knew the guy. Joseph.. Worry pumped around in her system and a thunderstorm of fear was luring in the dark trying to grab her. However, she tried to remain just a little bit calm even though her shaking hands told a different story. "So you hate his guts is telling me I already hate his guts too," she mumbled and closed her eyes for a second to take a deeper breath in. "Not that I can recall," it was still hard to tell apart a dream from a vision and it was not often she had them during the day. It was still weird having to navigate in the supernatural world, even more now that she felt like she also had to make sure nothing hurt Maeve.
"He made a mess downstairs didn't he?" She then asked twisting the conversation to something she could at least focus on. She had to think about something else, just for a few minutes at least. "I should clean it up," she rubbed her forehead and took a sharper breath in. "Will you help me?" She asked walking closer to the door looking back at him. She was clearly still in some state of shock, and she just needed something to do.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyFre Sep 11, 2020 6:33 pm

She was lucky to have survived a crash with a scar and a broken arm, not helping to think of how his last wife had died from said incident. But still, it didn’t justify the fact that the car crash might have been planned to happen. He smiled briefly at her comment about her cousin needing to sit still for the next few weeks, recognizing it all too well from himself. It was like an impossible task for him, to sit around and do nothing. “I know that feeling,” he said, still with the faint hint of a smile on his face. And as she said that she didn’t know any reason for him to go after them, he just nodded. Hopefully, they’d figure out the reason sooner rather than later.

With good reason,” he pointed out for her shared opinion on Joseph. “He can be extremely dangerous. But it’s like that saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer,” he said. At least that was somewhat how he viewed their relationship, despite how complicated it was. She didn’t recall any more visions of him, which he saw as a good sign. Because so far, the two visions she’d had were nothing but bad. He glanced at the doorframe to the hallway when she asked if he’d made a mess downstairs, nodding once to confirm that he indeed had. He looked back at her as she said that she should clean it up and knowing that none of them were getting any sleep tonight, he figured they might as well do that. “Of course,” he replied. But he first walked towards the bathroom to wash his face, cleaning off the blood. He inhaled a deep breath as he looked at himself in the mirror with water dripping down from his face, collecting all the thoughts in his mind. He then exhaled, looking down into the sink to make sure that he hadn’t left any blood inside of it before he dried his face in a towel. He joined her in the living room afterward, looking around at the mess he’d made. “Are you sure you don't have an object of value, perhaps a family heirloom?” he asked, speculating about what he could be after. He then started to pick up a few items near a cabinet, placing them carefully inside of it, although a few of the items had broken, so he left those on the floor for later disposal.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyFre Sep 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Extremely dangerous was all she heard and her heart seemed to never stop beating heavily. Despite this, she couldn't really bring her mind to focus on it, everything about her was almost a blur but she intended to function. Cecilia had almost forgot about the blood on his face, and it wasn't till she watched him walk out to wash it off she remembered it. She looked around at the mess in the living room, the shattered glass on the wooded floors and books, papers every where. Frames called down from the walls, it was lucky that she wasn't a time of person to have way to much stuff that could break easily. Cecilia took a deeper breath in, not knowing where she should begin. It seemed like an endless nightmare of chaos and her feet was planted right in it. She walked over to the window here this Joseph seemed to have made his great escape. Cecilia closed her eyes for at second to take deeper breath in and started collecting the books and other stuff up from the ground. Clearly he was searching for something. She sat down placing her forearms on her thigh and sighed heavily to herself. Cecilia knew she needed to find a way to secure her house so it didn't happen again.

Her head turned around letting the high ponytail follow her head's movement, planting her doe eyes on Michael once again. His face was free from the blood, and she wondered what had went on before she had summoned him. His question made her frown a bit about heirlooms as she knew her mother had told so many stories in the past. Stories she never had thought to much about. However, she was sure she believed Zitora when she told there was something speciel about Maeve. That thought let her to believe that he might have been here because of Maeve. She looked around and got up on her feet as took another deep breath in. "I can't really think right now," she admitted finally breathing out and looked at Michael as she gently wrapped her arms around herself again. She had just watched herself die, and even though it was just a 'dream' or a possible vision, it still felt so real to her. It helped that Michael was here, it seemed like he even had been the one scaring this Joseph off. "Sorry, my head is a bit messy right now," she looked around herself and the remaining mess, the broken things.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 12, 2020 6:40 pm

He placed a few more objects in her cabinet, before he turned around, seeing the distress in her expression as she’d sat down. He hated to see her like that, even if he knew that it wasn’t truly her. “It’s okay,” he said as he approached her with slow steps. Only to walk right past her to the window. After all, she had a lot on her mind already, and this only complicated things further. He lifted his hand into the air, moving the pieces of glass with his air manipulation to the window and using his thermal manipulation to seal them back in place to each other, fixing her window at last - as if nothing had broken it, to begin with. “But if Joseph is the sole mind behind this… operation. I might be able to figure out what he’s after,” he said as he finished up the window. It was far from certain, but he and Joseph went far back. And they’d helped each other quite a lot throughout the ages. Michael also knew that for most of that time, Joseph had wicked plans in mind, but they were rarely completely destructive and corruptive in comparison to some of his other enemies.
He turned around as the window had been fixed before he walked closer to the wall to pick up a frame from the floor. He looked at it for a moment before he hung it back up on the nail on the wall, gently adjusting it to a straight position. He then turned around to face her, looking at her across the dark room. “And the summoning… You’ve never done that before?” he asked. Of course, it made sense that it’d only occur in the most severe of situations, but he still wondered if she hadn’t summoned anything minor in the past.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Its okay, she kept trying to remind herself of that, however, her mind seemed to not being settled with that just yet. He walked closer to her and further over to the window. Her big brown eyes followed his movement and looked how he was capable of fixing the window. It looked so easy and it made her hold her breath for a few seconds to long, which wasn't the best idea, but who could really blame her. Michael once again mentioned this Joseph guy, other than the information she had gotten he didn't seemed to worried about him. Not other than they needed to find out what he wanted, which was easier said than done. "Would be great.. if we figured that out, would mean less to worry about at least," she breathed out heavily and scratched the top of her head for a second. She found herself collapse on the sofa and she kept her gaze at Michael. It was quite dark, but staying in the dark for so long, her eyes were adjusting just a little. "I might.. honestly. I'm not sure of much lately," she confessed and sighed. There might have been a few times after she moved here, where girls her age were super into contacting ghosts and spirits. They had had one spooky night, and now Cecilia began to wonder if she really had summoned an evil spirit that night. She massaged her left knee, always feeling her knee tense up whenever she was stressed. The scars was old from a car crash when she was a teenager, but they were still there reminding her what had happened. Her fingers felt cold against her skin, reminding her to calm down. Her eyes still gazing at Michael reminding her to blink. "Thank you.. for fixing the window.. and staying. You didn't have to."
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 19, 2020 9:39 pm

He nodded as she said it’d be great if he could figure it out, but even then, he wondered whether she truly had no idea herself. It didn’t seem like Joseph to intrude in a stranger’s home unless he had a thought-out plan or objective in relation to it. In this case, it seemed like he wanted to obtain some sort of valuable object. He couldn’t blame Cecilia for not knowing what this object was, but if she did, it would have made it a lot easier for them to figure out. Michael could of course reach out to him, but if he could avoid a meeting with the hybrid, then that was by far preferred.
He lowered his gaze as she collapsed on the couch. And as she replied that she might have summoned things in the past, he tilted his head slightly. After all, wouldn’t it become quite apparent if she had summoned something? But her saying that she wasn’t sure of much let him know that her mind was racing with thoughts, so he figured it was better to keep the elaborate questions to a minimum for the time being. His eyes followed her hand to her knee where he discovered a rather large scar before he looked back at her face when she thanked him. “Of course,” he said, walking a few steps closer to her to sit down in a chair next to the couch. It was what any angel would have done, and he was merely lucky to carry abilities that in combination could fix her window. “He might still be around. After all, who knows if he got what he came for,” he said, looking straight at the window he fixed and into the night outside. “And if he didn’t, he will most likely return,” he continued calmly and returned his gaze to her. “Do you own a weapon?” he asked, just as casual as if he’d asked her any ordinary question. But he only asked because he deemed it necessary for her to be in possession of something that she could use to protect herself.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptySøn Sep 20, 2020 10:44 am

She turned her head towards him as he sat down next to her. Cecilia's mind was thinking about so many things and the train hadn't passed the fact he just magically had fixed her window - also she needed something to freak out about later. She wasn't thrilled about this Joseph guy could just pop in whenever he wanted. What kind of creature was he even? She took a sharp breath in, thinking that he could be back. "I will just need to anti Joseph proof my house," she sighed a bit and looked shortly around. Cecilia wanted her home to be her safe place and Joseph had just made it feel unsafe. She was thinking there had to be a way to keep him away. Her eyes returned to his as she felt he looked over at her, however she frowned by the odd question. The way he asked, it seemed so normal for him. Asking people about weapons and the supernatural. She wished it was this natural for her, but it was far from. Every time anyone mentioned a vampire or another creature she still felt like there was so much to learn. "Other than my wit and sweet charm?" She replied and chuckled by herself, "to early for sarcasm?" she let herself fall back and felt how the couch catch her. "I don't," she then replied more serious. Cecilia knew how to handle medical instruments and stuff like that, but it wasn't really anything she would rely on in a normal fight. "And how am I supposed to keep him from returning or try to break in other places," of course she was worried about her family. Maeve still lived home and there was young kids in that household, the same with her brother Tyler, and she wasn't going to let this psycho break in if she could stop it.  
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyFre Sep 25, 2020 6:04 pm

In that case, you’ll need a stronger warding than your current surveillance system,” he said as he glanced around the living room, thinking of ways that she could protect her house better. He had heavily warded the bunker, despite it already being hard to find, and so far, none of his enemies had been able to find it. “But for that you’ll need someone who can perform magic, so perhaps your best chance is to ward it with holy symbols,” he said thoughtfully as it seemed to be the easiest solution. However, one could never feel completely safe from guys like Joseph or Michael. Not if they had the determination to attain something important to them. “Joseph is a Siphoner, he's half-vampire and half-witch,” he explained as he thought that it'd be better if she knew more about him, considering that she'd most likely meet him again. Whatever the circumstances. “He has this ability to control the nervous system, and siphon powers or magic from others,” he added in a serious tone as he returned his eyes to her. Emphasizing that she'd be wise to avoid any direct confrontation with the hybrid.

He chuckled briefly at her joking response, glad that she tried to keep her spirits up despite the situation. “Honestly, when it comes to Joseph, that might just help,” he said. But as she replied that she didn’t, he nodded slowly. At the same time contemplating what kind of weapon, he should give her. Perhaps one that would paralyze the intruder rather than do actual harm. After all, he didn't want to get on the bad side of Joseph now they had come to a somewhat agreeable stage of their relationship. He then looked from her to the window as she asked how she was supposed to prevent him from breaking into other places. “You can’t,” he said. If Joseph set his mind to it, there wasn’t much she could do to prevent another intrusion. Of course, summoning Michael was one way to do this, but he couldn’t dedicate all his time to keeping her and her family safe. And he doubted that sending another angel to watch over them would do much of a difference.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyLør Sep 26, 2020 6:44 pm

The foundation of her mountain started to fall apart slowly, and she felt utterly helpless. Magic, holy symbols, a siphoner who could enter whenever he wanted. Cecilia had only been in this world of magic for around a month and it was still overwhelming. Her eyes widened when Michael told her about this Joseph person's abilities, and it didn't stop her fear from running around in panic. Cecilia wasn't surprised that he had abilities like that, from her vision he was already the perfect supervillain. She took a deep breath in as he returned his eyes to hers. The big doe eyes looked so lost and frustrated about everything, because she was and the raw emotion was hard to hide. Cecilia could be impulsive enough to try keeping the hybrid away, but Michael's eyes told her that perhaps that might be a bad idea. She had been lucky with that Flynn guy from the hospital, if he had reacted differently then perhaps, she wouldn't be sitting here right now.

Humor had always kept her from falling completely apart, and she disliked it when over saw her for someone who couldn't take care of herself.  The given response to her little remark made her pick up ideas on how to approach this Joseph if he ever showed his face again. Cecilia had seen way to many movies and tv shows to know that guys like that, didn't just go door to door without wanting something. "Noted," she breathed out. She closed her eyes for a short moment, but it was like the nights event kept showing up for her eyes. She opened them again, when Michael confirmed there was nothing she could do. It was possibly the worst thing she could hear right now, but at least it was honest. She shook her head a bit. "There has to be something," she mumbled to herself and looked around the living room. She remembered from the book that witches were unable to preform magic under a new moon, so if someone could unitize that kind of lunar energy - they could create a magic free zone - of course that couldn't stop a vampire from stepping in. She cupped her head with her hands and ran them over her face in a sigh. "You want coffee?" She then asked a few minutes after and broke the silence. She needed to do something other than endless thinking and worrying - even though she had perfected that skill a long time ago.

Cecilia got up from the couch and walked out to the kitchen to put on the kettle. She found a little note book and started writing things down she needed to get done. Everything from getting the living room cleaned up, to find a way to make sure Joseph couldn't break in again, to get a new phone since the other now was toast and just breathe. Cecilia placed her elbows on the kitchen table and folded her hands tightly together.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptySøn Sep 27, 2020 1:14 pm

He looked out the window for a prolonged time as he considered the situation more thoroughly. Perhaps, he had sounded insensible, but it was merely due to the vast complication of it. And more so, the risk of her getting into danger by doing something about it. “Yes, there are things you could do, that’s not what I mean. All I’m saying is that it’s impossible for you to protect everyone,” he clarified as he returned his eyes to her. He understood why she didn’t want to sit around and do nothing. But in this case, he was afraid that the extra assurance and security, wouldn’t outweigh the increased danger and risk involved. And even if she did manage to prevent a break-in from the Siphoner, granted that he wouldn’t just siphon the magic connected to the warding, then he would most likely just send another person in to do his dirty work. He exhaled slowly at all those thoughts before he turned his eyes to her face and leaned slightly forward. “Cecilia, I promise I won’t stand by to watch him harm you or anyone in your family,” he said in a sincere tone. He didn’t believe God had sent him here tonight if he wasn’t meant to help them in some way and protect them from the evil that was Joseph. “But he is very powerful, and I’d rather not see you risk your life by challenging him. So, whatever you do, only do it as a means of defense or protection,” he said. He didn’t think she’d be foolhardy enough to go up against a guy like him, but he still wanted to be sure that she realized how dangerous it would be if she decided to do so.

He nodded as his reply when she offered coffee. And as she walked out of the living room to the kitchen, he turned his gaze back to the window. He had faith that his Father had a plan with this and that Michael was a part of that, but right he felt overwhelmed by the many struggles and events in his life. As if he'd never get time for it all. After a few moments, he got up from his seat and walked towards the kitchen. He stopped in the doorframe as he saw Cecilia with folded hands before he leaned one shoulder against the doorframe. “What is this other place you’re worried about him breaking into?
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptySøn Sep 27, 2020 2:24 pm

She nodded slowly as he confirmed that it he wasn't going to stand by, incase he would cause any harm. It made her feel a little calmer, because then she at least wasn't standing in it alone. "I will stay clear from him. I promise," she then replied as she breathed out. Even if he was likely to come back, she wouldn't do anything to challenge him. If Michael said he was powerful and dangerous, she believed him to tell the truth.

Her mind was still racing with everything and she barely realized he had stopped in the doorframe. It wasn't till he spoke that she moved her gaze over to him. "It's not just one other place, it's two places. My brother Tyler has three kids, small kids, I don't want him to get mingled up in this," she gently stood up and wrapped her arms around herself. "Then my cousins, there is children in that household as well. I don't even want to imagine what he possibly could do if they look wrongly at him," she added with a even more worried expression in her eyes. "I have a friend.. or Maeve and I.. have a friend in the police force as well, I might be able to get him to look after Maeve and her brothers, " she breathed out and took the pen up to write a reminder to call Ethan in the morning. She took out two mugs and got the instant coffee. She put in two teaspoons of coffee in each mug before poured the water. "So other than helping people from dangerous hybrids and other stuff. What do you like to do for fun?" She then asked as she handed him the warm mug. It was nice thinking and talking about something else for a little while.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptySøn Sep 27, 2020 9:08 pm

He understood why she was worried about him breaking into their homes as well, especially if this was connected to her whole family rather than an individual or two. He knew far too well of this concern himself due to his enemies persisting attempts to target his family as a way to hurt Michael. He nodded as she talked of her contact in the police. “Then I’ll send an angel to look over your brother’s family, at least until the threat has diminished,” he insisted. It felt like the least he could do to lessen her concern regarding the situation.

He moved away from the doorframe as she asked him a different question. One that he didn’t get asked too often. Or at least not from people who knew who he was. So after he’d taken the mug, he took a moment to consider it. Trying to remember the last time he’d ever done something for fun. “Well, my responsibilities as an archangel take up most of my time… but if I do get the time to do something else, I don’t know, I guess I like to travel and learn about the history and culture of a place, particularly its legends and myths, and other than that I suppose I'm drawn to most activities relating to the outdoors… but most of all, if I do get any spare time, I like to spend as much of it as I can with my family,” he said staring a bit into the air as he thought about his family, of how happy his children had been when he’d come home and decided to take them somewhere fun, or how peaceful it was to talk and joke with his brothers about the most random things. Nothing brought him more joy than to spend his spare time with his loved ones. What mattered wasn't as much the activity as it was the people he was with. “There’s still a lot of activities I haven’t tried because, to be honest, I never really allow myself to have fun. There's always work to be done, and there will always be people needing help” he said. However, he wouldn’t change it for a thing. He loved the work he did. “What about you?” he asked as he returned his eyes to her, sincerely interested to know what she considered fun. At least, it was his belief that humans tended to enjoy life more than immortal beings.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyTirs Sep 29, 2020 4:11 pm

She knew what it was like having work that took up most of the time. Cecilia was ambitious and was known to take on way more than she should.  She warmed her hands as she looked at him consider her question before he replied. A smirk founds it’s way slowly up on her lips as she listened to him. Cecilia could relate to most of the things he mentioned. Her family was one of her most valuable treasures and she liked spending her time with them. It was sad that there still were things he hadn’t tried out, but honestly, there were even more adventures people out in the world than Cecilia. Her life felt quite mundane if she had to explain it. Before she really could reply to his words, the question had returned to her. Cecilia took a deeper breath in and narrowed her eyes as her mind began to think. “I enjoy travelling, it comes with visiting the family I have in Bulgaria, however, other cultures have always brought great curiosity into my life. Sadly, I don’t have nearly enough time for it,” she confessed and took a few steps back to sit on the kitchen counter behind her. “I like driving up to my brother to visit him and his family. I spend quite a lot time with Maeve, she is basically more my sister than my cousin,” she added with a warmer smile on her face by that thought. Maeve was like a younger sister to Cecilia, perhaps also a reason Cecilia felt so protective towards her.  “Along with that my free time is spend with them or friend,” it was the basic answer though and she knew that. “I do like to cook when I have time and spend time in my garden, I feel so much more connected to nature when I get my fingers in the dirt. I don’t know if that sounds silly or somewhat insane,” she chuckled a little by herself, but it didn’t change that she meant what she said. “Oh, and i'm ambassador for a new campaign to help protect the world’s sharks, Oceana.
That was a few things about her, but she was passionate.
“You said you haven’t tried many activities, is there one thing you would love to try if you had to time?"
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyTirs Sep 29, 2020 9:49 pm

The mention of traveling tempted him to ask where she wanted to go, and he almost did when he was reminded that she didn’t have time for it. He walked a few steps closer to her as she sat on the kitchen counter, making her height more equal to his. It seemed like family meant a lot to her as well, and that she considered time with them one of her priorities. He assumed that her cousin, Maeve, had been the one she’d talked about before. The one who’d been in the car accident. He moved his gaze around the kitchen as she said she liked to cook, something that he’d never been good at, although he had gotten better from the many homecooked meals he'd prepared for Erin. He returned his gaze to her as she added that she liked gardening, and he shook his head lightly at her comment. “It doesn’t. That’s one of the reasons I like to be in nature as well… it’s the only place where I can get remotely close to forgetting the world around me,” he said. That level of peacefulness was hard to come by in today’s world. And surely, with a job like hers, she needed some way to de-stress.

He raised his brows as she added that she was an ambassador to help protect sharks. “That’s great,” he said with a faint smile on his lips. “What made you get into that?” he asked, thinking that she probably had a reason behind choosing to protect sharks and being the ambassador of the campaign. He raised the mug to his lips, tweaking its temperature slightly before he took a sip of it. Her next question made him think for a moment. “I’ve always wanted to visit an amusement park or fair of some kind,” he admitted. At least he had the impression that people who went to those places had a very good time. He had considered bringing his children to one in the past, but he’d never gotten around to it. “I have also never been to a karaoke bar or tried a video game,” he added. To be honest, he didn’t exactly know how common any of those activities were. He’d just seen it in movies or passed by it on his travels.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyOns Sep 30, 2020 11:00 am

"I’ve been fascinated by sharks for a while. They used to scare me, but once I realized what amazing creatures they are," she replied to the question. Cecilia's brother's wife had some friends that had made it possible. "I knew I needed to lend my voice to Oceana’s campaign. So I did," she added med a brighter smile.
Cecilia took a sip of the warm coffee as he replied to her question. It was a long time since she had visited an amusement park with other than her cousins or Tyler's children. "Then I challenge you to karaoke sometime," she replied to his answer and took another sip of her coffee. "There is a great place here in Aston." There was an amusement park in Grounds of Lily, but usually the yearly autumn festival had some fun activity. Autumn was one of her favorite seasons, it was always so cozy and brought people together. Talking about something else helped her mind come at ease, at least for the time being. Cecilia was thankful that Michael was here now, she wouldn't even begin to imagine how she would have reacted if she had been here by herself right now.
"Also, I've heard they are setting up a haunted house in the park here in Aston for Halloween," she wondered shortly if it had any magic to it. Now that she was aware of the supernatural was she ever going to stop thinking twice about her actions? "Not that I think it will frighten you, but it could be fun." He seemed somewhat fearless, but no one was fearless when they cared so much about their family. She also knew he was quite busy, they both were, but she couldn't help wanting to know him more.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyOns Sep 30, 2020 9:17 pm

They really are,” he agreed. Even though he’d most likely agree with all God’s creations to be exactly that. Amazing. And animals weren’t granted morals like humans, making them neutral and innocent. For that reason, he was only pleased to see that some humans cared to protect them from human-created damage upon nature.
He chuckled as she challenged him to karaoke sometime. “You don’t say,” he said as she added that there was a great place in Aston, not giving him much of an excuse not to try it. “All right challenge accepted,” he said, not thinking she intended to make him keep his word. But either way, it probably wouldn’t be the worst thing to try if he ever got the time.

He raised his brows as she mentioned a haunted house in the park, having been to many haunted houses in the past. Although never one that was set-up to scare people on Halloween. However, it was yet another thing he was curious to see. If not just to enjoy the autumn festival that he assumed it was connected to. “Well, if you’d like to go with me, I’d love to see it,” he said as he looked into her eyes, hoping that she wouldn't mind going with him. “And feel free to invite your nephews or nieces, or whoever you think might enjoy it as well,” he added, not exactly sure how adult or kid-friendly that kind of festival would be. And he didn't care much either way, as long as he went with someone who’d been to those kinds of events before. He took another sip of his coffee as he imagined what other activities the festival would have. “What about you? Is there something you have always wanted to try but haven't?
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night EmptyTors Okt 08, 2020 7:27 pm

People often thought Cecilia never hold promises like that against them, but oh, she did. And someday when time fit, she would make it happen. Cecilia could use some none serious event and just relax a little for a chance - no matter how much you enjoyed your work, you needed time to breathe away from the world's worries. Cecilia softly tilted her head a little to the side as he asked if she would company him to the haunted house - what also included the autumn festival. "I would love to," she responded with a warmer smile. "I will see what I can make possible," she added shortly after. Cecilia didn't know her brother's plans for autumn or when they were going to be in town - but she did know her brother was eager to let his sister babysit.

The question about what she wanted to try in life made her blink shortly. Her eyes widened a bit as her mind tried to find an answer to the question. There was so much stuff she never had tried and much she had tried. "When I was a child I wanted to travel the world, before studies and work took up all my spare time. I always wanted to visit the Galapagos islands I can only imagine it is incredible," she replied and folded her lips a little. "And take a road trip around New Zealand. Just being on the road and see everything, seems so unrealistic to get away from the noisy city life." It seemed unreal to think about ever having time or room for such trips, and it was possible that it was just dreams. "Imagining ridning horses on the beach while watching the sunrise does sound all ways of perfect as well. But yeah, you know, work comes first."
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: The things that keep you up at night   The things that keep you up at night Empty

The things that keep you up at night
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» You owe me a lot of things CW/TW
» Certain Things
» Maybe one should try new things once in a while
» I can't say the right things
» One must always try new things

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum