Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

At least we are still alive

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed
Antal indlæg : 218

At least we are still alive Empty
IndlægEmne: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyFre Jul 23, 2021 10:03 pm

@Reginald

DATE | 3 August 2021
TIME | 2 pm
WEATHER| Clouded but warm
ATTIRE | Evelina | Nigel | Rose

Evelina had called Nigel informing him that this was today. He appreciated for a newly wedded woman, she still made time to keep her promise to him. Helping in getting the only father figure he had ever had, out of prison. It had been quite the hazzle even getting him transferred from the prison in China to Aston in the first place, not normal procedures, that was for sure. But it had somehow still managed for Zitora to make it happen. Then it had been a question of getting the evidence to get Reginald case dropped and therefore get him out. A woman with the name Letha Aetós had been hired and had finally gotten the evidence that they needed, so now it was time. Normally he would have been picking Reginald up by the prison, but since this was an extra ordinary case, he had been transported to Aston police station, where the last papers needed to be signed, also making sure that the casefiles would be expunged and deleted therefore making it sure that Reginald was being completely exonerate him for all the charges that had been placed against him.

Even though Evelina was three days now Mrs. Romero Constantinou, she had turned up at work for a half day to make sure that all the paperwork went smoothly. The last thing she wanted, was something wasn’t done correctly and that would cost Reginald precious time after getting out.
Alright, mr. Rief” she said with a big smile, radiating that, I just got married and I’m about to have a love child with my husband vibe. She placed the papers in front of him “I only need you to check off these boxes, sign and then you are finally a free man” she explained and pointed on the paper before handing him a pen. “Nigel just wrote me that he is stuck in traffic so there will be a minute before he will be here, can I get you anything while you wait? A cup of coffee or something like that?” she asked and then looked over her shoulder and saw a police officer bringing a young slim woman through the doors. She breathed out as she saw who it was, and that she wasn’t in handcuffs. That was at least something but that didn’t stop Evelina to keep an eye on the situation.

Rose sat down by the officers’ desk that had brought her in. Just for some routine questionings, after finding her in an area that wasn’t appropriate for a girl like her. She sighed and leaned a little over the desk, while she waited for the policeman to come back. Her eyes wandered and she quickly found something that was far more interesting to look at and focus on.
Hi” she said with a sweet smile forming on her lips, maybe it was for the fact that he radiated everything she probably should stay away from. But those eyes, that was what drew her in, and she could feel a slight warmth form in her cheeks as she looked away. Her lips formed a smile that quickly told him that she was clearly liking what she saw. The same with her fingers that found some locks of her thick brown hair and pushed it back behind her ear.

Miss walker, this way please” Rose stood up, and then quickly leaned over and grabbed a pen and a post it notes. She wrote down her number and then walked over to the man sitting just over on the other side of the small aisle that had been made by the tables. “Give me a call” she blinked at him and turned around to walk with the policeman, only to look back toward him. A small giggle left her before she disappeared.

Evelina came back with Nigel following her “Look who I found” she said with a bright smile and stood aside as Nigel walked over and looked at Reggie for a while before he walked over and gave Reggie a tight hug before letting him go. “Ready to get out of here?” he asked not believe that this finally had come.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

Humør : Discomfort is where growth lies.
Antal indlæg : 55

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyFre Jul 23, 2021 11:34 pm

It had been a tough road to get here, and honestly he still felt like it was all just a dream. The past years had at least been a little bit easier, it was only because of Nigel's friend Zitora who had made some deals to secure him better - but money and deals only made it so far. Finally, he had been taken across the world, which was a sight. He had never thought he would ever get to see the world outside the prison cell, and for a man that could live on forever - forever was a long time behind bars. Not that it was his first time, but it for sure had been the hardest. Mainly because of the reason behind why he was in there. Nigel. Other than knowing he had been trying to get him out, he hadn't seen the boy in ages. The boy, yeah he couldn't really call him that now could he? The prison cell here in Aston was like being on a hotel from what Reginald had been used to, so he actually didn't mind if he would have to stay longer - at least that was a second thought - then he heard the voice.

Alright, mr. Rief.

His bright blue eyes turned up to the officer with a smile on his lips, he almost couldn't help but smile by how she appeared. Looking so happy, having a child soon by the looks of it. He was excited to get out of here, but also scared of it for a hot minute. It meant facing the world again, and even if he did have years of experience in handling the world at different stages - it was never as easy as it looked. Reginald knew many places in his life he would have to start over again. She placed the papers in front of him, and he took the pen in his left hand, not rushing through it. And once he had read the document a few times over, he checked off the right boxes. Free man. He was a free man soon enough. He handed the nice officer the papers back and the pen. The mention of Nigel made his face soften up a bit, but he was also worried - perhaps most a father's worry he hoped Nigel was overall alright. He wouldn't know or believe anything else till he actually saw him again. "Do you have good coffee here? It's been forever since I've had an actually good cup of coffee - or actually any coffee would do, thank you detective," he smiled politely and just sat stand bye waiting. Freedom. Such a funny word.

Reginald turned his eyes to the side by the sight of a young werewolf coming through the doors and was sat by the officers' desk. He wondered what she was doing there, but kept quite. Then their eyes met, and he nodded towards her greeting her. "Hey," he replied back. Taking a sharper breath in, something about her just made it impossible for him to look away. Then another officer came to take her. Miss Walker, he did note that, watching her write something down then walking to him, saying to call her. Reginald chuckled a bit, folding the note together and placed it in his pocket. Not that he had a phone yet, but he could save a note with a number from a sweet girl, right? His eyes followed her as she walked with the policeman, meeting with her eyes just shortly before she went away again.

Look who I found, his face turned in the direction of the voice, the sight of the grown-up man standing next to made him stand up and walk towards Nigel, before meeting him in a warm tight hug. "Damnit son, you've grown," he laughed a little, giving a Nigel a tight squeeze. He hadn't seen Nigel since he was ten, and it wasn't a ten year old boy standing in front of him - not anymore, but it was still his boy. "More than ready," he finally let go of the hug, not really wanting to. The first affection he truly had gotten in this time away, his eyes trying not to get wet by the whole situation. He was really free? "Thank you so much," he grabbed Evelina's hand shortly and gave it a small grateful squeeze, letting her know he was very thankful for the part she had played in getting him out. Then turning his eyes to Nigel. "I'm ready."
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 8:30 am

It was hard not to be pulled in by the happiness these men clearly found when hugging each other. Evelina was just happy that she could once again prove, at there were some people out there that still believed and wanted to do the best they could for other people. Even those behind bars. This time it was a genuine good guy, that had been framed for multiple charges that he hadn’t done.

Nigel let out a deep laugh as Reggie told him that he had grown “Remembered to eat my vegetables and all that” he said with a big grin and then watched how his father grabbed Evelina’s hand and thanked her. “I’m happy that I could help, don’t hesitate to call if anything new pops up, now I’m sorry about that coffee, but I already filled Nigel in on the situation, and I’m sure that he will make that cup of good coffee happen” she said with a big grin and stepped a little to the left to make room for them both to walk towards the exit.

He nodded as Reggie told him that he was ready and placed an arm around the older man’s shoulder. Not that one would think that Reginald was well over a thousand years old. Right now, you could think it was a man picking up their brother. Nigel opened the door for Reginal and let him walk out first. “So, I’m here we need to find somewhere where we can get us a cup of coffee?” Nigel teased and walked towards his pickup truck and unlocked the car for both to get in. He opened the glove compartment and pulled out an older model phone and handed it to Reggie “first, this is yours, thing for the day” he explained put the keys in the ignition afterwards. “I also have an apartment ready for you downtown where you can live as long as you like” Nigel explained with a smile. Never had he been happier about him being so bad at making decisions, and had kept the apartment even after him and Mariella had moved into the big house that now housed more people that he felt even lived in the small village he had spent most of his childhood in.

But first, coffee” he laughed and drove out of the parking lot.

Sidst rettet af Nigel Lør Jul 24, 2021 9:07 am, rettet 1 gang
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

IndlægEmne: [color=#AFEEEE]   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 9:03 am

Good cup of coffee, an actual big meal and sleeping in a bed that didn't make you feel like your entire body was sore the next morning. That was the goal. Reginald nodded towards Evelina, before looking over at Nigel again. It all felt so overwhelming, he barely understood that he was actually coming out, that he could walk out this building without having to be back for a hearing or anything like that, he was free. Stepping outside and feel the fresh summer breeze dance around his face, feeling the sun's warmth on his face, his arms, he just closed his eyes for a second. Taking it all in, even the loud noises from the traffic not far from them. The chatter and laughing down the street, the smell from the hotdog truck on their right. Even for a man who had lived through so many years, it wasn't hard to forget there was a world behind the prison walls, it was too easy to feel guilty in there. Reginald just stood still for a while, just a little while, and it wasn't till Nigel spoke again that he opened his eyes and turned his head. "You know it," Reginald chuckled a bit before following Nigel to the pickup truck. He still couldn't believe how much he had grown, he had held on to those with Nigel right before they took Reginald away from everyone. He had held on to those memories and tried his best not to let anyone twist them out of his mind, and they had tried, more times than he wanted to admit. But he hadn't given them up, if he had, it could have been an entirely different man Nigel had picked up.

Reginald got in the car, this seat was way more comfortable than many of the places he had sat in years. He could almost just lean back and fall asleep here and it would still be better than the usual beds in the prison. Looking out the window he took a deeper breath in, then looking to the side as Nigel handed him something. A phone, yeah, he had heard you couldn't live without those things in these times. "Thing of the day? - Thank you. Shit they are smaller now," he mumbled the last part mainly to himself. Not that he hadn't seen a newer phone before, he just hadn't really held one in his hand. I also have an apartment ready for you downtown, Reginald turned his head from the phone and over to Nigel, there was no words to express the gratitude he felt right now. He cleared his throat a little, "I appreciate that, thank you son," he lifted his hand up and placed it on Nigel's shoulder to give it a little squeeze.

"Damn straight," he replied with the same laugh, as they drove out of the parking lot. He looked well, which was the thing that mattered most to Reginald. That smile on Nigel's face was perhaps the thing that made this day the best one in ages, and what he wouldn't do just to see that. "So, get me up to speed, I feel like I've a lot of catching up to do," he once again looked shortly over at Nigel with a warm smile, then turning his head to the window again, looking at everything, taking everything in.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 9:20 am

Nigel laughed a little over the statement that they were smaller now. ”Would you believe if I told you they are actually getting bigger now?” he shook his head a little still with a smile on his lips.It was funny because first they had been so big and clunky, then the smaller the better, and now they needed the screens to be as big as those tablets that he didn’t really understand how was working. But, well, his daughter Maya did try.

Nigel nodded as Reggie expressed his gratitude. Son. It had been a long time since anyone had said it with a voice that wasn’t angry or demanding of something. Funny how you could forget how it felt, actually being around a father figure that loved you like a father should.
Well can’t have you sleeping on the streets, besides after I moved it’s just been standing collecting dust” he mumbled and kept an eye on traffic while he drove.
A laugh left Nigel as he was asked to get Reggie up to speed, so many things had happened over the last few months only, that there wasn’t going to be enough time to get him up to speed, just with one day. But it wasn’t only a day, this was forever. Hopefully. And finally, he could have that family he had yearned for, for so many years.
Well,” Nigel licked his lips and looked towards Reggie and gave him a big smile. “I have two beautiful daughters one in her twenties and another in her late teens” so many things, how did you even start? “Then I’m a bonus father for a beautiful 7-year-old girl, and I have another on the way” the smile that formed on his lips telling him that, that he was going to be a father again. It couldn’t compare really because he had never really been this happy before. Not that he didn’t want the kids he had gotten with Daisy. But at that time, he had still been so young, impulsive, and not ready to be a father. This time, this time it would be different.

But starting to get that life you wanted for me, I’m not a hunter anymore. The mother to my two daughters, a Banshee if you would believe it, and the woman I’m with now is a werewolf” he laughed a little “Not really the life that Thomas wanted for me” his blood father, not the real one if you asked him. He drove into a drive thru where you could get descent coffee. He had already, with the help from Mariella stocked up the fridge at the apartment, thinking that Reggie first and foremost wanted to get a break. Sleep in a real bed, and slowly get back into what would be the real world after prison.
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 9:47 am

The world became more and more digital, he had heard. Changing almost to something new every single month, he wondered shortly if he ever was going to catch up to that speed. Not today perhaps, and most likely not tomorrow either, but some day maybe. Reginald was curious, also he did have some stories himself from the past years, but none really worth telling - then there was a lot of other stories that Nigel finally was old enough to understand the point of him telling. But first an most importantly, he wanted to know what was going on in Nigel's life, where his mind was at. The big smile on Nigel's face showed he was happy, and the adding that he had two daughters made Reginald smile even more. He would really want to meet them one day as well, then mentioning he was a bonus dad to another girl, and having another child on the way? All that happiness beaming from Nigel made Reginald smile even brighter. "I'm so happy on your behalf, I can't wait to meet them," he mentioned only being able to imagine how they looked for now, or the stories that followed - at least till he got some more detailed stories later on.

I’m not a hunter anymore, Reginald turned his head back towards Nigel and breathed out in relief. It was a tough life, and Reginald had lived the hunter life for far too long. Mentioning the mother of his girls was a banshee and he was with a werewolf now. Reginald was thrilled that Nigel had found a way out. Finding that way was never easy. The smile on Reginald's lips was so warm and already emotionally effected by the whole day, he was so happy for Nigel, he took a deeper breath in as they went through the drive thro to get a coffee. "I'm so happy for you, truly," he was right, it was everything he had ever wanted for Nigel, all he ever had hoped for him. "I'm just glad I could get out and get to share some of the happiness with you," he confessed and took the cup of coffee when it was handed. He closed his eyes and took a deeper breath in, getting the scent of the coffee in, took everything in really. He looked forward to just collapse on a bed, getting back into reality again.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 11:53 am

Well, we will have time to let you meet everyone” Nigel commented with a smile, not that he was a man that believed that you had all the time you needed in the world. To be fair, he was one of those people always believing that this could be the last. At least being with Irina, he had started to believe in the fact that it was okay to plan and be hopeful for a future.

Nigel’s blue eyes turned towards Reggie as he told him that he was happy to be out. Who wouldn’t to be fair? Be he understood the sentiment of finally being out brought more than just the happiness of being free once again. He ordered to coffees and handed one of them towards Reggie “Here you go, it’s my pleasure being the one buying you the first one after getting out” to be fair, the very fact that Nigel had thought so hard getting this man out of prison, after so many years of being mentally abused by a father that wanted him to be something that he didn’t want to be. Was quite a feat. But when he had been younger, before actually opening up about it to people. It had only been him, and he had gotten so angry every time that he had failed pushing further down the road of losing himself.

But finally, the pieces were coming into place in the puzzle.

Let’s get you to the apartment, set you up, and then you’ll be able to sleep and get some time to readjust” Nigel said as he drove towards the apartment. It didn’t take long before he could park the call and kill the motor. “Here we are” he said and took his cup of half-drunk coffee and got out of the car. He then guided Reggie towards the entrance of the apartment complex and found the keys. Opening the door to the four storage high building and walked up to the second floor and opened the door into the apartment before handing Reggie the keys “There you go – all yours
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 12:52 pm

He chuckled a bit, yeah the first out of jail coffee. The first real coffee in ages. The first sip was almost magical. He knew how hard the fight to get here had been, it had been a fight on all fronts. If Reginald had given up and descent himself into madness they would never had gotten him out from there or even been able to attempt. Reginald had yet to know if Thomas was still alive, or what he was doing, but right now, he didn't want to be their first day back together be about that. Reginald was all over the place, and he knew he would burnout at some point, but right now - right now he just sat back and enjoyed being a free man.

"You have no idea how much I look forward to sleeping in a proper bed," he chuckled a bit. Getting to the apartment he followed Nigel inside and up to the second floor. Opening the door, so much space, privacy how he had missed the pure thought of just being able to close a door and be by yourself without anyone watching you for a second. Reginald took a larger mouthful of the coffee, and took the keys as they were handed to him. Holding the keys, feeling the metal between his fingers, his eyes looking at it for a second. It was his, he finally had something that was his again. A place where he could just be him. Reginald stepped inside and took a deeper breath in looking around him. "This is all so amazing," he clicked his tongue, walking further into the apartment. He had waited to get out ever since he had gotten in, but you never truly knew when that would happen. Reginald walked to the window and looked out for a second. There was a lot of things that would need to be taken care off the next couple of days, but not today. Today he just wanted to be here, see the face of one of the most important people he had in his life right now - and that was gold to him. He turned around facing Nigel again. "This is so unreal," he confessed before taking another sip of his coffee.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 5:51 pm

It wasn’t a big apartment, far from it really. It had a small bedroom, and a living, dining, and kitchen in one. The bathroom was so just big enough that you didn’t have to shower over the toilet. But he understood that this might be luxury for Reggie. Hell, it had been luxury for Nigel to buy this back in the day. Something that was his.

A smile formed over Nigels lips as he saw how the other human looked around taking in the space. “Well, it’s not really luxury, but it’s yours alone to use as you please” the ocean blue eyes followed the other as he looked out of the window and then turned around facing him again. “I think I get it” Nigel told him and nodded. Of course, it was unreal, how many years had he spend behind bars, 35 years? “I got you an interview down at the garage that I work at, we always need new people, and they don’t care for criminal record, not that you have one anymore” Nigel reminded himself. Zitora had really outdone herself on this one. And he would never be able to repay her back for getting him his real father back.

Shit” Nigel said and walked over pulling him into another hug before he placed his hands on his shoulders and looked at him. Really looked. “There is so many things I wished I could have shared with you, but damn it’s good that you are here now
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptyLør Jul 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Reginald chuckled a little, it was luxury compared to what he had experienced over the last couple of years. Lesser from the empires and mansions he had owned over hundreds and hundreds years ago. But it was nice, small and it was his. Reginald raised his eye brow a little by the mention that Nigel had set up an interview down at the garage he was working at, tomorrow. Reginald had feared the set back, returning back to reality again. Even though 35 years wasn't a lot of years for a man who had lived as long as Reginald had, it was still a lot of changes that had happened around in the world by now. He nodded once again thankful and grateful, but also feeling like he was drowning himself in the many times he already had said thank you within the past hours. So much had been done to get him out, all the people involved. It took one good lawyer to even get things pushed ahead, and the fact that he had gotten out without a mark on any paper was sign of someone who knew what she was doing.

Shit, Reginald just raised his eyebrow a little, to find Nigel walking over pulling him into another hug. Another hug Reginald really needed more than he had realized. Then with Nigel's hands on his shoulders, he finally looked at the boy again. Taking a deeper breath in, it was real. Reality and freedom was here. There is so many things I wished I could have shared with you, he agreed. There was so many things he wished he had been apart off. He had returned to Nepal back when he had heard that Thomas had gotten another child, a time after he had lost the love of his life that was ripped from him. Nigel had unexpectedly filled that hole in his heart. He had never imagined that he would end up caring for this boy as if he was his own, but he did. Would always do. "I'm glad I'm here to, and there will be new things that I'm looking forward to be apart of." He confessed. Yes, it sucked big time to have missed so much, but hopefully the future would hold a lot of stuff he could be apart off. "But its all because of you, you didn't give up on getting me out." He chuckled a bit placing a hand on Nigel's shoulder before being the one to pull him into another tight hug. He would forever be grateful for this very moment.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptySøn Jul 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Nigel returned the hug once more, and a soft chuckle left him before he took a step back and looked around his old apartment, now Reggie’s.
Always taught me to be a fighter and never give up, so that is what I did” he said and gave him a crocket smile. Truth be told he had been close to giving up, not just on getting Reginald out but everything. But he hadn’t. And now he could finally taste and feel the effect of just keep going, and never giving up.

I wish I could stay longer, but I have an appointment with Irina to make sure everything is fine with the little one” he said with a smile and looked around, placing a hand on Reggie’s shoulder, and giving it a small squeeze. “And I’m guessing that you would very much like to just fall into the bed and sleep” he laughed and nodded towards the two French doors that would lead into the small bedroom. “I got some help from the girls, so everything is set up – the fridge is full of food and everything you could need should be there, if you need anything, I put my phone number into the phone I gave you, so just call me yeah?” It was hard to leave so soon after picking him up, but they would have more than enough time to see each other and talk things through. But he also knew that Reggie needed to get some much-needed sleep for himself.
Reginald
Første af Racen
Reginald

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive EmptySøn Jul 25, 2021 1:54 pm

Reginald chuckled a little bit. "I'm glad I did. It's always darkest before the dawn," he responded. Becoming a fighter was never easy, it took courage to keep going despite everything that was thrown over you. All the pain and sorrow, and terror you saw each day. To overcome that, overcome all those emotions and let them make you stronger than you were before. It wasn't easy, but it was so worth it. It didn't mean people deserved what was thrown over their shoulders, and it was hard watching good people suffer. Looking the end in the eye and being brave enough to keep going despite how much you wanted the pain to end. That was being brave. "I'm proud of you," he gave Nigel's shoulder another squeeze.

Saying that he needed to go, made Reginald nod a bit. Family was important, and even the small things as check ups and appointment were important milestones, so of course he didn't want Nigel to just sit here and miss out on anything. "It's quite alright," he chuckled and bursted out a short laughter by the next comment. "Oh yeah, hopefully I don't sleep the next few days away," he chuckled a bit, following Nigel's gaze. "Once again, thank you so much for everything, I don't know how to pay you back," he took a sharper breath in. Knowing that he didn't really have to go anything, he was just so thankful. "But I will hit you up," he nodded confidently. "Say hey to your girls from me, and let them all know I look forward to meet them."
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: At least we are still alive   At least we are still alive Empty

At least we are still alive
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» How the hell are you still alive
» Dead or alive - Elena
» What a time to be alive, am I right? - Amaryllis (cw)

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Aston centrum :: Politistation-
Gå til: