Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Truths Revealed [cw]

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

Truths Revealed [cw] Empty
IndlægEmne: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyLør Sep 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Time: Midnight
Date: March 27, 2021
Outfit: A black three-piece suit,
a burgundy tie and black dress shoes
Dedicated to: @Eris Clarke

CONTENT WARNING: Torture, violence

It had been near impossible to gather any information on Calvin, let alone where he’d gone. He'd been quick to establish a search team for the demon after he'd rescued Elenora, but they'd found no trace of him. Furthermore, the images people had of him seemed to change every time he saw them, so he didn't even know what he looked like. However, his angels had found something. Apart from his familiar relations and prior occupation, they’d found that he was married. So, he commanded two of his angels to find his wife, convinced that it would bring him closer to the demon. They waited for her to go somewhere alone before they'd shot her unconscious with a sleep dart and transported her.
They took her to an old chapel in an underground mine, long since abandoned. But there was something majestic about the tall ceiling and its carved stone statues. The only source of light came from two torchlights on the wall next to the entrance and a few candles on the altar, illuminating a large cross above it. The original wooden benches stood in perfect symmetry on each side of the nave, but the shelves were broken off, leaving splinters of wood near the walls. The demon was sitting in a wooden chair with her wrists chained to the armrests in the space in front of the altar. On the ground was a drawn devil’s trap, rendering her unable to escape. And with the holy space surrounding her, he figured it wouldn't take long before she'd talk.

Once she awoke, she’d be faced with an angel standing guard by the entrance. His sole purpose was to keep an eye on her. But as he noticed her awakening, he exited the chapel to call the archangel and stand guard outside the doors instead. Michael teleported to the location moments later, but as he opened the doors, and saw who the wife was, he froze in place. The heavy doors closed shut behind him. He couldn’t believe it at first. That the woman he’d met could be the wife of a serial killer. And although he’d suspected her to be exactly that the first time they'd met, she’d quickly managed to change his mind. She’d seemed so genuine that he’d deemed her to be part of the small percentage of demons who were morally good. He clearly couldn't have been more wrong. “You.” He stepped closer, thinking he’d made a grave misjudgment the last time they’d met. “You’re the wife of Calvin Ambrose.” He stopped at the outline of the trap as he looked at her, and the more he did, the quicker he fell back to his original precognition of her. “In that case, I take it you know why I’ve brought you here.” He stepped around to the altar behind her where a few objects had been prepared. Checking if everything was as he'd requested. “We can do this as slow or quick as you like,” he said as he lifted a rosary from a bowl of sanctified water and placed it on the altar. He then turned to walk back in front of her, the tip of his shoes stopping at the outline of the trap. For a moment he just looked at her, confident he'd be able to see through her lies this time. “Do you know of your husband’s whereabouts?

Sidst rettet af Michael Ons Jan 05, 2022 8:30 pm, rettet 1 gang
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

Humør : Well, this is some serious shit. What the hell happened?
Antal indlæg : 335

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTors Sep 16, 2021 8:56 pm

This year was soon four months in. Only four months, but it already felt like the year should have ended and started anew. Everything that had happened since the 24th of December had been nothing short of a nightmare. And though the soul demon got her power from souls and the very essence that nightmare was created upon. She didn’t’ care much for how her life had turned out.

So, when she woke, in a damped and rundown chapel, she wasn’t even surprised at this point. The only thoughts were great discomfort. A feeling that was all too familiar to her. She had used her whole childhood in a place like this, and memories that she had long buried came rushing over her like an avalanche. A small groan left her, which had to be what alerted who ever had been watching over her. Another strong angelic aura. Why had angels gone to such great lengths in getting her? Not only had they tied her to the chair, holy symbols burning into her skin but there was even a devil’s trap under her feat making sure she couldn’t use her abilities to escape. And even though her powers had always been somewhat strong she could feel how weak and useless she felt at this very moment. She was left alone. Eris blue eyes looked around, wondering where she was, but also how the hell she was supposed to get out of this alive.

Then she felt it. The strong angelic aura, the one that had drawn her in such a long time ago. Even as it had burned her very existing being near, she had still invited him to take a drink with her. Understand why he had followed her and how he had changed his mind that even some demons could be redeemed in the sense of not killing them by sight. She would have greeted him with a smile, if it hadn’t been for the strong you that left his lips. He clearly hadn’t expected her. So, why was she here then? He quickly told her just how much in trouble she was. Calvin Ambrose. She clicked her tongue before she could stop herself. Only found him again, and she was already in trouble because of him. Why was she even surprised? “No” she said with a hoarse and strained voice. She had no idea why; she was his wife yes. She knew that Calvin had plans and some of them evolved her being back into his life. Something she was still considering with great distrust. But why the angels had thought that she would now anything was ridicules.

Is that a promise?” she said sarcastically when he told her there was two ways, they could do this. “I might, but that doesn’t mean that I just give any information out, when people kidnap me and start asking questions without telling me what is going on” she pulled a little in her restrains to make a point, that her giving him anything would be a great stupidity on her side. He could kill her and get nothing, but what held him back from killing her if she told him what he needed? No, she didn’t play like that.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTors Dec 02, 2021 10:37 pm

No. He halted his movement, letting his fingers hover above the shaft of a knife. The denial sounded sincere, but he couldn’t believe that she was entirely unaware. She knew he’d done something bad, just not what that bad was. Besides, she could as well be lying—just like she’d done the night of their first meeting, played into his emotions in a ploy of deceit. Because he couldn’t explain it any other way—why the woman he’d met that night was sitting behind him now. He lowered his hand to the blade, etching holy scripture into it. The letters illuminated a dim blue that was doused the moment he let go. He then swept a grey cloth above the items, covering them because he never resorted to torture as the first thing. And part of him hoped that it wouldn’t be necessary to use with her, that there were demons out there who were different, that despite their opposite nature, they wanted to meet the angels halfway, favoring peace over war.

Of course.” She deserved an explanation. And he was only happy to give her one because he knew it'd make her more inclined to talk. He stepped into the trap, tracing her shoulder as he grabbed the back of the chair and turned her to face him. He then backed up, leaning against the altar as he reached into his pocket to retrieve a photograph. He gave it a long glance, once more discovering that the man in the portrait had changed appearance. “I wouldn’t have brought you into this if I hadn’t tried to find him on my own.” He turned the portrait in hand, showing a soldier in uniform with the name Ambrose on his chest, in which there only was one in his regiment. But his hair was too dark, and his lips too full, and every little feature was tweaked just enough to make the man look anything but the demon in mention. “Something is altering every portrait of him, and that’s only half of the complications we’ve encountered.” He wouldn’t usually admit to such things, but it was the only reason she was in this position. He placed the photograph on the altar and returned his attention to the demon. “He’s under strong protection, and right now, you’re the best thing I’ve got to finding him.” Even if she didn’t talk, holding her captive might just be enough to lure him out of his hiding place, and that would be better than most other options. “He took my daughter in February, trapped her in a basement devoid of light, broke her until there barely was any pieces left, and he’d killed her too if it wasn’t for me finding her first,” he explained, watching her reaction to his words, for any sign of sympathy. For anything he hadn’t been able to see the first time they'd met.

Sidst rettet af Michael Man Dec 20, 2021 10:09 pm, rettet 1 gang
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyFre Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Her ocean blue eyes the lines of the room she was in. Hoping that she somehow could be able to find a way out of this mess. There wouldn’t be anyone to save her, just like so many other times she was expected to save herself. Wasn’t blind to see how he enchanted a dagger, so torture would be the next thing she would experience if she didn’t give him the answers that he was looking for. Unluckily for him, she was a demon very accustomed to pain, in all senses. Now if he had wanted to break her, water and a dark basement would have been the better option. But, well you couldn’t always be lucky with how you chose to make someone spill all their inner secrets.

There was a slight widening of her eyes, when he said that he would give her what she had asked for. An explanation. Not that he could see it, as the chairs back was faced towards him. Then it moved, letting her be face to face with the archangel that had spoken about hope.  Given her hope, that not all angels were the same, and there would be one out there seeing the truth in demon and angels could live peacefully with each other. What a lie that had been. She looked up as he told her that he wouldn’t have brought her if he had been able to find him, himself. She could feel how she had to control every muscle in her face not to pull her lips back in a snarl. How dared he, speak like he had no other chose of his treatment against her. If he had just approached her, he would have been getting so much more out of her, than he would right now. Now the picture was something that she had never seen before, why did he look so different from the real Calvin? Interesting, what powers where her former husband playing with now? Under strong proception. Eris looked up from the photo letting her tongue glide over her lips. And she should care, why? Now, there wasn’t an ounce of empathy to find in Eris facial expression, until he mentioned his daughter. That Calvin had trapped her and tortured her. For that, she was truly sorry. She had two sons and a daughter, a daughter that was missing herself. And she would do anything, did do everything for them. But she was not to be held accountable for Calvin’s actions. “Michael” his name leaving her softly as she tried to keep his eye contact. “Now, I can appreciate a father that will do anything for their children, but you cannot hold me accountable for Calvin Ambrose’s actions" she let out a small exhale before letting the next sentence leave her "your first mistake was thinking I would tell you anything by treating me like this” the last words she snarled, not caring what her actions would bring upon her. She didn’t trust him; this wasn’t a matter that she owed Calvin anything. But if she was going to get hurt either way, she wasn’t going to let someone that thought he could bully information out of people win. In any way.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTors Dec 16, 2021 8:56 pm

For a fraction of a moment, he thought she would help just like that. He’d noticed the change in her expression when he’d mentioned what had happened to his daughter, and he’d hoped it would prove her to be that empathetic. But it turned out to be wishful thinking. Because instead, she wanted to focus on the way he’d brought her here. A minor issue in comparison. “I’m not,” he replied calmly, his gaze fixed on her as he stepped closer. Ignoring her snarling. Most people would be angry in her situation, so it was to be expected. Especially if she thought he held her accountable. But he genuinely didn’t believe she had been involved in the harm done to his daughter. In fact, he didn’t even think she'd known and just kept quiet about it. Although to some degree she must have known something.

This—” he gestured to the trap, then raised his gaze to the stone statues, guarding the walls of the mine. “—is nothing but a precaution.” His hand lowered to his sides as he looked down at her. “Believe it or not but approaching a demon on the street and demanding they answer my questions has never quite worked out for me. Secondly, I didn’t know it was you, my angels set all of this up, and even if I did, I wouldn’t trust you not to bolt as soon as you saw the opportunity.” Was she truly that delusional, to think he’d have any success if he went another route? Did she not think he would have if such was the case? And all because she might be different? Might. No. He had never been one to rely on speculation alone and it sure as hell wasn’t going to start with the wife of a serial killer. No matter what his prior impression of her had been. Still, it bothered him that she couldn’t see how grave the situation was. That he only wanted to do the righteous thing and save future victims from reliving the same fate as his daughter. “I assure you that you wouldn’t have those shackles around your wrists if I knew you’d have this conversation of your own will. And I don’t want to harm you if don’t have to. But I don’t have the time to risk everything I do on honorability and kindness.” It didn’t require a deep character study to know that his job didn’t allow that. He’d never get anything done. And even if he couldn’t reason with her now, she’d eventually grow weary of the interrogation. There was always a point in time when they did. “Help me find him and I’ll release you.” He started walking halfway around the trap, circling her like a shark. “Tell me why his image changes.” He had suspected magic to be the cause, but it had been ongoing for days, which either meant it wasn’t or that he had a witch on hand. He returned to the altar, touching the photograph as he glanced at it. For now, it had remained the same.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Jan 03, 2022 3:09 pm

The more the archangel spoke, the more annoyed the demon got. Maybe it had just been hopeful thinking all those years ago, that a Demon and an Angel could ever be nothing more than enemies. Or at least in this instant, distrustful and dishonest. Or, the last thing she couldn’t be sure of, of course. But she still had a hard time believing that he hadn’t already known who she was the minute he had asked his angels to kidnap her. Place her in this trap, and make sure that she wouldn’t be able to do anything but answer his questions. Questions, she had no answers for.

Eris pulled a slight annoyed expression. Her lips twisting in a manner that clearly told that she didn’t trust him, nor did she believe a single word that he was saying. How could she? The church nor men of God had ever brought her anything but pain. Every good thing had been ripped away from her, one way or another. Just reminding her, that she should stop believing that there would ever be redemption for a soul eating demon.

I assure you

Her nose curled in the sides, her lips twisting into a mocking grin as a nasal laugh left her. He didn’t want to harm her but would do it if she didn’t give him what he needed. “But of course, what else would the honorable archangel Michael do, if not making sure that he got exactly what he needed, no matter the consequences” she pulled a little in her restrains as her eyes somewhat darkened as she looked at him. There was no humor to find in her eyes, nor the facial lines in her face. She almost felt the urge to spit at him, as he told her that he would release her if she helped him find Calvin. First off, she had no idea where he was. Second, she didn’t believe nor trust this man to suddenly be honorable towards her and actually keep his promise. “No” she simply answered, leaning back in the chair she was sitting in. “I don’t owe you anything, and this just shows how little I can trust the words coming from an angel” closing her eyes, she made it quite clear that she was done talking about this.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyOns Jan 05, 2022 9:26 pm

She was making this a lot harder than it had to be. But he supposed the distrust between them came in the way of any reconciliation—if there ever had been a chance for that. He had tried to meet her halfway. He’d given her promises that she could reach out to in order to prove that he was telling the truth. Alas, she refused. She didn't even try. His fingers curled into a fist above the photograph before he looked up at the cross behind the altar. “You don’t. But you owe it to all those innocent lives out there,” he said, growing more frustrated with her. She hadn’t said anything useful nor did she express any intention of doing so. She didn't want to help. He could only take that as a sign of her loyalty to her husband. And he became more believing of her having taken many lives of her own. That she, like Calvin, had engaged in tormenting them beforehand. The mere thought made him sick.
You won’t even give me a chance to prove that I'm telling the truth.” He grabbed the edge of the table before he shook his head a little. Of course, he could be the one to start the trust-building, but he really couldn't take that chance. And now he no longer considered it worth a shot. It was evidently pointless. “I know you’re covering up for him. If anything it goes to show how much of a liar you have been,” he accused before he turned around to face her. He remembered what she’d said that night. He remembered that she’d cried real tears because of their conversation. But it appeared that she was just as deceiving as her husband. That she’d only said those things to get the archangel off her back. Now, he did believe that she’d suffered in the name of God. He believed holy men had tried to heal her when there wasn’t a cure. That she’d experienced agony unlike most. But rather than believing the story of her having come out of that so good and innocent that she only consumed dying souls. He now believed she’d grown resentful. Not caring to prove that she wasn’t what she’d been told her whole life. A demon in every sense of the word.

He slowly stepped towards her, placing both hands on top of hers, and gripped them firmly. The tingling of electricity coursed from his palms and into her nervous system. At first, she’d only feel a slight sensation. But as the seconds passed the voltage increased and the pain worsened. Not quite to where she’d have difficulty breathing but until her muscles started to contract. “I’ll make you talk no matter the means. I’ll let you rot here for as long it takes.” Because he could. Because… what was one demon in comparison to all the souls they consumed. Because it was what his father would want, to fight evil beings like her. They didn’t contribute to a better world. And hence they weren’t worth much to keep around. “And all you can do is hope that he is on his way to rescue you. I know I am.” A smirk tugged at the corners of his mouth before he removed his hands from her and relieved her from the pain.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Jan 31, 2022 8:35 pm

She found a spot behind him, studied it. Noticed the round shape, but how it seemed like it had almost started to deform in one of the sides. Was it mould? It could be. The church was old. Maybe it came from an old water damage? She kept her deep-sea blue eyes fixated on it, pretending that she didn’t hear his words. How he hadn’t almost convinced her with the words of there being innocent lives out there. But she wasn’t even sure what Michael saw as innocent. What was decided in the eyes in the God to be protected from the evils that Calvin posed. Wasn’t his God all knowing, wouldn’t he had done something to have stop men like Calvin? Or did he know that this demon was just one in a dozen. If he was killed, there would just be one more to take over. She pretended that his words didn’t sting, that he saw her as a liar. When she had never lied to him. But he could believe what he liked, he had taken this choice, he was to blame from what happened here on out.
Her eyes didn’t move from the spot, not when he stepped closer, not when his hands gripped hers firmly. Sternly, with determination she gritted her teeth and clenched her draw. She bit down harder when the pain increased. But still she didn’t say anything, not when sweat started gliding down the back of her neck. Not when all she wanted was to scream. She didn’t let herself do so. He could kill her for all she cared, she was not going to tell him anything.
Her nostrils flared for a moment, just few seconds from screaming as he let go. Her body fell a little back. All she could hope that he was on his way to rescue her?
Now she couldn’t even stop herself if she wanted too. A laugh rippled from her throat. It was hoarse, but it still left her. She shook her head, turning her eyes shortly towards the archangel. “Calvin Ambrose doesn’t care for anything but himself” she chuckled letting her head fall a little to the side “To think he would come here to save me, is hilarious, but let’s see, just how far you will go to get something out of me, I do not have to give to you” a small smile formed over her lips, and she leaned back. Her eyes once again finding the spot behind him.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptySøn Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

The way she deliberately ignored his words did little to change his mind about her or how the situation would play out. All it did was aggravate him. Because how could she care so little about others if she had told the truth a year ago? It wasn’t that he didn’t understand the reaction. He’d been in thousands of situations where he’d stared ahead without answering his enemies. But to him, it only confirmed that she was guilty of his accusations.
The harm inflicted on her scarcely caused a reaction. He could tell that it affected her, so there was no evident immunity, but she clearly wasn’t a stranger to pain. The demonstration wasn’t meant to hurt her tremendously, however. All he’d wanted to convey was that he had no problem hurting her if she continued to defy him. He straightened his back as he looked down at her, subtly raising his brow when she laughed. Not comprehending what she found so amusing. It could of course be part of her act. Something she wanted him to believe to judge these efforts a lost cause. But he didn’t buy it. Surely there had to be care involved—if not from her husband, then from her. Otherwise, he didn’t see why she couldn’t betray him. “Is that why he married you?” he asked, wondering what he possibly could have gained from that if not love. It might have been for the sake of possession or a result of their family’s matchmaking, but that still didn’t explain why they had remained together.

Her continuous laughter put emphasis on how much of a joke she thought it to be. Whether she was acting or not, he couldn’t tell. But it didn’t exactly reinforce his hope regarding it. Nor would it matter much if she just handed him the information he asked for. If he received anything that would help weaken the demon’s safety measures, he’d be able to find him regardless of where he’d gone. He tilted his head slightly as he surveyed her face. She had to be aware that he'd go pretty far if it meant keeping people safe from men like him. Although he had a personal incentive for pursuing this demon, it didn’t change the fact that he wished the world could be cleansed from such evil altogether.
When her eyes returned to the focus point behind him, at the decorative stone carvings or rough walls, he turned to walk back to the altar. “When was the last time you were in contact with him?” The timeline of his disappearance was still fairly unknown. All they really knew was when Elenora and some of the motel’s employees last had seen him. He uncovered the items from the grey cloth and picked up a syringe that he filled with holy water. “Do you know if he’s left Gaia?” he asked, trying to be less specific in his questioning to see if it would give her more incentive to say something regarding the topic.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTors Feb 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Eris did only shake her head, feeling a smirk crawl over her lips. Almost as if she was putting on a mask, a show for him. Because she was. How else was a demon like her supposed to survive in a world where nothing was ever grey? People wanted nothing more than to be opened minded, but when it came down to it, it was rather black and white. Of course, she could give him the information that he wanted, but to what prevail? She didn’t know much more than he did, she hadn’t even known about the fact that something was distorting every picture that there was of him.
Calvin had asked the same, not why he had married her. No, it had been a matter of convenience for him. Because she had loved him and been completely devoted. He had been able to do as he pleased, unfolding his twisted passions while he had been living with her. Maybe to that she was the guilty of all. Because she had been having a hand in creating the monster there was today. On could also argue that by being with her, he had been able to contain himself. No, he had asked her why she hadn’t filed for a divorce. If she could document that they hadn’t lived for so long, then she knew that it would be easy to get their marriage annulled. But she hadn’t, partly because it had been a rather hard blow being left by that. Maybe for a time she had hoped that he would come back to her. Now it was merely a matter of her not getting around to it. When you had been married for this long, without actually being with your spouse. People tended to forget that you were even legally bound to someone.
He kept asking her questions, and instead of answering she turned her eyes to look into his. She noticed the slight difference in colours. She mapped them out. Thinking about what she would do to them if she was every released from these chains and chair.
Letting out a controlled breath, she parted her lips and let her tongue run over her chapped lips. She could feel how dry they were. A slight bump of skin that was trying to peel away from where it should be staying. “Let me ask you a question” she said instead of answering “Clearly you have already condemned me for whatever actions I’ve done in my past, and what you hope that I’ve done now, because if I haven’t it wouldn’t look good for you, now wouldn’t it” it wasn’t really a question, rather a statement of current events. “What if simply do not know, mh Michael, what then? Will you let me rot here, until you hopefully find him by other means? It is funny to think if this had turned out differently, I would have able to help you find him, no one lives of the grid, but” she leaned back closed her eyes “I have nothing to give to you now
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyFre Feb 18, 2022 3:53 am

He held the syringe between his index finger and thumb, turned the needle upwards, and sprayed a few drops into the air. Tempting as it was to throw holy water at her, it would only burn momentarily. And it usually served best as a distraction or minor injury, much like biblical words or holy objects did. However, injecting the noxious water would cause the discomfort to linger for longer and hurt more severely.
Since they’d both made it clear where they stood, he saw no other way than to get information out of her this way. As much as she thought she didn’t owe him anything, he certainly didn’t owe her to be merciful. Not when she risked lives by refusing to help. He approached the trap once more and looked expectantly at her. Hoping she would give him something to work with. But when she spoke, she instead expressed that she had a question of her own. He remained patient and listened to her, albeit not making much sense of it. If this had turned out differently, how? She’d somehow felt willing to help? He didn’t believe it for a second. And even if he did, how did saying so do anything to help the current situation? Sure, she might be able to evoke feelings of guilt if it wasn’t because he already drowned in it. It wouldn’t change anything. His responsibilities had always outweighed any emotion. He needed to go through with his for reasons greater than whatever selfish one she presumably tried to get at. “You make it sound as if there ever was a scenario where you’d help me.” He took a step closer and sighed silently. “But if that was true. If you genuinely saw a reason for doing good by helping me, you would regardless of position.” He glanced down at her wrists which were chained to the armrests of the chair. She would have shown a willingness to cooperate, and he would have taken that as a sign of her being different from the rest. He’d demanded answers of her history with this demon all the same. Some explanation that could justify the change she’d experienced since. But she’d given him absolutely no reason to believe she wasn’t covering up for him.

I have nothing to give to you now.
As if the sentence was the finite conclusion to all of it, she leaned back and closed her eyes. He lifted his free hand to snap his fingers in front of her face, causing a sharp blitz of blinding light. Near enough for her to feel the unpleasant warmth on her skin. “I beg to differ.” He lowered the hand to grab the edge of her sleeve and pulled it up to expose the bare skin on her arm. “You just revealed that you have something to give me.” She had indicated that she knew where he was or at least that she was able to help find him. So, if there ever had been the slightest doubt of this, it was gone now. He pressed the tip of the needle against her skin and pushed the sanctified liquid into her. Shortly thereafter he extracted the needle and moved his gaze to watch her reaction. “Where is he?” he demanded. This was the kind of information he wanted most of all. Even if she didn’t know where he’d gone precisely, he was convinced she’d have a few qualified guesses.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyFre Feb 18, 2022 10:05 am

There was once a girl. A baby girl that had been left on the doorstep of a witch. Low and behold, the infant was a child of a demon woman and a demon father. The father was a nasty bastard, royal at that. But he didn’t care much for his title as he did destruction and showing him that he was better than most. So, the mother had run and known that they would follow and take her child if she didn’t do something.
Sadly, the upbringing from the sweet and old witch took a turn, she was burned at the stake. Many like her following the same fate as she. But the priest knew that the child hadn’t been her own, so he spared her. Gave her a life in the church and raised her as if she was his own. He was devastated when he realized that she too had been marked with darkness. Blinded by his love for the blond beautiful girl, he tried to rid her from the evil. Causing much pain to the now young woman. In the end it was to no avail. Locked away in the church’s basement she stayed there. Screaming. Begging for mercy. But no one came.
In the end darkness swallowed her, and her powers brought the destruction upon the church. Now no one could ever cross beyond where the darkness lies. The church and community swallowed by the young demon’s pain and suffering.
The same demon that opened her eyes after he snapped his fingers and let a blinding light take form in front of her face. For a moment she could see small flickers of colour float around, not that it made her any more complaisant. Her brow lifted, almost as if she didn’t believe that she had given him anything. It was in a way impressive, just how stubborn they both held on to their beliefs. Him that she was already helping her husband with not helping him. That the lives that was killed by the hand of someone else, were now lives that she had helped take. Whereas she believed that she didn’t owe them anything. At least of all him. Because didn’t feel like a holy undertaking. It felt like a revenge mission. To that, she had no love or help to give. Not when she was treated as an accomplish from the start. Believe what he may.
Her ocean eyes flickered to his needle as it pressed into her skin. Then she felt it. The burning sensation of holy water floating underneath her skin, flushing through her bloodstreams. Her breathing became shallower as she tried to grit her teeth and clench her jaw. She looked at him and had to fight back the urge to spit in his face. Instead, she just leaned back and closed her eyes. Feeling how her fingers twitched until she had to fold them into fists. She felt the sweat glide down her face, how a scream lingered on her lips. Urging her to just let it go, but she didn’t. No, she wouldn’t. She could fight it, she could take this.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyOns Mar 23, 2022 11:57 pm

He noticed the slight changes in her, though it was clear that she didn’t want to give him any signs of weakness. She remained silent and resolute in her decision to defy him. Enduring the consequential suffering instead. Another sharp blitz illuminated the room in hopes of making her flinch. “Where is he!” he repeated, his voice reverberating loudly in the hollow chapel. He grabbed both of her arms firmly, pressing his thumb against the injection point to further aggravate her pain. “Tell me how he stays hidden.” He didn’t think she fully grasped the seriousness of the situation, of how on edge he already was because of this. Of how he time and time again had seen loved ones suffer at the hands of demons. He sent another wave of electricity through her from their points of contact, adding to the immense stress her body was under. If he could cause just enough of that, he was sure she’d give in and tell him something. Anything to make it stop. “Tell me who is helping him.” If she indeed was innocent, then the least she could do was point him towards someone who wasn’t.
Her persisting silence was exasperating. But he knew she’d reach her breaking point eventually. There was always a point where they did, whether it be out of excruciating pain or sheer exhaustion. He let go of her arm, realizing how hot his hands were when they revealed two red imprints on her skin. He cooled them off with a brief shake and turned around to return to the altar.

The torture went on for a couple of hours. He gave her a few more injections with holy water and shocks of electricity. Then shifted to stabbing her abdomen with a holy blade dipped in salt, which ended with him carving a cross down her back. In between it all, he’d offer her every chance to stop it by talking. The simple threat of those methods was usually enough to make a demon talk but she didn’t once break her silence. At dawn, he left her to her own devices in the underground chapel. Another angel entered the room shortly thereafter with the sole purpose of ensuring the demon stayed where she was.

~

Calvin was worried at this point. Not that worry was something he felt on behalf of other people, but Elena had never been just that. He’d always worried about the life she’d moved on to have after him. If she’d gotten herself into something worse or come out of it better. But beyond the worry he felt for where she was and why she didn’t reply to his messages, he felt worried for himself. Despite the life he lived, he’d never been in this kind of danger. The kind where there was no other option but to run and hide. It didn't matter if he'd planned it all out to the smallest detail because with the current target on his head a minor mistake could end with his demise. He needed Elena to respond to him to secure a few last details in his escape out of the country. He was supposed to have left at midnight with her help. After a dozen missed calls and texts he’d gone over to her place, banged on her door for a ridiculous thirty minutes before eventually giving up on her responding that night.

In the morning he’d called on a witch and gotten her to perform a tracking spell to figure out where she was. The trace stopped at an old mine in the middle of England, which he figured meant she was in trouble. There was no other explanation for this sudden cutoff. He then got her to create a portal to the nearest village, making sure he appeared invisible for the occasion, not knowing what to expect. It wasn’t until he reached the mine that he got an idea of the kind of trouble she was in. The presence of angels made it a lot worse than anticipated and his first thought was to back out. If his illusions slipped up or someone had an ability to see through them, they were going to kill him. But knowing she was in there, he just couldn’t. Odds were he was the reason. So, he created an illusion of a rock falling from a nearby cliff that was sure to at least make the angels look towards it if they weren’t immune to his power. A brief test before he stepped anywhere near them himself. Both guards glanced towards it, only slightly alarmed by the noise, but as soon as they discovered what it was, they resumed their straightforward gazes.

He managed to sneak in unnoticed, warily following the illuminated path in the mine as he scanned the tunnel for traps. However, nothing could have prepared him from the feeling he got once he stepped inside the chapel. A sudden pang of nausea and discomfort overcame him. He placed a hand on his stomach as he forced himself to defy his instincts and venture further, discovering another angel by the wall and a person sitting in a chair near the altar. He froze for a moment, knowing he had to deal with the angel somehow. He assumed that they knew about his power, so he didn’t think he could trick him into leaving the room, but they probably didn’t realize how good he was at controlling his illusions and hence that he didn’t have to cause any distraction. It just required a bit more of his power to hide what he was about to do.

He stopped as an invisible force hindered him from nearing her and glanced to the floor. He hadn’t noticed the devil’s trap before due to the pool of blood partially covering it. He crouched down to unfasten the hidden knife from his shin and cut a line through the trap to break it. After that, he walked in front of her, for the first time getting a real glimpse of her injuries. He inhaled sharply at the sight. Not so much because he thought the damage was bad or difficult to look at. He was so used to violence that it didn’t faze him. But it was knowing she only was here because of him that bothered him. That someone else caused her pain because of something he’d done. It was the whole reason he’d left her the first time.
He inhaled again, this time to compose himself. Losing his grip around his powers now would become detrimental for both of them. He glanced at the angel, checking that he still was unaware of his presence before he made himself appear visible to her alone. Causing a sort of veil between them so he’d only see the picture of her as it was prior to Calvin’s arrival. A finger was raised to his lips, telling her that she had to stay quiet. Moving her was going to hurt, but unless he could predict every time she’d make a noise, she was going to blow their cover.

He untied her and lifted her into his arms before he carried her outside. The illusionary veil conveyed a trapped demon to the angel inside the chapel for the entirety of their escape and he attempted his best to upkeep it as they continued through the forest towards the village, despite how much it was draining him. It was first when they stepped through the hidden portal that he let go of his illusions. They arrived at his temporary residence; a secluded cabin in the forest. He placed her on the couch in the living area and then momentarily left the room to fetch a vial of vampire blood that he’d packed for the journey. “Drink this.” He took off the cap and placed it against her lower lip. It was the only thing he had to alleviate her pain and speed up the healing.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Apr 04, 2022 9:39 am

There was a place that one could go to when things became too much to bear. For some it was a physical place, maybe it was people that one could turn to and regain the composer that one needed. But for the demon that endured the constant torture that she was submitted too. It was a place in her mind. She had been there before, a place she hadn’t visited since the time locked away in the basement of the parsonage. She wasn’t a stranger to the effect that holy energies had to her, but it was nothing compared to the abuse that was put over her body. She had no idea when she had started to scream, but it was like her body and mind had disconnected from one another. Not feeling the tears that ran down her cheeks, or the hollow cry that slammed against the clammy walls of the rundown church.
She didn’t even realise that he had stopped, nor that Michael left the room leaving her in the care of the angels that had probably been the ones to have brought her here. Her whole body was aching and numb all the same. Then darkness engulfed the beaten demon and let her find peace for a moment.
Eris opened her eyes as she heard steps walking towards her. But quickly closed them again, trying to sense who it was, but there was nothing there. Maybe she hadn’t even heard footsteps to begin with? Maybe this was it. Now she was losing her mind completely. Then arms lifted her up and walked away with her. Her eyelids felt so heavy and for a moment she wasn’t sure she would ever be able to open them again. But then it hit her, this wasn’t Michael, and for a moment she believed it was Jack that had found her and was the one to rescue her. Not in a million years would her thoughts have connected it to being Calvin that made sure that she was getting out. No, her thoughts even went to Vidar, to whom she had carried one child. A master tracker, and a person she had met a couple of times over the years, only to have ended it when he had found Lula and gotten married to her. The smells changed, and she deduced that she was carried through the woods at this point. Still not able to do anything than to just lay here in the arms of her savior. Then she lost her consciousness again.

A groan left her when she was put down on something soft, a couch? Then something came near her again, drink this. She managed to open her eyes this time. “Calvin?” she whispered, before the vial was placed against her lips and she started drinking it, making a small, disgusted moan as she could taste the thick vampire blood glide over her tongue down her throat. But it eased the pain and when she finally had swallowed all of it, she breathed out. “I thought you would have found a way to get out without me” she mumbled, knowing that she had been to meet him to make sure that he would get out of the country. At least for a while until things had calmed down. “You really pissed off the wrong people this time” she hissed, even though the pain slowly subdued, it still wasn’t enough to take away the aching feeling in her bones. What a mess.
Jason

Jason

Antal indlæg : 67

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTirs Apr 12, 2022 2:08 am

He could have gone through with it without her. Her role wasn’t essential to his escape. But it somehow felt that way. That if he just had her support, it would all turn out okay. And then there was the concern that something had jeopardized his plan. A concern that easily would have been overlooked if it wasn’t for the fact that his life was at stake. It wasn’t like him to be unsure about his abilities, but for once, there was a little voice of doubt inside of him. And she was the only one capable of quieting it down. “I was going to. But then you didn’t answer me, and at the very least, I needed that. I was worried it meant something had gotten in the way of the plan,” he explained, though he wasn’t very keen on admitting that his worries had gotten the better of him. Even if it had led him to her, and thus had a good reason for existing. It still didn’t change the fact that he hated the feeling and wished he could turn it off.
Missing out on a goodbye hadn’t stopped him in the past, so it wasn’t that. It was just that he’d never been in this kind of situation before and frankly these past weeks had been extremely stressful. Much more so after that witch managed to escape him. Something that never would have happened in the past. He closed the vial and placed it on the table behind him before he looked back at her, chuckling dryly at her comment. “I know.” He then breathed out and looked around the cabin he’d been forced to take refuge in. A stark contrast to his luxurious manor. In hindsight, he should have never targeted the girl. But how could he have known that she had two archangels and a siphoner for a rescue team? The chances of that were near impossible. And then it wouldn’t have mattered if he'd simply taken her soul and left her in a ditch somewhere. They’d wanted to go after him all the same. It wasn’t easy being a demon, needing to feed on people just to survive, yet being punished for it. Of course, they could say much about the kind of guy he was and how he obtained his souls, but that was how his family had learned to survive through the years. It wasn’t any less wrong than the people murdering demons simply because they were supernatural.

I’m sorry they did this to you.” His gaze wandered down her face to the burn marks on her arms and the massive stain of blood on her shirt. It wasn’t said out of empathy so much as it was him feeling at fault for her pain. But the apologizing was new to her; coming from him it was as genuine as it was rare. He had always avoided the word. Every time he was wrong, he’d instead focus on why she was wrong or deflect the situation from it, rarely ever owning up to his own actions. It was all a game of manipulation, control, and power to him. It wasn’t the kind of husband he’d wanted to be or what he imagined their life would look like when he first met her. But he didn’t exactly have the best idea of what a good husband was, nor what a normal life should be. And he’d come to terms with the fact that he probably never would. That such a life never had been in the cards for him.

Did you tell them anything?” he asked, thinking that she had to have said something. Despite how things were right now, he believed part of her still hated him. That she’d give in under that kind of pressure. And he needed to know what she’d revealed, so he could adjust for that in his plan. Even though she needed more time to recover and still had to be in pain despite the relief of the vampire blood, this couldn’t wait. Not when it was so crucial to his survival.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyOns Apr 13, 2022 2:44 pm

Eris titled her head a little back, making her eyes glide down the crock of her nose as she looked at him. Almost as if she was sizing him up, but the matter of the fact was, that she couldn’t really see because of the blood that had glided from her eyes and nose as Michael had shocked her so intensely that her brain had started to take the effect of it. A snort left her, even though she should be surprised, even if she would later sit and think back and wonder if she had ever heard him apologise before. But right now, all she could think was the fact that she didn’t believe him. Why should he be sorry, and what for? Instead of him being in the chair, probably being done much worse things to, she had been there taking the most of it. To his luck, she hadn’t told them anything, mainly because of her own stubbornness of not wanting to give something, when she was treated the way, she had been. She owed no allegiance to the archangel, maybe they had shared a drink and talked about how demons had been mistreated for years. Simply for how they were created. It was funny to think that one had cast his own brother from the heavens, because of him going against his father’s words in not wanting to bow down for men. Could stand there high and mighty and think that he was on the right side of everything, just because he behaved like an obedient dog.

Eris looked down again and turned her head. She heard a thunder in the background and could almost hear herself sigh over the melodramatic effect it had on everything. What was it about the weather always managing to reflect the mood one way or another? She could be without the setting that it created as heavy drops of rain hailed towards the small windows of the cabin. “No” she simply answered and with a groan she got up on her feet and staggered, not more than a second, before she walked over to the small sink in what she supposed worked as the kitchen of the house. She turned on the faucet “No water, typical” she hissed, and turned around, leaning against the counter with her hip. For a moment it looked like she was going to say something, but she just ended up crossing her arms and shaking her head. A small sigh left her as she closed her eyes, and tried to suppress the pounding headache throbbing against her eyes.
Jason

Jason

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Apr 18, 2022 12:52 am

He couldn’t blame her for not believing him. He’d told her countless lies in the past, so what made this time differently? And what was he even sorry for? He knew he shouldn’t be. The plan hadn’t been ruined and he was perfectly safe. And even if he told her the truth, she’d not believe that either. Because if it was about her misery, then why hadn’t he stepped up and done something about it in the past? If he truly cared about her happiness, he would have. But it was much more complicated than that. He leaned back and turned his gaze to the windows where rain was beating melodically. If he had looked her up, he'd wanted to go see her, and that was only going to make things worse for both of them. He returned his eyes to her, not knowing when these thoughts had planted roots inside his mind. These feelings. This weakness.

No. He straightened his posture, confused because he was certain she’d told them something. But maybe she’d handed them lies to buy time. Or maybe she'd stayed silent. It would explain the severity of the harm they’d inflicted on her. It wasn’t the simple prodding and poking of someone needing a little push. It was the kind that originated in anger and impatience of none of those usual techniques working out. “How much did they know?” he asked, thinking that would at least give him the upper hand over the angels. Shortly after she'd gotten up, he raised himself to his feet and neared her in the kitchen. He glanced at her hands as she stood by the sink, supposedly trying to get some water running. But it would be to no avail. This place had long since worked as a regular home for anyone. He stepped towards a pantry that he opened to grab a lukewarm water bottle. “I’ve delayed everything for twelve hours.” He pulled a white handkerchief out of his suit’s front pocket and poured part of the water on it before he handed it to her. It was shortly after dawn now, which meant they had a few hours until he’d take off. First by a timed portal that’d transport him to the harbor, and from there by boat to France.
He slouched against the countertop next to her, his gaze fixed in front of him. “How did they get to you?” It was something that was important for him to know in case they had any intention of capturing him before sending him to hell. Any predictability was most welcome. He didn’t think they’d attempt to catch her again. If they truly hadn’t gotten anything out of her, there was no reason for them to keep pursuing the matter. Not when the world was filled with more pressing issues.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Apr 18, 2022 4:42 pm

She let out a soft sigh, feeling how her chest rose and then sank as she tried to figure out just how much she wanted to tell him. Because it was still a conflicted feeling that resonated in her mind when she looked at him, always wondering, thinking about what he had done and how she clearly still had feelings for him. How could she not, when he had been the first, she had married and by now still the only one. He had also asked her why she hadn’t gotten a divorce. She had thought about that a lot since the day they had parted. Because why hadn’t she? She had known that it was over, she had seen it with her own eyes that he had moved on, while she was still clinging on to hope that he would come back to her. Then she had found herself travelling to the other side of the world. How she had started in a secret project with the Russians, something that still left scars both on her body and soul. Which had been the reason why it had been so easy for her to just sit by as Michael had let his frustration flood over her.
They knew who you were, that we are married and that you somehow have managed to cover your tracks because no one really knows how you look, neat trick” she mumbled, not that she sounded impressed, but she was. It was a higher power that was holding their hand over his head, how could she not be intrigued?
Taking the handkerchief from him she started with her hands, not that it helped a whole lot as the white fabric shortly after was filled with her blood. Letting out a small huff she looked up as he leaned towards the countertop beside her. “I have no idea” she whispered, maybe that was the thing about it that scared her the most. “I knew someone was following, which was why I changed my destination when I found out, leading them away from our meeting point” she folded her lips and tasted the blood that was on them, which made her let go of them quickly. Swallowing she felt how raw her throat was, probably from the screaming and constant shock that she had gotten. “The funny thing was, had he just approached me like a normal person, I wouldn’t have hesitated in selling you out, because I’ve already talked with him before tonight, a couple of years ago now, but still -” she narrowed her eyes as she looked at him titling her head. “My biggest issue in all of this, is when you used the same methods as the person you’re trying to catch, in my eyes it makes you worse” she mumbled letting her hand press against the countertop. “I will never condone the way you get your souls, but I’m not about to sell you out to a bunch of idiotic angels, archangels or not” she growled, being angry that she hadn’t done anything wrong but it had been her that had ended up paying the price.
Jason

Jason

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptySøn Apr 24, 2022 1:05 am

Hm,” he murmured, a shadow of a smile passing his lips. Only because there wasn’t much to smile about, but it did feel good to know your efforts hadn’t been completely futile. For his identity to have stayed out of their sights. He supposed he had his past to thank for that—to successfully have avoided treading on any angel toes. Alas, sooner or later, they were bound to put a target on his back. That was the price of being a demon. For safety reasons, there were a lot of things he hadn’t disclosed to any uninvolving parties, which also meant that unless she’d been directly involved in creating his false passport, she’d not know of his alias either. Nor would she have an idea of where he’d be in the world. Everything past the first stop in Normandy would remain a secret. The rest of her information wasn’t that surprising. The records of their marriage were easily accessible, though he must admit, he hadn’t expected the angels to stoop so low. To be so desperate in their search of him.

He placed the bottle with the remaining water on the counter next to the sink, watching as she cleaned the blood from her hands. He inhaled deeply when she said she had no idea how they got to her, unsettled by the reality. Had it just been a brief distraction or mistake on her part, that would be one thing, but to first know when you were actively stalked meant they’d already found a way to get to her. He didn’t think twice about the fact that she’d led them away from their meeting point. In his head, she’d never rat him out like that. But then she said something that swiftly flipped that assumption. He turned his head to look at her. Under different circumstances, he’d confronted her about it—especially the part about talking to this angel. He’d tell her that he’d been feeding her lies and that no matter what, they’d never view demons even remotely as equals. And he’d get angry about her consideration to stab him in the back on such accounts, to angels of all people. But he didn’t. Because in the end, he agreed with the bottom line. “I wish more people would realize that.” The angels were no better than his kind. But to call them worse? He couldn’t argue against that. Besides, he didn’t want them to leave on a bad note because deep down he needed this. Her presence and support. It felt like one of the only things he had left after everything he’d lost. “Did you get any additional intel? Any weak spots or powers I should know about?” He knew that he was in deep, so even though what happened to her was bad, he at least hoped she’d gotten something useful out of it. Some beneficial information, at best. He didn’t know much of any of the archangels, and what he’d heard might as well be rumors. There were far too many scriptures and tales about them to know the truth for certain. Not unless you’d been close enough to see that truth for yourself.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptySøn Maj 01, 2022 11:56 am

She cleared her throat as he asked if she had gotten additional intel. Her eyes narrowed, not very amused that he thought this was the time to prod her for more information since she had been captured against her will and tortured. “When this is over, I want a divorce,” she said in a low voice and then shook her head mostly of herself; she should have gotten that years ago – “if there is anything to divorce, I’m sure it falls under the, you should be dead and therefore there is no marriage to split from” she murmured turning around letting her fingers glide through her wet and bloody hair. “I think he acts on his own accord”, she then said, filling her lungs with air before turning around to face him again. “I didn’t see other archangels, just pureblood angels that were under his command; I think it’s more an agenda because you took someone close to him, which might be something you can use against him if the other Archangels’ doesn’t approve, that is” she licked her lips “his to invested in seeing clearly, he things the means justify the end” she stated, it was amazing how much you could get from not talking at all. How much a person could give away by his actions rather than words. Michael had been desperate and was grasping at straws to find one man, a chase that put others in harm’s way. That didn’t seem like something an Archangel should do, but then again, it wasn’t the first time angels had killed in the name of their god. Witches were burned at the stake just because of their powers, and that man thought they were in league with the devil.
Michael has the ability to use electricity; it might go further than that” she closed her eyes and felt tired, so she walked over and sat down on the couch again, letting her fingers pinch the bridge of her nose, what she wouldn’t give to be back at her apartment and being there instead of this second hellhole of the night. The worst thing about it? She couldn’t even be mad at Calvin, even how much she wanted to be. Because this wasn’t his fault, no matter how you looked at it, Michael had taken it upon himself that she was the only way to find him. Even if it would end up costing her life, it scared her that she now had the mark from some that powerful on her back. Which also meant the people she loved. Her children. Another deep sigh left her, and she let both hands cradle her face, not knowing what else to do right now—bloody mess.

Sidst rettet af Atarah Man Maj 16, 2022 10:30 am, rettet 1 gang
Jason

Jason

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyTors Maj 12, 2022 3:23 am

She wanted a divorce. He tightened his lips before pulling them apart, about to respond when she shot a harsher statement through the air. He chuckled dryly and moved his gaze to the beating rain. He could only laugh about it at this point. At how swiftly everything came crashing down on him. All because of a singular stupid decision. “About that.” He turned his gaze back to her. “I have a stash underneath the rug in my dining room. Get rid of everything in it.” It was the only part of his fortune that hadn’t been washed clean, and although he usually tried to keep stuff like that outside of his residence, it was hard to keep up with the high demand in Southside. And if she wanted to stay out of trouble, she’d be wise to dispose of it once news of his death had arrived. “Do with everything else as you’d like.” Her name had been written on his will since the day of their wedding and since the thought of death never had crossed his mind, he hadn’t bothered to change it. Nor did he really mind her access to his inheritance. She’d undoubtedly put it to better use than the majority of his family.

He straightened himself as she answered his question, attentive to the information that might help his survival. He had already suspected that the human had been close to the archangel. There was no way they would go through all that trouble to save someone if they weren’t. Much less put a lot of resources into finding the perpetrator. There were so many in need. So many people they could save at once rather than focus on individuals. And there were people who’d murdered far more than him, people with agendas that posed a far greater threat than his own. He nodded as he let the information seep in. If the archangel was driven by emotion, that certainly could be a good sign. But he also had to consider that he was an ancient warrior who’d banished his own family for God. The initial motive didn’t matter much if he was as cutthroat as the tales told. Electricity didn’t seem like the most harmful ability so he should be able to get around that fairly easily. But if he could manipulate it in all senses, that meant he had to be careful about speaking around any electrical devices, in case he could channel himself through such systems for intel. His eyes lowered to the burn marks, the bright red skin beneath her sleeves. He had been punished with electro-shock therapy once. His father had gotten this new theory of it changing a person’s cognition. But if anything, it had felt much more destructive than mending. Causing memory loss as he remembered it.

He pushed himself away from the counter when she moved to the couch, recognizing the signs of anguish in her. He wished he could make it disappear, that he somehow could take it back and leave her out of it. He had been the one who was supposed to be in that chair. The one deserving the torture she’d endured. “How’ve things been since our last meeting?” In other words, he wanted to know how her organization had taken off. How well she had settled in Gaia and if she intended to stay. He sat down on the couch next to her, hoping she’d lean into the conversation. Anything to lead away from the reality he’d found himself in. Anything to distract her from her pain.
Atarah
Ledere
Atarah

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyMan Maj 16, 2022 12:22 pm

She had to take a moment, just a brief moment, where she filled her lungs with air and closed her eyes. It was one of those moments where she could feel how her powers flared up and wanted to explode with the rage boiling underneath her skin. Now one thing that she was here because of him, but now he was creating further problems with having things stashed away that could bring her into trouble? Her eyes got the notorious black film over them for a second, showing her demonic traits before her deep ocean blue eyes stood clearer than they had done a moment ago. The anger was gone, and all she had left was an overwhelming fatigue that craved that she should sit down and breathe for a moment or two.
Her hand found her forehead as she leaned it backwards after the couch supported her, still aching back. The vampire blood had done its part, and there was no denying that she was healing up quicker than she would typically have. Most people forgot that just because something was healed didn’t take away the pain, not entirely. Especially when it went faster than the brain could follow, so it would keep signalling the pain around the affected area, even though the wounds had now been healed. Then there was the fact that she had been electrocuted, which wasn’t something that helped the healing process of the mind along.
When he asked how things had been since their last meeting, she laughed. “Dandy, can’t you tell?” she lifted her head and opened her eyes so she could look at him. Her teeth clenched together, tightening her jaw for a moment before she managed to relax. Then she shook her head a little. “I don’t know, besides where you are running around doing careless things and ending up a target by the angels; well, more so than usual” she licked her lips, shaking her head again “it feels like a storm is brewing, and I’m not sure we are ready for when it hits” she whispered, maybe it was also just her fried and overworked mind that was starting to make her sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.
But for me personally, not much has happened”, she said because there hadn’t; she had been working, and that was all there had really been going on in her life; besides, of course, she had started a relationship with Jack again, but he didn’t need to know that. Especially not when he was going to leave soon, the question was just; were too? A part of her still wanted to know, but her lips pressed together in a thin line instead so as not to let any words spill from her mouth.
Jason

Jason

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptySøn Maj 22, 2022 9:44 pm

He looked at her without the usual spark of arrogance or playfulness in his eyes. He hated seeing her like this. Hated all of it. At that moment it was impossible for him to pretend that he didn’t. “Only too well.” He then raised a hand to feel a lock of her hair between his fingers, slightly hardened by some dried blood. He didn’t understand the tense feeling in his chest, but it made him let go and lower his hand on the backrest. Not welcoming the strange feeling on top of everything else. 
Careless was an exaggeration. No demon could background check every victim. And this one had walked straight into his den despite its ominous, haunted atmosphere. To him, that made her part to blame. “Believe me, I wish I could bribe them with something and be over with it. But they clearly won’t listen to reason when they’ve got their minds set on something.” Her meeting with the archangel only proved that fact. It was a story told by many demons. Murder was often the go-to solution whenever they dealt with their adversaries, and if they saw someone as their enemy, they usually cared little for the means used so long as it got them to the end objective. “As in more stuff has happened around us?” he asked, wondering what she meant by this brewing storm. If it had anything to do with the darkness within her, making her able to sense such things, or if it merely was a feeling. But if she knew something he didn’t, he had to know about it. To be honest, he didn’t pay much attention to anything that didn’t regard him. And the war between demons and angels seemed as present as it’d ever been. Calvin’s interest was simply to do the things he wanted to without their spotlight shining down on him. And for so long, he’d been able to do just that.

I’m going to miss you.” In a way, this felt like the goodbye he’d never gotten. Even if this one undoubtedly was easier said than the last. Even if she didn’t care what happened to him. But with the likely prospect of him dying, now wasn’t the time to be prideful or dishonest. And the truth was ever since he’d left New York, he’d missed her and the moments they'd shared. He had yet to meet someone who brought him that kind of oblivious happiness. His gaze turned to the fireplace where embers glowed from an earlier fire. Calvin didn’t think he’d ever get to see her again. But if he by some chance did, he hoped they could still keep in touch after the divorce. If not for any other reason than to have each other's backs when they needed it. It was the least he owed her for helping him now.
Rogue
Ledere
Rogue

Antal indlæg : 31

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyFre Maj 27, 2022 12:17 pm

Her eyes slowly moved through the room before they landed on the door. His voice telling her that he was going to miss her was nothing but a soft echo formed in the back of her mind. She would remember it later, but there was something else that took her immediate attention. Maybe it was also her subconscious that didn’t want to hear those words because where had his love been when she had needed it? And she would still, to this day, question if he had ever loved her at all. Even if he tried to convince her otherwise, there would always be a part of her that would never trust him, no matter what would happen from here on out.
Then the door opened, and a tall dark haired woman stepped inside. Shaking the umbrella that had taken most of the rain, but even then, a pool of water formed around her feet as it dripped down from her black coat. Eris felt the need to draw a sharp breath; there was something so powerful about the; what was the woman even? She would first have guessed a demon, but there was something much more ancient about her. Then she remembered the sagas about Valkyries and how many had thought them to be death demons before they had been worshiped as brave women that had rode into battle with the Vikings, and then taken their soul back to Valhalla or down to Hel depending on how heroic they had been.
Rogue scuffed a little as she turned to Calvin “It took a while before I found it, your directions left much to be desired, but the car is ready and so am I” her dark eyes moved from Calvin to the supposed wife sitting in the couch. “Question is, are you ready to become someone else and let Calvin Ambrose die?” she hummed, letting her hand hug the umbrella's handle while she waited for his answer.
Jason

Jason

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] EmptyLør Jun 04, 2022 1:42 am

It often seemed as if time stood still when it was just the two of them. And before he’d anticipated it the door to the cottage opened. Instantly returning him to reality. His gaze moved to the woman in the doorway, looking her up and down. The valkyrie had a very powerful presence. And as much as he felt drawn to it, he also sensed the warning it carried, knowing he had to be careful around her. After all, her boss was the whole reason he had gotten this deal. The last thing he wanted was to do anything to jeopardize that. “Of course,” he replied with a small tilt of his head. He got up from the couch to retrieve his suitcase from the adjacent bedroom. Truth was, it took a lot of him to convince himself he was ready to leave most of his life behind him. Looking at that new identity on his passport made it especially difficult. His pride couldn’t quite grasp the fact that he had to do this. But deep down, his survival meant more than anything. His desire to stay out of Hell was stronger. He knew the price of freedom was small compared to what he’d be doing there.

He returned to the living area shortly after, looking at Eris for what might very well be the last time. “Take care, darling.” And with those words, he left to go with Rogue. He’d placed the suitcase in the trunk and sat down in the passenger seat of the car. Once they moved through the forest, he kept quiet and stared at the rain on the windshield. He ran a hand through his partly wet hair, wondering just what this new place would be like. If he’d indeed receive what he’d been promised, or if there were some unknown catch. On the surface, the deal had been too good to be true. His first offspring in exchange for complete protection from the angels, from being allowed to run his underground operations and experiment on subjects. If he didn’t know any better, they had to want more of him. “Will there be others like me there?” he asked as he turned his gaze to the dark-haired valkyrie. At least then, he might get more of his questions answered. Getting an idea of what future might await him.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Truths Revealed [cw]   Truths Revealed [cw] Empty

Truths Revealed [cw]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» Tell a lie once, and all your truths will become questionable

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum