Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Perfectly wrong

Go down 
2 deltagere
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Imogen

Imogen

Antal indlæg : 68

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Dedicated to @Clay

Date | 23 of December
Time | around 3 pm
Weather | it’s a real holiday weather, with snow outside and very cold
Surroundings | warm and nice atmosphere, kids and adults are making Christmas decorations
Attire | A Christmas hat, and a knitted sweater and jogging pants.

A warm laugh left Birdie as she showed her Christmas star to Olive that immediately criticized it as one of the worst Christmas stars she had ever seen before. At least the small nine-year-old girl was quick to show her how it was done, and they were now producing folded stars in vast varieties, in colors and sizes. She had asked if she was allowed to go home, as she felt so much better. Was taking her medicine and was able to be up a whole day without wanting to sleep and not do anything than sitting and looking out the window. But since she didn’t have anyone that could take care of her at home, and that in the holidays, there was a tendency to multiply in people committing suicide, they had decided she should stay at least till after New Year’s Eve. Which was okay, then she was among people that wanted her here. They had even talked about giving out presents in the common room the 25th of December, for those of the admitted that was stable enough.

Now the last thing she had thought today, was that one of the nurses would come and tell her that she had a visitor. She looked towards Olive, that was very occupied with making hearts instead of stars now. She stood up and walked along, she was quite sure she had agreed with Willson he would come with his daughter the 26th after he had been able to celebrate Christmas with his family. And there hadn’t been anyone else to visit her. Of course, there had been a reason most of the time, as they vetted most of the visitors making sure that she would be able to handle meeting them. Maybe it was Willson just making sure she was okay. “I showed him to your room” Birdie pressed her brows together; she didn’t know this nurse so maybe she just thought she knew who it was. She stepped into her room, and she felt like all air left her. Well, it wasn’t Willson. She pulled off the red and white Christmas hat and hugged it in her hands. “Hi” she said with a meek voice and had to clear her throat as she clearly was very confused with him being here. “Fancy meeting you here” Looking down at her hands and then back up, she just said the first and best thing coming to mind “Merry Christmas” she let out a small laugh, but it quickly disappeared. Almost afraid that she was going crazy because it wasn’t him, or he might just be there to tell her something had happened to a person they both loved. Forcing him back to her, in one way or another. The last thing she actually thought, was him being here of his own free will, because, why would he? “Has something happened?” she then asked, licking her lips nervously “are you okay?” still keeping her distance.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.
Antal indlæg : 151

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Last month, Primrose had been in his face regarding the entire situation with Josephine. Well, he had at least thought about it back then, and followed up on where she was and how she was doing. He had asked Willson, whom for some reason was visiting her? It didn't make sense in Clayton's head. Then some weeks after, more or less few days ago under the full moon where he had been called by a very distressed Lucas because of Cecilia being in danger. It was something about that worry, that distress that also made him realize that life was so fragile and short - maybe not for him, but for the people around him, it could be over in a heart beat - if you weren't quick enough, it could take one snap and someone was pulled away from you. And that sole reason had been enough for him to actually end up insisting on having them let him inside. Even if they weren't sure it was a good idea, he had manipulated his way in. He had even put on a Christmas tie that looked like a Christmas tree - just to fit the Holiday theme. Clay even almost got ambushed by a few children running from one room to the other, before he was guided towards Josephine's room.

He had gotten inside, and looked around. The entire space carried her scent, and the mixed emotion that followed in the undertone of her being here. Clay took a deeper breath in and sat down in a chair, waiting - all he could do was wait. The hybrid was rather quick to notice the moment she was getting closer, he could hear her footsteps, smell her scent coming in closer towards the room which made him sit up a bit more straight. His eyes caught hers, and he wasn't in the unclear that he had taken her by a surprise. "Hey," he breathed out, surprised by just how overwhelmed he was by seeing her again. It hadn't been the best way they parted last time, he had been overthrown by the memory he had been shown - completely shattered by it. Clay breathed out, "Merry Christmas," he folded his lips a little bit and held his breath for a moment. It was the first Christmas in years where they hadn't decorated the house - even if the cold was something else entirely compared to the Christmas on the beach they usually had. "Nothing happened," he assured her with a small smile, before shaking his head a little. "Yeah, I just wanted to see you," he confessed, feeling his heart skip a small beat ahead.

Clay looked a little down, his left hand finding the tie. "I dressed up for the occasion," he said knowing it was a pointless addition to the conversation. He had had time to think, and restore the events and conversations in his head. "How are you feeling?" He sincere asked looking back at her.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 4:23 pm

She could feel how her shoulders lost the tension that had been building while waiting for him to tell her if something had happened. What made her loss breath, was the fact that he added the fact that he just wanted to see her. She had to use every strength to not ask why. Nia had made it very clear she should stay away, but it was hard staying away when he actively sought her out. But she kept standing in the doorway. Not getting to close, not overwhelming her and tried to keep her mind very clear. Not thinking about anything that could make him tap in, unconsciously because her thoughts where to loud to ignore. Not knowing what to say, a silence formed around them as she let her eyes follow his movements of his hands as it found the tie he was wearing. A soft chuckle left her. “I can see that” she said with a soft voice waving a little with her own Christmas addition she had been having on. “Me too” she added, not really looking at him before he asked how she was feeling. Birdie looked up and took in a deep breath. How was she? She lifted one of her shoulders towards her ear, thinking about what she should say. “Better” she told him, letting her eyes find his again. “They will let me out after New year’s Eve, they would have let me out before but, since I don’t live with anyone that could guarantee that I would be looked after, they thought it was for the best” she added, letting a soft hum leave her “It’s been good, getting help and Willson has been coming by, just talked with me and even brought his daughter – it was nice” she had no idea what to say, because she wanted nothing to ask what this meant. Why he was here, why he wanted to see her. But she wasn’t sure she would like the answer, so she talked about anything else, why she ended up hugging herself with her arms standing in the doorway.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Humør : When you feel the blood rush in, you tell yourself that you're gonna get through it; that you're strong enough. Yes, yes - no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off. You bury it.

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 4:56 pm

She was feeling better. That was good news, he was happy about hearing that. Clay listened after she said that they wanted to let her out after New Year's Eve, which was good, it at least meant they thought she was doing better - and it wasn't something she just said not to make him feel less guilty. Both of them had their darkness, Clay's came in the shape of what he was trying to manifest in the worst possible ways. It hadn't made it easier never meeting your father till now, far from and Clay wasn't angry at his mother for it, he knew she had tried to find him - but also known there was a reason why the search hadn't taken her further. Besides, of course Clay had heard stories - he even reckoned Elias had said a few things once or twice that he perhaps shouldn't have said to Clay, bit it was just how thing were. "That's good news," he replied softly and took a deeper breath in. Sad yes that she didn't have a place to go, and a part of him wanted to open his arms and say she could come with him - but it wasn't that easy, wasn't it? At least she said it had been good, getting help. Then she mentioned Willson, who he knew had bene by - just talking with her. Clay took a smaller breath in, well, he was still trying to figure out what to make of this Willson person - well, Ash liked him, which said a lot - and Clay wasn't about to make it to Ash' bad list.

"That does sound rather nice," he breathed slowly out with a little nod. "I'm sorry about how I reacted last time," Clayton then breathed out and folded his hands in front of him. Well, he hadn't known at first that Nia had taken his side in all of this and made sure that they transferred Josephine at first. It had been mixed feelings on the matter when he had found out, but he also knew that there were somethings that she needed to work out, that he couldn't help her with. "It's weird not being back home for Christmas," he chuckled a little bit, "it's so freaking cold, huh?" Not that he minded the cold, it was just different. He was from France, it wasn't like it wasn't cold there as well.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 5:56 pm

She nodded slowly, moving her arms around, starting to pick at the sleave of her sweater she was wearing. It was nice, but she didn’t really know how to act or be around Clay at this point. Having voices in her head tell her that she had ruined him, and that she didn’t even deserve him being here. While she tried to battle them. Because she knew that they weren’t true, that circumstances had been bad for them, but in the end, things had ended because it had been time for them to end and they couldn’t do anything about that anymore. Other than to move on and live another life without each other in it. No matter how much she wished for it not to be try. Even though she still wished and daydreamed before going to sleep, how their life could have been had she never gone off to that tour in Iraq. They would have a child know, preparing their house for Christmas. It gave her chills just thinking about it. She shook her head. “Don’t apologize” she whispered, almost beggingly. “I should, be the one apologizing, I should never have gone after you like I did, you deserved much better than that” she quickly added giving him half a smile, strained with the pain she was feeling.

He then changed the topic on home, she looked down, that might be the most painful subject of all. But she forced a smile and fought through it. “Yeah, it really is different here” she spoke, having never been in these parts before, only been in Iraq and the middle east and then Brisbane, or when they had travelled around in Australia. His family had mostly come to them. “Not that I have been much out these past weeks, and it is beautiful to look at from the window” she nodded towards the window that she had been sitting and looking out at. At least she had ditched the wheelchair now. Wanting to walk instead of just doing, nothing. “I’m guessing that work is even more packed now that the holidays are starting?” she asked, knowing that people always managed to get themselves hurt when snow and winter came around. The same with Holidays.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 6:18 pm

He knew it was painful, because it was painful for him too. Clay knew he hadn't been listening to what she had told him, he hadn't had an open heart to any detail of what she had tried to do - because he had been angry and in pain. But with his ability, it wasn't only other peoples memories he could search through. It was also his own, every single little detail leading up to the point where things had done wrong. How things had gotten even worse after he had shut off anything she had said to him since she had gotten back here - but he had revisited the place, the time, and he had listened. It was a rather new level of overthinking, but who was going to tell him that when most people didn't even realize what he could do. "Yeah, one of my friends had an accident the other day," he breathed a little bit out thinking back to bloody Kevin. He was sure after both him and Ash had lectured him, Nia had given him the stare as well - well of course he had left Cecilia out in the middle of a full moon - who bloody did that? Stupid Kevin. "One of our newest doctors left my friend Cecilia out on the road, leading her to be hunted and bitten by a rouge werewolf," he breathed out a little heavy and shook his head. Now Cecilia wasn't just his friend, she was family somewhere down the line and he had informed Zoe the second he knew Cecilia had been bitten - not giving a newly turned werewolf her best options from the start could make everything work out more smoothly - so Clay wanted to make sure Cecilia got the best help, and what better help than their family. "But yeah, we are quite busy - well it is my busiest time of the year, people just keep on breaking their bones," he chuckled a little bit. Well, of course Clay worried about Cecilia, but it wasn't like Josephine had to worry about it. It was funny how it just clicked for him for a moment, just talking about what he had experienced lately as he would've done back when they had lived together. Just talking without putting to much thought into what he was saying other than what he wanted to say.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 6:49 pm

He started to explain that one of his friends had gotten hurt. She walked over to her bed, not far from where he had placed himself and sat down. Pulling one leg towards her, so she could place her head against the knee. So, something had happened, to make him come here. “What?” she breathed out in disbelief; someone had just left Cecilia out there to fight for herself? On a full moon. She shook her head, and let her tongue run over her lips. “What a way to start the Holidays, by being bitten by a rouge, getting your whole life turned upside down like that” she whispered, clearly feeling very empathic that something like that had happened to anyone. And then Cecilia of all people. Not that she could remember that they had ever met each other, but she knew off her. Just like she had known about Nia before ever meeting her in person. “I hope she gets through it well, and that she has people around her that can help her” even though she didn’t need him to answer, to already know that he had made sure of it. That was who he was, even though so many only saw him as the species he was. He was just like her, good and better than most people that weren’t even cursed by their legacy or how events had altered them. He had always been one of the best people she had known. “So, you and Nia, have you finally figured things out?” she asked, feeling how pain spread through her heart knowing that he loved someone else. And that someone clearly loved him too. “I know I ruined it by showing up, but you have talked together, yeah? Figured things out?” because, despite the pain, of knowing that it would never be them again. He deserved to be happy and find someone that would love him and cherish him.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm

He nodded a bit, it was a horrible way to start the Holidays - at least Ash had been generous enough to give her the time she needed to be off duty, which sometimes was even worse, especially to people in their profession always striking to attempt to make the world better, and being stuck at home feeling like they couldn't put their hands to good use - it was one of the worst thing you could put a doctor through. Therefor, Clay once again nodded a bit as Josephine mentioned she hoped that she had people around her to help her. He would make sure of it. He didn't even care if Lucas meant Cecilia would be better of in the hands of his friend who was an alpha, Clay would much rather Cecilia was around people who for sure knew what they were doing.

You and Nia, he pressed his brows a little bit together. Odd enough how her time at the hospital had started out with them having their fake relationship, and him falling for her - because who couldn't possibly not fall in love with Nia? But then, after some time, perhaps it had been more the thought  of being in love again and something was perfect - even if it had been pretend. "You didn't ruin anything," he breathed out scratching the back of his head. "Nia and I, we were never really together - it was more of a way to make her parents stop her from trying to set her up with a ton of guys," he informed and breathed out. "I care about her a lot, but we are just friends who look out for each other," he added with a warm smile turning his eyes back to Josephine.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 8:26 pm

She couldn’t help but look surprised by the fact that it had been pretend. That they were only friends that looked out for one another. Mostly, because it had looked so real. And you had to be blind not to think that they suited each other. But it also warmed her heart, which made her curse inside of her head. Because she shouldn’t be happy that it meant he wasn’t seeing anyone. She had made a promise, to Nia and herself. Even if never spoken out loud. That she would stop this foolish mission of getting him back. Showing him that they were better together. True love meant being able to let go, even when you wanted to fight. Especially when you knew, that fighting for it, would only cause more harm than good. She returned his warm smile, and leaned her head a little to the left, still resting it on her knee. “Well, I would be lying if I said that it wouldn’t hurt the day that you finally was with someone else, because, I think it kind a comes with the fact of loving someone” she licked her lips, giving him a small smile “But I’m also a little sad to hear that you aren’t together with someone, because you really do deserve only the best, and someone that can take care of you and love youespecially since I can’t do it anymore. She turned her head towards the door, as she heard laughing and then singing from the common room. A genuine and soft smile formed on her lips, almost forgetting that she was sitting in her room with Clay only a few steps away.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Clay had wanted it. To be with someone else, to not feel hurt anymore or heart broken. Not feel the burning rage that was so easy to trigger. Nia had helped with that. Keeping him grounded. But it just wasn't the same. It had been a hurricane of getting her back from Iraq, because things had been so different, but also his time in being worried while waiting for her to come back home. He had been out of his mind, not being able to get there. What was the worse thing than a man just trying to get to the woman he loved, but couldn't, couldn't be the one to keep her safe? So maybe, it had been easy for him to let her push him away, because he had been over his head, not knowing what to do by the end of it, not understanding how she was coping - how he was coping. "I've been very angry at you, you know," he clicked his tongue a little bit. "I don't want to be angry anymore," Clay breathed out giving her a small smile.

Clayton took a deeper breath in, "So, I have a suggestion," he then confessed but by the look of the small soft smile on his lips, it wasn't anything bad. "What about if you want, we start over? Take a clean slate, and just take one day at the time?" He breathed slowly out, not knowing if it was anything she wanted, or if she simply wanted to start over without him. However, Clay thought to at least come with the idea - because now he was at least able to get to that place.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 8:52 pm

She couldn’t help but let out soft sad chuckle, when he told her that he had been very angry at her. She knew that, and she also understood why. Through therapy, she had also gotten to the conclusion that he might have been angrier at the situation that she had put them in. Leaving for Iraq, her mission going so wrong, that it had ended up with her getting kidnapped. Some of her group had gotten killed, and the family to those had been left in the dark for so long. None of them knowing if any one of them would come home. And what came home, hadn’t been the same people that had left. She was happy to know that he didn’t want to be angry anymore.

Start over

She leaned up and looked at him with big eyes. What did, start over mean? It could mean so many things. But after a while just watching him, she stood up. Walked towards him, and then she placed herself on her knees in front of him. She put out her hand. “Hello, my name is Birdie, but most people know me under the name Josephine and friends call me Josie” she introduced herself, with a charming and slightly cheeky smile. The one she had worn when she had first invited him out for coffee after they had released her from the hospital. “So, I hear there is a Christmas party outside, want to join me in making horrible paper hearts and stars?” she asked, standing up still with his hand in hers.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 9:07 pm

Clay didn't know himself what he meant by it, but knew it could mean what ever they wanted it to mean. Then, she stood up and walked towards him. His eyes following her movements with a gentle look, as she placed herself on her knees in front of him, before reaching out her hand. Clay couldn't help but chuckle a little as she presented herself, well, this was out to a good start. "Well a pleasure, my name is Clayton, though most people prefer to call me Clay," he took her hand, giving it a softer squeeze not quite letting go at first. Perhaps because this was the first time in a while where they had been in the same room, and they actually had managed to just talk without any judgment or  frustration, the first time he actually had let himself take her hand, and feel the softness of her skin against his.

Then she invited him to the Christmas party out front, which made him chuckle a little. "Oh yes, that does sound completely like something within my level of competence," Clayton laughed a little, well he could make a decent star, as long as he had a recipe to go from - but perhaps it was just the logical part of it, having to follow step by step. Then he stood up, looking in her eyes, getting lost in them for a moment as he took a deeper breath in. For a second letting his hand move up and move a lock of her hair behind her ear. "You should remember your Christmas hat, it's very important," he spoke with a lower voice giving her a softer smile.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 9:18 pm

A soft giggle left her, as he told her his name. More so when he told her that it sounded like something he could do. Or as he put it, within his level of competence. She remembered how easily she had fallen in love with him back in the day. Why it all had gone so fast before she had dying to be his wife and spend the rest of her life with him. It all seemed like a lifetime away. As their eyes caught each other, she knew that he would be able to hear just how he affected her. The jump in her heart, and it picked up speed. Damn him, and his gorgeous smile and laugh. Even more so when he let his fingers catch some locks of her hair and pushed it behind her hair. At this point she had to remember herself to breathe.

Ah yes! My Christmas hat!” she laughed, and turned around taking it from the bed and placed it on top of her already messed up hair. She turned around and made a little ‘tada’ with her hands towards her head. Then she took his hand once again and started walking out of the room. Not really being able to handle the tension in the room, that would ultimately push her towards doing stupid things. They had just agreed, not with so many words. But they had agreed to start over, and that meant take one day at a time. See where it would lead them. They got back into the room, and some of the children that had already met Clay cheered that he finally joined them to make Christmas decoration. Olive called her over, to show her just how many hearts she had been able to do while Birdie had been gone. “Wow, these are so good Olive!” she cheered, looking at them, before sitting down taking up her star that still needed much caring and love to look decent.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 9:33 pm

She turned around, their hands finally letting go as she got over and placed the hat back on her head. Clay couldn't help but letting out another chuckle, and nodded a little bit. "Perfect." He then followed her out to the common room, seeing all the children laughing around, it made him smile right away. He was waved over by some of the girls who cheered and begged for him to come make some Christmas stars with him, which he quickly surrendered to do, and sat down by the table next to them. Clay found some of the paper and looked at the back of the package to recall how to make the stars, but the young girls insisted on showing him how it was done, so he let the kids, looking back shortly to see what Josephine was up to, chuckling a bit as one of the more bossy young girls placed her hand on his cheek, to move his head in the attention on what they were showing him.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Birdie    Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 9:49 pm

She couldn’t remember when the last time had been she had been having so much fun. It had been a while, that was for sure. She was smiling, sometimes laughing so much that she almost cried. Talked nonsense with Olive, while letting stolen glances direct towards Clay as he was sitting with two very bossy girls that really wanted his attention. At some point, their parents came, and the small gathering seemed to drizzle out, with only some the people staying at the ward was back, reading, drinking some mulled wine without alcohol in it. It was nice, almost making her forget that she was even here in the first place. She had invited Clay to sit with her in the couch, in front of the fake fireplace that had been put on for today’s events. With the very tacky and plastic Christmas decorations that probably had been there for over twenty years. And then of course the newly made stars and hearts they had made today. Looking towards Clay, she gave him a soft smile, pulling her legs up into the couch, folding them to the side of her. “The parents faces were priceless as the daughter asked if she could take you home” she laughed, shaking her head, giving him a soft and sweet smile. “I forgot how good you are with kids” she chuckled, looking down at her cop of hot coffee that was resting in between her hands.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 9:57 pm

He had sat down breathing out, finally being free, or it was nice. There was something heart warming about making other people's day better - which also was one of the reasons why he did what he did. He wanted to help people. A laugh escaped him, "oh yeah -" he shook his head a little bit. It wasn't the first time he had gotten that comment at work. But this was also different, this was sitting and connecting with someone through doing something - it was a while since he had sat down with any child and done something like this. Clay took a sip of his coffee looking towards her, to her next comment. "It's not like I had much of a chance really, those girls clearly knew what they wanted - and they for sure knew how to get it," Clay pointed out once again letting out a laughter. "Oh yeah, this was nice," he confessed with a warm smile.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyMan Dec 06, 2021 10:35 pm

She rolled her eyes with a big toothy smile on her lips. “It’s because you are irresistible, of course she wanted you home with her” she joked, letting her smile fall into a more tender one. Moving her eyes from him towards the fake fireplace, feeling a little caught and embarrassed with what she had just said out oud. But she couldn’t help but falling back into the old ways, when she was this comfortable with him. It was hard to start fresh, but she was determined to make it work.

I got a job offer” she said, looking towards him. “Which is rather odd, given the place that I’m stuck right now” she looked around, before turning her gaze towards him again. “But apparently they have a unite here in Athena, that evolves around supernatural criminals, and I was offered a position to be on that team, which would mean I could leave Interpol” she let her tongue glide over her lips, it also meant she could work with Primrose when she finally got her live back into order. Which reminded her that she needed to write, call or something to let her now that she was okay. One step at a time.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 9:00 am

Perhaps it was easier said than done, starting over, it was hard starting over with someone whom you loved. Despite all the pain and heart ache that had followed them till this point, he still liked her, he still loved her. Clay took a sharper breath in and looked shortly around the room til she spoke again, saying she had gotten a job offer. "Really?" He blinked a little, not so much surprised by the fact that she had gotten an offer, but more as she said, it was rather odd given where she was right now. His eyes moved back to her, as he listened to what else she had to say. She could leave Interpol. "Well, it sure sounds like a good offer if its something you would like," he replied with a warmer smile. Because it was all came down to if she wanted to take the offer or not, "so you want to take it? The offer I mean," Clay then asked curiously. He had gotten the offer here in Aston as well, they wanted him to stay, and with his research there wasn't any better place to really develop it. And maybe it wouldn't be too bad starting over in a new country, nothing could really be the same when you didn't get home to the same space, the same friend group, even if Primrose was here - it wasn't the same as before. Clay wondered if Primrose had put in a word for Josephine, it would sure look like her - or maybe it was just how things here were meant to be.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Birdie    Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 9:41 am

It was clear that she was thinking about how to answer him, as he asked if she was going to take it. She had thought about turning it down to be honest. And they had to start somewhere, no more lies and no more pushing the other away. “Well, I was thinking of turning it down, because I would leave Athena as soon as they let me out of here" she answered, hugging the cup in her hands a little tighter. “Give you the fresh start you had looked for, when you moved here after the job offer you got” she gave him a small smile, knowing why he had run back. Away from her, and the life that they had been having in Brisbane. Letting her tongue run over her bottom lip, tasting the residue from the coffee that was still lingering on them. “But it would give me a chance to do something that doesn’t send my off to countries in the middle of nowhere, and better hours and I could get a dog again” a soft chuckle left her as she turned her eyes away from Clay. “I miss Tofu” she mumbled, her German Sheppard that had been nothing but kind and lovable.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 10:13 am

Thinking about turning it down, he pressed his brows a little bit together. Of course she didn't believe she had any reason to stay in Athena, he couldn't blame her - it wasn't really like he had made it easy on her either. He however, chuckled a little as she pointed out it would give him a fresh start he had been looking for, he shook his head a little bit. "I didn't need a fresh start Birdie," he looked towards her again and breathed slowly out. "I just needed to escape for a while, but its living a lie if I'm not being honest with myself," he replied to it, folding his lower lip a little with his front teeth. Time had just been on his side when everything had happened, he had gotten his offer - it had been the perfect time to pack his bags and leave - now there wasn't anymore excuses and he wasn't going to try to escape anything. This offer wasn't something he wanted her to refuse just because of him, if she wanted it, he believed she deserved to have it. "So, take me out of the calculation - it sounds like there is enough reason for you to have a fresh start as well, you deserve that," he pointed out giving her a warmer smile. "Besides, would suck to start fresh without seeing each other once in a while now, wouldn't it?" He asked curling his lip up in a little half smile before taking another sip of the coffee. "And you would be able to have dog again, seems really like the best deal I've heard in a long time," he once again added.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 10:26 am

She turned towards him, putting her cup of coffee on the table in front of the couch. She placed her elbow against the back of the couch, cupping her hand against the side of her face. Her smile became bigger the more he spoke and theorized what he thought she should do. Without really saying that he wanted her to do this, or that. Clearly thinking more about what she wanted to do. At the end, she was just looking at him, with a bright smile on her lips. Those eyes, shining with love and adoringly. She had never stopped loving him. She had just forgot how to show it, how to let him in and tell him that she still did. That he was the only one she wanted to spend her life with. Screaming in silence hoping he would hear her, but how could anyone know what to do when you got back what was only a husk of the woman that had been shipped off? “I’ll think about it, but you make some excellent points” she chuckled, not being able to take her eyes off him.

So, are you just going to work over the holidays? Or are you at least going to spend some of it with family?” she asked, at least that would mean he wouldn’t be alone.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 10:37 am

He chuckled a little bit, "good, because as a matter of fact - I do still make very excellent points," he lifted a finger a little in the air, followed by a short laugh. He had missed being able to just sit and chat with her like this, it had been too long - and honestly he had thought the day would never come. Because there was only so much he could do, and if they hadn't been able to figure out how to work together, it had been the reason while everything had just tumbled to the ground. The next question made him lick his lips a little bit, "well, I'm going to be on call, but my mother and a huge part of the family is in town, so she invited me to the family feast - my cousin can easily get me to the hospital if needed," he breathed out a little bit. "However, since Zoe just has been reunited with her granddaughters. I assume she is going to want to see if they have time to fit her in - shouldn't be hard, she got a new boyfriend - so, yeah. But she is in town as well," he was rather surprised how many people who had found themselves here. Almost like they had been drawn to the energy for some magical reason. "I met my father, back in September - which was weird, but its also cool," he pressed his brows a little bit together. Now, he had always known who his father was - but he had never met him till this year. "But if you want - I can swing by one of the days between Christmas and New Years?" Clay licked his lips a little suggesting what really was mostly on his mind.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 12:42 pm

She couldn’t help but widen her eyes a little when he told her that his mother was here, with a good portion of his family. Now that could mean a lot of things, since coming from such a long line of pureblood werewolves that could live forever. That came with a lot of siblings, because none of them really stopped getting new kids, even though they had kids that was old enough to be those kids fifth great grandfather or mother. That had always been something to swallow, as she herself had nothing. She had herself, and of course her friends. But that had been the family she had been able to gather. Not only had Clay a huge family, but he had also been married before and had three children. Which had been one of the reasons why she had been so excited to be carrying his child. So, they could start their own family together. How well that had turned out for her. For them.

He was giving her a lot of information, and she tried her best to keep track, but what made her act was the fact that he mentioned meeting his father.
But also cool” she couldn’t help but chuckle with his choice of words. “Did the girls influence you more than we thought they would?” she teased, giving him a bright smile. “I’m glad you got to meet your father” she added, she understood the feeling of not understanding where you came from. She nodded slowly, letting the smile fade a little. “I would like that very much” she told him, when he had asked if she wanted him to come by between Christmas and New Year’s “I think Willson was going to stop by with his daughter, between the 26th and 27th, maybe” she scratched her head a little “Sorry, these pills they are giving me makes me forget things rather quickly” she pulled her lips while she tried to figure out what was going to happen the next couple of days. “So, yeah, one of those days and then we have a small celebration the 25th, but you are welcome whenever it suits you” she said, breathing out. Just happy that he wanted to come again at some point.
Clay
En af de første 10
Clay

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 1:03 pm

"You gotta' keep it cool with the kids, you know," he chuckled a little bit. It had been a while since he had really just sat down and talked to anyone who wasn't his mother or someone from work, so he couldn't really hold himself back. He wanted to share. Clay smiled when she said that she would like him coming by, informing him that Willson and his daughter would stop by, now Clay wasn't the jealous type - or who was he really trying to cheat at this point, he was jealous - but it was besides the point, he was just happy someone had been visiting her over the last couple of days. "It's okay, it has also been quite a day, a lot of impressions and emotions," he breathed out giving her a soft smile. "I will see how I can fit it, but I will try to make it the 25th, okay?" He then said downing the last sip of coffee. "Would you rather I go now, so you can get some rest and recharge a little? Most have been quite draining today as well," he theorized a little giving her a soft smile.
Imogen

Imogen

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong EmptyTirs Dec 07, 2021 1:52 pm

She wanted nothing more than for him to stay. That they could talk throughout the night like they had used to. Laughing, watching a movie, cuddling in the couch. Making the most of those days both of them were off. And then when reality came knocking on the door it was hard to keep in touch until the next couple of days that lined up with both of them having time off. But somehow, they had made it work, they had always made it work until they couldn’t. She nodded giving him a big smile, she was more than happy with him just trying, that was all she needed really. “I would rather have you didn’t go, but” she let out a big exhale. “I’m really tired, and I don’t think the nurses will let you stay much longer either way” she slowly got up from the couch, putting her arms around herself keeping her eyes towards him. “But I’m really glad that you came by today” she added, letting her tongue glide over her lips. Feeling a bit awkward with how she should behave while saying goodbye.
Sponsoreret inhold

Perfectly wrong Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Perfectly wrong   Perfectly wrong Empty

Perfectly wrong
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» Wrong place at the wrong time, kiddo - Odette
» Wrong place, wrong time. (TW)