Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Godspeed [cw]

Go down 
2 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3, 4  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTirs Aug 31, 2021 8:29 pm

The guards had noticed that he was awake but they did nothing except stand silently in their designated positions. It made his own thoughts appear louder, but in those first minutes, he shut them out by listening to other noises. He hoped it would give him an idea of how big the place was and how many demons there were. But most of all, he listened for any sign of Saga. He hoped she’d made it out of the hotel room in time, but he also knew that she most likely hadn't. He didn’t hear her, however. No screams. Just some steps or voices now and then. After an hour or so had passed, he managed to relax his muscles a little, leaning back in his seat. He’d move every couple of minutes to get a feel of whether the restraints had weakened, but until they did or he got free of them, it was a waiting game.

He was instantly alerted by the doors opening, straightening himself as he watched the first demon stepping through. It was the same demon from earlier. But as soon as Saga stumbled inside, his eyes stayed with her. Her hair was disheveled, and the dried blood revealed that they’d done much worse to her. He inhaled sharply at the sight. He knew that she’d not been in this situation if it hadn’t been for him. She could have been well on her way to find her father if he hadn't dragged her along that evening. But he couldn't think of that right now. Letting his guilt accumulate was hardly helping the situation. He needed to focus on getting them both out, and the demons bringing her here made that much easier. It was also the only good thing that had happened since the harbor.

He didn’t get the shadow demon’s comment, nor why they’d leave them alone. It was the ideal situation for an escape. And he got the feeling that something was amiss. A feeling that only grew stronger as he saw Saga’s restraints drop to the floor. He could only guess her comment meant that she’d somehow gotten through to them. “Yes, they did nothing to me,” he replied. It was very uncommon for demons to restrain themselves when they had an archangel in their grasps. But it occurred when they had other, often better, ideas. “What happened to you?” He glanced at the dried blood before his eyes met hers again. He figured they must have decided to deal with her first and leave Michael for last, but that had to be half the story. Something more had to have happened for letting her go. For allowing her to help him. Because once these restraints were untied, his powers would return. He already prepared for them to potentially have traps waiting on the other side, but even then, he was confident that they'd get by.
But just when he’d expected the ropes to loosen around his wrists, an unfamiliar tone left her lips. Besides the unusualness of calling him stupid. In the next instance, the ropes tightened with an unnatural force. “What are you doing? What did they tell you?” he asked, thinking they must have gotten into her head. That this was a result of mind-control. He refused to believe that for all this time she had been working for the organization. He couldn't see that in her. No matter how stupid he was. The second time the ropes tightened, he groaned through clenched teeth as the fibers cut into his skin. He wished he could say that the restraints would lose their power soon, but if they controlled Saga, then she’d be able to reinforce the magic and keep him here for longer. That was unless he could snap her out of it first.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.
Antal indlæg : 332

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyLør Sep 04, 2021 12:54 pm

The sounds he made were like silken smooth music in her ears. Nearly making it tingle down her spine and leaving a craving for more of that exact sensation. Arrogance and superiourity complexes had very simply left her damamged. An inbreed hatred for the likes of him had turned the suffering of him and the domination into what closely resembled sheer pleasure. Some had told her, that it would be her downfall but they just didn’t understand. And they weren’t the ones with the perfect playmate in her grasp. A powerful archangel, desgustingly rightous to his bone, captured almost too easily. She had an idea of why… It had been like an early christmas gift when it became clear, that he had yet to catch on to what was going on and empathizing the fact she had just stated. He still thought she was her. Luckily his back was turnd to her and she stood in a blinde spot even if he had turned to look over his shoulder or he would’ve seen the smile growing on her face. However, he might be able to sense it a little in her voice as it was hard to suppress the delight. “This is fun,” she said in a bit of a whisper under her breath before extingush the smile and lastly tapping the tightly bound knot around his aching wrists.

“What did they tell me?” Whatever accent that accidently had appeared in her voice for the last few sentences had been removed as she spoke again this time. She spoke calmly but as she repeated his words back to him, there was a hint of spite wrapped around them. She made an effort to bring out the feeling that he should already be well aware of what the answer to his question was. That he should know! She walked around him and stopped again right in front of him, intense eyes looking at with him relaxed features on her face. The slightly too strong concerned looked from before was nowhere to be seen. “They told me the truth,” she finally replied, still spiteful if not a little sliver more. “They made it quite clear how you’d never come to fully trust me. No matter what I’d do. No matter how much I might trust you. And why?” The little witch walked closer, so close that their knees grazed, and she gently leaned a little down towards him. Her eyes didn’t look away from his, and she was unfaced by how near their faces now was to each others. “It’s because I’m a witch, isn’t it? I’m untrustworthy by that simple notion. What an absolute perfunctory mind that the great God above gave you.” For a good second she just held eyecontact before the tip of her tongue peeked out the corner of her mouth and tasting the blood still there. This had her lower her eyes gently and lifting her hand up to wipe it off as if she only then had noticed it still being there when in reality she was attempting to have him focus back into it. To the fact that she had been injured. And it was mostlikey his fault.
She stood up properly again and as she took a step back, she turned slightly away from him while finishing up removing the blood and then rolling her shoulders. They were so stiff. A body was always so stiff in the beginning. Especially when the host wasn’t very complaint with its newest tenant and there had been need of some.. persuasion beforehand. Hmph. Prideful bitch had to make things difficult.
Saga turned her attention back to him. “I was blinded by my attraction to you. You see, I like to think I’m smarter than let something like that get in the way but…” She scuffed a cold chuckle that barely managed to bring the corners of her mouth up in a matching smile before it disappeared again and she continued: “The Devil is blamed for the creation of the succubus and the other sins. What a joke. The only thing the light of God does is blind you so you don’t see the spikes along the path he’s sending you down.”
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyLør Sep 04, 2021 7:03 pm

They’d told her the truth? He raised a brow as he anticipated her to elaborate. She should, if anyone, know that truth was relative. And she'd already made it clear that she’d heard rumors about him prior to their meeting, yet it hadn't seemed to influence her opinion of him negatively. He tilted his head as it sounded like they’d convinced her that he’d never come to trust her. Now, there was some truth in that. He didn’t trust her fully. But he rarely put his full trust in anyone, so it wasn't something she should take to heart. He tensed up as she walked closer. At this moment, there was no trust left. Not to this person who'd only proven to wish him harm. She then leaned in, stopping his breathing for several seconds as he looked into her eyes. He already knew what she’d say. Unholy beings were of the belief that he was the all-evil archangel, descended on earth to destroy their lives. It was no surprise that they'd tried to convince her of the same thing. What was surprising, however, was that she'd fallen for it. So much that he leaned towards the theory of her being mind-controlled.

I do trust you. I’d never asked you to come with me if I didn’t.” In fact, he rarely asked anyone. Sure, he might not invite the ones he cared about because he wanted to keep them safe, but besides that, he preferred to work alone. Was part of the reason that he did anyway because he really could use an ally like her? Yes. But wasn't that the exact same reason she'd decided to work so closely with him? “I wouldn’t have saved you if I was so uncaring of witches, now would I?” He looked into her eyes, thinking she had to give him something better for coming in here and accusing him based on strangers’ words. On something so trifling as trust. Something he hadn't even disproved that he held for her. He glanced to the corner of her mouth as she wiped off the blood, feeling the sting of guilt again. But it also reminded him that there was a reason she was like this. “Listen, whatever they said to make you do this, know that you don’t have to.” Whatever potential threats or offers they'd given her, it didn't matter because there was always another way. And he would be there to help her. At least, he thought there to be something bigger at play. No matter how unrecognizable the person standing in front of him was, he still believed that the Saga he knew was in there - buried deep or not. And all he wanted was to convince her to drop this and get out.
But before he could say anything else, she said something that steered him away from his train of thought. She was blinded by her attraction to him. “What?” His low voice got overruled by her chuckle, but the glimpse of confusion was still evident in his expression. And then she continued, allowing his confusion to pass. He knew it most likely wasn’t her talking anyway. “Saga, there are always risks of spikes along the path I pursue. And I already told you I’m sorry. I know I screwed up. But you got to at least give me a chance to make it right.” He wasn't even sure what she hinted at, exactly. But he had not meant for any misconceptions, so if that was all this was, he was sure he could make things right again.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptySøn Sep 05, 2021 12:31 pm

She fought the urge to click her tongue at him due to the lack of those reactions which he had so naively expected. His righteousness and rationality didn’t help much with improving her mood either. Always trying to find common ground to explain and get through the problems together. Maybe she hadn’t been the best choice for this, since it was almost enough to make her want to puke but then again; none of the others could do what she could and despite the feelings bubbling inside her, none of it showed on the outside. There was no fault in her pretend!
“Of course you would’ve, Michael. But you’d only do it to save yourself from more guilt and not because you actually cared about anyone else,” she strongly accused him and simultaneously remembering not to bring too many emotions into it. But oh, tempting it wasn’t to force forth streaming tears.. “You almost make it sound as if they are the ones making me do this. I’m here on my own accord. They just gave me the opportunity. They possibly thought it’d only help them with whatever plans they have for you later on. If anything, this is mutual.” Her gazed turned even colder as her dark brows furrowed to create that small crevice of skin between them. “I’d like to say that it’s nothing personal..” With those words she held up an elegant hand and snapped her fingers. It was a sharp snap but there was no way for it to naturally piece into the archangel’s ear canal as it did. In the exact instance he’d experience an agonizing ringing in his head as if the area inside his skull was vibrating at high frequencies.

The little which didn’t leave him with it for long, though. Just for a couple of good long seconds. A taste of what he could be looking forward to. It was partially because of a certain little thing, that had her restrain herself. A little extra reaction, she had caught onto. The confusion and …surprise. Intersting. It wasn’t usually a word she’d use but the Saga’s mind still interfered even though she was sure these thoughts were not the trapped crow’s. No, that bird was still securely in its birdcage.
I know I screwed up. This peaked her already perked ears some more. As if the innocent discovery had been enough to rekindle her spark. Frankly, it wasn’t very hard to do that. A complex vessel didn’t change a simple creature that much. “What I’m talking about isn’t your personal path. It wouldn’t choke me, if it more of the layout of a landmine field. But… I bite.” She stood a little more straight and lightened her frown as she once again leaned down towards him. While she wasn’t as close to him as before, she was still close enough so that she would rest her hands on his knees and support her posture that way. “How did you screw up?” she asked rather calmly. She even tilted her head slightly to the side. “Tell me. I’d like to hear it from your mouth. What you think you did. Don’t skimp out on the details either.” The look in her eyes were as clear as she could make it; This was the chance he had asked for. The chance to make it right. Just too bad, that there in reality wasn’t possible for him to ‘make it right’ as he put it.

“I’m all ears, Michael.”

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Ons Okt 27, 2021 9:29 pm, rettet 1 gang
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTirs Sep 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Her comment made him look to the side. It wasn’t easy to restrain his anger and impatience when she went against his every word, but he took a deep breath to collect himself and returned his eyes to her. He remained silent as she insisted that she was here of her own will. Because it was obvious to him that they’d done something to her. There was no way Saga would turn on him like this. Not when she’d had many better opportunities to do so. He scoffed as she added that it wasn’t personal. In his opinion, that strongly contradicted her behavior. “It gets pretty personal when I’m chained up and accused of things you wouldn't have any clue about.” The slight smirk that had formed disappeared almost as quickly as it’d gotten there. A sharp ringing in his head overpowered, making him tilt his head downwards as he closed his eyes and endured the pain. One that only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to put emphasis on his statement. That this was personal. He raised his gaze to her, feeling his anger grow stronger by every little thing she did.

He could tell that he’d piqued her interest. He assumed it to be his plea for her to give him a chance, but instead it was about his wrongdoings. In fact, she seemed a little too interested in knowing about some details that weren't even there. After all, she had seen it all, being by his side for most of the trip. His mistakes had been straightforward. The first mistake was to leave her unprotected at the harbor and the second one was the problem with his aura returning. What more could she possibly want him to say? And then it struck him. The person speaking didn’t know. In fact, Saga had taken the setback well, and he could tell that she hadn't been lying at that time. Besides, to be completely fair, it wasn’t all his fault. He was just so used to taking responsibility for things that he'd automatically taken the guilt upon him. Even if he only had a very small influence on the outcome. “I will. I just need you to answer something first.” He leaned slightly forward as he looked into her eyes, prepared to see the lie in them. The searching for an answer that wouldn't need thinking. “Where did we meet three days ago?” If she said the address, occasion, or name of the manor, that would suffice. If she added that they'd met outside or any other details of the night, even better. But if she couldn’t give him a swift answer or refused to answer altogether, he was convinced that he wasn’t speaking to Saga. Perhaps she wasn’t even in there. For all he knew, he could be looking at a shapeshifter who’d taken on her appearance. Besides, the question didn’t seem that much to ask for in return for mentioning his mistakes.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyOns Sep 08, 2021 4:10 pm

He… leaned in. It went completely against the attitude she had hoped to pulled out from him! She sensed his slight cockiness from his first demand of inquire; needing answers to a question of his own first. And didn’t she so perfectly mimic the vessel’s confidence by not moving back herself at all, she remained as calm and unbothered by his intimidation attempt, then she’d have had to bite her tongue. “The Winter Ball,” she said as an almost instant reply hadn’t it been for the intentional second of silent. She didn’t hesitate on one single syllable because the thing was: She knew. At least, she knew enough. “I might not be one for appreciating the kinds of grand and lavish gatherings but believing I’d forget so soon is nearly an insult. The reason I attended, in defiance to our quarrel, was after al-.. AAARGH!!!” She suddenly screamed out in pain and immediately stood up to take a few stumbling steps back as she shook and grabbed one of her hands. “FUCKING BITCH!!” Looking down at her hand, she saw the two deep slits on the top of it which seemingly had just appeared out of nowhere. They bled quite a lot and there was no doubt how ut must have felt to so abruptly get them.
Whatever calm had been veiled over the dark-haired young woman was immediately gone. Whatever pretend has been washed away like had a bucket of water been dropped over her and made the paint smudge and drip of. When she finally moved her eyes from the cuts to Michael, it was the same blue eyes that he’d met but that was about it. The expression was nowhere near as mellow as they usually were. As they had been just a little ago. The bleeding hand was in that next instant raised and then sent directly across the angel’s face. Tiny red droplets spraying and the slap, although flat handed, carried a massive amount of supernatural strength behind it. She couldn’t hit the witch herself for what she had just done – jeopardizing things!! – but she could make her hit him.

Saga let out a loud and heavy sigh of both relief and satisfaction, wiping her head so to get hair out of her face, as she straightened herself up after that outburst of frustration. “Ah, sorry about that. Your companion looks to not like me playing her part any longer. Quite rude, isn’t she? Interrupting the grown-ups that. Tsk..” It was still her voice but the tones were now very different. The very neutral accent had gotten the flare of the nature of the actual new pilot of the tongue speaking. Not really minding the blood at all or the stinging wound that was slowly healing back up again, she ran the hand through her hair and revealed… a smile as attention returned to Michael. A big smile. A prideful and underlyingly sinister one. “Now, where were we? You were about to tell me all about how you fuck things up for people around you.” She dared a step towards him while she let down her arm and moved both her hands to rest comfortably on her hips. “Don’t let whatever just happened stop you. I really am interested in hearing you say it out loud,” she insured him with a theatrical head movement.

Her eyes were now glued to him rather than simply watching him like she had done up until then. They were excited. More so to finally witness how he’d react to the reveal – although a tad bit too early than planned – than to actually hear him recite his mistakes. In a way, she didn’t give a rat’s ass about any of that.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyOns Sep 08, 2021 8:52 pm

He was disappointed to hear that she knew the answer to his question. He had hoped that she was a different person entirely - someone who only appeared to be Saga. He leaned back in silence, ready for what was coming. Still, it was no wonder that he questioned her. The whole situation seemed eminently off. So he went on to dwell on other theories, refusing to believe that they hadn’t done something to make her act this way. As he predicted, she didn’t take his questioning well, but he was far too occupied with planning his next move to care much for it. The person speaking wasn't her, anyway.
Her scream yanked him out of his thoughts, and he pulled at the restraints, wanting to reach her side. He then noticed the cuts on her hand, suddenly realizing what had happened. And that this was her way of fighting it. He felt a sense of pride at this. Most people were too weak to fight a demon who’d possessed them, and the fighting was extremely exhausting. He had never been able to keep a demon out of his head for more than a few hours, needing to recharge before he tried again. He didn’t exactly feel more at ease, knowing what he had to do to save her, but at least he knew why she’d so drastically changed. And that in itself was relieving. The knowing made him unfazed by the slap to his face. His head barely moved, nor did he seem further disturbed by the blood it had left on his skin and shirt. “Would you look at that.” He glanced at the bleeding hand and smiled. He was impressed that she’d managed to harm the demon, not just by the power of her mind but physically. And it only added to his confidence regarding them getting out soon.

I don’t believe I was,” he calmly replied. Even if there was anything to tell, he wouldn’t admit to his mistakes in front of her. “Besides, Saga had every chance to stay behind, so you can hardly put the blame for what happened to her on me.” He might not believe completely in this himself. But it was the belief he wanted to portray. It probably fit right in with the other preconceived opinions she had of him. Of what tales circled in the demonic communities.
He took a moment to look around the room again. He already knew well of the layout, but he wanted to check that they hadn't added any new traps since her arrival. Ones that they could trigger once he hurt the demon. But there were none to see, so he figured the worst that could happen was listening to that sharp, high-pitched ringing again. He then returned his eyes to her. He didn’t want to do this to Saga. It was the whole reason that he hadn’t already recited religious quotes - that being the only thing he could hurt the demon with. But there was no way around it. Even if she regained control and they managed to get out, it had to be done. “Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, omnis legio diabolica, adiuramus te,” he started the exorcism, hoping it was painful enough for her to not try anything. And despite how much it pained Saga as well, he needed her to stay strong and help in expelling the demon.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTors Sep 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Every little lasting bit of humour that had been on her face abruptly dropped completely from her face even before he started his chanting. As if she had been able to sense what he was about to do before it happened. As if something had started collecting in the air around the concrete room, an holy power that quickly made the small hairs on her body tingle like e spider she was. “No!! Stop that!” she yelled instantly furious and she lunged out towards him like an animal ready to strike but she was halted before she could do anything.
Another agonising scream pushed forth through her throat and she fell hard down unto her bare knees right there in front of the archangel. She curled up with a spasm and tensed up in every inch of her borrowed body, fought the expelling with all her might. How dared he?! Didn’t he know that his witch also felt it all? Didn’t he know that he’d risk that she would go down just as well as any demon? If the grip was strong enough. … Didn’t he know it was absolutely pointless? In an almost perfect curve of sound, the scream and strenuous sounds changed and turned more and more into laughter. The same with the acted compulsions stopped to instead shimmy the now relaxed shoulders in the same rhythm like the laughter. Then by putting her toes back and pushing herself a little backwards, she effortlessly got right back on her feet and presented the prideful hero with sheer amusement that was so damn misplaced on Saga’s face. “Would you look at that.” She didn’t spare on the smugness when she repeated his same words before overdramatising a gasp. “It didn’t work. How can it be?!” The smile never left her eyes no matter what expression she used to rub it in his face.

Gracefully, she lifted her hand up and swirled a pointed finger in the vicinity of her mouth as she then asked: “Can you taste it? Right there on your tongue. The incompetence. A lot like when the little man -” She, instead, pointed her finger straight up for reference. “- won’t stand when it’s time for a bit of delightful cave diving. Tsk tsk tsk, Michael. You didn’t actually think that we’d let you talk if your precious words would just do the job.” She shook her head at him, very disappointedly. “We worked hard on getting the bitch here to comply. Witches are usually so easy to slip into, but there’re just some who doesn’t like to have other meddling with their stuff,” she explained while giving the horribly slits on her hand a little glance. Meh. It hadn’t actually hurt that much. It was but a scratch from an angry cat, that was. No wander the witch had a familiar with claws. What a match.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyLør Sep 11, 2021 8:30 pm

He didn’t pause despite her pleading. Despite how much he heard Saga in her voice. It would only draw the pain out. He kept trying to imagine that he only hurt the demon. But he knew that it would feel worse for the vessel, not being the one capable of escaping it. The words were torture for a possession demon to listen to. It would burn them much worse than most holy objects. And as much as he tried to focus on that. The demon. It still ached him to listen to her screams. But he was determined to follow through. As far as he saw it, this was their only way out. But then something happened. Her scream turned into... laughter. At the same moment, he stopped his chanting, realizing that she’d pretended the whole time. When she looked at him, she wouldn’t find much surprise in his expression. If they’d managed to cut off his powers, which already was quite the feat, then they could as well have the means to remove the power of his word. “I must admit, your act was pretty convincing,” he said, thinking she must have witnessed something similar before. It was the only explanation to how she'd played it off so well. He was however wondering why she did it. If it was to see some sort of specific expression on his face, he'd surely disappointed her. But it also brought him to think of what her agenda was as a whole. So far, she hadn't seemed to demand anything. So perhaps all of this was a way to keep him dormant. To gain time and hide whatever they thought he'd come here for.
He chuckled as she said it didn't work. “Oh, it will.” His eyes stayed with her, the misplaced smile making it much easier to see the demon for who she was. “You can’t contain me for much longer. So, if I were you, I’d leave the witch’s body now. It will be far less painful than staying.” His face took a serious expression as he looked at her. He could play this game all day, but in the end, it was going to hurt her the most. Of course, he also said this as an attempt to spare Saga the pain. But it would do all the same to the demon.

He narrowed his eyes as he listened to her words. The insults landed nowhere. He could care less what she thought of him. She was nothing but scum in his eyes. “You’d be surprised at the things I’ve gotten away with,” he commented. Besides, it never hurt to try. Demons were often ignorant or forgetful when it came to securing the necessary precautions. An archangel wasn't as easily trapped as a regular angel, after all. A faint smile tugged at the corners of his lips when she mentioned Saga's defiance. He glanced down her body, not the least surprised that she’d put up a fight. He just wished she hadn’t needed to. “And she’s going to keep putting up a fight, so you'd truly do yourself a favor for letting her go early.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptySøn Sep 12, 2021 10:49 am

He was right. They were running on mostly borrowed time with him. They had covered his tongue so his words would have no power, but it would eventually dissolve. They had suppressed his abilities, even managed to suppress his strength, although that had shown to not matter much. The man was a beast, given all the best of God. In this day and age, he’d probably be thought to be more machine than man. Still, they had him sat there in his little chair and he could currently do absolutely nothing and while he was right, there was still plenty of time before any of it would falter.

The imposter clicked her tongue at him, shaking her head at him one more time. “Oh, Michael, now you’re boring me,” she said blatantly accusatory, waving a hand that if anything was rather dismissive of his continued premature gloating. “You were truly blessed with a voice on an angel however, this arrogance really doesn’t suit you at all. You sound like a small boy trying to be big and tough. That, or some grumpy old crook. Already getting tired of life, are we?” She might be twisting a lot of her words into questions like these, but in reality, she didn’t want answers to any of them. Not the verbal kind. She wanted to plant small inconspicuous thoughts in the back of his mind. If she was lucky, they’d whisper themselves to him in his darkest of hours when he was alone. Of course, she was of the impatient sort and it was always a thorn in her side, when he took none of the hits then and there even though she was well aware of the potential effect only manifesting long from then.
“But yea!” A heavy sigh followed by her then completely closing the short distance between the two, shamelessly sitting down in his lap as if he was a chair for her convenience. Both legs on one side for the time being. “She’s a feisty one. She would probably stab herself if she could. I can see, that she’s quite trigger-happy with sharp objects. And what an obsession with blood, hm.“ As her smile grew into a bit more delight, she turned to look at Michael. She definitely didn’t mind this closeness to him and she even wrapped an arm around his neck for better positioning. “I mean, what kind of company do you keep these days, Michael? I knew you were into the forbidden fruit, it ended you on in Hell, but I would’ve thought your daddy had straightened you out. Ah! Speaking of Hell!” She moved slightly in his lap, turning her front as most towards him as comfort would without her switching seat, and then moved her other hand to his shoulder, firstly laying it there with grace before digging her thumb into the flesh. Poked right through the shirt’s fabric and then the skin and then the nerves and muscle fibers. All the way until she hit bone. He might’ve thought she could only work her magic with the frequent vibrations through mental ability alone. He’d be wrong because as soon as she made contact she sent those vibrations right through his bone structure. Increasing the intensity as she saw fit. “You don’t know me, I’m sure, but I was a big fan of you when you visited us there.” She didn’t stop while she spoke. She only dug her thumb deeper in, although there wasn’t much length left to do so - useless small hands.

Suddenly she pulled her thumb back out in another spray of blood - this time his, of course. She wasn’t careful to be gentle. He could surely take it. Those feather freaked always healed up faster than the morning dew evaporated from the sun. “With that said, whether your little witch bitch is going to keep fighting, she ain’t doing it right now. My guess is, that she got a bit hurt from how you didn’t even hesitate with your word play,” she revealed. It was one big fat lie, though. Saga hadn’t pulled away. And not for something as petty. But… he didn’t have to know that.
The demon reached up and grabbed him by his jaw, smudging him with his own blood as she forcefully turned his head to better look at him, look him in the eyes. “So, now, do you mind telling me why it is you’re here? I know you’re here because of what the boss is brewing but… why are you here and not just some of your toy soldiers?” She curiously raised her eyebrows. “Needed a vacation? I doubt it.”
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTors Sep 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Once again, her words had no effect on him. It helped that they didn’t make much sense either. If he was tired of life, he wouldn’t have traveled to Cuba to take down their organization. No, in such case, he'd care less about their drug’s widespread consequences. However, he knew better than to respond or bother with correcting her. It would hardly make her change her mind about him. By this point, he'd figured she was a sadist, finding enjoyment in the situation. And if she wanted something in turn for his release, she'd probably already brought a negotiation up.
He instinctively leaned back as she neared him, anticipating another hit. Instead, she did something worse. The moment she placed herself in his lap, he pulled at the restraints that kept his legs trapped. She seemed far too comfortable with this, which meant she knew that he could do absolutely nothing to fight her.
He didn’t know what meaning to put into her words about Saga. It was understandable that she used blood in her symbolic magic, considering that all magic required a price. But he couldn’t help but wonder if it was more than that. “You sure those aren’t just your own sick obsessions?” His expression was tense as she turned to look at him. He wished he could wipe that smile off her face. Make her wish she’d never crossed either of them. But he was useless until his powers returned. He could do nothing but wait or try to persuade her, in which he didn’t even know where to begin. He clenched his jaw as she wrapped her arm around his neck. Part of him wanted to get as far away from her as possible. But another part was reminded back on their kiss and how close she’d been to him then. It was the strangest feeling and it only seemed to grow the longer she stayed there. Gratefully, it was short-lived as she spoke again and confusion overtook. The forbidden fruit ended him in Hell? She'd clearly heard some rumor regarding that. The only reason he’d ended up in Hell was because he’d sacrificed himself for someone he loved. He’d made a deal for their life in turn for his capture in Hell. Perhaps it was forbidden in the sense that he’d gone against his father’s command about death, but he had never repeated it. The punishment he'd suffered there had been too grave not to learn from.

There was never a time where he wanted to speak of his experiences in Hell. The memories he had from it were excruciatingly painful and still awfully vivid. But before he got a chance to worry about her being one of the demons who’d tortured him, he felt her thumb dig into his shoulder. Every nerve she touched reacted violently as she made her way to his shoulder blade and he closed his eyes as he tried to distract his mind from the pain. It wasn’t bad compared to his previous experiences. But it was still incredibly painful. However, he hadn't prepared for that same agonizing sensation that he’d felt earlier to course through his whole body, through his bones, nonetheless. He groaned loudly, then bit his teeth together and leaned his head slightly back. Finding the strength to just endure the pain. If he didn't make any noise, they usually stopped sooner. He then parted his lips to let out a scream as she intensified the pain. His whole body ached for it to end. It felt as if all his bones would crack and break into splinters if she put the tiniest more pressure on them. “Oh yeah?” he asked with a heavy breath as he’d opened his eyes again. Taking a moment of lesser pain to regain himself a bit. So, she had been in Hell during his time there. “What’s your name?” Despite her conviction, he might just have heard of her. And although she probably wouldn't tell him her name—at least not if she had been one of the demons who’d tortured him—he was still curious to know.

He inhaled sharply as she pulled her thumb out. The sudden sting of pain quickly turned into relief as his healing ability kicked in and closed off the wound. It was an ability that no one had been able to numb completely, which also explained why he'd lived for as long as he had. Although, many had tried. She then mentioned that Saga had stopped fighting. “No,” he said in disbelief. It was the only way to save her. Surely, she could see that. But a small voice in his head told him that it was true. After all, she had gotten upset at him for leaving her alone with Ajax and Pandora in October. And despite their similarities, they didn't always see things the same way. But if she was disappointed in him for doing what he deemed was best in order to save people, then so be it. He was already convinced that she was through with him after this trip, so it couldn't possibly change much of her opinion of him.

She then grabbed him by the jaw, coloring it with his own blood as she forced him to look at her. For the first time asking him a valid question. There were a couple of reasons why he’d decided to investigate this case himself. First being his history with Lorenzo. Second being the murders that he believed to be connected to it. And third being to help Saga find her father. But of course, he also believed he'd be able to take the operation down faster than any of his angels. “I deemed it critical for me to look into it considering the recent murders and that it all is related to some sin-inducing drug. I knew that if you got much more time on your hands to continue the operation, it would become much more difficult to shut down and I didn’t want to take that chance.” He could destroy it much faster than anyone once he’d found it. And with the help of a witch, it would only have gone that much more smoothly. That was if this hadn’t happened. “Would you have preferred some other angel? Because I can arrange that.” He tilted his head slightly as he looked at her. Of course, he’d never give her another angel. If anything, he’d summon one of his soldiers to fight her. But since all he had to do was sit here and wait, staying silent wasn’t going to do much better.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptySøn Okt 03, 2021 2:44 pm

No doubt that she fully enjoyed how much the archangel had to fight against the pain she inflicted on him but it was when he finally screamed, that her smile truly grew a few sizes much like the Grinch. It shouldn’t have been possible with the little witch’s facial features, but she still somehow managed to curl the corners of the mouth into sinister little peaks. She had an inkling that he must have underestimated what she was capable of. Sure, she had no way to utilize the immense magic deposit within her host but she wasn’t entirely without tricks. She wouldn’t have pulled from hell if she was completely useless. The smile softened, although it never became either kind nor warm and she tilted her had so to better look into his eyes as he relocated some of his monstrous strength. At this point she had stopped the vibrations. “Why, it’s Saga, of course. Saga Calliope Rhyss. Named after my infamous grandmother,” she replied, finding it sort of amusing that he could’ve expected any other answers. She almost shook her head at him like a condescending middle school teacher but she refrained.

The response, that then followed her little innocent lie, was absolutely satisfactory. And it wasn’t even the verbal one that really stroked her ego. It was what came after that. There had been confidence in his ’no’ but quickly thereafter it was clear to see it faltering in his eyes while his own intrusive thoughts started to do the job which she wanted done. She wanted that small voice to speak louder and louder if she could.
With her grip on his jaw, she pulled his chin slightly more up and his head slightly back as if she that way could look at him from a better angle. And it was indeed a better angle, especially since her position on his lap had her sit just a little taller than him. This way only amplified the feeling of her looking down at him. “Sí.” She stretched out her bloodied thumb and gently and very slowly dragged it over his tasteful-looking lips, pulling at his bottom lip before letting him go. Let go of his jaw and pulled away the arm around his neck and then stood up again at the same time as she stuck the thumb into her mouth to lick off the remaining blood of. Mmh.. sweet like plums. But as soon as it was done, both her hands found a spot on each of his shoulders and she simply sat down again. Only this time, she had strategically positioned herself with a leg on either side of him while still facing him front on. Her hands calmly glided a little further around his neck so it was her forearms that casually rested on him. Her relaxed hands dangling behind, teasingly close but without actually touching. She was sitting very comfortably on him. Without any shame for the sheer perversion  and sinfulness of her actions. “Interesting,” she said to his explanation to her first actual concrete question. The only question which answer had any meaningfulness besides her poking and prodding. And he was as good a boy as ever, because he give her a rather willing reply. “I mean, I wouldn’t personally prefer any other angel. But the boss wasn’t too happy to hear you of all your proud brothers and sisters was snooping around.” She broke eye contact with him to let her eyes wander down him. One of her hands slid from his shoulder and then continued down over his chest and torso. Over the red-ringed hole in the dumb borrowed T-shirt from where he thumb had drilled through. And then further to the edges of it where she looked up at him again and her hand snuck in under the shirt to run back up against his bare skin.

“So, how much do you know so far? About the drug. The operation. I’m guessing you haven’t had the opportunity to try the stuff out yourself. Which honestly is a bit of a bummer.” Her hand stopped near his ribs where she straightened her position to let her hand turn in a comfortably position - and to sit just a smidge closer to him. Then her fingers dug into his skin once more. All those who hadn’t had the chance before. All expect the thumb. And she dug then deep again. Slowly curling her fingers more and more so to curve in under the bottom of his ribcage on his right side. Warm blood was hastily running from the wounds and own her hand and wrist and dripped down his stomach and onto his pants.
She didn’t stop talking, though. She wasn’t the one experiencing the pain. She was perfectly fine. “I know lot of us wanted to see what would happen if ‘he who is like God’ was drugged. Or if it even would affect you.”
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyFre Dec 03, 2021 12:01 am

He scoffed at her play pretend, but it quickly turned into a pained cough. His lungs ached from the pressure she’d put on his nerves. And his attempt at hiding his emotions faltered. He lowered his gaze, focusing on a spot on the concrete floor. He didn’t want the demon to know that when it regarded those he felt responsible for, those he cared for, his mind wasn't so easily barricaded—that it was much easier to poke at feelings of guilt and failure, that it only reminded him of how disappointed his father had to be. And he felt awful for not holding it in—the cough, the screams, and the flicker of doubt behind his eyes. Because he had been through worse, and yet he couldn’t just shut up, stare ahead, and pretend that he didn’t feel anything. It was what he was expected to do. But getting into that mindset was a passive move, and he couldn’t help but worry about the things she saw in Saga’s mind. Not because he thought he’d slipped up and revealed something he shouldn’t have. But because they’d be able to track her down once they’d escaped and she would never truly be safe. And it would all be his fault.
He had known of the danger she’d be in, and yet he invited her along. He chose not to listen to the voice telling him why he shouldn’t bring people into his job (life). And now he’d made a mistake and she was suffering because of it. He’d barely closed his eyes when she pulled his chin up, making him look directly at her. The movement was enough to drag him back to the present, and he had to ask: “What else do you see?” A part of him was curious to know why her grandmother was infamous, but the question wasn't so much asked for his knowledge as it was an encouragement for the demon to dig in. It was asked in hopes of her searching through enough doors so that Saga might find a way out. And if she could gain control again, if she could contain the demon in her mind for just a few moments, that might just give her enough time to free him.

It didn’t help his thoughts regarding her insights that she dragged her thumb over his lips because Saga had done the exact same thing the first time they'd met. But regardless, the demon knew too much, and so he still deemed the searching worth a shot. He watched as she tasted his blood, waiting for a reaction that would reveal her to be a blood demon—have it be a coincidental act rather than a conscious one. But before he could decipher an answer, she placed herself flagrantly on top of him, and he returned to a state of tense irritation. He swallowed once, tasting blood on his tongue, but he didn't flinch, he only held her gaze.
Where is your boss?” he asked, taking the mention of Lorenzo as an opportunity to steer the conversation into something of use to him. He hoped that she’d confirm he was on the island, thinking it meant that he’d be on his way as they spoke. And that was all the good he could hope to come out of the situation. He inclined his head as she began to move her hands down his torso, bracing for the pain to transpire. A chill ran down his spine as she slid underneath his shirt and moved her hand up against his bare skin. It almost made him wish that she'd just dig in.

I know about its effects. How you’re using it to create profits and damn souls,” he replied. If he didn’t know about its special properties, he wouldn’t have personally taken the case, so there was hardly any harm in admitting this. But then she jabbed her fingers into him, creating an agonizing pain as she clung to his ribcage. And he tried to bite it down, to do what he was trained to, focusing on a small dent in the door and say nothing of it. He inhaled, only slightly staggering, hoping an additional answer would satisfy her enough to ease the pain. “I’ve known about the operation for a while,” he breathed out, keeping it together despite his body's urge to scream and fight the pain she inflicted. “But I don’t know how widespread it is,” he added, looking straight at her for a while before his gaze lowered to his torso. Watching the blood leave his body and feeling dizzier by the second. His eyes focused back on her face as she continued. He knew there wasn’t a sign of the drug in the room, so he figured drugging him wasn’t part of their plan. Besides, they couldn’t really do much better than locking him with restraints that rendered him powerless. “Hm,” he murmured, grateful that they’d decided against it, whatever their reason. It wouldn’t have been that difficult to force the substance down his throat, so he could only assume they didn’t want to put such effects on him.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyFre Dec 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Ah? So the big bad archangel was curious after all. Of course he was. Who wouldn’t be? She certainly would, if she’d known just how much was kept behind closed doors in the witch’s mind. Barely any of them with locks turned, though, to her biggest surprised, as if the ebony haired girl wasn’t the slightest bit concerned of anyone getting in their to scurry around. Like now. How horribly arrogant of her, only to create the hassle of actually opening them all up. Because there sure were a lot.
Saga smiled a bit wider, not having caught suspicion about any hidden agenda for Michael’s supposed curiosity. She had been too eager and too occupied with the sheer thrill of having something he wanted once again. It was such a rush! Like holding a carrot in a string in front of a hungry donkey to get carried up a tall mountain. Of course; she denied him any sweet treats from the witch’s private archives. Instead she simply clicked her tongue at him. Only she hadn’t been able to hold herself back from sweeping through herself in search of something juicy. Something she potentially would throw at the man in the chair when she felt like he needed a new stab of sin. She opened doors. And she left them open in her hast..

Now, the boss? Well, there probably wouldn’t be any problems with answering some questions. “Oh, don’t worry about him. He should be on his way here. Despite his dislike for you I would imagine that he has a message or two for you still. Just be patience, Michael. All in due time,” she said, her voice turning more and more into uncomfortably soft cotton. It was still Saga’s - the real Saga’s vocal cord but ever since the pretend had ended, it nearly no longer sounded the least bit like her. The ups and downs in the tone and the smoothing on the tongue, the purrs of delight. It wasn’t Saga Rhyss. It couldn’t be farther from Saga Rhyss at this point. Even more so when she felt the chills he got from her sensual touch and she no longer could help a playful giggle from sounding out loud. Very pleased with herself, indeed. It sure was tempting to keep going like that. But alas!

The feeling of his muscles tensing up around her fingers were marvelous! The pulsation of the nerve retracting from the immense pain she put them through was just… something else. He didn’t scream this time, sadly, but somehow it didn’t really bother her because the restrain he showcased only made his flesh press tighter around her nimble fingers. Thank god he was a lean man. Excess fat only got in the way of this sensation.
She kept digging her fingers into him. Not necessarily any deeper; she wasn’t planning of puncturing any of his organs.. well.. yet. They had time for that later. “For a while, you say?” Her hand had almost curled completely into a full grip of his ribcage, her fingertip grazing the bone and nails gently scraping at the connective tissue. She pulled up. Not much and not particularly forcefully, although she needed to put some strength into it. “And only now you’re doing something about it? If you ask me, I’d almost think you didn’t actually mind what we were doing until good old heavenly guilt settled in you,” she guessed as she, with a hand by his collarbone, leaned in to anchor herself better for the pull her other hand so agonizingly slow was doing. “I would tell you all about it, really, but I’m sure you’re aware that, you already know a lot more than we like. - Hm?”
That was strange..
While she had been talking, blood had started to tinkle down her right arm in long red streaks, coming from under the dress’ short sleeve where blood already had soaked through the fabric. Even on the back of the arms shoulder, blood was apparently seeping from open cuts. But the strange part was, how the demon hadn’t felt anything of it. Not really. And from the bleeding, they had to be pretty deep cuts too. She had only noticed, when blood had ran all the way down over her underarm and at that point, she was suddenly much more aware of her fingers uncurling and.. pulling out from the warm flesh of the archangel. Brows furrowed in instant annoyance and as soon as she went to dig them back, the hand - no, the whole arm started to shake in strain.

“What the -!!” Eventually the hand was removed and she whipped her eyes up at Michael in an involuntary mix of anger and fright. She stood up quickly. And she staggered. And she fell to the ground. Her legs having become useless and uncooperative. That was when she very faintly would hear mumbling inside her own head. Chanting? No! Fuck no!
The dress was hiding it, but the source of those bleeding wounds, that had suddenly appeared were not simply cuts like the one done to her hand earlier. It was a symbol. A sigil. Not to regain control, but to restrain. Disable. Saga was breathing heavily, her chest jumping frantically. The right arm was now hanging very limp down the side. The other was still hanging in there, keeping her from collapsing by holding a steady straight up in the ground. "ARMANDO!" she yelled out.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTors Dec 09, 2021 10:09 pm

He’d been forced to be patient. He’d sat in the room for hours, not able to do anything except wait for the magic to wear off. But as much as he wished things had gone differently, he knew that fate had given him time for a reason and that it wasn't to be taken for granted. So, while he’d been alone, he’d tried to make use of the time, getting a sense of the place. And the more he did, the more certain he was of its significance. The air was heavy with unholy energy, turned dark in a way only demons could. Every observed sound was transformed into thoughts that slowly gave purpose to the place. He wasn’t so hopeful as to conclude that they’d brought him to their main hideout, but it had to be either their warehouse or production facility. And it made it at least a bit easier to deal with it all, knowing that in the end, he would tear it down.

He felt sick at the way she curled her fingers around his ribs, scraping her nails against them, and his nerves screamed for it to end, remembering well what the breaking of ribs felt like. He held his breath as she pulled up and the pain sharpened, knowing she had the strength to go through with it. But she must've only meant to scare him because he wasn’t met with the anticipated affliction. And yet, the way she tormentingly toyed with him was almost worse.
He shook his head vaguely at her assumption. She misunderstood. “What I mean is that we monitor demonic activities.” He bent slightly forward at the excruciating pain, somehow hoping it would lessen it. Heaven had been able to sense the many gathered demons, but it took time for them to investigate them and ultimately determine the cause of their activity. “We only recently discovered the nature of yours,” he revealed, breathing heavier now. His heart was beating fast in its attempt to aid his body, even if it was a fight he couldn’t win. His muscles, however strong, weren’t going to prevent her from doing what she intended. “And then there was news of murders near the casino.” That was what ultimately what had warranted further investigation. So, no, it had never been about him, heavenly guilt or not, but about the corruption of souls. The dangers of inducing humanity’s existing temptation toward sin. The lust leading people to ruin marriages. The long-term effect of greed manifesting into selfishness and addiction. There was no way the angels could just stand by and let a drug like that spread uncontrollably. It only brought them more tribulation in the end, and they were barely able to maintain the balance of good and evil as it was.

He gasped as her hand suddenly pulled out. His eyes found hers, noticing the anger and fright in them. And he knew then that Saga had reached through. The blood running down her arm served as evidence of what she’d done while the demon had been distracted. He watched as she staggered backward and fell, contained for the time being. Yet, she still had it in her to call for backup. He pulled at the restraints once more, only this time the metal broke, shattering like fragile glass. He raised his hand toward the door, freezing it shut with an unbearable temperature, then letting the ice work its way throughout the hallway. An obstacle he hoped would gain him some extra time. “Armando va a tener que esperar su turno,” he said as he looked down at her. His hand then lowered to her, hovering in the space between them, hesitating for a moment because he knew that this would hurt Saga almost as much as the demon. But they hadn’t much time, and Saga could only hold her back for so long. So, with a small wave of his hand, he surrounded her with holy light and began the intoning of an exorcism. It would feel like her skin was on fire, enhancing the burning discomfort of the words. The forced eviction of a demon was never a pleasant thing, but it was much less so for an unholy being. Yet, he didn't falter in his speech. Not just because he could hear the commotion happening outside, but because he had done it so many times—seen the hurt of people, good and bad alike. Many of which were harmed by his hand for a similar reason as this, a greater purpose that outweighed the temporary bad.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyFre Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm

This was all going to shits! There was no light showing an escape for the encapsulated demon of any kind. All she suddenly could stand witness to was how the first archangel, God’s supposed most-favoured son, break free from his restrains and stand up like a tower in front of her stolen eyes. But despite all the terror and the fury that was only just being contained inside that damn vessel, a last little speck of sadistic delight and amusement as she noticed the hesitation of the condemning  hand, he held out in front of her. Yes. No matter what, he’d not be able to win it all and nothing really tasted sweeter than to know that the almighty had these weaknesses. A smug smile never got a chance to break through, though, not before the hesitant moment was over.

The demon was bolted away from her conscious the exact moment, that the holy light surrounded her and her body immediately collapsed further. As if a puppet had had a quick switch of puppeteers, forcing the second one to stop the puppet from falling to the ground. A loud, agonising groan rolled from her throat, just as she slam the hand, that, a second before, had been hanging numb down her side, into the hard flooring and lock her shoulders and spiked her back like a tense cat to somehow withstand the strain this seemingly harmless, and probably also rather beautiful illumination caused her cursed existence. She breathed out as if her body had tried throwing up instead - mouth wide open. Then the words sounded. The little witch had experience the light before. Briefly and only by standing near it, not like this. But she had never experienced the words of Gods on her. The heavenly light had burned her. The words were completely different and whatever skin-burning she had felt before was drowned entirely..
For a second, she actually thought she could hold it in by simply biting her teeth hard enough, but she barely noticed herself, when her head leaned back and her teeth pulled apart again to let out the scream. A very real one this time, even if it sounded very close to the one the demon had presented earlier. The only real different was that it wasn’t the demon preforming the scream this time and the strong display of an even stronger emotion gave off strange feeling.

Saga was back in control of the body, yes, but the demon was still very much there. Inside her. It had only given control back in hopes of an easier escape. Take distant to the compelling, the pain. Leave the witch in front might’ve even pulled at Michael’s heartstrings. There was just one last thing. Saga wasn’t planning on actually letting the demon out.

Pearls of sweat was trickling down the sides of her pale face and when she for a quick while managed to find strength to open up her eyes, they were specked with pained tears which for some reason didn’t start running down her cheeks as she had to close them tightly again. Her screams were constant the whole way through while her body was as tensed up, especially around her neck, that blood vessels might’ve been close to bursting under her skin.
Her heart was beating irregularly in her chest, making her dizzy and forced her to concentrate even harder. To hold the demon. This could stop much sooner, if she just let the demon go as if wished, but… Like out of nowhere her hair started to change. Starting at her roots, the black pigment began to disappear. It wasn’t fading; the edge from black to white was very stark as it moved towards the ends of her hair, eventually having absorbed and ‘eaten’ all the pigment from her strands. The brows as well. The magic had demanded it..

Nevertheless; it had worked. As the final words found their way over Michael’s tongue, Saga’s body automatically leaned back to sit straighter. Her head tilted far back and he stretch throat showed disgusting visuals, looking like something of soft, but firm mass was crawling its way out. Then black smoke existed her mouth. Shot out… and… dissolved in the light.

Not having been able to breath at all for that last part, Saga immediately started heaving for ear and coughed horribly as soon as it was over. As soon as the tortuous words had stopped and as soon as the holy light didn’t bind and weakened her. She collapsed completely. Utterly exhausted and drained. Her voice was hoarse when she silently said: “Danke.”
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTors Dec 16, 2021 9:30 pm

He frowned as he found himself continuing for longer than usual, stealing a glance at the door as a hard pound was thrown against it. It almost seemed like Saga tried to prevent the demon from leaving, only bringing that much more suffering to them both. It confused him because he could tell how much it hurt her. Her screams were heart-wrenching, cutting straight through him, unlike the ones the demon had acted out earlier. But he couldn’t be sure just because most exorcisms ended quicker. It could as well be that the demon held on, so the light was strengthened and the Latin spoken more vigorously, filling up the room like a cathedral.

Astonishment lit his eyes as her distinctive raven hair faded to a stark white, and he caught himself almost breaking his chain of words. But he continued, knowing that it wasn’t caused by him, and he was afraid something worse would happen if he didn’t. It was first when he’d watched the darkness leave her throat, having no choice but to escape its vessel, that he finally ceased to speak. The light slowly dimmed around her, but it wasn’t doused. The door boomed from the heavy banging, and he knew his enforcement wouldn’t delay them much longer, so he used the light he’d created to shield them inside the room, creating a wall that was impenetrable while he actively sustained it. But by the time he wasn’t, they would be gone. He held an open palm towards the doors while his gaze became occupied with the ceiling, feeling lucky for the tropical Cuban climate, as he’d quickly managed to gather clouds above them. Once he’d decided on a spot, a lighting strike crashed through the floors above them, creating a hole just large enough for an escape. He couldn’t put Saga through teleportation in her state. Neither could he risk a demon to get a lethal blow on her, so fighting their way out wasn’t an option. And he felt awful enough for being the reason she was here in the first place. So the sooner he could get her out, the better.

He breathed in, trying to recollect his thoughts in midst of the chaos, to not screw up and let something slip through his grip on his powers. No matter how much they strained him. He wrapped his arms around Saga and lifted her up—one arm below her knees and the other supporting her back. In the same instance, the door was kicked in, sending a gust of freezing air into the room. But all they’d see was him ascending through the newly formed exit in the ceiling, purely relying on his air manipulation to escape.
Once they’d reached through, a set of white wings grew wide from his back and he pressed her body tight to his chest as they flew higher. Just enough to be out of sniper's reach. Their shots pierced the air with a deathly warning. But soon they’d have much worse to worry about. Another lighting hit, this time setting one of their trucks aflame with an explosion. And then more followed, striking the main building of the facility. The night sky turned into a display of reds and blues. Bottles were shattering, letting alcohol flow until the whole building was burning bright and a dark cloud of smoke gathered above it. Michael didn’t look back as he set off into the night. Behind them, the panicked screams became more distant and the sound of thunder less frequent.

Eventually, they landed in front of a farmhouse. By the look of the dark windows and the absence of moral compasses, he’d deemed it empty. He set Saga down as he reached the front door, although he still had one arm wrapped around her back, ensuring she wouldn’t fall even if she lacked balance or strength. He knocked on the door three times, but when it was left unanswered, he punched a fist through the glass and unlocked it from the inside. The glass stung to a cut on his knuckles, but at this point, they were so close to some peace that he hardly cared. And it was more promising than trying to get a room in a motel or staying outside for the night. He led Saga to the couch of the living room before he left to wash the blood off his hands, leaving them remarkably cleaner than the rest of him. He found two water bottles in the fridge, but no medicine in the bathroom. So, he only returned with the water, placing one bottle on the coffee table next to her before collapsing into an armchair. He was so damn exhausted, if not from how his life always balanced between danger and death, then at his extensive use of powers when his body hadn’t gotten a chance to fully recover. He opened his bottle and took a large sip before focusing his gaze on Saga. He didn't even know what to say. She surely already thought him insane. That this was much more than she’d signed up for. But at least there were safe now. And that was what mattered most. All there was left for him to know was that she was okay too. “How are you feeling?” A simple fine would suffice. Anything that would settle his worries a bit. If he could get that, then maybe they could at last rest here until sunrise. Until they felt well enough to continue.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptySøn Dec 19, 2021 2:05 pm

The little witch hadn’t yet lost the full extent of her consciousness, however, it was still only holding on by a thread. Her eyes were barely open and even then she didn’t exactly spend her energy on sharpening her sight so they might as well have been closed. Only then, she’d definitely lose consciousness completely. Her hearing was what had pulled on her other weakened senses and allowed her to at the very least hear her the thing happening. The ceiling crashing and the light rumbles falling like rain onto the ground around them. The door breaking through the thick ice and slamming as if kicked right off its hinges by incredible force. And then… the swishing of air as she felt aching body being lifted and swung up in the angel’s strong arms.
It really was a shame, that she wasn’t entirely present. A shame she wouldn’t get the chance to witness the wings grow from his back or to experience the flight of an angel. Being held so closely and so securely into him, all she seemed to be able to focus on was the beating of his heart in his chest. Right there, where her head rested. It was so loud that it even mellowed out the thunders and crashing in the background. It was racing so controlled. Pumping adrenalin and yet never skipping a beat or became irregular. This was the heart of an ancient warrior. And to think it belonged to an angel. A creature so broadly known for peace and harmony.

Her recollection of them arriving - or even the realization of them having gotten so far away that the storming and chaotic weather no longer could be heard or seen in the distance - was very faint but being put down to stand on her own two feet for just a moment, shot her slightly more awake and her eyes wandered rather astounded up to look at the home, he had brought them to. Carefully looking over her shoulder she would also notice the open landscape free of any neighbours for miles. A clean cut change of the scenery of the glitz and glamour of the Marbella Hotel. And of the bustling of Havana city. It really was so… quiet. Apart from the shattering of glass, that had her slowly look back around just in time before being led inside.

While it was a relief to yet again have a chance to not use strength to stand up, laying down on the couch stung horribly as soon as pressure was put on the deep cuts on the back of her shoulder. She shouldn’t have used up the hibernating healing spell on mere scrapes earlier. Had she only known what would’ve happen next… But she would heal. Eventually.
She let her arm hang limp over the edge of the couch and could still feel the sensation of blood slowly gliding down it, albeit it was the most comfortable position to keep it in. Probably just not the best, considering. Perhaps a part of her was worried about losing the remaining feeling in her fingers if she didn’t have gravity pull blood to them - inside her veins, of course. At least had the slash on the top of her hand more or less created fresh scabs. It was only when the archangel broke the silence with his deep voice, that Saga realized that she had closed her eyes again - or more like they had closed up when she had grimaced to the stinging pain and just hadn’t opened up before now. She was conscious enough now to look at him there in the chair with fully alert eyes. How was she feeling? .. Invaded. There were still open doors in her mind to fester that feeling. But no.. Feverish was a much more prominent feeling. It felt like the intense discomfort that came after a bad sunburn. All over her body. It didn’t so much hurt that she was just extremely comfortable. Warm and cold at the same time. “I can still feel my nails scraping at your rib,” she chose to answer with instead. Her voice maybe calm, but had a new raspy layer which she wasn’t much a fan of and quickly tried to get rid of by shallowing a big gulp. She looked down at her hanging hand and twitched her fingertips a little as if to test if she had spoken truthfully. Yes. The sensation was still there. The warmth of his blood, the pulsing of his flesh and.. the bone, like nails to a chalkboard. Then she looked back at him, at that red-soaked area of his shirt where her fingers had been puppeteered to dig in.

She shouldn’t. It would be best for her to stay down for the time being. And yet she clenched her stomach muscles and sat up. Pulling her legs a little up as well to balance on the cushions as she was still positioned horizontally on the couch. “I would’ve never imagine I’d experience being a prisoner in my own mind. Nor for my body to be used like that. I’ve been victim to similar such as manipulation spells but nothing… quite like this.” Taking a deeper breath in, she leaned a little more forward which had her hair fall into the corners of her eye and she finally came to see the unavoidable change herself. She had just been about to lift the hand, that she had kept hanging, up to better inspect the white strands - so strange - when the touch of something soft stroked it and attention automatically fell down to the floor. Of course, what she saw, surprised her but somehow the thing that she could manage to say was a rather composed: “A cat?”

A kitten as black as the night - or by closer inspection: dark brown - had crept from somewhere in the empty house and was warily sniffing her bloodied fingers. It had semi-long hair. Ragged and weathered so it couldn’t have been a part of the household but must’ve snuck in much like the two battered induvial. Saga curled her fingers enough for the kitten to no reach. She didn’t want it to start licking the blood…
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyMan Dec 20, 2021 10:06 pm

He was relieved when she opened her eyes. It probably wouldn’t be the end if she dozed off at this point but hearing her speak was a needed reassurance. He couldn’t very well rest without it. However, he hadn’t been prepared for her to give a macabre statement that caused him to relive the memory, feeling the phantom of nails scraping against his rib. He glanced at her hand as she twitched her fingertips before his eyes returned to her, not quite as reassured as he was worried. “Were you conscious the whole time?” he asked carefully, afraid that the answer was going to be yes. Because he wished she hadn’t remembered a thing, that she could’ve been without those memories entirely. Protected from the horrors and the nightmares that were sure to follow. Yet it all traced back to him and his imprudent decision to drag her along. “There are no words to express how sorry I am for everything you've been through. For everything I put you through. He averted his eyes from her after the apology, feeling a pang of guilt rising in his chest. He knew the word sorry wouldn’t ever make it right. It wouldn’t take away the trauma and the pain inflicted. It wouldn’t keep her safe from the demons who sought revenge. But he needed to say it nonetheless.

He couldn’t even say that he hadn’t meant for any of it because he knew that she’d get a few bruises along the way. Anything less would have been a miracle or excessive caution on his part. And he knew that she’d been on board despite those risks. But he had never expected it to get this far. For her to get possessed, of all things. He looked at her as she explained what it had felt like. He remembered all too well how helpless he’d felt, how he was drowning in his own mind, constantly struggling to crash through the surface for air. And even if he regained control, he could only hold the demon for so long before he got locked away and had to start over. “It’s a vile thing.” The invasion that came with a possession and the horrendous acts you’d be forced to witness. He straightened himself as she moved forward, prepared to insist that she stayed down if she’d gotten the idea of getting up entirely, but it seemed she only tried to get comfortable. A rather impossible task, surely.

A cat? Michael followed her gaze to the floor where a stray kitten, by the looks of it, had taken an interest in Saga’s bloodied hand. He rose from the chair to grab the cat by its scruff, which made it go limp and rest calmly in his grip. He walked towards the foyer, thinking it must have snuck inside from the open door. But now that he could feel through the shaggy fur, he discovered just how skinny it was and that it might not survive if he released it. So, instead of walking outside, he closed the front door, sweeping some of the glass away from the center of the hallway with his shoe before he entered the kitchen. He placed the kitten on the tiles before he rummaged through some of the cupboards for some canned food, picking out a can of tuna in water. He then prepared two small bowls, one with the contents of the can and the other with fresh water. He’d barely placed them down when the cat had put its front paws on the bowl with tuna. A vague smile appeared on his lips as he watched it gulp down the food. Eventually leaving it alone to return to the living room, not seeing the harm in letting it stay in the farmhouse until the owners returned. “Once you’ve healed up and gotten some rest I will take you home. Or do you prefer flying?” He didn’t sit down this time, instead he walked across the room to a window near the couch. There wasn’t much room for an interjection. He didn’t think she’d want to stay after everything that had happened. Nor did he think it a good idea considering that there still were demons on the island who would be looking for them. He listened as the engine of a car revved in the distance, making sure it wasn’t headed in their direction before he turned around to face her.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyOns Dec 22, 2021 12:35 pm

No.
Saga had fallen into a veiled existence and dwelled in her own thoughts for the time, Michael had left the room. First to release the stray and then seemingly having a change of heart; to the little witch’s silence and unexpected relief. She would’ve probably continued, eventually even drifting off to an exhausted state where she’d balance between simple unconsciousness and sleep, if it hadn’t been for what he said. He’d take her home? She lifted her head, regaining presence and turned to look at him stand by the window. The intensity of those blue eyes of hers hadn’t gotten weaker by the exhaustion she felt. Surprisingly enough. Her white brows were knitted in between in lack of understanding. Maybe even a faint hint of actual disbelief. She looked away from him again. “I do prefer flying,” she replied, however leaving it at a very clear path of more to come. She wouldn’t even need to utter to word ‘but’ without strongly it hanged in the air around. In her mannerism as well as her words. And sure enough. “But no.” It was spoken with a firm tone in the midst of the weakened and soft cushioning of her voice. Much like him, there wasn’t any room for negotiations in her objection either.
She then first pulled a leg closer to her to then move it over the edge of the couch and stretch to meet with the floor. Her eyes were still not directed at him, although she could feel him looking at her. “I’m not oppose to resting and healing up; only that we finish here first before going home. I would understand if it was because you saw me as a hindrance but somehow I don’t think it’s entirely just that. If anything.. I wish to stay. To look into my father.” At last she looked up to meet him once more. Emotions didn’t linger by Saga very strongly but they were still there. Like the swirls of determination in the bleakness.

“I’ll need your help cleaning the wound on my back, though. They’ll heal up better that way since I doubt I’d be able to cast any spells myself right now.” Or on herself. Her body was far too sensitive at the moment to put it through anything of that sort. Even if it was magic and magic might just be the most natural for a pureblooded witch. She moved the non-injured hand across her chest and up to the most concentrate part of the blood soaked area. Carefully she tried peeling at the fabric, both to test just how much it was sticking to the bleeding sigil and to hopefully release it to air out the wound. “I’d rather not that it leaves any scars,” she then elaborated after sucking air through her teeth and eventually leaving the wound and T-shirt dress alone to instead let her eyes wander around the room. Looking to the kitchen, where she could hear the kitten smack it’s lips in the tuna still, and towards other doors leading to unknown rooms. Essentially she was searching. “The house should have a bath room, correct?” She looked to Michael as if he’d know although the house surely was as unfamiliar to him as to her. They hadn’t planned this retreat after all.

She didn’t wait for him to agree to helping her - she practically had concluded that he wasn’t going deny - so she began making way to stand up. Her legs weren’t happy around that. Nor was the rest of her, really. Her arm was shaking from the moment she even tried putting enough supporting weight on it.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyMan Dec 27, 2021 11:37 pm

All right, I’ll escort you to—But no. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, confounded by the objection. “No?” He wasn’t used to being told those words. It didn’t help that she didn’t look at him, so he couldn’t even begin to discern what she disagreed with. The firm tone didn’t reveal much except unwavering resolve regarding the decision. But there was still a rather crucial distinction between not wanting his help in returning home because she wanted to do it on her own, or because she wanted the opposite. He hoped the answer leaned towards the latter, not wanting their relationship to end like this. Although he’d already decided that it needed to end. He hadn’t even noticed that his fists were clenched underneath his biceps until she expressed that she wished to stay and his hands relaxed. He had been prepared for her to get angry at him, for hatred to have driven her to refuse any further help. It wouldn’t be the first time a partnership had ended that way.
Of course, he wanted to tell her that it was a bad idea, but he also figured it was of no use because this time she certainly knew the risks of staying. “Okay.” Her father had to mean a lot to her, for the quest to continue despite what she’d been through. But he understood where that drive came from. He had far too many times risked everything for the smallest hope of finding his loved ones. It didn’t surprise him that Saga was the same way in that regard. He was sure she’d be fine to continue the journey on her own as well, not letting fear get in the way of that, but if anything, he owed it to her to help find him.

Nonchalantly she moved on to address the more pressing issue of her healing. A prerequisite for them to continue their travels. Michael pushed away from the wall to step towards her, glancing at the blood-soaked spot on her back before following her eyes to the kitchen. He wouldn’t have a clue to where the bathroom was if he hadn't checked their cabinets for medications earlier. “It’s just down the hallway.” His eyes returned to her as she began to get up from the couch, and he closed the distance between them. “Here.” He grabbed her hand and wrapped an arm around her back as he led her to the bathroom. The door was already open, revealing a large bathroom with black and white tiles and a bathtub by the far wall. It was outmoded but kept in good shape. He waited until she sat sideways on the edge of the tub before he adjusted his grip, keeping a hand on her waist until she'd gained balance. “What kind of spell did you use against the demon?” he asked as he moved his hands to the lowest part of her t-shirt dress, not intending to take it off, but the sigil was placed so high on her back that the fabric reached her neck and he thought it easiest to remove entirely. His temperature must have risen at least five degrees in the time it took him to undress her. The whole time ensuring he was placed in a position behind her back, even if she had the option of covering her front with the t-shirt dress. He reached past her to grab the handle of the showerhead before he turned on the water and let it rinse the gashes in her skin. Manipulating the molecules so it ran down her back and into the tub rather than parting halfway. He then reached forward to lift the bottom of her arm where blood had run down, letting the warm water rinse that as well.

Once the wound and arm were cleaned, he stood up to fetch a towel from a shelf behind him. Outstretching a hand from his position towards her shoulder for her to take. Again making an effort not to accidentally face her or get as close as he had been. It was bad enough that his body had any such reaction towards her, and because it was incredibly wrong, he deemed it best to distance himself from it. “I’ll go look for some clothes.” He headed out the door, shutting it slightly for some added privacy before he opened an adjacent one. The master bedroom didn't have women's clothes, so he grabbed some clean clothes for himself that he laid on top of a dresser before venturing into another bedroom. This time finding some clothes that seemed to belong to a teenage girl. He grabbed a few different items from the closet so she'd have a variety to pick through and returned to the bathroom. He knocked on the door twice, then paused for a moment before he entered. The small pile of clothes was placed on a countertop near the sink. “Is there anything else you need right now?” he asked as he turned over a t-shirt with a band logo on it, laying cross over a floral summer dress. He would put his own needs aside until he knew she felt better. Until the only thing she needed was some rest, granted that he didn’t have anything that would further promote her healing—except... well except his blood, but that was something he’d only given in an emergency or as a last resort. And in all fairness, it wasn’t that effective when you compared it to other supernatural remedies.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyMan Jan 03, 2022 3:56 pm

No objections from his side, which was kind of surprising. If anything, as he led her to the bathroom, she couldn’t help but think back to what had almost seemed like relief rather than simple exhausted compliancy to her rejection and he would surely have been able to feel her eyes looking at him as they went down the hall. Only when it was time for her to sit down on the edge of the bathtub, did her gaze flow away from him again without having had any luck in fully making sure of what she had sensed. She didn’t dwell further in it after that, though. Especially not as she felt his fumbling by her lower back.

The porcelain of the bathtub had been cold by the first touch against her bare thighs but it had been a nice feeling, combatting the feverish heat that must’ve covered her body like a blanket. She positioned herself better, turned herself slightly more away from Michael at the same pace as he began lifting the shirt-dress higher and higher. “A restriction spell of sorts. There wasn’t much I could do to the demon itself so I thought restricting the body could give me a window. Give you a window somehow,” she answered casually, thinking he meant what she had done to stop the demon from ripping him apart and ultimately give him the chance to break free. She had already expected to have to undress entirely since she knew exactly where the sigil was placed; she had placed it there herself, after all - and even before the dress had been lifted all the way up to her neck, she had gently crossed her arms and reached around to grab it to eventually pull it over her head. Groaning only faintly to the pains of moving the inflamed shoulder around as much. The angel had seen her back once before like this so there really weren’t any harm in showing it again but still she made sure that she kept her front covered all the way through. Hugging the dress against her chest - and décolletage area. It didn’t matter that it got wet by water running the wrong way over her shoulder or around her sides.
Unsurprisingly, it stung as soon as the water ran over the deep cuts and the little witch involuntarily sucked in air and both arched her back one way and then the other as she got used to the sensation. Then it started to feel better. Her shoulders even sank as she took a well-deserved calming breath. She watched as reddish water gathered in the bottom of the tub and seeped by her feet into the drain. She watched it turn a lighter and lighter pink until the water ran clear. The would still bleed. It would for a bit but it was clean now; she could feel it oxygenating properly. Sensing the angel stepping away, having done his job, she turned her head over the shoulder to sneak a peek to what he was doing in the exact moment she was handed a towel which caught her enough of guard that she looked puzzled for a good second before accepting it and then watched him leave without her having a chance to verbally thank him. Again.
She sat there for a good while, still looking towards the door. Then down at the towel. Then she finally stood up. She was still very wobbly and she had to stat seated when swing her legs over onto the bathroom floor. She tossed the dress to the side and wrapped herself in the towel, careful not to do it too high or too tightly. Actually, it would definitely fall if she didn’t keep a hold of it at front where she had tugged the ends in. She was still plenty covered, though. She was a tiny bit hesitant to step in front of the bathroom mirror. The shower hadn’t been running for so long that it had fogged up so when she looked she had a clear view to the price of her strain. It was so strange. Much more so than she had imagined. Turning her head to look at herself in different angles it only became stranger. She didn’t even look at the smaller injuries or the dirt still on her face and body. Only the white hair. She looked like the big portrait of her grandmother that hang in her childhood home’s study. Just younger. Her brows furrowed in indecisiveness.

Knock knock.. Instinctively, Saga turned her head away from her reflection and to the door where a little later she was met with the returning archangel. The clothes he had been able to find were, at first glance, far from anything she would’ve chosen herself but after a short moment of scepticism, her expression instead softened to an amused little smile.
She shook her head to his question before looking at him. “No. I should be alright for now.” She repositioned herself to stand front to front with him, not yet giving any indication that she was going to get changed. More so she looked at him as if there was more she wanted to talk with him about. Or just say to him. However she had to fill her chest with collecting air before her lips parted again. “You asked me how I was feeling. And I didn’t exactly answer,” she pointed out. “… I do that.” The word sorry wasn’t anywhere near her tongue and yet this was probably the closest one would get to an apology. She wetted her lips. “I’m in quite a lot of pain. Not only the cuts. My skin feels like it’s burning up still. But besides physical..” If possibly her eyes looked closer into him and once again did the corners of her mouth pull into a sweet smile. “I’m fine. I might be wrong but it seems like your worry that what happened would affect me. Traumatize me.” Her head tilted slightly. “It won’t.” She slowly lowered her eyes over him. Scanning for possibly injuries which his clothes hid, only snitched on by the wet red patches. “Have you healed??”

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Tirs Jan 04, 2022 11:50 am, rettet 1 gang
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTirs Jan 04, 2022 3:38 am

A restricting spell was a clever move. Because she was right about the demon. Her options were limited. The demon had played that same game hundreds of times before. She’d learned how to shut a person inside their own mind or how to fight them if they tried to get out. She knew of all mind-related tactics, as it usually was the only thing that could stop her from doing as she pleased with the vessel. She’d had the upper hand all along. So that Saga managed a spell unrelated to that so soon was impressive. She had succeeded in cutting the demon’s torture short and for that he was grateful. He just wished it hadn’t come with that high of a cost to her.

He saw that she was standing on her own, taking it as a good sign of her wellbeing. He gave her a nod when she said she was alright. It was all he needed to hear. And after her latest request, he knew she wasn’t afraid to ask if she needed something. He had no reason to doubt her sincerity regarding that. He dropped his hand from the countertop where the clothes were, turning himself so he faced her. He watched her expectantly, searching her eyes for an answer to the way she looked at him. He raised a brow as she brought up his previous question, wanting to tell her that it didn’t matter. He would never blame someone for not speaking up about their feelings. After all, he rarely did himself. And he understood that she might not have been ready to talk about it. But he could tell that the moment might lead to her opening up about it, and he didn’t want to ruin that. His eyes filled with empathy as she revealed she was in a lot of pain. And although he knew this, it only made it that much more real to hear her say it aloud. Made the guilt just that much more unbearable. His eyes glanced to her mouth as it pulled into what he’d describe as a devastating smile, the kind that could bring most men to their knees, before they found hers again. She wasn’t wrong in her assumption about him. It was probably very apparent that he worried about her. About that. He had seen how similar experiences had affected his siblings and children. To the point where they couldn’t ever live a normal life again. Did he believe her? No. Not at that moment. But he still forced a faint smile as he looked at her, not wanting her to feel worse. And if she truly believed she was fine in that sense then things might not be as bad as they seemed. “It won’t stop me from worrying. But I’m happy to hear you feel that way.” How she could take the whole experience that way, he wouldn’t know. But it was remarkable. He then broke their eye contact, feeling awful for knowing that despite this, despite how much he’d grown to like their forming partnership, they couldn’t continue to see each other. He couldn’t risk dragging her into anything like this again.

His gaze returned to her as she asked him a question. “Yeah, I’ve healed.” He’d felt his healing come to an end as they were flying, and it stopped hurting him to have her body pressed against him. All that was left was mental exhaustion and a headache, but that usually happened when he overworked his powers. When he used them to that extent in a weakened state. But he never told his weaknesses to anyone, no matter how minor, so he couldn’t tell her that. And it really wasn’t that big of a deal. He turned away from her to face the sink as he pulled the shirt over his head, whatever was left of it, anyway. He slid a hand across his abdomen where the worst wound had been. Warm water trickled from his palm to wash away the blood in its movement. The hole she’d created was gone and so was any sign of it. He continued moving up his torso until he reached the blood by his shoulders, washing them off. He then lifted both hands to his face to cleanse it, running his fingers up to his hairline before he lowered them, slowly washing away any remnants of blood. “I’ll try to get some rest in the room next door.” He reached a hand to grab a towel for himself, drying his face and upper body. “You should do the same,” He gave her one last glance before he left the bathroom, entered the master’s bedroom, and closed the door behind him. He took off the rest of his dirty clothes before he put on the stranger’s black dress pants and white undershirt. Then laid himself down on top of the covers and stared at a ceiling fan. He rarely needed sleep. Hadn’t slept in weeks before this. But he felt so drained of his powers, of what he’d witnessed, that all he wanted was to close his eyes and forget it all. He fell fast asleep minutes later.

He awoke to the sound of footsteps against gravel, of someone threading carefully as if attempting to be stealthy. The next moment he was out of bed and through the door. He stepped quietly as he went outside, not wanting to alarm the person before he could confront them. He turned the corner of the house and there, in the darkness by one of the windows, stood a man. He didn’t give the man a chance to react to seeing him before he had him flat against the ground. His hands kept him strained in a painful hold while one of his knees dug into his stomach. And that’s when he saw his face and realization kicked in. “Mr. Rhyss?” He shifted between his eyes as if unsure that it indeed was him. It had been so long since he’d seen him in Paris. And he hadn’t expected him to find him like this. Wasn’t he supposed to be on the run from his family? Unless perhaps this was the farmhouse where he’d stayed while attending his business in Cuba. “I’m sorry. I thought you were someone else.” His gaze moved to where his hands kept him forcefully in place, prompting him to slowly let go of his grip. Although he didn’t trust him, he knew that he most likely wasn’t sent by the demons. So, he got up from his position, fully relieving him from his hold, and reached a hand down to help him stand again. “What are you doing here?
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTirs Jan 04, 2022 11:04 pm

Ah. He didn’t believe her. She could her it in his voice. In the way he formulated his words. But I’m happy to hear that you feel that way. It really wasn’t that complicated, but just how was she supposed to convey what she really meant to him? He already had a firm view of things. Was it due to how she had told a lie earlier? But even then, it hadn’t been a complete lie. She couldn’t fully understand what made it difficult for him to simply take her word for it. To her it was straight forward. And… why would she lie? Was he willing to hold unto the worry he felt for her? Was that it? She kept quiet after that. Not to let him believe what he wanted – although there was some of that involved – but she was also wrapped with a feeling of a losing battle if she was to continue. Saga Rhyss wasn’t one to jump head first into a losing battle, after all. And yet it lingered like many other micro-observations she had collected about Michael. Some of which were turning less and less into simple information gathering.
As the gentle relief of knowing that his extremely impressive natural healing ability hadn’t failed him yet, she gave him a befitting gentle nod before carefully stepping slightly to the side and made way for him. Of course it caught her a bit off guard, when he suddenly pulled of his shirt right then and there – there was a very good explanation and reasoning for it, but still; she hadn’t expected it. However, since he – on multiple accounts now – showed he didn’t mind the exposure, she didn’t make and effort in sneaking peeks at him. She didn’t stare or anything, but she did look him over. She remembered clearly where he had been hurt, so those places were the main areas, she checked. And as one could only await, not even a scratch or a red patch. Then he spoke and for some reason, she averted her eyes more to the side, holding the towel knot a little tighter. “I’ll take the couch,” she answered back, looking back just in time to meet with him glancing in her direction. It seemed the most obvious. She had already gotten blood on it and for what she remembered it was just as comfortable than a bed would be.

When she got out of the bathroom, turning off the lights and bringing the floral dress with her into the open space of the living room, Michael was already behind closed doors. The black kitten, he had been too empathetic to actually throw back outside, was tiptoeing out of the kitchen as she passed by and was quick to find her bare ankles to rub up against. She’d think it’ll have favoured the angel. It had been him who gave it food.
It followed her all the way back to the couch where she sat down with a sigh of relief. It was awfully silent in the house now. Empty, although she knew she wasn’t alone. More spacious than her home too. The silence and lonesomeness only worked to amplify just how tired she was. Both in body and mind. She still wasn’t much for putting on the dress – the wound hadn’t closed up and would only have the fabric stick to it. She glances around, not actually knowing which way the master bedroom was, but she could confirm that Michael wasn’t anywhere in line of sight. She wasn’t shy, but he seemed to be – another thing she didn’t understand – so best to let the towel fall when he wasn’t near. Only one more thing to do after that. With a hand held up and faint, nearly soundless words spoken a veil of something invisible spread and settle over the whole farm house. She didn’t need it as much – her presence wasn’t a strong one – but if they were to hope for uninterrupted rest, they needed this. A magical hide. People on the outside shouldn’t be able to sense any of them. Not even the cat nor the spiders in the corner. She had held on to enough magic – not for this but in case she’d needed to fend of demons – but there were no demons to fend of now so she couldn’t see why not make some precautions now that she was able to.

Saga was out almost as soon as her head hit the cushion. She had barely gotten the blanket properly up over her shoulder or tugged her legs up to where she felt the safest when sleeping, before she was out and on her way to a dreamless and restful sleep. Curled up facing the backrest to not lay on the wound. The kitten had taken the liberty of snuggling up as well. Having managed to jump onto the couch and curled up itself in the small space between her stomach and the couch, in the nook of her tugged up arms. The witch was peacefully and utterly unaware of the commotion outside later into the night.

Reuben couldn’t see much through the windows. It was dark inside, that was about it. And it looked very empty. But he knew it wasn’t. Even with his daughters nifty cloaking spell – smart girl. He had really tried not to make any noise; it just turned out that luck wasn’t on his side any more. Not his alertness either! While he did sense the angelic man rushing in on him, he only got to turn his head, before getting slammed down unto the ground with strength you’d expect from an ancient warrior of God.
It forced all air out of his lunges which automatically made him cough – the knee in the stomach didn’t help much, honestly - as he opened his eyes and look into the aggressive face of the arch angel. “Greetings to you too, alter Freund,“ he sputtered, attempting to bring out an apologetic smile. A bit cheeky perhaps. “One of those demons, I’m guessing?” Getting freed, the scruffy-looking, raven haired witch get up again with stiffened movements. There were a reason people warned you about messing with someone like Michael, that was for sure. Reuben should be happy that he had a sturdier build than humanoid species. He let out a silent “Arh” as he took to his sore back for a second. Reuben Rhyss was, by appearance, probably in his mid-forties. But besides that, and his male features, there was truth to those who said, him and his daughter looked alike. The same thick black hair that curled ever so slightly. The same ocean blue eyes. Same jawline and pale-rosy lips. In addiction Reuben had grown a beard. Usually, it was stubbly than it was now; grown full and gave him a few more years. He wasn’t dirty, per se, but he sure looked like a man who hadn’t been home for a long time. Clothing wise he had adapted to the Cuban weather. Loose button-up shirt and a pair of knee-length shorts.
“You tell me first; what the hell are you doing with my daughter, Michael? Here, of all places,” he blurted out as he had gotten back on his feet and pointed an arm toward the house – into the house, keeping his voice low but still getting some of the frustration through. “When did you two even get to know each other? She’s barely 350!..” Which meant an adult in multiple ways. But when was one’s little girl ever really old enough?
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 EmptyOns Jan 05, 2022 10:38 pm

He noticed her eyes on him in the mirror. He assumed she had wanted to confirm that he had fully healed. Because her glances were fleeting as opposed to the stares he sometimes was met with. The washing was quickly over, but as he expressed that he was going to rest, she looked away and he wondered if there had been something more she had wanted to say. The couch? His lips parted with the intention to protest but closed after he’d sucked in air. It wasn’t like there weren’t any other beds in the house, so if she preferred the couch, who was he to tell her otherwise. He tipped his head in acknowledgment before he hung the towel on a rack and left.

~

He still had a difficult time wrapping his head around the fact that Reuben Rhyss was here. Had he followed them? Had his curiosity got the better of him? Had he sensed his aura? Had he finally put an end to his hiding? “Yes. Demons.” He helped him back to his feet before he stepped back. Truthfully, it was more a case of suspecting him to be the witch who’d helped them with the magical restraints. And it was mostly a case of defensive instinct. Get the guy before he could get you. That and because he hadn’t wanted him to escape. He would have demanded answers to why he was here regardless of who he was. “You’ve not seen any near here, have you?” he asked as his gaze lifted to the horizon. His hand brushed his waistline where a knife usually was, then remembered he was without weapons. His eyes returned to the witch as he’d composed himself. The resemblance was astounding, to the point where he didn’t think Saga had taken much of her appearance after her mother. However, he also looked a bit disheveled. Not that he’d expect any less from a man who’d been away from home as long as he had.

He was quick to reverse the question, asking him what he was doing with his daughter in Cuba. And at that moment, Michael received confirmation that he knew she was here, and he wondered for how long he had known. He briefly glanced to the arm he'd pointed towards the house and had breached ghost-like through the wall. “Oh, so now you want to see her?” he asked, confused by his sudden interest in her life. “I’m helping her look for you. So, here of all places, just happened to be the right place.” He gestured a hand towards him. The evidence standing right in front of him. Like Reuben he kept his frustrated tone quiet, not wanting to awake Saga. And the only reason it came out frustrated was because of his accusatory tone. “The better question is why you’ve been avoiding her for all these years.” Surely, there was a reason for that. He didn’t know what to make of his action of coming here tonight, if not because he still checked on her from time to time. But it had to end. He wanted to tell him that she’d been waiting to see him since the day he left. That despite all the hurt she’d been through that very night, she still wanted to stay because of him. He deserved to know all of it. And yet it wasn’t his place to meddle or augment their dispute. Besides, he had yet to know his reason for being here. There was still a chance that he’d finally decided to see her.

When did you two even get to know each other? If I didn't know any better I’d say you sound worried about her.” He crossed his arms as he looked him directly in the eyes, knowing fatherly worry when he saw it. Besides, she was perfectly capable of making the decision to come here on her own. In fact, he’d wager she had always been mature for her age. Whether she was 50 or 350 didn't change that. And if he was worried because she mingled with him, he’d only be happy to know that it was going to end. “We met half a year ago in her shop,” he answered, letting him know that he hadn’t known his daughter for long. “This is the first time we’ve traveled together,” he added, thinking it might help soothe the worry he’d sensed.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 3 Empty

Godspeed [cw]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 3 af 4Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3, 4  Næste

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: IX-
Gå til: