Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come

Go down 
+3
Elenora
Madelaine
Charles
7 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
ForfatterBesked
Madelaine

Madelaine

Humør : We'll get through this, right?
Antal indlæg : 97

Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Madelaine knitted her brows together as Elenora explained to her that she should be sorry. She wanted to believe that, but even as she continued telling her that Quentin’s actions weren’t her fault, the words that Quentin had said still echoed in her head.
The pain disappeared and replaced by fear. He was meeting up with Hannah? Sweet innocent Hannah, that had no idea how to be in this world their families were in. She was more defenceless than Madelaine, and that was already setting the bar low.

She covered her face in her hand that wasn’t holding her cup, how had the world turned into such a madness? Her lips quivered for a moment before she removed it and looked at Elenora. “But he was right about something” she whispered “and somehow, this is still my fault” she shook her head a little “If it weren’t for me, Ethan wouldn’t even be here” she looked around in the hospital to emphasise on what she meant with here.
I was, tortured for a year, getting my mate mark removed all the time, because he hoped that he somehow could figure out what made it tick. If he could just remove it enough times, then it would run out of people to pair me up with” she hadn’t really spoken about this with anyone. “Ethan was the first name” tears escaped “I was so desperate to hold on to what I had before all of this had happened, that I stayed with him, even though I knew it wouldn’t last –“ she shook her head and placed down the cup to bury her head in her hands instead. “none of this would have happened, if I had just let him go” the words were said with barely a whisper, quacking under the emotions she was feeling grabbing her chest so hard that she couldn’t breathe.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Elenora

Elenora

Humør : From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew I’d found my reason to live.
Fag : .
Antal indlæg : 274

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Yes, it was true. Ethan wouldn't be here right now if it hadn't been for Quentin wanting to take his aim at Madelaine. Elenora took a sharper breath in, listening to what she said about having been tortured. She listened to what Madelaine spoke off, and Elenora now knew why that sometimes haunted look in the witch's eyes came from. Torture and pain, the trauma - she had seen the same look in her own eyes whenever she looked into the mirror. Ethan was the first name, she took a deeper breath in. If anything, Elenora knew she would have done the same thing. If there had been a slight chance that she could hold onto Archie, she would have done it. Elenora got up from her seat and sat down next to Madelaine, placing her cup down as well, placing her arm around her back in a small side hug. "Hey, no one blames you for wanting to hold on to something, I'm the last person who would judge you for that," she replied and folded her lips together. If she could have stepped out from that demon nest and walked right back into Archie's arms again, she would never had let go. So, having someone to come back to, that you knew loved you, knew would take care of you and protect you. You would be a fool to not hold on to that. "I can't imagine the pain you have gone through experiencing that, but I can tell you that it's completely human to want to grab onto someone that makes you feel safe," she replied and kept her eyes at Madelaine. Feeling her own tears starting to leave a small trail over her cheeks ones again. Elenora had grabbed onto her anger, because it had been all she was left with. Anger. Now, things were different.

"I know it's a lot right now, but he will be fine. Ethan is going to be fine, and Quentin won't ever come for him again, he is safe," she assured Madelaine. That she knew. She could feel it in her gut. Elenora took another and deeper breath in. Elenora sat with one more big burning question, who was the person who had tried playing with Madelaine's matemark. Because something about it sounded way more familiar than too her liking. Frederik had been taken by Joseph in the beginning of the year, done the same to him. It had been the sole reason why Elenora had kidnapped Joseph. But asking right now wasn't an option.
Madelaine

Madelaine

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Madelaine let her fall into the side hug and took in a deep breath. None of this was fair, to anyone of them. A soft chuckle left her nose as Elenora told her that no one blamed her. Maddie felt that they should, then it would be easier to be the bad guy and leave. She was already grateful that Nigel had seen through her and her things were packed in the back of his car.
A soft smile formed on Maddie’s lips as she saw how tears fell from Nora’s eyes. A thumb glided over her cheek. “But we are strong, and will get out on the other side, right?” she said and took another deep breath in, felt how her chest rose and sank. What a load of bullshit really, why did they always have to be the strong ones?

I met the man that is written on my collarbone” she finally spoke in a soft voice, looking down at the cup of coffee. “I need to leave Elenora, I need to leave him before I cave and stay because I love him – but just because you love someone, then it doesn’t mean you should stay, sometimes loving someone is knowing when to leave” she looked at the sister of the man she was telling that she was going to leave. But she felt that she deserved to know, especially since they were talking about it right now.
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 6:20 pm

But we are strong, and will get out on the other side, right? Elenora took a deeper breath in and nodded. "Yes, we will." She confirmed, because she believed it now. She believed things would work out. They would make it up the the mountain top some day, and the view would be more beautiful than ever imagined, but first there was the climb, and the climb to reach the top - that was never easy. Elenora licked her tongue a little when Madelaine mentioned that she had met her mate. If things weren't complicated it sure was by now. She narrowed her eyes a little bit as Madelaine mentioned that she needed to leave. "You do that you have to do, but just promise me one thing," she took a deeper breath in, knowing she had nothing in saying in what Madelaine should and shouldn't do. "Just don't leave without telling him, because he has already been through so much, and even through I know its hard to do - especially after all of this, you both deserve that peace, and he will understand," she took a deeper breath in. She didn't know if it was her original idea or if she had just thought about getting up and walk out the door. When you were in such torment by your emotions, everything and nothing seemed right and it became harder to even make a choice. But leaving without saying goodbye, no one deserved that. It would just become a loose end. Elenora looked to the side as she noticed Cecilia and Nia coming out the door, the moment of truth was upon them.
Madelaine

Madelaine

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Madelaine smiled as Elenora told her that she couldn’t just leave without saying goodbye. There was no reprimanding tone, or her trying to lecture her in how to do this. But Maddie could understand where she came from, she herself was a sister, and if anyone would to just leave her siblings without saying goodbye. It wouldn’t have gone down well. “Thank you for saying that, but it was my plan to say goodbye, I could never, just leave” she mumbled following Elenora’s line of sight. Nigel came back with a small sigh as he let his hand glide through his hair and looked at the two doctors that had been there to pick Ethan up.

Nia gave them all a quick, but tired smile. “Surgery was a success, Cecilia here was a total champ, so everything went without a hitch” she looked over her shoulder to see if Ash was anywhere near before turning her attention back to the trio “He is still under the anaesthesia, but he is stable and you are all welcome to visit him in his room” she said with a calm and gentle smile looking at Cecilia if there was anything else she wanted to add.
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Elenora nodded, "good I mean. Not that I thought you wouldn't - but you know," she smiled and licked her lips. Looking up at the doctors coming in, shortly back at Nigel as he returned to them. Cecilia looked at Nia as she explained how everything was going. Chuckling a little bit by her friend's choice of words. "By all means, come on," she nodded with a smile, looking at each of them before showing them the way to the room Ethan was in. "We have given him a little something to speed up the healing process, doctor Reyes specialty," she informed them. With Clay's specialty in supernatural use of medicin, it had changed the game a little bit.

Getting into the room Ethan smiled a little by the sight of them, at least he could see again now. "Welcome to my suite," he said a little hoarse clearing his throat. Elenora took a few large steps over to him, letting her eyes scanning him. It was fun, because they weren't even that close, or had spent much time together - but they were still connected in ways that no one could explain. Even just the energy in the room seemed so balanced out, like everything just for a moment felt in harmony as she placed her hand on top of his. A small yet powerful sensation when yin and yang complemented each other. It even had Cecilia thrown for a second, not understanding the odd feeling but just lightly shook it off like she had used to do with things she didn't always understand. Cecilia placed her hand on Nigel shoulder shortly, "long day?" She asked. With Cecilia being so busy as she was, she barely had time hanging out with Nigel and Irina - other than at the wedding a few days ago.
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed
Antal indlæg : 218

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 9:14 pm

Madelaine breathed out as they led them to the room that Ethan was in, at least everything had gone fine, he was alright. But when they came to the room, she understood why Elenora had asked her to stay and asked her to at least say goodbye. Standing there in the doorway, it was so hard to go inside because then it would become real. This was it; she was about to say goodbye while he was still healing. What kind of person did that? She let her hand glide over her face and looked towards the Doctor that had told them that the surgery had gone without a hitch. "It’s okay, it’s always hard when you were close to losing someone, the whole thing becomes very real when you then seem them again after they pulled through something like that” Madelaine breathed out and gave a small nod, before she finally took a step inside just to feel how the sensation in the whole room changed.

She kept herself a little in the background letting Elenora get to Ethan first, making sure that he was alright, and everything was okay. The lump in her throat just grew bigger as she saw at how he looked. Even though he had gotten something to speed up the healing process, it was still a horrible feeling to watch someone you loved that much, getting hurt protecting you. Protecting you from someone that was dead set that you were an abomination and needed to put down like a rabid dog.

Nigel kept himself in the background to, mostly because he didn’t really feel like intruding, he gave Ethan a smile as it seemed like he could finally see. He looked down as Cecilia placed a hand on his shoulder and asked if it had been a long day. “Yeah, well… long story short, I finally got my father out, picking him up from the station tomorrow, guessing Eve is going to be such a joy since we woke her up at this hour” he explained with a huff of a laugh “Maybe you should call her Madelaine, give her some peace of mind” Maddie nodded and quickly went outside again to call up Evelina as promised.

Nigel walked over to Ethan and gave him a smile and placed a hand on his shoulder “I’m glad you are okay, gave us quite a scare there
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 9:57 pm

It wasn't like Ethan was a complete idiot, an impulsive bastard time to time, but he knew she wasn't human anymore. He knew there was a chance that she would leave him one day, not that he imagined that being soon - he just got her back. "Hey, I'm fine okay? Don't worry about me," he pointed out and lifted his hand up, already feeling better by the second that Elenora touched his hand. "How is Puzzle?" He then asked with a small frown on his face. In the scene of blood loss, the fight and everything that had went on - he barely had time to place what actually had happened. "Puzzle is fine," she looked back at Madelaine and Nigel to get that confirmed. "Madie," he breathed out seeing her here, looking so fragile and sad, letting go of Elenora's hand to reach out for her. Just so she could know that he was alright.

Cecilia lifted a brow a little bit by the mention of his father coming to town. She didn't know much about his father, other than his way of raising children into killers - so of course her expression contained a good level of worry. Especially after everything when it came to Nigel's family, not to mention her own cousin. "That sure seems like a lot - let me know if you need anything, okay?" she confessed remaining a sceptic by heart. "And Evelina, please, just buy her a food basket and she will have forgotten it all by an hour," she added with a softer chuckle.

Ethan sighed a bit and watched Madelaine walk out the door, feeling his heart beat a little bit more heavy. Then Nigel approached him, "yeah, Evelina is going to kill me, that is for sure," he laughed a little bit. "Thank you," he gave Nigel a nod, to the fact he knew that some of the luck in all of them being in one piece, or at least Elenora not being out more bruised than she was - was because Nigel had showed up. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she is going to strangle you in your sleep," Cecilia joked a little bit crossing her arms.
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 10:21 pm

Madelaine could still feel the heat from Ethan’s hand on hers, she didn’t even remember she had told that Evelina had Puzzles and would return him as soon as Ethan was feeling better. Just that she now stood in the hallway and waited for the friend to pick up. She didn’t quite remember how she kept it so calm, assuring Evelina that every had went fine and Ethan was already feeling much better. It was just a question about time before he was released again.

Nigel looked at the worry that appeared on Cecilia’s face and quickly forgot that she properly thought he meant his real father. “Wait, no” he laughed and looked at Cecilia with a big grin “This man, that I’m picking up tomorrow is the man that tried to give me a normal childhood, till I was about ten I actually ran around throwing around a ball doing normal kid stuff” he shrugged “that’s the man I’m getting tomorrow, not the real one” he laughed as she added that he just needed to bring Eve food “You know what, I remember that

Maddie returned as Cecilia joked about Evelina going to strangle Ethan in his sleep, a soft but strained smile formed on her lips. “She did say something like that, then added that if you just gave her Puzzle, everything would be forgiven” it took a while, but she walked into the room again, and around to the other side of the bed, where she pulled a chair closer to the bed so she could sit down.

Nia suddenly narrowed her eyes, as she looked at Madielains head. “Why, on earth did no one tell me about that!” Maddie almost jumped in her seat as Nia walked over to her and very gently put her head a little back. “This wound needs to be stitched up, oh my god, both of you” she pointed towards Ethan and then Maddie “Death of me – I need you to come with me, so we can clean this wound” Maddie leaned over and placed a kiss on Ethan’s temple “I’m sorry, I’ll be back again” she mumbled and then walked with Nia out of the room.

She’s scary” Nigel mumbled and looked after the tiny girl pulling the other small woman with her.
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 11:06 pm

Cecilia breathed out with a smile on her face. "Oh thank god, you had me there for a second," she shook her head gently. She knew Zitora had been working like crazy lately, both on a case for Nigel, but also helping Lucas with one. But she hadn't really had the time to ask too much about it, because of how little spare time both her and Lucas actually had. "Well, give him a hug from me then," she lifted a finger with a smile on her face. If someone had been there trying to at least give Nigel some part of a normal childhood, he deserved the world. Nigel was still a very important person to her, and he was family, even a part of the family now. "A good thing to remember," she chuckled a bit turning her head to Madelaine that came back in. "No one is taking Puzzle," Ethan pointed out from the bed side.

Cecilia looked at Nia that took Madelaine with her and Nigel mentioning her being scary, "Nia? No, she is a doll - I just think she as been spending too much time listening to Ash," she shook her head a little bit with a small laugh, it was quite normal for them not to zone out of their work persona till later. Cecilia and Nia's work personalities were indeed scary if you didn't know them out of it. Cecilia looked at Ethan, "you good?" After a confirmed nod she breathed out, as she got paged. "Looks like I'm needed in the ER, but I'm not far away, and I will check back up later," she looked at Ethan, then at Nigel giving him a quick hug. "Give Irina a hug from me too, okay?" She looked at Elenora giving her a warm smile, before making her exit.

Elenora took a deeper breath in and looked at Ethan. It was till at least a small nod sounded of the door and the person who had started all this chaos stood there. Clearly there was some sort of guilt playing in his eyes, and Elenora looked at Quentin the second she saw him. He didn't step into the room, but waited outside. Looking at Ethan, then letting his eyes move to Elenora, Nigel and then back at Ethan. Elenora was the last one he looked at. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean - to cause you pain," he apologized to Elenora, who took a deeper breath in and nodded. Quentin wasn't heartless, perhaps towards the supernatural, to his family was another story. Yes, he trained his powers on Jules, but only because she let him, and the fact that she didn't tell him that enough was enough, was really not his fault. Quentin loved his sisters, that was clear. He moved his eyes to Ethan, "I'm sorry it coming to this - that is all I wanted to say." He took a step back wanting to leave again, now that he had came to say what he felt like he needed to say.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptyLør Aug 07, 2021 11:32 pm

It would be safe to say that the last person anyone expected to see standing there in the door looking in, would be Quentin. Even though family was family, there were still that pride that many hunters had in them. Especially the extreme ones, that still meant that humans were the superior race and everything else should be killed without mercy.

Nigel raised a brow and let his arms fold in front of his chest. It was clear to see that Quentin wasn’t here to do anything stupid, in the sense of trying to kill Madelaine. But that didn’t mean that Nigel wasn’t vigilant. Keeping an eye on every movement that Quen was doing at this point. Nigel looked at both Elenora and Ethan, neither of them saying anything. After just having Elenora in his arms, crying, asking him if she was broken. It just didn’t cut it. “Stop” he said in a firm voice, gently, but still with a certain authority that only a person older or a father could have. When Quentin started to walk away.

That just doesn’t cut it Quentin” he said stepping forward and looked at him with a firm gaze. “And I don’t buy the fact that you came all the way, this time of night, to tell your sister just that” he could have waited till tomorrow, called her, or shown up at her place. There were so many other possibilities. But he had known that Ethan needed surgery and taken the drive here to make sure that things were said today.
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 12:27 am

The eye contact between Elenora and Quentin was intense, but mostly there was just a lot of things that happened - just the last month. From him coming to town, everyone being on edge because of that, everyone in the family knew Quentin wasn't much better than their father, at least that was Griffin's words, and Frederik's, it was easy to just tag along on that thought. Elenora never asked for much of her siblings. But he had even married her best friend while she was taken by Calvin, while she recovered, none of them had reached out to her. Then Quentin had tried to get Griffin and Frederik up against each other, good thing Zitora had sat him down. But there was just so many things, and she wasn't even sure she could begin to forgive him, so letting him go was perhaps the easiest. But it didn't' stop Nigel from telling Quentin to stop.

Quentin stopped when he was told to, and his eyes moved to Nigel as he held his breath. It was quite the move coming here, he knew that, especially after having been told to leave earlier. Quentin wasn't stupid enough to hurt anyone in a place filled with people, even if there was ton of supernatural creatures here. The apologi wasn't good enough, which was perhaps true. Quentin never apologized. Quentin fidgeted his fingers a little as he took a deeper breath in. Quentin frowned a bit looking at Nigel, then at Elenora again, at Ethan, he didn't know Ethan at all actually. But he had been out there fighting Elenora as if she was his enemy, and it had not been his intentions, it was just so hard not to got there. "I never meant to hurt you, I got - I don't know, lost sight of what was going on," he took a deeper breath in looking at Elenora taking a deeper breath in. One thing was sure, he wasn't sorry for going after Madelaine and all of them knew it. "I'm sorry I attacked you in your own home, and for the mess I made." Then he looked to Nigel and lifted a brow, as if he was asking whether it was good enough or not. Like a teenager looking at his father. Elenora took a deeper breath in, clearly Ethan wasn't in his very forgiving corner but didn't say a thing - then again the guy had just tried to kill his girlfriend, and him in the process. Elenora on the other hand wasn't really very forgiven either, but she also knew Quentin, so it made it a little bit easier to take this acutally apologizing version of her brother in. "If you ever plan a stunt like this again, I will kill you myself, understood?" Elenora then said looking directly at Quentin, who looked back at his sister nodding to show he understood.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 10:38 am

Nigel just listened as both Quentin and, in the end, Elenora spoke. He still didn’t buy it, he understood that Quentin tried to mend what he had broken this night, but it felt like there was something more than just that. But what, Nigel wasn’t sure. He was still not happy about the fact that his man had not only shot at his girlfriend but also stood with his arms around his daughter, threatened to kill her. A girl, that had never harmed a soul, and her only sin was being granted life by a goddess. What grand disillusion a man had to make for himself, to think that that would be a killing that was justified.

But he didn’t say anything or threaten Quentin on his life. Not again at least. He just watched wondering if there would be hope for the boy at all. How to be able to look at one’s brothers and see nothing but what they had turned into. Not caring that it was still his family, just living with the consequences of being a hunter.

I’ll follow you out” Nigel mumbled, and walked towards Quentin, placing a hand on his shoulder in a firm grip and started escorting him towards the exit. One thing was that he didn’t really trust what would happen if Madelaine came back while Quentin was here. He had just tried to kill her and Ethan in front of her. But just as they walked out there, she was. That small woman that took a frightened step back. “What, what are you doing here?” she asked “What is going on?
Ash

Ash

Humør : I would rather be faced with the consequences of the truth, than the consequences of a lie.
Antal indlæg : 81

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 11:04 am

Quentin pressed his brows a little as Nigel wanted to follow him out. He knew there still was some bad blood between him and Nigel, but like, he also knew that if he tried to stay right here - there would be even more. But Quentin also expected a punch in the face anytime soon at this point. And just like everything seemed to be going fine and Quentin was on his way out - Madelaine returned. The guilt that had been painted on the face seconds ago changed within seconds, and he wanted to launch forward but thankfully Nigel's hold on him was strong enough. Quentin and his strings, he knew and had seen strings so powerful he couldn't even dare touch them. It was how he knew the relations between people. They never had so say anything to him, he knew. He knew just how strong the different strings were and what emotion that was inflicted on each of them. But the one with Ethan and Madelaine, it was another story, not that it wasn't strong, it just wasn't that strong.

Just as he was about to say something, another guy showed up in his white coat. "Are you guys done here, this is not a playground," he said with a deadpan expression on his face. He looked at the ilter kid, who seemed from seconds from ripping the small witch's throat out. "That's cute," he sighed annoyed and looked at the other guy. "Can you get him out of here, or should I call pest control?" Clearly Ash had no chill regarding the kid. He looked at the tall guy trying to get up from the bed. "Davidson, if I so much as see you try getting up - I will pick a bone with you, understood?" Elenora moved her head over to Ethan who stopped fighting her and politely kept still in the bed, not moving.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 11:47 am

Nigel took in a deep breath as he left the small pull in Quentin as he tried to launch towards Madelaine, the kid really had no control over his actions when he saw a supernatural creature. But before Nigel could say or do anything, another man came walking towards them. The aura there was about this guy, Nigel had to press his brows together. Wait, he had felt this before. This reminded him of Dion, just, if Dion had a moody twin brother.

Nigel made a small huff that almost sounded like a laughter as the doctor asked if he could get Quentin out of here. “On it, I’ve already played the exterminator once today, so why not keep at the job” he said sarcastically, and then placed his hand on Quentin’s neck and started dragging him along with him.
You fucking bloody moron” he hissed at Quentin as they walked past Maddie and continued towards the exit. “Just apologized to your sister, and then you react again, without thinking – you might see everyone around you as weak, but who’s going to be there for you if you push everyone away, but what, you rather have a lonely life than tackle your own demons and your aged view on how the world should be?

Madelaine breathed out as soon as Quentin was pulled along with Nigel. “Thank you” she said in a low voice to the doctor that had just defused the situation, then she looked back before she walked into the room where Ethan was lying and over to the bed, where she quickly took his hand. “Hey, I’m okay” she said with a pained smile and looked at him.
Ethan

Ethan

Antal indlæg : 182

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Ash chuckled a little by the comment from the other guy, then watching take the kid with him. There was no need to call in the guards if they could just get him out. Ash looked in as Madelaine stepped closer to Ethan. It wasn't long since Madelaine had returned, he remembered that, he also remembered Ethan almost had lived here in the hospital back a few months ago because of not just this little lady, but also because of Maeve. The boy never got a break, but that was sadly life. Elenora took a deeper breath in, she knew that Madelaine had to say goodbye to Ethan, and that was easier when they were alone, so he looked back at the doctor. "So, Dr. Mitchell, is there any chance you can help a girl out finding some ice for my hand?" She asked with a warmer smile and stepped closer to the taller guy. Ash narrowed his eyes a little bit then breathed out, "sure, come along." Then nodding in the direction and had Elenora follow him out of the room.

Ethan looked at Madelaine as she took his hand. "Good, I just wanted to be sure," he replied looking at her. He took her in, there was a different look in her eyes, he couldn't explain it. There was something. "What is going on?" He then asked with a small whisper.

Quentin sighed a bit and just walked out with Nigel, mumbling and cursing lowly. He looked up at Nigel, as he talked. Well, Quentin wasn't alone per say, he was forced with Jolene. "It's not my fault you all are bloody brain washed," he replied as he felt his jaw tense. Because that was how he saw them, brain washed. What happened to all of them? Suddenly fighting beside the monsters? Quentin didn't understand that, far from. Everything about it confused him. Because he knew it was wrong, it was so wrong, why couldn't they all see it?  
Madelaine

Madelaine

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Elenora knew, and even as Madelaine didn’t want to, she had too. But how did you say goodbye when she wanted to stay. She wanted to be there for Ethan while he recovered, just as he had been there for her. It wasn’t fair, none of it was. She felt so selfish, for not being able to do that for him, she had always thought she was better than that. But apparently, she was just as Quentin had called her, not even human anymore. She leaned over the bed placing her elbows beside Ethan’s side, bring his hand towards her lips where she pressed them towards his knuckles. She hadn’t even noticed how tears where gliding down her cheeks as he asked what was going on. A small laugh left her, not that it was funny but, she had no idea what else she could do. She laced her fingers through his and leaned her cheek towards his warm skin, he deserved the world. He deserved a woman that would be his, for ever. One he could grow old with, that would raise his kids and look at him like he was the only bright star in the world. “I love you so much, but I have to leave, Ethan” she finally choked as tears kept streaming down her face. “I can’t stay, not, not when hunters will use you to get to me, not when we know this won’t last” she breathed out “I, I already met my mate” her voice barely a whisper “I thought we would have more time, but this has be goodbye, because if I don’t do it know, I will never be able to leave

Maybe you should ask yourself – who is right, the ones flocking in numbers, or the lonely few standing back alone?” he calmly said while he kept on walking “You almost killed a seventeen year old girl, who had done nothing, because of a philosophy that your father told you, my father told me, are you devoted that you follow other words blindly or do you ever stop up and question what it is you are doing?” he asked, curious of what Quentin actually thought. If he ever put some kind of thought into what he was doing, or just followed alone like a good little dog.
Ethan

Ethan

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Her tears spoke before words even left her mouth, and it stung in his heart. Ethan took a sharper breath in, just waiting for the bomb to drop. He didn't want her to go, he had just gotten her back.But I have to leave, he exhaled and felt his chest tighten. "Screw the hunters -" he mumbled and pressed his brows together, it wasn't about hunters. He knew that, there was something greater deal to it. Not when we know this won’t last those words cut off his air supply for a moment, like the air got knocked out of his system. He didn't wish to think like that. Ethan was just about to say someone, but the words didn't even get a chance to leave his lips before she said something again. Even if it was barely words and more like a whisper, he still heard it. I already met my mate. Despite Ethan already knowing he wasn't her mate, and one day she would find him - and they would part ways, he hadn't imagined it being so soon. It was too soon, he had just gotten her back. This wasn't fair. He listened to her words feeling his eyes starting to burn from holding back the tears that wanted to push through, but he just took a sharper breath in and exhaled. "I guess it's goodbye then," he replied feeling his lips tremble. She wasn't his anymore, and he knew he should just accept that. Like how he accepted everything else happening that wasn't in his way. The world never played in his favor and every time he thought he had won a fight, he realized he had lost the war.

"It's okay,"
he nodded and licked his lips a little bit. His heart burning and aching, but he had to let her go. He had to. "You are free Madelaine, and you deserve the world - so go, be free. Don't waste a moment," he breathed out heavily. This hurt way more than he wanted to hurt right now, to know she belonged to someone else, what a cruel fate.

Quentin looked at Nigel, narrowing his eyes even more. Not understanding a single thing the guy was saying. He then mentioned the young blonde girl, his daughter, well of course that hadn't been a smart move - he could see that, but mainly because it had put him on this side of Nigel. "Have you lost completely sight of everything? What we were trained to do? To keep these goddamned creatures from tearing our world apart?" Quentin frowned a bit, his voice low and direct. "And yes, there are some people along the way that might not be killers or has some tiny bit of hope for humanity. But it's acceptable losses."
Madelaine

Madelaine

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 2:33 pm

She hated that he was always such a good guy, that he didn’t get mad, that he didn’t tell her to stay. Because he didn’t want to take away her happiness, but at what cost, what about his happiness? She stood up, not wanting to cause any more pain to the already hurting man. She leaned over and placed her hand on his cheek, she leaned down and placed a kiss on the other cheek. “Goodbye Ethan” she whispered, before moving away and out of the room. She had no idea how she could walk without breaking down, she got to the waiting room, were a shaking hand found the back of a chair. She sat down. And then she broke down, sobbing and crying like she had just lost a person. It felt like she had, even though he was alive and well.

Nia had come back to give some painkillers to Madelaine, only to overhear the words; you are free Madelaine, and you deserve the world - so go, be free. Don’t waste a moment. Her heart broke for the words her friend gave. He had been through so much these past months, the entire year really. This wasn’t fair. Madelaine past her, she didn’t even see her which was fine. Nia forgot everything about the painkillers for Madelaine as she slowly walked into the room towards Ethan. “Hey” she whispered not doing a very good job at hiding the pain that showed on her face. She wanted to ask if he was okay, but that seemed like a pretty obvious one. Her guess was he wasn’t.
Can I do something?

He tried not to let the words of Quentin get to him. Not to get angry and just hit the boy, because of how stupid he sounded. What they were trained to do? They were trained to be killers, and in Nigel’s eyes, if that meant they could justify killing humans and creatures that was good. Then he wasn’t going to be a part of it.
But something else, they were trained to protect. Protect those that couldn’t protect themselves. That was what he had gotten from his training in the end. Acceptable losses.
They were outside now, but instead of walking Quentin towards his car, he turned them around and pressed Quentin up a wall and starred down into his eyes. “We are taught to be murders” he hissed not backing down pressing him further up the wall. “We were taught that leaving our own family members behind if they were hurt was better, if it meant they weren’t being turned – now, you would rather kill your brothers, just because they aren’t human anymore. Wake up Quentin! It isn’t their blood that makes them monsters, the real monsters are those that kill the people we protect, not innocent beings in the crossfire now if you can’t see that, then you are a monster yourself” he released his grip in Quentin and took a step back, and nodded towards the parking lot “you know, family protects and loves each other no matter what happens, too bad you never got to see what real family is about, since you much rather follow the words of your father, that never gave you anything but hardship
Charles

Charles

Antal indlæg : 88

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 3:27 pm

She left. She actually left. It was first as she was out of sight that Ethan closed his eyes tight together and took a deeper breath in. He didn't know what was hurting the most his heart or his thigh at this point, but it didn't matter. Because it could never have worked, there would always had been that tiny small work of: one day she would meet her mate. And she would never be able to feel for him what she felt for that person. Hey, Nia's voice made him open his wet eyes and turn his head towards her. "No, it's okay. I will be okay, my brother Zachary will get my leg back into shape in no time," he replied as if his leg was the only thing needing fixing. "I was flying to California tomorrow night either way, might be good to get out of here for a while," he breathed out and licked his lips a little bit.

Someone had to get their hands a little dirty sometimes, and Quentin had accepted his fate a long time ago. He had wanted something else before, every each of his siblings had once or twice played doubt into what they were doing. Especially after Nicole had been kidnapped, and Quentin had been turned and killed himself - it was the turning point of wanting to destroy all these creatures. The creatures who had taken something from him. Griffin was turned by vampires, this mother was killed by them, and so was Frederik - at least till he had seen Frederik wasn't dead. It had inflicted such hatred that wasn't easily outdone. His father hadn't made it easier. Not when every single kill you had taken in your life had been praised, when every single scream you had inflicted had been met with a smile from the one person you always sought out to make proud. So, as Nigel pressed him up against the wall, Quentin just looked into his eyes, even as Nigel pressed him further up the wall. Quentin grunted a bit, his shoulder still burning from the shots Ethan had fired earlier on. Even if Quentin didn't say a word he listened, looking into Nigel's eyes. Finally, Nigel let go of him and Quentin could catch his breath again, not letting his eyes move away from him as he walked towards the parking lot. Quentin narrowed his eyes a little bit, not sure how to feel about those words. "I can get home on my own," he replied back wanting to head down the road on his own. He didn't need help, and he didn't need to spend more time with Nigel. He already knew that Jolene would be angry enough at him as it was.
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.
Antal indlæg : 117

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 3:52 pm

She pulled a smile and shook her head as she walked towards him and sat down, she took her pager off and turned it off. Ash could yell at her later, she wasn’t even supposed to be here anyway. And right now, her friend needed her more than any patient in the hospital. Sometimes, family and friends came before work. Even if her work was as important than this. “Because it was the leg is what I was asking about Tiny” she said with a slight smirk and looked around, he was all alone now. She would guess that Elenora had brought up an excuse or Madelaine had asked to be alone with Ethan. “Wait what?” she asked as he told her that he was flying to California tomorrow night, that was, that was way too soon. She knitted her brows together and was very close to tell him about her own horrible night. But didn’t feel like it could compare what she had just overheard. “If you are leaving, if you are leaving at least have the decency to find a couple of hours to share a drink with me!” she laughed and made a small push against his shoulder, knowing it wouldn’t do much. She leaned her head to the side “There is so much I wanted to share with you, but I understand why you need to get away” she said with a sweet voice, letting her fingers find his hand and closed around it. “And you’re coming back, right?” she asked with a big smile, looking at him frowning. “Right? Because if not, you bet your ass, that I’ll round all the people here and get an army to come to California and get your fine little backside back here” she laughed chocking down her own distraught feelings about one of her best friends being in pain, but also leaving the country.

Nigel sighed as Quentin pulled away and told him he could get home on his own. Nigel turned around and saw how he walked towards the car. Nigel had many more words he wanted to give to Quentin, but for now he just kept quiet looking at the boy sit into his car and drive off. He walked into the hospital again, walked past the waiting area where Madelaine was sitting and crying. He sighed, seemed like she had finally done it. He walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder “I’m was just going to say goodbye, and then I’ll drive you to where you need to go, okay?” she nodded slowly by his words and he walked back to the room that was given to Ethan where he saw the doctor before sitting, talking with him. A smile appeared on Nigel’s lips, at least the boy had friends that could be there for him.  “I’ll go now Ethan, now, my door is always open if you need anything, yeah?” he said and gave him a half smile. “Tell your sister I had to go” he nodded to both, before he walked back and helped the distraught girl out to the car, it was a miracle that he could even get an address out of her. He then drove off, while Madelaine looked at the hospital with tears still gliding down her cheeks.
Ethan

Ethan

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 4:28 pm

"I will drink with you," he laughed a little bit and shook his head at her. "You know I will be coming back right? I just need to help my sister with something," he added looking at his friend, as she had begun to say there was so much she wanted to share with him. He wasn't planning on leaving forever, but get some fresh air seemed like the most sane thing to do. "Yeah, Nia, I'm coming back. Can't leave you here to fend for yourself all by your own now can I?" He chuckled a bit as he looked at her. There was many feelings here, many people that he cared about that he couldn't just leave. Even if some of them were perhaps best left behind, to write a new chapter. He moved his eyes to the side when he saw Nigel at the door. Ethan nodded a bit, "hey, do me a favor tomorrow right? Convince Nora to go to Californien with me tomorrow night, I think she needs the break as much as I do," he quickly said to Nigel before he walked out of there. If anyone could convince Elenora of anything it wasn't Ethan, but perhaps Nigel could convince her. "I will tell her," he nodded after and breathed out. Then looking back at Nia.  

Elenora had just been sitting down talking with dr. Mitchell for the time sparing before heading towards Ethan's room again. She couldn't see Madelaine anywhere, so she assumed it was done. Looking in, she saw Ethan with Nia and breathed out. "How are you feeling?" She asked on her next exhale. "The usual," he replied making her nod a little bit. "Nigel had to go, you just missed him," he added with a warm smile, "he thinks its a good idea you go with me tomorrow as well," not the exact words, but it made Elenora chuckle a little bit. "Oh yeah, Nia this is my twin sister Elenora. Elenora, Nia," he presented the girls to each other.
Ophelia

Ophelia

Humør : I'm just a demon that means well. Freelance for God, but do the work of Satan.
Antal indlæg : 117

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Nia wasn’t really the type that let her true feelings show, she was always smiles and sunshine, even when she was hurting the most. Even when she felt like her heart was breaking and she was slowly drowning. No one matter more than her friends, and nothing mattered less than herself. Which when she thought about it, just made her more pitiful.
She shook her head a little, watched how Ethan and then man named Nigel said their goodbyes and then as she was about to talk to Ethan again, Elenora his sister came through the doors asking how he was feeling.

Nia turned around and reached out her hand to shake Elenora’s. “Hi, I had the pleasure of knowing Ethan when he was nothing but a moody teenager, that looked like a, what was it called again?” she looked towards him and gave him a big smile “Oh yeah, emo’s wasn’t that the term of emotional youths and you all dressed in black and listen to music that conveyed the deep passion you felt in your soul” she was clearly teasing, as she knew it had something to do about his powers, and he wasn’t really responsible for it. But still, it was still funny to think about just how much he had changed.

well then” she stood up and took her pager “better let you to speak alone, I’ll let the nurses know that you have special visitation rights, since visiting hours is over now” she looked back at Ethan “and don’t forget, you me, drink, before you leave
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 EmptySøn Aug 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Elenora took Nia's hand giving it a warm firm shake. Crossing her arms after with a small smile lifting on her face, she couldn't imagine Ethan going through an emo phase, see that was something. "I can't even imagine that," she chuckled a bit looking at Ethan. It most likely had something to do with his powers, she knew that. The darkness that roamed around in him, yet he still found the power to be kind and light, just like light roamed in her and yet she had found the power to be cruel and dark in the past. Then the girl excused herself, which Elenora didn't mind, she had a job to do after all. "Take care," Elenora said and looked at Ethan. "Of course, I will text you," he promised and let Nia go. After all, he needed to get ready to leave tomorrow, and whenever their brother would come by he would get his leg healed up. Easy like that. The broken heart was another story, but hopefully he could get one drink in with Nia before his flight.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come   Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come - Page 2 Empty

Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 2Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
 Lignende emner
-
» Speak of the devil
» When there is nothing left to say, just keep silent and let it speak volumes of what is left unsaid
» Devil you Don't [cw]
» The Devil You Know
» Devil on my shoulder

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Det sydlige Aston :: Bolig området, middel klassen :: St. Michael Circus :: Hus nr. 1-25-
Gå til: