Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Cecilia

Cecilia

Humør : Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn.
Antal indlæg : 390

Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyTors Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Ethan breathed out and shook his head a little at Maeve's comment about him not understanding art, just as he was about to come with a defense for himself, his father agreed with her. He sighed and nodded a bit, "you got me, sorry If I don't understand artist.. Leonardo Dicaprio and Mona Lisa, or your know," he took a deeper breath in, already sensing he had said something wrong in his sentence but chose to ignore it. His attention moved to witches as Maeve mentioned witches not turning to stone, it reminded him of something Michael had told him not long ago. "Didn't you have a mission where you rescued a woman who had been turned to stone, saying she had been cursed?" Ethan then asked and looked back at Michael, "Astrid Noir.. if I remember correctly," he narrowed his eyes a little, art wasn't his thing, but he was usually good at history and he always listened to Maeve's story telling. "So what if this witch Elizabeth Clarell was the one casting the curse on Astrid, turning her into stone because the Duke married Astrid instead of her?" He asked and looked from Michael back to Maeve - it put some of the puzzle pieces together. For someone who usually had to figure out how the mindset of people worked, it seemed like a classic old story.

Cecilia took a deeper breath in and let them talk about what ever they talked about, she didn't even pay that much attention towards it. Her mind totally zoned out, feeling the scene change right in front of her eyes. She could her a light buzzing sound, which made her frown a bit. Cecilia could hear water drops falling down from the ceiling and hit the floor in an almost echo in her mind. It made her close her eyes for a short second, almost feeling like she was ripped out of her body. The second she opened her eyes, she couldn't see Ethan's living room anymore. It was an empty room, it was cold and abandoned. Her heart beat jumped started again as she looked forward to what looked like a man sitting on a table with his back turned towards her.  
She hadn't moved at all however, she was still sitting with puzzle, but she could tell - because from what she saw, she wasn't anywhere safe anymore.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.
Fag : Studierådgiver | Billedkunst (løb og litteratur)
Antal indlæg : 243

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Nov 27, 2020 10:25 pm

”Wait, what?” With the victious feeling from Michael chiming in with his two-cents against Ethan, securing her to be the one right in the small discussion, Maeve had almost not paid attention to what was actually said. But really, how could something like that pass her ear? “The Prado Museum?” she repeated in a show of disbelief before turning her now quite big eyes towards Ethan just before a saying frown made its appearance on her face. “You’ve been to the Prado Museum. And you never told me!” It was a strike in the book of friendship, that was for sure. Hunt for supernatural or not, she would have liked to hear about it. It was a dream of her to visit that place. And the one who cared so little about fine art that he had called da Vinci for DiCaprio with seemingly no shame, to have been there… She felt cheated! Just a little bit. She could have punched him. He was lucky she had her hands full with other things. As well as her mind. Tsk.
Maeve shook her head resigned at Ethan - just; everything. She loved the guy but sometimes she wasn’t so sure how they stuck with each other like they were glued at the hips still after so many years. They were so different. Weren’t they?

The archangel following up on her down conclusion about witches and that whole ordeal had her raise her head and looked to the man while taking another sip of her tea and then lowering the mug to her lap. That was a first for her. Witches dying with rejected. And mates? It was something she’d expected for werewolfs. She glances a bit down to Cecilia on the floor, remembering her mentioning earlier. Was she really alright? “That would mean that the duke wasn’t her mate then, wouldn’t it?” she asked, looking back up to Michael. He was the person in the room who she had the most luck in getting straight answers from. “Or she should have died. Even if they hadn’t… bonded, however that’s done, she would have been rejected.”
Ethan suddenly adding his own bit of theory and knowledge about the subject, had Maeve quickly look to him. Astrid Noir. She couldn’t hide her astonishment. It was all a quite surreal. Not only did she have the lost duke as her house cat but apparently his spouse had been found. Cursed. “You…” She was about to talk, as she noticed her focus still was on Ethan so in an abrupt turn of the head, her brown eyes returned to the angel. “You found Astrid Noir? As in ‘alive’? After having been turned to stone?” The fright she might have felt with the whole supernatural thing didn’t show anymore. It was still sitting in the pits of her stomach but right now she was just.. amazed.

But the walk of curses still reminded a part of her about what was going on with Cecilia, and she looked down again. From where Maeve was sitting, she couldn’t see her cousins face. From what she could see, it almost looked like she was sleeping. She hadn’t said a word. And… she had stopped petting Puzzle. She saw up towards Michael with a discreet questioning and worried look. He should have a better view than her. He had promised her that Cecilia would be okay. But…
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Michael widened his eyes in a brief, over-dramatic expression of shock. Leonardo Da Vinci was one of the most renowned painters of all time. And he mixed it up with who? An actor? It wasn't often Michael knew pop-culture references, but he had seen the movie Titanic. He remembered it being a big deal to the humans when it came out. And having lived through that historic event, he was of course interested to see how they’d portrayed it.

Back to the topic about the talking cat, he nodded once to Maeve’s question. The witch wouldn’t have done that to him if he was her mate as it’d only hurt herself in the end. When Ethan reminded him of the mission where he’d rescued Astrid, he realized that he had heard of the name Elizabeth Clarell before. “You are right,” he said as he thought back on that night, which also had been the night he’d last seen Joseph. That lying, pathetic, disgraceful son of a… He abruptly stopped himself from going down that train of thought, already feeling his anger rise as he did. So, back to Elizabeth. It seemed that their stories were intertwined in that way. That this Duke and Astrid had been lovers, and that Elizabeth had acted out of jealousy, cursing both of them to a punishment that lasted centuries. “Yes, I found her on a mission in Moonlight Falls and helped her return to this world, however odd it must have been for her,” he replied Maeve. It had been rather fortunate that he’d found her that night, and truth was, he probably wouldn’t have rescued her without Joseph’s help. But the crazier part of it was how this strung it all together. “She said his name was Bastian. So, if this cat is him, that is great news,” he said, feeling like something good had come out of this night's events, after all. He had told his angels to search for a witch of that name, so it shouldn't be long before they could pass that information on to the duke and Astrid.

He didn’t get to think much more about it as he noticed Maeve’s concerning look after she’d glanced at Cecilia. Michael lowered his gaze to her at this, noticing the blank expression on her face and that she’d closed her eyes. In a quick movement, he moved from the chair to kneel on the floor beside her. He gently took her hand in his to ensure that her temperature hadn’t risen again. “Cecilia?” he called out as he looked at her. His worries returning to him like a sudden wave, just like it had the moment he’d first seen her lying unconscious on the floor.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Dec 04, 2020 6:43 am

She opened her eyes again once her hand was touched, but her entire expression looked more than terrified. Her eyes flaked around wildly trying to get a hold of where she was, not even Michael's voice seemed to reach her. "You made it, fantastic," the voice from the person on the table in front of her didn't sound familiar. Again, Cecilia had never really chatted with Joseph before, so she didn't know his voice, but she got her theory confirmed when he jumped from the table and walked towards her. "Sorry about the whole scene, I tend to be.. what is it the young people call it? Extra?" Joseph shook his head a little before walking closer to her. Cecilia jumped on her feet, making Puzzle flee for good reason. She moved back, but then again her senses were somewhere else - not even Ethan trying to call out to her was registered. "No need to be so jumpy, you are almost make me nervous," Joseph breathed out and tilted her head a little to the side. "Stay away from me," she moved her gaze quickly around her trying to see if anything in the room would be able to help her against Joseph. "Now that is not very nice," Joseph pointed at her but didn't really listen to her. "You got some interesting powers my dear, I mean, it was a bit hard to crack it - but when Ajax connected himself to your mind,, our minds, oh boy, he made things so much easier," Joseph placed his hands on his hips while thinking about it for a few seconds.

Ethan took a deeper breath in while watching what looked like a freak out from Cecilia's side. He couldn't really tell what made her react that way, because he had never seen anything like it. Not unless someone was playing with hallucinations - which was unlikely. Ethan placed his hand on Maeve's shoulder, and turned his eyes to her, mostly to tell her not to try getting involved - if they didn't know what happened to Cecilia right now it was better to let him or Michael handle it. He watched Cecilia walking backwards towards the kitchen, it looked like she was trying to get away from something, but no one was after her - he couldn't even sense darker forces right now, but then again his powers always seemed to take a nap whenever he was close to Maeve. "Stay here," he turned his eyes to Maeve before getting up. He turned his worried gaze towards his father hoping he had an answer to this behavior.

Cecilia kept looking around for something to grab, and finally she found a wooden stake and picked it up. In reality the stak was a knife in the kitchen that she pointed at Joseph or who ever was actually close. "I don't know what messed up game you are playing, but I want out," she yelled at the man in front of her, who seemed to smile a bit more by her anger. "don't worry dove. I'm just here to make sure you live up to your potential, I have some big plans coming up. And seeing you and the demon boy survived - it is going to be fun." - "Now will you tell Michael and Saga to stay out of my way, we don't want to end up playing dirty," he moved closer to her and Cecilia took a deeper breath in, before she made a choice to strike. However, just as she did her vision ended and she blinked again stopping herself from almost stabbing Michael. Her eyes widened up and she dropped the knife. "Oh m.. I'm so sorry," she said almost breathless and kept her eyes at Michaell, but realized she had been here the entire time. Her visions were never really like this, but she tried to get a hold of what Joseph had said, perhaps he had just interrupted one.
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyMan Dec 07, 2020 10:36 am

”Bastian Freidrich Noir, yes,” Maeve very netrually added, completing the man’s full name. She felt as if she was suddenly a part of some mystery show, how they had strayed from the earlier concerns and now were talking about a slightly more comprehensible topic. She was still baffled by the fact, that there actually existed talking animals - or rather people having been cursed into immortal creatures with animal features, still with their ability to speak with a human tongue. At least she had deducted that there were immortality involved as well. Or the dear duke should be well over 300 years old by now and humans did not live that long..

However the calm of the night didn’t stay for long. The worries she had shown when looking to Michael quickly heightened the moment the angel must have seen something that worried him enough to get up and go to Cecilia. Maeve had the fight the urge to do the same. To see what Michael saw. What Ethan probably also would see from where he sat. She nearly jumped herself the moment her cousin sprang like a spring lock, abruptly starting to freak more and more out. It was pure luck that she didn’t spill hot tea out over her hands, from how she had cramped around the mug. Her eyes shifted with high speed between the angel and his son. And then to Cecilia. “What-.. What’s going on? Ceci-..” The large hand on her shoulder came in just the right time, as Maeve had been starting to move herself up from the couch to follow Cecilia and Michael to the kitchen. She automatically looked up on Ethan, her eyes vaguely vibrating with a mixture of shock, confusion, fright and worry. She wanted to get up. But the look in her big friends eyes made her gulp and fall back into her seat.
She made an effort in calm breathing. Slowly and deeply in through the nose and slowly and deeply out through the mouth, before she turned to look toward the kitchen. She could only just skim the scene. She had to trust that these people knew what they were doing. Right?

By the sharp sound of a knife hitting the kitchen floor Maeve both tensed up and breathed out in relief at the same time. Being a helpless viewer had given her a bit of time to think some things through. As well as coming more to term with how her heart couldn’t take much more. Figuratively speaking. And perhaps a little literal as well..

Maeve carefully leaned forward in the couch, placing her mug back on the couch table with as little to no sounds as possible and then continued the movement till she stood up. “Now, will someone tell me exactly what’s going on?” Her voice had started out soft but as she spoke, she spoke with more power and demand. She even crossed her arms, her shoulders tensed up. “I believe I deserve as much at this point. What just happened? Why would someone curse Cecilia? And if any of you so much as thinks of saying something about you only keep me in the dark for my own safety then help. me. God! I will smite you all.” Having raised three boys as a kind of reserve mother she now held quite a lot of the same motherly energy, which she made sure to showcase then. She never shouted but her voice had become both stern and loud to make sure she was hears. And understood. “That excuse left town the very moment we started getting visitors from fairyland. Have I made myself clear?” She made sure to look to all the others, but mostly her words and such were directed at her friends. They had told her to have an open mind. Well, now she had. As well as very open ears.
This was different from how Maeve wanted to keep the supernatural a secret from her family. The supernatural had been revealed to her. Visually and verbally. Someone had to take the consequences.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyLør Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm

She opened her eyes at the touch of his hand, but it was clear to tell that she saw something else than Michael and the living room in front of her. He widened his eyes as she suddenly jumped to her feet, in the movement letting go of her hand before he stood up as well, not once looking away from her. “Cecilia?” He tried to reach out to her again, but his voice didn't seem to snap her out of it. He knew that she was seeing something else in her mind, which he presumed to be another vision, but it was a bad sign if it took control of her body in this way. She then started to move back towards the kitchen in which he followed her, only looking back at the others once he heard Ethan tell Maeve to stay. And he was right. There was no reason for more of them to surround Cecilia. “It’s fine… I think she’s in a vision or dream of some sort,” he explained to try and ease their worries. When he turned his eyes back to Cecilia, she’d grabbed a kitchen knife. He raised his hand towards the knife, creating a small wall of light that would deflect any attacks aimed at him. That way, he could still stay close to her in case she’d fall unconscious. He narrowed his eyes as she yelled, saying that she wanted out of the game he was playing, which explained why she’d grabbed the knife. She was most likely seeing Joseph or someone who worked for him. He noticed that she was about to strike, which prompted him to expand the shield slightly. But she stopped herself before the blade contacted it and blinked a few times. He closed his hand in a fist, removing the light with it, knowing that she’d returned to her normal self again. He then opened the palm of his hand, creating a swift wind under the knife to levitate it into his grip before he put it away in the kitchen. “It’s okay,” he said in a calm voice, giving her a few seconds to realize where she was. “What did you see?” he asked as he returned his eyes to her.

Michael turned his head at Maeve’s voice, surprised by her sudden demand. Especially considering Cecilia’s situation. But it was warranted, nonetheless. They all deserved an explanation and Michael wished he could give them that. A quick solution to all of this so they could continue their lives undisturbed by Joseph's plans. He clenched his jaw as she used his Father’s name in a threat, becoming sterner in his expression as he was offended when people did this. He took a few steps towards the living room, looking briefly at Ethan before his gaze stayed with Maeve. “If I or anyone in this room knew exactly what is going on I wouldn’t be here. I would be out there dealing with it,” he pointed out, finding it disrespectful of her to demand an explanation in that manner, even if it was mostly directed to Ethan and Cecilia. “And don’t ever use my Father’s name in vain,” he added as he knew that it was God's wish for the humans. However, he did understand where her reaction came from and Michael didn’t mind explaining things further, but all she’d had to do was ask nicely. He inhaled a deep breath as he turned his gaze to Ethan, trying to see if he had anything to say, but he also knew that he was the one who had the most information on Joseph out of the three. He placed his hands on the back of the couch as he returned his gaze to Maeve. “The fairy, Pandora, she works for Joseph… and Joseph Blackwood is a siphoner, a hybrid between a witch and a vampire, and he wouldn’t have gone to these extremes or gone against me unless he really wanted something… Now, I can only make guesses to what that something is, but it seems to involve your family and Cecilia specifically,” he said, glancing at Cecilia at this. Joseph was one of the people he’d always had a hard time reading and his plans rarely fell into a specific pattern like some of his other enemies. He leaned away from the couch and pulled out a phone from his pocket to try and find a picture of him. Scrolling for a moment until he found one. “This is him,” he said as he walked closer to Maeve, turning the phone around in his hand to let her see the screen, not minding it if she took the phone in her own hand to get a better look.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptySøn Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am

She was sick and tired of this. This kind of vision had only been happening to her a few times, and she feared it would happen more if Joseph had any say in it. It wasn't okay, none of this was okay. "I think I just met Joseph.. in some sort of creepy way," she took a deeper breath in and wrapped her arms around herself slightly, this didn't really made her feel any better. "He said he had some big plans coming up, and he doesn't want you or Saga to stop him. Saying our minds.. are connected. I don't really understand what he meant, and I'm not sure I want to," she breathed out and looked out in the living room. What a show Ethan and Maeve had gotten as well. Maeve seemed to finally explode just a little, which she couldn't blame her from, but it was the last thing she wanted to deal with right now.

Ethan took a slight deeper breath in while waiting for Maeve to take a deeper breath in. He turned his eyes towards his father and let their eyes meet for a second, before the hazel eyes looked over to Cecilia, making sure she was the best version off okay in this moment. He had only heard stories by Joseph and it wasn't really like he had seen his face up close, but working what he got was a thing Ethan was pretty good at. "He said he wanted to see my powers potential-" Cecilia took a few steps further to the living room, mostly looking at Michael. "What would he want your abilities for?" Ethan frowned a bit, he was surprised it was clearly. He had never imagined Cecilia having abilities - or at least any that could be at use to someone like Joseph Blackwood. "However, I have a few cases at work that involves the Emerson Sinclair family, the only one people seem to be able to find is Pandora. I can look more into that when I get back to the office," Ethan took a deeper breath in. Dealing with Emerson's or Sinclair's was a task itself, when families like that mixed up, it was even more messy. Ethan followed his father as he took up his phone and handed it to Maeve so she could get a look at Joseph.

Cecilia took a deeper breath in and finally got herself to sit down in the couch again. She tried to find a pattern in what Joseph had said and what everything meant, but for someone who still was getting used to live in a world with supernaturals, it was hard to figure out what could and couldn't happen. She remembered looking at the fairy, how young she looked yet so gone. Cecilia had never quite figured out what made people act with such cruelness, how did someone fall so far that they felt like nothing else mattered? "We are going to figure this out, it might take some time. It's important that we are careful," Ethan took a deeper breath in. There was no use making Joseph angrier, and if he didn't want anyone to stop him, they needed to step carefully. He would hate to see what would happen, if they got caught trying.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptySøn Dec 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Maeve had no way to actually know just how much the other knew about the situation, she just couldn’t shake the feeling that she was the one who knew the very least in the current people gathered. And maybe not even only them. There had been obvious hints that Zitora also had been invited to the general briefing of the supernatural. She wanted to know what kind of abilities her best friend apparently had. She wanted to know how they all knew about this stuff. She wanted to be included now that the veil had been forcefully removed from her eyes even though she in all honesty had wished it hadn’t. She… wanted to know how she could be of help. Right now she couldn’t help but feel useless compared too but at that time it was more of a creeping feeling rather than something she actually was aware of herself.
The stern expression didn’t falter much by Michael’s commentary to her choice of words, however she did feel bad for it, so as she could sense Ethan’s anticipation as if he was standing within millimeters of her, she looked down at the same time, as she breathed in. Real deep, making sure to get fill her lunges and filter out completely, before she slowly emptied them again through O’ed lips. “You’re right. Forgive me,” she apologized while she looked back up at the archangel. The possibility for her to going to Heaven was already as slim as cling film - she was sure she had a long list of checked off sins, so shallowing her words wouldn’t help much, but he had deserved one for that at least.

Her arms remained crossed, though. Anger-fueled adrenalin was still spreading out through her body even when she got presented a more structured explanation. That just wasn’t the problem. There were still very little told of what she wished to be informed of, but it was the fact that Michael was the one opening up. Ethan said nothing! Cecilia were of course excused. Ethan was not. Was it really so hard for him to tell her about his deal apart from what was going on in that instance?  “Does she-…” At first her eyes and attention had been pointed at Ethan, but she quickly turned to face Cecilia instead before she redid her line. “Do you have some kind of superpower too?! What?” This was exactly what she had wanted to be told about! “And… who’s Saga?” she added shortly after, now turning back to Michael, as he had been bundled up with her by this Joseph. But again, the question was open to everyone really.

Her family. And Cecilia specifically. She didn’t like the sound of that but it make her cousins talk about someone being afraid someone was coming for them. Or rather; her. Everything had happened to only Cecilia. She had noticed nothing about herself or her parents or her brothers. Had something happened to Cecilia’s side of the family?!
Maeve’s arms finally unfolded as she was handed the phone, reaching for it with both the hand in the cast as well as the other one to hold it as carefully and stabile as she could. So this was this Joseph Blackwood? Sounded strangely li-… She suddenly frowned strongly as she looked at the screen. She then looked up at Michael with the same expression before she took the phone fully in her non-injured hand and turned it around for him to see as well. “Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?” She had to ask. For what she had been shown was not a picture of a man. Or a woman. Or anything really. Instead it was a picture of a x-eyed smiley like when an image file code had expired on a website.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 16, 2020 6:56 pm

He straightened himself a bit as she revealed that she’d just seen Joseph, then glancing around the room for a moment as if that would make him sense whatever she’d seen, but it appeared to have all been in her mind. Perhaps this was another effect of the curse, but he didn’t believe it meant that Joseph was connected to her in the same way that Ajax was. That wouldn’t make any sense. Because if so, he’d just set himself up to get hurt by telling Michael about Ajax, knowing that he'd trap and interrogate him. “It’s okay. I will find him and stop this,” he said, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder as he looked into her eyes. He hoped his words would provide some sort of comfort or assurance. He cared little for Joseph’s warning about not getting mixed up in his plans. If that’s what Joseph wanted, he shouldn’t have lied to him about Ajax and involved him in the first place. It was too late for him to just back out now. And he should know how persistent Michael could be when something or someone went against him.

Michael didn’t comment on Maeve's apology but instead gave her a small nod as he did forgive her. It seemed that she’d just lashed out because of her emotions, in which he couldn’t blame her - so long as she didn’t threaten people using his Father’s name. Cecilia’s reply didn’t surprise him because it wouldn’t be the first time Joseph found interest in someone because of their powers. He also thought it was obvious why he wanted hers specifically. He could use her to summon something or someone. Or he could use her to gain knowledge of the future. Both of which were advantageous for a guy like him. However, he’d rather not be the one to tell her friends about her abilities. After all, she understood how they worked more than he did.
That would be great, Ethan.” He looked over at Ethan, knowing that he had quite the database at work and if there was something Michael wasn’t good at, it was human technology. He usually hired hackers rather than try anything of that sort himself. “Saga is no one to worry about… Joseph and Saga had a thing back in the day, I doubt she’d want to interfere more than she already has. Saving Ajax from me. In fact… I think his threat was mostly directed at me,” he replied to Maeve’s question. Joseph must have known that he was with them for giving her that message. And based on what he knew of their relation, he doubted that Joseph would hurt Saga even if she did plan on interfering. And he was certain that she most likely wouldn't. She’d just cared about freeing Ajax.

Michael furrowed his brows at Maeve’s reaction to the image until she turned the phone around and he saw what she’d seen. A picture like the one Cecilia had seen while she’d tried to get access to her security camera. “No, of course not,” he said as he relaxed his face before taking the phone into his hand again. He would never pull pranks like that, always being very disciplined and serious in his work. More so, it worried him how it had been possible for Joseph to delete the image within seconds of him finding it. He had many phones, yet somehow Joseph had gotten access to this one, only confirming his theory about him knowing where he was. “I don’t know how he did that,” he said slowly, looking at it for a moment before he cracked the phone in half, not wanting to keep it now that he knew Joseph had been able to hack it. The last thing he wanted was for him to be able to find him via technology. With the two pieces of the phone in his hand, he looked up at Ethan. “He’s a science teacher at the academy, and he's indirectly threatened to do something to Erin the last time I saw him. So, besides researching the Sinclairs, I need you to try and figure out where he is… or at least who else he might be working with.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyOns Dec 23, 2020 3:38 pm

"I wouldn't call them superpowers, they are изключително досадно," she breathed out slightly annoyed, it was rare but it happened time to time she started speaking Bulgarien, "they are pretty annoying," she corrected herself, knowing at least Ethan didn't understand a thing, Maeve had heard her, Tyler and their mother speak time to time, not if that was enough to understand her few sentences here and there. Ethan's suggesten about checking up on that fairy seemed like a good idea, and Cecilia tried to pull the strings in her mind to figure out if there was anything she could do. "Oh yeah, she told me that. I went to visit her shop, trying to get something to keep him out of my house. She send me to this shop, this demon, Clarissa had a bunch of ideas - maybe she knows how to break this link thing?" Cecilia suggested and looked mostly at Michael since she had the feeling he would know if it was a good idea or not. Maybe he had heard about that shop, and Cecilia wasn't really a fan of Saga just because she couldn't really place her. Saving Ajax from me, her mind went back to that for a few seconds, perhaps it had been just that she had felt earlier - or perhaps she was mistaken. She blinked a few seconds after and looked over at Maeve who reacted to the phone. She had seen that before, Joseph was still there playing tricks - but didn't care show his face. Why was it important for him not to let Ethan and Maeve see his face? Cecilia took a slightly deeper breath in, wondering if Joseph gained some sort of power from being linked to her mind - she had just been in a vision, what if he himself had been able to use that to see something?

Ethan took a deeper breath in, seeing Maeve thinking it was a joke. Cecilia looking like she was trying to put some puzzle pieces together and his father who assured it wasn't a joke. He then returned his attention to his father after zoning out a few minutes too much. The sociopath was a teacher at the academy? "Who hire people at that place?" He spoke his thought out loud, but perhaps that was what they all thought about that in the end. "I will see if I can find anything on him, if not, I have a friend in Cowan firm - if anything Zee should be able to find some information on it. She is a hawk when it comes to finding things that should stay hidden," he looked over at Maeve who could confirm that.  Of course Maeve didn't yet know just what and how much Zitora actually was able to figure out.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyLør Dec 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Maeve tensed up in her jaw for just a second, biting the back of her teeth together at the slightly dismissive explanation she got delivered from her cousin. No. It hadn’t worked very well the last time she had tried making a big deal out of it. Too many thing probably happened all at once, making certain things a priority to the mind. She got that. She just felt like being out of the loop. Even more so when Saga got properly introduced. Or at least introduced. Someone to not worry about. “What kind of изключително досадно? Like, what are you capable of doing?” At least the unknown human had caught on to small tit bits of the Bulgarian language from spending so much time with that side of the family, that she knew the translation and could even say it right back. Although her pronunciation was far from perfect. Her British accent carried way too much over. “I can understand Ethan not feeling up to explaining what he’d got going on right not but if this man is doing all this to get his hands on what you can do, more than one speculating…” Or rather; 3 since she, again, seemed to be the one not knowing. “…why that is, will be better.” The frustration was still present in her voice and her tone but it was more there to cover up a feeling of hurt, which she didn’t feel was welcome in her right now.

A chill ran down her back and her eyes returned to Michael, when he assured her, that this was no joke of his. Especially the furrow of his face as well as how calm he was about it at the same time. The sudden aggression where the phone was snapped in half with no hesitation what so ever, made her body jolt and her eyes had widened for a moment, just staring at the broken phone in the angel’s hand, before her focus got drawn over to her best friend.
Zitora. What’s right! That woman wasn’t only good a finding hidden things. She was also good at keeping things hidden herself, it had revealed itself. “It’s true!” Maeve backed up Ethan and turned back to Michael for a brief second. Slowly crossing her arms, more in a self-hugging way than stern and demanding way this time. She was careful not to put her broken arm in an awkward position that would hurt. “She’s an extremely capable woman. Sometimes you’d think she belongs at the investigation teams and not a lawyer firm.”

Although Maeve hadn’t really commented on the whole thing with the maniac being a teacher it still remain on her head, as she took a step away from Michael, not wanting to stand so close. Her brothers were not old enough to attend the academy, unfortunately! But for some reason, she still worried. Sadly the storm outside didn’t make way for her to run back home to check on her own family - Cecilia’s brother’s family being looked after by angels. Or even made it possible for her to go outside and get some fresh air. On top of that; she couldn’t just leave Cecilia. Not now.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyTors Dec 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Michael looked between the women as Maeve insisted on knowing more about Cecilia’s powers, but Cecilia seemed to prefer to wait to tell her. Or simply didn’t think it was important for Maeve to know. In reality, both of her abilities had been revealed. Michael had told them that Cecilia had summoned him the night of Joseph's break-in. She might have overlooked it or explained it off as a prayer, but it was there nonetheless. And she’d just been in a vision. This could also be explained off as Joseph playing with her mind because of their link, but if not, it was due to her ability.
He looked at Cecilia when she mentioned that she had been to Saga’s shop and that she was later sent to Clarissa by her. Not knowing that the witch and demon were acquainted. Both more so, it worried him that all these people were indirectly or directly involved. Because who knew how many others there were besides them? “She very well might. I’ll try to ask her the next time I see her,” he said. For one who didn’t know their prior relation, it might seem strange that he’d be willing to ask a demon for help. The demons he trusted being less than a handful, but Clarissa had been unlike any demon he'd ever met. In fact, she'd been more kindhearted than most people he’d come across. And Cecilia was right. Even if she didn’t know a secure way of breaking the link, she'd at least have a few ideas that they could start from.

He walked into the kitchen to throw the broken phone out and clean off his hands before he returned to the living room and sat down in the chair again. Whoever hired Joseph clearly had no clue about who he was. And it didn’t exactly surprise him that he’d qualified for the position. But he'd lie if he said that he wasn't unsettled about him being there. Michael had gotten the impression that the academy was the most secure place for his children to go to school. Albeit, no place besides Heaven truly was secure for anyone in his family. But Joseph being there made him more inclined to research the school's security measures and potentially improve them. For the safety of all the students there. He gave Ethan a small nod as he said he’d try to find information on him before he mentioned another possibility. Zitora Cowan. It wasn't that long ago that he'd gotten her help on a case. She'd proven to be a very resourceful woman at that time. But it seemed that Ethan was much closer to her. He turned his head to look at Maeve as she approved of her too. “I guess it wouldn't hurt to make her dig up whatever she can find. My impression of her tells me that she knows a lot about a lot of people,” he said, remembering how she’d known some influential people in Southside. This being the reason they'd gotten the information of their target's location. And she'd seemed very confidential too. So, he hardly saw a problem in getting her help.
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyTors Jan 14, 2021 7:11 am

Of course she understood that Maeve wanted to know, and it might be good for her to know. "Okay," she sighed a bit exhausted, but nothing less than giving Maeve what she wanted, an answer to her thoughts. "I get these visions.. like before.. where I see things. Or they don't usually come around like that.. you know my gut feeling always has been quite strong, turns out seeing possibly actions of the future is the reason," she explained the first part and looked over at Maeve. There was no energy back in Cecilia's system to even attempt to smile. She took a larger breath in, "and I can summon people. How is still a mystery, it has only happened a few times," she turned her big doe eyes over at Michael for a split second before looking back at Maeve again.

She nodded when Michael confirmed that Clarissa could be of use, or at least know something. Cecilia was however, surprised by the fact that he would try to ask her, wasn't that against some secret archangel law - or perhaps there was more to the story. It sounded like he knew her, but it was mostly by the way he spoke. Ethan also seemed to pick up on that, mostly because he had been getting some ingrediencies by that demon before.

Ethan was sure that Zitora would be able to dig something up, even Maeve agreed with him, and Cecilia seemed to make a nod. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit to himself, he knew that Zitora and his father had worked on a case together one time. Zitora was the kind of person who you weren't surprised when she said she knew someone. "I will include her then," Ethan responded with a slight nod. Cecilia took a deeper breath in and licked her lips shortly, "he made it very clear that no one was to stand in his way. So even through all I want is to punch that son of a bitch in the face, we have to keep it cool. If this is a lesson on why not to threat him.. I don't wanna know, what he will do if he finds out we are digging into information about him." Her heart skipped a few beats and she moved her eyes over at ever single person in the room. This was her life hanging on a fine line here, connected to a demon and Joseph, or it had sounded like that. How else would he be connected to her mind like that earlier? "I promise, we will be careful." Ethan looked over at Cecilia and gave her comforting nod.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyLør Jan 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Maeve had maybe imagined that hearing about Cecilia’s supernatural attributes would remove all the weight from her shoulders, now that she had chosen to make a pretty big deal out of it. The same feeling one would get from finally proving someone right after arguing about it for hours. But… it wasn’t quite like that. She still felt relieved, it wasn’t that she was disappointed in any sense of the word. Not at all. It was amazing. Truly. It all was, when we was giving time to dwell on it. The supernatural. Angels. Demons. Magic. Just… She chose to shallow her continuing thoughts and speculations. For now. “Ah,” she said very softly and nodded slightly. “So you’re clairvoyant in a way?” It made sense. Strangely enough. Cecilia has always had a nag for hitting the nail on the head. Or at least near the nail. But who would have suspected her to actually possess psychic abilities? Well, she now knew of a couple… She discreetly looked towards Ethan out of the corner of her eye. She hadn’t had the suspension.
She quickly looked back on Cecilia. She didn’t look to best, if she had to be honest. She looked tired. But even Maeve didn’t like to idea of having her lay down and sleep. It seemed like the worse possibly thing to do considering… A bit unsure, she wetted her lips to give a second longer to thing her action through, still in the end the short-framed human stepped over to her cousin and wrapped her arms around her in a hug. Something she should have done far earlier in the evening, really. She squeezed one time and then let go, taking a small step back and then wrapping her arms around herself in a relax crossing over her chest. A trying smile on her lips. “And summoning people, huh? Then that means I won’t have to take the long walk over to you when you figure out how to use it, I guess.” Oh, if only Maeve knew how cheated that comment, even if it was simply there as an attempt to lightened the room a bit, would make her feel in the future.
“Thank you,” Maeve then said, looking Cecilia in the eye. There was something melancholic over it, though. Behind the smile, that seemed harder and harder to upkeep. “We’ll get this over and done with. We got to.”

Maeve took another step back and then turned around to return her attention further out to the whole room and not only Cecilia. She decided to take some careful steps over to stand beside Ethan to maybe look him over the shoulder at what he was doing. Purely out of curiously. “Actually,” she cushioned blurted out. “Are we really sure that it’s smart to involve Zitora. She’s a dear friend. And while she knows her stuff… I can’t help but feel worried. Like really worried.” Like a call from Heaven, she felt something soft and warm against her leg, and as she looked down she saw the border collie leaning up against her, immediately distracting her thoughts away from the possibility of losing her friend. Again.. If she didn’t knew better she’s think Puzzle was a family support dog.
“I mean, what do we know about this man right now? He’s interested in Cecilia’s abilities. That’s the jest of it as to why she’s involved. Maybe… I don’t know… Either he want to know the future or.. perhaps he’s looking for someone.” This was just shooting out in the air. She felt useless, so she had let her thoughts wander, which was a whole lot easier now that her mind wasn’t completely fixated on her stupid demands. She finally got down in a squat beside Ethan, down to Puzzle’s level where the dog without hesitation moved in front of her to be scratched and petted. Being careful with the broken arm. Tail whacking. At least one of them was enjoying themselves.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Jan 29, 2021 2:45 pm

The sound of a branch hitting the window of the room, had him raise his gaze to it. The storm hadn’t calmed the slightest, more so it seemed to worsen, and he knew he was to blame for this. He lifted the cup of tea to his lips to take a sip while he thought about the events of the night. He didn’t say anything to Maeve’s concerns about involving Zitora as he trusted Ethan’s judgment. There were usually good and bad sides to most decisions, and the good part of this was the possibility of breaking the curse sooner. Then as Cecilia spoke, his eyes turned to her. “As much as Joseph would like to think everyone will comply to his every wish, he indisputably knows that I won’t. And so, in the grand scheme of things, he’s asking to be taught a lesson himself. I mean, all I did was warn him off harming you, and he does this… curse you.” He shook his head lightly. Perhaps Cecilia would have been willing to use his abilities to his benefit if he’d approached her differently. But now all he'd done was create more enemies.

Or something.” He added to Maeve’s thoughts about Joseph. He had always had a fascination for magical objects, so it seemed more likely that it was regarding that. And even if they broke the curse, he’d probably still want to chase this thing, and hence not just drop his plans regarding Cecilia. He took another sip of his tea before he rose to his feet. Maeve had every reason to be worried, but regardless, they couldn't just let Cecilia walk around with this curse hanging over her. The risks of doing so being less than the risk of her death. He gave Cecilia a brief glance before he placed the cup back on the tray. He didn't figure there was much sense in him staying any longer. There weren't any dark energies around, nor did he think there'd be any once he left. Joseph had proven his point. And his distracted mind made way a stream of prayers to rush in, overwhelming his thoughts furthermore. “I’ll have to take my leave now.” He took out his pocket watch to check the time before putting it back, looking between the three humans. “Don't hesitate to contact me if you find any new information.” He then walked by Ethan to give him a tap on his shoulder as his goodbye. “Take care.” A second later he disappeared. And with his disappearance, the thunderclaps became more distant, the rain a light drizzle and the winds weaker.

//Michael out
Cecilia

Cecilia

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Jan 29, 2021 3:38 pm

She held her breath shortly, so he had told Joseph off, which was nice to know - even if Joseph had acted out with a curse. Cecilia gave the archangel a faint smile to show at least a little gratefulness. Even if she was beyond exhausted from the events of the night, she had the heart to be thankful. Even Cecilia knew they couldn't fix this in seconds, or hours - and she was honestly so tired all she wanted to do was sleep. "Thank you," she thanked Michael shortly as he looked shortly at her. He had to leave again and she understood he was a busy man. There was more people out there who needed his help, and she related to that part - wishing you could be everywhere at once. "We will let you know," she replied before Ethan had the chance to say it. If anything, Cecilia trusted Michael and there was only a few people she trusted completely. Trust was earned, and he had done that a long time ago, even if they hadn't known each other for long.
Ethan nodded and gave his father a brief smile. "As Cecilia said, thank you. We will see each other soon," the human replied with a slight smaller yet pained smile - it was a tough night for all of them. Even through he had seen people die or being close to death before, it never got any easier. He was just happy that Cecilia was okay.

Michael disappeared and Ethan looked towards at the windows as the storm seemed to settle a bit. "And he says I make dramatic exits," he chuckled a little to himself before looking at Maeve. He went over to wrap his arms around her, just giving her a little comfort after everything that has happened. "You can stay here if you want, both of you. The spare room is free, but I can also drive you home if you'd rather that," Ethan suggested and then looked over at Cecilia, still standing with one arm around Maeve, to gently comfort her. Ethan also knew there was little he could do to make them feel at least a little bit okay in all of this. "I-" Cecilia looked at them and interrupted Ethan before he could even begin the sentence. "I would honestly just like to sleep, so I will just like the spare room." Ethan nodded and first then let go of Maeve. "Yes.. do you need anything?" -"No, I'm alright," she nodded to him and her doe eyes met with Maeve's. "We will figure this out, one day.. one step at the time. We need to sleep first, I do at least." Cecilia got up from the couch and ran a hand through her hair. "We can talk more about this in the morning." Cecilia didn't really wait for them to agree with her or not. She just went straight to the spare-room. It wasn't like she hadn't stayed over with the wine club before.
Ethan followed Cecilia as she walked upstairs to the spare room then looked at Maeve. "How are you feeling?"
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Jan 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Her hands still busy fluffing up the dogs long soft fur, Maeve looked up at Michael. He was leaving? She couldn’t help but feel like it was rather sudden. For some reason, she had in all seriousness thought that he was going to stick around for the remaining night. He wasn’t a stranger after all. Not some random police officer who had been sent to the house to inspect the damaged after a break in of sorts and then had to leave again since ‘duty called’. But that was how it felt. And it felt strange. She could easily blame that all was being strange at the moment for the feeling. Bringing back forth the fact that this ancient angel was in fact her best friend’s father, the best friend who was present, and her expecting him to stay because of that reason was even weird now that she thought it up.
To Puzzle’s sadness she stopped the wonderful scratching and petting, as she carefully stood up and lightly crossed her arms watching the goodbyes. She had wanted to say thank you allow side the other two, but the moment Michael’s eyes met up with her, she simply gave him a undoubtably thankful smile and an approving nod for him to leave. She got it. Somewhat.

And then it all seemed to quiet. And calm. The storm was still going outside but even that sounded like it had remembered to take a breath and counted to ten. The abrupt feel of a respite had blinded Maeve from her surrounding for just enough time for the feeling of strong arms embracing her and her face being more or less squished into a firm, warm chest to catch her off guard. Pulling her right back again. In the most comforting way possible. Though, it didn’t keep her from grimacing a little in confusion. She was fine. She didn’t need a hug… Even though she most certainly did and the hug was great! So, she didn’t do anything to stop it from happening. “I was actually debating whether or not I should stay or not. I kind of really want to check up on those at home. But…” Maeve’s brown eyes glided over to her cousin. “… I’ll be staying too. It doesn’t feel right for me to go home. I will, however, be staying up a little longer. I can’t possibly fall asleep right now. You go. I’ll join in later,” she ensured with a smile as she, like Ethan, followed Cecilia as she dragged herself upstairs. But behind that smile, Maeve was terribly worried. For Cecilia. How could she not be?!

It felt so natural, standing there beside Ethan with his arm around her, that she barely noticed that she was still standing there, discreetly learned further into him. What she did put a mark to, was how she felt like she could finally breathe properly again for the first time all evening. Even before all Hell had broken loose. How are you feeling?
The short brunette couldn’t help but sigh heavily and close her eyes for a moment. How was she feeling? “That’s a good question,” she stated as she took a few steps away from Ethan, her arms still crossed at first and then she let them fall like bottom-heavy floppy chains while she begun to pace the living room. “I’m not feeling great, if I’m going to be honest with you.” The words came out almost with a laugh, although there was a reason her eyes weren’t looking at him. She kept them busy by looking around. At the unused tub of water. At the mostly untouched cups of calming tea. The empty wineglasses. The slight disarray of the furniture from Cecilia’s panicked movements. Her phone, still on the floor, still with the emergency call number ready to go. She stepped over to it and picked it up, erased the number. She had to call home to… She got a sour feeling in her stomach as she saw the missed calls labelled Graham. If there was anyone, she didn’t wish to talk to right now… it was him, and that fact felt like a brick. So, she locked her phone. Even deciding to not call home immediately and lastly moved over to sit down in the couch.
“This is all pretty cool, huh,” she finally said with a bit more life in her voice and she finally looked up at Ethan. She wasn’t pale anymore. “I mean, not the thing with Cecilia being cursed or your father almost being stabbed. I mean, this whole supernatural thing. Who would have thought the fairy tales were actually real.” She held her legs properly together and she rested both her hands in her lap. “I should be mad at you for keeping it all a secret all this time, shouldn’t I?” She tried frowning, but the emotion wasn’t real so the lines quickly smoothed out again. “But I… I can’t blame you.” Suddenly she couldn’t look at him and she bowed her head to look down at her hands, at the colourful gasp on her right one. “I know it sounds silly but a part of me wished you hadn’t told me. Because while it’s all so amazing and so cool it’s also… pretty frightening. And I can’t help but feel like I barely know you, you know. Cecilia has known about it for how long? A couple of months. But you have been part of it your whole life.” She wasn’t crying. Not visibly. But as if the border collie felt something, it got back on its feet and carefully came over and sat in front of her. Pushing to get in between her legs to get a bit closer to her. This stopped her from holding back a misfitted chuckle.

Sidst rettet af Maeve Lør Jan 30, 2021 1:32 am, rettet 1 gang
Ethan

Ethan

Antal indlæg : 182

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyFre Jan 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Cecilia nodded to Maeve and went up to the spare room to prepare the beds for sleep. It surprisingly didn't take her long to just totally black out in bed, she was so exhausted that she couldn't even let her fear keeping her up.
Ethan sighed a bit, while listening to Maeve. He had sat many times wondering if he should tell her, how he should tell her - what would happen if he did. Even if she supernatural had been a part of his life since he was a kid. It wasn't because he saw them all as a threat, to him there was not much wrong from how she viewed the world - not other than there was different people out there, creatures to look out for. Maeve had every right to be angry with him for keeping it away from her, they had known for ages. He almost expected her to give him a quick reminder of reasons why he shouldn't have kept that from her. None of them felt great, feeling great in this state would be a lie. Ethan never wanted her to fake how she felt, or lie about it for that matter - he appreciated her honesty, even if all he wanted to do was to make her feel better. His hazel colored eyes followed her movements as she went over to pick the phone up from the floor. His eyes moved around where she had looked only seconds ago, how chaotic and tragic the night had been. They could have lost Cecilia, not even that long ago, and he couldn't quite shake that feeling. It had been an utterly serious situation and he was first now really realizing the aftermath of it. This is all pretty cool, huh, he looked up at her with a little frown, clearly a bit confused, till she at least explained. Ethan still remembered the first time he saw a shapeshifter change - he had seen greater transformations since, but you never really forgot your first one on one with a supernatural. This was possibly going to be a night Maeve wouldn't quite forget fast, none of them were - but for Maeve, it was the first night with seeing the world in a different light. Things would be changed from now on.  

Ethan shook his head a little, she should blame him, a part of him wanted her to be angry with him for hiding it - even if it was with the best intentions. "I might have known this part of the world for longer, but I assure you - I'm the same person that I've always been," he said and held his breath a little longer. Ethan didn't want her to doubt him, but he also knew he couldn't stop it from happening. It was a crack in trust to have been lied to like that. "The last thing I ever wanted with this was to break your trust," he moved closer to her and held his breath while walking over to her. Ethan sat down on the couch and exhaled while looking over at her. "We will find a way to help Cecilia, I promise you that okay. For everything else, I know it is a lot. And I wish you would have found out in some other way that wasn't this," he took once again a deeper breath in again and held it for a little while. Maeve had not only seen the supernatural, but also seen her cousin, a family member in such a critical condition as Cecilia had been in. It was natural for the mind to kick in a while after. Even Ethan knew he would have a hard time forgetting Cecilia's scream, the blood running from her nose, her eyes and ears while there was nothing they could do to ease her pain. He still felt hopeless, but he wasn't going to adresse that right now. He looked at Puzzle who had made it his mission to at least try cheering Maeve up a little bit.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyLør Jan 30, 2021 4:12 pm

Maeve shook her head. ”No no no. You haven’t broken my trust to you. I’m pretty sure that you need to do a whole lot more for that to ever happen,” she quickly, yet completely mellowed ensured him. She didn’t even feel the need to look at him so he’d see that she was in fact telling the truth. The sincerity in her voice should be more than enough. So, as he moved over to sit with her on the couch, she kept her attention on the dog in front of her, who at that point had given up on its mission and just placed its pointed head in the creek of her two legs, looking up at her with such pleading eyes. How could anyone be mad at this good boy? All Puzzle wanted was for everything to be alright again. But compared to humans, dogs just had the  ability to actually make that reality in mere seconds. At least, for a time. In the end, she became a lost cause and spread her legs a little, which immediately made the dog perk up and rushed in between them with its fluffy tail whacking like crazy, close to knock over a mug on the table hasn’t it been weighted down by the liquid inside. And Puzzle didn’t even notice! Because as the dog moved in, Maeve was ready to cup its head to resume the snuggles and scratches, that it so very much loved.

Then with an untaxing sigh, her head just kind of flopped to the side and landed upon Ethan’s big and broad shoulder. He was just the right height when sitting down, that she would comfortably do this without having her head lay in the exact curve of his neck, making it much less of a strain on her down neck. No. This was just right. However, laying there she still tensed up in her cheeks when thinking about Cecilia’s situation. They would fix it. That was what Ethan said. That was what she herself had said. But was it really true? Magic and curses like this felt like so foreign things. This wasn’t just ‘a true loves kiss’ kind of a deal. “I might not have found out if it hadn’t happened like this,” she said with a silent voice, taking advance of the calm around them.
“How long have we been around each other now?” She lifted her head from his shoulder, only to then turn her head and place her chin back down, finally looking up at him. The residue for the almost-tears in her eyes were thankfully gone. “10 years is a bloody long time. So, don’t you think I’ve just been too dim-witted, too dense to notice anything? I mean, I’ve had a talking cat living at my place for months now, and I was convinced that I was just really, really stressed.” Again, she couldn’t help but scuff another light-hearted laugh at herself. It was easier to handle it all with some humour.. “I just need some time to get properly around, I bet.”

While breathing in a good amount of air, she sat up straight again, not wanting to burden him with the weight of her head. It was probably pretty heavy by now with all the thoughts. “I’d just wish there was something I could do. If we were the Scooby-Gang, I’d be Shaggy.” Her eyes landed on the laptop, Ethan had been typing away on not so long ago. Beginning research still on the screen. “You’d be Velma,” she added while pointing towards the laptop.
Ethan

Ethan

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyMan Feb 01, 2021 10:59 am

"That's true," he mumbled a bit to himself. It was first now that the truth was out that he actually grew mad at himself, mad because he had kept it from her. Who was he even to take that from them, and playing God for a change of them to protect themselves from what could be attacking them around the corner. If he had told them, perhaps this would never had happened. He let her speak, and held his breath a little after she removed her head from is shoulder.  His eyes moved letting the hazel colored eyes looked at the chocolate coated pearls. "I had no idea you had a duke in your home, but it makes sense why he never really liked me," Ethan frowned a bit to himself, "it really wasn't up to me.. to make that choice of keeping things from you. Both of you," he removed his eyes from her, as he confessed that. He had made Zitora go against her morals just for the sake of protecting Maeve from this part of the world, also a reason why him and Zitora didn't always agree. "I bet, but still. I'm sorry," he looked back at her, she had to know that. Even if a part of her wished she hadn't learned about it or even understood where he came from with it - he still was sorry.

Ethan chuckled a bit and shook his head by her comment, "far from. You are way to smart to be Shaggy," he pointed out. "Velma, huh? I always thought that would be Zee - or maybe Daphne is more her," he lifted his lips up in a little smirk. He looked towards the laptop and frowned a bit. "We would be the best Scooby-Gang though," his smile lighted a bit more up. He leaned forward to pick the laptop up from the floor. "Maeve.. I.." He took a deeper breath in and shook his head. "Never mind.. I should clean this mess up," he looked around. The spilled blood on the carpet from Cecilia, the leaves that had visited them when the door had opened. The knife on the ground in the kitchen.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyMan Feb 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Maeve chuckled warmly. “Well, no surprise there. I never told you about that stuff after all. For all you knew, he was just some black cat I had taken off the street. That was what I believed, after all. And no way I’d want to entertain the idea of you thinking I was going mad. I’d hate for you to have to drag me to the hospital for electroshock therapy or what they do to cure insanity,” she admitted already feeling a lot better again. It swung so much that evening and it was probably still partly the ignorance talking. It had its roots very deep in her, after all. She had held on to it for dear life for a long time now, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone if she from that day on suddenly would begin to look back at some of her past memories with a bit of a new view, which for sure would be strange for her.
She made her smile a little bigger as she looked him in the eye and didn’t say anything for a moment. She just sucked up the nice feeling he gave her. If he hadn’t been there that evening… Not only wouldn’t her cousin be sleeping soundly in a bed upstairs. But she wouldn’t have been able to keep herself as collected. “You know, I really appreciate you, Bear.” She said it without any fault in her voice. It was as truthfully and as thankful as it could be. It didn’t relate to anything they had talked about but she had felt a strong need to tell him.

“Zee? As Velma? No no, you’ve got it all wrong,” she pointed out, pulling herself back out of the sentimental state by readjusting how she sat on the couch. Sitting a bit more straight up as to not slouch too much up against Ethan. “Zitora would be Fred. Charming and leader-minded. Cecilia could take up the job as Daphne with her clever aloofness and strong-willed stubbornness.” She hadn’t commented on how he disagreed with how she had placed herself as Shaggy. Because.. it still felt like that. She was a comic relief at most. Though not as much as Scooby-Doo himself. No. That role was, without a doubt, presented to Puzzle. The best dog there was. “Hm?” she just managed to let out and look back towards the man next to her before he dropped whatever he had wanted to say. And it left her rather curious and confused but she did follow his gaze around the room. “..Yea. I’ll help.” Fleetingly she look back up at him, as a last attempt to read whatever had been on his mind from his face but she wasn’t successful so she got up from the couch instead.

The left the phone on the couch and as she look upon the first task of collecting the different glasses and mugs from the table - she wasn’t going to lift the tub of ice water back into the kitchen, she had strained her hand already bringing it in from there - she didn’t noticed how It began to vibrate with the same caller-ID as the ones before. Graham. He knew she was over at Ethan’s place. At least she had been sure to tell him about the situation with the storm and her having to take care of Cecilia - all this before the shit had really gone down. But… there was the risk of the red bearded man not remembering any of it..
Ethan

Ethan

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyMan Feb 01, 2021 4:43 pm

He couldn't help but smile by the fact she kept the spirit up, she had always been able to keep the spirit up no matter what - it was what he loved most about her. He would have drowned in the dark sea without that light many years ago, and she had no idea how much she had done for her. "Right," Ethan took a deeper breath in and just trying to navigate how he felt about everything. He was more known to think the worst or feel the worst, because of his ability to being drawn to the negative forces. Ethan took a deeper breath in and tried to keep his head cold, his mind with ease. At least Cecilia was most likely sleeping right now - he couldn't shake the fact of what had happened, and every fiber in his body was aware if anything should happen. Even sudden movements from Puzzle made him react, the hunter instinct was active. He moved over looking at the tub of ice, before he picked it up and walked out to the kitchen. Once he had picked that up, he lifted the knife from the floor. He froze for a second, he had never seen Cecilia's abilities in use either, even if he could fold a calm mask pretty good - it had still done a number on him. Ethan put the knife back where it belonged and sighed a bit. Then he emptied the ice in the sink and shook his head a little bit.

Ethan took a deeper breath in, just the thought it could have been Maeve - yes he cared by both of them, but Maeve - Maeve was Maeve, he couldn't or wouldn't even begin to think of a life where she wasn't a part of it. He turned his head towards her and walked directly over to her and just wrapped his arms around her, he didn't really feel like letting go or explaining this rather impulsive and emotional hug. Ethan kissed the top of her head and just closed his eyes shortly. He had no words, he couldn't even begin to explain how he was feeling - he just needed to stand there, in a few seconds.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyMan Feb 01, 2021 11:32 pm

With wine glasses in between her fingers and a tea-filled mug in each of her hands, she ventured into the kitchen just as Ethan emptied the tub of ice water, most of the ice having melted in the heat of the moment but there were still some chunks left to clash against the sink. Yet, far rom loudly enough to warrant a possibility for it to wake up any of the sleeping souls in the house. Actually; it might even be possible for a meteor to land right outside the house and the sleeping beauty upstairs wouldn’t even wake up from her beauty sleep. Maeve carefully placed the handful of drinking utensils on the kitchen counter and started emptying the tea from the mugs into the sink as well, the lasting bit of heat from it enough to melt some of the smaller pieces of ice. A shame, really. Ethan had wasted time on making this for them, she couldn’t help but think. Even been as thoughtful as to brew tea with valerian. But surely this time it hadn’t been because people hadn’t liked it. She had long realised how he made tea how she liked it, which wasn’t the most standard and overall loved way.
This fleeing realisation brought an unconscious smile upon her face. The silence and the slight clinking gave of the same mellow feeling that one always was left with after a party, after every guest had left and it was just the host left to do the bit of cleaning so everything didn’t have to get one the next day when the social hangover would hit.

Maeve noticed Ethan closing in, seeing him move just out of the corners of her eyes, and yet the second hug of the night surprised her just as well. “Hm?” She blinked a bit befuddle. She wasn’t opposed to the hug but he wasn’t usually like this. “Ethan? What is it? Is something wrong?” she asked softly, putting back down the second mug of tea she had been about to pour out so she that way could have both her hands and arms free. The kiss didn’t feel like much more than him pressing his face into her hair since it was so thick, but she felt it nonetheless. And not long after she felt a warmth flush up in her face and ears. With her own face more of less hidden into his chest, he luckily couldn’t see any of it. Not even the tension in her cheeks.
Gently she wrapped her down arms around him. She did her best, at least. Using him as support, which easy peasy with him holding around her as he did, she stood up on her toes and thereby reached her hands more up and around his neck. Embracing him as comforting as she could. That’s right. It wasn’t only Cecilia. Or Maeve. How could she forget? She was a lousy friend, that was what she was.
“So,“ she calmly started out to peacefully break the silence but not break the hug. It didn’t feel like a hug that should be broken. Not yet. “Your dad is an angel, huh. Maybe I should get you to put in a good word or two for me which he can bring with him to God. I don’t think I’ve been to church for some time, not since Tyler and Jessica’s wedding.” She chuckled quietly to herself. Feeling his warmth. His breathings as his torso expanded and deflated up against hers.
Ethan

Ethan

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyTirs Feb 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Ethan couldn't even begin to explain, explain how the simple touch, handshake, embrace or just her head on his shoulder could almost neutralize his darkness - leaving him in peace. How could he even explain that without it sounding even more crazy. What is it. Something wrong? Everything was wrong he thought to himself, he just wanted a moment of peace - a second where he wasn't feeling like everything was falling apart. He felt her arms around him and he just enjoyed the moment while it lasted. Listening as she spoke, breaking nothing but the silence in the room. "I will be sure to ask him" he chuckled a bit and managed to smile just a little bit. "I haven't really been either, so maybe we should go together," he commented still having a slight sensation of humor in his voice - it hadn't left him yet. "It's weird though," he pulled slightly out of the hug, just so he still could look down into her big brown eyes. "I never really wanted to know my biological father, and then realizing I've known him for years without us knowing. It has taken some time for me to actually realizing it was happening." It had been a crazy ride, and news he had wanted to share with his best friend - news he couldn't share because of the secret till now at least. "My sister however.. is a mouthful, or at least just very closed off. I hope she will warm up to me," he confessed on the next exhale - still feeling a bit overwhelmed by that event, and every emotion just seemed to stir the following and he couldn't really stop them.

He finally let go and his hazel colored eyes looked down over her, "how is your arm? You must have strained it too much doing everything," he frowned a bit as worry yet seemed to fill his eyes. "All I wanted was this to be a safe place for you to stay.. and now.. it's clearly not," he took a sharper breath in and looked down at her hands as he grabbed them gently. "I will clean the blood from the carpet - don't strain your arm too much." He nodded a bit to himself and looked back into her eyes. Ethan had been removing blood from his home before, it was a long time ago since the floor and furniture had been coated with it - but it gave him a minor flashback he hadn't expected.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 EmptyTors Feb 04, 2021 2:29 pm

In syncretised movements to Ethan’s, she relaxed the embrace her arms had around his neck and let them her hands fall down to rest by the top of his arms, while he pulled a little away. Her smile was still there, ready to fall into view, however his eyes only saw hers while simultaneously catching her full attention. It was so comfortable looking him in the eye. She rarely felt like looking way out of simple discomfort. That might be how he always seemed to know when she was feeling guilty for something or just hiding something since those were the most frequent times where she’d be avoiding looking at him. Though, her smile did fade ever so slightly as it slowly began to shimmy into inappropriate timing. Him opening up about his family. “I get that. I almost didn’t even believe it when you told me. It just seems so strange, having been around him all this time.” She gently tilted her head, looking at him. It did make her thing of a similar case to this. It was unavoidable even if she was doing her best to mainly focus on him right then and there. Because if she – no, no only her but the both of them. If they thought about it, it wasn’t a completely foreign concept of being so close to biological blood and not know it. One of the corners of her smile grew just a little but higher than the other. “Well, if you have survived the gigantic mouthfuls that are my brothers, I don’t doubt you’ll power through to this sister of ours. And when you do… I’d love to meet her too. So there’s a little motivation for you.”
She winked in a cheeky manner, before letting him slide out of the hug. Being around Ethan was so natural. Everything. So, she didn’t notice just how much of a romantic couple they’d seem to people looking in from the outside.

As if it was a reflex, she shook her head a bit, dismissively. “It’s alright. It has already mostly healed, remember, so a little strain to it shouldn’t be anything major. But I think I’ll take a trip by the hospital to get it looked at one of the following days. Just in case, you know,” she said to hopefully make him worry less about it. It did feel a bit tight but all that she would need was some rest for it. Surely. It wasn’t as if she had been swung it around or anything. It was fine.
Maeve remained silent as he started to blame himself. She wanted to tell him, that he was wrong. That this place still felt safe to her. Because it did! This whole supernatural thing did scare her, but far from how he probably thought. She just couldn’t find words that would make him realise that and not just take her words the same as her dismissiveness around her injury. So, she lowered her eyes to her hands in his and then kind of just.. shrugged. Pushing the corners of her mouths into her cheeks for a moment. And then even before she could try and say something, he was off to something else which automatically had her follow him with her eyes.

“Would you mind if I watch along?” she asked softly, referring to him cleaning the carpet. Daintily she crossed her arms lightly in front of her. “Maybe you can take me through how it’s done. Jonathan still gets those spontaneous nosebleeds every once in a while so I bet knowing a thing or two about getting something like that out without drowning it on bleach would come in handy. And my parents would have to buy less new clothes ore couch cushion liners.” She hid it become everyday occurrence but truthfully, the reveal of what he actually did – hunting – had sparked some new interest.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood   Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood - Page 2 Empty

Lessons on, why you don't threat Joseph Blackwood
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 3Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» A Credible Threat
» Daddy lessons - Lucifer
» Stay away! - [Joseph D]
» A ride from a stranger - Joseph
» Fjendtskab eller venskab - Joseph.

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Det sydlige Aston :: Bolig området, middel klassen :: St. Michael Circus :: Hus nr. 1-25-
Gå til: