Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Something to talk about

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Jamie

Jamie

Humør : I think I mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart.
Antal indlæg : 193

Something to talk about Empty
IndlægEmne: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptyOns Sep 29, 2021 7:07 am

LOCATION the Castillo
DATE 11th of October 2021
TIME around 13
WEATHER gloomy, looks like it could rain soon
ATTIRE Link
TOPIC FOR:  @Kenna Lux

After two years it was time to get back to the work he actually enjoyed, he had to start over after everything that had happened. However, Jamie had let the pain in and let it swallow him whole for a while, he had started to breathe again and he was ready to get back on track. For one, he needed a job, while he still was house hunting for a place to live that was actually his after selling the big house in London last year. Jamie had reached out for an old contact, coincidence that she was here in Aston at the same time as him, he took a leap of faith and planned a meeting.

It was sometime since he had stepped into The Castillo last, it still looked as majestic as ever. He looked around before walking over to the reception, wanting to address that he had arrived when he saw her, or well, he caught her scent. It was a scent that was hard to forget, because he had never really encountered anyone like that before or after he had met Kenna. It reminded him of the warm summer days, a clearing in the forest where the sunlight almost dazzled though the tree tops trying to reach the grass beneath it. "Miss Lux," he walked towards her with a warmer smile on his lips as he lashed his arms out to his side for a brief second before he let them fall down to his sides again as he approached her. Jamie knew he could call her Kenna, but he chose not to at first at least, after all it had been a while. "It's been a minute," he reached out his hand to give her hand a firm shake, "a sight for sore eyes as usual. How are you?" He asked as he let go of her hand, giving her a warmer smile.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Kenna Lux

Kenna Lux

Humør : -
Antal indlæg : 9

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptySøn Okt 17, 2021 5:40 pm

APPEARANCE | Attire - Makeup

Some might have called it a coincidence while others would’ve called it fate Maybe it had been a mix of both when the hotel owner received a message from the engineer, she had met a while back, just as she had thought about contacting him herself.

The elevator was doors sliding open just in time for Kenna to see Jamie passing by, heading towards the reception. With confident steps she followed him, the black heels clicking against the polished floor not far behind him.
He had noticed her before she caught up to him “Always on time, Mr. Blanchard.” She greeted, with the red-colored lips curling in a welcoming smile “Please, you know you can call me Kenna.” Without any hesitation, she took his hand “Know you’re just flattering me,” She teased, with a peal of restrained laughter before actually answering “Thank you for asking, I’m doing quite well. I can’t really complain unless I want to sound like some pampered rich white lady.” She said with an unspoken ‘and I won’t’ between them.
What about you, how are you doing? Don’t you just answer me politely?” He looked like himself, nicely dressed and all, but something had changed in him, fundamentally changed and she recognized it from herself. Of cause, she had heard about the death of his family, who hadn't with the circumstances they had died. Her heart had broken for him when the news had reached her.
Jamie

Jamie

Humør : I think I mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptySøn Okt 17, 2021 7:20 pm

He felt rather delighted to be in her presence, reminding him of a far more simple time. He cared about how she was doing, to him it was important to make sure the people around him was well, even if it sound like a cliche to ask people how they were. But as always, the question almost always came flying back and it was like a slap across the face - or was it more like a slight stab in his heart. How was he doing? Overall, he was okay in a far better place than months ago. "I'm doing better, a lot has happened since we last spoke," he breathed out, lifting his hand up to scratch just above his left eyebrow with his index finger before letting the hand fall down to his side again. "I lost my wife and children a few years back, but I'm here in town surrounded with family. So, I'm coping," he responded honestly. There was no trying to trick miss Kenna here. It was known as a murder, their death, and it was a brutal one indeed - he knew it had covered multiply newspapers and he had almost lost his sanity by that. What the mundane world and the people of London was blindsided by was the fact that it had been two vampires. But Jamie have had to move away from there when he could, he couldn't stand some of the rumors and people having accused him of being the one who had done the horrible thing. People could be cruel. So, he had stayed with his younger brother and Archie's fiancé for a few weeks till he had gotten somewhat back on his feet.

"But, after I took some time off work, finding myself again - so, here I am at your service - if you can make use of me," he spread his arms a little out to the side in a confident attempt to sell himself. "I'm currently on house hunting, trying to find a place to stay -" Jamie added with a warmer smile. Maybe Kenna knew of a few good deals.
Kenna Lux

Kenna Lux

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptyMan Okt 18, 2021 3:49 am

It was never her intent to rip open old wounds, but she had to ask. They could both pretend the tragedy never had happened, and that him being here in Aston was nothing but a more than a normal work trip, before returning to London. But it wouldn't befit any of them. At some point, words would slip, or worse he would eventually break under the lies and make beliefs.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jamie.” She knew he must have heard that phrase at least a couple of hundred times. She had and just saying the words, knowing how empty or flat they sounded made her own stomach curl. The smile shifted to a more apologizing one as she admitted “And I'm sorry to be just another voice in the choir of sorries... You must hate hearing it by now? I know I still do to this day.”.
Normally the blond was quite private about most of her personal life even around friends, especially about the past, but this time was different. “I myself have lost a child once.” She clarified, letting him indirectly know he was more than welcome to talk with her when needed, even if was just for lending him a listing ear.

If you would be so kind?” She asked gesturing with one hand waiting for him to walk towards the door next to the reception, before following by his side. They could discuss the work possibility at her office. “Why don't you stay here until you've found a place for yourself?” She offered. Living with the family was nice, but it corroded on the relationship after a while.

Sidst rettet af Kenna Lux Lør Dec 25, 2021 2:22 pm, rettet i alt 2 gange
Jamie

Jamie

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptyTors Okt 21, 2021 1:28 pm

Jamie nodded and exhaled a little, yes, it was rather tiring to know, but not as tiring as when people simply forgot. The shapeshifter found comfort in knowing that McKenna and the kids were at peace, that his brother had seen them and knew they were as a matter of fact somewhere better. Then she mentioned that she herself once had lost a child, it was awful really to lose a child, someone who was supposed to outgrow you. "I'm sorry too," he breathed out, he truly was for everyone who had to go through pain like that.

Jamie pulled a cheekier smile as she gestured him towards the door. He walked through the door and entered the room, turning a bit towards Kenna when she said that he could stay here. "Are you sure? I mean I would love to if it isn't too much trouble," Jamie confessed and breathed out. He had either been living with some people from the clan or in his brother's old hut, but getting a warm place to himself for a few days or weeks wasn't something he was going to refuse.
Kenna Lux

Kenna Lux

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about EmptyLør Apr 30, 2022 1:19 am

Even though it didn't mend the pain of child loss she was still appreciative of his commiseration and gave him a slim but soft smile in return, but didn't comment further on their shared loss.

Of cause. You're more than welcome.” She replied, quick to brush off the idea that it would become a problem, before proceeding with; “You can stay in my section for as long as you would like. I rarely use the rooms anyway.” The rooms had once belonged to the old owner who had lived at the Castillo and so had Kenna at the beginning, before moving to the apartment on Thunder Grove. She had kept them for when she was hosting social events at the hotel and it got too late to drive home.

She continued leading Jamie across the room onto the office door, before holding it open for him “Plase take a seat if you like.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Something to talk about   Something to talk about Empty

Something to talk about
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Let's talk this out
» We need to talk