Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

Humør : Shut up, sit down and listen... Cunt.
Fag : Chemistry
Antal indlæg : 105

To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  Empty
IndlægEmne: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyOns Aug 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Destination | Hope Gardens nr. 2, Aston
Weather | Cloudy, drizziling
Attire | Big knitted sweater and dark jeans
Date | 13th of September

WARNING | Violence

Mary-Jane had just gotten home from school and placed her backpack on the floor close to the dinner table. “Hey grandma, I’m home,” she called out to the older woman, Starla, who had seemed to be getting better for a while now. There was no reply which made Mary-Jane frown a little and with her mouth a little sharp, she without a word went to knock on the door to her room, “Grandma?” she asked, but there was no sound of her. She opened the room, fearing that her grandma had passed away when she suddenly could hear a flushing sound from the toilet. How had she managed to get out there? She looked around and was on her way to dose her medicine when she noticed it wasn’t there. She quickly turned around and knocked on the door "Grandma?" she said a little louder, hearing another flush. She chose to open the door and found her grandma on her knees and opening bottle after bottle pouring out pills and liquid medicin into the toilet. Mary-Jane jumped at her trying to get the bottle out of her hand "Grandma, stop! Don't do that! Don't do that!"
"No! Stop, stop! Leave me alone!" the old lady screamed.
"It's your medicine!“ Mary-Jane cried and tried to push her grandmother away, only to have the liquid seeping down her wrist and down into the toilet. Quickly she let go of her grandmother and tried to grap the other bottles of medicine and get up.
"Give it back!" The grandmother threw herself after the granddaughter, screaming. Mary-Jane managed not to get caught and ran out to the grandmother's bedroom only to put down the medicine on the nearest table. As if her grandmother was possessed, she got up from the floor and ran towards Mary-Jane, "Give it back!“ she screamed and tried to reach over the small girl to get to her medicine.
"No, grandma! Let go!“ Mary-Jane tried and grabbed her grandmother's wrists. She didn't want to hurt her grandmother, even though she easily could make her fall and yield. Her mother gave up on getting the medicine so she could flush it and pulled her arms back running towards the door which lead to the rest of the house. "No! Grandma!" The young shapeshifter feared what chaos her grandmother was capable of right now, and there was no way she was getting out on the streets. She was quick to catch up to the old lady and turn her around. "Why would you do that?" she questioned already quite heartbroken.
"I hate that stuff," she growled and pointed at the bottles on the table, "and I hate you!“ both things hurt Mary-Jane insanely. How could she say something like that? The medicine kept her sane and alive, and Mary-Jane looked after her so much. She even bathed her!
"Do you have any idea what I go through to take care of you? To get your medicine? It's not that easy," she explained almost whimpering.
"Good! I want it gone!“ she yelled "I wanna go back home!“
“This is home!“
“No it's not! I wanna go back to where I was before!" the old lady cried.
"Scotland? You wanna go back to Scotland? To Amy?" The Scottish accent was thicker than blood and definately filled with sorrow.
"No, not to Amy, before that! Before, before“ she cried and pulled her self and her hands away from Mary-Jane. "Before!“ she screamed and slapped Mary-Jane's cheek and was about to pull her hand back to give her another one before she realized what she had done, and that they had gotten company. Like a scarred cat she ran towards her room and closed the door. Mary-Jane stood with her back to the door and was so shocked by what had just happened that she didn't even notice the smell of her sister. She could feel how the hand mark on her cheek stung like hell slowly getting redder and redder.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Iris

Iris

Humør : I came out here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.
Fag : Art | Literature | Philosophy | Chemistry | Math | Swimming
Antal indlæg : 135

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyOns Aug 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Iris was walking home from school, she had still problems with coming home. Especially after what had happened with her father, Oscar and her. She hadn’t forgiven him nor Cassian for doing that to her, and at this point the only reason she kept coming back and right away was to help Mary-Jane.

Something was wrong, she could hear the yelling before she had even walked through the front door. Iris grabbed the straps of her schoolbag and picked up her pace. The screams became louder as she finally found her keys and started opening the door and walked in. She didn’t even take her time getting of her shoes and just threw her backpack on the floor without noticing where. Then she walked straight towards the big room between the hallway that connected the rooms, and the big living room. Just as she stepped in, she saw how her grandmother’s hand connected Mary-Jane’s cheek. Iris eyes widened. “Jane” she whispered to get her attention as she walked towards her sister.

Jane, what can I do?” she asked placing a gentle hand on her shoulder before taking it away again. Knowing very well how her sister had it with being touched.
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyOns Aug 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Her eyes and cheek was burning, and she didn’t fully register her big sisters whisper. She just stood frozen and looked towards Starla’s room. None of this felt real. She had never seen her grandmother like this, and it was scary. Starla hated her medicine. She didn’t want to be here. But the thing that hurt her the most was that Starla hated her. It was going on repeat in her head.

She heard her sisters question as a low murmer, as if she was whispering from the other end of the room. But she stood right next to her. She felt the hand on her shoulder and immediately moved her shoulder away making her torso turn a bit more towards Iris. Mary-Jane didn’t even wish to look her sister in the eyes. “Nothing,” she mouthed, but her voice was so low that it almost couldn’t be heard. “She doesn’t want to be here,” her voice was a little easier to hear, “She hates her medicine,” the shoulders lifted in an hopeless shrug, “If she hates it that much… Maybe she shouldn’t have it,” she said and finally looked up at her big sister. Big tears threatened to run down her cheeks. “She hates me,” she tried to pull a smile, but failed immediately. To Mary-Jane words meant a lot to her. Words, and quality time. This was also one of the reasons she felt so close to their grandmother. Mary-Jane used almost all of her time with her grandmother. Talking to her, reading out loud or simply just moving her lips around when she laid in bed all day. A tear rolled down her freckled cheek and she was quick to dry it away quite violently on her bruised cheek. “She hasn’t gotten her medicine yet, but I don’t think we should disturb her right now,” she sank a lump and dried another tear of the less red cheek. The tears were sparse.
Iris

Iris

Humør : I came out here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyFre Aug 27, 2021 6:33 am

Jane” Iris tried to get through to her sister as the spiral of hurt thoughts started to form in the younger sisters head. They knew it would get bad, that was what it was like with Alzheimer’s. It didn’t get better, and the good days would come further and further apart. She understood that Mary-Jane would rather keep her here, but there would come a time where Starla needed a fulltime nurse and not just a family member. No matter how well Jane did her job, it still shouldn’t be her doing it.

She doesn’t hate you Jane” finally Iris took her sisters shoulder and tried to get eye contact. “Listen to me” Iris tried in a stern voice as her brows creased towards each other. “This, this is the sickness talking, the beast inside of her head that is eating away the grandma we once knew, and you cannot let yourself remember that grandma, even though it’s the one we have left” it was hard on Iris too, she wanted nothing more than to help her in one way or another. Especially since their grandmother had been so much more involved in their childhood than their own mother. “Please remember I love you” Iris said with a voice that was clearly filled with sorrow. Not only for the fact that their grandmother wasn’t doing any better. But this had happened to Jane, the last person in the world Iris felt like deserved that.
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyFre Aug 27, 2021 9:54 am

Things would only go downhill from now on. Honestly, it had only been going downhill for a long time. Mary-Jane just hadn’t been willing to realize it. She swallowed a stone dry lump in her throat as her sister reassured her that their grandmother didn’t hate her. Her eyes blinked a couple of times, irritated by the tears in her eyes. The hand on her shoulder made her feel smaller and more vulnerable. She looked back up at Iris as she told her to listen. It was difficult to listen and understand what was said, when all you could see, hear and feel was hurt. Starla was after all the only friend that Mary-Jane had been able to bring with her no matter where they went. Yes, Iris was also a friend, but she always told herself that it was part of being sisters. She nodded slowly as Iris explained that the sickness their grandmother had was eating away the one, they knew. She looked down as Iris reminded her to remember the grandmother they once had, even though it could be difficult, now that they only got the unstable one left.
She sniffled a little and let her hand stroke the bottom of her own nose, “I know,” she responded when Iris said that she loved her. Mary-Jane still felt she got smaller and smaller by the hand on her shoulder. It was incredible how little Mary-Jane appreciated physical touch. She didn’t even want a hug. She looked up, blinking a couple of times, trying to get the tears away again. “I just-” she sniffled a bit before she looked back into Iris eyes, “I wish she wouldn’t go through this,” she pulled her shoulder a little away. She didn’t care as much that she, herself, was going through all of this. She was more worried about Starla. “But I just can’t help her,” she sobbed, “She won’t get better,” she continued feeling how the eyes struggled to stay open in a ugly pained grimace. She placed her hands at her temples, then covering her nose and mouth and lastly only one hand covered the mouth.
Iris

Iris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptySøn Aug 29, 2021 12:03 pm

It was always difficult finding out what people need when they were upset. Especially when it came to people like Mary-Jane that didn’t like to be touched, or at least didn’t find the comfort in being hugged when sad. So, it was hard for Iris, just standing there watching how her sister pulled away clearly in distress and she couldn’t do what she would normally do. Iris listened to what Jane told her, how she tried to push through the pain and explain what she was feeling. It was clear that all she wanted to do was just hide away and not really deal with it. “MJ” she tried to get her sisters attention; her brows pressed together in a pained expression. She had seen Mary-Jane lying in bed sickly where she had been the one looking after her. She had been mad, worried, and hurt. Because she had no way of helping her and her father had been away on business, her mother didn’t want to help and Starla had been the only one that had tried to do as much as she could. But there hadn’t been much other than relying on the medicine from the doctors. “I understand what you are going through, but putting all of this on your own shoulders” Iris shook her head “this isn’t your fault, we just have to do our best and be there with her in her good moments and help her through the bad” Iris hugged her hands against each other. “Can I do anything; do you want to go to your room? I’ll make you a cup of tea, and come in with it too you, maybe I could call Artemis?” she asked, knowing how much Mary-Jane had liked to spend time with her. And to be honest, even though it was weird seeing her walking around looking like their mom. She had been more of a mom than Amy had ever been.

I’ll make grandma take her medicine today, okay?
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyOns Sep 01, 2021 6:00 pm

She could hear her sister call her name, even though it felt like she was so far away. She stood right there, right within arm’s reach. Her sister tried to calm her down with words and she dried her cheeks a little with few sobs. Mary-Jane did put a lot of thing son her shoulders, and often didn’t want people to help her with handling her own problems. She wanted to show that she was strong, and people needn’t worry. She nodded a bit as her sister told her that it wasn’t her fault and that they should enjoy the good times. She sniffled a bit.
Iris started to mention a couple of things she could do for her, and she started to collect herself a bit, having to think about the opportunities – but as she mentioned could call someone she interrupted, “No,” she wailed and wrapped her arms around herself. She didn’t care who it was. A nurse, their dad, Artemis, none of it would help. Or a nurse and Killian would probably say the same thing; she had to go. Artemis would probably say something cool as usual, but she didn’t wish for Artemis to see her like this. Wailing, in pain and hurt. She closed her eyes for a moment collecting herself a little. She was sure she looked like shit right now, with snot out of her nose, wet cheeks, and her stupid crooked teeth. She covered her mouth thinking of it. She looked down, making her hair spill over each side of her face, hearing how her sister said she would be giving the medicine. “Okay…” she sniffled and dried her slightly runny nose as she straightened her head back up, “I’ll make tea,” she said and sniffled a bit before she turned around and walked a little towards the kitchen before, she looked over her shoulder, “Did you want some?” she offered.
Iris

Iris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyFre Okt 08, 2021 7:11 pm

I would love some tea” Iris said with a soft and pained smile looking at how her sister was hurting and not being able to do anything about it. “Hey Jane?” she turned around looking at her sister; “I love you very much” she breathed and took a breath in through her nose feeling how her chest rose and sank. She then walked into their grandmother’s room.

It took a good half an hour before Iris could walk out of Starla’s room again. It had been quite the hazzle getting her to take her medicine. Sneering and cursing at Iris, not that the shapeshifter took it to heart. Not like Mary-Jane did. Maybe she was just better than seeing the woman she had left back in the bed, not as their grandmother. But as a woman that had been very important in their life, but now needed their help to get by in this life as painless and easiest as possible. Not meaning it wasn’t hard seeing someone you cared for and loved waste away slowly.

Iris walked into the kitchen sighing as she sat down by the table and poured herself a cup of tea. “How are you feeling?” Iris asked with a slight smile on her lips, though it was filled with worry. At this moment it was clear who Iris was more worried for. Maybe it was also the fact being that she knew just how much this affected her sister. More than it did her.
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyMan Okt 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Mary-Jane pulled on a little pained smile as her sister replied that she would love some tea. She was about to turn her gaze forward instead of over her shoulder, when her sister called her name. She looked over her shoulder again humming a little to let her sister know she was listening. Her smiled widened as her big sister told her she loved her. “I love you too, Iris. I’ll always love you,” she said still with a pained smile. There would be nothing in this world which would make Mary-Jane stop loving her sister. Nothing.

As Iris went into Starla’s room, she stood still for a moment before she continued into the kitchen to make them their tea. Mary-Jane took her time and found everything they needed for tea. Sugar, honey, filters, milk, and a kettle for boiling water. Most often they didn’t use milk for their tea, but it happened that they wanted to act like children who hadn’t learned to drink their tea properly. Mary-Jane was leaning against a kitchen counter, sipping at her own cup of tea as Iris got inside and poured a cup. “It’s difficult, but tea really does something,” she exhaled. She walked over and sat next to her sister, putting her cup down on the table, with both her hands folded around the cup. Quite calmly she tilted herself towards her sister to rest towards her shoulder. “I really wish I could do more for her,” she exhaled.
Iris

Iris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyTirs Okt 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Iris nodded slowly as Mary-Jane told her that the tea was helping. She understood the feeling of a good cup of tea could loosen up the tension in the shoulders. She took a sip before she walked over to the dining table and sat down, a tender smile formed on her lips as Mary-Jane decided to sit down beside her and place her head on her shoulder. Iris didn’t do much, other than look towards the entrance, hoping that their father wouldn’t be home anytime soon. As Jane talked about wanting to do more for their grandmother, Iris let out a sigh. She wanted the same, of course. But she had also understood that it was hard to be the caregiver of an older family member. It really wasn’t something that should be placed on either Iris nor Jane, and the only reason why Mary-Jane didn’t say anything about it, was because she was so afraid of their father sending Starla away. Which in Iris eyes might be the best, not that she would ever tell that to her sister. “You’re doing everything you can, but sometimes we have to know when we can’t do anymore ourselves and need to trust others to help” she tried to breach the subject, knowing it was a sore one. A subject that often had been talked about, and always ended the same way. Denial and angry tears.
Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  EmptyFre Nov 12, 2021 7:19 pm

A sigh. Oh no. Mary-Jane could simply feel how the conversation wasn’t going in the direction she was hoping it would go in. She held her breath. The words Iris spoke warmed a little before the words almost stabbed her in the back. Iris believed Mary-Jane did very well. But it wasn’t enough. Mary-Jane couldn’t help enough. They needed someone else. Mary-Jane bit her lips thoughtfully. She hummed, clearly not that satisfied with the confession Iris had made. “I don’t think she’ll be happy with others help,” she mumbled before she placed the cup against her lips and took a smaller sip. “Dad is not going to let someone unknown into the house,” she felt like she was being choked. “So, it would mean she would have to move out,” she almost whispered. “I don’t think that’s a good idea,” her voice was small and fragile. “She doesn’t want to leave. She likes it here,” Mary-Jane tried on the behalf of her grandmother. She believed he knew what she wanted and what would be the best for her. Mary-Jane believed that her grandmother wished for the same things as herself. Foolish. She had no clue of what would be hitting her like a shovel in no time.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]    To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]  Empty

To live by medicine is to live horribly [TW]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» So this is where I'll live from now on [xxx]
» Better to fight for something, than to live for nothing
» What a mad world we live in
» You only live once - Dean og Astra
» A new place to live - Mark [XXX]

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Det nordlige Aston :: Bolig området, over klassen :: Hope Gardens :: Hus nr. 1-3-
Gå til: