Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

To make something whole again only to break it

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Fenris

Fenris

Humør : I'm sure we can be friends
Antal indlæg : 83

To make something whole again only to break it  Empty
IndlægEmne: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyFre Maj 21, 2021 9:10 am

dedicated to @Maeve

To make something whole again only to break it  Giphy

DATE | 4th of June
TIME | 1.49 pm
WEATHER | Sunny and warm
ATTIRE | Outfit

He looked down at the file in front of him. Maeve Poe, human twenty-seven years of age, admitted after being found wandering the streets. She had been overextended, almost too extreme fatigue and showing all the signs of an acute stress disorder and most likely to also develop post-traumatic stress disorder. Bruises on her skin told a story of systematic abuse and sexual assault. Borys Ignatyev, that animal. Not only did he have the audacity to take his test object that he had submitted to the umbrella company to ask permission to further study in their open trials. But he had scared it in such an extent that he wasn’t sure he would ever be able to get anything useful out of the woman.

But the intrigue had been peaked when he had gotten ahold of her files, for a person to endure so much she sure understood how to fight to come back to her normal life. Almost admirable, but only time would tell if she would ever be able to enjoy the life she once had had. Most likely not.

Fenris was sitting in a 280 square feet newly decorated room, it was small, but it had the most important acquirements. His desk in a deep mahogany color going very well with the subdued black colors that was a theme throughout the whole décor. A dark brown leather settee that had a few cushions, but in all it was clear that he hadn’t used a lot of time to put lots of small decoration. There was a giant bookcase behind the settee filled with book of all aspects not only in psychology studies but all that had a slight resembles in the subject matter. Showing that he was a well-read man. Of course, there would the mandatory certificates in the waiting room hanging on the wall, small leather sets were set up enough for two people to sit at a time, and behind a desk was a small woman that could be categorized as a grey mouse placed, his secretary. In her normal workday she was one of the lab assistant. But today she fitted the role perfectly as she took the phone “Doctor Addington’s office how can I help you today?” she nodded and made small noises of conformation as she dotted down what was said on the other phone. To make a fake business one had to go the extra mile and take in real cases. With that in mind, he had a few that he was a psychologist to as well. Mostly just using his power to make them feel much better giving him a glowing review. Funny how a power that could do so much destruction also could bring good, if only he was interested in doing so.
So with the real reviews, the manufactured one, it wasn’t that hard to hack into the hospitals computers and put him down as the main psychologist that you contacted even as Noelle Carmen Chadwick and Sebastian King Mitchell were both understanding in their field his ruse had worked and Maeve Poe had been assigned to his practice.

Fenris put the file away and looked towards the giant clock on the wall telling him their appointment would be in around ten minutes. He stood up, filled the carafe with water and put to glasses on the small table by the settee. Everything he needed, a notebook, a pen, eraser and sharpening tool for his pen was lied down with every line straight. All was in that particular order that he needed the item leaving nothing at random. Now all what he needed was his two a ‘clock appointment.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.
Fag : Studierådgiver | Billedkunst (løb og litteratur)
Antal indlæg : 243

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptySøn Maj 23, 2021 10:16 am

13:59:10 …
A delicate and rather unsure knock on his door, just loud enough to announce her entry before the door was carefully opened and big brown eyes were introduced to the simple interior of the room which fell in perfect unison to the other entrance room she came from - if not with very slight differences. “Excuse me?” They then only a small moment later got acquainted with the man she was there to meet as she stepped all the way through. A curly-haired and kind-faced gentleman, tall as anyone seemed to be in comparison to her own short frame; more so now without her signature heels to help a little in the height department. He surprised her, not actually having had much time to picture him beforehand, so really, what could she have expected? A silver fox with slim rectangle-shaped glasses and polished well-worn shoes?
"Mr. Addington? The woman out front told me I could just walk in,” she explained with a more gentle-sounding confidence than what she had been used to using. Something that didn’t feel as natural to used now so she had had to compromise for the time being. However, as she stepped probably inside, she didn’t stand slouched. And as she presented herself with not only a smile on her lips, but even a reddish muted colour consciously painted onto them for some desperately needed normalcy and hair both freshly washed and brushed, the untrained and passing eye would probably not see the many layers of trauma.

It was the first time in a while where she wasn’t either forced into a strangers clothing like a Barbie Doll or dressed in unflattering hospital gowns, but where she was actually properly dressed. In her own clothes. It was still a very strange sensation, and it had ultimately scared her when originally, because she had thought she’d finally feel much more herself after putting on what she knew and had worn before, but that hadn’t quite been it. While the hazy periwinkle shirt was loose-fitted around mostly everywhere on her upper body expect for how she had buttoned it all the way up, the hugging elastic of her black faux-leather pencil-skirt, where she had stopped the shirt neatly and fashionably into, made her breathings surprisingly apparent. It didn’t hurt and in reality she couldn’t even feel the healing scars that hid on her skin underneath. It was just… different. Something she surely just had to get used to again.. At least the skirt didn’t reach longer than just past her knees so if she had to, her legs wouldn’t be too restricted to run. Of course, what reason would there be to run from a psychologist.

Maeve took in a deep breath to fill her weighing chest and managed to pull more strength into her smile. It all came down to her she could bring the smile to her eyes, still she hadn’t gotten that far yet. “I’m sorry, this is a first for me, so I’m not really sure how this works. I’ve never been to a psychologist before, I got to admit.” Her eyes wandered for a bit around the room, looking towards the settee where different kinds of media such as movies and shows made her think that was probably where she’d be seated, but she really wasn’t sure so her gaze found its way right back to this Fenris Addington and she continued to take up as little space as she could. Borys Ignatyev had taught her well over the past 14 weeks…
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyMan Maj 24, 2021 8:41 am

Fenris took his glasses that had been lying beside him and put them on, a very old-school horn-rimmed spectacles that he had had since he had started the FBI. Somehow he had never really had it in him to throw them out, besides they still fit him and after taken good care of them he hadn’t really needed any other. His brown eyes lifted from the notebook in his hands to the person that had called out. A small framed, yes one would almost call her petite woman called out as she looked behind the door at him. “Yes, come in” a smile formed on his lips as he stood up, no sudden movements, put down his notebook and walked towards the door as she decided to come all the way through. “Yes, that would be me, but with you are more than welcome to call me Fenris, Miss Poe” she might want him to keep it formal, even as he always thought it a little tedious to tell someone to call them by the first name only to refer the same person to theirs.

It didn’t take a trained psychologist to see the trauma that hid behind the beautiful brown eyes. “No need for apologies, we will figure out the details together, but please feel free to sit down” he let his hand make a small notion towards the settee. “And don’t hesitate to tell me if anything will make you more comfortable, no question is too small or to stupid” he went over to the door, but he didn’t push it shut leaving a little slither open before he walked back to the set he had been sitting in as she had come in.
So” he sat down and poured some water into both cups and made a sure to drink from the water first, almost to make sure she knew that it meant that it wasn’t drugged in anyway. “I always like to get to know my patients, no one is the same and there a different ways of treating and helping people, so I was thinking today we would just talk – small things, like what did you make yourself for breakfast this morning?” he asked and looked towards her keeping the notepad away from him as he crossed one leg over the other and placed his hands on the lower part of his stomach. A warm smile was still on his lips as he looked at her, there wasn’t the smallest hint of pity just genuine warmth and someone that looked at you that would get you the feeling that they were there for you without prejudice. Fenris being the man he was, had det tendency to be excellent to mimic facial expression that would make one like or trust him faster. Especially if it would help him get faster to his end game.

Sidst rettet af Fenris Søn Jun 13, 2021 12:01 pm, rettet 1 gang
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyMan Maj 24, 2021 10:42 am

Ah. Fenris, yes. It would be a lie to say that Maeve had actually been looking far into this man and even more a lie to say that she had come to him completely willingly. It had nothing to do with him personally but she was far from keen on picking at what had happened. She was barely holding the cracks together already, but at the very least, with how she automatically had chosen to deal with it - pretend and suppress and forget - there was something that kept her from collapsing in a dust cloud of broken pieces. Right? So coming there today hadn’t been on her account. She was there to lessen the worry and concern of her loved one. And by that; she hadn’t even thought to even search up this place and it’s practitioner. That was why his name caught her little by surprise. It wasn’t a particularly ordinary name. Still, as she looked at him more closely, the name somehow fitted him. She nodded affirmatively to his request followed by a pull up in her smile as she replied back: “I’ll do that then, thanks. Fenris.”

It was only when he gestured towards the settee that she moved her eyes away from him again to follow his hand’s directions. So this was really it. It wouldn’t be very polite of her to just leave again, although thing started to heavy down even further upon her chest, making her breathing ever so slightly onerous as she did as he instructed and walked over to sit down. Making sure to smooth the shirt properly under her behind and back-thighs as she did. “Actually, if won’t be too much trouble, I wouldn’t mind if you call me just Maeve as well,” she then stated, taking him full on up on the offer of ‘anything that would make her more comfortable’. Seated, she looked back at him and followed along with his movements, closing the door and coming over to join her in the little cozy area. One thing this place certainly wasn’t was closed off. It wasn’t spacious, per se, but it didn’t have to be to not feel cramp, because cramp wasn’t something she’d use to describe the place either! It was… quaint. A little barren but she suspected that this Fenris didn’t want to over-decorate. “I’d feel weird if I’m the only one on first name basis, anyway.” She let out a fleeting chuckle by that addition.
She then couldn’t help up watch him pouring their glasses of water. It wasn’t even that she thought much of it. It was an instinct, not a conscious choice, but surely something in her was now on alert. Even the way he took the first sip… How much did he now of what had happened, she couldn’t help up think. She had been referred to him specifically, so he must have some access to her medical files. And as she herself had become familiar with the news media’s interest in her story, there probably wasn’t much he wasn’t aware of now that she thought about it… She leaned in to lift up her own glass, however she didn’t drink from it. She simply held it, both hands cupped around it as if it was a cup of warm tea which she was warming her hands on. “Hm?” She had been listening througoughly; well, she thought she did, but the question which he landed on in the end caught her, yet again, off guard and her eyes widened in bafflement for a moment there. “What I had for breakfast?” If it was the lack of mundane small talk for the past time or just her own prejudice assumption  of what therapy was, she couldn’t tell you. But with whatever luck this man had, he had managed to break through the first layer with just.. that.

“Ehm,” she hummed as she lowered her face for a moment, painting the pondering expression clear as day in her face as she thought back. What did she have for breakfast? Did she even eat? And then the smile broke through and her face softened. “Actually, one of my younger brothers had made breakfast ready for me when I came down.” She looked up again, more perked up. “You see, I have three. They are much younger than I am. I was already 15 years old when my parents got Jonathan, the oldest of them. He had made me a ‘slapped toast’ as he used to call it. Two pieces of toasted bread, slapped together with whatever between. I think it was just cream cheese this morning.” It was such a nice thing. She loved talking about her brother, about her family. She was also grateful for her brothers to be so young that they didn’t bother fuzzing around her. It made the daily day feel more normal.
Feeling more comfortable already, she fell more relaxed into the chair and even relaxed her shoulders. Clicking a finger nail discreetly against the glass. “I usually drink coffee in the morning too, but on doctor’s orders, I’m not allowed too much caffeine for the time being. To not risk overstimulating my mind.”
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyTirs Maj 25, 2021 8:51 pm

It was funny how small questions like, what did you have for breakfast? or Why is the sky blue. Almost always had the same thinking effect, some just didn’t remember what they had other needed to think because remembering a childhood trauma was connected with an emotion and eating wasn’t necessarily. But using that technique was making the patient look back and remember something that was directly related to trauma or something that was about how they were feeling right now. Using the word, are you okay over and over again could have the effect of making more damage in good. And for one, Fenris was glad that this strategy worked more flawlessly than he had thought.

So as her long description of what happened started, he just sat back, drank from his glass of water here and there. But he didn’t interrupt or make any remarks at first, he just took in mental notes, cataloged them accordingly. So, her brothers would be something that could always bring her into a more pleasant state, that was already much more information that he had hoped for, and then on the first day.  

I know a great teashop not far from here, they sell some of the best decaf teas, and that might give you the same comfort as a good cup of coffee” he said with a smile “But since we came to talk such a great deal about your brothers, it sounds like you are very fond of your family” he knew that for each patient he only had around two hours, so maybe this would to be a little trivial just asking into routine, yes even mundane activities in the day to day life. But just as the first question, this was just a way to get her to open up and tell him more about herself. He had a patient the other day that had told him the only thing she wanted was just to talk. She didn’t want any tips that could help her. Not one was the same, and no one had the same opinion what a good psychologist was. And of right now, the only thing that mattered was getting Maeve to believe that he was the psychologist for her, anything else would be an uphill battle.

Sidst rettet af Fenris Søn Jun 13, 2021 12:01 pm, rettet 1 gang
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyMan Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm

The corners of her mouth rose even further. “Yeah, very much. Family is something very important to me and it might have something to do with why I haven’t moved out of my parents place yet,” she casually ended up revealing without really realizing. It wasn’t usually something she brought up in conversations since it was a tiny bit of a taboo when one was as old as Maeve was. And she had the money to move out. She had had it even before she had turned twenty two, having worked part-time diligently side by side with her school and chores and responsibilities at home. “I’ve always been there to help out my parents with my brothers since they’re both pretty busy people. I am…” She suddenly choked and her eyes sort of automatically lowered. “..was busy too but it has always been a team effort, so it I’d feel bad for leaving, although we’d still be in the same city.”
After that one tough word change, she lifted her head again and while one would easily see the remanence of the fade - and the reason behind - the smile was also back on her painted lips. “But yeah, I guess I’ve been highly family oriented ever since I was a little girl. You know, dreaming of having a family of my own. Marry and have kids. It probably stem from having changed diapers and comforted teething children since my teenage years,” she reverted back to the actual topic at hand, adding a discreet, half-hearted chuckle in the mix. She had noticed it before, how the more she talked, distracted her mind with using her face muscles to move her mouth and crowded her mind with words to say, she could take more and more distance to what normally had her fall into a trance of emotionless non-existence, which had already become pretty prevalent then and there. The fake façade was sprouting more and more.

But exactly like the small human herself, the façade was fragile. Very fragile. So of course it broke. “I..” Out of nowhere she couldn’t remember exactly what she had been about to say but as the smile started to become force before she just let I mellow out, guilt shallowed her expression and she urged herself to turn her head to the side and looked towards the nearest window, as if not letting him see the entirety of her face would make how her jaw and throat tensed up less obvious. In reality it only really give him a better view point to at least one side of her dimples caving in. She already had that; her own family, her own kid. She had a son. But she had run from that, and now.. How could she claim him now that she was like this? Broken.

“This tea shop.” When she found her voice again, it was a very clear change of topic. Even the tone was different. And she waited to look back at him until after having started her sentence. “Where did you say it was? I might know it.” It was a possibility. She wasn’t one to splurge on things like tea - not even coffee really - but her job at Clover had her dip her toes in luxury and speciality places. Employee- and guest gifts. And still… she doubted. “Maybe you can write down the name of it for me? I’m going to be honest, I hadn’t thought of going decaf on.. anything.” The tapping of the glass had turned into her thumb gliding over the edges of it instead.
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptySøn Jun 13, 2021 12:00 pm

He just looked at her, took in the information that she was giving him so freely. For someone that had been through so much, he almost admired how much she trusted him. Even as she thought that he was a certified psychologist, not many would be able to share from their life like she did. And somehow Fenris couldn’t hide the fact that he was actually a little impressed by it. Which also made her so much fascinating that he had thought in the start. Besides the fact that he could feel how his powers beside her was nothing, and he wouldn’t be able to induce any vices or reduce them if that was what he wanted. That also meant that she spoke freely. Like he had just thought, interesting or in better words; absolutely captivating.

As she had his absolute attention, he was also quick to notice the slight change of mental condition. Something had triggered, might be the very fact that she didn’t have the routine that she had before all of this had happened. It was funny how much having a very repetitive day could do for you, especially after it was taken away from you. But he didn’t comment on it, not even as she quickly recovered and started taking about what she wished for in her own life. He took notice on how she formed her words, dreaming of having a family of my own. She still dreamt of it, which was also an indicator that she was much more well adjusted than he had thought. Or it might be a sign that she wasn’t coping with it at all. For him to know that he needed to see her more than just this one time.

His brown eyes looked up as she started having trouble with finding words, clearly falling back into the void of what had happened he gave her a small encouraging smile, which surprised him. He was a great actor but smiling like that wasn’t something he did often. Or at all to be fair.
He was just about to tell her that she could take her time, and she ought to just take it slow. But then she started asking about the teashop that he had talked about. Changing subjects was normally not encouraged, but in this matter, he didn’t mind it.
It’s called Serene Aromas” he said and found his block and scribbled down the address “It’s not far from the marked, one of the smaller sideroads, very secluded and they also make some of the best lemon muffins I’ve ever had” he said with a soft and warm voice as he ripped of the paper and handed it to her. “They make a very nice black tea without the caffeine in it
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptySøn Jun 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Maeve was definitely not coping. At all. There was nothing truly impressive about how open she seemed to him because in reality it was only an excuse. A big fat excuse to not have to admit to the trauma or anything else that was gnawing at her on the inside. She was convinced that it was fuelled by attention and by giving it that, it would feed off of her even faster. And it would spread. And before she knew it, she would be nothing more than an exposed ball of limitless anxiety. Capable of nothing more than being thrown at surfaces and bounce back with little to no control of which direction. The face she showed Mr. Addington-.. Fenris was what she remembered from before and the things she told him was mainly because she had less of a problem of talking about that than what needed to be brought to light. Even if that meant revealing evidently quite personal information to a complete stranger. For some reason, that was of far less concern of her. Because… fundamentally that wasn’t what had brought the horrid 14 weeks upon her. Right?

The soft appreciation she felt as he caught and held onto her obvious shift with no trouble at all, became very apparent in her face as it stroked over and close to automatically, she stopped the tapping of the glass. For now. Curiosity also made its appearance the moment he started to write something down and usually she would’ve probably leaned forward to get a peak but she was held back. It didn’t take much for her to move her eyes right back up to his, either. All it took was the mentioning of lemon muffins. This surprised her.
Her smile grew enough for her lips to part slightly and let the teeth show a little. “That sounds amazing. I don’t think I’ve heard of the shop but anything lemony is right up my alley. Even if I end up being fan of the teas,” she said before reaching over and accepting the little scribbled piece of paper. Serene Aromas. If he had to be honest, it did sound like something on the edge of very spiritual. A place where people who believed in the healing factors of essential oils stopped by regularly. It didn’t sound like a tea shop, she had to admit. And also – she allowed herself a more capturing gaze upon the therapist for a moment – he didn’t give off the feeling of that kind of person. She… She hoped he wasn’t. “Their decaf black tea, got it. If you insist that it’s good, I’ll have to try it, don’t I.”

She had barely started moving to put the piece of note onto the table so she wasn’t fiddling with both that and the glass when the before so sturdy glass became anything but sturdy right there in her hand. It suddenly turning into something soft and modellable, the strength which she held the glass immediately had her press it in and fall completely out of balance and the untouched water inside it spilled everywhere! Startled, She quickly stood up and instead of the usual movement of holding the glass out in a stretched arm she had in a fright of the abrupt change of the material itself, dropped it onto the floor with a short squeal, where she then instinctively tried to avoid to have any more water land on her. The glass, as it hit the floor, didn’t clink. It sounded nothing of what one would expect and it didn’t bounce as one could expect. It was like jelly or soft plastic. And then not exactly. It was still as clear as glass was. But its firmness had shifted completely. Maeve looked at it in complete horror. She looked outright scared. Scared of the consequences of not only having dropped it or spilled the content, although that was a large part of her reaction but… “I-.. I’m so sorry!” she burst out, quickly looking back and forth between the ..glass and Fenris. She was shaking. Quite violently.
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyMan Jul 05, 2021 3:39 pm

Well, let’s just say that I’m very particular about my tea as I don’t really drink coffee myself” he said with a soft smile over his lips. There was something about the bitter beans that he wasn’t very fond of, so if he was ever to drink coffee it needed to be a very lightly roast and with a lot of milk.
They didn’t really get into it, as when she was about to place the note on the table in front of her, something very remarkable started to happen. As his eyes had already been drawn to her hands, and how she had been holding onto the glass without even drinking of it, it was almost as if he noticed the change before his brain registered what happened.

As she pressed the glass together as if it was paper water pressed over the edge and started spilling all over the hardwood floor. It was clear that surprise wasn’t something that formed in his face, even as this was quite the surprise that she was able to turn the material into something completely different. If anything, it was almost admiration that was painted all over his facial expression. Maeve sudden movements as she stood up, and how she just dropped the glass to the ground only to see it vibrate as it hit the floor.
Intriguing. But instead of watching it for too long, he slowly put his notepad away and stood up. All in a very calm and none threatening manner. “Breathe Maeve” he told her with a soft-spoken voice, his large hands put a slight pressure on her shoulders and tried to find her eyes. “In through the nose and out the mouth, and when you are ready sit down, you are safe and we will figure out what just happened, but one step at a time, alright?
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyTors Jul 08, 2021 7:11 pm

If she hadn’t been so clouded by the immense panic and anxiety which had welled up in her on that very short amount of time, she might have noticed the lack of surprise in his face and she would probably have wondered just how he had kept that composure. At least until it would click for her that he himself wasn’t as human as her ignorant human brain would think. She still thought everyone outside of the supernatural bubble when she met them, after all. But sadly, she noticed nothing of that sort. All her attention was on the fallen glass and the water spilled. She expected the hand slapping her across her face any moment now. The shouting words and the humiliating commands. Even though it was now almost two weeks since she had gotten away she suddenly seemed to be smelling the stuffy smell of the basement. The strong cleaning products used to clean of bloo-…
It seemed so sudden when Fenris placed his hands upon her shoulder and managed to pull her straight out of the spiralling train of thoughts. She jolted, however, she didn’t jump. Her eyes simply found focus back at him with a very sharp movement as it had somewhat startled her. For a good while she just stared at him with widened, slightly frightened eyes - not frightened by him but something else - and while she didn’t shed any tears her eyes were visibly more glossy than before. She had truly feared this; how people in the outside world wouldn’t think of her if she couldn’t keep her cool but… he… he hadn’t stepped away and the longer she looked at him the more her mind allowed her to see the calmness in his face. Breathe, Maeve.

She tried it. Breathing. In through the nose and out through the mouth. Her lips stayed slightly apart and her chest shook as she elevated it by slowly filling her lunges. In through the nose. The smell of chloroform disappeared from her nostrils again as if it hadn’t ever been there. And it hadn’t. It had been gone for a while. Out through the mouth. Either it was the pressure he had on her shoulder or just the breathing technique but her shoulders sunk again within a couple of rounds and she started blinking more frequently to dry up the shocked tears in her eyes. She eventually even found enough collective to nod to his words, agreeing to them. “I-.. I don’t..” she tried but gave up when words didn’t seem to fit. What was she even trying to say?

It was only when Maeve had reached this point of calm that she dared turn her attention away from the kind-eyes man towards the glass and it was there she saw how he stood in an almost perfect placement to obscure the view from her so she couldn’t actually see where it was on the floor unless she leaned to the side. She only saw the pool of water on the floor. She didn’t know if this was on purpose or not, though. She gulped silently as she could still somewhat remember what had become of the glass. She had done it, she knew as much. Should she start wearing gloves? Would that even work? Wouldn’t she just end up changing the gloves themselves?
“I’m.. alright now,” she partially lied as she looked back up at him. “Thank you. We should get something to wipe up the water. I really am sorry about the mess. I don’t know what happened.” Another lie. Partially, at least. But the last thing she wanted was for him to think her a freak more than she already was.
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyLør Jul 17, 2021 1:42 pm

He wasn’t blind to the fear or how her whole body had turned into a defensive mode. Funny how a defense mechanism could be the whole body just shutting down. The panic that surged through it, leaving little, to nothing, to actually help one out of a situation like this. Only time or if someone calm enough could stand by and wait till sense came back to the brain letting the body relax instead of tensing up.

Fenris made a small nod, his eyes not leaving hers as words started to form over her tongue and it felt like she relaxed, at least a little bit more than she had done before. With what she had been through, he was already expecting much more of these, anything else would be weird. A slight crease appeared between his eyebrows. He had always known he was a born actor, but this felt almost uncomfortable easy for him to step into the role of her helper and psychologist. Maybe he understood Leigh just a little bit better, than he had done before. Not a feeling he adore much, if he had to be honest.

It’s okay Maeve, take your time” he assured her, not moving his presents from her just yet, wanting to make sure she still felt comfortable in the room. The last thing he needed was her associating this room with something that could tricker another one of these episodes. Even if they also could have a healing effect. Every time you overcame one, you would know that you could also tackle the next one.

A soft smile formed on his lips as she told him that she was alright, he shook his head a little. “It’s okay not to be alright, even though the panic attack has subdued, take your time” he told her and then looked at the glass, or now rubber and water as she told him that she was sorry. He shook his head once more. “It’s only a glass and water, no damage has really been done here” he reassured her once again, and gently guided her back to the settee. “Please sit, I’ll take care of this” he took a step back and then turned around “I’ll only be a moment” he told before he went out the door and got a small bucket and a cloth to wipe up the water.
He stepped into the room, again closing the door so there was still a small sliver of room between the doorframe and the actual door. “There we go” he smiled and squatted down taking the worst of it before returning with a new glass and pouring some water in it.

Do you feel comfortable talking about what just happen?” he asked, sitting down opposite her. “And I would like to stress, that you are not under any circumstances pushed to talk about anything you are not ready to, and if you are scared, and don’t want to share with me what it is yet, just say; I’m not ready, and I would like some time” he wasn’t blind to the fact that she had somewhat lied to him about what had just happened. Not that he cared really. Or maybe he did, it wasn’t important as of right now. “And with time, I mean you have as much as you need, and if you just want to talk about the weather for an hour or sit in silence – that is also fine by me.” Another smile formed on his lips as he looked at her with his kind hazel coloured eyes
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyTors Jul 22, 2021 9:09 am

She felt bad for lying as he with an awfully kind ruthlessness passively pointed it out to her. She wanted to tell him, that it was just so much easier to lie but even though the excuse never escaped her lips, she suspected that someone like him was already more than aware of this. She wasn’t his first. She had to remember that..
Then with his guidance Maeve found her way back into the seat and while her eyes still lingered on him, she nodded gently before he started to step further away towards the door. She could’ve said something. She always used to be such a social butterfly, enjoying talking, enjoying being around others. She still enjoyed it, she knew she did! She couldn’t have changed that much. Could she? It was just more difficult now, that’s all. But not impossible. With Fenris out of the room, she tensed the muscles in her cheeks, provoking the small indentations in them and when she was sure he had gone, her eyes finally fell to the glass on the floor and she furrowed her brows.
The least she could do would be to pick it up. However as if planned out perfectly, the moment she did the first movement to stand up again, Fenris returned in through the door, leading her to automatically look his way and fell back into the soft settee. Slightly surprised but nothing that was comparable to how frightfully startled she had become before. Instead it was easily faded into a light smile. “Thanks.”

The smile grew but the laugh that followed was still less than half-hearted, clearly still affected by whatever had just happened to her. “It’s funny isn’t it? You need to talk about thing to solve them and yet here you’re giving me the choice to not speak at all,” she said shaking her head a tiny bit at not only him but also herself because she felt the clawing craving to take him up on the offer of not talking. To say that she wasn’t ready and that she needed more time to process. But there was a problem with that: She felt that she probably would never be ready. Maybe this was as useless as she had thought from the beginning, this therapy. All she really needed was distractions. Right? ”What just happened, I can’t actually explain it. Ever since I… I got out I’ve been different. I don’t feel different. Not much at least. I feel much more paranoid but that’s to be expected, right?” Another attempt at a chuckle that fell flat. “Someone that did horrible things to me is still out there. But that’s not quite what I mean.” She spoke rather softly, no words were rushed and probably so that she wouldn’t overwhelm herself by talking about the topic at hand. She feared her voice would either crack or start to shake like her hands still did in her lap. Barely noticeable now, luckily.
“Do you…” she started out before nearly choking herself on the retraction and hesitation of the question. She needed to breathe in deeply to unlock the words from her throat again. And then instinctively, as she parted her lips to try speaking again, she leaned a little towards him. “Do you believe in the supernatural, Mr. Addington?” Even now, after knowing full-well that such things existed, she felt very strange for asking anyone about it. She felt it a high-risk gamble. Ask she wrong person and she’d get stamped as a freak of sorts. She knew this. She had been on the other side. Been the one who looked strangely at people who talked of vampires and werewolves as being real and walking among humans such as herself. But Maeve had no other way of filtering those who knew from the rest. She had no sixth sense like she felt everyone else around her had.
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyMan Aug 23, 2021 4:46 pm

He nodded as she contemplated on how it was funny that you needed to talk about things. But as she added that you couldn’t solve things without talking, he had to give her a slight smile. “It is very important to remember that we all process information in our life differently, whether it is good or bad, we all have” he placed his fingers against his lips while he thought about to phrase his next words. “Methods of how to get out on the other side with our scars being carried by us, and not the other way around” he knew it was awfully cryptic, and he wasn’t sure if it made sense to her or not. He had the feeling that she was quite a clever girl. He wouldn’t already be so infatuated by her if she wasn’t. Boring people was such a waste to use time on.

He nodded as she opened up with what had happened, even as she didn’t go into the specifics of what that was. Or what he had done. She didn’t really need too, unfortunately he had knowledge of what Boris did to his victims his deluded ideas of finding the perfect woman and making her his. Well, in his twisted mind they were already his as soon as he had laid eyes on them and liked what he saw. Funny how some might see the parallel between Fenris and that horrible demon. And he would be inclined to agree. He was evil, and not really a nice person. At least not the nice doctor Addington that Maeve was feeling so comfortable in sharing her thoughts with. But he had been a good person, or as good as a demon could be. He had had a mother he had cared for. He had felt love for someone, which he had lost. He had even had a wife. But all those experiences had told him that love wasn’t something that could be trusted. And kindness wasn’t something that was respected.

He pressed his brows together as she talked about being paranoid, but it wasn’t really because of the fact that someone had done horrible things to her. He still didn’t say anything, just made a small nod and kept his eyes on her, as her reassurance that he listened.

Do you believe in the supernatural?

He took in a deep breath and a small smile formed on his lips as she asked. Well, he could lie and tell her that he didn’t. But in this moment, it didn’t seem like a good idea to lie about something like that. Especially since he was such a creature as well. He nodded slowly. “Well, yes, I do believe in the supernatural” he said with a soft smile but didn’t elaborate in the matter. “Do you feel that has something to do with the fact that it’s harder to comprehend what happened to you?” he asked her leaned a little back in his chair while waiting for her answer.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyTors Aug 26, 2021 11:24 am

Maeve Poe couldn’t with good conscious state that she fully understood where Fenris was trying to lead with his explanation. Actually, as he talked, her thick brows furrowed ever so slightly and pulled on her facial features until a more perturbed expression appeared and she couldn’t help but then ask: “However that may be truth, if a method or path ends up causing even more scars, what good would it be? For someone already used to the pain, then the easy and short path filled with thorns would be a first choice rather than the longer one.” She didn’t mean for herself to turn all metaphorical or try to match him in his cryptic talks. And she most certainly didn’t mean for it to turn into this equal conversation. That wasn’t why she was there, after all. But it was always where she ended up. She was clearly not ready to open up. Not entirely. And if she had to be honest with herself, with him - the psychiatrist - just having somewhat confirmed with her that it was alright to deal with the trauma in her own way, be it possibly destructive and suppressing, then… wouldn’t it then be better for her to say her goodbyes? Let someone else get the timestamps in his schedule?
She gently clenched her cheeks, provoking the two small indent dimples to peak through.

However, the tension that started to fill her, the longer she sat there with the intrusive thoughts - one side convinced she could handle herself and the other attempting to understand that there had to be a reason for her family and hospital to have her sat in this chair in front of this man - got punctured and started seeping out again when revealed his belief in the supernatural. Rather, it was his follow-up question that made the most difference in her.

The human chuckled very lightly. “No. No, not in the slightest,” she admitted wholeheartedly. If anything she felt stupid as she always did when she met someone with their toes into the waters of that other world because the more people she came across the more she felt like the only one who just didn’t know. “Of course, it, in and of itself, is something I still have difficulties comprehending. Werewolves, fairies, archangels and what have you. But past that, I can’t not feel interested and, honestly, drawn to it. A little bit jealous, maybe. But what happened to me with…” She fell silent, choking on the name or just simply the sheer memory of the man. “It was unnatural. Not supernatural.” Borys Ignatyev could’ve been anything else than a demon and nothing would’ve been different. “But it still left me changed. Now I’m capable of doing..” She made a fleeting gesture towards where the accident had happened. “..that. Something I’ve never been able to do before in my life. I don’t know how.. or if it’s really me doing it or just some invisible force playing tricks on me.” Abusing her fragile mind. Continuously picking at it and eventually making her completely mad.
As she was talking, she was discreetly fidgeting her fingers in between each other in her lap, not noticing it herself. She was too busy trying to find the right words to say and holding her eyes focused at the calming man. She hadn’t realized before now, but his eyes.. when ever his head was turned the right amount away from the natural light coming from the window, they were very dark? No. Absorbing.
Fenris

Fenris

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptyTirs Aug 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Again, Fenris listen and made sure she knew that he was giving her his undivided attention. “One thing we can be sure of, is that I saw it too” he said with a small smile, trying to ease her mind as he explained that she wasn’t sure if something was playing tricks on her. “What it looked like to me, was that you have the ability to change a material into something else, like this glass got turned into some almost see-through rubber” he pointed towards the glass that was now standing on the table no longer in the same material that it had been before. “I think, now that we are on the subject of supernatural, and I do confess that I have my fair share of experience in the field” he gave her a small smile. It had always been funny to the demon how some people could live in the world and not knowing what was going on. Supernatural had lived longer than humans had, Angel’s was a very good proof on that.

We can talk about how some abilities show themselves, also in humans” he stood up and walked around the chair and pulled out a study he had made on the supernatural’s and when powers represented themselves. Now this was one of his more sober studies, as he hadn’t written about how brutal some of the experiments had been finding out what made powers tick. Those were kept between fellow scientist that shared the same: the end is justified by the means. “Here” he said and placed the book on the table beside her. “This is a book I wrote with my fellow partner Leigh Duncan; we question and spoke with a lot of people going through roughly the same as you are now. Powers that show themselves after a traumatic event” he explained and sat down again in his chair with a somber smile on his lips.

Now I would like to go back to the fact that you talk about your event as unnatural” he took in a breath and picked up his notebook. Now that she had herself started opening up a little about the topic, he thought it might help if he could get a little more information out of her. Trying to explain with her own words why that was so. “Many might not use the word unnatural, but words like horrible, something that shouldn’t have happened, horrendous even” he licked his lips “Do you always try to downplay your own problems in front of others?” he asked quite directly not letting his eyes leave her face.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  EmptySøn Sep 12, 2021 11:49 am

One thing we can be sure of, is that I saw it too.
It sent a strange sensations through the human’s body. A pleasant sensation. One that felt like a soft wave, a breeze of cool air against a hot, flushed face. It relaxed her slightly. He was right. He had seen it too. She wasn’t going insane. Unless he himself wasn’t real either but the thing was; Maeve always had a very strong sense of reality. An innate ability to differentiate. And he was real. She was real. It was only the unexplainable she had trouble with.

Automatically, she lifted her head, focusing back at him with a sliver of bafflement and surprised, and then followed him with those big brown eyes as he moved a few steps away from their little cozy spot by the window. At first, she was caught off guard by what he presented her. A book. One about the supernatural. She eyed the book for a good while, before her face softened a significant amount and let those who witnessed her, in on a sudden and very gentle smile as she reached out to take the book to her lap. “I don’t know why I’m surprised,” she admitted, running a hand over the edges of it as if her mind was playing with the thought of opening it. Glancing through it.
She had denied the opportunity to read through another book on the unexplainable and strange once before as she hadn’t wanted to store it with her family. There was probably so much more of the kind out there, though. “I guess this explains why I was referred to you, Mr. Addington.” She looked back up from the book. They must’ve known. He must’ve known. She should’ve known.

Then with him pulling in the fishing line again in one fell, and professional swoop, he successfully pulled her back to shore as well. It was best not to fall into holes like these. This session had already been a rollercoaster for her, actually. Did she attempt to think back, she’d only get dizzy. That he could maintain order was both comforting and reassuring. His assumption also immediately had her react rather strongly.
“Wha-.. No! Of course not,” she quickly burst out as it somehow had offended her, that he thought that about her. It was, by all means, a lie. Sort of. Leaning forward to place the book back on the table, she continued: “It was horrible! Horrendous! It was grotesque and unimaginable ….un…unimaginable…cruel.” As she - or he, perhaps - broke through that crack of finally spitting out about the event, she was filled with such overwhelming feeling that it became harder to get the words out. Not because she didn’t want to, not this time, but it became clear that there really weren’t any words that’d properly describe it. Discreetly she crossed her arms and held around herself in the chair. “What I meant by ‘unnatural’ was only in contradiction to ‘supernatural’. When he cut me, he did so with a scalpel. Or a kitchen knife. When he chained me, he did so with cold, hard steel. When he sedated me, he did so with drugs. He didn’t need to have a tail or horns or red, pulsating flesh-like skin to be a monster.” She folded and pressed her lips clenching as she finally got something off her chest. Did she feel better? No. At least not yet. But this was the first she had actually talked about it on this level. With the police it had been different and she had barely been present enough. And that had to count for something. Right?
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: To make something whole again only to break it    To make something whole again only to break it  Empty

To make something whole again only to break it
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» We can never catch a break
» Time for a break
» Let's break the rules
» Finally a break
» You break yourself trying to bend yourself

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum