Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Peace on Earth

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyFre Jan 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Time: It’s early in the afternoon
Date: November 9, 2020
Weather: 18°C, windless, clear skies.
Dedicated to: @Chamuel

It had recently come to his attention that a woman had claimed to be an angel in the small town of Jacksonville. And not just any angel, but his sister Chamuel. The Archangel of Peace. The one who’d not a single time been granted a mission on Earth, and if she ever did, Michael would be the first to know about it. Just like he knew of all orders and missions given to the archangels. For that reason, he immediately knew that this one was an impostor. One that clearly hadn’t read up on angel history. Normally, Michael wouldn’t personally show up at every given moment this happened, but he had worked on a case in a neighboring town, which was where he’d heard the rumors. And it was fairly easy to deal with. Despite the bubbling irritation of even having to. Besides, he couldn’t exactly allow some fake to wander about Earth creating false statements about his sister. No, that would stop that very day.

He entered a local shop on the main road, looking around the various goods for a moment. It seemed to carry everything from novelty t-shirts to décor to food. A middle-aged woman entered the main space from a back room. “Hello. Anything I can help you with today?” the shopkeeper asked. “Yes, there is. I’m pastor John from a small church in Medford, and I’ve heard rumors of a certain archangel to be visiting your town.” Michael wore the classic black suit and collar of a catholic priest for the occasion.
It’s truly a miracle I say. Our town has been blessed from the moment she set foot here. There’s been no fights or crimes committed. And Father, when you’re near her you can’t help but feel at peace with everything in your life. We are all so grateful for God to shine his light upon us in such a way.” She beamed, looking off into the distance towards Heaven. “Your presence feels quite similar…” She lowered her gaze to his face and paused. “Er, is something wrong?” Michael had clearly looked far too tense for a pastor who’d just listened to a person talk of a real, living, archangel on Earth. He tried a strained smile, not helping but think how blasphemous it was for an untitled person to put these false testimonies into the mind of the townspeople. “No, not at all. What a divine blessing to reach our part of the world.” His smile turned slightly more genuine. “I simply must meet her.” The shopkeeper nodded. “Yes, of course. Let me show you to her.” She locked up the cash register before she moved onto the other side of the counter. And just before walking out, she turned the sign in the window of the door, stating that the shop now was closed. “Follow me.” And Michael did so. Preparing what abilities he'd use to prove that she was wrong and that the person who claimed to be the angel of peace was nothing but a fake.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Anicka

Anicka

Humør : "I can be the sidekick to your superhero.."
Fag : Matematik, kemi, samfundsfag, psykologi, musik & svømning.
Antal indlæg : 89

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyLør Jan 30, 2021 6:14 pm

“You’re not the first one to come visit our little town since she arrived. I even invited my dearest niece to have her blessing, since she has had so many troubles with figuring out what she wanted to do in her life. Those decisions apparently ain’t as easy as they were when I was young.” The woman chuckled a belly-deep laugh. “But the angel took one look at my niece, I tell you, it was inspiring to look at, and she knew. She just knew. My niece is actually from Medford, herself. You might have ran into her. That is if she has been as good at going to church as she’s saying. But after meeting with none other than the archangel Chamuel, I don’t doubt her attendance will show.” There was no stopping her. The moment he had gotten her started, words just kept coming out her mouth. She didn’t even need any kinds of back-and-forth to keep the flow going, as if she was in her own little world. But who would blame her?! It wasn’t every day that Jacksonville got put on the map, which - hopefully - meant more traffick eventually going through the small town, which meant a better profit for the general store. This woman was not only a local, but she had clearly lived there her whole life with the amount of good old American pride for the place. Seeing it get more attention - more money in her pocket or not - it was a joy. The town had truly been blessed by the time that angel had arrived.
Once in a while she made sure to look over at the angel in disguise to both make sure he could keep up and that he was paying attention. A big smile plastered on her face. “Did you hear about how she was found? Henry and his young boy, William, were out in the woods just west from here.” She pointed in the general direction of where the outskirts of the forest were located. “William said he saw this great big light in between the three and after following it they found her. Right there in the middle of it. Dressed in white. And those two being as kind-hearted as any in this town, they brought her in.”

As they walked they passed many cosy-looking houses. A few times they were greeted by people outside in there yard, digging around in their flowerbeds or were running down the sidewalk. Every time the woman seamlessly fell in and out of the conversation with the pastor as if she hadn’t been interrupted at all. “I tell you, though, hadn’t I met and seen the girl myself I wouldn’t have believed it, that Chamuel himself would have taken a female as a vessel. But the girl is as pure as ever, pastor John.”

Finally they arrived at the place. The city hall. An old brick building from the outside but as they’d step inside it would be revealed, that the place has been renovated within the last few years. There was no crowd to see in the entrance but there was a feel of some buzzing as well as voices coming from somewhere. That somewhere being exposed, as Michael was lead through a door into a somewhat spacious room. Chairs were sat up. And in the other end of the room the proclaimed Achagenl of Peace was on her knees with an old man in a wheel chair in front of her. Her eyes were closed and her hands were holding the man’s head very gently. The white dress, she had been told she had been wearing when they had found her, had been replaced by a another sweet dress. Floral printed fabric and a white shirt colour, matching the bit of white at the ends of the short sleeves. A black ribbon tied loosely in place of an actual tie. Her hair prettily braided around her head, leaving only the long bangs hanging loose. And… she was crying. Small delicate tears decorated her sun-kissed cheeks. “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety,” she gracefully recited, a calming smile on her lips as she did. And the man in front of her, almost seemed to tense less in his chair. On the verge of choking on a cry as relief flowed over him.
She felt that, the retractions and opened her eyes again. Looked at the man with unconditional love in those hazel irises of hers. She removed her hands from his face and for some reason, her focus shifted. Just passed the man. Towards the door of the room. She had felt the presences very strongly. And the moment she saw him she knew exactly why the feeling had been so familiar. And comforting. She nearly shot up as if she had forgotten anything else but her brother in the room. Even with slightly wet cheeks she brightened up completely with a smile. Like a child. “Brother!” she blurted out not really thinking over how that would come across. They weren’t, after all, alone. They had a bit of an audience. But she simply felt so happy to see him that she could help herself.
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyFre Feb 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Generally, Michael appreciated it when humans spoke about religion. But there was nothing right about this misconduct, and so he found himself scarcely listening. More so, his thoughts revolved around the impostor and how she had them so profoundly believe that she was an archangel. Michael gave a vague nod every now and then, and if she caught him looking at her with that beaming smile, he returned it. “That’s amazing,” he said after her first stream of words. Her eyes telling him that she was expecting some sort of spoken reply. He then moved his gaze to a forest where she claimed that they’d first found her. That there had been a great source of light and that they’d found a woman in white. Strange, he thought. Divine light wasn’t easily mistaken to be anything else, and so, if she was telling the truth, it perhaps could be an angel or some sort of hybrid. “What a revelation,” he commented absently, growing more and more curious as to who this person was.

Michael politely greeted the people on their way through the idyllic small town. It had the kind of friendly atmosphere that the big cities lacked. He was then reminded that some humans believed them to take vessels. And although he had an answer to this misconception. Easily being able to tell her details of angel creation and history, he stayed quiet as to not stray from his role as a priest who'd only read simple, human-written scriptures. It was also wrong to believe Chamuel to be male, but he figured that stemmed from a time where women couldn't possess leadership positions. Or some other cultural aspect. In fact, there were many things that the humans had gotten wrong or misinterpreted about their creator and his angels. “Did she tell you why she has come to your town?” he asked. “Not that I am aware. But then again, I am not the type to question the Lord. And I have no doubt in my mind that he knew we'd give her the best start to her earthly mission. The poor angel was so astonished by everything. I don't reckon Chamuel has been on Earth much at all.” Michael smiled briefly as he knew this to be true, getting the image of what that would be like for her. “I suppose you're right.

He followed the woman into the city hall, and before even entering the next room, he knew. He would never mistake that aura to belong to anyone but his sister. And if there was one thing he hadn't foreseen it was this. Peace was here. On Earth. In the flesh and not just as a spiritual projection. He was puzzled as to how or why this could have possibly occurred outside of his knowledge. But once they entered the room, every prior thought was swept away, and he only saw her. As a last confirmation of the truth, he witnessed the scene of her restoring peace and healing to a human. She then looked right at him.

Brother! Gasps and whispers sounded in the hall, and then all eyes were on him. Michael looked frantically at the people who stared at him with the strangest of gazes. “Oh no. I’m not.” He gestured to himself as he tried to brush off their thoughts. That he was her real brother. Another angel who’d come to find his sister. Even if this was indeed the truth. “Which one are you?” a young man asked, not taking his dismissal to heart. It was clear to see that they were infatuated by the idea of another angel to graze their humble town. He strode past the man who’d asked, ignoring his question altogether. His focus was solely on Chamuel, and to get her out of there. Quickly. Before they figured out who he was. Because then he couldn’t with good conscience leave. He stopped within two feet from her, knowing that she’d normally hug him at this point, but he hoped his stern expression, as well as his attempt to brush off her use of words, let her know that she shouldn’t. And that he was beyond disappointed in her for leaving her duties in Heaven for this. “I was wondering if I could talk to you?” he asked as he looked into her eyes. “In private, preferably. It’s regarding a case that isn’t for the soft of heart,” he said, having noticed a few children in the crowd, and so, he hoped it’d suffice as an explanation to talk to her under four eyes.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyOns Feb 10, 2021 1:04 pm

Surprise and confusion appeared first. And then straight thereafter, disgust painted her freckled face in an instant. No? She didn’t understand. Surely that man was who she thought him to be. Michael. Her brother. She was so sure! She could sense his might all the way from across the room and she could see his strong holiness surrounding his fleshy figure. But if the body indeed was her brother’s then his strong decline would only mean one thing; The one inside the body wasn’t her brother. It was an imposter. Travelling on her respected and beloved siblings own two feet, spoke with his rough, harsh voice and looked at her with the same eyes as she had been given as a sense of mirroring gift from their Father himself. Her entire body language showed the tension as she discreetly stood ready. Only demonic scum were low enough to latch on like parasites. And the exact moment he stepped closer, she had been about to take a step back when all that sudden hostility disappeared completely - As if it hadn’t been there in the first place - as soon as she finally realized the lie that had left Michael’s tongue.
Peace softened immediately and as he would have anticipated, she wished only to close that distance between them and embrace him with all the longing and relief she felt for seeing him. He visited Heaven more often than any of her other travelling sisters and brothers and yet she found herself always missing him. She had turned desperate for company up in the glory of God’s land. Especially the company which she couldn’t always have. However the stern, disappointed look in her brothers beautiful eyes, had her keep her distance in the end. It even faded her smile and her happiness away in no time, leaving only a serious expression. That of understanding. “Of course you can..” Her eyes ran up and down him, noting his attire before looking him back in the eye. ”..pastor,” she added not long after. It was an awful attempt to ignore her outburst of truth before with a lie. She wasn’t fond of lying. Lying was a sin, after all. And yet, her trusted brother, were lying right then and there.

Peace turned her head towards some of the people in the small crowd still in the room. She had come to know these people. The same woman who had brought Michael all the way from her shop to the city hall then stepped forward and spoke up: “It seem you have a connection to our angel, pastor John. Destiny must have brought the news of her to you and then you to this town. How about we leave you two?” In the mind of the town woman, this had turned into something among only holy people. She had come to believe that the pastor, although not the angels brother, was still another close thread from Heaven. Carrying a message from God above to his dearest daughter. The woman then began ushering people out of the room. The young man some before wasn’t particularly happy to do so, countless times looking back towards Michael in suspicion. And his eyes even fell back on Peace before a women, probably his mother, dragged him with her.

Peace had passed Michael as the last of the people went through the door so she could be the one to close them again, sealing off the room from any other than her and Michael. “Don’t send me back,” she voiced as the very first thing before turning around and finally facing her brother. Her words were both demanding and pleading. Mostly pleading as her face revealed she indeed felt the shame of her actions. Or at least the shame of having been caught. “That is why you’re here, isn’t it?”
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyLør Feb 13, 2021 8:31 pm

At first, it seemed that Peace believed his lie. Something he’d have to teach her was quite common on Earth. Humans lied all the time. And for him, it was a way of getting out of a situation he’d rather be without. But surely, she could not mistake him to be any other than her older brother. If his aura didn’t assure her of this, then he hoped the way he behaved did. Besides, she knew of the tattoo on his chest. That unless a demon destroyed this symbol, there was no way for them to possess him. And then, as he looked into her eyes on closer inspection, it seemed that something clicked inside her. Her tense body posture relaxed. Followed by an agreement to his request. She'd realized that it was indeed him. Even if he had lied to her, which perhaps was the only odd thing about the meeting. Sure, he’d kept things from her in the past, but he’d rarely—if ever—straight up lied to her face.

He tilted his chin slightly as she addressed him as pastor. He’d feared that she would have blown it and told everyone who he truly was. But she gratefully didn’t. He wouldn't have liked it if a group of Christians caused him distraction when a far more important matter was present. His sister’s rebellion. And despite her being a terrible liar, it seemed that the humans ceased with their questioning and just watched the scene unfold. Until the shopkeeper suggested that they should leave them alone. Michael turned on his heel to face her with a bright smile. “That would be great, thank you.” His gaze followed the people as they got up from their seats, giving him a few long stares before eventually leaving the hall. Michael stood still as his sister passed him to close the door. His face returning to its stern expression. He couldn’t begin to fathom what she was thinking, leaving Heaven in this manner. Much less did he understand how he hadn’t figured it out earlier. And it worried him to think that she'd been absent for months rather than mere days. At least, he hadn't seen her since early summer, so her rebellion could have happened any month in-between. But good heavens, did he hope months wasn't the case.
A thud echoed through the hall as the door closed, and with no risk of any of the townsfolk seeing him, he stepped forward. “Not send you back?” he asked as if her plea made no sense. Because of course, he had to send her back. She couldn’t possibly believe that he wouldn’t. No matter her reasoning. “This is outrageous.” Especially for her. She wasn’t one to break the rules. And certainly not at this scale. If he didn't know any better, he wouldn't recognize the woman in the room to be his sister. “What were you thinking? Abandoning all your responsibilities. All those angels working under you. And for what?” His voice was piercing and harsh as it cut through the empty space. “For this?” He gestured to the chairs in the room, forcing them to move with a gust of wind. A sign of contempt for what this was. Had she completely lost it? He returned his gaze to her as he neared her. Leaving her with nowhere to run. “I know Father hasn’t commanded this of you. So, tell me, why shouldn’t I send you back?” He towered over her at this point, looking into her eyes with striking disappointment. He simply didn't understand how she could be so careless.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptySøn Feb 14, 2021 11:46 am

Empathetic a creature as Peace was, from the very moment Michael began to raise his tone at her, she sucked it all up inside her where it could built a larger and larger bust, if she were to let it out. As if she mimicked his anger. The blast of air shot towards her, making the flyaway of her braided hair as well as the shirt of her dress flutter drastically. However she didn’t bat much of an eye. And even if he had out enough force into it to tip over a human being, she stood unaffected by the pressure like a nailed down statue. Any signs of smile had left her face in favour of a strained expression. Like a toddler holding both tears and temper back although the scolding they got felt so unfair. This wasn’t fair! Not fair at all! She was aware that she had broken a rule, but that rule had only been there for her. Not Michael. Not Eos. And definitely not Remiel. Not even for Raphael who simply chose to stay in Heaven. This is what you, all my beloved brother and sisters, are choosing over your home! Even you’d rather spend your time here and still you’re expecting me to feel ashamed?“ she snapped back at him, her own tone steadily increasing in volume.
She had far more difficulty managing her emotions and keeping them in check. Was she sad, she’d cry. Was she happy, she’d cry. And was she unfairly treated, like this, she threw a tantrum. “I haven’t abandoned my duties!” It wasn’t a gust of wind like Michael’s, it was nothing physical, but without her wings busting out of her back, the sensation of their big presence filled the space behind her. “I’m simply doing what I was meant to do directly among the humans for the first time in one hundred thousand years. I’ve been told to love Father’s mortal creations and I have! But only on a distance.” Since the incidence.

Abruptly her expression changed. Smoothing out the anger and let the pleading seep through once more. She quickly grabbed out to his hand and held it in hers. Holding it up between them, while she looked her brother deep into his eyes. “I’ve heard their music for the first time. And Remiel was right. It’s amazing. He told me about how the food taste different, and it does! I doubted his excitement for how some didn’t taste good but now I think I understand,” she said with a softer voice. Trying hard to convince her brother, that, yes, she had defied God which was a heinous crime and she would be punished for it when she’d return, but he couldn’t deny what she had been missing… could he?
“Remiel also told me about how Lucifer has disappeared. That’s not the only thing. The Archives are in shambles. Prayers are changing alignment. And… I was able to get to Earth unlike I’ve been before. Maybe Father opened up for me. Wanted me here. To help.” She squeezed his hand even tighter, holding it close to her chest and beating heart and with the tension she showed in her upper body, she might as well have been standing up on her toes. “Brother. Please. Something is not right. And I can’t just stand by the side lines. You of all should understand.” She didn’t allow him to look away from her. Even if he did, she made should he’d feel her big, begging puppy eyes on him. And he’d need a bit more than just gently pulling his hand from her grip if he wished for her to led up of him.
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptySøn Feb 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Her words made him realize just how oblivious she was to the horrors he faced every day. Yes, he chose to be here. But he wasn’t so sure that she understood why. That, if he could live in Heaven without the worries, obligations, and the weight of billions of lives depending on him, he would. “So, what? You want to come here and fight demons? Because I can guarantee you that sooner or later they’re going to come for you. Father protected you from that. From all the evil that goes on here. He spared you from sin and corruption. And what, you think being exposed to that is a privilege of some kind? Well, must be nice to have the luxury to think like that,” he said, thinking that she made it up to be much better than it was. Or perhaps it was envy he felt. God had never hesitated to send him straight into the claws of this world’s evil. He'd spent two hundred and fifty years in Hell before he sent Chamuel. And indeed, he had convinced himself that he deserved that, and that he was to be punished. But there still seemed to be something off about the way he treated the different angels. Peace and him, especially. Michael had always been able to explain it off. After all, the angels were created with different abilities and purposes in mind, but at this moment he found it difficult to do just that. “You know, Peace. I don't think you realize just how lucky you are,” he said in a lower tone. He needed to say this. To let her know that it wasn't sunshine and rainbows to be sent to Earth for any mission. Most of the angels who were sent here for peaceful purposes still winded up in danger or vices. Or in worse cases, fallen or dead.

Michael shook his head as she said that she hadn’t abandoned her duties. Simply doing her work on Earth instead. Because she had still abandoned the angels who needed her leadership in Heaven. She had still gone against Father’s wishes. And she had still kept this a secret to everyone.
He leaned slightly back as something in her expression changed - as if she’d abandoned the idea to further fuel his anger by arguing. He lowered his gaze the moment she grabbed his hand, his first instinct being to yank it away because it wasn’t going to work with him. No matter what she said or did, he'd have to send her back. Because surely, their Father wouldn’t have sent him here if he didn’t wish for this. He looked into her eyes as she tried to reason with him. And although it had been so long ago, he recognized those feelings. The curiosity and fascination with humanity and their inventions. How he’d stand in the distance and observe them before trying it out first-hand. And truthfully there were many joys on Earth. He'd just thought it was more important to tell her of its dangers. Besides, he didn't think it was in his place to judge whether she deserved to experience its good sides, albeit having being robbed for that particular aspect for so long.

As she continued, he slowly started to doubt the real reason Father had sent him here. That perhaps he had sent him here to guide her on this new path. And for a while, he contemplated what to make of the situation. He knew that things were changing. They were getting worse. But he couldn’t quite see why this meant he shouldn’t send her back. To at least keep Heaven under control while everything else lost it. However, he couldn't possibly know what he was supposed to do. His Father had always worked in mysterious ways, and it wasn't easy to know his intentions unless he gave a clear command. “If he did, he would have told me. Given me some sort of sign. You know, if I don't send you back I will feel responsible for what happens to you while you're here.” He shifted between her eyes as she squeezed his hand, feeling the pulsing beat of her heart against it, and he could see how badly she wanted this. A chance, at the very least. And he understood. He’d never in a million years prefer to be on the sidelines. Nor had he ever needed to. He exhaled and pulled his hand away from her grip. He then turned around to walk a few steps away from her. Hoping that the distance from her pleading eyes would help clear his mind. To do what he knew was right. But… For whatever reason he was led to her, perhaps she wouldn’t need to go home straight away. After all, he couldn’t help but think she deserved to be here. Just for a little while. “All right,” he finally said before he turned around to face her. “I won’t send you back. Yet. But you gotta stay with me. Okay? No more of this—” He looked around the room. “Well, whatever you've been doing for... Just how long have you been on Earth?” he asked as he returned his gaze to her.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyMan Feb 22, 2021 5:25 pm

“Yes!” she shouted not even letting her brother properly finish his paragraph of how wrong he apparently found her excuses to be. “I’m an archangel as well, aren’t I? Father gave me the rank because of my strengths and capabilities just how he gave it to you. He created me to fight against evil. And I’m not completely incompetent when it comes to doing just that. You were even the one who taught me to fight! You! And you still think that I need Father’s constant protection? If Father truly worries about Earth corrupting me then I’m a flawed creation and Father’s creations aren’t flawed.” She didn’t entirely know where all of it came from. The anger. She hadn’t had it in her before. Not like this anyway. She had ones been part of the army. Before God had sheltered her away in Heaven, but she had always still felt like she was part of it. Like how she had still been sent into action, be it a rather short trip to Hell rather than a stationing on Earth. It wasn’t fair for Michael to ridicule her sense of righteous duty , not when he himself surely must be filled with it himself. Every single hour of every single day of every single century. She had seen him. She knew him. He was her dearest brother! He never rested because of the exact same thing that fuelled her to wish that she could be of help in the direct fight. And not in her safe little room in Paradis. Just for one more time!
I don’t think you realize just how lucky you are.
For some reason, those words stuck even deeper in her than any of the other ones and it immediately brought tears to her eyes as her face dropped from the angsty expression to hurt. Her mouth closed and her jaw locked as he with those words had managed to make silence her tantrum. Even that wasn’t fair. How much power he had over her. She still looked up to him and had done ever since she had met him after her creation. More so than any of her other siblings. She had… wanted to be like him in some way. But now she had disappointed him. And she, in truth, felt horrible. Luckily, the tears in her eyes never left to roll over her cheeks.

Her chest rose drastically with a sudden and deep breathe, lifting the hand, which she held so close to her, as well. Pleading had returned to her hurtful eyed, which she had hoped would be enough a window to her soul for him to give in and understand, but then he didn’t and her head fell and turned, leading her gaze shamefully to the side. “Is my purpose really to be sheltered? To be kept safe? How is the humans meant to find peace, find me in them? Faith has been steadily declining over the decades. Humans won’t believe what they haven’t seen or met.” While Peace hadn’t been on Earth for many, many, many years, she hadn’t been shielded from knowing what was going on. To an extent. She knew about the evolution that happened and the names of thinks like cars and planes but she had never experienced any of it. All right. Instantly the atmosphere changed completely around her once again.

Her head shot up and her eyes looked at him with overtly dawning and joyous surprise. She could hardly contain her happiness, so much so that brilliant and heavenly light began so shine from her silhouette, slowly revealing the shadows which the essence of her wings casted without even being spread out yet. Had the humans still been in the room there weren’t any telling how they’d have reacted, so it had been a wise choice to have them all leave them alone. That, and to keep Michael’s identify a secret. “You won’t send me back?” she repeated as if not actually believing it until a bright smile broke through and left none of the hurt of the anger behind as if she was only capable of feeling one emotion at a time. She barely heard his conditions for letting her stay. “Oh thank you, brother! Thank you!” She finally let go of his hands but only to then jump him, her arms wrapping around his neck and pressed herself tightly into him, letting her feet flutter off the ground for just a second. Like she probably would have done the moment she had seen him had he not stopped her. This time there had been no stopping her.
She drew a little bit away from him at least, letting their faces be right in front of each other’s, close enough that it might have seemed she’d been about to plant a kiss on his cheek, but then she pulled all the way away from him, skipping a few steps backwards and then calming more down. “I came here in late June. The humans here..” She gestured an arm towards the town. “They’ve been so kind to me. They took me in from the very beginning and they’ve been taking care of me. Invited me into their homes, served me meals which I have never tasted before. Earth is nothing like it was. What’ve been doing here is help and restore faith. I don’t understand why I shouldn’t be doing that.”
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyOns Mar 10, 2021 5:27 pm

The anger and frustration were evident in her voice. However uncharacteristic it was to see her like this. And he wondered how long she’d felt this way. How long she had dreamt of going to Earth before realizing that her only way out was to defy Father. But if Peace truly wanted to help him. Then perhaps they could figure something out. Lord knew he needed all the help he could get. At the same time, however, he didn't understand why she seemed miserable with her current position. And he wasn’t so sure that there was another way for her nor that their Father would allow it. But it seemed plausible. After all, tasks could be restructured and delegated to others.
One sentence struck something in her. Silence followed and a deeper sorrow filled her eyes. He thought this meant that the fight was over. That she was done arguing back. She might be hurt now but sending her back would save her from a lot more hurt in the future. So overall he still deemed this to be for the best. She reverted from his gaze to look to her side. “You should be grateful for as much as the privilege to serve him. Whether that be in Heaven or on Earth.” He knew their Father would be anything but pleased to see her talk of her job this way. “You must trust that Father gave you those commands for a reason.” He had many times explained occurrences off with this thought. That Father did everything for a reason. And that this reason, however hopeless it seemed at the time, was nothing but good. Besides, he had sent other angels to deal with faith on Earth and although Michael knew that Earth needed much more help than they had resources for, he still had to believe that she was meant to rule from Heaven. “And by Heaven do I wish you could be kept safe for all eternity, Peace. To not have to go through the same experiences as I have. But if you truly believe that you’ll be happier on Earth, then tell me you’ve at least prayed for Father’s guidance?” If she had, it would point to this being a destined path in her story. “Perhaps he’s decided to give you what you’ve asked in prayer.” If anything, that would explain why Michael hadn’t heard of her disappearance before now.  

Once he'd decided against sending her back, her expression immediately lit up. So did her whole being. Divine light radiated from her. Reminded him of the holy glory of Heaven. He still intended to send her back, but the immense joy it had brought forth in her made the choice to postpone it feel all the more right. The air was sucked out of him as she suddenly embraced him. Michael wrapped his arms around her and a smile finally appeared on his lips. He felt a warm burst of happiness but also a prick of worry. Because he couldn’t help to think that he might be going against Father for doing this. For not following protocol and instead speculate. Once she drew away, his smile was only present in his eyes. He removed his hands as she pulled away. June? She had been here since June. Why had no one told him of this? Of course, they might not have known. Or they hadn’t thought to bother Michael with the news. Or it had simply been Father’s wish all along.
He listened to her as she spoke of the townsfolk. She was very lucky to have found this religious town as compared to most other places on Earth. But it was good. A positive impression was better than a negative one. Many angels were met with terror the moment they stepped foot here, after all. “That’s great to hear... but you should understand why. Because you've been given an order not to.” It had always been as simple as that for him. He had always followed orders without question and expected his angels to do the same for him. “However, don’t remind me. I’ll just end up regretting my decision.” A faint smile tugged in the corner of his mouth as he looked at her before he neared the door and opened it. “Let's go.” He kept the door open for her before they both walked outside and were greeted by the warm sunshine. “So you've not seen anything besides this town?” he asked as he took in the view of the main street.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTors Mar 25, 2021 2:03 pm

Michael was undoubtedly not very pleased with the situation. At the very least, he didn’t give the feeling of fully wanting to go along with it. Like he had said; he’d much rather have her be safe and sound in Heaven for all eternity just like their loving and gracious Father. She did wonder if her brother had thought that since her creation or if it had started out that day where it had all gone horribly wrong. But while his stern passive scolding of her did hack at her, it was far from enough to do any major dent in the enormous amount of glee his partial approval had filled her being with. Of course, it did leave somewhat of an engraving. A tingling of a reminder in the back of her mind of the seriousness of what she had done. She could very easily give blame to the gates even letting her passage out but, in the end, it was still Chamuel herself that had made the decision to leave now that the door had been left open. For some reason.
She twirled around to face her dearest brother by the door and was quick on her feet to follow him. “You won’t. I’ll make sure of it,” she said, confident that what she was stating was the truth and only the truth. She wouldn’t lie. Not to Michael. Even after so, so many years she still looked up to him. Much more than she did any of her other siblings. He was her sun, shining brightly and leading her way. She reached his side with a bit of a spring in her step whereafter she calmed down slightly as they walked through the town hall’s entrance hall, her hands politely joined behind her, arms stretch and making her posture automatically tighter and straighter.

Being so used to the pure and refined lights of the Heavens as well as having already spent the summer month in the town, the sun that met them, as they got outside, didn’t even have her squint or grimace. Instead, it shinned on her already beaming face and bounced off her sun-kissed skin to emphasise her faint freckles. People who had been with her in the room before being escorted out by the underlying demands of Michael, were still standing outside the town hall, seemingly waiting for the two to exit. The amount of people had decreased, probably gone back home for the day but a few familiar faces were still present. Chamuel calmly looked around as she spoke: “No, it hasn’t felt right to leave. It’s like they need me here. Or maybe it’s that I need them.” She made eye contact with the same woman who had shown Michael the way there, who at that moment was standing down by the street, talking to another man with a ruffled dog by his side. Her eyes glided over to the other side before stopping back at the angel by her side, her smile still there, although dimed to not overshadow or undermine the sentence that followed. “A few demons came to the town in September. Minor demons. I took care of them, naturally, since they didn’t care to talk. Earth is not a place for such creatures and yet they roam everywhere.”
Chamuel wasn’t known for being someone who bothered with interrogations. Her approaches were always very head on. Which explained why she had never really given the missions that required making someone talk. Those demons that had visited the town could very well not have been there to make trouble. But a demon was a demon and every demon meant trouble…
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTors Apr 08, 2021 9:25 pm

He shot her a side glance when she promised he wouldn’t regret it, hoping that she was telling the truth. That for this one time, things wouldn’t go wrong. That no harm would fall upon her. At least not in the way it had most of his family. He loved Chamuel dearly and he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself if this decision resulted in something similar happening to her. He sighed deeply to let go of the concern because once his mind fell into that pit, it was difficult to get out.
Michael took a moment to think of her words, understanding the need to follow a certain feeling. He was convinced it was God’s or Fate’s way of guiding them. So, he felt reassured knowing that she had felt that about being here. Something that only got reinforced once she added that demons had come to the town. It gave more sense to the situation, for Chamuel to be here, protecting the humans against them. It couldn’t just be a coincidence. Michael turned his head to look at her with a serious expression. “Yes, and it's only gotten worse since Lucifer's disappearance. There's a clear lack of order in Hell these days,” he said, feeling weary just thinking about it. It didn’t exactly help that some of his worst enemies whom he’d sent to Hell now were returning because of this management. But there was little he could do to influence the power in Hell. All he could do was speak to people who had a chance at making a real change, people who had similar objectives of restoring the order. Because what was happening now was pure havoc.

However, there was something about the way she'd talked of the demons that made him worry that she'd simply killed them just because they were demons and not because they'd posed a threat. It was something many angels who'd been raised in Heaven did. He walked for a few moments of silence before speaking: “I need you to know that you ought to pick your battles. Many demons aren’t interested in crossing archangels and most have no incentive to go against Heaven. Some even have morals that align with ours.” Point was she couldn’t just kill any demon or unholy being she saw. “And as much as I’d like to rid the world of them, to place them all in Hell, that’s an impossible task, and so we only target those who have it coming. Catching them committing a crime or a murder or carrying out a greater agenda for evil. Do you understand?” He looked ahead of them at the horizon ahead before finally looking at her. He hoped she'd reason with him on this. He needed her to get in that mindset early on because he knew how difficult it had been for him to change his own mind regarding it. Preferring when things were either black or white. But it was something that came with the many experiences he'd gained on Earth. And if she could do that, to at least keep an open mind, it would make the meeting with Zachary go much smoother. After all, he wasn’t interested in her to full-on think he deserved to be in Hell just because he’d turned fallen. There was still so much good in him, he knew that. And he needed others to see that as well. Only then could they help him stay on the rightful path and not turn towards the darkness.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTirs Apr 13, 2021 5:35 pm

A frown was never a feature that suited any pretty face, let alone a high-ranking angel such as herself and yet it so easily appeared on her face as her brother’s wrapped-up lector left his mouth. Her eyes had been on him the entire time, even when he had looked stiffly forward like a commander to his troops. She knew that behavior all too well. Michael had trained her too. She had seen him do exactly this many times before. It was a posture that didn’t give much room for questioning his ord. If any, honestly. And was she any soldier behind him, she would’ve been taught to only obey. However it wasn’t so much the case, which her knitted brows hinted before she abruptly made further light of.
As soon as he looked to her - Do you understand? she walked up in front of him, halting them both in the middle of the sunlit sidewalk and looked him straight in the eye, her hazel iris leaning more green as they mirrored his. “It is in every demons nature to go against Heaven. After Lucifer fell from grace he needed an army so he created them. To torment Father’s creations. I cannot believe that they’re deserving of any mercy. Or that their morals would align with ours. We are pure.” She spoke rather grounded despite it being very unfiltered. She believed everything she said. She was convinced that was how it was. A part of why she had looked so much up to her brother was because he fought the evil as well as he did. With a sight as tightknit as her own.
“If we just sit back and let seemingly passive demons roam freely like that just because they haven’t broken any of the laws set out by God there’ll be a risk of them spreading even further. And a newly demon born is on too many, brother. They will eventually turn their back on God’s light. It’s in their blood. If they were good then why won’t Father let them in through the Gates of Heaven after their death?” she asked him in all seriousness. Michael had to see the creeping blasphemy in his developing beliefs. It didn’t add up. And it also applied to the fallen of their brothers and sisters, so she actively denied any real pokes at him - the Michael - swaying. To think that was blasphemy in itself!

Her expression slowly turned from being earnest and confident to become more of a pout as other matters started to plague her mind. “Also when was I going to be told that Lucifer had disappeared? Remiel told me but at that time it wasn’t new. And it felt more like passerby. Have I been kept in the dark on purpose, brother? Please tell me it wasn’t so,” she nearly yapped at him since she demanded answers. Michael at brought it up himself, reminded her about his injustice, even though she had known about it for months now.
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptySøn Apr 25, 2021 7:44 pm

The surprise was evident in his eyes as she walked in front of him, halting him from moving forward. At first, he’d thought she’d wanted to question him about it, that she’d at least be willing to try and understand. But instead, she returned his words with a lecture that every new angel was taught in Heaven. A reminder he didn’t need. He was far too ancient for that. And none of them could truly understand the complexity of evil unless they’d lived on Earth. He tilted his head as he looked at her, crossing his arms in front of his chest. “Are we?” If angels were so pure then shouldn’t they also be incapable of sin? “It might be our inclination, Chamuel. But what we are is not equal to who we are. Of whom we choose to be. That’s why it’s important that you judge people by their moral compass rather than their race.” A person’s actions spoke louder than words and it was a much safer bet than just targeting anyone who was a demon or of any unholy origin. Because truth was, even some of those beings did good things in the world, and his primary goal had always been to let good prevail. Of course, many other factors played a role as well. And in all truth, he wasn’t opposed to demons dying even if they had good in them. But he felt that it was important to prioritize those who were inherently evil.

He turned his gaze from her to a father with his daughter on the opposite sidewalk. It was possible that every new demon had a risk of becoming evil. That they'd choose to follow the darkness within them. But so did every newborn human and angel - even if the chances were less. And God was the almighty creator of all. So, for whatever reason He had decided to create demons and yet not allow them in Heaven, he had to trust that they were created for a reason. “Because they’ll always belong in Hell. It’s just the way it is.” He returned his eyes to her, thinking of the time he'd been caged in Hell. He remembered how he'd thought he’d die there and never be brought back. Never see Heaven again despite everything he’d done for it. Essentially believing that he belonged there. At least, he didn't believe God would have put him in that position if he hadn’t any darkness in him. “I don’t expect you to understand it all this instance. I just need you to trust me. And at the very keep an open mind.” He shifted between her eyes, wanting to tell her what had happened to Zachary. But after everything she’d just said, it only made it that much more difficult for him to tell her. And so, he refrained from doing so. “Will you do that for me?” he then asked, hoping she'd at least try to consider his words in the future.

He uncrossed his arms and changed his expression as she reverted to the topic of Lucifer. He’d honestly thought someone would have told her about that shortly after he’d heard the news. It was of great concern to all angels that Hell didn't have any leadership. And the leader that would eventually be chosen could turn out to have detrimental consequences for Earth. “No, of course not. It surprises me that no one has told you.” The only reason he hadn’t told her himself was because he didn’t want to put that worry on her. And because he hadn't really had a chance to talk with her. But if he had, he’d of course been the one to tell her. It was only fair that she knew about such changes. “But what were you supposed to do about it from Heaven, anyway? Eos is the one of us who’s been appointed the task of dealing with it.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyFre Apr 30, 2021 11:43 pm

”Of course, we are!” There was little to no hesitation to find in Chamuel as she very plainly answered the question, which he probably had more thought of as something rhetorical. Her eyes remained firmly attached onto her dearest brother so that even if he was to try and escape her glare by simply not looking at her, they’d still be there, waiting for him. A little after she then added a creeping frown in her brows before adding a few words to her reply with a slightly lowered tone: “At least that’s what we’re supposed to be.” She held extremely deep love for her brother, Michael especially. He was, to her, the brightest of suns in Heaven, the leading hand and the most perfect of Father’s creations. So she truly didn’t enjoy this feeling she felt in her gut about him, but hadn’t it sounded an awful lot like …doubt? Surely not. The archangels were strong beings.. Her mind was luckily quit to fill up with reasonable thoughts and pushed anything else back to leave her back at pouting rather than blaming.
And even though she had been so sure of herself, that she wouldn’t let him flee from her gaze, the moment Michael did turn his head and looked to the side, she followed suit shortly after, just being too curious as so what he was watching. She saw the father with his child. But they were humans - not demons - so it didn’t really bring any conflicting feelings of a dilemma forth in her. However, her expressive, almost childish tempered expression smoothed back out again, as she get her eyes follow the two until she’d have to turn her head father than it was possibly to keep going. “Exactly,” she said much softer than the previous lecture she had had her brother endure - what a sister she was - but the word still sprang enthusiastically from her lips as she turned back to look at Michael. “They belong in Hell. Not here on Earth. Just like we belong in Heaven. We’re…” In that instant, she suddenly realized how she essentially had just reasoned against her stay on Earth and she slid into a mute by forcing her lips closed so to not keep speaking. But it was different for them! They were allowed, even encouraged, to be on Earth even if they truly belonged in Heaven. They had a duties. She had a really had time trying to understand how demonic creatures, whom only raised havoc to God’s beloved creations, would ever have the permission. And without permissioned they should be.. punished.

Slowly but surely one would be able to see her tender shoulders drop further and further down until the tension that had held them up was nowhere to be seen. She sighed lightly as the remaining cracks of defiance evened out and left instead an empathetic glow in her green hazel eyes. Be open-minded. Would she do that for him? For Michael… Of course she would. When ends came to ends, she’d probably do anything for him. It wasn’t fair.. “You know I trust you, brother. With all my heart. So… I’ll trust you on this one too. I’ll keep an open mind,” she vowed right then and there, somehow managing to not sound entirely defeated. She looked away from him for just a second before finding his eyes once again where she seemed to look a tad deeper where after she took the first step back and stepped aside to not block the path and started to turn around to face the same way as Michael again.

It relieved her to then hear that she hadn’t been kept in the dark on purpose, but a flash of offence did return when questioned what good it was for her to know anyway. It sounded cold and dismissive in her ears. “That’s true. But you can’t expect our sister to keep the burden all on her own.” She looked to him by back by her side. “I’ll never doubt her strength or her capability of handling it, but the disappearance of Lucifer is not just some higher up demon escaping through the Gates. It involves us all. There’s a lot I’d be able to do from Heaven. My angels aren’t just for show even if we don’t visit Earth on missions.
“The Prayers’ Archives were affected by it and it would’ve been simply nice to know so there’d been an explanation for it a lot earlier than July. When exactly did someone notice that Lucifer was missing? Can you tell me that?”
Weirdly enough, she hadn’t thought to ask anyone that before now.
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyMan Maj 17, 2021 6:34 pm

He tensed his jaw at her enthusiastic tone. It did little to ease his prior thoughts of Hell and why he was sentenced to suffer there for all those years. But he tried his best to not allow his mind to go there. He then raised his chin as she said something that contradicted what she’d done. It also spoke against the many angels who had important missions on Earth. He anticipated her to say that the angels had the justification and that they weren’t corrupting humanity. This being the reason they didn't belong solely in Heaven. But it didn’t take away from the fact that other creatures had the right to be on Earth as well. Regardless of what either of them thought of it.
His own tension seemed to diminish once hers did, mimicking her softer expression. He gave her a brief nod as she told him she’d keep an open mind. It was all he needed to hear from her at this point. “Good.” He had worried that she’d kept up her defiance, giving him no choice but to send her back. But if she was willing to listen to him and trust that he only meant well, she’d get a much easier start to life on Earth. As she stepped to the side, he continued walking down the street. “Because as soon as we return to Gaia there will be an abundance of unholy creatures.” She knew this, of course, but it just put more emphasis on why she'd need to keep an open mind. Because she'd quickly create a whole lot of unnecessary enemies if she didn't. “And if you want to go on a hunt or help aside from your prayers, I have many unsolved cases that you’re welcome to take a look at.” He glanced to her side. He knew that she’d probably feel a great need to help more hands-on than she had in the past, and if anything, Gaia really needed that.  

He furrowed his brows slightly because of course they were all going to help if needed, but the area of responsibility had been given to her and hence the angels working under her. Not them. However, he still deemed that all angels should have known. Just in case someone saw anything suspicious regarding it. Why his sister or anyone else hadn't broadcasted the news, he couldn't know. “I agree. But she has many angels working with her on it. And I trust that she’ll reach out if she needs more resources.” He understood why she as an archangel would feel lesser than for not knowing this and why she lashed out now, but he was barely ever in Heaven, and they had many angelic messengers that should’ve delivered the news. It was the usual protocol. “I heard of it July last year,” he replied, still thinking it was a rather strange case. It didn’t seem like his brother to disappear into thin air like that. And he’d theorized many things, but none made a whole lot of sense. He didn’t see why he’d leave everything he’d created behind, not unless something major had happened. “I spoke to someone who’d seen him in London the preceding year. She told me that he was possessing a female angel at the time. She also told me that something seemed different about him. Said that he was tired of people knowing who he was. And that he cared.” He still had a hard time believing that she talked of his brother in that correspondence. Because the Lucifer he knew was anything but caring. Not to anyone but himself. “Afterwards I talked to Abigal who I knew had blown his head off to ask further questions… I don’t know if the investigation has advanced much since then.” He figured he might as well tell her everything he knew now that she seemed to have a great interest in it.
He slowed his pace as they neared the end of the main road and turned his eyes to her. “Do you need to bring anything with you before we depart?” He assumed she had some belongings here that she’d need to retrieve. She'd possibly also want to say goodbye to some of the humans she'd met and tell them that it was time for her to move on.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTirs Maj 18, 2021 1:15 pm

There was a few reasons for her face to brighten by the offer of helping out hands on. It had been far too long since she had been properly in the field and while she would never think of herself to be out of shape and possibly rusty, she knew she had to get more or less back into the game. And of course, this would give her plenty of opportunities to show her brother what she was capable of. More so than he already knew. It was an eternal goal of hers to make Michael proud of her. It was as if it had been ingrained in her from the moment of her creation. She had long thought that she might as well have been molded for him, but only because he had come before her so logic didn’t allow him to have been created for her to have someone to follow. They had a bond, she believed. One different from say the one she had with their brother Gabriel. Or the one that was finally beginning to mend with Hope himself. While she felt as an equal, like a twin - or even bigger sister - with Gabriel and more a friend to Remiel, with Michael there wasn’t any doubt how she held him higher. The singular older brother despite her being the youngest of them all
She therefor nodded, gladly taking him up on whatever he’d seem fit for her to do. It had, though, also pushed the whole thing about her not picking fights with whoever a little farther back in her mind.

July last year..
Chamuel clenched her jaw. A year and a half was almost nothing in the eyes of an forever-living angel as them but it was rather long for the human race, which surely was in danger with their destructive brother on the loose. The initial prickle feeling she had felt with not having been told sooner was already gone again as more pressing matters required her frontal attention. And it was such a small thing compared. She wouldn’t be allowed to feel offense for long had God a say, had she ended up holding on to it.
Hazel eyes observed her brother as they had done to many times before and although her focus was nowhere else to find than there, she walked confidently without swaying, effortlessly stepping over small heightened cracks in the sidewalk so to not trip. “Cared?” she had to repeat as soon as the word had left his lips. “What would Lucifer be caring about now? After so many millenniums? He didn’t even care when Father wanted him to.” She believed this as much as Michael did. Probably even less. She hadn’t met with this woman and it didn’t sound like he did either outside of meeting her to hear her claim. But if she really was the only witness then maybe there at least was some truth in Lucifer’s supposed statement of being tired of being known and was now hiding not only his face but also his aura. Complete incognito.

“Hm?” The faint sound of curious surprise hummed as naively clean as the look on her face. She had been well aware that they’d have to get going but it suddenly was too soon. He made it sound like he wanted to depart that very moment. “I have a few gifts. But are we leaving already?” Having first matched his slow pace she ended up stopping completely again at the road corner. ”We can’t do that.” This town still needs me. “Can’t we stay just one more night? I’d hate to leave so suddenly. We can go first thing in the morning, can’t we? The humans who has let me into their home since I arrived here has been ever so kind and I’m sure they’d let you stay too. You should join us for supper. To regain strength.”
Pleading eyes looked mercilessly at him, again with her head slightly tilted and she subconsciously pressed her full lips together in anticipation. She wanted him to meet the family and the people she had been around. They were good people. They had become dear to her over the last months she had been in Jacksonville. And could he really deny her a proper, smooth goodbye over a quick one?
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTirs Jun 15, 2021 3:08 pm

He understood her skepticism to the word. Caring and Lucifer were two separable things. And she was right. He hadn’t cared for so long, which also meant he wouldn’t simply start now. There had to be a very good explanation for such a thing to occur. “It gets stranger.” He let out a breath as he turned his gaze to her. He clearly remembered Zitora's answers to his questions about his brother. “She told me he was the one who pulled her from the darkness. That he saved her. I must admit I was rather perplexed to hear that he'd ever do something so uncharacteristic. Frankly, I still suspect that it wasn’t really him that she met, and even if it was, someone had to have messed with his head to a detrimental degree. However, none of the research I did brought me much closer to where he might have gone or what had happened.” He wasn’t even sure how he should have interpreted her reply then, but he figured he’d saved her from going to Hell or from succumbing to some sort of darkness within her. Which spoke completely against who his fallen brother was and stood for. It was all very anomalous.

We can’t do that. Michael raised a brow as he looked at her, anticipating further elaboration on why not. For someone who had the prospect of being sent straight to Heaven, he didn’t see why she’d be reluctant to leave this old town. He watched the main street for a few seconds, thinking that its inhabitants had to have treated her extraordinarily well for her to feel this attached to it. As she then continued, stating she’d just need one more night, he turned his eyes back to her. Considering it for a few additional seconds. After all, it would take time away from more important matters. But there was another part of him that had a very hard time saying no when it seemed so important to her. And the only real disadvantage of disappointing her was missing out on one case. But what was one case of evil, when he always prioritized them over his family? For once he felt like he ought to do better and take this time to be with her, so he pushed his inner guilt and troubles aside. “All right. We’ll leave first thing in the morning,” he acceded before a calm smile appeared on his lips. Besides, it seemed right of him to thank the townsfolk for taking care of his sister. Had she arrived in many other parts of the world, she’d not been met with the same generosity and kindness. He turned slightly on his heel to face the town as he overlooked it, being able to see the beautiful white church in the distance. “So, the humans who took you in. Will you introduce me to them now or is there something else you want to show me?” he asked, allowing her to choose what they did now. Besides, she knew the place much better than he did, and he was genuinely interested to hear more about her time here.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyFre Jul 09, 2021 10:45 am

To much of the same extend as her excited reaction to not sent her straight back to Heaven, Chamuel beam right back up when he agreed to stay that one last night. Her smile growing far bigger and a lot faster than her brother’s peaceful one and once again she didn’t hesitate to jump into him with yet another big hug – arms fully around his neck - of sheer gratefulness. “First thing in the morning. I promise,” she reassured him as she pulled away from the hug again, looking at him with freshly lit lights twinkling in her large hazel eyes. And she did indeed promise that. For now. The archangel of peace had some minor tendencies to play certain things by ear. Because who knew? Maybe something else of importance would come up. But in that moment, she at least didn’t lie or gave him a consciously watered-down vow.

Now – where should they go? Originally, she had not given it much thought since she’d expect Michael to not give her the option of sightseeing. But now that he had put the thought into her head, she obviously didn’t feel like just letting the opportunity whisk away like that. Her olive-bronzed face fell into clear pondering features as she began going through what there were which she wanted to show him. Evidently, she wanted to show him everything. Every little nook and cranny of the town. She wanted to show him the lavender fields but sadly, the blooming season was long gone now; the beginning winter weather having settled. Such a shame, really. They had bloomed when she had arrived and how she had enjoyed being among the strong calming scent of the flower.
Her eyes wondered together with her brother’s again and she quickly focused in on the church as well. Of course! The church! It was such a quaint church, she had come to know, as well as she had been told there were much grander ones around the world. Would she get to see those too? She carefully glanced up at Michael where she was met with his eternally beautiful gazing expression. So strong. It hadn’t changed one bit since the first time she had seen it.
“Coffee!” she suddenly called out as she became reminded of it. The church could wait. Michael knew churches, of course he did. But did he know about coffee?! Surely not. “Humans are quite fond of this drink where they first roast these beans and make them super aromatic before seeping grounds of them in water. And apparently a place here in Jacksonville is supposed to have the best of the variant. I like it, it turns out. Super bitter.” One would probably assume someone like Chamuel to have a sweet tooth and that wasn’t entirely wrong. But little did she know that people actually put sugar in their bitter bean water, so instead her tongue had simply gotten used to its pure bitterness.

It didn’t really occur to her that all these mundane things were something Michael had come across already. Not because she was particularly daft, but she was simply blinded by the joy of getting to intrude him so her new discoveries. “I should remember it correctly that it’s this way towards the downtown.” She jigged her head in the direction before  waltzing by her brother to lead the way.
Michael

Michael

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyTirs Aug 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Her embrace reminded him of home. It filled his heart with a peaceful warmth that was hard to come by. He was often told to let himself feel it more often. But it was easier advised than done. He had a greater responsibility than most people could fathom. Their lives revolved around family and love. But his was far more complicated. Besides, he hadn't much of a say in the matter. God rarely granted him time for leisure. There was always work that needed to be done. Things of graver importance. Things that wouldn’t get done unless he himself did it. So, most of his time was dedicated to his job. But that didn’t mean he loved his family any less. And should they ever find themselves in trouble, he would try his hardest to be there for them. As for the rest of the time, he rarely got to hear how they were doing. So, it was no wonder that the simple gesture brought him back to a time where he'd lived in Heaven and spent most of his time with his family. He was only happy that she still carried the same youthful joy to her as she had back then. It seemed that a truly happy expression had long since been erased from his expression. Afraid to fully let the feeling get to him after the countless losses he'd experienced.
He looked into her eyes at her promise, seeing them gleam with joy, sparkling in the radiant sunshine. He could tell she really had liked it here. And now that it was confirmed she’d stay, he couldn’t wait to show her more of this world. Earth’s seven wonders. The battlefields where he’d fought. Old ruins and new civilizations. He’d show her all of it if he could. Instead, she’d have to suffice with seeing it through the locations where his missions took him. But no matter what, he was convinced she'd be absolutely thrilled by it.

Michael often visited churches and religious sites during his travels. If he ever needed his father’s guidance, that’s where he'd go. Moreover, there were always believers who needed charity near churches, so he always felt better after he'd gone.
Coffee?” he repeated, not sure where she was going with that exclamation. His lips then tugged slightly upwards as she explained the drink as if he didn't know what it was. He’d often listened to angels as they enthusiastically spoke of mankind’s inventions. Even if he'd seen it all. But it just reminded him of how different their lives had been. “I like it too,” he admitted, now looking at the storefronts of the main street. And before he knew it, she breezed by him to lead him towards a coffee shop. He quickly reached her side to walk alongside her. If coffee was the first thing she wanted to show him, she'd be glad to know that he had a coffee maker at his place. “What else have you tried while you’ve been here?” She could have seen and tried much in half a year, so he was naturally curious to know about it. He wanted to know the things she'd particularly liked. If she'd driven a car or cooked a meal. He wanted to know if she'd been hurt or felt a fondness towards others beyond that of a normal human-angel relation. But most of all, he just wanted to spend this time with her. That was the most important part of this. He honestly couldn't remember the last time they'd done something together, just the two of them.
Anicka

Anicka

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth EmptyOns Aug 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Chamuel looked at her brother with bafflement spread out into all corners of her face when he revealed to her, that he, in fact, also had a liking for his bean extraction. It took her a good while to make a U-turn back to any realization that, he would’ve come across it with his constantly extending stay on Earth, but until then it was possible for anyone to bath in the innocence of her expression as well as the short moment of almost childlike disappointment. On one side, she had gotten so eager to introduce him to this thing she had found and then part of that experience was now taken from her but then on the other hand she felt excited about the fact, that he was already familiar and so giving them yet another thing to share. And having something in common with Michael had always been a huge deal to the simpleminded angel of peace. “So you’ve already come across it then,” she pointed out as the disillusionment had faded to nothing as if it had never actually been there. “I was told that it was very popular all over the Earthly world. It’s amazing, isn’t it? I do, however wonder, what compelled the first human to willingly drink it because I must admit that originally, the only thing about it which I found appealing was the warmth of it. It kind of looks like clay and mud dirt,” she continued as her mind first got onto that thought track, clearly having fallen right back into the fascination that fueled her energy.
“Oh, I’ve tried so many things, Brother!” she burst out and even got a little skit in her step for a pavement tile or two before calming back down. She suddenly wasn’t too sure as to where to even begin. She had the urge to tell him, that she had tried everything because that was how it felt some times. She didn’t so much live in the future, nor so much the past as the majority of her brothers and sisters, no, she was a present soul, so thoughts about there being so much more to experience wasn’t a front seater, although it, of course, wasn’t absent either. “I’ve tried dancing dances I’ve never tried before and I have watch television. It's very disorienting, though. And those,” She pointed at the passing cars. “I’ve driven those many times. Cars. Remiel told me about them, as well as planes but I don’t like them as much as him. I much prefer flying.” Flying has always been her only form of extraterrestrial transportation. She couldn’t teleport like Michael. Maybe that was exactly why God had given her more wings than her siblings.

The olive-skinned angel kept talking and telling him countless things more, giving him very little room to butt in with any of his own commentary. She was on a roll and while she hadn’t reached the point where she talked because she loved the sound of her own voice, she sure did like talking when first she had begun. She told him mostly about surface-level things. Good and neutrals. The occasional mundane thing she didn’t like, like the car drives or just couldn’t understand at all. Nothing deep. She was too much in high spirit. And they then arrived and she stopped both her talking and her walking.

GoodBean Coffee had a lovely exterior. Old brick building that once probably had been a saloon back in the day. Tall, arches with windows and the entrance door. There was seating outside but Chamuel was quick to guide her brother inside into a fully wooden interior. The place wasn’t very big and the ceiling was pretty low but it was cozy and the big windows brought plenty of light. It smelled strongly of coffee and sweet baked goods carried around by the air-condition, that also kept the temperatures cooler inside. This automatically brought a lift in the corners of her mouth.
Heads turned as they walked in. One archangel would be enough to change the atmosphere of a room and now two had entered. “Actually, I’ve been wondering about something else, Michael,” she confessed as she moved to sit down at a free table. “Why is it you’re here? In Jacksonville?” Suddenly her demeanor changed again. “Have you located any hidden demonic activity?” She hadn’t noticed any but Michael was stronger than her, so, while slim, der was the possibility of it. Michael was there after all. He rarely was places where he shouldn’t be.
Sponsoreret inhold

Peace on Earth Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Peace on Earth   Peace on Earth Empty

Peace on Earth
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» A little peace and quite - Kyle
» If you take my hand I'll show you peace
» In peace you may leave the shore
» We deserve some peace... and rum... lots of rum.
» Don't people like us deserve some peace in life?

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: IX :: USA & Canada-
Gå til: