Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

A step too far

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.
Fag : Martial Arts + Track + Music & Thunderbird history
Antal indlæg : 224

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: A step too far   A step too far EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 6:13 pm

LOCATION the halls in the academy close to Lucas' office
DATE 22nd of October 2021
TIME 15.00 ish
ATTIRE Link
TOPIC FOR @Lucas

It had only been two days since everything had changed. He had yet to get a hold on Victoria, but Jack could only asume the worst till he knew more. Jack took a deeper breath in as he walked towards the academy. Scarlett had texted Irina that night, he had explained to his new found family the reason why Southside wasn't safe anymore. Jack assumed Irina had told Cecilia to at least inform Lucas that it wasn't safe going to Southside, if not he hoped Eric had texted Noa and Noa had texted Lucas. Either way, Jack walked through the halls of the academy, his eyes scanning to see if he would see Lauren or Victoria, but their scent weren't to be caught. Jack spotted Lucas on the way out of his office and hurried a little bit up almost sprinting down the hall like a kid being late for class. "We need to talk," he look dead serious as he almost pushed Lucas back into his new fancy vice office. Jack closed the door behind him, well the two of them hadn't really been talking that much, and a lot had happened with Jack since the whole Eris thing and they had split up - a whole lot of things had happened, good and bad. Jack took a deeper breath in and looked at Lucas. "Something happened at Southside," he breathed out again.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Lucas

Lucas

Fag : Hjælpeunderviser i Kampsport og Shapeshifter History.
Antal indlæg : 174

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 8:18 pm

There had not been a lot of focus at work for once, these past few days, and the stress of covering both Jack’s and Victoria’s classes had not been enough to allow his mind a break in worrying about them. Noa had obviously been calling and texting often, to know if he had gotten any updates, just as he had called and texted her in hopes of her having heard from Eric. He had contemplated going to Southside regardless of the warnings he had been getting from people around him, but in the end, it was too risky. He was no longer a Serpent, and his own faded tattoo would probably do very little in terms of saving him from a battle.
As he excited his office, he pushed his glasses back on his nose and gently closed the door behind him; his thoughts still clouded with trying to figure out what was going on at his old home.

He sensed Jack and immediately stopped in his tracks. Was his mind playing games on him? A quick take on a pair of running shoes in his direction, and yet another whiff of the familiar scent of his best friend removed all doubt, and Luke spun around on his heels, worry painted with broad strokes across his face.
“I’ve been worried sick! Where the hell ha-“
He never got to finish the rapid snapping of words that mingled with all types of emotions, mashing his state of worry and anger into the relief and happiness that his friend was alive, before a stern and serious-faced Jack, practically pushed him back into the office he had just exited.
Something happened at Southside.
Lucas blinked.
“You don’t fucking say, Jack,” he growled. His annoyance quickly faded, looking at his old friend, and his face softened up. So much had happened these past months and Luke had felt himself drifting away from his old life very rapidly; and with that life the Serpents and his friends there. It hadn’t been a plan, but his own life had steadied and become a mix of hard work at the academy and quality time with Cecilia and he was genuinely happy - happy and safe and in a good place. Something he knew Jack hadn’t been, and his face contorted slightly in regret at the thought of not having been there for him.
He breathed out to steady his rapidly beating heart. Okay.
Luke reached for his friend, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. He wasn’t going to search Jack’s body and nerves for wounds without his consent, and instead looked softly at the dark brown eyes of the Thunderbird. “Are you hurt?” He asked firmly, making sure to underline that he wasn’t gonna listen to any story before knowing that Jack was in fact okay. Physically at least, for now. Then he would be exploding to know if Vic and the rest were safe.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Well, of course Luke was worried. Jack didn't blame him, he would have been just as worried - it didn't make it easier that Jack was untrackable due to his ability. He let Lucas reach out for him, checking him, well nothing was damaged because Jack had healed with his own powers - but in a state of panic, everything could be forgotten rather quickly. "No, I healed," he breathed out and shook his head a little bit. "Some dickhead of a former Serpent came back to take the Serpents," he explained and sighed. "I just returned from my transformation, I had no real chance - but I haven't been able to reach or get a hand on anyone since. I just got contact with Cecilia's cousin Irina, so I hoped she informed you it isn't safe," the story on how Jack now knew Irina could come later. "You haven't heard from Vic?" Jack asked worried and licked his lips a little bit. He didn't wish for Lucas or anyone to go confront the problem without them having more information. It wasn't like Anthony was just one man with a mission, he was a man with an army there to take what he rightfully believed he deserved. Jack scratched the back of his head a little bit. "She didn't show up for her classes Yesterday or today did she?" Jack tried to remain calm, but the cyrobird's eyes glowed a little bit up.

"I've been exiled. I'm pretty sure the guy thinks I'm dead - I should be dead at least," it was dangerous being a part of a gang and living in Southside, and sometimes they lived a sweet enough life as teachers here in Aston that they forgot just where they were from. "I was found by a friend of mine, she made sure I made it in one piece," he didn't know how to describe his relationship with Scarlett, because they weren't just friends and they hadn't really asked each other if they were a couple, but they wanted to see where things took them - yeah.
Lucas

Lucas

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyFre Okt 22, 2021 12:48 pm

He gave a slight nod. Jack had healed. Meaning that he had been hurt; and by the state of him, quite badly so. Luke couldn’t resist the temptation, and let his electricity pick up the weak electrical signals that ran through the body of his old friend. To his relief he found what Jack had said to be true. He had healed.
As the cyrobird started speaking, a little too defeated for the liking of him, Luke gestured to sit down. There were two comfortable armchairs around a round sofa table in the corner of the office, where he would sit in the morning with his coffee and read through journals - and it was a lot nicer than just standing up, he’d decided.
“Who?” He asked bluntly, as his brows furrowed by the notion of a former Serpent. A former Serpent? There were a few but most of them had left on good terms like he had himself. Perhaps someone much older.

Irina had obviously told Cecilia, and Cecilia him, but he had never gotten around to asking how the two of them were acquainted. Not that it really mattered, he supposed; there were more important matters at hand. The first being exactly what Jack asked .
Luke shook his head apologetically and drew a sharp breath. Fuck. “I’d hoped you had news,” he admitted with a pained expression in the blue eyes, pressing his lips together to a thin line. He shook his head again. “I’ve been covering you both. Lauren Martin hasn’t been here either.” He felt it easily, that glowing feeling of anger and worry that he saw in Jack’s eyes too.
I’ve been exiled.
Yet another furrow showed up between Lucas’ eyebrows. A ‘v’ that seemed to deepen every day, these days. He knew he had no business Southside anymore; he wasn’t really with protection and didn’t mingle there often unless it was to drop in and say hi to his friends on the rare occasion. Yet he knew what this all meant.
“Jack,” he muttered, sad about having to ask the question. “Did this guy win legitimately?” Did he do it properly? With Jack having had just been through a transformation, the odds were there, and it would be sincerely difficult to do anything about it, if this old Serpent had followed the rules; and they both knew that. That also meant that this new serpent king had done his homework before attacking. At least, he thought to himself, it was good, that they thought Jack was dead. Now it was about finding out if all the rest of them were alive. The thought made Luke shutter, as he tried to shake off the feeling of dread.
He nodded solemnly at his old friend, paying notice to the way he said the word friend, but not wanting to question it now. Instead he raised an eyebrow in a silent question before nodding again.
“If I can get close enough I could mind link with V,” he mumbled. The thought wasn’t nice. It was dangerous business and this new guy probably wouldn’t be alone.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyFre Okt 22, 2021 1:20 pm

Who?
Jack took a sharper breath in and clicked his tongue a little bit, "Anthony something, I didn't really get much chance for chatting with the guy," he replied in a sigh before sitting down. Now, Jack didn't like this at all, and he was even less fond of reminding himself of what had happed that night. Hoped he had news, Jack breathed out a little bit heavier. But saying that he had covered for both Lauren and Vic, it wasn't any good.

The cryobird took a deeper breath in, did this guy win legitimately? He raised his left brow just an inch looking at his best friend. "It's Southside Lucas, nothing there is done legitimately," he reminded him as he took a deeper breath in. "No," he replied when he said he could get close enough to mind connect with Victoria. "If this Anthony guy finds out you are connected to me, who do you think he is coming for after that?" Jack asked and raised a brow just a little bit.

"I have a plan, you remember Selene, the guard here? She has ties to Raf's pack, and before I tell Raf and he goes insane and does something stupid - I can see if she knows how to get close, - but I need both you and Raf to sit tight in this one, it's not your fight," not that he blamed him. He was just as worried about Victoria, and both of them knew Rafael would go out of his mind if he heard about this. Jack had spent the entire day and since he woke up Yesterday thinking about how and who could help. Getting Vic out could also just get her in trouble, but his final plan before going in himself with the remains of the core for was asking one of Victoria's friends Cassian for help. Or his newfound brothers, but it was also something asking them to help with his personal issues. "I met some of my biological brothers two weeks ago, if something goes south, I'm sure they have some resources that might be helpful," he informed. They needed to be smart about this. "Vic is smart - she can handle this."
Lucas

Lucas

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyOns Okt 27, 2021 6:45 am

Anthony something.
Luke shook his head lightly. He’d never heard of an Anthony. There wasn’t much to say at this point except swear words under his breath. He leaned back into the chair trying not to look all too troubled by what was going on, but as Jack then pointed out, Southside wasn’t like the rest of the country. It was different there. Rules weren’t really rules, and the strongest took control by all means. Jack knew this as well as he did himself. It had always been a risky place to be but they had made a home for themselves there and made it feel less risky than the rest of it.
Luke’s own brow raised, mirroring his friend’s. The brow fell back into place at the sharp reminder of what this guy could do and who he could harm. The mere thought of anyone harming Cecilia or Noa because of him, sent a wave of shivers through his spine and he shook his head to shake off the dreadful sensation.
The reply he gave was only a weak hum.

Lucas looked back up. He furrowed his brows. Selene? Yes he knew Selene, he had helped hire her. She was a powerhouse of a woman. His lips parted in surprise at the mention of Raf and he shook his head, nearly cutting his friend off. Raf would go berserk. “Raf doesn’t know?” He muttered. He hadn’t spoken to him, not wanting to interfere too much, but after two days he had somewhat expected the werewolf to know. He was well connected after all.
“It’s not our fight?” He spluttered, his eyes hardening slightly at the notion. “Don’t speak as if we aren’t involved, Jack, please. They’re our friends and family too. You know that.” Luke narrowed his eyes in displeasure at the mere thought of sitting still. Victoria and Jack were the only notion of family that he had ever known. God damnit. He clicked his tongue. At least Jack was safe for now. “Right. You’re here though. Is this just as a warning or do you need something?” Although blunt, the words were spoken softly. He desperately wanted to help but also accepted not knowing the full story yet.
“You what?! How?”
He couldn’t help a sharp, surprised chuckle. He’d found family?! How on earth Lucas had been so disconnected all summer was beyond himself.
She can handle this. And Luke knew that that was true. She’d been through a lot. She could handle this.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far EmptyOns Okt 27, 2021 8:11 am

"To be fair, I just got around to come to my senses last night," he pointed out. "I was planning on telling him, when I knew if him knowing would be for better or worse - or at least till I know how things are," Jack clicked his tongue a little bit. Jack held is breath a little, it wasn't like he expected Lucas nor Rafael to back down from a fight like this, after all, they had always fought battles together - but it had never been about a human man like Anthony that held so much power. "I know," he sighed a bit scratching the back of his head. "But no one is doing anything till I have a clear map on what is going on, rushing into something we don't understand the means off will just end up with our heads getting cut off,"Jack scratched his upper arm right where his serpent tattoo had been before Anthony had cut it off, but of course the fabric from the jacket covered the missing mark. "I wanted you to see me, because you at least deserved to know what was going on," Jack informed. "I still have my apartment in the city center, so I will be staying there till I do much more than that," he breathed out. At least that was what he could do now, and live a somewhat normal life till perhaps things settled a little, or he came up with a plan. "Right now, I need you to be patient and trust I will do what I can to get people out if that is what they want - I would never willingly let anything happen to Vic, you know that -" Jack took a deeper breath in and looked towards the window shortly.

It seemed so there wasn't a bad or good timing to tell stuff like this. Jack had met his biological sister on his mother's side back in spring, but had had little interest in getting to know her or any family. So, what had changed here. "I only just met them in the beginning of this month, I was on my way home from work, when I talked to Maya - she waited for her sister, you remember Katelyn?" He knew it was a change of the topic from earlier, but he also knew that since Lucas figured just how small the world around them were, that perhaps the back up wasn't just anyone. "They are my nieces - Katelyn sensed it, it was all weird and overwhelming, but they got me convinced to meet up with their father, Nigel, you know Irina's boyfriend," he informed folding his lips a little, "I'm Nigel's half brother - which is a longer story," Jack added pressing his brows a little bit together. "Do you have any coffee in this fancy office?" Jack then asked looking around. He was still not completely used to the fact that he had family that wanted to spend time getting to know him, and then there were the other factors, like the ones where his father was a hunter and Jack therefor came from a long line of hunters. But at least this conversation could distract them a little from the fact of not being able to do something about the Anthony thing just yet.
Sponsoreret inhold

A step too far Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: A step too far   A step too far Empty

A step too far
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» One step at a time
» Step into my game {Dina}