Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

We persevere

Go down 
4 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
ForfatterBesked
Katelyn

Katelyn

Humør : Oh take your tampon out Dave.
Fag : Matematik + Kampsport + Psykologi + Biologi + Fysisk + Historie
Antal indlæg : 142

We persevere - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyMan Mar 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Katelyn made a small chuckle as she looked at Maya, how a day it must be for her, suddenly going from thinking that you had one kind of life, till having a family containing three more persons. Katelyn was a little higher than her sister, as she folded har arm around her she out her head against her hair. It was like a piece of her that had been missing suddenly found its hole in her heart and made it completed again.
Likewise” Katelyn mumbled and pulled Maya a little closer to her before letting go again. A big smile was on her lips as she looked at the blond Thunderbird “I have so many questions! Like what is your favorit food, and movie, oh and what kind of music do you like? I really like baking Christmas cookies and we should totally – by the way don’t you go to Athena? I think I’ve seen you before and-“ – “Katelyn” Nigel chuckle and put his arm around his daughter's shoulders and pulled her a little away from him. “Maybe we should take it one step at a time Yeah? I think we are all very overwhelmed about this, so, Maya what do you need right now? What can we do for you?” Nigel said with a slight smile on his lips, pulling Katelyn a little closer as she started mumbling something, in the end he put his hand over her mouth, but it was clear that they both just thought it was funny. Katelyn’s glowing golden eyes was at least looking like it.
Nigel looked over to Daisy asking her, without even using his words, what she wanted to do.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Maya

Maya

Humør : Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
Fag : Billedekunst, Musik, Kemi, Psykologi & Kampsport
Antal indlæg : 376

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyMan Mar 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Luckily Maya was used to having friends, she was used to Tidus talking her ears off, so the questions wasn't too overwhelming. The whole situation was overwhelming itself and she had to take a deeper breath in. Her mind noted all the questions, every single one of them, because she wanted to be able to answer them. However, before Katelyn could finish her list of questions, Nigel, her father, stopped her. Maya breathed a little out and nodded a few times. Maya ran her left hand through her hair and breathed out. Maya what do you need right now? The question echoed in her mind along with the others. "You don't have to make a choice about anything right now," Daisy turned her eyes from Nigel to their little girl. Even if all Daisy wanted was to just take Maya with her home and they could get to know her - all of that - she knew they couldn't just pack her up from what ever reality she lived in. They couldn't just expect someone to change their life in a heart beat. "We will be there, always without a doubt - and if you want us, we will be there. But most importantly no matter what you do, we will always love you." Daisy gave Katelyn's head a quick kiss.

Maya took a deeper breath in and looked at all three of them. Still she was so terrified that Persephone would show up in a few seconds, tell her to wake up from yet another dream. "I would like to talk-" she took a deeper breath in. "I would like to answer endless questions.. ask endless questions.. but I am.. scared too.. that I will wake up and this will all be a dream." She took a deeper breath in as she confessed this. The fear showed slightly in her eyes. What Daisy hated most about all of this, was seeing how affected and overwhelmed Maya was - but she didn't know how to comfort her, she didn't know when to comfort her and if she even should try to.

Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed
Antal indlæg : 218

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTirs Mar 23, 2021 8:28 am

It was quite a revelation when Nigel realized that he might be better fit for this, than the two girls. In all the years it had always been Daisy who knew how to calm Katelyn down. Nigel had been there for the more hands to hands stuff, pushing her mind and her limits to become a better version of herself.  Because that was what Nigel knew, what he had been brought up with.

He nodded and sighed, he knew that feeling all to well. Being afraid to wake up and realizing that it was all just a beautiful dream, and the life you had was actually the nightmare. It was a weight on your heart and shoulders that one should bear.
How about this” he started and looked towards the two others “Maya and I will go for a trip out of town – and then when this has all sunk in, we met up again at your house Daisy? I’m thinking that Alison would like to get her house back” he said with a slight smile on his lips, there was something he wanted to show Maya, something that might make all of this a little easier to cope and give into the fact that this was actually happening.
He then looked towards Maya, waiting for what she thought about that idea.
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTirs Mar 23, 2021 9:00 am

How about this Maya turned her blue eyes to Nigel. Right now, he was the one she had spend most time with. Not much more time but still enough till she had a feeling about him even before learning all this. Even if Daisy did have some signs of battle-scars in her eyes, it wasn't the same war as the one Nigel had in his. A warzone she knew, and understood- which gave her mind a sense of him being able to understand her at least a bit. Daisy gave Nigel a nod, it sounded like a good idea. "That is a good idea," the banshee confirmed with a warmer smile. Maya nodded as well. "Yeah.. I would like that." The young thunderbird took a deeper breath in, she knew at some point later tonight she would have to change into her shape - but right now it wasn't her first priority. "Come on Monkey, we will make a nice dinner for them," she spoke softly to Katelyn with a smile. Alison walked back into the living room, of course she had been listening. She had a new basket of cupcakes and handed it to Daisy. "Then you have some dessert as well." Maya turned her eyes to Alison with a warmer smile. Daisy looked at the eye contact between her daughter and the fairy. "Thank you," Daisy mouthed looking at the fairy as she took the basket. The thank you wasn't for the cupcakes and the fairy knew that. Daisy was thankful that someone had found, had seen Maya and taken her in - even if it had been years, a week - she could clearly see they had a good relationship. "I know it's not taco Tuesday, but maybe we could have tacos? I mean who can say no to tacos?" Maya then suggested after a moment of silence. Alison chuckled a little bit at Maya and then looked up at Daisy. "Of course me and Katelyn will go to the store."

Maya gave Alison a quick warm hug, "say hello to Amaryllis from me. I will come visit you two soon," she smiled at Alison. The fairy looked over at Nigel as she banshee and the other young girl left the house. "You are welcome," she gave Nigel a warmer smile and a slight nod. "So, what part of out of town do you want to go?" Maya asked as she stepped outside and walked towards the tuck. Maya didn't get outside of Gaia that often, not unless she was visiting Tatia and the pack, which was a while ago as well by now. She hadn't spoken much to Tatia since Simon had left both of them. Maya was naturally good at adapting to everything around her and put on her best mood, even if she was overwhelmed - she was known for that, being a ball of energy. And right now she needed that till she at least got a chance to let everything sink in.
Nigel

Nigel

Humør : What doesn't kill me better start running, because now I'm fucking pissed

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTors Mar 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Nigel didn’t say much has he just watched and observed how all of them started deciding and talking about what should happening. It was a mix of just being very happy, and also very overwhelmed. As Maya walked over to him and said her goodbyes to Alison, Nigel nodded and gave her a warm smile back before he turned around and walked over to his car, Maya already following him. Where did he want to go? A small smile showed on his lips “I have a small cabin in the woods we are going to, I’m going to show you something” he said as he placed himself in the car and started it. He put on some of his old school music, which meant 80’s and 90’s rock.

The rest of the time towards the forest, wasn’t really spend with much talking. Mostly because he had taken this chance also to give Maya some time to just sit and thing, to take all that had happened in. He had always been good at staying quiet and then she got the best of both scenarios. She wasn’t left to think about it on her own, and therefore might be. Scared that it was all a dream, but still got the silence that she needed – or it had looked like she needed.

Finally, he drove into a little small plot of land, where a lone cabin stood. It was clear that it wasn’t bigger than one room, but it had more than enough room for what he had needed it for. Now he didn’t really need it anymore.
Something she would see soon enough.
follow me” he said and got out of the car and walked towards the house, he found his keys in his back pocket and opened up for it. When he turned on the light it would show a map, all over the map was red threads pinned to locations, pictures both of monsters, but also to find his daughter. That daughter that was standing right beside him.
Katelyn got kidnapped a few years back, and that was when I got the first real lead in years, and yes – this was the result, but as you can see the first one start 16th October 2000” he stepped aside, letting her take it all in. You could call it his way of showing her that he never stopped looking, and that he had been there from the start, even if he hadn’t been right beside her.
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyFre Mar 26, 2021 4:36 am

The drive was nice, and the silence needed even through inside Maya's head it was never quite. Her mind always buzzing around with everything she saw, heard and felt - a life in total overdrive. Then again, with powers like that you also learned to cope with it. Maya liked the nature, and the fact he had told her they would go to a cabin seemed like a good idea. Maya had her eyes mostly turned outside, she didn't even have the head to think about where they were going, all she could do was overanalyze what just had happened - which was a bit exhausting to be frank. Everything was overwhelming, but having some time to rethink about everything without being total faced with it - it seemed like the best plan. It was unusual for her to stay this quite, but the second he turned up the radio, it was like a little kickstart to her and she started jamming along to whatever song - most of them were memorized by now. If anything her and Tidus had their kitchen karaoke moments to most of these songs - and after being neglected the chance of expressing herself through art and music when younger, she never missed a chance to sing along to a good song.

They reached the cabin, placed in the scenario like a forgotten yet important place - how she felt time to time. It was small and easily look over by bypassers, which made it perfect. Follow me, Maya got out of the car and followed him towards the cabin, her eyes took the area in as they walked closer. She was used to scan the places she went, mostly in fear of someone finding it their duty to try rub her form the happiness she tried to collect. Maya followed him inside as he unlocked the door, once again her eyes and mind got to scan the area. Maya had seen maps like this before in cases of missing people, people of interest and held her breath for a while. She was surprised to hear that Katelyn had been kidnapped for a short time as well, but for the moment there was something else that made her more curious.

It was perhaps the fact that she had been thinking this whole time, that no one was looking. That no one cared. Maya took a few steps further in and tried looking at the clues and leads he had gotten. Changing her name had been the military's best error in both their searches it seemed. Her mind trying to wrap around her new reality, the whole kidnapped moments after she was born. It changed the things she knew about herself, all the stories she had been told. Maya took a longer glance at some of the leads, trying to connect the time lines. The first lead was only two days after she was born, it fitted the time line from the first family she had been with. It seemed like the person who had done the kidnapping had gotten cold feet and just placed her with some family. Maya could recall all the memories from that family by now, if she wanted to, but she didn't because they had left her. They had been the first people to leave her. She turned her eyes to a lead from 2004 where a young blonde was seen at the hospital in a critical state, then gone few days later like nothing had happened. Maya frowned a bit by looking at the pins, she hadn't even made it to the fact yet that he had been looking all this time. "I was at the military after 2004," she could see the blank space for years. Some right leads and some that didn't make sense - then again, who would think their daughter had been taken to the military? "I ran away from them after the Muertos attack," she crossed her arms a little bit still not letting her eyes leave the map.  Losing almost everyone you knew on that field was harsh and she had been carrying that guilt of surviving for way to many years. "I went looking for you as well. Or I tried, even with my excellent hacking skills I couldn't really find much. Most of my files are made up, so -" Maya held her breath for a short moment before finally looking at Nigel again.
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptySøn Mar 28, 2021 7:20 pm

He just let her take it in. He wasn’t in a rush even as the girls, Katelyn and Daisy was out shopping for tacos and surely getting right to it when they came home. That was one thing they had always enjoyed together, cooking.
Nigel nodded as she started listing up the years that he had missed and just waited till she was done and turned around. Hacking skills, huh?
“Well in that department I’m a dinosaur” he pulled out his Motorola flip phone and showed it of before he put it down in his pocket again. “Might be why you would have problems with finding me, I’m brought up in a small clan outside Nepal, we had one small tv – well small is a wrong description. It was just this very big box, that weighed over a ton to be fair. The only thing you could see was this very old romance films and some actions one to. Other than that, we grew up with no internet, no phones. Only my sister she somehow managed to smuggle a phone into her room. Well, I gave it to her, but we don't need to go into details ” he huffed with a smirk and a half laugh, before he walked over to her “want to help me take it down?” he smiled and look at her “Now that we finally found each other it would be a rest way of starting a new chapter” he said and walked over and found some cardboard boxes. He came back with to in his hand and put them down on the floor.

here is for a better and brighter future” he said and started pulling the pins and taking down all the evidence he had found about Maya, or any reason on why she had been taken. Now it didn’t matter, and they could let the past go, while healing together.
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyMan Mar 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Maya couldn't help but laugh a little, as he pulled the phone out and almost longed to get her hand on the tech. But she also knew it wasn't hers to touch. "You are right about that," she shook her head a little bit. It wasn't really because it was till around few years ago she had gotten her first phone that was just her own. Maya turned her eyes to him as he shared his story, where he had grown up, she could picture it in her mind as it picked up very little seed. It was different from her job at the military, she had learned to hack almost as she had started with math and other school stuff. "I can't imagine that, almost too out of this world," she chuckled a bit. Even if she hadn't been interested in phones and the internet just as much as many girls her age.

The attention shifted to the whole search board, as he asked if she wanted to help him take it down. Now that we finally found each other,Maya felt her heart skip a beat. It was odd how that reality was a reality now. She didn't even know if she should cry more, laugh or simply just be. However, she started helping him putting things away. Her mind still reading every single thing, every single piece of information. "I lived with a pack in the forest for a year after - it was the safest place to stay at after," she told while putting things down. Maya couldn't put her past down, but she could tell it as she packed it away. "I've been hunted for my abilities.. Alison took me in few years back - she is the best," Maya took a deeper breath in knowing she didn't share everything, but maybe just enough to create an image. An image that would be prettier than the actual event. "But.. I'm okay."
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTirs Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm

He looked up as she started talking about what had happened to her. A pack? There was a lot of Packs here in Gaia, Moonlight falls had some too. And then there was a lot of Packs around the worlds as well, but he didn’t ask. He was a hunter after all, and most of these packs was very secretive about their locations. So, he just nodded as to encourage her to tell him more. He took a deep breath, and then remembered how scared Daisy had been. And why she had been helping other supernatural creatures to get away from hunters. Which had been some kind of twisted fate that they had ended up together. “Daisy, your mother has some very powerful abilities too, she can tell you more about that – but if someone will get it, it’s your mother and your sister” he said with a soft smile and took a deep breath and put a hand on her shoulder “It’s also okay, not to be okay. Just know that nothing is forever, and it will get better” he said with a soft smile, he wanted to tell her that it would be better not that she had them in their lives. But he would have been on the offence of that himself, as he wouldn’t be able to believe it before he saw it with his own eyes. Something told him, that his daughter was the same.

Katelyn was kidnapped some years ago too” he said and took a deep breath in as he started packing again “She, is something else – they are called Aasimars” he explained “they are very rare, and they are born, because their mother is about to lose their child” it was hard to explain, as it always reminded him that he yet was not at home to help Daisy. “Which makes her a target for many, as they have a very deep bound with a goddess called Imera” he told and scratched his beard “It’s all very weird to me, but just know that I would do anything in my power to protect you, just as I did with her
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTirs Apr 06, 2021 9:45 pm

Maya smiled a little, knowing she had her powers from somewhere even if they had been hidden from her for years. She found comfort in them coming from some place familiar. "Yeah, maybe," she replied. Perhaps the energy. She had felt it in the room when Daisy had entered, how their energies had matched. All of them. It’s also okay, not to be okay, she turned her head to him and took a deeper breath in. "Things haven't been okay for a really long time - I'm turning a new leaf," she replied with a smaller smile. Maya tried at least to search for the path she believed was hidden for her somewhere underneath everything. "Life can't ever be all bad or all good. Eventually, things have to come back to the middle," she added to his words from few seconds before. "Alison says that often, it's implanted in my brain by now," she chuckled while shaking her head a little bit. "My mind works faste than the usual people's. I pick up on everything and remember everything.. so, there is that."

Katelyn was kidnapped some years ago too, that sentence made her head turn as she listened to what he said. Every single word Aasimars, she took a mental note on everything Nigel told her about Katelyn. Along with that she took in all his facial expressions, she wanted to learn them as well and after today it had been filled with different expressions. Imera. She nodded and took a deeper breath in. Maya was happy he confessed that it was weird to him, it was all weird to her as well - it was most likely weird to all of them, but as he said he would protect her she could feel her heart skip a few beats a head. Not sure how to respond. "I'm glad she has you in her life. To find her," she turned around and looked up into her father's eyes. "That's what I always wanted, I've been protecting myself for so long now.. It's what I know best," she confessed and wrapped her arms slightly around herself. "Don't beat yourself up about the past, there is a reason it's in the past. But we can make sure that the future looks better," she gave him a warmer smile. Her way of saying she would give him and the whole family thing a chance. Maybe she was channeling her inner Howie, giving people a chance.  Maya knew there was things that had happened in her life, things both Nigel and Daisy would wish they had protected her from, kept her from all the pain she had been through and they couldn't, the past was the past.  
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptySøn Maj 09, 2021 2:02 pm

He nodded when Maya started to talk about how things never could be the same. Something he knew very well, but what surprised him, was the fact it was coming out of a twenty-year-old. That only told the story of her having a hard life, something that was so similar to his own. “Well sounds like both a blessing and a curse” he said very matter of fact, as he never really envied those that had a fast-working brain that always remembered everything. But funny enough, everything thing was something that could be remembered, if it was connected to a memory. Either good or bad, those were the things that always would stay imbedded in a person’s mind. Consciously or unconsciously.

Nigel smiled towards Maya as she told him that it was good Katelyn had something like him in her life, and he only wished he could do the same for Maya. But he could know, even if something bad would happen just after he had found her again. He wasn’t sure he would be able to get over that, not again. Not ever again.
I get it” he finally breathed out “I grew up in Nepal” he started explaining hoping it would give them even more common ground that Maya might even think they had. “I always had my family, or I knew who they were at least, but growing up in a small closed off town of hunters, breeding hunters – it’s more like you’re growing up in a cult” he scratched his forehead and breathed out “I had a really god younger brother, he was my best friend and we lost him unfortunately some years back, and I’ll never forget what my father said” he shook his head “This is why we get more kids, because monsters out there will always be there to try to kill us” it was a dry laugh as he looked into the wall “That was when I vowed to myself that I would never stop trying to find you even as so many years had passed and we weren’t even sure if you were alive anymore. But never would a child of mine be put in the world, just to - be a pawn in some kind of sick game” he looked towards her and gave her a smile “And here we are, and now you will have one more in your life that will always come if you need it, not matter what happens from here on out
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyTors Maj 13, 2021 11:07 am

"It is.," she confessed. In many ways her abilities were a liability making her rethink everything, notice everything and remind herself off all the shitty things that had happened to her, how everything felt and hurt. But it was also the ability that made her learn how to adapt, how to know she could and she would survive whatever life threw at her. It was because of that ability that Maya was still standing here, a mess and all, but she was still standing. "Some days are pretty shitty with it to be frank, but I'm making the best of it," she assured him with a little half smirk. It was the truth for what it was worth.

He grew up in Nepal, for a second she wondered how and why. Hunters. Her eyes darted a little bit, she had met a few hunters in her life time. A few to many some would most likely say. Hunters breeding hunters, that sounded more dangerous than good, at least for supernatural creatures - her mind went straight to Tatia, that shapeshifter would kill any hunter with a blink of an eye. For all the right reasons, if you had asked Maya. But she could see why he would call it a cult, it sure did sound like it. Then he mentioned the loss of his younger brother making her drag a sharper breath in. I vowed to myself that I would never stop trying to find you.. Maya held her breath for a short time, but she listened, she listened to every single word, every breath taken between sentences, the sound of his heart beating.

...and now you will have one more in your life that will always come if you need it. Maya exhaled before clearing her throat. Her mind racing with former experiences with people who had promised her the world, and only left her alone while her world was on fire. But she couldn't stop being a little optimistic, she had to at this point, to force herself to believe that there might be hope somewhere out in the darkness. Even if she was afraid to just end up disappointed again. Maya hated that, hated that she couldn't just go into something take a chance on it without having million of thoughts think it through. She gave him a nod and took a slightly deeper breath in again. Maya ran a hand through her blonde hair and looked shortly around them, then walking over to the table ripping a piece of one of the papers, and grabbed a pen to write down her phone number. "Here," she handed him the note with her number on. "Then we can stay in touch," her eyes locked on his with a warmer smile on her lips. Maya had always wanted her family, even when she gave up on finding them, she never really did give up completely. She had always hoped a little bit that one day she was lucky enough, and just perhaps just maybe they would have missed her too and none of the shit she had grown up with was real. Who would have thought that her dream scenario would have turned out to become real?
Nigel

Nigel

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptyLør Maj 29, 2021 11:07 am

His eyes followed her as she walked over to the table and ripping a piece of his many papers just lying around. Then she came back with the paper and a phone number written on it, a small smile formed on his lips as she told him that they could stay in touch.

Thank you” he said and looked at the paper as if she had just given him one of the greatest gifts he had gotten in a very long time. And it wasn’t even far from the truth, her beginning at the same place that he worked. What a miracle that had been.

He pulled down the last of the papers that had been hanging on the wall. Then it was ready for the next big chase he would take, but he also felt that maybe this would be the starting point of something new. If he should even continue to be a hunter. Having so many people close to him that was another race than human, had made him realize that hunters might not be what the world needed. Or maybe it did, just under another name, because there would also be some humans out there that deserved being hunted and wiped from the face of the earth.
He shook his head a little and took a deep breath. “So, should we drive to get us some delicious tacos?” he said with a warm smile while looking at Maya.
Maya

Maya

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 EmptySøn Jun 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Her mind still had the word hunter echoing distant in her head, it just reminded her about summer last year when she had turned first. The hunter who wanted their wings, quickly she pushed the though away by thinking about something else. It wasn't like she wasn't used to people with different life styles than her, or different backgrounds - because she was, and she was surprisingly well adjust to it all. Maya was still hushing the voices of memories of all the times people had turned her back on her and left her alone, it took a greater deal of her than many realized to even have followed her actual father out here. Because she was terrified that one day, he, and her mother and her sister would look at her and realize she wasn't who they wanted. Maya watched him take the last paper down, leaving the entire wall blank, clean. A clean slate. Maye that was what they all needed. A fresh new beginning.

So, should we drive to get us some delicious tacos? Maya turned her head to the side, her smile slowly warmed up just as she nodded. "Sounds like a great idea," she replied with a nod. It was still overwhelming, but then again, for the first time she felt like there was something good about doing the thing that scared her more than anything ever had before. She didn't want to let these people down.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: We persevere   We persevere - Page 2 Empty

We persevere
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 2Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Aston centrum :: Gågaden-
Gå til: