Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

From the window in my sand castle

Go down 
ForfatterBesked
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.
Fag : Studierådgiver | Billedkunst (løb og litteratur)
Antal indlæg : 243

From the window in my sand castle Empty
IndlægEmne: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyFre Mar 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Thread dedicated for: @Mono

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
From the window in my sand castle Tenor

Date | Tuesday, the 9th of February 2021
Time | It's probably a bit too late - 22:22
Place / Area | The public playground in the easternside of the park in Aston, Gaia.
Outfit | A cozy winter jacket pulled over a casual outfit of a pair of jeans and longsleeved, forest gree jumper.
X

“Ah! There you are.” Balancing on her toes on the lower level of the two story tall play house, that looked more like two Magna-Tile square boxes stacked on top of each other with a slide spiralling from the top one, the brunette human reached as far into the top level as she could. She didn’t have much length to go on but she absolutely refused to have to crawl all the way inside. She wasn’t a kid anymore. She didn’t have the same agility as her younger brother’s showed when they were there earlier that day to play around. “Come.. on..” she mumbled, clearly pretty strained as her fingertip just around could touch the shoe, that Collin for some reason had dropped and then walked all the way back home without noticing or pointing out to any of them. Leading to her having gone to get it.
She gave in halfway and pushed her upper body a bit more up so she could lay on a little further up on her stomach even though it meant she didn’t have any solid ground under her feet anymore. But it seemed to work! “Got you!” She grabbed the shoe by the hook of her finger, and immediately glided out of the entrance hole of the upper block and all the way down to land triumphantly on her feet in the sand, holding the bloody show. She breathed heavily out as if that tiny little stunt had been enough to leave her exhausted. And it probably had. It had really been at struggle, not only to look for the shoe but also get it. Luckily, the weather wasn’t blasting heat. The cold winter air actually felt very refreshing against her flushed cheeks.

She took a moment to just stand there before getting on with it an going back home. Looking down at the shoe in her bandaged hand. A lot had happened but at least everything was more or less over. The link on her cousin broken and done with. The maniac gone as if he had evaporated. Things were looking up! Looking up she scanned her surroundings. Tensing up in her cheeks as she looked at the darkness of the hour a bit differently than she had done for most of her lift. She wasn’t scared or unnecessarily uneasy. Especially not there. There had been made an effort to keep the park lit up with countless bright lamppost. And the playground was no exception.
Another heavy exhale provoked a cloud of white mist as her warm breath froze in the low temperatures. She should get back home. A nice warm bath called her name. And there were some left over lemon sponge waiting for her as well.

The next thing that happened seemed both out of character for her but also entirely in character when she suddenly heard something and didn’t just remain standing. Or; she did. But she stiffened up more than she’d usually would. She was much more jumpy and hastily started looking around for what had caused the sound. Until she realized that it wasn’t only sounds but also voices. Loud demanding voices. And she sensed a tingling down her spine as she gulped. The voices came closer. Rather quickly actually. Desperation suddenly filled her as she looked around once again, this time more searching then reminiscing and within a moment of blank mind, she threw herself onto the ground and scooched herself in under play house. The space between the sand and the bottom of the slightly raised playhouse was just big enough for her to somewhat comfortably lay there and be hidden. It also did so she wouldn’t see anything that was happening, so she had to rely on sounds for now. Cramping the shoe into her with one hand, she strategically placed the other on over her mouth. As if whatever could hear her breathing couldn’t already hear her heartbeat..
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyFre Mar 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Outfit

Another day, another hunt.
He had just given up on this annoying and sneaking woman vampire. There was no way he was ever gonna keep chasing her. It was NOT worth it.
so, here he was now, chasing another vampire. A way easier one. He was old vampire. But defiently not a wise one. Every stypitically mistake a vampire could make. he was now making. it was sort of amusing to Mono. and sort of what he needed. a job easily done.
what he had not expected was for the vampire to run to a playground. Here the vampire tried one last time to attack Mono, to have his life ended right then and there. It all happened so quickly. Mono brought out of his string of steel and silver. and with one grab around the neck and a smack, the head was seperated from the body. The head of the bloodlustfully monster tumbled through the sand and landed in front of playhouse. With some dry blood on his face, Mono stretched and placed the string in his belt. The blood dripping from it as he went over to pick up the head.
Here he turned it around and checked it. for a second he wondered if he should keep the fangs. Nah. He shrugged and prepared to drag the body and head down to the sea, when something caught his attention. someone or something was in the playhouse.
"Who´s there?" he hissed annoyed and ready to strike. he was not in a mood for another fight. But if it was needed... it was needed!
Maeve

Maeve

Humør : The more you know about the world, the more clearly you see its monsters.

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyLør Mar 13, 2021 12:09 pm

She must have been on the hair of it because she had barely positioned herself somewhat comfortably when she heard the frantic sound of foot steps in the sand. She heard them run and very abruptly stopping again. She noticed the shadows of the person but then she quickly became aware of yet another one. One that moved with a bit less haste and desperation. It didn’t seem like an actual chase per se and it seemed even weirder that it would’ve ended there, on the playground of all places. She had heard of drug deals happening at places like this more often than as a parent and guardian it was comforting to know about. However even if it was just a drug deal she wasn’t about to crawl back out from her hiding spot. She was there now and it was clearly best if he stayed there until whatever was going on passed…

Slit.
Maeve paled. It was a very distinct sound, the ripping of flesh. It was moist and she was convinced that she also heard some sort of gurgling. Then a heavy thump, audible even on the soft, sandy substrate. The sand was unfortunately not soft enough for whatever had fallen to ground to not roll in her direction and she suddenly met with the dead eyes of a severed head. Both open wide and gruesomely bloodshot from the strangulating, that had tightened all the way through their neck. She immediately had to choke a scream and ultimately ended up letting out a very short and muffled squeal before managing to press her hand even closer to her mouth. And now also her nose. She was staring right back ad a severed head. A severed head. A real one. The more she looked the sicker to her stomach she felt. She had seen a leg being impaled by a chair leg and she had seen blood practically spew from her cousin’s eyes and she had seen a man being mauled by a werewolf but this was very different. This was right in her face. A very clear indicator of death and not a natural one at that.
She jolted as soon as she heard the sand crunching under the remaining person’s feet as they stepped closer to the head, closer to her. Oh god… She had been sure that she’d be found as they picked up the head but whoever they were mustn’t have even thought her to be there, since… nothing happened. Thankfully. Maeve had nearly dared removing her hand from her mouth when; Who’s there?

It was a male’s voice, possibly a very strong individual to have just cut off the head of someone and she pray for him to not find him. Although, she couldn’t help but feel a familiarity to the tone and accent. Still, it wasn’t enough to make her reveal herself. Instead she held her breath and good as she could and curled more together, accidently making the material of her jacket swish against each other. He hadn’t seen her before. Maybe he thought she was actually inside the playhouse and not under it? Hopefully he’d look at see nothing and go about his day…
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyMan Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Material switch against each other in weak, weak sound. So weak that had the wind not been silent, he might not have heard it. But, he did and now there was a witness to the crime he had just comitted. And in the rule of a hunter. He had to make sure that it stayed unseen.
Understandably, the person chose not to come out from its hideout. So Mono just had to come in. Silently and still ready to attack in every minute, he squatted down and tilted his head, just enough to get a look of who was hiding in the children´s castle.
And the face he saw... was not what he had expected. Far from!
"Maeve? I can´t believe it... what... what are you doing here?" He straightened himself up and now waited for her to get out of her hideout. That it is if she decided to get out. As he looked down at himself he realised that he was soaked in blood. Or whatever sort of liquid that was running through a vampire.
"I assume you just saw that... I do apologise... but you have to believe me..." Here he squatted down again and tilted his head. A soft smile was on his lips. Which did not fit with the blood on his face. "Trust me, Mae - Mae."
It was a long time ago that nickname had escaped his lips.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyOns Mar 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Maeve really only had desperate hope to cling on to in those few seconds of silence where she waited for the man to leave. But he never did. Very carefully, she moved her hand away from her mouth and made sure not to not take any heavy breaths to compensate for the slight lack of needed air. She actually just didn’t breath. She unintentionally held her breath. And as her eyes stayed fixated on the pair of shoes just beside her hiding spot, she subconsciously closed her hand around a handful of sand granules. Then he squatted down and…
The brunette human had nearly screamed up a storm, the moment a bloody face and uncanny familiar eyes stared directly at her, but her throat completely locked up from the held breath and the rest of her just froze as she stared right back at him in a mixture of terror and surprise like a startled deer in a car’s head lights, which probably was for the best since she’d have hit her head rather hard, had she jumped. And fortunately for him her usual fight-or-flight reaction had been dulled by the same unbelievable recognition he confirmed not long after. Sparing him getting sand thrown directly into his face. “…… M-..” she choked on her own voice, having to gulp and resume: “Mo?!” It couldn’t be. She was immediately overwhelmed by the mismatch of the situation. On one hand this was a pleasant reunion. On the other hand, though… Her gaze became unfocused as her thick brows knitted and she forgot that she was still laying under the playhouse. That was until his face appeared again, startling her a bit and had her eyes shot up at him again.

At that time Maeve closed her lips, that had been parted as if to say something, and nodded gently before opening her mouth again so simply say in a committing sigh; “Okay. Okay.” And finally she crawled out, which was a tad bit more trouble than getting in, she must admit. Brushing sand off herself as she got up, brushing the hand which she had held the sand bomb too. Lastly her eyes escaped Mono to wander around the scene - if to escape the bloody image of a close acquaintance, then it didn’t work, since she instead got presented with the headless body not far from them and she almost gasped out loud. Instead she breathed sharply in and as she let out the air again a disbelieving smile had joined her expression the moment she looked back to the only other living person. What she was about to say was already written on her face before the words left her tongue. “What the actually hell?!” she burst out at him rather reproachfully. She didn’t want to but her eyes did fall to the severed head in his hand again, only they very quickly closed to then look right back up at his face. Trying hard not to think about it. “Is this what actually going on every night in Gaia and I’ve just been ignorant to never having come across it in the 12 years I’ve lived here?! And you! Of course. Why not?!” Everyone else were part of this twisted reality.
Okay. She was still freaking out. Even she noticed it in the tone of her voice. Her fragile expression didn’t match the attempted sternness in it. She could lie all she wanted but her body always seemed to snitch on her.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyLør Mar 20, 2021 12:24 pm

Maeve was rather shocked or the more correct term would probably be freaked out. Which he understood 100 %. After all, not far from them and in Mono´s hand, was the rest of what used to be a vampire. The way she asked if she had been ignorant for the last 12 years, he hissed and made an embarassed face. To that he did not know what to say. It was rather impressing that she hadn´t figured out all the horrors of this world. He placed the head behind his back and slowly let it hit the ground in hopes of not freaking her out.
"Okay, okay, uhm, deep breath... deep breath...I know this looks bad... okay it looks rather horrendous..." he admitted and took a deep breath himself. "Look, I´m not sure this happens every night and yes, maybe I should Have told you what I do... at night... uhm... Okay, lets just, calm down, get rid of this body and then get the hell out of here alright?"
Her freaking out was sort of making him freak out as well! The sticky feeling of blood on his hand did not help either.
Wherever she had agreed or not, he picked up the head and grabbed the headless body by the collar, to drag it across the sand and towards the lake. Shortly he stopped to look over his shoulder and down at Maeve. He considered apologising... but for now it was probably just empty words for her.
"I´ll explain everything later," he softly said and then continued walking to the lake.
How did he explain all of this to her? and should he explain EVERYTHING or just the obvious part. His mind was racing as the lake got closer and closer.
He was torned between being excited of seing Maeve again and just get the hell out of there so she couldn´t ask questions.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTirs Mar 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Maeve’s sensors, however human and weak they were compared to what other created that she shared a world with, were on constant alert, so even though Mono had been careful with the dropping of the head, possibly trying to move it more out of the way for her well-being, she still noticed the sound of it hitting the ground. Her eyes automatically moved towards it when… Deep breath. The bloodied man’s words immediately caught her full attention and there by adverted her eyes back to his as he instructed her in whatever breathing technique he seemed to deem necessary. She didn’t feel particularly prone to hyperventilate at that moment, which in and of itself was surprising - and worrying - but as soon as she gave in and did as he said; took that deep breath, she noticed the panic her body had started experiencing while her mind had attempted to push it back away from her conscious. She kept eye contact with him while she filled her lunges and then blew out through tightly O’ed lips. She managed to do it once before a smile of utter disbelief and irony broke through instead due to his continuing monolog. “Horrendous, yea. You could say that. You just killed someone!”
How were people so nonchalant about ending someone else’s life?! He hadn’t been the first she had witness do just that, but he was the first that she had known and thought very differently about. Never in her dreams had she ever imaged the Mono Amar, her cousin’s goofy side-kick, would do something like this. And definitely not as calmly.

“Wait wait? Get rid of i-…” She wasn’t even allowed to finish her sentence when he was already on his way off with the limp, and headless body. In that instance she looked far more confused than frightened as she looked from him in the direction of where he was going. He wasn’t about to… was he? “Oh god. Please don’t tell me you’re just going to dump the body in the lake,” she partly begged, as she crossed her arms around herself. She shortly scanned the area as if she was worried that someone would see them. Them. Not just him. She felt like an accomplish.

And yet she didn’t help him with whatever he was doing, disposing of the body. She just stood there, a good distance from the action. Watch. She didn’t look away. It didn’t seem real at all. Especially no with how he acted on it. Like it just a big rat or some other pest he got rid of. Carefully she slowly sat down on the grassy hill. Her legs pulled up as a protective measure and one of her hands having moved to grab tightly around the jacket over her chest. She didn’t feel faint. She never did before she’d faint. All she could do to prevent it from actually happening was to calm her poor heart which was exactly what she was doing while purposely ignoring the question of why she was waiting for him…
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyOns Mar 24, 2021 5:48 pm

The way she looked at him, made him want to crawl back in his hole and not return, until he was sure she would no longer be judging him. Unfortunately, he knew she would always judge him. She would no longer look at him and see the same Mono that she was introduced to some years ago. He wouldn´t even recognize that guy either.
So, in the beginning, he just ignored her and continued to drag the body towards the lake. It had to be done. The guy was dead. They could not turn back time.
The last words she said to him, made him stop dead in his track, look over his shoulder and over at her. Something in him told him that she felt guilty about the vampire’s dead. Which she shouldn´t be feeling. He was the one with blood on his hands. All she was, was a friend on the wrong place at the wrong time.
He mumbled a “I´m sorry,” before looking ahead again, still dragging the body after him, with the head in his other hand.
Just like he had done a million times before, he threw both head and body into the water, knowing some fish that would immediately starts to nibble at the dead skin. Watching the head and body disappear under the surface, made him take a deep breath, before turning around, now ready to face Maeve once again. His mind told him that she would probably run away or slap him. Maybe she would even do both.
“Maeve, I know I have a lot to explain and I can´t even know if you want to know,” he started to tell as he got closer and closer to her. “I´m a vampire hunter and has been trained to be it since I was ten. The reason to why I am one is a longer story… I understand if you rather want to walk away, than listen to it. But, just know, I would never hurt you or kill anyone without a reason.”
This was one hell of a speech. NOPE. It just sounded like an excuse to have a permission to kill vampires.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyFre Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm

“Vampire hunter?!” she burst out without even letting him properly finish his explanation. Her head sprung op and her eyes immediately found him in a very taken back expression before fleetingly seeking towards the lake, where she knew, although she couldn’t see it, that the decapitated dead body was now sinking. She subconsciously gulped by the thought of just how many had potentially been dumped there. So close to the playground where she took her brothers to play multiple times a week. Quickly her eyes fell back on him, not wanting to think about it. In a mixture of both careful and clumsy movement she stood up again, unintentionally taking a step back as she did. “So you’re saying that man.. was a vampire?” He had looked very pale, but she had thought that was just because of the fact that his head had been separated from his body.
She had been far too startled than to look for any sharp teeth in his gaping post-mortem mouth, she had to admit that. “And this is what you do? Hunt people like him? For sport?” Her voice was giving more and more signs of beginning anger; the next step following the pure shock of the situation. Surely not. Her interactions with Mono might have been pretty few - especially considering how close Cecilia was to her best friend - but he wasn’t a psychopathic killer. Right? “Did he attack you? Are you..” She muted abruptly as if something blocked off her speech for a split-second. “Are you hurt?” She franticly scanned him up and down. It was hard to tell from how he was covered in blood. Someone else’s blood as far as she knew. But beside the blood she only then noticed his attire. Dark colours and gloves. Robust boots. Clearly dressed for action.

For a good while, she just stared at him with her lips partly apart as if she wanted to say something but her brain didn’t probably commute with the rest of her for a good half a minute. “Does Cecilia know about this?” she then finally asked with a underlying message of ’She better know, even if there probably wasn’t a right answer to that question since whatever he said could point to something wrong. “What about Ethan? You must know what he is too, right? Both of you seemingly ‘hunters’, whatever that profession actually entails.”
Maeve neither thought much of it - again - when revealing a hunter’s identity to another hunter or really regarded it as something Mono might not know about already. Mono was still somewhat in that social circle. He was close to Cecilia. Very close. And she wasn’t even the only one who Mono and Ethan had in common, if she remembered correctly. It just made sense for her, that, yea, he already knew. It wasn’t much of a secret.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyFre Apr 02, 2021 12:28 am

To Mono it was a good sign that she did not run away from him. Instead he stayed back and asked into what he was doing. Still with doubt in her warm voice. He took a deep breath before answering the dreadful questions.
“Yeah, he was a vampire and I do not hunt them for sport… I uhm… I hunt them for…” He heard himself doubting his own words. What was he doing? Was he saving himself or was he hunting these innocent creatures for sport?
No… No that was not the case! He saved a lot of life by hunting and killing vampires! He was sure of it. They were not all innocent! A bunch of them killed for sport not only for surviving!
“I hunt them for my own… protection… and to help their future victims… You do know what they do to survive and some of them even does it without caring… They…” He stopped the second he realized that he was also killing without caring.
He was the selfish one. He hoped to save his own life by killing a bunch of vampires.
He crossed his arms over his chest, ignoring how the cold hit his skin, making the hairs stand up. “No… No I am not hurt… don´t worry… I uhm… I attacked him first.”
There was no reason to lie. She had already seen the worst he could do.
Her questions to if Cecilia and Ethan knew, he looked at the ground, pushed some sand around before returning his eyes at her. “Yes, they both know and yeah, I have heard a bit about Ethan, but I was not quite sure if he was or not… or if I am just misunderstanding. Cecilia knows… she is not happy about it… but she knows.”
He wasn´t even sure if Cecilia didn´t appreciate the killing in the sake of his safety or for the innocence life of some vampires. “I would love to answer every question Maeve, but come on, we need to get out of here before someone comes.”
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTirs Apr 06, 2021 8:11 am

She’d thought - or at least hoped that Mono would be answering all the questions a certain way and at the beginning, it did actually sound like he was doing just that, but then the but came and she immediately felt the strain build up in her face. Felt how her eyes slowly became wider and wider and the more he talked the less she was able to hide the underlying disappointment in them. Her slightly furrowing brows not helping much in that regard. Her face rarely concealed how the human felt no matter how much she tried to. The worst part was probably how unsure he sounded. Every word that came out of his mouth seemingly sounded like excused rather than anything else, rather than comprehensible explanations. It was like talking to her brother after having caught them red-handedly while picking coins from her wallet. Just the act she had caught Mono in was much more grave, she’d like to think.
“You attacked first?” That was somehow the final straw that made her bust into the conversation, nearly having interrupted him. “Do you know what that is called? Manslaughter! Unless you had other reasons beside what he was! Was this one at the very least known for having attacked other people?” Maeve wasn’t not entirely sympathetic of cruel criminals but she had never thought death upon anyone. Not even the monster, she had had the displeasure of meeting not even three days prior.
As the thoughts naturally travelled back to then, she noticed herself discreetly moving a hand over to her right arm to pull as inconspicuous as possible the sleeve of her jacket down over the bright white bandage round the hand. Wrapped as if to support a sprained wrist but she knew what was underneath. And this vampire hostility Mono expressed - whatever innocently he did it at the moment - played very close.  

Huh? He wanted to go? It was understandable who they still stood a crime scene, blood drying on the sand by the playground only very few steps away from them. However.. “What? Go? Go where?!” Her big eyes wandered obviously down over him, from head to toe and then back up to his face, actively pushing some of the image a bit back. “You’re splattered with blood. Someone else’s for that matter. Wandering the streets, let alone jumping in a taxi wouldn’t exactly keep eyes off of you. That smile of yours can truly only do as much,” she partially panicky and scolding laid out before him so unfiltered or planned out, that she didn’t even realized the unintentional compliment to his features.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTors Apr 15, 2021 4:36 pm

It felt as being scolded by his mother. A person he had not seen for many, many years. But yet, he still remembered what it felt like, getting caught doing something he should not be doing. For a second, he therefore lowered his head in shame, driving his foot from side to side.
He knew this presented him as a weak. Yet, he could not put his finger on he felt the need to act like this, just because it was Maeve scolding him.
Was the source his childhood crush on her?
Perhaps.
as this came as a realization to him, he raised himself up and looked at her, one eyebrow raised high almost in arrogance. Who was she to judge him? Was she so much better than him?
For some reason he felt so angry all of sudden.
“yes, he was a monster. He killed for fun and not only for food… his kill count is higher than our ages multiplied together,” he answered with a hissing tone.
for some reason he felt so angry and defensive. Although he knew what he was doing was wrong. He had been saying that to himself all life as well.

as she once again scolded him, he raised his arms up in the air in surrender and turned his back to her.
“I wanted to WALK away, not grab a coffee or jump into a taxi, just walk away back to my place,” he scolded back and checked over his shoulder to look at her. “I know there is no excuse for what I do. If you want to follow me, then you are more than welcome, but I cannot force you to go with me.”
Slowly he started to walk. He knew this was stubborn and far from gentlemen behavior. Especially towards someone who had just witnessed him decapitate someone.
Suddenly he stopped, sighed loudly, only to turn around to look at her. He waved softly with his hand as he spoke. “Look… I don´t need you to understand… I should rather respect that what you saw is far from normal…”
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTors Apr 15, 2021 7:41 pm

The sudden defensive behaviour of the man in front of her threw her back, having been naïve enough to actually believe that he wouldn’t be yapping back at her. Because, frankly, that just wasn’t the Mono she knew. She knew the overly energetic Mono, the constantly-smiling Mono. Of course, there was much more to anyone than what little she was privileged to with it came to him. Still she didn’t take his hissing nicely and felt the temper start to boil even further in her. The temper that had been born from the fright of the situation - and not forgetting his nonchalant take on it - was getting fed and grew in the direction of actual irritation and provocation. What gave him the permission to yell at her like that?! And yet… she stayed quiet.
Partially since she never got around to open her mouth until he sort of gave up, turning his back to her once again. “Oh yea?! How should I know that you live close enough that you seemingly won’t be worrying about other people seeing you waltz down the sidewalk, catching glimpse of you when you pass a light. Because surely, people won’t be stupid enough to think you’re just coming home from an re-enactment of Carrie,” she barked right back at him, trying to hide the embarrassment of having wrongfully judged someone which she in a sense had done with Mono then and there. Multiple times. But could he really hold it against her? Her mind was as mundane as it could get. And this had severely screwed with it. Still, the moment he turned around for good, her browed curled in a hurt and lost expression. Her lips folding in on themselves as she clearly regretted her own behaviour but just was a tad bit too proud to admit it. Too proud to call out and stop it.

However she was somehow also too proud of walking away herself. The moment he turned right back around, she hadn’t moved a muscle from her original spot and she immediately looked up at him. Stubbornness wanted her to stay put. At least part of her stubbornness voted for that solution while the other part voted against. And ultimately won. She momentarily looked over her shoulder to the continuing empty part behind her before she, in the end, walked the small distance over to Mono to join him. “I’m well aware that this isn’t normal. This isn’t even my first vampiric murder. I just..” she mumbles with a much lower voice before falling silent again before finishing her sentence. She didn’t quite know how. But then as they started walking, Maeve letting Mono show the way, doing her best to trust that he actually knew what he was doing, she reached a hand down in her pocket. Leaving the small shoe in it, she instead pulled out a small travel-sized packets of wet wipe which she handed over to Mono, still without looking at him. She was still mad at him, after all. “At the very least, wipe your face and hands. The blood is making me feel ill.”
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTirs Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Understandably they misunderstood each other. Or… he knew deep down that he was the one in defense and she had the natural reaction to all of it. She had just witnessed a murder. Vampire or not. It must still be traumatizing.
Just like her, he was rather embarrassed by the whole situation or rather embarrassed by his outburst of defense. He wasn´t even sure how to act properly.
wait… it wasn´t her first vampire murder?
Rather perplexed he slowly walked towards her. “Wait… have you witnessed another vampire being murdered or have you witnessed a vampire killing someone? Then why are you…”
Reacting like this towards me… he finished in his head.
He shook his head by his question. He reached out for the wipe and tried his best to wipe away the blood. It wasn´t easy. Some of it was even stock in his hair.
after some time, he finally got most of it away, walking over to a trash can to throw out the wet wipe.
“I never imagined that this would be the way we would meet again,” he softly stated.
did he try to start a new topic and maybe get her thoughts on something else? yes, that was most defiantly the case. He could although feel how her anger still laid over her as a thick cologne.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyOns Apr 21, 2021 10:02 am

”Then why am I this freaked out now?” she asked in a way to finish the question which she guessed he had been about to ask her. It had nearly made her chuckle as she got reminded of the irony that might be circling it but she, thankfully, refrained from it. “It’s probably because at that time I was being attacked by said vampire. And it wasn’t anything human that kill it..” At least not before she had woken up again some time later. “..so it was a lot easier to perceive than suddenly locking eyes with a..” She gulped merely by the thought of it. “.. severed head. I was never as close to it the first time around. I fainted shortly after, after all.” She fought herself so to not begin to feel embarrassed again because it really was embarrassing how prone her body was to simply peace out like that although there was good reasoning behind it. She could only be happy about not having done so this time, be happy that the reunion with Mono seemed to have been enough to keep her heart at a strange ease. Or at the very least he had made it possible for her to turn the shock into a sort of outrage instead.

Maeve had stubbornly told herself not to turn to look at Mono until he became more deserving of her attention and yet, as he had taken the wet wipe and was starting to scrub off the blood, she couldn’t help herself glancing to her side, towards him. The one wipe quickly became more and more light red the more he managed to get off but rather than focusing on that she saw him turn less and less terrifying, not being complete covered in blood splatter. Even with blood still on his clothe it was only because she knew that she’d be able to notice it, if she looked, since the black hid it exceptionally well. Probably why he was dressed like that…
I never imagined… His voice pulled her eyes, that had subconsciously lowered themselves down over him, back up to his face in an instance. “What? Oh. No. Me neither,” she quickly responded while a slight smile in the corners of her mouth peeped through just as she turned her eyes away from him again. “But considering everything, I really shouldn’t have been surprised. It looks like I’m the only one who’s been living that mundane life this whole time, so I should just come to terms that everyone else is anything but ordinary.” She let out a heavy sigh and place of putting her hands back in her pockets, she crossed her arms over her chest and nuzzled her cold hands in under her upper arms for a pit warmth. She hadn’t been thinking of bringing mittens, even if it was still freezing outside now with most of the snow melted. Still, she had originally just planned for it to be a quick trip and then home..
“Say,” she said with a careful and apprehensive voice that even translated to her big brown eyes when she betrayed her cold-shoulder treatment of him and looked up at him again. “I feel like I have to ask but: Are you actually human?” It was a default; everyone was one until she knew better. But she was still always doubting. Also, he had removed a head from a live body. Something she’d think would take a bloody large amount of physical strength.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyLør Maj 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Even with him not finishing his sentence, she understood him and even answered it, which made him listen closely. Back then… she had not been eye to eye with a severed head. Yeah… had he known she was hiding underneath there… he would not have been killing the vampire in such manners. Although it was one of the most effective ways to kill them.
He was not sure what to answer to it. So instead, he stayed silent, removed the blood from his face and tried to drive the topic elsewhere. Only for Maeve to agree and slowly turning it back again. Or… she told him how she was the only one living that mundane life. If only she knew… Cece had not known about all this before some years ago either. And when Mono thought back on that time… she had reacted just like Maeve. Freaked out about everything, not to mention, furious at Mono for not telling her from the starts.
“I know… sometimes… I dream of that Mundane life,” he admitted and sighed a deep sigh, just like her. With a calm voice, she now asked something he had never thought, that anyone would ever ask him. Was he a human?
“Yeah… yeah, I am a human… a human that has been trained since he was ten to kill vampires and to not seem weak in front of them,” he answered carefully. “I don´t know what more to say… what about you… are you also still a human?”
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyLør Maj 08, 2021 11:29 am

It was undoubtedly surprising to hear Mono’s story. He was human, but just not as human as she had thought. Or rather; not as human as her former thought of what a human was. It had changed since her eyes had been opened up to a whole other part of the world she lived in. One where even humans carried superpowers and abilities. One where humans could become immortal and strong. It, however, surprised her how calm she was listening to him and how her eyes didn’t avert much away from him, looking relaxed, yet observant on him. It was much easier to watch him, now that his handsome face wasn’t splattered with blood. What he told her, explained what he had meant just before with the dream of a mundane life. She couldn’t blame him. If only he knew how she dreamed of going back to that.. “That’s always something.” She smiled halfheartedly - tiredly. “Not that you being human makes any of this alright!” she quickly added as she had been about to turn her head away from him and made sure to catch his eyes with a firm look, devote of the blame, though. She then gently shook her head at him with a low muttering of something along the lines of ”If there really is a God… I’ll be forever damned..”

It was about the same moment where he - of course - chose to send back the same question in her direction and she automatically pulled herself from her muttering and looked right back up at him. First with a slightly surprised expression but not more than a short count later, a smile brought through together with a held back huff of a laugher that only evolved into something resembling more an actual laugh. It was still contained and in no way loud and bellowing but it was clearly one that came from her stomach. “I’m either the most human you can ever be. Or the least, if I’m going to honest with you,” she said as the amusement settled in her voice instead as she tugged her arms a little tighter around herself, pushing her shoulders up to cuddle her neck and ears better into the collars of her jacket to exploit the warmth of it. It was a cold night, no doubt about that.
“I recently found out that I can’t actually be affected by anything supernatural,” she explained at last while thinking back to the time it had been proven as well as the time that had followed. But she kept her eyes forwards as she talked. “I’m told it’s some kind of immunity but I’m not sure if it’s even anything that can go under the category of superpowers. It’s nothing like what I’m sure Cecilia has told you about that she has. It’s not like I do anything for it to appear. Or disappear.” It was always such a strange topic for her to talk about. Superpowers. Supernatural capabilities she had only really thought was part of comic books. It made very little sense to her how it all worked. Even less how her own little quirk worked.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTirs Jun 08, 2021 10:05 pm

Not that you being human makes any of this alright!
To that, he took a deep breath and placed his hands on his hips, making them rest there. “I know, I know. I have told myself that a lot of times too.” But he did not stop doing it. He felt as if he couldn´t. Or if he did, the vampire who was supposed to kill him, would come and end his life.
The second she mentioned a god, he raised an eyebrow, clearly not understanding what God had to do with all this. Mono was far from Christian. He although decided not to comment on it. It would be a waste of time.

Her answer to her question fired back was not what he had expected. She had some sort of special ability. Which, at least in his head, made her far from a normal human. But then again… what was normal in this world? It seemed as everyone had their own abilities and their own struggles with it. Mono would be surprised if there still was “normal” human life out there. Or… mundane. As Maeve had described it.
As he noticed her signs of being cold, he was about to again ask them to find shelter again when she described her “ability”.
Immunity? From the supernatural?
Puzzled he starred at her. Now rather curious of what this meant. “How? I mean… how immune? I mean… how did you figure it out? And… does it mean that no abilities will work on you… or any supernatural beings can hurt you?”

// beklager sene svar C:
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTirs Jun 08, 2021 11:03 pm

It was exactly that; what was to be considered normal? For Maeve normal was still very much the unknowing life she had had before the veil had been pulled back but much like him - unbeknown to her - the sheer amount of people walking around with superpowers, many of them human like herself, like Cecilia, like Mono, made it so easy to think that that was normal and the rest of the world, that wasn’t aware that fairy tale creatures and gods also existed was… not. If ‘normal’ could be described as anything deprived of the supernatural, the unexplainable, then she was convinced that she was as far into the spectrum of normal as one could get. Even more so than any human without special abilities.

How..?
There was something nostalgic about his cluster of confused follow-up questions and was that intrigue she would sense in his voice as well? It reminded her of the many questions she had asked herself and which she at times still asked. So she couldn’t blame him. At all. If anything it took away some more of the heaviness from the atmosphere surrounding them. A sweet smile played on her face as she turned her eyes towards him while they walked. Where to? Nowhere, probably. At that point she was just following him. “That about does, yeah. I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t really understand it fully myself but it’s like supernatural effects just…dissolved when it comes in direct contact with me.” A quick chuckle left her throat by the addition of whether or not she was also shielded getting hurt at all by the hands of supernatural induvial. “But as far as I know it doesn’t give me the power to be invincible like that. A demon can still punch me and a werewolf can still claw me. Probably,” she explained, still with the light hearted humour in her voice. It was easier to talk about all that sort of stuff with a bit of distance. Surely he would agree on that..
She breathed in deeply. Actually the evening air wasn’t so bad. She was grateful for her senses being just as ‘normal’ as she. Neither amplified or trained. Being able to smell the blood remaining on her strolling partner would make it a lot harder to ignore that part. “I wasn’t actually the one who figured it out. Cecilia did. And then she spoke about it with…” She looked up at Mono with a little more contemplation, not being entirely sure if she should bring the shapeshifter up. He should know about him… “… a mutual acquaintance who ended up dropping to bomb and then proceeded to.. what’s it called?” She looked away from him for a moment while searching for what she wanted to say. It was right there on the tongue and yet it refused to leave it!.. Urg! “Let’s just say that he made it very hard for me to not just make more dumb excuses,” she ended up saying instead, having given up on finding the right words.

Her smile had taken an underlying apologetic approach when she turned her head back in his direction and also brought forth the dimples in her cheeks. “Do you have superpowers too? You must have some kind of super strength to be able to do…” She pulled a face momentarily thinking back but quickly collecting herself again. She waved a gesturing hand in the direction she guessed the playground was compared to where they had reached. “… that there. Or is it just something that all hunters are able to do?”

// no problem! better late than never.<3

Sidst rettet af Maeve Lør Jun 12, 2021 10:39 pm, rettet 1 gang
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTors Jun 10, 2021 12:58 pm

To Mono… it all sounded rather… complicated. Yes, he had known about the supernatural since he was ten, but there was still so much to unwrap about it all. Especially abilities. They were as different as fingerprints. Maeve´s was one the few that Mono had not came across before.
Cece? A Mutual acquaintance?
“I uhm… I´m not quite sure I understand what you mean there either… I am at my slow this day,” He mumbled with a blush, followed by a chuckle, as he ran a hand through his short curls. It was as been a young lad again. Which felt rather weird if he might say so.
“What bomb? You mean… the supernatural? Or am I misunderstanding something… again.”

“My ability? Oh, I am able to heal myself and others,” he explained and the looked down at his gadgets. “I was able uhm… to do that thanks to the gadgets being magical themselves. It helps me a lot since I am only a human.” He shrugged.
Slowly he raised his gaze again and smiled softly at her. “Not that it makes it any more okay.” He teasingly winked at her, referring back to her own words.
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyLør Jun 12, 2021 11:11 pm

His chuckle was contagious and had Maeve let out a small one as well to him admitting that he still wasn’t following. She didn’t blame him, not one bit. She understood about as much about it that he did. Maybe a tiny bit more. So, if anything, she understood where he was coming from. “I’m probably not the best person to explain it, actually.” She shook her head at herself. She was actually quite glad about it; they way Mono was around the subject. It made her feel less dumb herself, which she had been feeling for pretty much the entirety of the time she had come to know about this other supernatural world. Talk of abilities and magic and what not still made her feel awkward and ignorant. And the young man beside her now somehow managed to give up a similar feeling that she sorely had been missing. A sense of normalcy. It was nice.
“What? Oh no no!” She was then pretty quick to debunk his believed second misunderstanding, hastily getting pulled right back into reality and away from her train of thought. “By bomb I mean, getting told that I have a superpower of my own. See, I thought I was without. Ordinary to a tee. I was completely convinced of this. I learned about the supernatural all the way back in October last year.” she started to clarify and lowered her gaze from him. It had been that day where the curse – the link – had been put on both their dear friends. It had been a night, for sure and she wasn’t all that fond of looking back at it even if there had been some great thing sprinkled in..

Luckily had her intention of changing subject by turning over the questions to Mono instead, the right outcome and as he started to talk, her big brown eyes found their way right back to him once again. Showcasing the astonishment of what he was telling her. Healing. And it wasn’t only himself. She had heard of enhanced regeneration speed but she guessed this was something different than that, from how he said it.
The cheeky little wink had her almost automatically pull a theatrical expression of offence and she had nearly shoved him with an elbow as if they were high school friends, making banter at each other. However, it did faintly brighten her smile. “No. And that certainly won’t either,” she commented right back before her mind going back to what he had said before about his own skills and… gadgets when suddenly an idea seemed to turn on a light bulb inside her head. “You know, I might know how to explain my supposed immunity. You can heal other people. But then imagine not being able to do that. That something …hmm.. neutralises that power you use. Yea, neutralises, that’s probably what defines it best. I’m not currently hurt,” Lie. “So I can’t demonstrate but…” Her eyes fell to his gadget for a short second. “…it’d be best not to let me touch any of your magical stuff.” Not that she wanted to. She’s prefer not to have anything to do with ..what he did. She clenched her jaw.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptySøn Jul 04, 2021 12:16 am

It was peculiar how they started and how they were now. Having a calm and nice conversation with his childhood crush, Who had just been a witness to him beheading a vampire.
Her way of trying to explain his dense mind her ability must have been amusing to her. He resembled a question mark. Although, he did his best to understand and after her second attempt, with the speech about neutralizes the power.
“Ohhhhh!” he burst out. “I think I´m slowly getting it.”
Her way of gazing at his gadgets, only for a few seconds, made him gaze down at them himself. The silver string was still leaving trails of blood. Coloring the grass from emerald green to red.
“I know…” he mumbled. “But… I… It´s either me or them.”
Selfish? Yes, indeed.
“Listen, Maeve… let´s uhm… go to dinner or something like that… or… If you refuse to be seen public with me, we can go to my place and I get if you do not wanna do that either.”
what was he even saying?
Maeve

Maeve

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle EmptyTors Jul 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Maeve was possibly very lucky that she was just a normal, plain human being, one without the ability to see much in the dark depths of the night because it meant she at least couldn’t see how the silver string was still covered in wet, dark red or how it dripped down and made a contrast in the grass. Even more lucky that she wasn’t trained to be observant of things like that either or it would’ve filed much more in her mind than simply don’t look at the instruments…. She was lucky that she had lived to long as she had without getting properly exposed to the supernatural. Lucky that she had been so thick that she hadn’t allowed herself to see when it was staring her right in the face as she, now that she had time to look back at previous events, realized. She looked up at him. She had been lucky that it had been Mono, she thought. At least she’d like to think that had been luck as well.

She had been about to turn her eyes away from him again, not commenting further upon his solemn thoughts on her obvious distaste of potential murder weapons dangling by his hips and where else he could’ve hidden them. But then he spoke again and this time it was far removed from their other topics of conversation, so of course she turned back towards him with eyes widened in naïve surprise. And then a few moments later she broke out in a warm chuckle which brought a matching smile to stay back on her lips.
It couldn’t be helped. It sounded like he was asking her out which in and of itself was so mundane compared to talk of superpowers or moral-questioning occupations. “I’m sorry to say it by I doubt anything is still open at this time of night unless you’re wanting to have dinner at some night club, Mo,” she pointed out as her laugh as subsided, shaking her head a little bit at him. “And even then I don’t think anyone will let you in with that getup.” She looked to him and gestured to his outfit. Even looking passed the blood, he looked suspicious. Black leather, heavy duty boots and gloves. Had he carried a motorcycle helmet then maybe it would make a bit more sense. His kind baby face didn’t help much either in having him not seem slightly misplaced.
“I think your place you be the best choice,” she eventually ended on and only after the words had left her mouth did she remember that she actually had never been at his place before. She had been by his place when giving Cecilia a ride to and from there but that really wasn’t as common a thing as one would think. And it only entailed knowing his street and building number. “My family is still up and about at this time so I won’t be able to hide it if I’m still pale or shaken up so for me to go home right away… Yea…” Mono also still explained her a lot more explanations! Even if he thought he was off the hook, he should rethink his carrier as a hunter because his instinct wouldn’t be accurate.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: From the window in my sand castle   From the window in my sand castle Empty

From the window in my sand castle
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Being stuck in a castle together is bound to be bad - Lion
» Time is like sand, it slips through your fingers
» There was that one guy from star wars about sand - Boadicea (cw)
» I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me
» Through the Window (CW, TW) - Kenna

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Aston centrum :: Parken-
Gå til: