Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

[Retracted] me wrong

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

[Retracted] me wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyOns Jun 01, 2022 1:38 am

Time: 2 p. m.
Date: August 20, 2022
Attire: A disheveled suit
Dedicated to: @Saga C. Rhyss

━━━━━━━━◇◆◇━━━━━━━━

In a week he’d committed more sins than he would in a decade’s time. It was steeping to such lows that his past self would have drowned in remorse by now. Yet he felt no such thing. And although he was perfectly aware of the suffering that awaited him once time caught up, he didn’t care. The only part of the future he concerned himself about was how he’d remain hidden from Heaven. He had rarely felt so liberated. So extraordinarily careless of it all. So completely absorbed in the present. His perception of what was true had changed; the world painted in more colors and shades than the black and white he’d become so accustomed to. And nothing inside of him wanted to go back to that. He glanced to his forearm, to where the wound had spread in a matter of weeks, causing his veins to turn black underneath its power. The cut serving as an open invitation for darkness to invade. And every time it did, it only weakened the light in him.

He didn’t stay in one city for more than a few hours before he was on to the next. Not that he particularly minded that. It was a slight inconvenience compared to every other precaution he had to take. The most important of them was to conceal his aura and general trackability. He’d let his hair grow longer, and whenever possible, he’d changed his facial features, but a previous glamour had expired so he currently appeared his usual self and had to be on guard for people recognizing his face. He opened a small silver tin to take a magic-infused mint that concealed his aura, discovering there only were five left. He’d meant to renew all precautions yesterday, but the witch he’d spoken to last had spontaneously left town, and he urgently needed another. Otherwise, it was only a matter of hours before a spy would spot him and report him to their nearest leader. He knew Heaven’s operations to the core. He knew that most angels didn’t know of his disappearance, much less the details surrounding it. But Heaven had eyes and ears everywhere, and God didn’t take kindly to his children straying from their designated path, so here he was trying to find a solution that would grant him his extended freedom.

The bar in the alleyway didn’t look the least appealing and wasn’t it for the hum of music, he’d deem it closed. There was an abundance of trash on the street outside, and a couple of homeless addicts gathered along the brick wall. It was a sight that used to wake empathy in the angel but now only evoked disgust. He entered through the door and headed for the dark fairy whom he’d come to meet. The man pointed him to a witch who owned a shop in Japan and would be willing to help. And his price? Whatever about that. A blood sacrifice or ritual of some sort. It didn’t matter so long as he was able to help him before it was too late. Did he have another potential witch lined up, he might have hesitated, but he didn’t have the luxury of choice. A week wasn’t a long time to find new, yet reliable work, so he’d grasped at whoever he could find with short notice. After handing him a few banknotes in exchange for this information, he went outside and found an empty street. He closed his eyes and thought of the name of the city where the witch’s shop was located, but before he got further to the specifics he had already teleported.

The brightness of the place revealed that he’d traveled much farther than intended. He opened his eyes and observed a strangely familiar street. He was back in Oakheart; a city he wanted to avoid at all costs. And then it dawned on him. His gaze rose to the sign of the Little Lamb, and he knew she’d been the reason for the misunderstanding. Saga was the name of the city in Japan he’d meant to visit. Not her. His emotions, the darkness, or whatever damned influence he was under, must have been too reckless and eager in its search for a solution for it to affect his powers this way. There was no other explanation for why he’d been brought here.
He’d vaguely sensed an angelic aura nearby, but once it became stronger, he didn’t think twice about stepping off the streets and through the door of her shop. He remembered that it was protected from intrusion by teleportation, so it seemed the safest refuge. He closed the door behind him and turned the lock. Adrenaline surged through him, his instincts wanting to avoid his capture above all. But now that he was in here—behind a locked door and under a warding—he felt more at ease. At least enough to begin thinking about his next move. He kept by the door as he surveyed the room, convinced that she had some remedy in here that would hide his trackability. His biggest concern by far. The only problem was that he wasn’t in some stranger’s shop where such requests would go by quickly.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.
Antal indlæg : 332

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTors Jun 02, 2022 5:29 pm

Click

It wasn’t for very long that the beautiful mahogany door remained locked. Less than a minute passed before mechanical sound reversed right behind the archangel. And it wasn’t the sound of a key having been turned from the outside of the shop either. The key that had sat in the old-fashion key hold, the same key that Michael himself has just turned, had done so one its own, it seemed. Only it had clearly been manipulated by an unseen force because keys didn’t simply move on their own without. And a clever mind would’ve connected the dots even before a physical hand had taken a grip around the handle, pushing it down and opening the door up. From the outside, it would seem.
It was done so rather carefully, as the little witch, that stepped inside, wouldn’t just slam it into the over-privileged visitor that Little Lamb had the displeasure of having. “My locks are not toys for frantics to play around with,” the poised and completely accent-neutral voice said out loud. There was no real threatening tone to hear and yet she emitted a strange sense of piqued annoyance into the atmosphere around her. Especially as she looked further up to the person, whom had greatly misunderstood the hospitality of the quaint boutique, from how he’d just claimed acceptance to lock it up as he seemed fit. With the owner on the outside, nonetheless. But then her ocean blue eyes found instant recognition in what she originally had thought was a stranger and they suddenly looked at him with bafflement in her moon pale face.

A year and a half were no time for immortal beings such as both Saga and Michael. A lot less for Michael. But in that moment, it felt like it had had some weight to it. Both of their appearances added to it, undoubtedly. She had barely recognised the man from just how ruffled he looked. From behind it had been mostly impossible if she hadn’t noticed the familiar posture. The witch herself didn’t look like he’d left her either. The stark white hair had all but returned to the raven black locks that on that day framed her face in loose-hanging and bobbed-cut strands. Her eyebrows too. She was back to normal and had been for many, many months. Of course, he wouldn’t have known. And entirely back to normal might not cut it. There was some faint chances hidden from view..
The late summer heat, however, had her dressed in a dress. A collared and short-sleeved smock-styled dress with a few statement buttons running halfway down the middle. The skirt reaching about half down her thighs. Deep black, although the fabric was airy and made it perfectly weather appropriate.

Exactly as a winged creature - a brilliant white – came and landed on her shoulder, the bafflement on her eyes started to change to something tighter. Not quite a glare but the softness one could expect from being acquainted at the level as those two were, wasn’t anywhere to be seen. “Michael,” she uttered in a sort of unexpected greeting, successfully not letting any sour notes meddle into her voice. She was over the bitterness from back then; from when he’d neglected to carry out her wish because of what she could only guess was his deep-seeded want to keep everyone safe. But that then meant that what she felt for this man had gone back to what it had been in the beginning. A customer in her shop. That was all what he was. Right?
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyLør Jun 04, 2022 12:33 am

Click

His gaze lifted upwards as if the shop was to blame for the magic that returned the key to an unlocked position. He didn’t have to turn his head to know that’s what the sound had been, and it wouldn’t surprise him if such mechanics were put in place by the witch. But then the door opened, and he turned halfway, his green eyes settling on the witch he’d vowed not to see a year and a half ago. His lips curved slightly as she called him a frantic, sounding highly unpleased with his presence. And even though he’d hoped for a different greeting, he couldn’t blame her for it. “I know.” Once her eyes rose to his, he could tell that she hadn’t expected it to be him. At first glance, he barely looked like himself. Like the put-together, presentable, God-forbid he ever showed himself as anything less, archangel. Because every time he didn’t, he’d just clean himself up and look as if nothing had ever fazed him. Everything not to show the slightest sign of weakness.

His lips parted as to give her more of a greeting, but there was hardly a greeting that could brush over the fact that he’d left her without as much as a goodbye the last time they’d seen each other. Nor could any words properly explain the situation to her. If he said he’d locked her door because he needed a hiding place, she would ask him why he sought that here. She’d wonder why he’d even need it at all.
Worst of all, and perhaps the real reason for the lack of words, was that he realized he had a desire to see her. Facing her was all the conviction he needed. Whenever he was reminded of her in the past, he’d easily pushed it away. Convinced himself that he didn’t want to see her. And even if it felt like he did, he would have resisted it—at least to the best of his ability. He knew that he’d changed his mind if he as much as heard her voice. That was why he’d made sure to change his number. But had she prayed, it would have been over for him. He would have dropped about anything to go see her. After all, the question of her safety was the reason he’d made that decision in the first place.
He blinked and shoved the unwanted realization into the back of his mind, redirecting his focus on the matter at hand. “I need to ask a small favor of you.” Deciding the course of their conversation might just reduce her chance of asking about anything else. Maybe the favor wasn’t exactly small, but the adjective sure made it sound better—like it shouldn’t be of much trouble for her. He took a step closer to the window to check that the street was empty, that nobody but her had seen him. “I’m being tracked.” His senses focused on the angelic aura that appeared slightly weaker now, trying to determine who it belonged to, and more importantly that it continued to weaken. “I don’t have much time before the current spell runs out, so if you don’t have anything that’ll help, I need you to point me in the direction of someone who can.” He walked away from the light of the window and further into the main area of her shop. He had every expectation of her being willing to help, but he knew it wasn’t without its consequences. That seeing someone he knew potentially could jeopardize everything. It was far worse than any consequence he had to endure from some random witch who could provide the same services. Of course, he didn’t really need her to point him to someone who could help. He already had another witch lined up. But he said it because he wanted her to believe that his appearance in her shop had been intentional.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyMan Jun 06, 2022 3:46 pm

Straight to the point. This only solidified her initial choice of approach to him. It helped smooth out some of the rigged lines as well. She said nothing at first since she already expected him to further explain what this little favour he sought from her involved. Her eyes watched him intensely for a moment as he made attempts to settle in the shop – she could almost instantly see just how prickly he seemed as he took a few steps from the cramped corner by the door. It wasn’t only that he looked like an animal constantly on watch from looming danger. There was clearly something else. A kind of former comfort, that she had witnessed those earlier visits of his, turned slightly on its head. She broke from him shortly to gently close the door behind her, the non-existing bill chimed as it had done as the door had been opened moments before. I’m being tracked.
The reveal had Saga stop a bit in her tracks while her hand was still resting upon the door handle. She remained unmoving like that for a good couple of seconds before she slowly raised her chin, as if in a sigh, and as her eyes looked out the small window in the door itself, her hand had moved to hover over the key. And with an unnoticeable gesture, the key turned once again in its lock. She then acted like it meant nothing, when she turned properly back towards Michael and started to look at him again with professional eyes. “Let me see what I can do,” she said with a poised confidence. In a way, she already knew she would be able to grand him his needs. As she had admitted some time ago, she didn’t have proficiency in direct tracking of a person but the act of making someone untraceable… That was different. It was simply a question of how. She glanced fleetingly out the large display window like he had done but after that her theorizing thoughts stayed only her own.

Circe wasn’t being the least bit discreet with how they looked him down the entire time that Saga walked by him, looking him up and down as she did. The familiar’s opinion about the archangel had waved an awful lot since getting acquainted with him and it was far more prevalent in them than in their prideful witch. They were keeping close watch of him. They weren’t about to attack the dishevelled man. No, this wasn’t like the time in the warehouse. But while Circe hadn’t been there in Cuba with the two, they had been there when Saga had returned home one sudden night. They’d been their when she’d felt betrayed and that quite simply didn’t lay well for the familiar. Michael would do best to know that much.

Upon reaching Michael front on, Saga, without much warning, threw a hand up in an elegant movement. He’d feel a surge of magical energy pushing itself from him and engulf him in what visualised as a very slight opaque veil around him that both of them would be like to see. Not just the caster. This was essentially his aura. Or at least the part of that was currently bound by the spells that kept him hidden. Her dark brow furrowed upon what she saw.
“I can savour and restore the remainder of the former spell. Possibly strengthen it as well.” Observantly, her gaze wandered over the summoned veil, not actually looking far enough through it onto him. Her head fell gently to one side as she looked over what she had to work with. And then to the other side. Her rosy lips slit apart just the tiniest bit. She reached a hand out and carefully touched a part of a spell – the veil fluttered like smoke around her fingers at her touch. “I take that those aura-suppressants you carry don’t help as much as needed when you’re specifically tracked like this?” She sensed those too, although not in the veil. She sensed how she couldn’t sense his angelic presence. It was probably why she hadn’t recognized him at first before she had met with his eyes. Eyes and face still unfathomably beautiful; like a painting from the romantic era.
Abruptly, despite the calm way she lifted her head, she caught his eyes and looked as deep into them as he allowed her. By his feet, however, something unseen started to creep around his angles and kept him to the floor. Kept him from moving from the spot. Saga didn’t look away from him. “Before, however, I do this small favour for you there’s something I need to know.” Nothing in her, in her face nor voice, really indicated any malice, though. One would even be able to catch a glimpse of something troubling in her eyes. “How did you do it?” She needed to know. She needed to know to badly that she didn’t even think that he wouldn’t have any idea anymore of what she was referring to.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyOns Jun 08, 2022 12:21 am

He glanced at her by the door, appreciating that she went along with his request instead of initiating another conversation. “Thank you.” He tried to see if he could sense something in her, any feeling towards him, but all he saw was the usual professionalism. It made him almost grateful for fate’s twist of events. Like it was on his side somehow. His gaze then shifted to the familiar on her shoulder, having felt their judgmental stare this whole time—watching him as if they could sense something was amiss. It was either that or the fact that they had never fully trusted him. Had a natural inclination of dislike towards him. And for a moment there was nothing in Michael’s eyes that indicated they shouldn’t be vigilant. The darkness appeared when he stared back at them. Like his eyes held a deep secret. And it was dispersed just as quickly so that when he looked back at Saga, they had returned to their usual warmth.

He stopped in the middle of the room, looking at the desk where he’d once given her a payment of one of his feathers. Wondering if she still had it in her possession. But he didn’t get much time to reminisce about the past before a powerful surge of magic enveloped him, extracting the spell he was under and pulling it into the light. Creating a surreal veil around him. Giving off a slightly golden hue due to the sunlight peeking through the windows. His gaze studied it, usually not seeing magic displayed like this, but even he could tell that it was looking weaker than it otherwise would have. He didn’t for a second doubt that she could restore it. Nor that her price would be fairer than any he’d pay somewhere else. “Yes. They’re either using magic or a supernatural tracker to get to me, so I need the spell to be renewed. The suppressants only really help hide my identity if I’m near one of them.” The spell kept him untraceable to most trackers, and due to his teleportation ability, and partial protections of various buildings he visited, it was difficult for even the best of them to catch up. The main reason for concealing his aura was simply that he didn’t want anyone to suspect that he was an angel, further disassociating that part of himself. Furthermore, it allowed him to get closer to darker creatures without triggering a flight or fight response in them.

He looked into her eyes, at that point not suspecting anything to be wrong, but the longer she held his gaze, the more it seemed as if she held something back. And that was when he felt the creeping restraints around his feet. He looked down at his shoes in disbelief, trying to take a step back but was unable to lift his foot from the ground. His eyes flickered with confusion as they darted back to hers. His countenance tensed as she gave him a hint of what this was about. She needed to know something? What the hell did that warrant this for? She could have just asked. There was no need to make sure he wasn’t going anywhere.
How did you do it?
Additional confusion passed his expression as he was trying to think of what she could mean by that. The magic obviously came from some other magic caster, so that couldn’t be what she wanted to know. And he had done a lot of things since the last time they met, but none of those should concern her. “You got to help me a little here, Saga.” She had said it in a way that made it sound like it should be obvious to him, so he retraced his memories to the last time he saw her. Trying to come up with one of a few things that she could be referring to. “Bring you back here that night?” he guessed, thinking it was likely that her father hadn’t come forth yet. Besides, he had expected her to confront him about that day at some point, so he might as well get it over with now. The last thing he wanted was for her magic to be compromised by something like that.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTors Jun 09, 2022 10:38 pm

Possibly unexpectedly, the little witch didn’t catch on to the same darkness, that abruptly had the white crow utter a stout caw and set off from its preferable placement on her shoulder to settle down on top of a shelving unit where it had could scout the whole of the store floor. Saga served it a short glance due to the suddenness of her familiar’s offended behavior but she thought not too much of it. Usually she trusted her familiar’s senses regarding people but it would be of no surprise to anyone that the relationship with this particular man was ever so slightly tainted. Besides, while she hadn’t seen the dark shift in his eyes, as her attention had been elsewhere, she wasn’t entirely as oblivious as she came off as. There was something different about him. She just couldn’t quite put her finger on it. If it was the same thing that had tickled her intrigue before, just grown or what.

Saga returned her attention to Michael and the exposed spell veil after that small distraction and caught perfectly fine up with the conversation at hand. She nodded and hum delicately as it was as she’d theorized. She had only gotten acquainted with these breath mints of his in a quick turn of events but she was pleased to have confirmed that she’d gotten the right idea about them. It was a pride she bore, after all. She looked a little closer at the veil surrounding him, watch a more specific area or rather; a specific layer and structure of it while tilting her head e smidge to the side. “They might possibly also be helping in making magic adhere better to you.” At least, that was what she seemed to see. The cloaking was dangerously weak, yes, and that was what stood out the most. Untrained eyes would probably only get to focus on that. But to her it looked almost as if the magic merged more naturally as she’d expect from a being like him and it made her wonder if he always popped one of those or she could recall a different from back when he’d been on her table, under her needle. Fascinating indeed. “Not as in they make you more vulnerable to it - not in the slightest - but I could imagine how by calming the outwards-facing intensity of holy presence..-” Because intense it sure was. “- makes room for smoother weaving.”
She liked this; what she did. Her work. Her speculations and discoveries. It was where she felt most at home. She didn’t belong outside on grand missions. Out there she wasn’t safe thriving as. Did she regret tagging along with Michael? No, but only because she never regretted anything.

As soon as he’d noticed the feeling of invisible vines grapping and holding his feet and angles, the little witch took a couple of calm steps backwards until she hit the beautiful antique desk table. In a petit and poised movement she jumped up and sat her behind on the edge of it. The table was just tall enough - or maybe she was just short enough - that sitting like that, her feet didn’t reach the floor. Even less as she swung on leg over the other. She did a tiny, unconscious raise of her eyebrows. “Partially,” she said and stopped herself from sitting leaning forward to instead rest a hand on either side of her, arms and back straight. “Although, I woke up in my bed. You should’ve noticed how you can’t simply appear in my home. I assume you have. And it still wouldn’t make sense for you to have carried me the last bit through the door. I had my home secured before we left. None of my wards had been broken nor even touched or scratched. It was as if I’d walked inside myself. But that - that doesn’t make sense to me, Michael.” Gently while wetting her lips she watched the angel closely as if she’d see answers in his face before his mouth could give them to her. The troublesomeness was still present in her eyes, albeit subdued to keep up the façade of professionalism. But how it had gnawed at her since. Even more as… unfortunate events had occurred. She needed to know if there were any flaw in what she trusted in. That it gave perfect leeway for her to confront the man in some way was a pleasing addition.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyFre Jun 10, 2022 3:02 am

His eyes widened momentarily as she theorized on the effect of the suppressants, possibly being able to see that part of the magic in the veil. If they helped with strengthing his other spells, he needed to get his hands on more, and his usual supplier was a contact Heaven had. One that their spies used frequently. He couldn’t go to them. “Did you feel that was a hindrance the last time? My intense holy presence.” It was surely not so intense by now, although he didn’t suspect it to be anywhere near that of a fallen angel. The darkness of the mark couldn’t have wrecked it that much in just a week, could it?

Partially. His expression relaxed slightly as she confirmed that he’d guessed correctly. He had no problem with giving her the truth. He didn’t care for what words he’d given her father more than a year ago. They mattered none to him now. When she elaborated, she revealed something he already knew—that he wouldn’t be able to teleport into this space. If he could, he wouldn’t have arrived on the street moments prior. So, of course, he hadn’t been the one to do it. She had to know as much. “I wasn’t the one bringing you back, Saga.” He gave her some time to let that sink in before he dropped the biggest truth of them all. “Your father did.” Maybe it wasn’t the smartest move to tell her this. Maybe a lie would have gotten her to renew his spells faster. But just like then, he genuinely believed she deserved to hear the truth. “He showed up that night and told me everything. I tried to convince him to tell you the truth because I felt he should be the one to do it. I still do.” He could only imagine what she would think of it all. That despite knowing she had traveled all the way to Cuba to see him. That it had made her go along with an archangel who was on a mission to take down a dangerous demonic gang. That she’d been possessed by a demon because of it. Despite all that, he still didn’t want her to see him. It had to hurt to know. “After that, he offered to bring you back and I let him.” That was all there was to it. Of course, their leave would have looked much different if her father hadn’t shown up. But as a firm believer in destiny, he had genuinely believed it to be a gift at the time.
He couldn’t quite stop his gaze from wandering down to those exposed legs she’d crossed, couldn’t ignore the part of him that yearned to feel them against his hands. A desire he’d normally subdue completely. But she wasn’t doing much to help with the way she sat on top of the desk. Nor with the way she kept her gaze intensely upon him. “So, if you’re worried about intrusion from the likes of me, you’ve no reason to be.” His gaze calmly returned to hers, trying to catch anything in them that would reveal if she had been worried about this. In which case, she should feel better now.

With the truth out and a lessened safety concern, he wondered what other things she needed to know, what the word partially had referred to. This favor being extremely important to him, after all. “Was there anything else you needed to know? Otherwise, I’d appreciate it if you could free me.” He gestured a hand to his shoes, still glued to the floor beneath him. He might hide it well, but he wasn’t the least pleased with this little stunt of hers. In fact, there seemed something off about her doing it in the first place. His gaze lowered to where her heart was, having noticed part of her soul was missing but thought nothing of it. It was common knowledge that witches sometimes used souls in their rituals, and though he normally abhorred the idea, he didn’t at this point. He had long since given up on ensuring that each soul ended up where they were supposed to go, and the demons mercilessly took away so many of them. It was impossible to keep up. But taking your own soul was a curious move, almost as if it was an urgent addition, or regarding something she was very passionate about.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyMan Jun 13, 2022 9:37 am

Since her mind had already wandered in the direction of what Michael then asked about, she fell just a little bit further into her thoughts while looking back. “Not at all,” she revealed thoughtfully as she was still coming back to the present there in the small boutique with the archangel held to the wooden floor. “Magic and holy grace, or what other names it might go by, aren’t really like oil and water where it doesn’t mix. I don’t believe it, at least. But you can imagine it more like a droplet of ink in a glass of still water. Left undisturbed the colour would eventually mix and dye the water a faint hue but swirling a spoon on the glass would do it faster and more efficient.” She habitually began to sway the leg that lay over the other, tipping the foot discreetly in the air as she explained. It was all a bit of a stress, of course. Saga often spoke like she knew things with certainty but one had to remember that it often was emerged in a sense of bias thoughts too. Although, she was rarely wrong in the end. “So, had you been under the influence of these suppressants at that time it wouldn’t have hindered my magic from working on you. Unfortunately, I don’t recall noticing a difference from my first attachment on you and.. Cuba. I only just now really witnessed signs of it being a possibility.”  

Huh? He wasn’t the on-… In a sudden moment uncharacteristically baffled emotions fluttered in her ocean blue eyes. Widen just a tad but still enough that it could be seen and blinking in an irregular pattern. The swaying, mindless swaying of her foot had stopped straight away as well. And she had automatically sat straighter up so her hands’ physical contact had gone from a relaxed cupping of the edge to only the fingertips against the tabletop surface. Her father had? Her father had been there? Well, yes she’d known that her father had been in the area as they had but… “I… see.” Surprising it was, just how that was the only words that she managed to find and then push through her delicately-parted lips. This time it wasn’t even that she simply didn’t have any more to say. This time she’d felt a complete lack of words but also a need for them.
…he offered to bring you back and I let him. She closed her mouth again and tensed up in her jaw as she regained proper control over the unexpected information. Her brows got pushed towards each other a little, wrinkling the pale and usually perfectly smooth skin between. “That explains it. Circe would’ve recognized him as well. I assumed their calm was due to it having been you.” She sent the crow a quick glance – not a glare. Her and her familiar didn’t share communication like the one her and Michael used. They did communicate perfectly but without a use of a comprehensible language. Theirs were a bond. She couldn’t blame them for this. And she didn’t. She jumped from the desk as elegantly as she’d jumped on it, dismissing her attention towards the celestial being. “However, what truth he trusted you with, he hasn’t yet shared with me but I appreciate this.” Him answering her concerns. She didn’t catch him looking at her, although she felt it, since she in that moment turned to start walking around the table. A deep breath lifted her torso and shoulders and upon breathing out, her silhouette was less stiff.

Mere seconds after he then spoke out his request for her to free him, she stepped the soft sole of her trainers into the floor with somewhat of a different feel than an ordinary step she’d take and instantly the creeping vines let go of his feet and legs and slithered down into the ground. Still there were nothing indicating them ever having been there. No cracks in the floor boards nor a visible drawn spell or circle anywhere. “Don’t think badly of my precautions. You have a tendency to disappear like a lightening right after striking ad I found it important to ask and know what had happened,” she said, now her back turned to him for a short while. She ran a hand through her loose-hanging hair, across from the side and rustled it slightly in the back as if to recreate some lost volume. Unbeknown to her, this exposed some of her neck that her hair had covered and the top of a what could likely be a tattoo peaked up from the collar of her dress. That and something …reddish.

She circled the desk, ending up on the other side of it, before her eyes looked towards him again with fresh acumen.

Sidst rettet af Saga C. Rhyss Ons Jun 15, 2022 9:23 am, rettet 1 gang
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyMan Jun 13, 2022 10:18 pm

He wished her description would have quelled his worries, but he knew the problem would crash down on him eventually. His aura wasn’t one to pass unnoticed. Even in a crowd of powerful beings, it still drew attention to him. He knew that allowing it out in the open would ease Heaven’s tracking of him. He wasn’t as concerned when it regarded how it affected his other spells. If his aura had made a witch question the efficiency or attachment of a spell, he should’ve already been aware of it. Of course, some might have just kept it secret so as to not deter him from returning to their services, but that couldn’t possibly apply to everyone. Saga was proof of this for one. “Good,” he responded conclusively, pushing the thoughts of his aura away. He’d most likely need to ask a witch for a spell to keep it concealed, but that could wait until he ran out of his temporary fix.

He remained stoically calm as he awaited her response, not caring much about this issue of hers. He only talked about it because it was the key to her helping him. Yet there was nothing that could have prepared him for her reaction, that tiny sentence that so clearly revealed her sadness and disappointment. A spark of empathy ignited in his chest and his lips parted to say something that would make her feel better but before words could be formed, darkness engulfed it and smothered the feeling, leaving a hollow pit in its wake—returning him to the usual indifference.
At the mention of Circe, he followed her eyes up to them. He could see how she’d think that. How bringing her back safely would sit right with the familiar. That they might think the angel could be trusted with taking the witch away for a few days’ time so long as he saw to return her. To not abandon her as they might have feared. Instead, they had been met with a person they’d known for far longer and undoubtedly trusted more than him.
However, what truth he trusted you with, he hasn’t yet shared with me, but I appreciate this.
His eyes returned to her with a puzzled gleam in them. He had expected more questions, and yet she seemed satisfied with that small snippet of the truth. Perhaps the revelation discouraged her enough to avoid thinking about it anymore. Perhaps she wasn’t the slightest vexed with him. He exhaled a breath, feeling relieved at how smoothly that had turned out.  

He laughed before his lips settled into a smile that exposed his pearly whites. It sure sounded like a tendency of his. One that had been pointed out to him many times. Not so much by other angels as those who couldn’t comprehend the million things that pulled at him at every given moment. Well, except for now. His commands, responsibilities, and prayers were all locked away in a safe inside his mind. Not to be opened anytime soon. But it was never to escape anyone. It was more a matter of obligation and reasoning. His job didn’t often allow for his emotions to keep him stuck in a moment if there wasn't a good reason behind it “My work does take me away quite often.” He stepped one of his shiny shoes forward, testing that the spell was lifted completely. “But in case there is a next time, a prayer could have saved you a year and a half of waiting.” It had seemed obvious to him that she would have done that. That Saga Rhyss wouldn’t have let him off the hook that easily. That she’d demanded an answer if it was of importance to her. He took another step towards her. “Mighty Michael, the Archangel! Glorious Prince, chief, and champion of the heavenly bodies; guardian of the hearts of men; dominator of the rebel angels! How beautiful You are in Your heaven-made armor. Who brought me back to Gaia last night, if not You?” he joked, his tone dramatizing the prayer as if he was reading it aloud from a book. “Less would have done as well,” he clarified as a playful smile emerged. Though worship helped he didn’t discriminate between all of those who looked to him for protection or guidance. He noticed the tattoo on her neck as she ran a hand through her hair, thinking it was a healing spell like the one she’d shown him before. But there was another mark that had him halt momentarily, a red area near the outline of the dress. However, his gaze quickly lifted to her face as she turned to face him from the opposite side of the desk.
Should we get started?
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyOns Jun 15, 2022 12:50 pm

Not even the witch Saga Rhyss was immune to things like a contagious laughter in the right circumstances and while she didn’t join the angel in his or matched the wide smile that it left behind after settling, there had been a tuck at the corners of her mouth. Discreetly hidden as she’d not faced him at that time. But much like how the revelation of that time the year before had loosened up her shoulders, this had softened her impassive expression when she then faced him again, lifting her chin and eyes in calm unison.
However, as he advertised the solution to potentially save her some time the next time around, she pushed her brows together to create a slightly bothered wrinkle between them and she had to hold back on tensing up in her jaw and compensated it with a quick inward fold of her lips as if to wet them. Only her tongue didn’t make contact before they were correctly and organically positioned again. “I’ll remember that. I can imagine the benefits of having angels on speed dial like that,” she commented, both shamelessly teasing and monotone. She then disappeared behind the desk by squatting down as far as her ankle-flexibly allowed her although she still kept a hand around the corner of the desk to keep her balanced while rummaging with the other through the shelving, that hid on the side that customers didn’t get to see. “However, after the number card you gave me back at the gala went cold despite the enchantment on it being nowhere near expiring I assumed it a sign to not bother you further,” she kept doing from behind the desk. Unapologetically, really. Her voice wasn’t filled with anger or spite, though, as one would expect. Possibly Michael himself as he’d seemed to watch her just as closely as she’d him since entering Little Lamb. Instead she was objective. At least that was how she saw the confrontation. “And while having been on my mind -” She stood up. “- I’m more prideful than impatient.”

Emerging from the desk it was also brought to light, what she had been looking for. Nothing big, just a delicate fresh spring of what could very well be a mixture of a fern and rosemary. She left it on top of the desk. In the middle, where it didn’t lay on anything but the wood or near anything else on it. “We’re already started, Michael.” She nodded towards the translucent veil still wrapping him before circling back around the desk to once again placed herself in front of him and gesturing him to move a step back if he stood too close to the desk so she couldn’t scoot in between. Then with her hand already lifted, she moved it into the veil and basically started to wave away tiny, mostly unseeable flecks that occupied it.
“Lean down a bit,” she began instructed him - he wasn’t exactly short - and as soon as he did, she reached up to press the tip of her middle finger against his forehead, just above where his brows met. After that she moved her hand down to instead press the same fingertip against a skin-exposed area of his chest, around the middle of his collarbones meeting. At the same time, she’d started a faint chanting. Like a lullaby almost but the words were if arcane understanding and not storytelling like a lullaby would be. She only stopped it very shortly to speak another request. Or command. “Palms.” She held up both her hands in a clear indication for him to put his own in them. Palms up, preferably but had he put then palms down, she’d easily just have them turned correctly.
The chanting continued as she held his hands with such gentle touch, that it might feel like there were barely any contact until she moved her thumbs to press down into the centre of his palms. Her eyes followed her hands, concentrating on her work. Behind her the spring of greenery started to burn and crisp up. A flame never quite got a chance to burst, only glowing ambers eating up the leaves until the plant was no more than a ash flake. The table, remarkably, hadn’t taken any damage whatsoever.

The restoration ended; fully successful as far as Saga could sense. And the archangel would’ve hopefully felt the strengthening too. Possibly as a familiar sensation from the first time the tracking ward had been put on him. Even a lift in the feeling of having the watchful eye over him. Saga breathed in deeply and as she did the veil also dissipated into nothing. She glided her hands from his. "So all it takes is a prayer? And you'll be there? Don't you recieve countless praying words ever moment? You can't be everywhere at once." Or maybe he could?
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyFre Jun 17, 2022 12:17 am

He stopped in front of her desk, lifting a hand to let his fingertips glide over the smooth wooden surface. But the movement froze abruptly when she mentioned the card. At that moment he knew he’d slipped up. He should have foreseen that she’d mention it. But he was not thinking as he had back then. He didn’t understand why he’d ever been so caught up in protecting everyone around him, why he was so convinced that hearing her voice would have changed his mind. It was so trivial compared to the ordeals he went through daily. How something so little was supposed to persuade him was frankly preposterous.
It was.” A sign for her not to bother him. “But if I knew it'd make you feel better, I’d want you to have done it anyway.” An emotion emerged at this, the truthfulness of the statement surprising even him. And so did the unnatural and foreign warmth that followed the realization. But any evidence of this quickly vanished as she appeared from behind the desk. A tug of his lips concealed it furthermore. “A vice for a virtue. That does help explain the balanced state of your morals.” He’d always liked that about her. It meant she wasn’t going to get too attached to either side and that she made for a perfectly neutral business partner. So maybe her compass leaned a little more towards the dark side for the time being but so did his own.

He stepped back when she circled around the desk, letting her resume her position in front of him. He glanced to the herbs she’d presumably use in her spellbinding before he fixed his gaze on her, waving away something from the veil. He leaned down as instructed, staying quiet as he observed her. His arms tensed instinctively as she asked for his hands. At the prospect of that meaning that she’d need to reach further up his arms, but with little choice, he lifted his palms to meet hers. With the fold of his shirt’s sleeve, more of his skin had become exposed. But it wasn’t enough for her to discover the black streak of his wound. The only proof of it being there was some thin darkened lines that could as well be a little dirt or his veins looking bluer from his shadow. He had always remembered her touch to be very gentle, to make him feel some type of way that made him wish her hand would stay. This time wasn’t an exception. And he was beginning to realize just why he’d cut contact with her in the first place. Afraid that… Then again, it was an absurd thought. Something an angel like him shouldn’t remotely be thinking.

He'd noticed the smell and noise from the spring burning behind her but didn’t look to get a glimpse of it. Couldn’t take his eyes away from her. She looked so captivating when she dedicated her full focus to her work. To him.
When the chanting was over, he felt both invigorated and calmer—from the strength of the renewed magic and the following sense of security. The spells had ensured Heaven hadn’t been able to find him for the past week, so he was confident in them continuing to do just that. His hands lowered to his sides when she let go of them, grateful that she hadn’t sensed the taint in him. Her consecutive questions about the prayers made him inhale slowly and look away. It was a complicated concept. An ability that was so ingrained in him he didn’t stop to wonder how God had made it work. “If you’re special to me.” His eyes lowered to her. That was one of the conditions of him showing up after one prayer. It'd never reach the point of having him on speed-dial. None of the angels had time to cater to that. “But you’re right. I can’t be everywhere at once, so the… system, will prioritize some prayers over others. The intensity of fear in the person. The level of danger. If they work in dangerous-related fields. The person’s capabilities. If they’re human. If I know them.” A family member’s voice almost always overpowered any other prayer, no matter their problem. He knew he shouldn’t be biased in that way, but he’d never been able to detach his emotions entirely from that part of him. And either way, his family knew not to pray unless it was extremely serious.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyLør Jun 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Curiosity took over her eyes when he looked away right after she’d lead the post-enchantment with a question. Curious as to way he reacted that way, as if he couldn’t quite look her in the eye while admitting his mind to the answer, bracing himself to say it out loud. Or quite possibly it was simply to give way to think an answer through. Following his explanation - and how he described it as a ‘system’ could very well prove for it to be as innate as magic to her. Something not entirely capable of definition. She felt the familiar tugging of watching him even more closely and she might as well have done it if he hadn’t returned his gaze to her together with a reply. One that settled more securely in her than the rest that then came afterwards.
It made sense; all he told. Although she could hardly ever get a chance to fully understand. It was strange to imagine an individual as clearheaded as Michael showed on the outside but who’d have his mind plagued with voices of everyone in need in the world. All she could try and conclude was her not even an incompetent mentalist could compare if that was in fact how the heavenly warrior was constructed.
However the little witch didn’t just pass over his first, initial answer. As if it rang some deeper truth than the truth of the priority list he ended on. Specific truth rather than what would mean anything in a bigger picture. Because if that was the case then she’d quality far, far down the list.
Licking her lips she pulled her gaze slightly back from their watchfulness, allowing him to not feel so observed. Interesting. I’d never given something like that much thought until now,” she admitted calmly while resting her arms crossed over her torso in a relaxed manner alternatively to partially closed off. They didn’t stay like that for very long either, as she shuffled in her position and loosened them ones again, moving on arm back to be placed on the desk’s edge as she leaned discreetly up against it. “Would I’ve had to speak the prayer out loud then? For you to hear it, that is. Or would..” Instead of finishing her sentence she wished to demonstrate the second half. She continued to look at him, look at his eyes as she then start formulating the prayer in her mind.

Saga barely made it through the words word before she was overwhelmed with an extremely bad feeling that made her immediately retract on the spot. Concurrently with lowered her head, she closed her eyes and tensed up on her cheek in a pained expression. She didn’t exactly stagger but she did suddenly slouch more than moment before. The hand having rested on the table moved up to her forehead instead as if she’d suddenly gotten dizzy. No. Her mind was vulnerable  still. Too much so. She wasn’t sure if the bad feeling had actually been him or if it was solely the effect she’d been left with. Just in case a string of demanding curses was sent down the line.

“..Never mind.” With a silent, surprisingly delicate voice, she composed herself again and dismissed that last question in the end. Her hand lowered from her forehead and she looked back up with a deep breath and light throw of her head to get black locks away from her face. The deep breath, however, made her cough dryly. “I hopefully won’t be in need of sending you a prayer, though. ’The intensity of fear in the person.’ That would mean I’d be in immensely bad trouble, wouldn’t it? I doubt for that to happen.” A sweet little and convincing smile did her words company. She doubted for it to happen again. She felt the weight on her chest even more now. It’d probably been there all this time but with Michael at less than an arm-length from her, it had become apparent. Another breath had nearly gotten caught in her throat.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyMan Jun 27, 2022 3:38 am

She hadn’t had a reason to give it much thought until now. It’d be useless for witches to hold on to the hope that an angel would answer their prayers. But if they got close to someone like him, that connection would be enough to breach through the sea of voices. By the end of her sentence, he knew she was about to demonstrate a mental prayer, but he had no intention of opening that vault in his mind. Didn’t wish to hear all those screams and pleas. Didn’t need the reminder of the stress it used to give him.
He was about to answer her when she suddenly appeared pained and light-headed. He watched her cautiously, a concerned frown disrupting his otherwise calm expression. “Saga?” He was close enough to catch her if she was going to fall unconscious, but when she didn’t, he was left to wonder what it was that had caused the reaction—if the darkness had enforced a shield that hurt the ones who tried to reach him by prayer, or if it was the aftereffects of the spells. Her never mind revealed that she hadn’t been able to attempt the prayer. But why not? His eyes narrowed concerningly when she coughed after taking a deep breath. “Are you feeling okay?” It didn’t appear to be the case. But whereas the old him would have asked out of compassion, he now asked to know if it was related to the darkness. He needed to know the moment she had any suspicion of it. And if she was unwell because of the spells, then he’d just consider it an excuse for him to stick around in the safety of her shop.

Her next words and the accompanying smile helped soften his worried expression. Helped to diminish the severity of whatever it had been. He’d thought he’d made it obvious that none of those criteria mattered much if he considered someone special. Yet she’d passed over it as if he’d never said it. As if that sentence never could apply to her. She was right to assume that it shouldn’t. Acuteness, fear, defenselessness, and lives at risk should matter more. But the fact that she didn’t react to that as well as his statement of wishing she had prayed. It only proved that she either couldn't believe that it was real or didn't want it to be. And at this point, the latter seemed to ring more true. After all, if she didn’t talk about it, it wasn’t going to become real. It made him think he’d made the right decision when he’d intended to stay away. And he felt stupid for thinking there was a part of her that didn’t want him to when she clearly didn’t care. All she cared about was how he’d entered her shop. He almost laughed at his own thoughts from back then. But he was mostly relieved. Business partners. That’s all they’d ever been. “Right.” Saga Rhyss kept to the shadows and stayed out of trouble. Except for that one time when she’d gotten into trouble with him. He tilted his head as he studied her, contemplating whether those incidents were the worst she’d ever had to endure. If she believed the chances of something similar happening in the future were that low. That she’d never get close to that kind of danger again. Or if it more was a question of her thinking she wouldn’t get into anything she wasn’t able to get out of her on her own.

The answer is no, by the way. I hear internal prayers too.” Those were the most common type of prayer. Often it was the last resort of someone who was so distressed that they didn’t know what else to do. But it was just as often someone deliberately praying to him, for whatever reason they thought he was the best to reach out to. He stepped closer to the desk on the left side of her, looking at the spot where the spring had burned moments before, but saw no sign of it. “What do I owe you?” He turned his body to face her, wondering if she’d ask him for something as valuable as his feather again or if money would suffice. A minute ago he’d been tempted to take his leave with the free magic, but something told him it was better if he didn’t. That he might need her help again.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTirs Jun 28, 2022 12:01 am

Was she feeling okay? The question had her automatically look up at him, however her eyes glided from him briefly thereafter to fully compose herself. ”I got slightly disorientated for a moment.” She’d tried easing the arch angel with an obvious lie before and though it was well over a year ago, she wouldn’t want do the efforts over. She’d only opted out of it eventually anyway. So this time she led with a truth. A very small and possibly passively dismissive without her wanting it to be, part of the whole story but she wasn’t about to spill everything like that. Looking back at him, she figured it wasn’t as if Michael wouldn’t care. The man cared more than she’d want to praise him for; not before she’d call him an old fool for it first. Perhaps afterwards she’d confess her admiration. She wasn’t heartless. “It happens,” she added a little after as if to tell him not to linger on it. That she was in control of whatever had just happened.

It might actually have been rather unlike her to pass over what he’d said like she’d done, if it hadn’t been for the bitter taste at the back of her tongue, that his leading revelation had actually brought on. Saga didn’t want him to stand there and tell her that she was special to him nor that he’d wish she’d call on him even if he hadn’t presented her with a viable option to do to. Before now, of course. But he had to see how the thought of a holy prayer hadn’t crossed her mind even if she’d faulted from her usual mind set of taking care of things on her own. He couldn’t be that ignorant. She didn’t make her purposely blind to his words either, although she had an inkling that, that was exactly what ran through his head taking his defeated response to count. She knew exactly what she’d done by saying what she had. To her it was what little punishment she could give him. She’d probably forgiven him for going against her wishes a long time ago, but that didn’t mean that she couldn’t still have a craving to prod. Maybe if he hadn’t caught on to that at the time, maybe the way she looked at him while he looked her over as well, could hint. Hmm. Why did he look at her like that?
Despite the setback, she still got her answer and it enlarged her smile a smidge as she accepted it with a slowed nod. So it was as she’d guessed. It made the most sense. She’d like to think that silent prayers at times could be the loudest to those listening. As he stepped forward, she nonchalantly stayed put where she stood, not having felt signs of him stepping closer to her specifically. Instead she followed him to the side and observed him glancing behind her. There was something about it when watching curiosity from ancient beings. You’d think time would’ve drained them of it. Alas no. She liked that look.
She then calming gave him her price. In pounds. Reasonable and as already expected; cheaper than what he’d find elsewhere, where his desperation would surely have raised whatever usual price. “It wasn’t any complicated spell work and the tsar fern grow abundantly in my bedroom window,” she calmly explained as she turned her body towards him as well. Glancing down at where he’d looked at the table despite the only traces of the spring was a few small flakes of ash. She liked the smell. It was extremely faint but under the scent of burning flora was something sweet. “Which, you might say, was just your luck.” Her eyes wandered off towards the door - lock still turned so to keep the angel comfortable for his visit. She didn’t look to it longingly, granted her expressions weren’t always the easiest to read when poised stillness was favoured.

“You know, I did, after some time, start to wonder what you did subsequently. If you stayed behind in Cuba. What occupied your time those month following until my mind agree on the stupidity of dwelling in those thoughts.” Quite possibly it was a way of blowing on the wound - being kind again after her cruel punishment earlier - than she then allowed him to be at the least a little filled in. That and her desire to get an understanding of certain things, that had really only grown more and more pressing the longer he’d been there. Right there. In the flesh. It was simply too easy to now ask him what she’d supressed as unnecessities. “Have you been keeping out of Gaia since then?"
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTors Jun 30, 2022 12:46 am

Michael reached a hand inside of his jacket to retrieve a leather wallet. He shuffled through the different currencies until he found some pounds. It was about half of what she’d asked for, but Japanese yen was what he’d stolen last to pay the dark fairy for information. “I’ll pay the rest when I can,” he promised as he handed her the banknotes, hoping she’d allow the credit period. It seemed easily granted since she’d said it wasn’t a complicated spell and that she could grow more of the ingredient she’d used. The comment on luck made him smile faintly. He indeed felt very lucky that afternoon. To the point where he thought she might not take his secret that badly. Because if she didn’t care about him, her opinion of his weakened state would be neutral, and she wouldn’t try to cure him.

He returned the wallet to his inner pocket and followed her gaze to the door, thinking it was a hint for him to leave. He’d already straightened his posture to prepare himself for the goodbye when she spoke again, and his eyes drifted back to meet hers. A curious spark ignited in them as he could have sworn that she’d called herself stupid for thinking of him. It was very unlike her to admit. “Months, you say?” That small revelation was much more telling than the fact that she’d thought of him. Especially when he didn’t know what meaning he was supposed to put into that. If she’d been worried, or longing, or curious. If she thought of him with any ill feelings regarding why he’d left. If she solely thought of him because he was the closest she’d gotten to finding her dad. However, he also knew why she’d deemed such thoughts stupid to dwell on. Because she quite possibly never would know the answer.
You know, for someone who’s experienced what a mission with me is like, you’d think the desire for such knowledge would be nonexistent.” Wasn’t it just going to remind her of the horror she went through? Of how he’d coldly left and disregarded her wishes? Had a small part of her not been repulsed by his ease of violence and murder? Or did the part of her that found him interesting outweigh all of that? The darkness in him almost smiled at the possibility of it being true. Of course, it wasn’t to say that there weren’t better parts to his work. There was him jumping into the ocean to save her. There were a lot of times like that. But it wasn’t nearly as much as there were times of pain and death and guilt for those he couldn’t save.

I have not. Between me settling here because of my family’s presence, and the vast supernatural activity, I don’t think I could keep myself out entirely.” He wasn’t so sure whether she was trying to figure out what he had been doing or not. If she hinted at some specific incident in Gaia that he should have been involved with. Besides, he couldn’t reveal that he very much was trying to keep out of Gaia for the time being. He tilted his head as he looked at her, wondering why it mattered to her in the first place. If this was her trying to catch up with him. “What have you occupied your time with, Saga?” he asked, curious to know how she’d been since the last time they saw each other. Even if he hadn’t disclosed to have shared similar thoughts about her, he had found himself to be thinking about her a lot more than he thought he would.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyLør Jul 16, 2022 10:47 am

Her current image of Michael blurred ever so slightly and she tilted her head curiously once again however she didn’t say anything to it. Didn’t refuse him the option. She simply agreed silently and took the money that was handed to her, though her eyes did watch him closer for a good long moment - if that was even possible for her at that point. It was an obvious prejudge on her part since she likely didn’t even know Michael personally enough to make the assumption on a more personal level but she hadn’t expected him to be short like this. That was all. An innocent surprise. She did make a duly on it, though. Just a small one to place at the back of her mind to feed that feeling of off. Would there be more to feed it, then it could grow to demand more of her attention. And if not? Then surely it would fade into nothingness over time.
“Hmm,” she hummed and very unmistakeably passed over whatever inquiry he might’ve hope to gain regarding these ‘few months’. Or in which way she meant it by having openly admitted to stupidity. Although she could feel in the air surrounding him, that he discreetly fished for her to tell him more. Confusion then struck her and showed quite visibly in her face - and overall demeanour as she it was like her whole body reacted to the sheer absurdity of the statement he’d just voiced. She even had to blink a couple of times as if she wasn’t entirely sure she’d heard him correctly. That was what he was still thinking? That she’d want practically nothing to do with him. And why? Because of what she’d been through on this so-called mission she’d willingly chosen to tag along on? “You disappoint me, Michael.” The disappointed in her words themselves wasn’t half of what it’s been when she’d expressed her disappointment at the Winter Gala but still she felt a need to still say them out loud for him to know. She lifted up her index finger. “One — There is very little knowledge that I wouldn’t be interested in gaining, while it’s quite circumstantial.” One way or another the little witch practically had a craving to gain all knowledge. Her middle finger joined her index finger. “Two — Do you believe me to look back at Cuba in terror?” she asked in a tone that bordered onto judgemental. Offended, even. Because wasn’t that exactly what she felt? Offended. At least a little bit. “I’m not about to let anyone take over my body and invade my mind like that demon did - it wasn’t a pleasant involvement. Was I scared? No. Things like that doesn’t frightened me. It aggravate me. When my control and my choices are taken from me; I don’t much appreciate that. But it still doesn’t mean that I regret nor repent going with you.” She went silent, gently closed her lips as she still held stabile eye contact for a while to hopefully further her point. “I’ve even told you similarly before but it seems it hasn’t settled properly in that beautiful head of yours. Or I simply didn’t explain myself well enough.” Her middle finger lowered but let the index hang gently for a moment where she sort of tapped the air, sending a telekinetic pulse to land on his forehead that with some hopeful control of her power, wouldn’t feel much different than had her finger made physical contact.

She lowered her hand, taking a step back and turning away from him in a concurring movement and once again she walked behind the desk. His answer gave room for a very faint tug of her smile lines. I don’t think I could keep myself out entirely. Why did it sound so explicitly Michael? She’d expected to feel saddened by figuring out he’d been around still but.. that little source for inner chuckle must’ve overruled those feelings.
Stopping in front of the cash register - an absolute gorgeous vintage piece. Weathered bronze and with type writer keys. It wasn’t the kind that spit out a receipt. Instead, when a customer wanted on, it’d be magically conjured. Michael’s would have to wait for when he’d paid the remaining. In the meantime he’d be written for in the journal register. Her eyes were on it as she gave his question thought. The money drawer popped out with a mechanical pling. “Recovery in sort,” she answered earnestly as she divided the bills in their different slots, only glancing up at him in a fleeting second before dropping again. “I was caught in a troubling situation some time last year that - unfortunately - left me rather exposed. Had you come for my help this time last year; I might not have been of much help to you and your.. cause.” She pushed the drawer back in and finally, at the same time she flicked her head to get raven locks out of her face, she look back up at him. 
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTirs Jul 19, 2022 2:00 am

It was clear from the moment confusion showed in her expression that his assumption had been false. His brows rose subtly at this. Surely most people would feel a little horrified after something like that. Blame him for it getting as far as it did. Not want anything to do with him to avoid getting hurt again. But there was none of that. He tensed slightly when she expressed that she was disappointed in him. He hated those words. Now more than ever. It only reminded him of his father, and how no matter what he did, he was left with the feeling of disappointment. And who did she think she was to repeatedly express her disappointment in him, anyway? Why would she even bother to expect something of him? However, he still wanted to hear what she had to say, so he kept his composure, relaxed the muscles in his jaw, and listened to her.

Her reasoning was quick to get rid of the minor annoyance because for all this time he’d thought he’d impacted her life tremendously by being part of the reason she’d been through those experiences, and yet she didn’t regret going with him. It was honestly something he’d needed to hear. So, she’d spoken the truth when she’d said she was okay that night. A brief smile appeared on his lips when he felt the invisible finger tap against his forehead. In some way relieved to hear that she felt this way. Not that he felt so guilty about it now, but it did manage to lighten the air surrounding the encounter. “I sometimes convince myself of things that might not be true to make other things easier.” Telling himself that she was better off without him had helped him stay out of her life. And it wasn’t so odd that he made that decision considering his experience with people backing out once they realized how dangerous it was to be close to him. People with her views were the minority. “And I do regret it. No one should have to go through the things you were subjected to. I don’t know what I was thinking. I mean apart from growing a closer relationship with you. Helping you find your father so you’d continue to provide me with spells. There really isn’t a good reason for why I ever invited you.” Whenever possible Michael requested the help of fairies as they were the magic equivalent to angels. But they were weaker than witches when it came to more demanding spells, so he had to resort to them on occasion. And only a few of them were like Saga. It was only natural for him to want to improve their partnership. But it shouldn’t have to come at that great of a cost to her.

He stepped back from the desk as the witch walked around it, glancing up at Circe as he felt them glare at him from their position on the bookshelf. However, their exchange of glances was brief as Saga answered his question, and he returned his eyes to her. He was a little confused by what she meant by recovery. Because if it wasn’t related to their trip, he had no idea what she’d need recovery for. When she then mentioned some troubling situation, he furrowed his brows. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Had she not moments before told him that she’d stayed out of trouble? That she doubted she’d get in bad enough trouble to warrant a prayer? So, what incident had managed to leave her exposed, away from her shop, and in need of recovery? “What has happened?” He had a feeling it had something to do with the piece of her soul that was missing, but a lot could have happened over the course of seventeen months, so he tried not to draw any conclusions.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyTirs Jul 19, 2022 10:03 am

Growing a closer relationship. The little witch could relate to that reasoning if not only by the typical tactics associated with the kind of business she’d decided to busy her life with. The networking structure that was almost always necessary to either built something up from the bottom or at the very least keep something handed-over from crashing back to the ground. That small, specific train of thought reminded her of something else as well. “Haven’t you ever heard of the saying how apologies are like pulling bricks from a house? I believe regret is very similar to that too,” she asked with a sense of poised merriment, as if she was ever so slightly proud of being the one pointing these things out to him. Even if he wouldn’t take them close to heart. She had a feeling that barrier of guilt surrounding him was just too thick for anything to properly penetrate. She couldn’t tell Michael to not regret anything he’d ever done. They had and still did live very different life and she shouldn’t doubt to much that she wouldn’t have to actively convince her to not feel remorse for things going unfavourable to her if she was to be placed in his shoes. They were large shoes to fill, after all. However, something struck her like a tingle just there behind her ear, like when laying in tall grass and nature moved and breathed around you. The look in her eye turned more observant. They did always observer what they looked at but there was still a distinct switch when they seemed to caught on a little bit deeper. Easy to see if one knew what to look for.
He spoke of regret - and she had every right to believe him to be truthful but there was an altered curve to his tone when he said it that she couldn’t quite have to herself simply dispel as professional distancing for the sake of not bringing sombre emotions into a conversation.
“I won’t be joining you like that again so perhaps let that be a source of relief for you. While an experience.. -” She took a moment to breathe in and wet her lips. “My place isn’t in the spotlight. I’m not a front rower. You might remember what the lack of initial recognition gave me at the Winter Gala.” She referred to the incident with Mr. Hugo Riggs.That’s my place.” It had never been the case for her to be anything but that and she had known it long before Michael had stepped over the sill of her door that day - well - exactly two years ago on the day. She smiled gently, still with her unfading confidence emitting despite softening her features.

His sudden confusion upon her revealing what she’d been up to - although it really was a reaction that you’d expect when dropping a bomb like that - only resulted in her mirroring the confusion with an added bafflement. She’d clearly attempted to just sweep over it, probably convinced herself that it was something minor and thereby it should be so for other people too. But apparently not. She could tell herself that him and her had gone back to being strangers but… that wasn’t quite true.

Saga tried to keep looking at him but evidently had to glaze away by the thought of what had happened. And how to she should say it. Her arm moved across her body so to let her hand find space on the curve where her shoulder and neck joined, reaching towards her back, and she squeezed it lightly. “About a month after returning from Cuba, word had spread and I ended up in the claws of a man who gave me a choice. Work for him, or suffer the consequences of denying the offer. So, you can say that what has happened was me suffering the consequences.” A fluttering of wings as the protective familiar made her release the squeeze she had on her nape and she automatically looked to the crow that came from the shelve to stand on the desk and looked at her with worrisome, golden eyes. When looking to Michael, however, they weren’t much different than the suspicious leer from above the shelve. They weren’t sending darts his way just yet. Just watching him and not trying to hide it. “He managed to take my magic from me and if not ‘nothing’ what am I truly without it? It prolonged my stay for long enough that it took a … larger toll on me.” But she’d gotten out in the end. That was her victory. Her proof that her beliefs in no regret - such as regretting to have told Calvin Ambrose no - bore significance.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyOns Jul 20, 2022 1:53 am

It was easy for her to say that. She had no idea what it felt like to carry even a fraction of his burdens. If he never apologized or regretted his actions when he’d strayed too far from his principles and morals, he would be an empty shell. Contrition was as natural for him as it was for any angel. And frankly, he’d fallen a long time ago if he lacked that. It wasn’t the same as him not being capable of pretending to be void of emotion, or confident when he knew that he was right. If she couldn’t see that guilt was a part of being an empathetic being, then he didn’t know what to say to her. But it certainly made him wish he’d never initiated such a conversation with her. Because regret wasn’t the same as shame. It wasn’t weakness. It didn’t mean he didn’t see the good or the necessity of their sacrifices during that time. But mistakes had been made, and he had to own up to those. More importantly, he thought she’d care that he was feeling bad about the pain she was put through. But her reactions to every single attempt he’d made to express he cared about her, made him wonder why he ever had done so in the first place. There was no reason for him to waste time apologizing to someone who didn’t even see a need for it. Who ignorantly asked an archangel if he hadn’t heard of a simple metaphor. And for the first time, when he looked into those blue eyes, it seemed that he really saw the witch for who she was.
When she said that she wouldn’t be joining him on a trip again, he was only glad to hear it. That they were on the same page regarding that. “Good.” A brief smile passed his lips at that. It was what he’d wanted since the day he left. Them returning to doing business inside the four walls of this shop. Anything else just complicated things. The Winter Gala was the first glimpse into that, but the trip to Cuba had only made it that much more evident.

The mirrored surprise on her expression was curious, to say the least. As if she genuinely hadn’t thought he’d ask further about it. And well, truth was, he didn’t really care to know more. They all went through ordeals that they needed recovery for. He’d much rather not dwell on that part of life. Not now. But if he were to continue playing his character well, he knew that he had to act concerned when she revealed something like that. Particularly when her safety had been the primary reason for his absence.  
His gaze stayed patiently with her, knowing how difficult it was to talk about things like that, and he wasn’t going to push the topic if she didn’t want to talk about it. But then she did, and he narrowed his eyes as she started off by saying that word had spread after Cuba, leading him to believe it was related to their trip. But it wasn’t easy to let that reality sink in. Let alone find the words to express what he thought about it. He briefly lowered his eyes to Circe as they moved to the desk to get closer to their witch, listening to her talk about the incident. She didn’t have to go into details for Michael to know that it had been very serious. There was a vast difference in her from the time in that farmhouse to now.
And as if no time had passed since their closeness back in Cuba, he stepped around the desk to wrap his arms around her. One hand against the back of her head as he pressed her close to his chest. Another resting on the middle of her back. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered as he held her, not really knowing why he hadn’t just stayed on the other side. She’d not reacted well to his empathy before, so why should she now? She might push him away for all he knew. But he wanted her to know that he was there for her. Because that was the kind of person he was. Deep underneath the current darkness coursing through him. The same darkness that made his hands feel incredibly warm against her body. His temperature shifted from extreme cold to extreme heat so often that he barely took notice of it anymore. “Was it one of those demons?” He pulled slightly away, extending his arms so he could look at her. “God, Saga. How much of your soul did they take?” His eyes were filled with compassion as he looked into her eyes, then down her body, as if he were to discover some injuries he wouldn’t already have noticed. The missing pieces of her soul were undoubtedly only one of many consequences she’d had to endure. It had to be. “How did you get away?” he then asked as he removed his hands from her body. He could only imagine what a prolonged stay meant, but he had a feeling it was far more than a couple of days.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptySøn Jul 24, 2022 4:54 pm

She’d seen him curve around the table. Observed him walk that very small distance towards her. And still she hadn’t anticipated the embrace and it stunned the little witch for but a small moment. Halting her in her unconscious attempt to step back as a flight reaction had automatically occurred in her. But she’d gotten to do nothing more than put one foot slightly behind her before he caught her in his arms and pulled her into him, leaving her eyes-wide while her mind processed what was happening. In an instant it felt as if her shoulder’s drop although they hadn’t been the least bit tense moment prior and she became much more aware of her breathing. Perhaps the latter was due to how his chest against hers created a new sense of pressure but she could still make out the rhythm that usually was so natural that you never really thought about it.

The low, gentle sound of his empathy was what settled the puzzling paralysis back down and both her gaze and head tilted ever so slightly down. With how he cradled her head with his hand and held it into him, she’d only have had to tilt a little more for her forehead to rest against his sturdy body. He was warm - like a hot water jug or wrapped coals under the blankets in the freezing winter. It was strange how it sent her back those many years away from the modern time. And must like a warm soak sent a chill through the body, so did his embrace. Right up her spin and over her arms, raising goose bumps in its path which then disappeared after it had passed.
Her arms lifted - not carefully as if they were unsure but simply floating like they had the time to not rush - and while they didn’t fold around him in a similar blanket hug like his, they still connected and accepted the embrace by resting first one hand on the his waist and then another moving to curl around his corresponding upper arm. Gentle touch, nothing like the clinging she’d presented before however there was this sense of desperation that was shared between the two. A depravity of sorts. The statement of Michael having reverted back to a stranger in her life must’ve been a lie because needle pricks of that hurt that one would expect her to have felt when a closer companion left prodded in her in that moment. That hurt that came from actually caring. That hurt that was soothed by his unexpected visit. And this even more unexpected showcase of affection.
As he tugged away, her hand on his upper arm glided down to instead rest by the lower part and upon looking at him, she shook her head. The other hand moved to wrap around her own torso. “He wasn’t any of the demons from Cuba. Although - he did have involvement with the drug’s production. I can’t say if he still does.” She shouldn’t have been as surprised by him knowing about the state of her soul as she got. Of course someone like Michael would notice. Seeing - or sensing - that part of a person came with the job, didn’t it? She licked her lips; a faint reaction to discomfort of the topic. “Nearly all of it,” she said with a slightly lower volume, one that bordered to a whisper. “Thanks to a part of my soul which someone had stored safely, the speed and possibility of recovering and regenerating it from what was left would have been very slim I assume. It still not whole yet so I’m told that it explains my more apparent apathy.” In case he’d felt it. “But a ripped soul doesn’t leave marks after healing so my vanity despises the visible scars he gave me much more.” Poised anger flickered in her cool ocean blue eyes as they linked up with his. Again; she covered up fright with wrath. Like she was still lingering somewhat in the second stage of grief.

Even though Michael made move to let go of her, that hand that had rested by his underarm and then grabbed hold to the dirty and frayed sleep with her thumb and index finger. The white crow didn’t seem to have like the closeness between the two but had kept it bottled for the time only to then start clicking their tallows against the wooden desk. “I-..” The clicking stopped Saga momentarily to look to her familiar in confusion. “Calvin Ambrose is a calculated and meticulous demon but his arrogance start to blur his attention to detail when he gets comfortable. Or destressed.” She effortlessly resumed her reply while another part of her mind still tried to make out the strange behaviour and feel of her familiar which gave her words a hint of absence. She didn’t even think anything of it that she’d given the name of her perpetrator so casually. “Eventually he didn’t check for cracks in the chain that kept me from using magic and one day it left just enough of one for me to activate a teleportation spell.”
A flap of wings and the bird flew the short distance to the witch’s shoulder. As they landed, she let go of the sleeve instantly as if she’d burned herself. “Perhaps we shouldn’t talk about this here,” she sighed a bit breathy.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptySøn Aug 14, 2022 3:49 am

The line between pretending and feeling blurred as he imagined what she must have gone through. And wasn’t it for the discomfort of the darkness shoving his emotions back, he would have embraced her for longer. However, when she said the demon nearly had taken her whole soul the fight was temporarily lost. His pupils expanded in horror at the thought of her death before he lowered them to better recollect himself. Listening to her explain something about having a part of her soul stored. Normally abhorring the idea. But if it had come down to the demon taking it all, that stored part of her soul might have been the only thing that could have saved her. His gaze shot back to her as she revealed that she had visible scars as well, not helping nightmarish images from rushing forward. But the anger and sadness he’d expected to feel were significantly dimmed. Her story mingled with thousands he’d heard before. “Those scars are a sign you were stronger than whoever gave them to you.” His thumb brushed along the skin of her arm before letting go. “And if you find that your soul isn’t restoring itself to its former state, I know of people who can help.” It wasn’t much, but it was what little comfort he could offer her. There was no way for him to change the past, so even though he regretted not leaving her sooner, for not doing what it took to prevent something like this from happening, he had to think of the present.

I only left because I thought it would spare you from experiencing that kind of torment again.” A shadow grasped around his heart. The disease despised the sentimentally and was fighting to regain its control from the light she brought forth in him. He swallowed as he looked down at the arm she was holding, knowing he didn’t make it easier by admitting this. Of course, there were other reasons for making that decision. But for once he didn’t feel as if he ought to leave. He wasn’t influenced by those same obligations. His green eyes found hers again, a trace of a smile on his lips. “I’m just glad to see that you got out and that you’re going to try to stay out of the spotlight. I would hate to lose your help to popular demand.” If word spread about her services, and character, he’d not be able to show up like he had today. The unpredictable nature of his work didn’t often allow the patience for appointments.

Calvin Ambrose.
Was he the one who had taken her? It wasn’t long after he’d freed Elenora that Calvin had left the motel to escape, so she had to have been his captive around the same time. Realizing this, he felt incredibly grateful for his lack of a guilty conscience. “I was looking for him last year, but he’d gone into hiding by that point.” As much as he wanted him to suffer for what he’d done, he’d quickly become less of a threat to the angels for this reason. When demons like that hid from them, it was a sign that they valued their own life too much to do something overtly reckless. It didn’t mean that they were going to stop looking for him. It just meant he had become a lower priority. “Do you think he is going to hurt you again?” He didn’t seem the type to be that foolish, but she might have a better idea of this than him. And if she was concerned about the possibility, he’d do about anything to protect her from it. It was the least he owed her for dragging her into the claws of those demons in the first place.

[It had been such a peaceful couple of months. The angels had seemed to have accepted his plans of hiding, concluding that he wasn’t as much of a threat anymore. And then, for the first time in over a year, he heard it. His given name. The wires that he was supposed to connect to a patient snapped in his grip, his knuckles white with anger. It didn’t take him long to decipher who she’d revealed it to either, fueling his wrath trifold. He turned on the spot to face the hybrid he was supposed to conduct testing on. “I’m sorry, Sarah, but we’ll have to reschedule. Something important just came up.” He placed a hand on her back and nudged her out of the room before he closed the door and leaned against it. His hand let go of the door handle to instead rake through his hair. He didn’t have to say anything for her to feel the emotion-driven thoughts that overwhelmed his mind, surely overtaking hers for those few first moments. Likely distracting her thoughts as his own became louder. It was enough for her to know that he’d heard her. To know that he was filled with hatred and anger and a need for revenge. Until it went pitch-black. An onyx wall growing tall between their minds, blocking out his succeeding thoughts.]

Michael stepped back when Circe landed on the witch’s shoulder, the same instant she’d let go of his sleeve. Not questioning why she’d suggest talking about it elsewhere. Instead, he just nodded his acceptance. He didn’t think Calvin would know that they were talking about him, and he was confident her magic made the shop safe from intrusion or spying. But if she didn’t want to talk more about it here, he had to believe she had her reasons.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong EmptyFre Sep 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Only those observant, deep blue eyes of her looking at him, unwavering and calm, and they spoke no hints of what had gone through her mind upon him admitting to at least know of the demon as well as placing him in a time frame not quite small enough to ensure for sure his placement at the motel while she’d been there too. She’d likewise made the decision to not comment on it. “I’m convinced he’d want to. I hurt his pride when I got away - I saw it; in his eyes - and much like he hurt mine, horribly, and how that makes me think purely of him with wrath and revenge emerging, I’ll have to guess it likely being the same for him.” It had been dark then. When she’d managed to escape. The very first night following a new moon and had the chains been compromised the day before, she’d probably not have survived. Or at least, she’d have been stuck in Calvin Ambrose’s grip for longer. But despite the darkness that night, she had the image of the demon’s smug face dropping imprinted in her mind like a trophy. It was a twinkling solace in the rest of the memories from that time. “I’m not concerned that he’ll actually return to finish his.. meal, though,” she said while shaking her head lightly.
Saga knew that it would be foolish for the demon to get anywhere near her as of then. She also knew that he knew. She had him in her head, after all. He’d been smart enough to keep her magically incompetent for a reason and the tricked that had worked on getting her to that point wouldn’t work as easily. Besides, she wasn’t the only one around her with guards up, that he had to worry about.

Then suddenly – He was there.
The sensation she’d felt, that had spike worry of the demon’s presence in her head, from before was instantly proven to not have been him at all. Because this time she was not in doubt. The anger was so borderless that she felt her own blood boil and for a moment did Michael’s company turn into provocation. And somewhere behind that, crippled innate fear like goosebumps in the back of her neck. What became visible to the archangel in front of her, was the way her jaw locked up completely. It wasn’t even discreet. Neither was the sharp breath she’d taken and then held until- … Well, until it passed. Entirely. The disconnect was something she’d not felt in over a year and much like a strong feeling of light-headedness upon standing up too quickly, she had to close her eyes and furrow her brows as she finally let go of her breath. She fought against a staggering. She’d already done so in front of Michael once. She didn’t need that kind of weakened display to occur again. She didn’t need the pity from Michael…

Carefully, she opened her eyes again with skittish eyelids and found focus again. Then before she could give Michael a proper opportunity to show concern or ask what might had happened, she walked past him, gently grazing his arm with her own, and started leading him up the spiral staircase. She stopped shortly on one of the first steps to look at him, check if he was following in case, he was apprehensive to intrude. He should know what was on the floor above; her private home. He’d been there before, though, so surely, he wouldn’t feel weird about getting invited up there again.
“You’re untrackable but you’re not invisible if someone was to look through the windows. Best to make the shop seem closed for business too, if you should stay unnoticed,“ she mentioned as she turned back around and continued up the stairs. The white crow on her shoulder moved in place on her shoulder so instead of looking forward, the same way their witch did, they could look back – back at Michael with their beady golden eyes, shimmering like glitter in thick water. This behavior was a bit more obvious to Saga. Rather; it was obvious enough for the person on the receiving end wouldn’t be able to not make note of it, so she felt a need to address it.
Without turning around or stopping her ascend she said: “Circe holds onto a grudge more tightly than I but give them time and they should stop glaring at you like they have. They won’t do anything but I’d keep watch of your hand for the time being if you feel an urge to reah out towards them.” A little cheek couldn’t be helped as she glanced behind her, over the free shoulder, just as she reached the first floor.

The living space looked unchanged from the time those two years ago. The table stood in the same place. The plants were the same, if not slightly larger or greener or fuller. No new pictured. No new small decorations. At least not any that stood out. The only difference to the kitchen was a small amount of dishes drying on a rack beside the sink.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: [Retracted] me wrong   [Retracted] me wrong Empty

[Retracted] me wrong
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Wrong place at the wrong time, kiddo - Odette
» Wrong place, wrong time. (TW)