Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

If you take my hand I'll show you peace

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Mona

Mona

Antal indlæg : 5

If you take my hand I'll show you peace Empty
IndlægEmne: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyOns Jun 29, 2022 10:17 pm

Dedicated to @Rafael
Date 21st of June 2022
Time Early Evening
Weather Warm, a little too warm
Surroundings Mona's small cottage in the outskirts of the pack territory

To say that things had been hectic as of late would be an understatement. It was like a never-ending parade of bad things, one thing took another, and it could be so tough to keep up the good mood in the pack. Things were tense since Nick had died, more so when they had found out that Alicia was back—then adding to what was happening in Tatia’s territory and that Victoria and Rafael had broken up. Well—she wouldn’t blame her alpha if he, at one point, just ended up throwing in the towel and travelling once more.
Despite everything that was going on, Mona had still made it her duty to try and make things work. She had taken care of the pups after the fire had broken up; she had even given a few members a piece of her mind, especially those that wanted to blame Rafael for what had transpired, reminding them all that the woman that had killed Nick was the responsible party, it could never be Rafael’s fault. That she knew that Alicia was the vampire that had killed his family was something she had kept to herself. At least it had seemed like things had deescalated, at least for now—even though she was always the optimist, she was still walking around as if the next terrible thing would happen. Shoulders raised, her heart beating just a little faster while all her senses made sure to pick up any movements around her. Everyone was on edge, so she hadn’t even thought about it before placing herself in her tub's hot water. Her house was small compared to the mansion that Rafael lived in; she had just what she needed—a big enough kitchen in an old farmer's house style to have all her different remedies and things she needed for her shamanism. But also great for cooking grand meals and desserts that she could serve in the small conservatory overlooking her flush and well-kept garden. Then she had a small living room big enough to contain a three-person couch in a blue velvet fabric and a small tv. Then she had her bathroom, which was just big enough to have a tub that could fit her in it, and then a bedroom. All she needed; she was relatively simple like that.
It didn’t take long after she had closed her eyes to savour the moment when someone knocked on the door. She picked up the scent of Rafael rather quickly, and the crying of a baby didn’t pass her hearing “I’m coming!” she yelled before she rushed out of the bathroom, so fast that she slipped on the wet tiles and banged her head into the edge of the tub. “Aw bummer!” she hissed, before scrambling herself together “I’m coming, I’m coming!” she assured Rafael as she grabbed a towel, she threw around her and then ran to the front door, she pulled open. Slightly out of breath she looked at the giant figure, looking rather out of it with the wailing baby in his arms; “Yes?” she blinked, not really understanding what she was seeing. She, herself, had to be quite a sight with water dripping down from her body, and the towel pulled together in the front, only holding together with her hand.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

Antal indlæg : 605

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyMan Jul 04, 2022 9:27 pm

It wasn’t easy pretending that things were going to be okay. To lie to your pack members to reassure them that he had things under control when the reality was that he’d been completely out of it lately. It wasn’t easy knowing what he was supposed to do from now on. If he was going to be so consumed by his need to avenge Alicia that it would affect everyone around him again—that he’d end up failing the people who were in his life because of something that had happened in the past. If he was ever able to let it go.

Ashley had not only lost her husband, but she was now alone with a months-old baby. And for the first time, she’d asked Rafael to take care of him. Even if he hadn’t any prior experience with babies, he couldn’t say no. It didn’t matter what she’d asked of him, he wouldn’t have it in him to utter that word to her. Not with everything she was going through. Besides, how difficult could it be? Miles seemed mostly happy or sleepy whenever he’d seen him. Yet it hadn’t taken him more than two hours before he had to admit that it was indeed very difficult. He held Miles close to him with his head resting on his shoulder, humming a melody and rocking him softly. In the meantime his eyes scanned the list his mother had given him. But he hadn’t forgotten anything, and at this point, he’d tried about everything to stop him from crying. Some of which might have just made it worse. He briefly glanced to the phone on the counter, deliberating calling Ashley to get her advice, but not wanting to interrupt her either, let alone give her another thing to worry about. So, he thought of another potential savior first, remembering how great Mona always seemed to be around the younger wolves.

He grabbed a few things to shove into the bag he’d been given before he threw it over his shoulder, still holding the baby with one arm against the other as he headed outside. The walk seemed to distract Miles a little, making him forget to cry as he took in his surroundings. It made him almost think that it was all he needed until he stopped, and the baby looked at him, only to express some complaining groans that made him continue walking. It wouldn’t surprise him if the baby could sense his doubts about his ability to parent, or his extreme guilt for taking away the person he needed. Nor did it help that he looked nothing like his dad. Eventually, he reached Mona’s cottage and knocked on the door, letting out a silent exhale as she responded on the other side of the walls.
Did you hear that, Milo? She’s coming to help.” It was just as much assurance for Miles as it was to himself. And then it went oddly silent, making him wonder what she was doing or if he was interrupting something. He glanced briefly towards the window to where the kitchen was when she continued to yell that she was on her way. Once the door opened, his eyes met hers but quickly lowered to her wet body, still dripping and with only one hand to keep the towel from falling. It wasn’t that he didn’t fully expect her to respond promptly if the pack was in an emergency, but it still impressed him whenever he got it confirmed. “I’m sorry that I came here, but I just can’t do it anymore. He won’t stop.” He glanced to a wailing Miles in his arms who had put his small hands against his shoulder as if trying to get away. “Do you have time?” he asked, not wanting to intrude on her evening if she had other plans, but he could really use her help. Even if it just meant an hour or until Miles fell asleep.
Mona

Mona

IndlægEmne: Mona bea7c4   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyOns Jul 06, 2022 11:10 am

She blinked a little, her lips parting as if she was about to say something, then they closed again as her dark brown eyes fell on the poor crying child in Rafael’s arms. “Aw Miles, have you made your uncle Rafael’s hair turn grey before his becoming thirty?” she giggled; with a fast movement, she secured the bathrobe around her body. Then she lifted her hands to take the child from her alpha “of course I have time,” she said with a much softer expression. As soon as Miles was lying securely against the side of her chest with his head nestled in the curve of her neck, he started happily pressing his lips together, making small bobbles as he did. The chubby fingers started pulling the wet hair that was almost reaching just underneath her waist.
He can feel you’re stressed out”, she whispered, giving Rafael a small smile, even though it was filled with emotions that understood that he wasn’t doing as well as he might like. “Come in; it could seem like you are both in need of some good company; would you like a cup of tea?” she closed the door behind Rafael, making small bounces so that Milo would stay happily in her arms. “Maybe something stronger?” she chuckled, gesturing that he was welcome to sit down on the couch before she walked into the kitchen, not really minding that she was trailing water all over the floor—she would get it later. Right now, it seemed that Rafael just needed a moment to breathe, something she would happily give him.
It wasn’t lost on Mona how angry her mother had been when Rafael had killed her husband, her alpha and Mona’s father. But the moment her mother had decided to leave with a handful of the others to seek another pack, she had felt that her mother had abandoned the path their ancestors had walked. Moving away from this part of the forest would be like carving out a piece of herself, and she had never had any ill feelings toward Rafael; she could see past all of that. She had to, that was what she had been raised to, and she wasn’t about to stray away from that.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyLør Jul 09, 2022 10:10 pm

He raised a hand to free Miles’ grasp around a lock of his hair before he lifted him towards Mona. The medium-length waves were just long enough for him to reach. “I’ve tried everything. Fed him, changed him, played music for him—” he trailed off as he observed Miles quieting as he laid against Mona. First removing his hands from his body when he seemed secure in her arms. For a few seconds, he just looked between her and Miles. A little baffled by the immediate change in him. “Huh.” Supposedly he’d tried everything but this. Miles once again seemed as happy as he’d been when he was dropped off by his mother. He looked briefly to the wet spot of drool on the shoulder of his white t-shirt before his attention turned back to Mona. His brows rose briefly at her observation. “It’s that obvious?” His brows softened a little as he thought of how everyone must have seen him these past days. He knew that it was bad. That it had been written all over him on more than one occasion. But he’d tried to hide it and pretend that he had those emotions under control. Not wanting that to drag everyone else down.

He stepped inside her home and looked around the small space. He placed the bag with baby supplies by the wall before stepping further. “Tea is fine,” he responded. Tempting as it was to go for something stronger, he didn’t want to give in to alcohol when he was responsible for Miles. Knew he wasn’t strong enough to stop at just one. Knew he’d drink until he’d numbed his emotions and thoughts tremendously. He slouched down on the couch and braced his arms on his thighs as he leaned forward. He exhaled a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose at the ache in his head from all that screaming and crying. For someone with enhanced hearing, it was relieving to finally listen to the quiet of the forest again. To a Miles who now seemed content. “Thank you, by the way.” He turned his head to look at her. “Not just for this, but for helping Mal with the pack whenever I’ve run off. Supporting everyone through this.” He gestured a palm into the air before he leaned back in the seat, placing his arm alongside the backrest. He’d been drinking and getting into fights. He’d run off on last week’s full moon, left his pack alone for most of the night, and burned down part of the forest. So yeah. He wouldn’t know what he’d done if he didn’t have them.
Mona

Mona

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyMan Jul 11, 2022 4:10 pm

She didn’t mean to snort a laugh when he asked if it was that obvious, because it wasn’t funny, far from it really. But it was one of those moments where your body did something you didn’t completely have control over “Sorry” she whispered, giving him a small apologetic smile, then she walked over and put over the kettle so she could make tea, all the while she kept swaying her body so Miles would keep calm and happy.
For?” she said with a small smile, as she walked over and sat down beside him, she knew that she had a tendency to always be close to him, something she knew wasn’t always something that Victoria had particularly liked—whenever girls were involved, Rafael had that energy around him that just pulled them in, but when it came down to who he was as a person, well, she had seen it before how people then threw in the towel and backed away. At least that was what she had gathered so far, but she could after all be biased, well, no, she was—very much so.
Hey,” she said, moving Miles around, so she could place her warm hand against his, she folded it around his fingers and gave it a small squeeze. “I’m not going to lie and say that we all understand, because people are getting on edge with everything that is going on, but you’ll always have me in your corner, don’t forget that, yeah?” she said with a soft smile, lifting the hand and placing it shortly against his cheek, where she brushed her knuckles over the skin. “I know it’s been a little too much for you lately, and I wish you would let me help you more, even if you’re here now, which makes up for it” she chuckled, getting up again, bouncing back and forth with made the small kid giggle with delight.
You liked that did you,” she said in a much softer voice, that kind of voice you would only use when talking with children, as she found the cups and some of her homemade tea. It was hard to deny, now that she was walking around with a child in her arms, how much she wished for one herself. But there had never been anyone in her life where she had felt like making that commitment too. Just because she wanted children, wasn’t equal to the fact that she would get one with just anyone. But standing here with Miles, she wondered if she should just try to make one herself, there was means to do that now, right? Turning her head she pressed her nose against the small head, taking in his scent.
One day. One day she would become a mother. Until then she would take solace in helping the others with their children.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyOns Jul 13, 2022 12:57 am

If Mona had seen right through it, he knew they all had. Still, that half-choked laugh only emphasized just how stressed he must have seemed. He tilted his head as he looked at her, not taking it to heart. In fact, he’d always loved her light-heartedness. Her positive energy had been much needed the past days, and whenever she’d been around, he’d felt that. How the worst of his worries had seemed to lift from his shoulders, and how it seemed like everything was going to be okay because he had people like her in his life.

His gaze followed her as she came over and sat down next to him. She always had a way of saying what he needed to hear, yet he had been reluctant to get close to her in the past. Knowing that he had been to blame for her family falling apart. “I won’t.” Even though he might have wondered what she even saw in him. How she’d been so accepting of his arrival despite her father’s murder, even if it only was natural for werewolf alphas to challenge each other. He wouldn’t forget that she’d still been there for him whenever he needed her.
His lips barely tugged in their corners as she touched his cheek, not quite able to break through the melancholy. “You already do a lot.” She was always willing to take on responsibilities in the pack and take care of everyone. Besides, he wasn’t used to asking for help with his personal problems. To have someone he felt that he could trust with those things. Every time he’d tried to resort to someone when he was young, it always ended up with him being screwed over. And when he finally thought he’d met a person he could give himself fully to, she screwed him over as well. He didn’t know if he dared let his guards down like that with anyone again.
But I was looking for an opportunity to ask you what you think I should do about Alicia.” Not how he was supposed to deal with or even eliminate the threat per say, but more what she thought would be the best decision for the pack as a whole. “I’m still going to bring vampires in to sustain our reputation and ensure they keep off our territory. But I guess I’m just worried about the consequences of hunting her again.” He didn’t so much care what happened to him as he cared about ensuring his pack would survive. In fact, he wished Alicia had just ended his life instead of Nickolas. Because right here was a kid who needed his father, and he felt that he was responsible for taking that away from him.

A more genuine smile spread on his lips as she made Miles giggle, watching her interaction with him for a moment, and it made him wonder why a girl like her was still single. All kinds of guys surely stood in line for her. She had more wife potential than most girls he knew. It wasn’t like him, where the only thing girls seemed to want was the idea of him. Not the commitment. “I think he just really likes you.” For one thing, her calm energy had to be a welcomed change compared to his own.
Mona

Mona

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyMan Jul 18, 2022 2:48 pm

He does, doesn’t he?” she answered his question by talking to Miles instead, blowing up her cheeks and making small squeaking noises that only made the kid laugh in pure bliss. His chubby hands found her cheeks and started clapping them, seeing if he could get the air out, which she did when the kettle announced that it was ready for her to pour the hot water into the cups. Then, finally, she turned and looked at Rafael with a more solemn gaze; she had no idea what they should do about Alicia; of course, she agreed with him that vampires needed to keep off their territory, but it would seem that Alicia had a very keen need to make the lives around her as miserable as she could. She still didn’t understand what she got out of it, what she could possibly gain by tormenting the pack; besides—well, maybe she found the whole idea entertaining. Some people just lived off the sufferings of others.
Mona made the tea ready, struggling for a moment with balancing both Miles and the two cups of tea, but she managed and walked back to Rafael so she could sit down and place the cups on the coffee table. “Here we are,” she said with a soft hum, but instead of taking her cup, she leaned back and moved Miles around so he could sit on her lap; it was also at this moment she realised that she was wearing nothing more than a simple cloth to keep her modesty intact. Well, they were werewolves, and Rafael had seen her naked before, even if it hadn’t been in the same circumstances as right now.
I think we need to come together as a pack and fight this threat together, instead of you trying to take it on yourself” she finally spoke her mind, looking up—the smile had been replaced with an expression filled with worry. “I know you blame yourself, and you would much rather have Alicia have killed you rather than Nickolas, but” she looked down at the small child in her arms that no longer had his biological father around, but that didn’t mean he would grow up missing the presence of a strong father figure. The pack would raise him together with his mother, and even though everyone would wish that Nico was still here, this shouldn’t be something that Rafael should blame himself for, even though she knew that he did. She would have done so in a heartbeat if she could just take his pain away.
We need you to be strong, and this time lean on all of us for support; together, we’ll find a way to make sure this pack will persevere.” besides, she didn't know what she would do if he was suddenly gone. It almost took her breath away by just thinking about it.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptySøn Jul 24, 2022 12:30 am

Rafael leaned forward, about to get up from his seat to help her with the cups of tea when he saw that she managed to balance holding Miles and both cups. Looking much more flawless and natural than he ever would. Doing it while only wearing a towel, no less. His brown eyes lowered to Miles as he was placed in her lap, sending him a gentle smile as he looked up at him with his big blue eyes. But when Mona spoke, he looked back at her. He’d always wanted to deal with Alicia on his own. For the issue to be dealt with between the two of them and to avoid dragging others into it. If anyone was going to get hurt because of his need for revenge, it should be him. But Alicia didn’t share those same views. And whether he wanted it or not, the attack on Nickolas had already dragged his pack into it. Now more than ever.

He looked away from her when she mentioned that she knew he blamed himself, that he believed it was supposed to have been him dying that night. It was most likely not something he’d ever not think, but he had to try to move on from it, knowing that there was nothing he could do to change the past.
You’re right.” He returned his eyes to her, feeling reassured by her words, and he truly appreciated her ability to redirect his focus on what was important. “I guess I’ve just been so caught up in pursuing her on my own, that I forgot how much it affects all of you. That there’s no such thing as keeping you out of it entirely.
Rafael had no doubt that they’d be stronger if they fought her together. It was how they’d fought off similar threats in the past. But for now, the most important thing was to overcome this loss and strengthen the pack from within.

His eyes lowered to Miles with a hint of sadness in them, thinking of the day when they’d have to tell him what happened to his father. That both of their fathers had been killed by the same vampire. And he wanted more than anything to stop that circle of evil. For the sake of werewolves everywhere.  
However, it wasn’t long before his attention was drawn to her attire, and he realized how much of a jerk he’d been for letting her take Miles before she got a chance to get dressed. Too caught up in his own thoughts at the time. It wasn’t like they both weren’t comfortable in their bodies, but sitting this close to her under these circumstances, he couldn’t help but feel differently about it. Already feeling his temperature rise at the thought of the towel accidentally slipping down. “Do you want me to take Milo for a while?” he offered, giving her a chance to change into something else, not specifically hinting at it in case she felt comfortable as it was. But at least he’d feel less of a jerk for giving her the opportunity. “I’m really not that bad,” he said to Miles as he looked at him, appearing as calm as possible. “Just ask aunt Mona.” A vague smile spread on his lips as he lifted his eyes to Mona, hoping that being around her had been enough to cheer Miles up.
Mona

Mona

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace EmptyTirs Jul 26, 2022 6:10 pm

It was one thing to theorise and think that you were correct. But a whole other thing when the theory became real, and the person you had based it on told you that they had indeed wished they had been the one dying. It twisted violently in her stomach, forming knots and weighing her down in a way she hadn’t been expecting. But how could she react any other way when a person whom she cared so much for would want to die? She cleared her throat and directed her gaze toward the beautiful boy sitting on her legs, talking away without anyone being able to understand what he was saying. “I think we all forget from time to time how much people will be affected by what we do and what happens to us”, she hummed, not that she knew a whole lot of loneliness. She had always been rather good at keeping company. That gave her peace. That was how she stayed sane for the most part. And if it wasn’t the friends of flesh and blood, she had the spirits; they were always around her. Even if it could be for better or worse, it was a fine line being in contact with the veil the way she was, but she also knew the risks, which were all something she was willing to take.
Oh?” she looked at him, a little puzzled when he wanted to take Miles for a while. Was she going somewhere? That was when her attention was drawn to her attire; oh, well, yes. She might need to change into something a little more appropriate and drain the bathtub for water. “Yeah, maybe that would be a good idea” she laughed and then turned and looked at Milo, that looked sceptical at Rafael as he told him that he wasn’t that bad; then, as if he had understood, he turned his gaze to Mona that nodded “it’s true, he really isn’t that bad, and I’m sure you’ll be all right for a few minutes while I save a little of what is left of my dignity” Mona laughed before getting up and slowly handing Milo back to Rafael, she stood there for a moment before she was satisfied with the fact that it seemed that Milo would stay calm. She turned and walked into the bathroom, where she had placed the comfort clothes she was supposed to wear when she was done. A soft sigh left her as she saw where she could lie, soaking in hot water filled with lavender. But it would all have to wait; at least she had great company now.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: If you take my hand I'll show you peace   If you take my hand I'll show you peace Empty

If you take my hand I'll show you peace
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» I'll show you mine, if you show me yours - Mark xXx
» Just take my hand - J.C.
» A helping hand - Corentin
» Helping Hand | Davis
» A balanced diet is having a cupcake in each hand

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum