Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Calling the hound

Go down 
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.
Antal indlæg : 332

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyFre Jul 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Forbeholdt til @Evan

Date: July 14th 2020
Time: kl. 03:43
Place: The third and upper floor of Filigree Cres. 13, a few streets from Oakheart's shopping square.
Weather: It's a warm night with a waning moon clear in the sky.

With magic it would be possible to achieve anything but it was also one of the world’s most sensitive matters to wield. The slightest angle of a swirl as well as the missing of a muted syllable in a chant could change the outcome. The more advance the magic was the more important it became to have every part correctly applied. Some might say that’s how the darker magics formed and got discovered. Because while there would always be consequences, prices to pay, there really wasn’t a wrong spell. Just a spell that wasn’t intended.

It was probably too late at night for anyone who was expected to be up early the next morning to still be up but this wasn’t a new occurrence for the little witch. Too often did Saga find herself spending the nights awake and busied by curiosity. Words of books or trials of experiences. Work for a customer. Or simply thoughtless sleeplessness. Unaware meditation. The moon and the night calmed her rather than it scared her.
She had placed herself on the floor of her bedroom, which took up the whole third floor of the narrow building, her back leaned slightly against her bed. A circle drawn in blood stretched over a good part of the wooden floor in front of her and a bandage visible about her hand gave a good hint to whose blood was used. Though, she seemed oddly unaffected as she sat there, legs crossed and eyes looking down in the old book that rested in her lap. Her ebony hair was sloppily tied back into a short ponytail in the back, leaving more than one random lock of black strands freed from the hair tie to frame her pale face instead. Her attire was as it had been out through the way. It was the same pair of denim short and the same red and white stripped T-shirt. She had however kicked both the sock and shoes earlier.

Without really looking up from the book, she began to stand up, how balancing the book in one of her hands. Careful not to step on and smudge any of the circle, she tiptoed into the middle where a copper bowl was placed as a centrepiece. She finally looked up from the pages as she seemingly pulled a large seed from the air and placed it in the bowl, submerging it in the clear water.
The soft chanting began, as she slowly stepped out of the circle again. She could feel the thumbing in the wound in her palm immediately as the she activated the magical channelling as if there was still a bond between her and the blood, she had drawn the circle with.

A sudden loud and almost ear piercing caw pulled Saga out of the chanting with a major shock and her eyes shot to the white crow wilding basking it wings at the slanted window as if trying to scare something – or someone – away. She moved her glance to the window but she saw nothing but the night. “Circ-!”
A sharp pain struck through the wound in her palm and made her wince and pulled her attention away from the scolding of her familiar. Hadn’t she done that then she would probably not have seen the beginning of dark smoke coming from the bowl in the middle of the circle as if the seed inside started to corrode like metal. Not before it started flowing over the edges of the bowl and creep further out like a blanket of thick dark grey clouds. She took a small step backwards as if not wanting to get too close to the smoke, frowned a black brow in both confusion and... concern. This was not part of the spell. And whatever it was, she doubted it would be anything good.

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Lør Jul 18, 2020 4:52 pm, rettet 1 gang
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyLør Jul 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Sometimes life was rather simple, and as the summer holidays had set in, Evan had spent as much time enjoying this newfound freedom as he could. Hanging out with friends, going on dates - not to mention the amount of alcohol he had been drinking. Things were great! Actually much better than it could've been, but the principal at the academy had made some great accommodations for the hell hound, more than were probably necessary. But it did make one thing for sure; He felt at home, and for someone like Evan that was a big deal. While the next term was slowly making itself move like a dark cloud in the horizon, he tried keeping himself in a positive headspace. It wasn't like he didn't like studying, he more so preferred the social aspect.
The night was still young, but Evan had found himself out for a midnight walk - and midnight soon moved to the later hours. It was hard getting a good nights sleep, so he liked exhausting himself to the fullest before heading to bed. He was in his real form, his red eyes glowing the way for him through one of the forests near the academy. The summer air was cooling against his fiery body, and getting to move his muscles always seemed to relax his animalistic side. He knew these strolls would prove more troublesome once the school year started, mostly because running in to other students could prove dangerous, and the last thing he wanted was to hurt someone unintentionally. He had stopped at a clearing, looking up at the waining moon, breathing out a big smoke cloud from the fire in his chest. That was when he heard the words. Silent at first, but getting louder and louder before he felt his body being dragged to the Abyssus. Darkness surrounded him before he felt another pull, growling as the transportation alone didn't do well for his body being so unprepared.
In the small bedroom grey smoke spread rapidly before the hell hound itself emerged, growling as it's red glowing eyes searched the smoke. Who had summoned him? And how were they even able to? That spell had been sought destroyed for centuries. Then his eyes fell on the small witch, and the hell hound yelled out a loud bark, shaking the room as if thunder was roaring within. Blowing smoke from his nostrils, his coarse black fur seemed to emanate a lot of heat in it of itself. "Who dares summon me?" it sounded in a darkened roar, demanding answers as he was furious. "I should tear you to pieces degrading me like that!" he snared, still in his giant hound form. He wouldn't show his human appearance before he was safe enough to change and before he knew more of this summoning witch.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyLør Jul 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Circe, the crow, was the first to notice the dark creature, which seemed not only to appear in it but rather take form from it. Beady and golden eyes catching a faint movement just before the hound took enough tangibility to stand out in the thick, grey haze and immediately it caws once again, this time a warning sound, a warning of a predator. Still in the air the crow then lost form itself, almost as if it dissolved into a swirl of pure white that got carried though the air towards the witch. It swirled controlled around her neck before yet again changing in but a moments time and, at white furred ferret sat both alert and pulled back on the shoulders of Saga.

Saga herself had just turned away from the spreading smoke as her familiars outcry had stolen her attention, as the loud bark claimed it back in less than a second. Her head whipped and her eyes followed, blue eyes meeting red in an instant. Clearly startled she stumbled a step back, though she did not cower. She had felt the roar quivering her bones and had she not had a proper grip on the book, she might as well have dropped in on right down on her feet. Not a favourable accident since it wasn’t the lightest of object.
Slowly she parted her lips to speak. Eyes still not looking away from the hound. “…My name is Saga Krauss. ” she answered. Not true. But not quite a lie either. She was somewhat aware of what this creature was. Her sensitivity had been quick to catch on to the emitting feel of it. The hellish factor. And she believed that giving a creature like that one’s name at first hand, wasn’t the smartest idea. But neither was lying. Demonic essences fed off of lies.
She dared take her eyes of the large canine to instead look down at the circle. A humble relief waved over her as she saw how the smoke curled upwards as it reached the edge and stopped like meeting a see-through wall. The blood seal was intact. But exactly how much would be able to hold trapped was unsure. The circle hadn’t been drawn to trap anyone, let alone a hell hound.

“Do you have a name yourself, hound? It would seem only fair to share it like I shared mine. Unless you’d want to be a name indebted to me.” Her gaze found the found again. Collected. Calm. She didn’t say anything about the mistake she had made. This wasn’t a game of Uno, where she could just throw out a Reverse card. Or at least not at that moment. She did not have the how-to’s yet.
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyLør Jul 18, 2020 7:36 pm

The hound snarled at the mention of her name, but for now he couldn't place if it was a lie or not. He wasn't stupid, nor was he blinded by his fiery appearance being terrifying to look at, but Evan often felt so naked being in his real form. It was as if someone saw him for all he was; The monster he battled every day. Gritting his jaw he walked around inside the circle, knowing he couldn't leave it. God, he hated this. "My name cannot be spoken ... The language long lost and forgotten," he snarled before speaking in a tongue that this Saga might not have understood. The language itself sounded more like a string of snarls and growls, every word summoned from the back of the hound's throat. "You may address me as hound or beast, it matters not," he growled.
Still pacing in circles he started to grow impatient. "What is your command!?" he yelled out in frustration and anger. She had to state an order before the circle would be opened up to him and he could go do her bidding like the stupid dog he was. Shaking a little, his fur moved shedding more smoke to surround the giant beast. his red eyes finding the witch once more, growling as it felt like this was already taking so long. "And where did you get that summoning spell? It has been banned for so many millennia," he asked, demanding answers as he felt like this was injustice in the purest of its forms. The red eyes fell upon the ferret on the shoulder of the witch, narrowing his eyes as he seemed to recall it being a bird a mere second ago. Who was this witch and how had she managed to get him in this room so easily?
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyLør Jul 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Long lost and forgotten.
The hound would be right. Saga did neither understand nor had ever head a language like that. It tickled in her ears, like some vibrations that matched the way the throat growled. It was so distinctively different from how the snares and the snarls had been to listen to. She could, in a way, understand how it would be described as a spoken language, one of humanoid tongue, rather than animalic sounds. She could not hide how it astounded her. Her eyes had widened and her moon pale face had opened up ever so slightly. But it only lasted so long as the hound spoke simple, understandable English. Its voice sounding oddly …young when you got rid of all the more inhumane features of it.

She looked down once again. This time her intense eyes fell on the opened pages of the book in her hand. “I have no commands,” she stated calmly – and honestly – like she wasn’t really concerned about the consequences it might bring. Or like she hadn’t been affected by the yelling. The demanding of the frightening creature. The ferret wasn’t has …brave. By the aggressive tone of the found, it was quick to scurry further behind her neck. Only to peep through on the opposite shoulder.
Silently she ran her eyes over the page with the spell. It wasn’t a familiar spell to her. Tonight’s use of it had just been a trial. And the spell was supposed to be more or less harmless. But still, he had a hell found in her room. An aggressive one at that. As when the smoke had first appeared, she frowned and lifted at finger, stroked the middle of the book and felt the rough edges of a torn page. It had been torn deep in the binding of the book that she hadn’t noticed.
Saga then suddenly stepped closer to the circle, stopped, having maybe a centimetre of space between her toes and the blood drawn edge. “My career is loosely grounded in owning relics like these. That I have this summoning spell in my possession shouldn’t much of a surprise. But I did not summon you on purpose.” The little witch then turned the book around and held it up for the hound to see. The two pages, that with closer inspection, and knowing what to look for, didn’t seem to match entirely. “I was in the process of blooming a Mother’s Bane. But a page is missing. How it worked even with the wrong ritual is me a mystery though.”

She carefully turned the book around again, and then finally closed it with a heavy thunk.
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 10:04 am

She had no commands? Then why did she summon him? That fact alone seemed to frustrate him even more, growling as he paced in a circle, looking at the blood on the floor. She would've had to known, right? It wasn't like she could just stumble on this spell by accident, no he refused to believe that. Evan was angry, and rightfully so, he had been summoned against his will and now she was refusing to give him an order so that he could escape the circle. Did she bring him here just to keep as a pet like that ferret on her shoulder? Did she expect him to be a good dog and bow down to his new master? If she thought as much she would be awfully wrong. This hell hound took orders from no-one, not even a powerful demon could claim anything to him. In this moment he was a wild animal, trapped against his will and she didn't even seem to care. What if the roles had been reversed, would she had felt that pain inside that kept reminding you that you once had been a tool of destruction?
The witch got closer, making Evan growl from the back of his throat, his fur fluffing up as he by instinct wanted to look even bigger than he already was to protect himself. She spoke, making his glowing eyes follow hers and look at the book in her hand. Not on purpose she said, making the hell hound expel a sound that sounded mostly like a scoff of disbelief. He however recognized the words, latin if he wasn't mistaken, but it had strange additions, like the sentence didn't make complete sense. Had the one writing them down known of the infernal language? It seemed much like a strange hybrid, but he decided not to read too much in to it. She closed the book, making him snarl a bit. "Tear out the page and destroy it," he commanded. He was not going to accept that she kept it, even if it was a part of her job. However witches often seemed to do as they pleased, at least that was what the stories said. Hell, even the current leader of Moonlight Falls was said to be as cruel as a demon and as beautiful as an angel. "Or order me to do it, then I can return home," he said. The only way for him to get out of the circle was either by her stating a command or breaking the seal on the ground. "I refuse to be some dog stuck in your home, release me!" he barked.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 7:52 pm

”I’d prefer to not risk getting torn apart. So, for now, try to look at the seal as a safety shield for me. Rather than something keeping you trapped.” The creature was clearly capable of rational though so surely the hound understood where she stood and that she didn’t have any evil intentions by not just being cooperative and in a sense, giving him what he wanted. But, of course, her not falling to her knees, apologizing in the exact instant, could very possibly give the wrong impression.
Though she did not let him out – or speak out a command which apparently would grant the same result, she did fumble with the book to balance it correctly once more before opening it back up. At a random page before it began to flip through itself, seemingly on its own, had it not been for the smallest of movement the witch did with her fingers. It didn’t take long for her to get back to the pages. The one missing page created sort of an anchor. Then, without a word or much hesitation she grabbed the remaining of the summoning page and just... ripped it out. Surprisingly cleanly. Not as neat as whoever had ripped the other page out, but neat enough.
The paper was thicker then what books usually were printed on now adays. The colour was faintly yellowed either by age or the many impurities that was found in papermaking back then. But the ink flow was of much better quality than trying to write in it on printer paper. She liked this kind of paper. Especially the feel of it.z

Saga tossed the rest of the book on the bed not too far from where she stood, gently of course! She might not have blinked an eye at the tearing of such an old and valuble relic but she still had some morals. “Before I let you out I’ll have to be certain you won’t claw my throat. I’m aware I can make it my command but I won’t. I have already told you that I have none. Therefore…” She held up the torn page, the counterfeit summening spell – or part of it – turned to the hounds glowing red eyes. They were like a small dot of red paint in a white room; captivating. “I believe me destroying this will be of great enough payment for such an agreement then.”

For a moment she looked at him, awaiting his response with a slightly raised eyebrow. But she didn’t wait for him to actually agree before she turned her head towards the upheld piece of parcement and a second later it.. deteriorated into large flakes of ash, that then floated upwards with a gravity way soter than that on Earth, before disappearing comletely. No fire had been ignited, yet there was a pleasant scent of burned paper. "However, I'm confused. Is the only way for you out of the circle to be given a command?" It was how she had heard it after all.
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Oh, so now she thought he was going to tear out her throat? Of course the thought had passed his mind a few times, but how did she dare thinking he wasn't considering other options? He huffed a bit, feeling like it was getting smaller inside the circle, but it was just him imagining things. It was a result of him not liking confined spaces, and this definitely counted as one. Evan was normally not the most trusting person, and being held here against his will sure as hell didn't help with his mood. What was it with witches that they always wanted to dig their fingers into things that was better left alone. The hell hound was young, that was for sure, but it was born in to him to know and feel his animalistic instincts, and he knew that this right now was robbing him of his freedom. He was not some sort of dog that everyone could just summon because they wanted to, he was a thinking mind, and being held in this circle only further aggravated him. Besides that, if she didn't have something she wanted, why was she not dismissing him or at least breaking this stupid circle so that he could run free?
She ripped out the page of the book, the sound hurting a bit in his sensitive ears, but he kept his gaze on the small witch. She had a way with words, that was for sure, but what good would words do in the end of it all. Evan needed action, he needed her to destroy what she had used to bring him here, and here she was waving it in front of him. Was she going to taunt him? Tell him how she was going to keep him and study him until she had fulfilled her sick needs? He had heard enough stories about witches to know that they couldn't always be trusted. Wielders of magic, and yet they were as unstable as the changing tides in the ocean. However it surprised him to see that she actually did end up destroying the page, the hound relaxing a bit more as his fur didn't puff up as much as before. Breathing out a heaving cloud of smoke, he sat down on his hind legs, his giant paws in front of him, still facing the witch. Her question made him breathe out in a small scoff, because now he knew she had been telling the truth about summoning him.
"I can leave the circle if the one that has created it breaks it, if you give me a command or if you dismiss me with a dismissal spell - however the last option is probably the one you are least likely to know," he said, his voice still echoing slightly giving the mysterious feeling to him. He laid down now, stretching as far as the circle allowed him to, but it wasn't much, considering his large size. "And most witches hate breaking a circle they've worked hard on creating," he added.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 10:57 pm

Saga wasn’t blind to how the hound changed demeanour as soon as the destruction of the page was over and done with. It even surprised her as he first sat down and then laid all the way down. Quite a jump from the huffed and puffed wolf-like creature, oozing with countless of unspoken warnings and aggressive high alert energy. The summoning must have had a strong effect on the hound. A worse effect than she would have imagined. “That might be correct. But it’s not the circle they …hate to break. It’s the bonding magic. Anyone can draw a circle. Not everyone can feed it the magic needed to work,” she openly told the hound, as she chose to mimic its posture by sitting back down on the floor as she had done just moment before the summoning had begun. Bare legs flexibly crossed so the knees touched the soft-polished wooden boards.

She pushed herself as close to the circle, as she could without disturbing its edges. The white ferret on her shoulders had calmed down a great deal as well, though it still didn’t take its golden eyes from the hound. Watching it. Keeping an eye on it. It wasn’t as trusting as its witch.
“Any witch who possessive such a skill wouldn’t be happy to break the binding prematurely, that’s for sure. In some cases, it’ll may even be a painful affair.” She hadn’t looked back at the hound since she had sat down. Her eyes followed along the drawn edge of the circle instead. Studying it with a sense of tranquillity in her facial expression as she did. Her head tilting ever so slightly to the side. And then she reached out. The invisible wall that kept the hellish canine from escaping and running rampant didn’t even exist on her side of the circle and her hand past over the edge like there truly wasn’t anything there. She didn’t reach in that far, just far enough to be on the other side of the outer red line, so it could probably be that she would meet resistance, did she try and reach further in. She laid har hand flat on top of the outer line. She had felt the magic bond the whole time but it was a much stronger feeling now she had the direct contact. A gentle breath existed her lungs, before she dragged her hand back, smearing the still surprisingly wet and fresh blood as she went. Smudging the line enough to break the connection and there by the circle and its hold.

The exact time the circle broke, she very discreetly sucked in a sharp motion as the wound in her other hand stung once more and the thumbing, which she had almost gotten so used to, that she hardly had noticed it while dealing with this creature of smoke, stopped afterwards. Leaving only the mundane pain of having cut the skin deep enough for it to bleed.
All the smoke that had been trapped with the hound on the inside of the seal spread like ocean waves and she felt the warmth of it as it curled round her legs.

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Søn Jul 19, 2020 11:20 pm, rettet 1 gang
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Her words made sense, but it seemed like the witch calmed down as he himself did, however he did not show any sign of submission. Even laying down he filled up the circle quite nicely, his eyes looking to the ferret as she sat down on the floor. He had a suspicion that it was some sort of familiar to her, but it didn't really explain how it could change form so suddenly. She reached her hand forward and through the circle, making the hell hound pull his snout away from the edge, growling lightly as he was afraid she was going to try and pet him like a dog. However as she seemed more fascinated by how he was being kept inside, he just kept at staring her down.
The real release came once she broke the bond, feeling his body less restricted by the magic as he got to his feet, stretching his long limbs. Pacing a bit, his red eyes looked around the room, but he knew he couldn't leave her home in this form - at least not without breaking anything. But could he trust that the witch would not recapture him if she saw what he was capable of doing? Even changing to his human form would be risky, and even then he would be naked. "Tell me something, witch," he said, his words echoing, his chest lighting up as well as his throat from the fire he carried within. "How did you come in to possession of that book?" he asked, his face turning, pointing with his snout at the book on her bed. He got a little closer to it, inhaling its scent, but alas it had changed hands so many times that he couldn't sense anyone before Saga. His red eyes turned, looking at the lone witch on the floor, walking closer but not trying to threaten her. "Can you provide me with human clothes?" he then suddenly asked, narrowing his eyes at the seemingly young woman. He didn't know if he could trust her yet, but his human form was safer to travel in than going through the Abyssus once more this evening.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 3:22 pm

It was a big risk to simply break the seal before actually hearing verbal agreement from the hound. Promising her that she wouldn’t fall victim to his monstrous fangs and powerful jaw. It talked and it was intelligent on par with any other individual, if not more than the average, but it was clear that, if given the chance, it would do some damage to a soft body like hers. And an immortal lifespan didn’t ensure survival from much more than old age.
But the hound did not attack. It did not jump her the first chance it got. It stayed so… civil, giving her a whole new impression of the furred creature. She followed it with her eyes, as it began to wander around. Staying on the floor herself. It was only when it turned the focus towards the book, that she twisted her body to look at it as well. “I never got a name. It was sent to me years ago and the only indication of its origin was the exporting country. It came from somewhere in Spain.” She turned away again, closing her eyes for at moment as she leaned her head from one side to the other, stretching her neck out. She wasn’t tired, but she could feel the length she had been awake and up and about. “Of course, whoever I got it from, was the original owner. Or author. The use of Latin doesn’t match what was used there.”

The next few words that sounded from the demonic beast, now free roaming in her room caught her a bit of guard. And even though she had already started to get on her feet she stopped for a split second to look at the hound with a certain shade of confusion running over her face by doing nothing more than creating a shallow wrinkle between her brows. But instead of following the thread of confusion and speak up about it, her she resumed her rise. As she did, she turned her head around the room, searching.
Being one whole floor of the building, her bedroom was quite large and it was more of just her private space rather than where she slept like a bedroom might be. Her bed, queen sized with a wooden frame, was pushed into one of he corners, a bedside table to accompany it. At the time the floor was cleared but the rug, that usually was spread out in more or less the middle of the room, was pushed away to the side. A desk was placed near the big slanted window with a big flat-topped chest beside it. Clearly being used as both storage as well as a stepping stone for when she felt like climbing out of the window and unto the roof. Not that there was any type of balcony available. Different kinds of potted plants were to be found almost everywhere. The whole feel of the place was that of casual warmth. A feel of a witch’s magic. No modern white on white. “I have plenty human clothes. But you are of a different size than me,” she said, ending her sentence as if it flowed into thoughts instead of speech.
She walked in the direction of a beautiful, simple wardrobe in the other end, opposite to the bed, where the top of a thin, metal spiral of a staircase down to the floor under them, also was. With a lift of the hand the door to the wardrobe opened, being ready for her browsing as she reached it. The ferret took this opportunity to jump from her shoulder and crawled to the top of the wardrobe. Not before long, she pulled out a pair of her own mom-jeans and a loose, zipped sweater someone had borrowed her and she hadn’t given back, not really sure what exactly was needed and turned her front to the hound. “Would something like this do? Maybe a dress would be easier to pull over all that fur.”
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 4:27 pm

To be fair the saying about the animal being just as scared as the person it was facing was rather applicable in this situation. Evan knew his size was intimidating, hell all of the ways of his appearance was in one way or another terrifying enough on its own. However he was not one to give in to his violent side, mostly because despite being here against his will, the witch had shown that her intentions had not been that of cruelty. She had seemed understanding, even if he had been hotheaded and angry - but who wouldn't be in the given situation he was in right now. However he was rather grateful for the fact that he could stand erect without having to scrunch down and feel like there wasn't room enough for him. The witch seemed confused as he asked for clothes, but for that he didn't blame her, but he was weighing his options carefully. He could go through the Abyssus, but the toll it could take on his body was unknown, and he wasn't planning on spending a few days hiding out while he healed. But changing in to his human form would require he had some clothes to get in to, not that he wasn't comfortable in the nude, but not comfortable enough to make a run for it down the street. Plus he wasn't sure where he was to be exact.
His beady red eyes followed the witch as she walked to the big wardrobe, his eyes briefly landing on the ferret, before returning to the small woman. She pulled out some different garments, but he didn't know for sure if he could fit them, even though the pants might be alright. Then she suggested a dress, making him growl softly, his tail moving in annoyance. "Throw it in the corner," he ordered. If she happened to do as he requested he would walk closer to the corner, but it was as if he could feel the witch watching him with curious eyes. God, why did she have to be curious too? Growling under his breath he snapped his head towards her. "Some privacy!?" he barked, hoping it would make her turn around. He had changed his form many times through his life, but doing it in front of someone else was nerve-wracking. He had hoped that she at least had given him some privacy as he started out slow; his features changing slowly, grunting softly as it wasn't a painless one. It took a few minutes, but he had managed to change completely. Stretching his muscles, the human standing there was rather tall, and if he reached upwards his hand would easily reach the ceiling.
Leaning down, and completely naked, he grabbed the clothes, his fingers still getting used to the sensation in his human form, but hopefully it wouldn't be long. He pulled on the pants, having to adjust himself a bit, but they at least fit around his hips so that he could close them. The shirt on the other hand was another matter. It fit - well sort of. It was stopping short at his lower abdomen, leaving a bit of bare skin between the pants and end of the shirt. "You can look now," he said, the voice much more warm and charming than the beast had been.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 7:31 pm

Of course, she was curious! She had always been curious. About almost everything. And she wasn’t one to fear the act of being it so openly. She rarely got embarrassed by getting caught staring – or ‘looking’ as it usually felt like from her point of view.
So as the hound requested the clothes thrown into the corner, as strange as it would seem, she did so. And as it must have expected, probably having gotten somewhat of an idea of what kind of person she was some their short interactions, she kept looking in his directions, wanting to know what would happen, until it japed at her. In no more than a tenth of a second, one could think he hadn’t quite understood the term for wanting privacy but it smoothed out as quickly as it had appeared and she then abided with the wish of the great big canine. “Yes, of course.” She first looked down, humbly, and then quietly turned away, turning her back to the corner. But as her ears caught the small sounds, coming from the corner, she discreetly turned to look around her shoulder in secret. Not for long! She was fast to turn away again. She did, however, get a small glimpse of the retracting fur and morphing of the overall shape. She didn’t betray the trust by looking again after that. Not before she was granted permission.

Saga already expected what she would meet as she turned around, but the voice that spoke didn’t register in her as anyone she already knew. And neither did the tall figure. One could say, that she simply hadn’t expected the hound to take such a form. “You…” She didn’t stutter, she looked for the right words. She looked him up and down, being quite nonchalant about it, before having her eyes meet his at the end. “You can take human form as well. Interesting. For is it the other way around? Human to hound?” she asked, as her head once again tilted slightly to the side, crossing her arms over her torso in a relaxing pose.
A hint of a little smile peaked through in the corners of her mouth. “I would have thought you’d look… I don’t know. Different. Scruffier. Broader.” The little witch suddenly stepped closer, not imitated by his new height. She just had to bend her head a bit more back to keep eye contact. “Even your eyes are not of the same colour.” It reminded her of a glamour but she kept herself from testing the theory. He had already showed clear rejecting behaviour toward her potential touch.

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Man Jul 20, 2020 7:52 pm, rettet 1 gang
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Evan felt a little self-conscious, mostly because he hated showing what he actually was. He was a beast, a monster without reason and he just felt like it was his weakest point. Not that he despised himself, he just hated that it had to be a part of him; Forever judged by his heritage as it were. The witch looked at him, his ice blue eyes staring back at her as if it was the first time he saw her. It was hard to describe how his vision changed in his different forms, but he felt like he could see her humanity better - if that even made sense. She spoke and he threw his arms out to the side so she could get a better look at him ... The freaks how. Rolling his eyes at her comment he shrugged nonchalantly, thinking of a way to retaliate. "I'm bigger in other ways," he said, a charming and flirty grin on his face. C'mon, how could you not react to such an easy and open change for a joke. Even if the witch would turn out to be devoid of humor, he at least had a bit of fun, perhaps trying to distract away from how uncomfortable he felt with her knowing what he was.
However one thing was for sure, he noticed how her hands almost twitched, like she wanted to reach out and touch him. Perhaps she wanted to see if he was real or if this was just some elaborate spell? Evan sighed, reaching his hand down, keeping an eye closely on the witch, taking her wrist if she allowed him to. His touch was warm, almost like a live flame within reach, and though his hands had a roughness to them, his palm was soft. He guided it to his face, as he saw no harm in her actually checking whatever she wanted to. "Go on ... Use your witchery," he said, strangely calm and collected, and very different from the hound that had just been present. Breathing out he let go of her wrist, letting her do what she wanted and looking at her still. "I'm a hell hound, if you weren't aware already ... But I've learned to take human form; Something I've known for as long as I can remember," he explained, hopefully filling in some of the gaps for her.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Saga would have been lying, if she said the sly comment hadn’t come as a surprise to her. Especially after the personality traits the hound had shown her beforehand. But it wasn’t enough to hold her own tongue as she calmly sent the comment back at him like a game of tennis. “Your temper is indeed on the larger side of thing.” If her words had been a follow-up to his own joke, then it wasn’t clear. Neither was it clear if she had been completely serious. The spark in her eyes could easily be a play of the mind. And before it would be confirmed properly, he forced her to look away, as he, seemingly out of nowhere, grabbed her arm. “Wha-..?”

This time there was absolutely no doubt about how this caught her off guard. She expressions were not the most… expressive but they were still very much there. Her eyes widened and she didn’t have time to react, to pull out of his grip, before he guided her hand towards his face, making her have to stand up on her toes so be in a more comfortable position. A loud hiss came from the top of the wardrobe as a result to the hound’s actions, though the witch herself didn’t give of an impression that she minded. At least she didn’t immediately try to pull away. Or just straight up slapped him. She only settled with giving the tall, young-looking male a moderately dissatisfied glance. Use your witchery…
“So this is not anything like a glamour? A transformation,” she said questioningly as she took him up on his offer. As soon as he had let go of her, she lifted her other hand up to hold one side of his face while she other held the other. She gently turned his head, first to one side, and then to the other. Now looking more analysing at him, rather than directly. He felt very real. Warmth. She couldn’t quite place if it was a cosy warmth or more the lines of an alluring warmth.

Finally she let go of him and got down on flat feet again, looking more content now, the dissatisfaction completely gone from her face. “You must be old then. Old enough to start forgetting what’s not too important. Old enough to know a long-forgotten language. Unless, of course, it is still taught to the offsprings. As you might have guessed; I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting one of your kind before.”
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Evan let her turn his head as much as she wanted, frowning a little as he didn't really know what she was looking for. However as always it wasn't just his hands that were warm, it was his entire body, generating heat as if there was no tomorrow. He had heard the ferret, but his face was pretty much restricted right now as the small witch twisted his head every which way but loose to inspect him. As she finally let go she seemed satisfied, even more comfortable it seemed. That was a relief in a way, mostly because Evan always feared being looked at like he was some kind of monster. Well, to be fair he was a monster, but not in every meaning of the word. He still thought he had some humanity in him, something that he was fighting hard to keep intact. He looked up to the top of the wardrobe, spotting the ferret with ease because of its white fur. Looking at it now it looked less like a snack and more like something he wanted to try and pet, but perhaps that was something that wasn't allowed - he didn't know if there was any rule for witches and their pets.
Her words took him aback a bit. She could really just read him like a book, huh? "Well, if I'm honest I'm not completely sure how old I am, I mean I spent a good amount of years solely in my real form," he said, shrugging as it didn't matter that much to him. "The language is passed down through generations, that's how I could know you summoned me and not just had place a spell on me," he explained, but he actually didn't know if it made much sense. Scratching his neck a little, he felt a little confused as to how she was able to get all of this information out of him so easily. Perhaps because she had shown herself acting in good faith? He wasn't completely sure, and honestly speaking he was still keeping his guard up. Witch or not, people weren't to be trusted with all of his secrets. "And by pleasure, I guess you don't know that my kind symbolize death?" he asked in a small chuckle, taking a step back so the witch didn't have to bend her neck so much to look at him. He felt the wall against his back, leaning against it as he thought about his next words. Looking around the room it was fairly cozy, not that Evan knew much about interior design, but he knew enough to know that this was certainly her bedroom. "You know ... In this form people just call me Evan," he said, not knowing if it was relevant to her or not. It was a fact that she couldn't say nor understand his infernal name, so perhaps one that was in the common tongue of English would help her a bit more.
"Is there ... Anything you'd like to know, or ... Am I like allowed to leave?" he asked, feeling like he didn't really know his spot as he was now in his human form. He could easily sneak out on the street and be on his way home - well unless she had a pair of parents keeping guard that no guys snuck in to her room, and that would be awkward to explain.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyTirs Jul 21, 2020 3:53 am

”Evan,” she repeated to herself, tasting the name, feeling it on her tongue. It was such an extremely human name in contrast to how otherworldly his true name was. Evan. Short and mundane. “A name better suited than having to call you Beast, I’d say.” It was deliberate that she didn’t had ‘hound’ as well, yet it was more of a description, a word for what he was, as he himself had made it clear not long ago, rather than an actual name she’d feel like using now he had given her a much preferable option. But it would’ve been a lie to include it. Saga turned her head a few degrees, throwing an allusive glance towards the white furred animal on the wardrobe before presenting: “That’s Circe. They are, for the most parts, harmless.” Though not that fond of strangers.
It hadn’t gone unnoticed how he from time to time had his attention towards the ferret. If not because the ferret itself had made it difficult to ignore it. Hissing and running around. But her observational skills didn’t just catch on to a person’s wording, the small changed in expression told a story too.

The soft smile, that had been hinted in moments before, now found its way back unto her lips, a little more prominent this time around. The little witch then took a few steps backwards away from him, before she turned around, walking front forward in the direction of the bed, giving him space, if that was what he needed. On the floor, the blood the circle had been drawn in appeared much more dried out now. When the circle had been unbroken and active the blood at stayed fresh in a way but now it had darkened in colour and there was no risk of smudging or dragging it round as she stepped over it.
“You’ve been allowed to leave anytime to wanted. Interesting as you might be, I’m not one to keep you captive,” she cleared up for him, as she gather her hands in front of him and stretching her armed out in a circular swing up and back, stretching out her body, arching the back, as the arm moved over her head. A faint groan of exhaustion could be heard from her throat, following a breath of relief as she released. She was feeling the extent of the spell. The use of magic.

As Saga reached to bed and collected the book back up in the arms, sounds coming from the wardrobe indicated the suddenly scurrying of the small creature atop of it, as it jumped back down from it. But again, rather than it landing with a thunk on the floor, it lost its original form, swirling white again, and then morphing into flapping wings of a white crow. Hovering the rest of the way unto the ebony haired witch’s shoulder. She turned to Evan again, so used to having the familiar around that she barely noted the changing anymore. “Let me see you out. There’s always the option to go out through the window but perhaps the front door would be to prefer over the jump from the third floor.”
She didn’t even ask if he actually wanted to leave. The way he had asked had already given her an idea that he didn’t care much to stay longer than he had to. A shame.
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyTirs Jul 21, 2020 1:50 pm

For the most part harmless. The sentence alone made Evan crack a smile as he looked at the small critter. What could a ferret possibly do in a situation where it needed to be dangerous? Maybe he just weren't all that aware of how witch familiars worked, but he nodded at her statement nonetheless. The small witch had moved away, giving him some room to breathe, but he still felt like he was being kept an eye on. Maybe it was just his paranoia, but he was both wanting to leave and also stay, perhaps convince her that she shouldn't be telling anyone about him. For the first time he had a good thing going; He had friends and even saw a girl he was beginning to like. Just the thought of everything ruining because of who he was would be devastating for him. She spoke about the fact that he could leave at any time, but that hadn't really been the truth. Had she not been the one to keep him in that circle for more than was necessary? He hadn't come here willingly, so what made her believe that he thought he could leave at free will?
She looked tired, more tired than she had a few minutes ago, but then again his knowledge was limited. He of course knew of some of the races like the fact that merfolk and sirens had different forms and that vampires drank blood. But magic? He knew jack shit about that. She suggested showing him the way out, but he hesitated, looking down with a frown. "Wait," he said, holding out an arm to block her from moving past him. He looked down at her, his blue eyes almost desperate, but he was trying to stay strong. "You're not going to tell anyone about me, alright?" he said, but instead of a demand it came out more as a nervous question. He knew what it would mean if he got revealed, he would lose everything he had fought so hard on getting. "Please ... I might be a monster, but I'm trying not to be," he said. Could she not understand? Had she not lived with prejudice because of her being a witch, or was he just desperate at this point?
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyFre Jul 24, 2020 7:29 pm

The witch halted. Her eyes looking quite surprised at the arm, held up almost right in front of her eyes. She blinked at few times in astonishment, mostly over the overall action he had taken, before she turned her head to look up at him instead. She caught on to the desperation in an instant. Not only in his words or his voice, but also in his eyes. Even the way certain muscles in his face tensed up. Her lips were ever so slightly split apart in a relaxed manner before her tongue moved the sounds of her vocal cord into understandable words. “I won’t.” she said, calmly. Waiting just a moment before she spoke again to better explain her reply. “I won’t be telling anyone about you. Or what you are - monster or not. I can understand how you’d want it to be kept a secret. We all have secret after all.”

She held her gaze at his eyes for just a little while longer to try and convince him further that she didn’t just give him empty promises. Eye contact had never been a problem for her. She had never really felt that discomfort so many had told her about. She then sighed softly, only letting out a very faint sound, as she looked away from him again. Still standing a couple of inches from his upheld arm, not having backed away, she simple stepped forwards at the same time, as she lifted the arm op to let her under it and by that; onwards to the stairs. The crow glaring at the hound, as she pasted him. Impressively enough, it hadn’t reacted to the sudden blockage when it happened.
Just as she reached to top of the stairs, she stopped again, to turn her whole body to Evan. “Let me try and make up for this whole ordeal. Before you leave, would you mind having a cup of something with me? I sense that you might have some thought about me as well, and I would like to clear some of that up, if I can.” As she talked, she leaned her hip up again the railing of the stairs and once more, her eyes didn’t sway from looking directly at him. They didn’t look vaguely to the side or moved that much around.
She embraced the book tighter into her chest, made sure she had a proper grip around it to not accidently drop it on the floor - or worse: down the stairs.
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 26, 2020 12:35 pm

A rush of relief wen through his body as the witch promised that the secret would remain between the two. Evan was not one who wanted to have the whole world know what or who he was, so the fact that the witch promised silence was the best thing he had heard all night. While it might turn out that she would later use it as a leverage over him, only time would tell, but for now the hell hound felt relieved. She moved under his arm, making him retract his limb as he had barely thought about it up until now.
He stood still for a while, hearing her steps over the wooden floor before they stopped. He turned, wanting to follow before he saw her looking at him with a pondering gaze. Then she suggested a beverage? He narrowed his eyes, before he cracked a small smile, nodding in agreement. "That would be nice ... But I would prefer something stronger," he said, walking closer to her, but trying not to seem intimidating. He was awfully aware of his size compared to hers, but still the witch didn't seem afraid. "Lead the way," he said, following her as she showed the way to what he presumed to be her kitchen.
Evan looked around, wondering if all witch kitchen looked like this, or if it was simply the taste of the small witch. The scent of herbs hanging from the ceiling as well as some scattered pages on the counters showed clearly that she brewed as well as cast spells. "Do you ... Have a lot of late night visitors like this?" he asked, a little confused at how calm she took it. But perhaps summoning all sorts of strange creatures was some hobby of hers? He couldn't be sure, he was in the home of a witch anyways.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 26, 2020 1:52 pm

His acceptance made her smile one of her poised smiles again. Even though she understood perfectly if he’d want to get out of there as fast as he possibly could, she had hoped her offer wouldn’t be denied. She had, after all, not asked him for nothing. That would just be silly. So she lead the way, as he requested.

The second floor was much like the third floor in the sense, that it was mostly one big room. The only exception was the presence of a door, leading to the bathroom, which also cut the living area a bit smaller than the bedroom. But, still, it didn’t seem crapped. In the side, that they landed after climbing down the stairs, were a soft couch placed up against the wall, decked with blankets and pillows for good comfort when slouching. A TV in front of it that at the same time worked was a room divider between the living room part of the floor and the kitchen and dining section.
The kitchen was as normal as it got. Following the broader wall with counterspace, sink and a gas stove with an oven under it. A sizeable fridge in the farthest end, pushed into perfect placement between the kitchen counter and a slight corner of the wall, were another stair – this one made more of less into the rather than spiralling like the other one. The kitchen had the necessary stuff, but it was clear that it wasn’t really a part of her home, that she used much. At least not for any advance cooking. But it was clean. Only a few washed dishes still hang around on the drying rack.
A fitting dining table with four chairs around it was found almost in the middle of the floor, in the kitchen area.

Saga was on her way towards the kitchen counter, when Evan’s wonderings filled in the silence, and she stopped to turn to him. “Late night?” just for a moment, before her eyes wanderes further around, looking for a clock and eventually looking out one of the windows. “Ah! It has gotten quite late, hasn’t it.” She looked back at the hound. “I’m not entirely sure. It happens. It depends on if whether or not I accept customers at his hour. But even then…” She didn’t finish the sentence. She left I hanging in the air, probably for him to think of an ending himself.
Before she resumed to the counter, she nodded to the table inviting him to sit. “I must have woken you up, summoning you this late. Or perhaps your kind don’t actually need such things as sleep?” He did seem awake and aware but that could easily just be from being alert on the danger, she could be to him. She had to stand up on tiptoe to reach a tin of coffee from one of the cupboard and then proceeded with spooning it in a coffee machine. And after the water had been added and the machine was started, not long after that the room filled with the delightful caffeinated scent. He had asked for ‘something stronger’. But she had no alcohol in the house so the strongest would be strong coffee. Either that or poison..

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Søn Jul 26, 2020 8:21 pm, rettet 1 gang
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Evan chuckled as it dawned on him that the witch had barely noticed what time it was. Perhaps she had been so deep in her craft that she had barely felt time pass. The hell hound listened as she explained that she only had people over this late if it was customers. He frowned a little at that statement, but he guessed everyone had some sort of work they did. He himself was just waiting tables when he wasn't studying and it was pretty neat - only annoying thing was that he had to cover up his tattoos that weren't hidden by his uniform. However it did make him curious what her work revolved around. He rarely went shopping and he was the guy walking down the street that always had a place to be. "So, what do you work with - I mean, customers gotta come from something, right?" he asked.
He nodded as she gestured for him to sit down, feeling a little awkward as the clothes he had borrowed didn't sit too well against his body. However it was all he had, so he wasn't going to start complaining any time soon. She started brewing the coffee, and he just sat there, looking around at the rather neat kitchen. Her question made him shrug, because how could he truly explain it? "Well, I do sleep, but I feel most awake at night, even if I've been awake all day," he explained. Perhaps it was insomnia or maybe it was restlessness. "I was out for a late night run - you know it's always easier to sleep once you've burned all the energy or whatever they say - and that was kinda where you caught me off guard," he explained scratching his neck a little awkwardly. Was it really awkward or did he just feel out of place? The witch was clearly more relaxed, but on the other hadn't she also had the advantage of this being her home.
Once the coffee was through the machine he took a deep breath, taking the cup of black bean water if she passed it to him, taking a sip right after. That was an advantage of being a hell hound - things couldn't really burn his throat. "I guess this is a first for both of us then," he chuckled, shrugging lightly as he looked at the small witch. He didn't know why, but he was relaxing more. Maybe because he realized that despite her bringing him here, she hadn't been too keen on it either. "So ... This is a little awkward, or am I the only one feeling that vibe?" he chuckled.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptySøn Jul 26, 2020 9:16 pm

For some, it might be a strange visual seeing those two sitting across from each other. One so different and in a whole over part of the scale than the other. While she was so reserved, yet self-assured, he was expressive and seemingly open to the world around him. He felt the awkwardness that she didn’t.
With a slight of hand, another cupboard opened to reveal a small collection of cups. All different. Different designs, different colours, different sized. And again tiptoeing, she grabbed two of the ones in the front for the steaming coffee to be poured in. Then holding the cup at the top, where it was cool for her sensitive fingers to grab, one cup in each hand, she turned and joined Evan at the table. She huffed a laugh. “I rarely put much thought into things being awkward, so I believe you’re on your own on that one. But don’t worry, I’m not deliberately trying to make you feel awkward.”

Obviously being the most relaxed and comfortable one of the two, she sat leaned back in her chair. She even pulled up a leg up to her chest while sitting. Both her hands were wrapped around her down cup to feel the warmth of it in her palms. Two fingers in the lopped handled for support since her grip was so gentle. But when she took a sip – careful herself not to burn her tongue – she let go with one hand only for the cup to fall back into it afterwards.
“I’m not selling my body for the pleasures of others, if that thought crossed your mind,” she finally replied. That place was usually where minds wandered, when she talked about nightly work hours. “I make my living dealing magic. Different kinds of spells and hexes. Attachments. And occasionally I’d dabble in the trading of magical items. I have customers that don’t come out after dark, so it’s not uncommon for me to hold the shop open into the night. I don’t mind it. Like yourself; I enjoy the nights. Maybe a bit more than the daytime.” The finishing words got added with a discreet shrug on the shoulders, which the white crow must have taken as a clue to jump off and perch itself on the empty chair next to her. This way it could still keep a breaded eye on the canine.

Saga’s eyes dropped from the hounds intriguing face and eyes and down over the clothes. She would have been far greater at picking something out for him, had she had something to go out of. His figure was, after all, so far from the smoke-furred creature. “Is the outit making you feel awkward?”
Gæst
Gæst

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyTirs Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Alrighty then, she didn't feel awkward and that only seemed to make him feel more awkward. Perhaps it was just because he felt out of place. This wasn't his home, it was a home of a practical stranger with which he was now actively drinking a coffee with. It was almost five in the morning, and here he was, sitting in a witch's kitchen like it was what he always did. Why did he feel freaked out and yet awfully calm? Maybe she had put something calming in his coffee? But then again, if she was a witch why not just knock him out with a magic spell if she really wanted to hurt him?
Safe to say the hell hound was feeling like he was peeling at the seams, and yet holding it together with his cool attitude. She went on to explain that she wasn't a prostitute, and it almost made him choke on his coffee, spitting some out as he started to cough as she continued to explain. Had he insinuated that? Fuck, he felt like cold sweat was starting to settle on his back, and this clothes wasn't even his own! He took a second to gather himself, as he nodded while she explained of her dealing in magic. Made sense when he thought about it. She was a witch, she dealt with magic - fair game.
Her next question followed his own and as she mentioned the clothes he looked down himself, chuckling a bit. "I mean, I'm not uncomfortable with my body or nothing," he said, shrugging as he felt like he was perhaps getting more defensive than he should. Breathing out he shook his head taking another sip of his coffee. "I guess ... It's kinda weird being strangers and talking this casual, right?" he asked. Perhaps he had been hanging around people at the academy too much - the teenage hormones affecting him in a sense. "I mean, not that I don't like you, I mean ... Fuck ... I know I sounded like I wanted to rip your head off earlier, and I just wanna apologize for that," he said a little flustered. This was bad, this was bad. He sounded like a broken record. "What I mean to say is that you are taking this so calm that you make me think you might want to hurt me some time," he said in a more calm voice, looking at her with furrowed brows.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound EmptyTirs Jul 28, 2020 3:01 pm

How much his words baffled the little witch was suddenly not so subtle. Not only did it show in her eyes but her whole face revealed how it had taken her back. She even seemed to perk up. Her cup had been on its way up to her lips for another sip, but she had stopped the motion halfway. She wasn’t sure what she should have expected. This wasn’t the first time it had been pointed out to her, and looking back, sure, she could see the patterns. But still, she never thought much of it until someone spoke up. It was as normal a thing for her as walking or speaking – or flicking a wrist for a spell. It was such an integrated part of her, that she barely noticed, though she noticed so much else.
The astonishment calmed down and let her lower both her eyes and her coffee mug back on the table. She pressed her lips together before the corners of her mouth stretched to a smile followed by a chuckle. Not just a huff this time. “It’s strange, isn’t it? Weird even. Some say, it’s confidence in my own abilities and therefore I’m not afraid of a potential outcome. I mean, why should I be worried that you’d harm me? So far you haven’t. You even apologized for the threat.” Her finder glided over the mugs edges, gentle and light like feathers. Feeling the porcelain, still cool to the touch where the warm drink hadn’t warmed it up. She looked back up at him with a whip of the head to try and remove a lock of loose hair from her face.

“Tell me this; What do you know of witches?” Maybe his caution only stemmed from being summoned by her only. How she had held him in the circle, not thinking further as to why she had. But the possibility of it taking another set of roots was still there. Her kind didn’t carry the best of myths or rumours. But wouldn’t that make him a user of the same level of prejudge that he passively had accused her off? “Do you believe that I’m actually capable of hurting you? That I have reasons to? I can’t deny that I’m fascinated by you. That it hadn’t crossed my mind what properties your fur would have. You’re new to me.”

She realized that she probably didn’t make the situation that much better by explaining and took a deep breath. “With that said, I don’t own a head trimmer so you’ve got nothing to worry about,” she sigh as an attempt to defuse some of the tension that her honestly and logic easily could have caused.
Sponsoreret inhold

Calling the hound Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Calling the hound   Calling the hound Empty

Calling the hound
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» I'm calling out an SOS
» ~ Calling Me Back ~ |CW|