Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

The Devil You Know

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyMan Sep 21, 2020 2:44 pm

@Michael
Outfit: link + a black pair of pants.
___

It was rare but it happened. Michael had called him to a location and if he called then Joseph showed up. Mostly because Joseph knew that there was a prize in the long run. He had teleported himself there, just with as much ease as Michael could do - but it wasn't difficult anyways. He leaned against a tree waiting for the angel to arrive. "There is my favorite Miguel," he stepped away and waved a little as he cracked up, "I'm just messing with ya, you know I remember your name Michael," he rolled his shoulders back looking at the angel. "It's been a while since I've heard from you.. under these circumstances, I hope it's important," Joseph then added looking a bit more serious. He was a serious guy, but he had so many things going on it was impossible to figure out what he was thinking about. Joseph knew they most likely couldn't get around his little trip about this one human girl's home. Not since Michael somehow had appered without warning and Joseph had made his grand escape.  "Was the window easy enough to fix, I hope I didn't leave to much of a mess. I must confess I didn't expect you there." He breathed dramaticly out and placed his hands on his hips as he still had his gaze on Michael.
"And.." Joseph narrowed his eyes a little, "don't let it be too late, it's a school night," he reminded Michael. It was also Joseph's way of telling that he expected to be back at some point, and if not, there would be trouble one way or the other. He knew Michael's daughter Erin went to the academy, and he found it funny that Michael didn't know this yet - not that he had any plans that involved that blonde. Not yet anyway. "Yes. I had a little career change since last time we spoke. I'm a teacher now." He smiled so brightly and proud, if you didn't know him any better, you could think he actually had found his dream. However, people who knew Joseph also knew better than that. Working on a school filled with magical creatures and people with incredible powers - it was his playground.  
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyMan Sep 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Outfit

Michael walked up the small hill to their meeting point, seeing that Joseph had already arrived. He inhaled a sharp breath to prepare himself for the next couple of hours in his company. But he wouldn’t have called him here if he didn’t need his help. His attempt at a funny greeting made him exhale slowly before he stopped a short distance from him. “Joseph.” He tipped his head as to greet him. And he was right. It had been a while since he’d last needed his help. “It is,” he assured him. At least this was of importance to him.  
A guild took something of mine and I’d like to get it back,” he said, moving his gaze to the trees at the horizon. “The sword I created for the Order of Solomon’s Temple,” he continued as he looked upon the grassy hills, imagining the many templars riding on their horses through the fields in their crusades. He'd created it to specifically aid them in fighting what was unholy and impure, and once the military organization ceased to exist he had kept it in his possession. “I was thinking, you might know something about a group like that - considering how interested you are in powerful and magical properties,” he explained before he turned to face him again. “I lost it in a fight and saw a red-cloak run off with it while I was still uh, busy, with the demons,” he explained, hoping that this one detail would help Joseph get an idea of what group this person belonged to.
Of course, once we’re in, you’re free to take whatever you desire from their lair.” The goods were already stolen, so it hardly made much of a difference whose hands they were in, and he didn't really care much for it either. He just had to trust that Joseph wasn’t going to use any of it against him.

A smile slowly formed on his lips as he’d revealed to sense him that night. “That’s the other thing I wanted to address,” he admitted as he stepped slightly closer to him, his face quickly returning to its stern expression. He had been wise to escape that night. But at least now, he had the chance to explain himself under calmer circumstances. “Why were you there?” he asked, wondering what wicked plan he had in mind regarding these humans.

He furrowed his brows as he mentioned it being a school night, taking a few moments to realize why he’d said it. “You're kidding,” he said, refusing to believe that he'd actually been hired by a school. Only for Joseph to reply that he'd become a teacher. “A teacher?” he repeated, indicating that he found it hard to imagine him in that position. But knowing him, he doubted that it was the real reason he was there. “Good for you,” he then commented, not wanting to try to question him further about it. Because they could probably stand there and talk for a long time if they kept this up, and apparently they had no time for that. “I suppose we should get going then.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyMan Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

It was always something stranger when it came to them working together. He listened to the information given to him. A sword like that was worth a lot, and in the wrong hands it could cause more bad than good, not that Joseph actually cared about that. "I might know something," he narrowed his eyes thinking a little tabbed one finger on his chin. "Around here.. there is a group.. If I rememeber correctly, which I do, they call themselves Rejected Knights.. poetic," he then replied and licked his lower lip before looing around them shortly. He knew everyone who owned magical objects, but he wasn't stupid enough to rush into anything without a plan. He smiled brightly by the last comment and turned his blue eyes back to Michael and pointed at him shortly, "see that is sweet music in my ears. I'm all in, I've wanted to take down those bastards for a long time," he replied with a half smirk on his face. The devilish spark in his eyes lighted up by the thought, he had never tried to get close enough to see what they had, but he had spies everywhere.

Joseph raised his eyebrow slightly playful when Michael commented on it. What he wanted? He knew better than to expect Joseph would tell him just like that. "That is for me to know," he put his hands back in his pockets and looked at Michael with that annoying playful smile, "and for you to," he shook his head slightly and a small laughter escaped from his lips as he spoke again: "dot dot dot." Joseph never told anything before it was ready, and there was still things he needed to know about that family before his plan could work out. "But you will be the first to know.. or second.. maybe third. Depends how things go," he replied rather calmly. "Relax, I'm not going to kill her. Jesus, it's like you expect me to be evil or something," he shook his acting almost offended by it for a solid ten seconds before his usual grin appeared again.

He smiled by the school announcement. "I've worked there for four.. five years. I don't really count. But thank you, its inspiring seeing all these young souls grow," he replied almost heart-warming and looked up to the sky. He nodded to the fact that they needed to get going. "Yes. We need to go this way," he pointed in behind himself and turned around. "Just before the graveyard, there will be a hidden path. If we follow it, it should lead us to their little mansion." He began to walk in the direction. It would be stupid to cross the graveyard even through it was faster. Magic was different in Moonlight Falls than Gaia linked to witches born in the land. Crossing the graveyard could warn witches in the group about them coming by and Joseph wasn't really in the mood for tea.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyFre Sep 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Michael raised his chin as he said that the Rejected Knights might have taken it, and taking their name into account, it was no wonder that they sought out to expropriate one of his weapons. However, he was pleased to know that he had done right by contacting Joseph regarding them. “What else do you know about them?” he asked. After all, the name didn’t reveal much and if they were going to burst inside their hideout, it was best done prepared.
He smiled briefly as he said that he was in on the job, granted that he could take whatever collectible he’d like.  “Great,” he said, trying to push the thoughts aside that were slightly worried about him getting the hands of the valuable objects. Because if he had gone in by himself and his angels, they would have confiscated or locked up said objects, but it wasn’t to know what Joseph intended to use them for.  

He shifted between his eyes as he replied that it was for him to know, not able to sense an indication of what it was about, so he sighed and leaned slightly back. He could only hope he was going to tell him as one of the first because it would go much smoother if he did this by free will, and truth was, he was slightly intrigued to know what his plan was about. He tilted his head skeptically at his attempted assurance. Because sometimes murder was more merciful than the intentions he had in mind, but at the same time, he didn’t see any reason for him doing that in the first place. It seemed rather unnecessary to kill an innocent human, regardless of his end goal. “She is no threat to you, so I understand why you wouldn't... Still, if you as much as lay a hand on her or anyone else in her family, this won’t be the last you see of me,” he said looking straight into his eyes for a moment before he moved his eyes away to look at the hills again. It was more of a promise than a threat. Michael already felt like he was supposed to interfere with his plan due to his strong belief in fate and how he'd been summoned by her that night.

He was surprised to hear that he’d worked there for that many years. “I can imagine,” he agreed, finding it quite inspirational himself to teach young angels and soldiers of his army, but still, it didn’t seem right for a guy like him to have a teaching position at the academy. He looked back at him as he pointed in the direction they needed to go before he followed him. “So, do you have any plan of us getting into the mansion, or will we be able to teleport inside?” he asked as he walked inches behind him to let him lead the way, his gaze looking into the night in front of them.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Sep 29, 2020 6:44 pm

"We will have time to chit chat on the way. Just know they are annoying little ants who just wait to be stepped on," he replied. Joseph was a great mix between having a plan and going in blindly, it depended on time and value. His bigger plans got more care than anything else in the world, where other side jobs like this mostly ended up with him going with the flow. Joseph liked objects and it was the best prize to get from this, also he knew these people couldn't stand a chance against Michael and him together in a fight, if it ended up like that.

Joseph wasn't there to harm Maeve or Cecilia, but he liked that people knew he was able to do so if he wished. Joseph narrowed his eyes waiting for the threat to come, because people always seemed to think it was a good idea to warn him or simply threaten him. It had been a long time since he had taken any threat serious and people often seemed to die after, which was a shame, they never really learned the lesson then. And there the threat was, with the archangel looking the siphoner in the eye - the biggest crossroad was their morals. "You just can't get enough of me, huh?" Joseph chuckled and shook his head slightly. It wasn't like he didn't listen, but he never responded angryly to a threat - yet anyways. Also he knew Michael and if he got him angry, then he lost a great buddy - at least that was the way Joseph saw it, and the only reason he didn't react stronger.

"I was thinking about knocking," he replied as he began to walk towards the path. "Teleporting into a mansion with magical objects might cause some nasty side effects. Wouldn't want to be caught in some holy fire now would we?" One thing he was good at was thinking ahead. Joseph was a master of magic and science a quite dangerous blend. "People like them like to think they can protect themselves with casting spells on their houses, rather useless really. But it's okay, they don't think that far ahead," he added with a smaller laugh. It wouldn't be a far walk, and it was the only mansion in the area.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Sep 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Michael nodded to his information about them or rather the lack thereof. He assumed it meant that there wasn’t anything particularly important to know. It was either that or Joseph wanting to improvise his way through the mission. But besides that, he probably wasn't entirely off for calling them ants, seeing that most people were insects in comparison to them. He scoffed at his comment before he turned his eyes from the hills to him.  “Something like that,” he said with a hint of a smile in his expression. He didn’t mind his company per se. Not as long as it was in small doses. However, he could only hope that their next meeting would be under different circumstances, and preferably under the purpose of Joseph telling Michael of his new plan.

Joseph was probably right, but he had mostly asked to see if he’d prefer a loud or a stealthy approach. The mention of holy fire made him utter an agreeable hm. It would be very unfortunate if he ended up amid something like that, but it was a risk he was easily willing to take in order to get his sword back. “Front door it is then,” he said, trusting that Joseph had a plan with this because it seemed like he knew their mindset a lot better than Michael would. “Is there something specific that you’re looking to expropriate?” he asked as they continued to walk through the night. After all, if he would help him look for the sword, he’d at least try to look for whatever he had an interest in - granted he had an idea of what objects they possessed.
It wasn’t long before the mansion appeared at the end of a long road, making Michael walk slower as he scanned the windows for lights and the front yard for people. The closer he got, the more he got a feel of the magic surrounding it, protecting it from intruders like them. It was yet another reason for why he’d needed Joseph's help in this, knowing that he would be able to destroy their warding.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyOns Sep 30, 2020 5:55 am

The question made him smile lightheartedly, but not because he really could come with the answer Michael wanted. There was one object in the world he truly desired, but his grand plan about getting that would be rougher than walking into his mansion. No object there would have what he was seeking, and that was just something he knew. However, he did also know that power was power and he could find it in any magical being or object. "Depends on what they have, we will see," he rubbed his hands together in excitement as they walked closer. There was no denying the magic that was put over this place to keep it perhaps hidden, or just to try keep people like Joseph or Michael away from it. If they had Michael's sword, they would most likely expect him to come take it back. Even that sounded like it perhaps was more than the sword they wanted from the archangel, why take a little when you could get more? Joseph bend down touching the ground, even the ground felt magical and was perhaps home to traps. He closed his eyes as he sucked up the magic from the ground around them, making it so much easier to just take the magic from the house - the more magic the better. As soon as the ground was magic free he moved with vampire speed closer to the house's walls. "Oh yeah, jackpot," he mumbled a bit feeling the wall before he began to absorb the magic around him. It took a few minutes, but then he stepped back. "Woo, that is some magic.. Time to make an entrance," he pointed out looking over at Michael as Joseph headed for the front door.

Joseph walked up to the door and knocked a few times, as the door opened it seemed to be mostly witches to live here, of course, most of Moonlight Falls' population were witches. Joseph took a deep breath in and gave them a smile. "My buddy here and I are antiquarians.. and we are out on this lovely trip around town and," he looked back at Michael and then back at the few witches at the door, "we heard a little bird whisper about your place and we had to take a look," he smiled at them waiting for a reaction. Clearly they did not expect company. "Sorry we don't really sell," one of them said and Joseph took a few further, pretending that the spell from before stopped him from walking in. The bright smile on the witch's face as she thought they wouldn't be able to enter, and how it slowly disappeared when he walked inside. Joseph looked around the amount of people sitting in the living room, "Yum, cupcakes," he smiled looking back at the few witches who still looked shocked that he was able to step in. "My friend here has a request, I suggest you listen," he looked at the witch he knew had cast the spell before his hand moved in one shift movement and snapped the necks of the two people next to her. "Magical necksnaps.. never gets old." He could hear the people inside beginning to panic some trying to run outside, but he already had the house on lockdown. So many of the witches tried to find a spell before hell would break loose. He could smell the magical objects, so much magic in this house.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTors Okt 01, 2020 10:12 pm

Michael watched Joseph as he bent down to the ground, draining the magic that it held. But only for a moment as he quickly raised his gaze to their surroundings, making sure that they were alone. And in a flicker of a second, he’d moved from his position on the ground to the mansion walls. He walked up the road to near the mansion himself, making sure that he was out of sight from the windows, even if they were mostly covered by curtains. He nodded once as he said he was ready to go inside, following him towards the front door, standing right beside him as he knocked upon it.

Michael's expression looked a lot more stoic than his so-called buddy, looking around at the witches with a vigilant gaze. Ensuring that none of them were whispering words to a spell. “Particularly weaponry, the more ancient and historical, the better,” he added to Joseph’s word, going along with his roleplay. He then stopped his eyes at the witch that told them that they didn’t sell, making Michael click his tongue as he stepped forward. “What a shame,” he said, although he didn’t seem too worked up about it. “Right,” he added to Joseph's words about him as he moved closer to the people in the living room. “It’s more of a demand,” he clarified, about to start a long speech about righteousness when Joseph broke the necks of two people. Changing his initial plan. The room quickly turned into chaos, making Michael look around at the witches as he expected anyone of them to attack him. And sure enough, two magically charged attacks were about to hit him, but before they could, he held up a hand to create his defensive shield, destroying the spells being cast at him. “I really wish you hadn’t done that,” he replied as he reduced the strength of the shield, looking at the one witch that was still standing while the other one had decided to run. But it seemed like Joseph had locked the place down, leaving no means of escape. He had really meant it when he said he hated these people. Michael lifted his hand to smite the witch with his holy light before he managed to finish the spell, making him scream in pain before he fell to the floor. He then made a quick turn as he heard steps coming towards him. A girl with a knife. He forcefully grabbed her wrist where she held a raised knife, lifting her up from the ground. “Ah, ah” he said as he looked at her, squeezing harder around her wrist until she finally let go of the knife. He then picked it up and flipped it in his hand as he looked around to see if anyone else was going to try to fight him. But it didn't appear so. So he took a moment to appreciate the craftsmanship of the knife and the magic that it held. His gaze then found the stairs to the basement in the adjacent room. “This way,” he said, sending a quick glance to Joseph to make sure he heard him before he walked towards the stairs in the next room, going down into the mansion’s basement.

Downstairs was an even larger room with rows of bookshelves and various objects and a couple of dozen safes. However, Michael immediately took attention to the back wall that was filled with weapons, spotting his sword in the upper middle part of the wall. It was a long silver sword with holy and angelic symbols etched into it and a decorative, golden shaft. He slowly walked towards it, not really waiting for Joseph if he was still dealing with the witches upstairs. He broke the alarm and lock to the fenced cage protecting the large wall, but before he could reach his hand in to take a hold of his sword, he was stopped by an unnatural force. He then locked down to see that a ring of holy fire had been ignited. An automated trap. Almost as if they'd expected Michael to come and retrieve his weapon.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyFre Okt 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Magic filled up the entire house, and Joseph could hear the witches heartbeats almost explode with fear. He would too if he had been in there shoes, and cared of course. Joseph took on the last witch, grabbed her arm and she screamed as her powers were drained from her body. "Shhh," he rolled his eyes and moved his eyes towards Michael. He could fight of some witches, Joseph was sure of that, also one of the reasons he didn't really fight more of them for now. However, despite Joseph's wish not to get his hands even dirtier, a few demons among the witches made their choice to fight the guy without holy lights. He let go of the witch, who now was powerless in this fight and made a good choice to flee. The siphoner held up his hand injecting the demons to stop their movement and fall to the ground in pain. "Why do people assume attacking is the best way to get what they want," he rolled his eyes to tag along with Michael who had disappeared down to the basement.

He looked around tracking Michael's scent and how it blended in with all the stuff that was stored in the basement. He was about to walk closer to the room, when he heard the alarm and sighed as he stepped into the room. "I thought you would have learned by now?" Joseph shook his head and took a look at Michael surrounded by holy fire. "Always check for traps," Joseph looked more like a disappointed father. He looked around them at all the books and objects. There was a statue close to him, shaped like a human holding her arms over cross with her hands resting on her shoulders. "That looks so real, and.." he held his fingers out touching it slightly," magical. Interesting." Joseph then turned his eyes over to Michael again. "By the way, I'm not very fond of you visiting my witch in Oakheart," he looked more serious at the archangel. Joseph had his little birds everywhere and he always kept a close eye on his favorite witch. Joseph breathed out and looked at the fire. "Seems like otherwise you got yourself in some trouble there - looks nasty," he made a grimasse and looked around them.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyFre Okt 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Michael stood in the middle of the trap when Joseph joined him in the basement, making him take a step closer to the edge of it. He scoffed briefly at his comment, looking around the basement, almost as if checking for other traps before his eyes landed on him again. “The trap was magically concealed,” he explained. Otherwise, he’d surely not walked straight into one. He wasn’t completely stupid, albeit the looks of it. Although, in hindsight, he should have waited for Joseph to arrive before he’d decided to break the lock to retrieve his sword. He turned his gaze to the statue that seemed to catch his interest, clearly not in a rush to free Michael from the trap. And as he touched the object, he looked down at the flames surrounding him, rendering his abilities useless until it was broken. “Yes, very interesting indeed,” he agreed with an underlying sarcastic tone.

He arched a brow as he said that he wasn’t fond of him visiting his witch in Oakheart, which only could mean one witch in particular. He raised his chin as he looked at him. His?Can’t blame a man for needing the help of a witch, now can we? But if you care so much about her, and it seems that you do, I’m sure you know that I haven’t harmed her.” His eyes studying him with a newfound curiosity because he had seldomly seen Joseph care for another person. In whatever way and extent that the siphoner could care about someone other than himself. “Did she break your heart or something?” he asked, more mockingly than intended before a faint smirk formed on his expression. Not willing to believe they were in a current relationship. “Or are you actually dating?

He noticed how he looked at the fire, only to comment that he’d gotten himself in some trouble. And he wasn’t wrong. It would take some time before the fire would extinguish itself. “A little help would be appreciated,” he said as he gestured towards the ring of fire, expecting him to help turn it off. Because if he didn’t, their relationship would quickly turn to the worse. And he was sure that they both preferred to avoid such a scenario.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Okt 06, 2020 5:39 pm

"Buddy, we would have had a totally different conversation if you had," Joseph pointed out. He did care in his own way about Saga, not that he was capable of understanding that emotion - however, he had an idea. "I'm actually not sure," he leaned against the wall and began to think back to the time. Joseph had left one day, not really giving Saga any heads up about it - he didn't know he had to give people that kind of information, so he had taken a step back from that commitment. Saga seemed to think it meant it was over between them, but could it be? Somehow it was, but he wasn't one to just give up. "It's complicated," he ended the conversation starring into the fire.

It was firstly when Michael mentioned the help with the fire, Joseph finally snapped out of his train of thoughts. "Right," he lifted a finger and pushed himself away from the wall. The siphoner crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes a little. He mumbled a few words to reverse the spell, and kill the fire that circled around Michael. Then he turned around looking back at the statue of the woman and frowned a bit. Joseph had senses beyond the average and magic always made his fingers tingle. "Can you smell that?" He asked and started sniffing the air, "it's not you.. it's not me," he took a step closer to the statue. "Magic has this gently yet spicy scent." He gently touched it again, sucking up just a little bit of the magic - but not enough of it to end the spell. He could hear the heart slowly beating and it looked like the statue was about to crack. "It's alive, or she is. Someone pissed of the wrong witch," he laughed as he took a few steps to the side and began to look at the shelves.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyOns Okt 07, 2020 8:29 pm

He scoffed briefly at his comment, figuring as much. Just like they would've had a different conversation had he harmed the human family. Besides, Saga had been nothing but kind and useful to him, and her moral compass hadn’t leaned too far to the wrong side, in which he would have an incentive to stop her immoral ways. “Huh,” he said, still with the curious spark in his eyes as he watched Joseph lean up against the wall, claiming that the state of their relationship was complicated. It seemed that however small, large or bygone they were, he had once developed feelings for this woman.

He exhaled slowly as Joseph extinguished the fire, adjusting the cuff of his sleeve slightly as he felt himself regain his full strength. “Thank you,” he said as he looked at Joseph before he turned around and took a hold of his sword, feeling an instant static by the initial touch before the symbols glowed blue. A sign of it recognizing its owner. He strengthened his grip of it as he removed it from the wall, flipping it slowly as he analyzed every inch of it. Ensuring that it was in perfect condition. Afterward, he looked up at Joseph, asking him if he could smell something which made him inhale deeply. “No. It smells like a dusty old basement to me,” he said, but naturally, angels didn’t have the best sense of smell either. And the spicy scent that he did notice most likely belonged to the more exotic collectibles in the room. The wooden African masks or the Egyptian papyrus or clay tablets. His gaze then fell to the statue as Joseph approached it again, reaching out to touch it and as he did this, Michael heard a faint heartbeat appear from it. He lowered the sword in his hand as he walked closer to them, placing a hand on the statue’s shoulder to sense its living soul. “You’re right,” he said, looking at the woman’s face with a disconcerted expression. Only to realize that Joseph had walked away to look at the shelves, not caring much for the woman trapped in this state. “We can’t just leave her like this. Help me remove the curse,” he said in a demanding tone. Even if he knew that Joseph might not want to waste his powers on her, but under any circumstance, it wasn’t right to let her be.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptySøn Okt 11, 2020 10:26 am

Joseph looked back at Michael when he confirmed there was a living creature under that stone. However, Joseph didn't really had any intentions on helping that poor creature. He looked around the objects that clearly had more interest for him, or that was at least till Michael spoke again in a more demanding tone. Joseph turned his gaze back to the angel and lifted a brow a little. "You know, if you wanted me to play hero.. I would have done my hero hair - this is not my hero hair.. and I don't really fit into the whole not all heros wear capes situation," he replied in a sigh and narrowed his eyes a little. He looked back at the shelf but also knew Michael wouldn't let him not help. "Fine," he breathed out like an annoyed teenager and stepped over next to Michael. "But I'm not babysitting," he pointed out and placed his hand on the statue's shoulder. It glowed lightly orange under the palm of his hand as he absorbed the spell. It was something watching the spell loose it's grip, how the statue like appearance faded and got replaced with a more human like appearance.

As soon as the spell was faded, a woman opened her hazel colored eyes and took a deep breath in. The dress she was wearing solved the mystery of how long she had been cursed, as she was wearing a dress from the early 1700's. It was clear she was of nobel statues from that time by her outfit and jewelry. Astrid had been able to hear most things around her for a long time, but frozen in her body. She took a deep breath in, feeling her heart beat almost exploding. She wiggled her fingers a little and lifted her hand up. It was weird finally feeling your body being able to move again for so long. The shapeshifter blinked a little  and took a deeper breath in before looking up at the two strangers in front of her. Astrid barely knew what to say or what do think, finally she was able to see something again.    
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptySøn Okt 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Michael tilted his head as he replied him by saying that he hadn’t done his hero hair, and that he didn’t fit into the category of the saying that not all heroes wore capes. But Michael couldn’t care less of what he viewed this deed as. He needed his help. Or at least, for him to point him in the direction of someone who could remove the curse because he wasn’t just going to leave her like this. He straightened himself as he finally agreed to help, turning his eyes from Joseph to the statue. “Well, you are the teacher of the two of us,” he pointed out, giving him a sideways glance before he again focused on the statue. Of course, he didn't expect Joseph to babysit her, and he wouldn't want to leave her alone with him either. Much less was it upsetting to think of him teaching a class of young students. Not thinking he was a great role model for anyone. He watched him carefully as she placed a hand on her and took away the spell that had turned the woman into a statue in the first place. He kept his gaze with the woman as she slowly appeared from the stone-like stage, turning into a living being. Her dress revealing that she’d been stuck as a statue for much longer than he’d anticipated. “Good Heavens,” he said as the transformation was still ongoing. He could only imagine how relieved she felt from finally being lifted from this curse. Wondering what she'd done to have been brought upon it in the first place.
He looked at the woman as she slowly opened her eyes. “It’s okay. We’re not going to hurt you,” he assured her, knowing that the last people she’d seen had quite the opposite intention. He kept the sword in a downward position to show that he didn't mean to harm her with it. “What’s your name?” he asked.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyFre Okt 16, 2020 10:08 am

"What reminds me of something.. what was it," he said trying to catch the train, while absorbing the magic. Joseph had something on his mind, and something or someone who was in his way. He could make Pandora take care of it, but it also seemed far to easy to trace back to him. If anything, Joseph always avoided getting his fingers dirty and if he could get someone else to do the job, it would be perfectly splendid.  
Joseph turned away and kept looking through the objects on the shelf, found a few he put in his pocket. He looked back at Michael taking care of the woman.

Astrid felt quite terrified, and she had almost forgotten how a face looked like. She could feel the calm aura around her and it made her not freak way to much out. The man in front of her assured her that they weren't here to harm her, and she knew that, because she had heard everything. "Astrid Noir of Nuremberg, or I used to be. It has been quite a long time since I've seen or talked to anyone," she breathed out and took a deeper breath in. "But I've heard just about everything," she added looking over at the other guy who kept searching for things. "And you are?" She returned her gaze to Michael not expecting the other man to actually say anything.

"Oh yes! Now I remember." He turned around with a finger in the air looking at Michael. "I need to have a little teacher parent conversation with you about.. what is it.. Clarice?.. no.. E..Erica.. no Erin that's the one," he took a step closer to Michael. "Remember the Winston's? Their son goes at the academy, and you know how oneiric demons can be? Searching through your memories to find what they want. I'm afraid they might use their son to get close to Erin, to get to you. Demons are nasty creatures. Hello love," he looked over at the confused shapeshifter. "Sorry for the change of subject, we have had quite the to do list for the day."
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyLør Okt 17, 2020 5:29 pm

It wasn’t hard to believe that she was of noble status, her hair and attire still replicating what a lady would have worn in the 1700s. But now. After all this time. She’d most likely been presumed dead by her family and wouldn’t have a home to return to. He nodded acknowledging as she said she had heard everything they said, which also meant she’d heard what the witches had said whenever they were down here. “Michael Sanctius,” he introduced himself, before looking over to Joseph as he seemed to have remembered something. He turned his chest to face him slightly as he explained what it was. “Hm?” A teacher-parent conversation about Erin, he would lie if he said that didn’t sound concerning coming from Joseph. He did know of the Winstons, but knowing that they were going after Erin, made it hard to think of why they’d want to get to him in the first place. “How do you know this?” he asked, looking at him with furrowed brows, wondering what it was that he’d seen or heard exactly. It was only natural for him to take this accusation seriously. Especially after his daughter had nearly died the last time she’d gotten involved in one of his messes. But he also wanted to make sure he got all the information that Joseph knew. Because either way, he was going to do something about it. Erin knew a lot about him, far from everything, and far from all his weaknesses, but she knew enough for it to be dangerous information in the hands of demons. He wasn’t going to let that happen. Not if he could prevent it.
He inhaled a deep breath before he looked back to Astrid. So much had already happened in the short time that he’d been with Joseph. But if he was telling the truth, then perhaps he could stop him before he got near Erin. In the meantime, he had to figure out what to do with Astrid. Wanting to make sure she was brought into this time era properly. And he was easily willing to do it himself if needed. “Did you know of any immortals at the time you lived, that we could take you to?"
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptySøn Okt 18, 2020 7:23 pm

"How do I know, are you really asking me that?" He snorted a bit and shook her head. "I know just like I know everything that happens around here. You don't need to worry your pretty little head about that," he added looking over at Michael and added a big smile. "I just thought you might want the information. If not, I will just keep it to myself next time," he sighed dramatically. Joseph had never really liked demons, he could tolerate angels because of their sweet blood and some of them were great company - demons were just annoying and thought they were better than anyone else.

Astrid was already confused enough with the other man who kept talking over the conversation she had with Michael. She was used to people not seeing her at this point so she waited for the guy to stop chatting, so she could maybe figure out what she was going to do. "Immortals? No, I'm not sure. I'm not sure anyone actually knew I was cursed. I have no one," she confessed looking at the angel with a sad expression as she realized that all her family had grown old and died by now. "What year are we even in?" -
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Okt 20, 2020 6:14 pm

He stared at him as he acted offended by his question. Not showing any interest in telling him any further details. To Michael’s annoyance, he didn’t tell him nearly as much as he wanted - despite him clearly knowing more. At least, it seemed that way. But he could have chosen to say nothing, so he could hardly complain about it either. Of course, he wanted the information. It was the exact reason he’d deployed spies of his own on Earth. Conspiracies against him, and especially ones that involved his family, was of great concern to him. He gave him a slow nod as he realized he wasn’t going to tell him anything else before he again turned his attention to Astrid.

He sympathized with her story. He himself had been cursed many times, and although he believed there to be a reason for this, he couldn’t help but get the feeling that whatever she had done, it didn't justify this scale of punishment. And that it most likely had kept on going for the exact reason that nobody knew of it. But luckily, they'd at least come by at this time to undo the curse. “It’s okay. I will help you,” he said, sending her a brief, encouraging smile as he looked into her eyes. “We are in the year of 2020,” he replied, knowing that it must come as quite a shock to her. “Naturally, a lot of history and technological development has occurred in the past centuries, but not more than you'd be able to catch up to,” he said, again to assure her that it was going to be okay. Even when she came across these strange new inventions. He had many times dealt with the same from angels coming to Earth for the first time. “I can bring you home with me until we figure everything out,” he said as he looked at the shapeshifter. Not wanting to teleport her unless he was sure that she felt safe enough to do so. He then looked at the siphoner. “And Joseph, if you happen to think of anything else regarding this Winston kid, give me a call,” he said before his gaze moved towards the staircase. “And clean this space up.” They could hardly leave the crime scene like it was now. With all the bodies upstairs. Of course, he would have dealt with it himself if it wasn't for Astrid. And Joseph had already expressed that he didn't want to babysit her, so he'd surely prefer the clean-up job over that.
Gæst
Gæst

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Nov 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Astrid nodded, trusting Michael when he said he was going to help her. The year 2020, she took a sharp breath in and took a small step back. She couldn't believe so much time had passed by. Astrid nodded a bit, when he said there had been a lot of developments the past centuries - but it wouldn't be impossible for her to catch up. She found a little comfort in that. It would stille take some time for her mind to put everything together, but right now her state of shook was just nodding and taking in what was said. "Okay," she breathed out, her eyes followed Michael's as he looked at the other man Joseph. "Roger that," he breathed out quickly, just till Michael asked him to clean up the space. "I will work some magic," he mumbled to himself and looked around. Clearly he wanted to clean this place of magical objects first. Joseph had enough magic to cloak the place till he was done either way. Astrid followed Michael to the staircase, she felt a little stift in her movements as her body woke up from it's slumper.
Michael

Michael

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Dec 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Michael took a moment to look around the room for anything worth taking, walking over to a cabinet that held some glass vials. His eyes scanned the names on their labels before he picked out a few of them and hid them inside the pockets of his jacket. He then walked to Astrid. “We will be teleporting,” he informed her before placing a hand on her shoulder, turning his gaze to Joseph for a moment. “I’ll see you around,” he said. And with those words, he looked back at Astrid and teleported them into the living room of the bunker where he lived. He made sure to stand close to her in case she’d feel faint as he removed his hand from her shoulder. “Please, take a seat,” he said, gesturing to three leather brown couches, facing a square wooden table with various scriptures and books on it. He didn’t think she would need to live with him for long, but until they could figure everything out, it seemed like the best option to bring her back with him. “I’ll be right back.” He walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water and a small plate of bread with butter that he returned to her with, placing it on the coffee table. “In case you feel thirsty or hungry.” She didn’t seem to have any injuries otherwise, and so far it seemed that Joseph had taken away the curse completely, but it sometimes was more complicated than so. He then sat down on the other end of the couch she had chosen to sit in. “So, I got to ask. Do you know who cursed you?” he asked, wondering why anyone would want to curse her in the first place. And whether it had been those witches in Moonlight Falls who had been the ones responsible.
Irina

Irina

Humør : If I stay in bed I'll be warm. If I get in the shower, I'll also be warm. But the distance between the bed and shower? No. That is not warm.
Antal indlæg : 313

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know EmptyTirs Dec 01, 2020 6:17 pm

Teleporting, she wondered how that would work. Astrid had always been told to hide her shapeshifting nature and abilities for that matter, it was seen as a sin to be anything but a human in the village she had grown up in. However, talking about abilities or anything in that matter seemed to have changed over time - or perhaps just location. It was a weird experience, as she felt moving from one location to another, it was like a weird rush, making her feel a tiny bit dizzy, which could of course just be from the dehydration. Astrid almost lost her balance, but was thankful that the angel was there to catch her in case she would fall. He gestured her to the couches and without a doubt or thought to it she walked over and sat down. Her hazel colored eyes looked around the living room. Things looked so different than she remembered them. The couch was even different, she couldn't quite place it - but then again it had been ages since she had sat down. Astrid's body still felt sorta stift, but it was nice to actually move again. She carefully placed her hands on her thighs, still looking around as her thoughts tried to break though. Her eyes fell down on the books on the table and the scripts - but she knew better than to just start touching other people's belongings. She had been punished for love, so if that didn't teach a lesson a hard way - what did?

Astrid waited for his return, her eyes darting shortly at the plate - since her body had been turned to stone, she hadn't felt hunger or thirst in a long time - however, she was sure it was what she felt. Astrid waited a few well-mannered minutes before she then took the water and downed half of it. The shapeshifter placed it back on the table and took the plate and placed it on her thighs, so she could take the bread without leaving any breadcrumbs on the floor or the couch. Then he asked about the one who had cursed her, of course she couldn't forget just that. Elizabeth had always been angry at her, only because that Bastian had fallen in love with the shapeshifter instead of the witch. The poor instead of the rich. "Yes, I do know," she replied and took a slightly sharper breath in, "A woman Elizabeth Clarell, she always had seen quite the devilish eye towards my marriage. I never thought she was capable of such an evil act," she breathed out and thought about the scene once again. Astrid never knew what had happened to Bastian after that, she had known nothing expect for the loneliness. "I don't know anything much after that, everything just went dark," she looked down shortly and took a deeper breath in. "I guess my sin was falling in love," she had learned that lesson when Elizabeth had ripped everything from her. She had won.
Sponsoreret inhold

The Devil You Know Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: The Devil You Know   The Devil You Know Empty

The Devil You Know
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come
» Devil you Don't [cw]