Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

It Only Gets Much Worse

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

It Only Gets Much Worse Empty
IndlægEmne: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Date: 26th of February 2021
Time: Around the evening.
Topic for: @Michael & @Remy
____

"I'm telling ya Rachel, today is the day," he smiled at the rat that was just starring at him from the other side of the room. He had been in here for way to long, or it had been what, a few weeks by now? Joseph had lost track of time in the dark, but he was part vampire, the darkness didn't do a number on him. It had been a few days since Elenora had left for his meeting, and which only really meant one thing - but it was her own fault, she was the one who wanted to go. Joseph was in a room, the size of a small apartment really. There was a chain in the celling, making him able to walk around, but only in a selected rute. The chain around his neck was tight and made it hard to actually breathe, but the real pain in the ass was the anti-magic chains around his wrists, making him unable to reach the magic that should've been back by now after he had been drinking from Maeve. He couldn't even siphon them, which had made him laugh a few times. What was a few weeks in the dark for someone who had lived for as long as Joseph had? Finally. He heard something, it was the sound of someone coming down the bunker, maybe the girl had escaped? No, the aura was way to strong. The lights was turned on in the bunker, and it made him shut his eyes a little bit. "Miguel" he spoke with a bright smile, "so lovely seeing you here," he just stood there in the middle of the room. There was a white line marked on the ground, the line was how far someone could go without getting too close to him. He couldn't reach them behind that line. Joseph looked pale, mostly because Elenora had been draining him form blood, making his skin look almost grey. "You should have called, I would have cleaned up.. made some tea." He frowned a bit, "I wouldn't waste my time looking for her here - she went to a meeting of mine.. She will be in good hands," he couldn't put his stupid grin aside. Joseph shook his head a little, "I told her not to go, but.. she is a stubborn little thing isn't she?"
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyOns Feb 24, 2021 6:07 pm

A heavy toll had been lifted from his shoulders the moment his daughter told him that she'd captured Joseph. He had no idea how she’d done it. The angels had spent weeks tracking him down with no luck. Ever since he'd attempted to murder Clarissa. One thing was that he’d lied to Michael and gone against his warnings, cursing that human back in October. But this time he’d gone too far. So, he was exultant to know that he was trapped. At least this way he wouldn’t be able to hurt anyone else. However, the relief was short-lived. He’d tried to get in contact with Elenora for a few hours now. And he couldn’t help but think the worst. That Joseph had managed to harm her. So, here he was. Standing outside the bunker in the forest where she’d kept him.

Once he’d gained access and turned on the lights, his eyes landed on the siphoner. For a moment just taking in the view. Joseph being chained up like the animal he was. He could tell that he was deprived of blood, rendering him weaker than the effect of the anti-magic chains. He’d lie if he said it wasn’t very satisfying to see him like that. He didn’t respond to his greeting, instead, he looked around the room to get a better idea of the resources in it, as well as any sign of Elenora, or rather, a clue related to her disappearance. Joseph caught onto this, talking of her having gone to some meeting. That she was in good hands. The mere repulsion he got from thinking what that meant only fueled his anger and his glare returned to Joseph. “Who?” He took off his suit jacket, throwing it over the back of a chair before he stepped forward and rolled up his sleeves. Stopping just behind the white line on the floor. “Where did she go?” Joseph knew exactly who she had gone to meet. Someone bad. Somewhere bad. And all he did was smile. Oh, but he was going to make sure he wouldn’t be able to smile once he was done with him. To dry that stupid grin off his face for good. That much was certain.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyOns Feb 24, 2021 7:25 pm

The blue eyes watched Michael as he took off his suit jacket, and he couldn't hold back a short laughter. "Aw, are you here to punish me?" It was his own stupidity talking right now, and a part of him knew that very well. He had done things, way to many things that was on a list of pissing Michael off - some of them wasn't really because of Michael, but it was also like Michael knew everyone around here. Joseph didn't answer on who, he already knew Calvin wouldn't be fond of him for not showing up - however, he did hope he liked the pretty company instead. "Well.. It's not like I have super vision or anything - some people.. oooh - they see everything." Joseph took a deeper breath in, feeling uncomfortable by the chain around his neck. "See, I know you are mad.. but it's all over now, so I say we just move on and go back to before all of this," he then said looking at Michael with a brighter smile. "Okay.. Okay, I will give you a hint on where she might have gone," he then announced - mostly just to give himself a little chance. After all, Joseph valued his own survival very much. "I had a meeting in Southside, so.. If she hasn't returned yet.. yikes.. I guess she might be dead already." Joseph sighed a bit, he didn't mind if she were. But he didn't really know, he didn't even know if she had went, but if she was anything like Michael - which to his observation she was, funny enough - she had went straight to the point. "She reminded me of you, you both have this serious-face-thing going on." Had he just referred to Elenora in past-tense? Yeah, he did realize that few seconds later.

Joseph had to admit it would be a shame if she was dead. Also, it would likely make this his final home if she was, wouldn't it. Joseph thought about that for a second, he didn't really like that scenario. "You know what you need? You need a little bit of hope, I've heard it should do absolute wonders." Joseph could feel his muscles tense a little bit, he hated this new found worry he had taken on after being separated from the human and the demon. Like if Michael had asked nicely, who knew, perhaps he would just have told him, who really knew.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyFre Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm

After everything he’d done, the punishment was the least of his concern. It was the final damnation he should truly be worried about. The torture that awaited him in Hell. Joseph was incredibly foolish for agitating Michael further, and right now, it’d surprise him if he even could anger him more than he already had. Typically, Joseph kept his cards tight. Not wanting to reveal the name of his partner or whoever he was supposed to have a meeting with. “I’m really not in the mood for any more of your lies.” He crossed the line and kicked him back with the sole of his shoe into the cement wall. That he was mad was a vast understatement. He was furious. And at this point, he didn’t really see much of a reason for not ending him. He clenched his fists as he neared him, then halting as he seemed willing to tell him something. But what he said wasn't helping. That Elenora might be dead already. His fist collided with his jaw with a burning vigor before he grabbed him around his neck, tightening the chains further. “Where in Southside?” he asked him, generating a flare of electricity in his other hand that he threatened to use on him, should he choose not to tell him the exact location. Electrocuting him excruciatingly. His eyes were cold and dark as he looked at the man who’d hurt so many innocents. And he didn’t feel the least bad about hurting him back. “You should try it sometime. To be serious rather than play with everyone around you.” He didn’t see how he could care so little. Knowing that it all would end right here. One thing was pissing off a lesser being. But an archangel. That was perhaps his dumbest mistake. Joseph had been much better off just keeping him on his better side.

He then let go of his grip around his neck. Albeit the chains now being even tighter than they were before. Instead, he channeled his holy light in combination with his shield to keep Joseph pinned to the wall. He walked a few steps back and drew a blade from the back off his belt. “You know, I’ve worked on crafting this weapon the past weeks. I've never had to kill a siphoner before, so I just combined all the weaknesses of witches and vampires into one,” he explained as he held it up to admire the shining blade and its engraved symbols in the light. Michael arched a brow at his sudden insight on what he might need. “Hope for what? That you’ll just magically change?” He scoffed. “Please.” If Joseph had wanted to change, he’d done so ages ago. And if there was any hope left for him. Even the tiniest bit. Then Michael surely wasn’t the one to try and dig it out. Neither did he want to. To him, he was beyond salvation. He briefly pointed the knife at him. “You’ve got humor though. I've got to give you that.” he said with the faintest of smiles before he approached him, still upholding the pin as he didn't want him to resist once he was about to test the blade. He slashed him across the arm and took a moment to look at the wound before he raised his gaze to Joseph's eyes. Trying to get a sense of just how bad the damage was.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Mar 02, 2021 5:30 am

How the story about the boy who cried wolf repeated. There was no way that Michael was going to believe everything he said, he knew he had betrayed that trust months ago, but he also had a long history with Michael. At some point, he would realize that there was no lies right now, the only thing Joseph had to lose right here was his life, and it was pretty damn easy to do so. Michael's rage was usually something Joseph was a huge fan off, when it was used on him. Collided with the cement wall behind him almost took his breath away, he didn't have much strength to recover from. He couldn't even touch his own nerves to numb the pain, every vein in his body was already burning enough as it was from hunger. Joseph felt Michael's fist around his neck, and the blue eyes starred into the archangel's. It wasn't like he didn't want to give off any information, he just hadn't a lot of resources on how to help people who hurt you. Joseph felt the ongoing burn around his entire body caused by the electrocution and he screamed up, till Michael let go of him. For at short moment at least. It was already hard enough to breathe as it was.

Once again the siphoner was meeting the lovely wall he had been starred at the past weeks, but it wasn't really the kind of embrace he had in mind. The blue eyed siphoner watched the archangel as he talked about a weapon, of course he had brought a new toy with him. Joseph wasn't the one to show fear, he didn't believe in fear, but for some reason - that stupid link had made him connect more with the human parts of him, at least just a little bit. He blamed Ajax for having been in his mind space and opening a bunch of books and leaving them open before they had been separated. Joseph took a deeper breath in and collected himself. "I see you have talked to the lovely Cecilia," he mumbled to himself, mostly to realize how screwed he really was. There was a reason he had worked slowly on breaking the link, to buy himself more time. "Alexis Capri," he then said on the next exhale. "I was going to meet with the manager of Alexis Capri, she wanted to check it out -" Joseph tried to catch his breath. "Does the name Calvin Ambrose mean anything to you?" One thing was having a lot of people you liked working together with, one thing was picking favorites. Joseph was good at picking favorites, and he had two personal favorites. "Come on, I have no reason to lie -"
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyLør Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Ah yes, Cecilia. The person he'd told him to stay away from. He clenched his fist and punched him across his face, slamming his head into the wall. “That was for cursing her.” That and because he genuinely got satisfaction from seeing him in pain. Thinking of all the hurt he’d put on others. Especially Cecilia. A girl who in no way had deserved it. Besides those reasons, Michael was under immense pressure from every side. His stress and pain had been on the verge for a very long time, but he had no choice but to push through, and admittingly that frustration was being let out on him as well. The frustration he held against all beings like him.

Michael pressed the blade against his forearm again, but before he made a cut, he halted. Alexis Capri. Elenora had gone to Southside. And as far as he knew her, she had gone on her own. For heaven’s sake. He exhaled sharply, feeling the grip in his chest tighten. His mind didn’t want to jump to any conclusions, but whatever had happened to her, it could hardly be anything good. Once he revealed the name, he looked into his eyes. Trying to sense a sign of a lie in them, thinking that he could as well say whatever to buy time. Because he had heard of him. Calvin had taken Saga in for interrogation a week ago. They had destroyed an operation in Cuba that he had been part of. And clearly, he hadn’t been pleased with the ruined business prospects. But preceding that event, he had only known of the reputation of the motel. Not anything about the person running it.
He removed the blade to let the few drops of blood drip down on the floor beside him. “You didn’t have a reason to lie to me back in Autumn either. Yet you did. And then when I learned about the curse, now that was the icing on the cake. You’ve always had a way to surprise me. And not in a good way, mind you. But that was when I realized that you couldn't care less about our so-called partnership.” He talked as if the previous information hadn’t moved him much. Although the emotions had clearly been there at first. Not that he thought Joseph had noticed as he'd looked down at his arm at the time. “It does however seem that there still is more value in keeping you alive.” He pressed the point of the knife right underneath his chin, aligning the sharp blade against his skin and the metal chain. “So, here’s the deal. You'll tell me everything I want to know. I’ll go to the motel and look for Elenora. And if she’s there then I will know that you’ve told me the truth... Once that's done, perhaps we can figure something out, you and I.” He smiled vaguely as he looked into his eyes, waiting for him to accede.
Remy

Remy

Humør : To lead people, walk behind them.
Antal indlæg : 121

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyMan Mar 08, 2021 3:47 pm

The whole week had been surprisingly busy and he was somewhat tired. There had been a lot of people he had had to help cross over from the mortal realm to the underworld and a lot of them had been incredibly scared, draining his powers slowly. So many prayers, seemingly out of nowhere. He wondered if by coming back to Heaven he somehow had triggered the belief in him down on earth. It had reached the end of the day before Remy finally sat down, exhaling in a large sigh, content with his day’s work. He had done well and was still happy and proud to be more active in his duties. The week had only been more hectic considering that Michael had put some sort of heads on Joseph, attempting to track him down because of the whole ordeal with Clarissa. Remy had not confided in Michael that he had sought out the Siphoner a few weeks ago to tell him to lay low and stop messing with his brother - words that he had meant from the bottom of his heart, fearing for Joseph's safety. Words that were only more important after he had found out what Joseph was actually after. He hoped that his old friend had taken his words to heart and for once listened to him. He needed to stop this dangerous obsession of his.
Remiel rolled his eyes at the sappy thoughts and shook his head as he sat down for the first time all day, feeling the soreness in his legs as he did so.
At the end of the day Remy had his own little ritual of making sure that his friends and family were safe. He always started with Uriel, hoping that today would be the day he would finally get to see him again - it had been so long, and he was frustrated that no one could seem to find him and a still little scared of what had happened to him. Alas today was another day of fog and nothingness as his eyes turned green and he used his divine vision. Just fog. With another sigh he decided to check on Jos-

You need a little bit of hope.
The voice reached him before the vision did. It wasn’t always that he could hear what was happening when he was seeing people; usually only if they were praying. This felt very similar to a prayer and it made the hairs on his neck raise. Joseph never prayed. He took in the room around his old friend, knitting his eyebrows as he saw it all. The chains, the drained, pale face of Joseph and -
Michael?!
Remy couldn’t help an annoyed growl. Jesus. What on Earth was that? A flare of anger shot though him. If Michael had captured Joseph and continued the search on him that meant trouble. He growled to himself. God damnit. He hadn't spoken to Michael a lot since his return and sensed that his brother was not just very busy but also a little disappointed in him for having left for those 80 years. He drew air in through clenched teeth before teleporting.

After a long and tiresome day he missed the exact spot he had wanted to teleport to by a few irrelevant meters, but it didn't exactly help his mood. The winter air cooled down his heated cheeks as his perfect vision scanned the forest ground in search of the bunker. Everything was bright and colourful to him, even in the darkness around them. He scoffed as he followed the weakly covered steps of his brother and, he saw, someone else. Someone less heavy with smaller feet. A woman. He knitted his brows before pushing the heavy doors open and stepping down into the bunker to be met by hissing voices.
"Come on, I have no reason to lie -"
"You didn’t have a reason to lie to me back in Autumn either. Yet you did."

It sent shivers down his back and fear slowly crept into his body. This was serious. Remiel stepped further down and took in the scene in front of him just in time to see a drop of blood fall to the floor from Joseph's neck. He had no idea if they'd heard him, but heavily assumed so as his aura wasn't exactly weak. Breathlessly he took a few quick steps towards them, nearly gliding across the floor. Michael had his back turned to him but by now Joseph had surely seen him. Calmly, with an almost serene softness, he gently put his hand on his brother's shoulder, trying his best not to put any sort of pressure that could make him flinch and push the blade forwards.
"Please don't," he whispered fearfully. "That's enough, Michael. Please."
//Undskyld! Det blev lidt langt ahah!
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyMan Mar 08, 2021 4:31 pm

He did have a point, not even Joseph could run from that twist of a lie. He wanted Ajax gone, who could really blame him? If Ajax couldn't take this as a hint, then the demon was just beyond stupid. The cut stung still burned on his skin, as his body refused to heal any of the damage done to him. It was a long time since he had felt so weak, he knew how he his choice of words, would have a say in the outcome of this. Even captured and placed in a corner, Joseph knew how to trade his words carefully. Joseph did listen to Michael's words, look now who wasn't telling the truth. See, Joseph did care about their partner-ship, he had just cared more about getting the demon out of Saga's hands or Saga out of the demon's hands. There was something with in love and war there was no rules, but perhaps it used to be used in a different setting. Joseph had concluded that his decision in that topic had been anything but good, and maybe that his plan wasn’t as great as he first thought – actually, Remiel had made him realize that. The whole training Cecilia to reach Rebekah’s dagger had been an epic idea, but an idea. Yes, he still dreamed off it, but as for now it was just a dream. The time out he’d had while being here had made him come to terms with a lot of other plans and people he needed to visit when he got out. Isolation was no joke, Joseph missed talking to other creatures than rats. Joseph closed his eyes for a short second, almost feeling this odd sensation of hope reaching him. Perhaps, him being this weak made him able to let it in.

Joseph’s senses were on it's peak after being starved, it was almost impossible not to catch the scent of Remiel. However, for a short moment he was sure that it was just false hope. That he could for all simply be hallucinating it, because why would Remiel travel all this way here? Perhaps, Joseph was on the edge of feeling just hopeless as he had reached the bottom of the powerlessness days ago. The scent and aura of Michael had always been well known to Joseph because they had worked together for centuries, however, the story was different with Remiel. Remiel and Joseph had another story, and their bond was stronger for that reason. There was only one person who ever had been able to reach behind the many layers of masks the siphoner owned, and that was Remiel. Joseph was just lucky Michael still saw him of value enough to keep him alive, but at this point Joseph didn't really care that Michael pressed the knife underneath the siphoner's chin. Joseph knew he had no real value to Michael other than being a source of information. "That is all I know," he whispered as he held his breath, not looking Michael in the eye. No, he was looking Remiel in the eye as he now saw him. Remiel. He at least thought he saw him, still not sure if the electrocution had done a number on his brain, but he could feel he was there and hear his voice. It was the voice that made Joseph realize it was real, and perhaps there was a reason to be hopeful.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyOns Mar 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Joseph turned oddly quiet. The additional blood loss could explain this, but something in his eyes told him that it was more a matter of him having given in. Because he knew that no matter what he told Michael, it didn’t matter much. In the end, he’d still want to send him to Hell. Still, it didn’t seem like him to give up so easily. Especially when he’d just offered him an opportunity that would secure his survival - at least for a while longer. Then it hit him. He didn’t want to tell him anything more because he thought Remiel would stop him. He’d naturally noticed his presence, despite not having paid any attention to it. His focus was solely on Joseph and his determination for making him talk was strong. However unusual it was for his brother to show up, he had not thought he was there for Joseph. So whatever he needed from him it would have to wait. He pushed the knife up and through the first layer of his skin. “Am I to believe that you organized a meeting with a demon without researching into him first? Please, don’t waste my time Joseph.” He knew that he wouldn’t have. Either he had known the guy for a long time, or he knew more than the fact that he was a manager at a motel.  

He swiftly grabbed the hand that was placed on his shoulder, squeezed it tighter than was necessary before he turned around to face his brother. “Don’t ever sneak up on me like that.” There was no warmth in his eyes. Had it been anyone but Remiel, he would be laying on the ground with the knife pointed at his throat. His siblings should know better than to touch him when his back was turned to them. Michael had been healed from PTSD many times, but traumas were still deep within him, and with the many enemies who constantly were out to get him, he automatically reacted hostile in situations like these. And even though he knew it had been him, his emotions were profoundly agitated, so it didn’t take much to trigger any such reaction. He then let go of his hand. “Please don't, what?” he asked, looking between Remiel and Joseph. “Not kill him, is it?” he asked before his gaze stayed with his brother again. He knew that they had a relationship. But not much of what that entailed. Or whether it was any different from his own relationship with Joseph. However, the disappointment from the simple thought of him being there to stop him to save Joseph was clear. To Michael, it shouldn't even be a question of whose side his brother should be on. “Is that what you came all this way to tell me?” Surely, he was there to deliver any other message than that.
Remy

Remy

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTors Mar 11, 2021 7:23 am

Michael's hand grabbed onto his wrist with a speed and a force that automatically had Remiel take a startled step back. The surprised look in his brown eyes quickly hardened and despite of the icy words being thrown at him, he held the cold gaze of his brother, determined not to flinch or be the one to look away first. His jaw twitched lightly as he clenched the muscles.
Remy knew well that it wasn't wise to sneak up on powerful beings in general but he had confidently relied on his calming aura to avoid any incidents. Apparently he had been mistaken. He was well aware that his brother was feeling the pressure from everyone around him these days, but couldn't help to feel a little offended at the aggressive reaction. It made his brown eyes darken a little. “I didn’t exactly sneak, now did I brother.” With a huff, he pulled his arm back from the clasp of Michael's loosened grip and took a step back, putting a larger distance to the angry archangel. His entire aura was flickering a little and Remiel didn't like it one bit. He pinched his lips together to a tight line as the disappointment in his brother’s voice was heavy and sharp.

Remiel finally drew his gaze away from Michael and focused on Joseph. He couldn’t ever recall having seen him this poorly before. The blood was still dripping down from his neck and he looked like he hadn’t slept or eaten for weeks. It sparked a flicker of anger in him and he turned back towards his brother with thunder behind his eyes. A look very far from the pleading fearfulness he had displayed a minute ago.
“Oh, I have got plenty of things I would like to tell you,” Remy replied, his voice heavily sarcastic. “Since when did you become this filled with hatred?” He snapped. Look at him! How can a sight like that ever bring you anything but agony!?”
Arguably, torture affected Remiel more than most other angels as it was a game of breaking down an individual’s hope. He could never do that. The only times he had ever harmed people like that it had been by the word and demand of God; the only time he ever would. Seeing Joseph so close to breaking made him utterly fearful, not only because it was his friend but because Remiel himself had hope for the Siphon to change his behavior. He hadn’t always been evil nor was he always bad and he simply couldn’t lose hope in the fact that there was plenty of goodness left.
Remy’s fingers itched to reach his old friend and help him but the strange weapon Michael carried was one to steer clear of; and he felt he had to talk his brother down before getting overly sentimental. Joseph had after all saved his life once. There was no way he could let him die if he had a say in it. Going against Michael or not.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptySøn Mar 14, 2021 9:49 am

No, he never did much without a plan, but meeting with Calvin was simply a part of the research. Sometimes, Joseph liked to just observe and analyze people before finding out if he wanted to work alongside them. Some people were difficult to get information around if you hadn't been spending too much time with them. "Sometimes I get my information by listening, you should know that," he mumbled a bit almost unable to talk from his chains being too tight around his throat. He didn't say much after that, it was wasting his energy - especially since Remiel had showed up and the two brothers started talking. He made eye contact with Remiel shortly as he looked at him. Oh, Joseph hated feeling like this like death would sneak up on him soon. Joseph wasn't really used to people defending him or standing up for him - or that was a lie. Remiel had always had his back or believed at least there was hope out there for him. He had believed that since they first met, but back then Joseph had also been a lost cause and a complete train wreck. At least it seemed like Michael was occupied with Remiel for a moment, or it wasn't a relief really. Michael had every right to be angry, if Joseph had been more human he would understand it. That link had made Joseph far to sentimental, or was it the hunger and lack of sleep playing tricks on his mind? A mix of everything perhaps. If it had been any other day, in any other setting - he would have lived for seeing these two debating - right now it just made him uncomfortable.  

It annoyed Joseph he couldn't even get himself to enjoy it one little bit, and he just stood here gasping for air. He was sure that his face was about to turn more purple than to his liking, or maybe it was just something he imagined. After all, he couldn't really look at himself to tell how exhausted he looked. He could only take Remiel's word for him looking terrible. He really needed to get those handcuffs off. With magic he would at least start feeling like himself again. He hadn't felt like himself ever since the link broke. Even if he were more vampire than witch at his point, he still needed blood to stay awake and even if his neck could snap without him dying - he would still need blood to actually heal from that damage - especially in this state where Joseph wouldn't even be strong enough to stand on his own feet for two long. His legs were shaking from keeping himself up, and even if the chain was long enough him not to get hanged if he should collapse - he didn't want to come off as too weak.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyFre Mar 19, 2021 7:17 pm

He exhaled at his reply, not buying that he didn’t know more about the demon, but it probably wouldn’t change much in his mission to find Elenora. It'd just give him a slight advantage. And although he wanted to ask him about other things, it seemed that it would have to wait.
Perhaps his brother hadn’t snuck up on him, exactly. But he was far too enraged to return the calmness. A hand on the shoulder did little to help because frankly, he wasn't in the mood for this interference. Not at all. When Remiel’s gaze moved to Joseph, he stepped in front of him as to block his path from moving closer to the siphoner. He arched a brow as he said that he had plenty of things to tell. And although Michael knew he wouldn’t be pleased to hear any of it, he remained silent and let him speak. He scoffed at his comment about him being filled with hatred. Of course, he was. How could he not be? “Since when did we not loathe men like him?” He clenched his fist tighter around the shaft of the blade, feeling utterly annoyed that he had to explain this to him. “He’s murdered and tortured innocents. He’s cursed a human the moment I told him to stay away from her. Tell me, brother. Why should I feel agony for someone who’s brought so much agony unto others? People who are worthy of our protection and help. Trust me, justice is served best with me keeping him here. Protecting all those souls from his wicked schemes.” He didn’t fathom how Remiel could disagree with him on this. Sure, one could argue that the returned torture was stooping to his level. But it was God-willing as far as he was concerned. He had specifically sent Michael to rid the world of evil, never telling him wrong for punishing those who deserved it. And if it hadn’t been destined, Elenora wouldn’t have captured him, in the first place. A particular large wheeze for air had him step back to reach his hand around the chain, but this time it was to loosen it from its tight grasp of his neck. Silencing the gasps for air and enabling his airways easier passage to speak.  

Now, I admire your persevering hope for everyone around you. Even when they by my standards are undeserving of it.” He looked at Joseph, turning slightly in his direction to make sure the chain was loosened enough. He looked terribly pitiful. At least to anyone who didn’t know who he was. “But I am not letting him go. Not unless you give me a crucial reason to why in the world I should. I mean I've spared him many times in the past. I might not have hope for him in the way you do, but I've always hoped that he would avoid these unforgivable crimes, instead, I get this. The same old song playing itself on repeat.” With Joseph ignoring his warnings and mocking his mercifulness by doing something to turn them into enemies. “So, if him walking free is what you came here to achieve, please do me a favour and leave.” He removed his hand from Joseph and turned the stern gaze back to his brother.
Remy

Remy

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyOns Mar 24, 2021 9:19 am

Remiel wasn’t easy to anger. He was easy to skepticism and to show signs of annoyance but pure, actual anger was not a prominent part of his repertoire. As Michael purposely and stubbornly took a step sideways to form a physical barrier between him and Joseph, Remy felt a bright flare of anger for the first time in a long time. He didn’t like it. Anger was usually when he lost control. He pinched his lips together, regarding his brother sternly. His eyes caught onto every little movement and every breath, studying them like he was some sort of enemy. The way he clenched onto the strange weapon made Remy clench his jaw tightly before speaking.
“You can loathe him all you like, Michael, but there is a very big difference,” he sneered, as the faint rumble of thunder could be heard somewhere above them, “between loathe and condemnation and between killing in the name of God and torturing for some personal vendetta!” He knitted his eyebrows tightly together, forming a v in his forehead as he spoke; his voice building in power with each word. “Look at him!” He repeated in a growl. Even though his own line of sight was obstructed he could hear the gasps for air and it made his pulse raise. “Look at him and listen to me when I say that there is still hope. That he can still redeem himse-“
The large gasp for air cut off his words and he took a step sideways to allow Michael to loosen the chains, observing him like a hawk at every little movement to make sure he wasn’t just gonna tighten them more. Oh how he really didn’t like this at all. The whole room seemed foggy with pain and hopelessness and he was still surprised that Michael had it in him to keep Joseph here for however long he had been kept here.

Remiel straightened his back slightly whilst he listened to his brother. Why was he so damn stubborn!? His lips parted slightly with each, surprising word. “A crucial reason?! He repeated; his voice thick with disbelief. “Isn’t it enough that I am asking you? Isn’t it enough that I have hope for him?” He asked, frustrated at how utterly stubborn his brother was. Arguably they didn’t always see eye to eye but this felt very much like his big brother telling him off for helping somebody that could still be helped. Why couldn’t he feel that? This light that was still in Joseph? Weak perhaps but it was there and he desperately wanted to save it.

Remy pursed his lips lightly.
Please do me a favour and leave.
His body stiffened up for about a millisecond before he lowered his shoulders and his eyes darkened as Michael turned back around to face him. He displeasedly clicked his tongue. “I can’t,” he replied flatly. “Not while there’s still hope.”
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Mar 30, 2021 8:00 am

Joseph kept his eyes on them observing, there was not much more he could do than just hang in there. The siphoner took every word in spoken, analyzed their body language and expressions. The silence from him was dangerous, but it also seemed like the two archangels were getting too heated up. Joseph's expression changed shortly to the words of there being hope for him, it was still surprising to him that Remiel could keep up hope for him. Joseph's eyes shifted to Michael as he went over to loosen the chains a little bit, making it much easier to breathe. "Thank you very much," he mumbled a bit as he took a slightly deeper breath. The siphoner coughed a bit, his airways sore and he didn't even want to imagine how awful the bruise would be from this.

He kept his eyes once again on the two brothers arguing, reminding him oddly enough of the times he had vented with his own brother back in the day. The lack of blood and magic did really make him think back, bloody flashbacks. Of course he had been playing Michael like a violin for a few times too many, taking it a bit too far. "Excuse me.. Ca- okay." He stopped himself knowing it should perhaps not be the best time to speak - at least for him. Joseph sighed a bit, feeling like he was standing in a custody battle - just waiting for the parents to agree. "As much as I would love to listen to you two arguing all night - day - whatever time it is.. what day is it even?" He frowned a bit realizing he had no idea how long he had been here either way. "Huh, seems like I lost track of time," he looked a bit disconnected around the room, clearly not himself, it was like he was lost in his thoughts and couldn't quite combine everything. Or at least for a small second as he starred into the wall next to them, blankly and then he looked a little bit up to the ceiling and his pupil dilated a little as his brain got back into its usual workplace. "Oh, yes - you should uncuff me," he turned his eyes to Michael. Was he playing with fire here, most likely. "You are wasting time here, so question is - do you want to save Elenora or stand here discussing my behavior with Remiel?" Joseph didn't really care about saving poor delicate Elenora from Calvin, but he knew it meant something to Michael and changing his perspective on the situation could perhaps be in his own favor - it was at least worth a shot.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyLør Apr 03, 2021 9:42 pm

No matter how much he looked at Joseph, it wasn’t going to change his mind. He wouldn’t see what Remiel saw. All he saw was a man who needed to be chained up. Not because he despised him or had any personal vendetta against him. But because it was the right thing to do. For everyone’s good. How it was so difficult for Remiel to see was far more disconcerting in his mind. Because he should see that keeping him here equally meant that they kept humanity safe. And that was one of Heaven's top-most priorities.
Michael had not been particularly rich on hope throughout his life, although he’d preached it as much as he could. He’d more had a sense of duty and responsibility, and so it mattered little if he hoped anything, because if it was God’s will, then who was he to question it? And if it was destined-bound, then he knew better than to try and change the outcome. And this was the only reason why he’d started to question himself. Because he believed that Remiel had come for a reason. But whether it was because Joseph needed to be freed, he couldn’t know. Not yet. And so, he stood by his decision to keep him here. Besides, there were so many people who deserved hope and faith much more than him. Yet, here his brother was. Begging him to spare an unholy creature. Someone who lacked remorse and empathy. Someone who’d done far more harm than good in the world.  “You don’t think I’d do the same was he a stranger?” He’d always tried his best to put personal matters aside, but he also worried about everyone, feeling like he had the weight of seven billion lives on his shoulders, so it was only in his interest to protect the world from evil people like him. And if he could gain beneficial information by torture, then he really didn’t see anything wrong with that. “No. It is not enough. It is hollow. You can’t heal a person with hope alone. For him to change, to become good in any way that you so clearly envision, that kind of incentive needs to be found within. And I've yet to see any act of goodness from him.” Apart from what little he’d shown whenever he’d gained some sort of egoistical benefit from it.

He stepped closer to his brother as he continued his persistence, clenching his jaw as he shifted between his eyes. It was unfathomable to him how twisted his priorities were. How he could be so stubborn. And however aware he was of his own stubbornness in the matter, the differences of opinion clearly shone through. He heard every sentence Joseph uttered, albeit not paying notice to them. Not until he reminded him of a matter more important than this argument. Elenora was out there somewhere, possibly killed or trapped by a demon. And if anything, that was what he should focus his energy towards. He turned his head to look back at Joseph at his request to uncuff him, giving him a look that told him he wouldn’t. Albeit he had a feeling Remiel would the moment he left. The thoughts about finding Elenora bringing him to look around the room for any object of hers. His gaze stopping at a jacket that he walked towards, noticing a strand of hair on the back of it. He picked it up to hand Remiel. “I need you to see a vision of her, to tell me that she’s okay.” A hint of longing grazed his expression. He might not have known Elenora for a long time, and they’d certainly had their disagreements once they did. But he wanted nothing more than to find her. Even if that meant leaving this fight with his brother. “If you do that, I’ll leave you two alone. But if you free him and he kills or hurts another innocent, so help me God, you will suffer the consequences.” He looked at him with a serious expression to make sure he knew that he handed the responsibility to him, and that if it didn’t end well, that if he didn’t provide Joseph the right help, it would be his fault. Because Joseph was right. He didn’t want to stand here arguing with his brother, not when Elenora needed him to save her from a demon.
Remy

Remy

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Apr 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Problem was, that, yes, Michael would have definitely done the same had it been a stranger. Less emotionally, less personally and much quicker, but he would have done it none the less - that much Remiel could tell from the absolute despise that shone through the bright blue eyes of his brother. That was enough to know that he felt entirely justified in doing whatever he had been doing. Remy was still missing a few pieces of the puzzle to fully understand what had actually happened and what Joe had done to piss off Michael this much. He knew the answer to Michael's question wouldn't be in his or Joseph's favour, and ended up clenching his jaw without replying.
Remy had seen Joseph do good. He had seen it up and close and it had been what had driven their complicated friendship since that day - he had always so desperately hoped to see it again. He knew it came in little flashes or waves, but it had been a while since it had happened, and once again, that didn't exactly favour what he was trying to convince Michael of. The scolding made him look up in frustration. "Excuse me?" He growled. "Do you think me that much beneath you, brother, that you doubt and question my ability to judge? That I would allow pure evil to roam Earth?" Ubelievable.

Excuse me.. Ca- okay.
Remiel had raised a hand, firmly staring at Joseph, to stop him from saying anything stupid. This was no time to play games. He had clearly done something extraordinarily stupid to upset Michael this much, and it would be wise for him to close his mouth before upsetting him further. Alas, his little warning didn't seem to help much at all. Joseph blabbered on having Remy suppress the urge to roll his eyes.  
Do you want to save Elenora or stand here discussing my behavior with Remiel?
The sentence seemed to echo in his mind before he turned to Joseph with a puzzled look on his face. Eleonora? He couldn't recall any Eleonoras with enough importance to provoke such a responce in his brother. He didn't like not knowing. Maybe this was the woman who's footsteps he had noticed outside the bunker. Michael moved, making Remy shift is attention back to his brother, confirming his theory about the girl having been in the bunker.
Remiel furrowed his eyebrows, reaching out to gently take the thin stand of hair that was given to him. He realised he had been a little to quick to jump to conclusions, and that just perhaps, he didn't actually know what was going on here. He had never shied away from admitting to being wrong but admittedly it stung a little, having to do it in front of Michael. He turned sideways, turning his back on Joseph to face his older brother and give him his full attention. This flash of pained longing that flashed across Michael's face, was all he needed to take the matter seriously.
"Apologies, brother," he muttered, his eyebrows still firmly knitted in his forehead. His posture and body-language had changed drastically within seconds. With a straightened back and a firm nod, all anger and annoyance had left his body. A sharp stab of guilt found its way to his heart knowing that he had been yapping about irrelevant things, whilst someone was in apparent danger. He sucked a breath of air in through clenched teeth, still holding on to the delicate, brown hairstrand. "Okay," he replied, breathlessly. He would always help Michael if he asked for it; something that happened remarkably seldom, so even with this strange ultimatum he had been given by his brother, he knew that he did it for him. Not for some ulterior motive to free Joseph, though he certainly wouldn't complain about that.

Remiel closed his eyes. When he opened them back up, his usually warm, brown eyes had turned turquoise, and he no longer saw the room in front of them.
It was foggy. Someone had used magic. He grunted in annoyance; this meant he had to actually make an effort. Why could it never be easy. Breaking through magic walls wasn't fun, but after a few seconds he managed; mentally noting down he had gotten a little slow at that and needed to step up his game.
Mucky. Man, the place was mucky. Mucky, dirty, dark. His eyebrow furrowed, taking in the scenery. A very beautiful brunette was sat in a steel-framed bed. The back of the wall had splattered, dry blood all over it. A rug on the floor. Black mold in the corners. A chain. The girl was a little dirty herself. Her hair was wild and her face had been bruised but her hands were in the worst state out of all of her. Chipped nails from scratching, and bloody, blistered fingers from pulling the chain that had been locked around her ankle. The whole room shone of misery and the girl looked absolutely broken. Broken and bewildered. At least she hadn't lost hope.
Remy blinked again, the bright eyes turning dark. His face hadn't softened up, far from it, and instead of turning to Michael he turned to Joseph. "Explain," he snapped harshly. "What hellish place is this?" A Southside motel, obviously, that much he had seen, but it was clearly not all there was to it. It looked more like a prison.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Apr 13, 2021 8:52 pm

He watched Michael as he went to Remiel for help, the tone of his voice changed. See, Joseph had never really understood that level of caring. He didn't share the same feeling for Alicia or his two other daughters for that matter. He didn't understand that state of mind, and it only made him frown for a few seconds - but no words left the siphoner's mouth while he watched Remiel get to work. He knew better than to disturb him while was going his thing. Joseph didn't even look at Michael, and it seemed like the change of topic had changed things in the room, at least for a while. The siphoner only looked at Remiel, one thing was he cared a lot about Remiel the other was that Joseph was curious by nature. He was curious what Remiel saw, he always was. Then he blinked, and their eyes met making Joseph sigh a bit. "Alexis Capri, or that is where I know she was going," he kept his gaze at Remiel. Joseph was a trickster, a liar and a manipulator - but he never lied to Remiel, he didn't have any reasons to. Then again, Remiel was also the only person who could manage to actually anger Joseph, because his words were the only words that actually hit him. "I don't know what Calvin is doing, and I don't know what you just saw. But with a locater spell, she is easy to track if I channel you," he pointed out looking way more serious than he usually did. "As far as I'm told he rarely keeps people around this long," he added, only knowing very little - he did prefer to learn from being in the room with a person rather than rumors. The most stupid thing he could do right now was not helping or at least not do something if he wanted to at least be on anything but the bad side of Michael - this was the way to do it. "So, trust me, when I say time is running out -" once again he didn't look at Michael, he knew Michael wouldn't take his words for anything. And yes, Michael could storm to Southside and tear the whole city apart if he wanted - but if she weren’t there, it would be a waste of time or if she was well hidden. Joseph didn't know and he hated being left in the dark. He still hated his entire setting, being powerless and having nothing to put on the table other than his service.

It still echoed in his ear through. You will suffer the consequences, what a terrible ringing in his ears. If anything Joseph wasn't going to let the wrath of Michael be anything for Remiel to suffer. He would make sure of that, in some way, he had no idea yet - or if it would ever even come to that. He just knew he wasn't going to let it happen. "I have nothing to lose while being tied up here," he pointed out finally looking at Michael. Michael had seen him use his magic before, seeing him absorb magic from buildings and other spells. It wasn't a question whether that the siphoner could help, but more if it were worth letting him go for. He was too weak to do anything at all, even if his handcuffs were taken off he didn't have much vampirism to take from, not till after he had something to drink though. Joseph turned his eyes to Remiel again.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTors Apr 22, 2021 8:04 pm

He tilted his chin as he stared down at his brother, his demeanor coming off as condescending even without an answer to his question. Because yes, he did believe he was the better judge in this scenario. Maybe Joseph wasn’t pure evil. But it was all speculation. He had yet to see the siphoner do any good. And he'd definitely done enough evil to be deemed undeserving of redemption or hope in his book. And hopefully, Remiel would eventually see that. His eyes squinted slightly, contemplating just what Joseph had gotten into his brother's head for making him think this way. Because even though he thought himself to be right, he also knew that Remiel wouldn't act this way unless he genuinely believed that Joseph had something good in him.

Once Joseph mentioned Elenora and he saw the puzzled expression on Remiel’s face, he realized that he hadn't told him about her. Or her twin brother for that matter. He couldn't even recall the last time he'd had a proper conversation with his brother. It wasn't often their missions intertwined and whenever he visited Heaven, it wasn't to catch up with family. But the fact of the matter was, he was her uncle. Elenora hadn't taken the news of their family relation well, which just as much was because none of them had known about it until recently. But it was different with Ethan. He had mentored him for many years prior to the news. It was unreal in many ways how destiny played out. But he had no doubt that there was a meaning behind it all. Even if he wished he could've known about it sooner. He sighed sharply, putting those thoughts behind him as he went to fetch the strand of hair on her jacket. He needed to know that she was okay first. He noticed how the realization of this being about something graver had reached Remiel, making him focus his energy on his request rather than their prior argument. It was the whole reason he'd come to the bunker, to begin with. Michael hadn't just been angry at Joseph for the things he'd done in the past, but because he believed him to play a part in her disappearance as well. He gave him a nod at his apology because if anything, he was easy to forgive his siblings. And Remiel had no way of knowing about this issue. Of someone being in danger. Neither did he question whether he was willing to do this for him. Because despite their quarrels, they’d always been there for each other when it really mattered. “She's my daughter,” he then revealed, knowing that he was probably wondering about this. And sooner or later he'd know. “She's the twin of Ethan. The human I've trained for the past years.

He looked into his turquoise eyes with a newfound intensity, having heard both terrible and wonderful news from his visions, but he already had a strong feeling that this was leaning towards the terrible. He even anticipated him to say that she had died. Because there was a good chance that Calvin was a soul-eating demon. He held his breath for what felt like minutes. Anticipating what his brother was seeing, so when his eyes turned dark again, he expected him, needed him, to assure him that she was okay. Albeit he didn't. But even if this demon didn’t keep people for long, he knew that she was alive. Otherwise, Remiel would’ve told him. He followed his gaze to Joseph as he demanded an explanation. Equally needing one. He told them that he didn't know much, but that a locater spell would be able to lead them right to her. Of course. However, they already knew the main location, so would they really need Joseph to cast such a spell? At least, he really didn’t want to bring him into it. But time was of the essence and he had no idea if she was near the motel. Not unless Remiel could confirm it from what he'd seen. “I assume you need blood to do such a spell.” He raised a brow as he looked at the siphoner. He'd probably been deprived of blood for a very long time, so he'd need it regardless to get back to his normal self. Michael then exited the room to the refrigerator in the bunker's kitchen to grab a bag of B- donor blood. He walked back and handed it to Joseph. His priority was to find Elenora, and if that meant freeing Joseph, then so be it. “How did she manage to capture you, anyhow?” he asked, having been quite curious of this. It was no secret that Joseph wasn't an easy person to catch.
Remy

Remy

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Apr 27, 2021 8:00 pm

She's my daughter.
Remiel's lips parted slightly as he regarded his brother. Surprised was an understatement. He knew that Michael had many children - he even knew many of them and regarded them as close family, but he had not heard of Eleonora and he had clearly been away when this Ethan had become a part of Michael's life. It fuelled his embarrassment of having delayed something this important. He was nothing without his family. "She's your daughter?" He whispered breathlessly, sounding nearly fearfull. The girl was in a bad shape. Really bad. Especially if she was a human.
"Joe," he growled, his voice turning dangerously low as he turned towards the Siphoner. Though beaten and weak, he clearly still had the energy to talk, so Remy pushed his worried in the back of his mind and focused on the tast ahead of him instead. "It's his daughter," he repeated, his voice simmering of absolute, pure judgement. It wasn't many months ago, that Remy had sought out Joseph in the forest, and there, they had most definitely had a talk about the fact that family was sacred and would be an unforgivable mistake to involve in anything. He could have flashed just about a million swearwords at Joe, but pinched his lips together to avoid such a scene. Time could be spent on something better, he told himself.

She is easy to track if I channel you.
Remy narrowed his eyes at the Siphoner. "I don't need you to track her," he commented bluntly, the mere thought being rather offensive. Tracking people was his biggest gift in life; and the only reason he could have ever found the two of them in this oddly isolated bunker as well. "This is clearly not just a Motel," he added quickly, raising an eyebrow at him. What he had seen was utterly disgusting. Obviously something else was going on at this place. If he had more time he could check out the entire building. He turned to Michael, as he came back down the stairs, throwing a bag of blood to Joseph. A light flutter of happiness surged in his stomach at the prospect of having settled the fight a little and ensured that Michael wouldn't be using whatever that horror of a weapon had been, on Joe.
Remy quickly cleared his throat, attempting to shoo away the slight smile that had sneaked onto his lips. "She's in the basement area but it's heavily protected with magic."
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Yes, Elenora was Michael's daughter and Joseph sighed to Remiel pointing it out. Now it wasn't like he was the one who had kidnapped the stupid child, she was the one who had gotten her hands on him. However, despite wanting to point that out to Remiel, he didn't. Regarding Remiel, Joseph knew better, sometimes at least. The siphoner sent Michael a bit smile, as he mentioned that he assumed that Joseph would need blood for something like that. Indeed, he did, the last time he had even tasted a sip of blood was in the beginning of this stupid month. Oh, how things had turned around. Joseph watched Michael carefully as he left the room, then turning his blue eyes towards Remiel. I don't need you to track her, the siphoner snorted a bit, only hearing the first few words of that sentence, or at least chose to only hear that. "You talk like I planned for this to happen, I wouldn't be here if I meant for this to happen now would I?" Joseph snapped back as if he was a misunderstood teenager being lectured by his father.

Michael returned and Joseph managed to just catch the blood, not thinking twice before drinking the entire thing. He was old, he could handle a little starvation, better than most vampires could without losing control. I didn't mean he was hiding the fact how much he actually had been in need of this. The chains only blocking his magic, not his strength, and with this new found strength from the blood, he didn't think twice before breaking them. They were meant to hold witches, not vampires and had never even met a siphoner before. "That was much better," he breathed out and moved his hands to the collar while listening to Michael's question. "That is a really good question. I mean, one day I was minding my own.. then suddenly this wave of hurt started rushing through me.. and I fell down -- and yeah you don't care about that part," Joseph reminded himself and made sure the bag of blood was completely empty. He already felt his magic kickstarting from gaining power from the blood. "But I drank her blood to break the link.. or at least help break the link thing - and it drained my magic, so - while I was weak and vulnerable, or something remotely close to that, Elenora managed to get the upper hand - and here I ended up, thanks to Rachel," he pointed towards the small hole in the wall where the rat beforehand had been. "I wasn't completely alone the past days."

She's in the basement area but it's heavily protected with magic. A bigger smile lighted up on the siphoner's lips, as he turned his head towards Remiel. Oh, he did need him after all. Knowing wasn't likely he would just admit that, that they both would just admit that. "Oh, if only you knew someone who is able to absorb any kind of magic," he pointed thoughtfully towards his chin for a second, before pointing at himself with a smile. "Oh yes, me" he chuckled help but give of a light chuckle, mostly just happy to feel like himself again. He broke the collar off let it fall to the ground. "I guess you need me after all." Joseph folded his hands together and rubbed his hands in excitement. Now, he hadn't really been outside this room for almost a month or seen anything but these walls - of course he was excited.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Maj 11, 2021 6:35 pm

Michael felt his heart sink at the way he repeated his sentence, dreading what he’d seen. He knew it was bad. Many scenarios had already crossed his mind, one worse than the preceding. But this only made it feel much more real. Michael was surprised to hear that Remiel thought the word family meant anything to Joseph. Naturally, it was stupid to go after the archangel's family, but he didn’t think Joe knew that she was his daughter. And even if he did, he’d hardly be capable of understanding what that bond meant to others. Not when his own blood had cast him away all those years ago.
Michael watched as the siphoner drowned the blood and broke the chains the moment his strength had returned. He tilted his head slightly as he replied to his question. He had to give it to Elenora. Helping to break the link, only to capture him afterward. It wasn't something many would succeed in doing. It was just too bad that it ended with this. With Joseph walking freely. But he had to trust that it was the right course of action. And if Remiel had hope in his capabilities of doing good, he had to put trust in that as well. Michael shot his brother a glance when he said that the area was protected with magic, having already suspected that magic was involved, but knowing it only made bringing Joseph along with them a no-brainer. Michael turned his eyes back to Joseph. There was little amusement in his expression. Frankly, he wished he'd just stay quiet. But the slight annoyance was nothing in comparison to the need of finding Elenora. “Right, let’s not waste any more time then.” He reluctantly placed the blade back before he reached both of his hands out, placing one on each of their shoulders.

The next moment the three of them arrived in the parking lot in front of the Southside motel. A red neon sign spelled out the name; Alexis Capri. But apart from that there only were a few functioning streetlamps providing light. Michael inhaled deeply as he looked upon the building. He'd been inside it a few times, but he'd never thought torturous things to take place there. He stopped his gaze at a window as a spirit stared at them from a dark room. And he sensed many such trapped souls. But now wasn't the time to deal with them. “Do you sense her presence?” He looked to his brother, thinking he'd be able to lead them closer to her location before Joseph would need to siphon the magical warding. At least, he doubted that the demon had made an effort of protecting the entirety of the grounds surrounding the motel. He looked towards the main entrance of the building, hoping they could go about the rescue without entering the lobby, but if not, they'd probably need to create some sort of diversion to distract the receptionist. And with two strong angelic auras, he could only assume that they’d get into a confrontation with someone if they had to go a less secluded way.
Remy

Remy

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptyTirs Jun 01, 2021 7:32 pm

Michael's question was one Remy had been wondering himself for the past few minutes after it had come to light that it wasn't in fact his brother that had captured the Siphoner but a mere human girl. It was no small feat for anyone really and although he wouldn't have been surprised if Michael managed - he had a whole army on his side after all - it genuinely was quite shocking for a human. A small-framed, young, female human.
I drank her blood to break the link.
Remy's head perked up in surprise at the reply. As if it logically was supposed to make the whole ordeal make sense, the reality was the complete opposite to him. Michael's daughter had been the cure to break the link all along? His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Eleonora has link-breaking blood, does she?" He asked and couldn't help a slight amusement to enter his tone of voice. "What a strange coincidence." Sometimes the world just came together in the most mysterious ways. He was also genuinely thrilled that the other human, Cecilia Rivers, would finally be free of that link she had carried for so long. And whoever the third one involved had been. He turned to Michael's worried eyes and gave him a slight nod. He had never been very physically affectionate with any of his siblings except perhaps Uriel and Zadkiel, yet he gave in to the urge of grabbing onto Michael's hand, as he placed it on Remy's shoulder. A little reassurance perhaps, that he believed Eleonora would be okay. Then they were swallowed by light.

Travelling by teleportation was a means of travel he was very used to, and he didn't blink when a whole new world opened up in front of them. He didn't know, however, how often Joseph had done it and cast a look his way to make sure he wouldn't be nauseous, like some people got.
His eyes, however, quickly got dragged onto the motel. Flashy red neonlights and half of the street unlit created the perfect ambiance for a place Remiel despised. The air felt thick of something he couldn't quite put his hands on and it immediately made him uneasy. He shuddered. Just as he was about to throw out a complaining comment of 'not liking this', Michael's voice reached him and he drew a large breath, before activating his powers again. Slowing them down, it took his look through a hallway, down some stairs. More stairs. Grey stone walls with moss and mold. A long hall and then a door. He knew that she was behind the door even before virtually entering the room. Still on the bed as she had been minutes earlier.
"She's in the basement." He repeated what he had seen the first time around.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse EmptySøn Aug 01, 2021 6:24 am

"Elenora? What no, No-" he pointed to Michael to be very direct that he had not fed on his daughter's blood. "This little, tiny human - Miss.. Doe.. No.. Soe.. Poe. Miss Poe - and she offered, just to make things clear." Joseph pointed out turning his eyes to Remiel again. He could have been drinking Elenora's blood to be fair, if he had the chance and the stubborn human hadn't gotten a hold on him first. Then the light travelled them.

She is in the basement, Joseph couldn't help but smirk a little bit. Such classic move, he thought while scratching his chin a little bit. Taking a step forward being a stopped by the magical barriere, lifting his hand up, looking like a child that just had gotten his first Christmas present. "Yeah, I smell her blood, hear her heartbeat -" he replied in a lower mumble, before he started to absorb the magic from the spell that was placed around the building. Strong magic. He liked it, feeling the power returning to his drained body. This had been far too long, and he didn't waste time till it was all gone. "That is what I'm talking about," he took a deeper breath in, feeling restored for the first time in a month. "Many things here are not as they seem, Mr. Ambrose has a flair for mastering illusions -" Joseph clapped his hands turning to the angels for a second, then he began to walk towards the trace of Elenora's scent - because the last thing he wanted to do was to be in the way of Michael getting his daughter. Only because he knew Michael would end him on the spot if he did. Joseph took a deeper breath in of the fresh winter air, it was good to be out.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: It Only Gets Much Worse   It Only Gets Much Worse Empty

It Only Gets Much Worse
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» There Are Worse Things Than Murder
» I'm here to make your life better.. or worse who knows - Roy