Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

It took me by surprise

Go down 
3 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Elenora

Elenora

Humør : From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew I’d found my reason to live.
Fag : .
Antal indlæg : 274

It took me by surprise Empty
IndlægEmne: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyFre Jun 03, 2022 6:12 am

Location | The bunker
Date | 3rd of June 2022
Time | Midday
Attire | Link
Topic for | @Michael x

Now it had been a good while since she actually had spoken to her biological father, not that she had thought much into it. Elenora had been fairly busy if you asked her, especially since April that seemed to have been the very foundation of change in her life really. Not that she hadn't always been very confidant and capable when it came to her own abilities, but to suddenly have to acknowledge what she had become, understand that she wasn't really human anymore. It was like a huge burden had been lifted from her chest, as she had used so much of her mind to figure out how she could stay with Archie forever now that he had come back an angel. But like she had heard Azrael say before: God never did anything without there to be a meaning with it. Still, she wished that her uncle would stop being so mysterious and grumpy about everything.

Elenora had made it to the bunker, it had been what over a year by now since she actually had been here. Funny how fast time went, she couldn't quite believe it. Now she was standing in library area - as she would call it given all the grand books that were placed all around. And she would have been more careful with the goods, if it wasn't for the many hours she already had spent here trying to find something. Just anything really. Opening an older book and just shaking her head, nothing, in slight frustration she threw it over her shoulder, in the same second as the powerful aura turning around. Maybe she had been so hyper focused to not notice till now? She couldn't tell, but she turned around. About to apologize on the matter of throwing the ancient book, as she looked around realizing all the books were around her as she had been doing a major reading, taking notes on looking for something specific. "I haven't seen you in a while," was the only words leaving her mouth however, not that she judged, maybe a bit, but it wasn't like she had done anything to contact him either. Even if she should've a few month ago when all this happened.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyTirs Jun 07, 2022 7:38 pm

Michael had just returned to the bunker from a meeting in Heaven when he heard shuffling in the library. Sensing a strong aura of positivity and light, he first thought it was another angel. It gave the most sense since his family was the only ones who had access to the place. But once he stepped closer, he realized that there was something off about it. Like it missed its holiness.
He stopped in the doorway to the library, arriving just in time to witness a book being thrown over Elenora’s shoulder. “Careful—” was all he uttered before he sent a flow of wind towards her, stopping the book mid-air and flying it into his hand. “—with those,” he ended and glanced to the cover of the book in his hand; a Persian, leather-bound book on religion. He walked closer to her and placed the book on a wooden table. His eyes met hers when she said she hadn’t seen him in a while, sounding like she blamed him for it. And she had every right to. Their relationship was a complicated one. It wasn’t like he hadn’t tried to reach out to her in the beginning but being absent for her whole life made any father-daughter bonding challenging. Especially when you considered what he did for a living. Spending time with the family had never come before his job. But it didn’t mean he cared any less about her. That he wouldn’t abandon most things in a heartbeat if she needed him to. “How have you been?” he asked as he neared the end of the table, sensing that her yang energy felt much stronger than the last time they’d met. That she didn’t even feel human but rather a powerful being altogether. “Your aura has gotten much stronger since we last saw each other.” He assumed it stemmed from her ability fully manifesting, making her become someone who resembled the one side of a balance, whereas her brother resembled the other. But he hadn’t seen Ethan for a few months, so he didn’t know if it was the same for him.

His gaze then lowered to the scattered books around her. None of them were toys to throw around with. Most of them were rare editions that he only had because he’d lived through the time they were written. And chances were that some of them were the last existing example. But at the same time, he recognized her frustration from spending hours on finding information and it leading nowhere. “What are you searching for?
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyTirs Jun 07, 2022 8:07 pm

Elenora exhaled a little as he asked how she had been, well if you sorted the family dramas aside - she had been doing pretty well actually. She wasn't a hollow shell of an angry huntress just wanting pure revenge. Odd, how she just a year ago had thought she was done, that there was nothing left to fight for, and here she was, not willing to give up any fight to keep the brightness and love she had in her life now. "It's going rather well If I say so myself," she still had the year, months without Archie as he worst possible time of her life. Maybe because of the monster she had let out, the version of herself she couldn't apologize for. A beast she knew was sleeping within her. "It has hasn't it, well there is a reason for that, Ethan and I fully manifested our abilities, at least that was what Azrael said," she took a sharper breath in and licked her lips a little bit, nodding shortly. "So, I'm thriving - most be the season," she shook her head a little bit then looking shortly down at the mess she had made around her.

About to apologize, she looked back up at him when he asked what she was searching for. "Now, I've been raised with handling abilities who are hard to control and navigate in, making these easy to accept and follow a flow around - I'm afraid its not the same with Ethan, especially not with how dark last winter was," she took a sharper breath in. Ethan had completely lost himself at that time, and she hated reminding herself of it  - well she had been lost herself. "But even so, I'm just looking for something that can explain it better than Azrael did. Has he ever not been a grumpy cat?" Elenora wondered, knowing there had to be a time where Azrael wasn't acting like a bitter old man who hated everything in the world.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptySøn Jun 12, 2022 11:24 pm

He'd instinctively expected her response to be less than ideal. An insincere ‘I’m doing fine’ at best. So, he was positively surprised by the brightness in her voice. And when she confirmed his suspicion regarding her aura, his lips tugged in their corners. “That’s great, El.” He had always thought that this was going to happen eventually, that it was their destined path to become essential to the balance of the universe. But with it came the worry of their powers’ strength, and whether they truly were prepared enough to deal with it. How they might influence their surroundings if they didn’t keep it together.

The hint to the seasons made him wonder just how much it affected her, strengthened or weakened them depending on the time they found themselves in. Truth was, he hadn’t talked to Ethan for a long time, but he had seen how the darkness had affected him. It had become quite the revelation at his meeting with Jezebel. And he’d blamed himself for not knowing it sooner, for not having done anything to help prior to it getting worse. He nodded a little to this information, looking over at a table in the corner as he envisioned him and Ethan sitting there during a case, and how oblivious he’d been to him hiding his struggles. “I’m afraid it isn’t either.” He hadn’t trained Ethan from as young an age as Elenora undoubtedly had been, and even if he had, it wasn’t comparable. There was so much that went into the ability to control one’s powers.

A chuckle escaped his lips as she described his brother as a grumpy cat, his eyes returning to her with an amused glint in them. “There were a good couple of millennia where he wasn’t.” In fact, all of them had been much less serious when they’d lived together in Heaven. A time long before humanity came into existence. His gaze turned to the bookcase in front of her, scanning the titles on it. “Although I haven’t met a being with your exact capabilities, there’s a lot of lore on the universe’s balance, and there have been many human-perceived gods who represented part of what you are.” He reached for a book on the top shelf, a thick-leather bound book with the name ‘Gods and Monsters II’. “According to the Greeks, Apollo and Erebus were considered as the gods of light and darkness respectively. But you and your brother encompass much more than those concepts alone.” He opened the book and turned the pages until he reached the chapter on Apollo. Even if he was considered a god of a lot of things, it still didn’t quite compare. “What part of it do you seek to understand better?” he then asked as he lifted his gaze from the page to her. What she sought might be more of an existential dilemma rather than a better understanding of her being altogether. Besides, he couldn’t really know just how much Azrael had told her already.
Elenora

Elenora

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptySøn Jul 03, 2022 7:02 am

She knew there was something loving about Azrael, for the way he had helped her after what had happened with Calvin back then. Sometimes it was just like it was hard for him to fully let people see it, she knew that feeling well, it didn't mean it didn't hurt to see others wear masks as well. Elenora took a sharper breath in, listening to him explain about Azrael. She followed his movements as he reached for one of the books on the top shelf, and exhaled a little bit. All she wanted if anything was a peace of mind, some information her mind could grab around even if she knew powers like hers weren't written down on paper - but maybe there was something that could guide her. Elenora's arms crossed turning her attention to the pages in the book he showed her, while fully listening. Apollo and Erebus. "Honestly I don't know, something has changed and there is a war coming, we need to be prepared," she didn't know if he knew about the magic war that was coming, but Elenora had heard about it from Julianne who had heard about it from Rogue. Then there was the fact that her father was the archangel of war, he would perhaps already know something was luring in the shadows waiting for the first attack to happen from Acacia. But it was of course a magic fight. "Have you seen Eos these days, she promised me we would keep our training up, and I could use sparring with her powers and mine," she asked.

"She won't be coming soon," A voice followed by another light as Azrael stepped into the bunker. His entire expression was sad, pained even. "Eos is dead," the words unwillingly left his lips, he didn't like this. He didn't want this, but it was the harsh reality, they had lost a sister. Azrael looked at his brother the most, here he was the archangel of death and there was nothing he could do to save Eos' soul and here she had just gotten her freedom.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyTirs Jul 05, 2022 8:28 pm

He looked up from the book the moment she mentioned a war, wondering how she even knew about that. The way she said that they needed to be prepared sounded as if she already knew she was going to be fighting in it as well. “So, you know about the war between Earth and Wonderland?” he asked, slowly lowering the book in his hand to the table. It seemed so insignificant to the worry he now had for her regarding this war. It wasn’t that he didn’t put great importance into her understanding her powers, to use in case of such an event, to use against the darkness that roamed this world. But he didn’t think she was ready. How could she compare to all those creatures with hundreds of years of experience?

When the question of Eos came up, he reached into the back of his mind, to sense those wires that made him capable of summoning an angel. And as if he’d managed to tug on the wrong one of them, a powerful aura filled the room and he turned his face to the light of Azrael’s arrival. Before he even got to feel that the bond to Eos was missing, he revealed that she wouldn’t come soon. Michael narrowed his eyes, wondering what he meant by that. If she was captured somewhere or otherwise occupied with a mission. But the next words were uttered too soon, and his heart dropped a thousand miles. He clenched his hands into fists, showing white knuckles of anger and grief. Because why did she have to go? When she’d finally gotten out of her position at the Gates of Hell. It didn’t seem right. It wasn’t fair. But when he finally willed himself to reach that space in his mind where she was supposed to be, there was only emptiness. No one to pray to or call upon. No way for him to say goodbye. He swallowed hard and stepped towards Azrael. “Where is she?” His lips trembled at the sorrow he felt, threatening to crack the stoic facade he always carried. He needed to see her. If he could just do that then he’d still be able to say the things he should have a long time ago. And he could only assume that Az had just left whatever position she was at. Whether that be in Heaven or her place of death. The thought of her lifeless body made him close his eyes momentarily and lower his head. He exhaled a deep breath to attempt to calm his emotions before he looked into Azrael’s eyes. “What happened, brother?” He had to know who’d killed her. Who to blame for this.
Azrael

Azrael

Antal indlæg : 49

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyMan Jul 18, 2022 7:34 am

Azrael knew this wasn't doing anyone any good. No one was going to take this lightly, it was not just an attack on Heaven, it was an attack on the Archangels on their family. A hit Azrael never had thought he should take, and he had wasted so many years being angry at his sister and now, the last thing she would have known and believed was that he hated her. "She is gone," he whispered looking Michael in the eyes, Azrael knew his brother wanted to see Eos, but it was too late. The dawn had taken her body, taking the last bits of her soul and body, let it blend with the morning lights. He had been there, seen her vanish. There was no body to take back to heaven, no watching her live on there, she was just gone. Elenora felt her heart sink to the ground, almost making her close balance and only held herself steady holding onto the book-shelf.

He looked over towards his niece taking the news, then looking back at Michael and exhaled. "I'm not sure - I've been trying to put the pieces together, but someone took my face, I don't know how," he looked away from Michael and took a sharper breath in. It would make sense with the anger and almost hate between the two that Azrael would attack Eos, but kill her. "I found a demon who shared the same features of me, thinking he might be the killer, but taking his life and looking into his soul, it wasn't him." Azrael felt a sort of hopelessness, knowing he would have to tell Remiel as well, Uriel, even if he was sure that Uriel would already know due to his predictions. Remiel wouldn't be able to see her, he would come to Azrael when realizing that. Because Azrael was the archangel of death, he should hold all the answers. "She is the dawn, she always has been and always will -" he looked back at Michael, he knew it to be true, but it didn't make the pain any less.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise EmptyTirs Jul 19, 2022 11:49 pm

She is gone. What? No. He needed to at least have that. If he couldn’t get a proper goodbye, he should be able to see her one last time. But he could tell by Azrael’s expression that it was too late. That her body and soul had been taken shortly after her death. He inhaled slowly as he let the reality sink in, closing his eyes to see the memories of Eos float before him. He looked back into his brother’s eyes when he replied to his question, claiming that he wasn’t sure who did it. Yet he knew that someone had used his face. A crease appeared between his brows as he revealed this, feeling angered to know that someone had pretended to be another archangel while they’d murdered her. “Was there any evidence at the scene?” If he’d discovered such a significant detail surrounding the murder, there had to be more. And if not, he feared what it meant for their future. To avoid someone that was strong and smart enough to get away with something like that. He ran a hand down his face and exhaled before he started pacing back and forth. “This can’t be happening.” And for it to happen now. Why was it that they never could catch a damned break? He stopped his pacing when Azrael told him that she was the dawn, knowing that he was trying to reassure him. Remind him that her time simply had come. And that they’d always be near her once dawn broke. But it did little to comfort him at that moment. It did little to make it seem any less wrong. He glanced over to Elenora to see how she was taking the news, knowing she’d just asked to see her aunt, only to discover that she never would. “Do you need help with the investigation? I mean, one can only imagine that the person has used your face more than that one time. I’d hate for that to go on for longer than it has to.” All archangels had angels underneath them and valuable resources outside of that, but if Az needed Michael to do anything to help him find the perpetrator, he would not hesitate to move some priorities around. After all, the murder of an archangel was a serious attack on heaven.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: It took me by surprise   It took me by surprise Empty

It took me by surprise
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» You're in for a surprise ~ CW ~
» What a surprise
» Surprise?
» Surprise, surprise..
» Does it surprise you that I'm just as lost as I look?

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VII :: Bjergene, Oneiroi-
Gå til: