Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Mad World

Go down 
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTirs Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm

After months with no sign, no prayer... not a single lead... the curse had finally been lifted, making it possible for him to trace his son’s whereabouts. Michael had commanded two angels to seek out a house that they believed he’d been inside. They watched the house all day in invisibility, but when Zachary was nowhere to be found, they decided to move forward with plan B. Waiting for one of the residents to stray far enough away from the house so there wouldn’t be any witnesses of their capture. And as opportunity arose, they shot one of the demons with a sleep dart, making it easy for them to transport her to another location.

Whenever she’d wake up. She’d found herself in an abandoned, dilapidated chapel. The stonewalls had deep cracks and the once painted windows were either faded or broken. The only source of light came from the moonlight outside those windows. There were only a few of the original wooden benches left, most of them turned over or moved away from their original position. She was sitting in a wooden chair with her wrists chained to the armrests, located in the middle of a devil’s trap and right in front of the altar. Her abilities were rendered useless until someone broke the trap and surrounded by a holy space like this. He figured she’d answer his questions in no time. An angel was sitting on one of the wooden benches by the wall, waiting patiently for her to wake up. And once she did, he got up from his seat to exit the chapel. Standing guard outside of the door instead. Michael teleported to the chapel moments later, adjusting the cuff of his sleeve as his gaze fell to the demon. “Hello Leta,” he said, hoping that the angels had done right by picking her. The daughter of whoever led their demon business. He hadn’t heard much about her or her family for that matter. But his angels had told him what they’d observed and eavesdropped earlier that day. Michael knew what her big question would be. Why was she here? So he decided to answer that before she got the chance to ask. “I’ve brought you here to ask a few questions,” he said as he walked towards her, stopping at the outline of the trap. He didn’t plan on taking much of her time if she cooperated, although if she stayed quiet, he had no problem keeping her here. “Do you know an angel by the name of Zachary?” he asked, watching her expression through the dim lighting for a sign of recognition.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTirs Jul 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Zachary had left quite abruptly, leaving Leta to wonder if she had done something wrong. Perhaps the fact that she was a demon was enough to make the fallen angel run for his life, but she felt saddened by it. Things hadn't been the same, and yet she felt so angry. Angry that he had just left, not even giving an explanation and she felt bitter thinking of what could've been. That day she had wanted to go for a walk in the woods surrounding her home, but instead she was met with darkness and as she slowly awoke, she felt the clammy sensation around her in the air.
Her eyes adjusted to the darkness rather easily, but the light above made it hard for her to focus completely; That and the fact that a devil's trap was surrounding her. Her demon abilities might've been subdued, but her personal abilities would not be affected as much. A greeting followed by her name made her jolt her head in the direction of the sound. His thoughts were like a whirlwind of information, making her feel lightheaded. She didn't know how to react, except for pulling a bit at the rope that kept her down, but without her demonic strength, she couldn't just tear her way out. He spoke again, and at the mention of Zachary everything fell in to place, making her look down. "You're his father, aren't you?" she simply replied, her tone bitter, but it was only because she didn't want to show how hurt she felt just by hearing his name spoken out loud. "I know of him, but I don't know where he is," she said with a sigh, turning her eyes to look back at the angel. "He left without a word or explanation ... I guess you don't believe me and this is when the torture sets in?" she said, popping her head to the side with a defiance in her eyes.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTirs Jul 07, 2020 7:49 pm

There it was. Recognition and… something else. He hadn’t foreseen that. But it was hard to tell what it was. “Hmm,” he said, wondering if Zachary had told her anything about him, but either way, it was the obvious guess. He looked up from her to the wall as she replied to his question. “How disappointing,” he said, taking a moment to weigh his options. She revealed that he had been there but now wasn’t. So, the question was whether they were behind his abduction in the first place. However, if she was telling the truth and Zachary had left them without an explanation, that meant they’d given him shelter. It sounded completely absurd. If he was truly free, then why hadn’t he contacted his family and why in the world would he have stayed at a house with demons? If his son had ever listened to a word he’d said, he knew that they weren't to be trusted. It was clear to tell the conflict in his eyes as he processed all of this. He returned his eyes to her as she asked him a question, making him smirk. But for all he knew, she could have tortured Zachary. She could have driven him insane, manipulated his mind, or even killed him. “Right,” he said, his tone darker and deeper as he looked into her eyes. He'd have no problem taking that route. But for now, he wanted to give her a chance to answer his questions truthfully. “I want to believe you… I really do… but you have to give me something better than that,” he said, walking halfway around the circle. “Why was he at your house?” he asked. After all, it didn’t make much sense for an angel to be at a house with demons and freely walk away. Unless. “He has fallen, hasn’t he?” he asked with dread in his voice. He’d either fallen or been manipulated so far out of his mind by her and her family for not having sought out any angels. It was the only sane explanation. And now, according to her, Zachary was nowhere near that house. He clenched his jaw as he felt incredibly impatient with his mission of finding the missing angels. Always being so close, only to realize something awful had already happened or that they weren’t at said location that the tracking spell had led him to. But he had Leta. And right now, she was the closest lead in his search for him.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTirs Jul 07, 2020 8:25 pm

The way his voice became deeper didn't scare her, far from it, but it did unnerve her slightly. Truth be told, Leta had had an extensive form of training by her father, but she still did know her weaknesses when facing an angel. Give him something better? Who the in the Hell gave him the right to know everything like that? Demanding things left and right. However he soon seemed to figure out the puzzle, at least somewhat. "Let me share my memory with you ... It will explain everything and if you don't trust me, then have one of your angels ready to strike me dead," she said in a serious voice. She was still rather persuasive, her loyalty powers still active, but Michael did have a strong conviction. "One touch to the forehead, and I'll give you all the information I have," she said, her voice sincere, her eyes almost pleading. If Zachary was in trouble, then she wanted to help him. She only wanted what was best for the angel, even if she was hurt that he had left. She had felt a genuine connection, felt how he moved her heart with his small talk and the way he just seemed to accept her weirdness as it was.
"Come on, you have everything to gain from this ... And I have everything to lose," Leta said, but there was a lot of truth to her words. If she tricked him, she knew that he would have her killed on the spot, and she would have to accept the fate of her never seeing Zachary again.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTirs Jul 07, 2020 10:01 pm

He hadn’t expected her to be able to share her memories, but it was clear to tell that he was pleased to hear this. “Will you look at that,” he said. Admittingly, it would be much easier than a dragged out interrogation where he'd suspect her of lying. And telling him the truth about this only granted her the best outcome. He didn't exactly trust her, however. He couldn't. And yet there was something about her that made him believe that he could. It was strange. “You make a compelling case,” he said, finishing his walk around the trap as he contemplated whether her abilities were about something else entirely. It was hard to succeed with mind control on him, but it wasn’t impossible, and it would certainly give her time to make him break the trap for her. He then turned to face her as she encouraged him once more, making him smile briefly. She knew something. And the possibility of seeing Zachary for himself was intriguing. It was a secure way of knowing the whole truth. “Alright,” he said, taking out a blade with holy symbols etched into it. He then stepped inside of the trap to get closer to her. “But if you try to do anything stupid… I’ll not only kill you but everyone else in that house,” he warned her before he slowly sliced the rope around her left wrist, freeing her left arm. “Go ahead,” he permitted, looking at her face as he kneeled beside her, waiting for her to share this all-explaining memory with him.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyOns Jul 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Leta eyed the blade, swallowing as she nodded at his warning. One thing was her own life, but she couldn't risk her family's lives. He sliced the rope slowly, and with it she felt her arm getting released, tensing her hand in to a fist and releasing just to get the blood pumping out to her fingertips. He kneeled, and she closed her eyes, focusing her memories and reaching forward she touched his forehead gently. Her touch almost caring, but it was only because she had the memories of Zachary roaring in her mind.
She showed him everything, how she had seen him in the woods, taken him in and given him food and clothes. How she had slept close to him, wrapping her arms around him and keeping him safe when he woke from his nightmares. She showed the times they had spent training, making Zachary more in control of his new life as a fallen angel. What she hadn't hoped was to show him how much she cared for him, but it slipped out. He was shown how she would steal glances at him when he was relaxing out in the woods, how she tried to find every excuse to be close to him, and how he made her heart flutter. Pulling her hand away, she looked past the angel. "Now you know ... And even more than I wanted to," she whispered, placing her hand in her lap, signaling she wasn't even fighting back to being restrained. "I care about him, even if he doesn't like me that way, or ever see me like that, I want him to be happy ... But I'm worried ... He left without a word, he didn't even say goodbye, he just left a note and in my anger I wanted to burn it, but I kept it," she said, digging her free hand in to her jean jacket pocket, pulling out a piece of paper before handing it to him.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyOns Jul 08, 2020 7:13 pm

The memories were quite the revelation. Seeing the fallen angel in the woods, going with a demon who had the goodness in her heart to help him. Or so it seemed. Zachary had been desperate and foolishly naive. But he’d lie if he said it didn’t trouble him that he’d do such a thing. Choosing them over his own family. Moreover, he hadn’t expected the feelings that she so clearly harbored for him. Now, that was a plot twist. He stood up when the last memory turned dark, looking down at her as she admitted to letting him see more than she wanted him to. He saw the sincerity in those words. Even if he wouldn’t have believed her under different circumstances. She then proceeded to admit that she cared about him and was worried about his sudden disappearance. That he’d left a note. Michael raised his brow as she pulled it out from her jeans, reaching his hand down to grab the piece of paper before he looked at it. He recognized his son’s handwriting, saying how grateful he was for everything she’d done for him, but that he didn’t want to be a burden to them anymore. He wanted her to let him go. Furthermore, he said something about going to a place where there’d be more people like him. Michael glanced up from the paper as he realized what that meant. A place for fallen angels. For the lost, sad, sorry things that had been banished to Earth. And he could only imagine who'd told him of such a place to begin with. He crushed the note in his fist, burning it with electricity and letting the grey ash fall to the floor. “It’s touching, really… How you saw – God knows what – in my son... took him in, fed him, trained him, cared for him…” he said as he walked away from her. Michael knew better than to believe her generosity came without an ulterior motive. Zachary was powerful and he’d surely prove himself useful for her family. Her getting feelings for him didn’t change that initial motive. He flipped the blade carelessly in his hand before he turned around to face her again. Love was a powerful thing. He’d be foolish for not taking advantage of it. “Now… you have every reason to be worried, I know I am… you see, he sure as Hell didn’t go somewhere safe,” he said, sounding convinced of this. “Perhaps if you hadn’t been so angry about the note, you’d realize that someone put those thoughts into his mind… I will admit, he’s very gullible. It’s a flaw that many angels have… but if anything, that means he needs people like you and me in his life. People who truly care for his safety and happiness,” he said, hoping that she still cared enough for Zachary to realize this. “So, what do you say? Want to help me find him?” he asked. After all, there had obviously been a reason for him not to seek out his family. For him to decide to live with her instead. So if anyone, she could be the key to convincing him to leave.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyTors Jul 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Leta didn't look at the angel as he spoke of her, but she did grit her teeth as he implied that his son didn't have anything of value - at least that was how she understood what he said. She however knew better than to interrupt when an entitled angel was speaking, and just listened as he spoke. "Of course I worry, but sometimes people have to make their own way ... I was not trying to control him, and being at the house he was never a prisoner," she said in a firm voice. She didn't like how condescending he was sounding. Did he find her stupid? Perhaps it was just how he spoke to all that he deemed lesser than himself, it sure as Hell sounded like it. When he said that Zachary needed someone like her and him in his life, she breathed out through her nose, looking up at the angel with defiance in her gaze. Was he trying to spin this into her having pushed him away? That she should've fought harder when she knew more than anyone what longing Zachary had to understand his new identity?
"I'll help find him ... But I won't force him if he wants to stay where he is," she said in a calm voice. "And I will not be treated as lesser than you ... You might be an angel, but that gives you no right to enforce your beliefs on me," she added. It was clear they were going to have their job cut out for them, and that they would inevitably butt heads, but she would do it. If for nothing else, then just to see Zachary once more, look in to his eyes and just feel her heart flutter before giving up on those emotions. "If you can agree to those terms, then I'll help you," she said.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptySøn Jul 12, 2020 6:18 pm

He understood what she was saying, but it didn’t seem like his son to just vanish and leave nothing but a note behind. Then again, it didn't look like Zachary to avoid his family either. He seemed lost more than anything. And that was why he needed to find him. Before he'd be led astray by the malevolent beings of this world.
She didn’t have to convince him of leaving, and in the unlikely scenario of him defying his will. He would have no problem forcing him away. However, he only deemed that necessary if he was in a bad place. He tilted his head as she named her second term, wondering why she demanded this. Demons and angels didn’t view each other as equals. It was just the way things were. But if that was her only demand then he would try his best to grant it. All that mattered to him at the moment was finding Zachary. And he did see something different in her. Something that sincerely wanted what was best for his son. It was the whole reason he'd thought she wanted to aid him to begin with. “I’ll agree to your terms as long as you’ll do what I say,” he said, letting her know that he'd be in charge, regardless of her wish of him to treat her better or whatever. “So, this is how it’s going to be,” he said, gesturing with the hand that he held the blade in. “I'll figure out a way to localize him, and when I do, you'll spy out the place and report back to me,” he started. It would give them an idea of the location, its purpose, and the number of guards. She could probably use her telepathic skills to get additional information as well. “If he’s with Maelle and her fallen angels, it will be too dangerous for me to burst inside… for that reason, I need you to lure him out… do you think you can do that?” he asked, thinking that it should be fairly easy for her. Demons were known for deceiving people, after all. “And if he isn't with them, well then you'd be free to go back to your family, rest assured that Zachary is in good hands,” he said.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptySøn Jul 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Leta swallowed, not liking how the angel were stating his command. Part of her didn't trust him, but on the other hand did she really have another choice? She wanted Zachary safe and happy, but would his father turn out to betray her? The thought of a demon and angel trusting each other was rather absurd on it's own, but this was necessary. "I'll do the necessary work, but I might need help from someone I know ... Would that be alright with you?" she said. Scoping out a complete compound of potential enemies wasn't safe, but she was not stupid enough to do it alone. She needed someone she could trust, but it probably wasn't someone that Michael would approve of. The angel didn't seem willing to trust her completely, especially not seeing as she was still tied up and held captive in the devil's trap.
"And you are not holding me hostage in this, I'm doing this of my free will, and if you do anything to hurt Zachary, you'll have to deal with me," she said, turning her head to the side as she looked the angel up and down. She knew what she felt for Zachary was a once in a lifetime thing, but she was not selfish enough to keep him close. However his father was the last person who was going to decide the fate of the fallen angel. His fate was in his own hands.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyLør Jul 18, 2020 7:59 pm

He was pleased to know that she’d go along with it, and admittingly, her suggestion was more favorable than him putting angels at risk. Besides, working with someone she trusted would ensure that the job got done successfully. “Yes,” he replied, granting her permission to ask whoever, although there weren't many demons who’d willingly help Michael, so perhaps that detail was better left unsaid. He moved his gaze down to her tied hand when she mentioned that he wasn’t going to keep her hostage, smiling briefly as she worded her threat. “Oh, please,” he said, not thinking she stood a chance against him. But he couldn't blame her for thinking that he was the bad guy in this, considering where she was. “Why in Heaven’s name would I do all of this just to hurt him?” he asked, moving his gaze around the old chapel, to the cross still hanging on the wall above the altar. All he wanted was to keep him safe and guide him back to God. If he didn’t care. If he abandoned his own son because of the fallibility in him, it would make him a hypocrite. His father was the only infallible entity, and although angels were the closest beings to God, they were still able to sin. He returned his eyes to Leta. “However… I might need that mentality to deal with the people who have hurt him… now, I'm curious to hear your perspective, so tell me... what would you do if it was up to you? To those demons who tortured him for months?” he asked, interested to know what she deemed to be a fair treatment of them. At least, this was assuming her threat wasn’t only aimed at him.
Then there was the hostage situation. If he let her go, he’d lose his only leverage. But if he didn’t, she wouldn’t willingly help. He inhaled deeply, thinking of what he would do if she opposed him or broke their deal. He then entered the trap and sliced the ropes around her wrist to free her second hand. “But just so you know, we’re in the middle of nowhere England, so unless you're planning on traveling home at night... you might as well stay until we locate him,” he said before he stepped away from her to stand by the edge of the trap. He wasn’t going to keep her there against her will, so if she wanted to travel back, she was more than welcome to. He then made a swift cut with his blade on the floor, breaking the symbol of the trap. He exhaled before he looked at her again, anticipating her reply. Zachary could be anywhere for all they knew, so if she wanted to hear the news first and get to him in time, it’d be easiest if she stayed nearby.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 9:37 am

"I don't know, you tell me," she replied to his words about why he would hurt Zachary. To Leta, there never really seemed to be much rhyme or reason with the angels she met. Mostly she kept to trusting the fallen ones, perhaps because she could see a part of herself in them. But Michael? She didn't know if a daemon could ever trust an archangel, even less so the one that was said to command God's army.
His focus shifted, wanting to know where she stood in regards to punishing those demons who had hurt Zachary. What was she supposed to say? That it wasn't her business to deal with them? That it was up to Zachary to say what he really wanted before she went and took some seemingly heroic fight for him? No, Leta wasn't much of a fighter, she wasn't even a killer. If it hadn't been for her demonic genes, she would've lived a life in peace and quiet, maybe even raising a few kids if she found the right man, but how was she ever going to convince this angel of that. "It is not my place to judge other's for their actions," she stated calmly, looking at the angel in front of her with a defying gaze. Did he think it would be that easy? Manipulate her to be the one to kill them so that the angel could keep his hands free of more blood?
Michael's warning tone didn't seem to scare her much, watching him carefully as he entered the circle, cutting her other hand free. Moving her hand in to a fist a few times just to get the blood pumping, she stood up as the angel left the trap. She was patient, silent and waiting for when he broke the trap, and as he did she felt a rush of strength to her system. "Thank you," she muttered, stepping out of it to stretch her limbs a little. She didn't like this nifty trick of a devil's trap as it seemed so overused and overpowered from the angel's point of view. Had he really been scared of her enough to place her in there, or was it just something he did to all demons he came across? Frankly she didn't like thinking about it. Tapping her jeans she groaned, looking at Michael. "My phone, please - I'll have to inform my father of my safety, or he will bring a whole hoard here," she said, holding out her hand as he undoubtedly had taken it from her.
Michael

Michael

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptySøn Jul 19, 2020 7:24 pm

He understood that she couldn’t trust him, and he didn’t care if she believed that he wouldn’t hurt him. The only thing that mattered was finding Zachary, and he’d do whatever it took to get there. He looked at her with a thoughtful gaze as she replied to his question. He’d expected a different reply. After all, she’d just threatened to deal with him if he hurt Zachary, but at the same time, she wanted to do nothing against those who had tortured him. Either way, it was probably a good thing that she had that point of view. Generally, people shouldn’t judge one another. But from his perspective, it was everyone’s right to judge behaviors and philosophies, truth from error and right from wrong according to the morals that God had created. He believed it wasn't anything but good to help those of immoral behavior to make better decisions for themselves and others in the future.

He looked into her eyes as she thanked him, grateful for her honesty and willingness to help. He had gotten a hacker to search through her phone earlier that day in hopes of finding messages to Zachary. If they had, their search would've come to an end rather quickly and he wouldn't have needed to interrogate Leta. “Of course,” he said, reaching his hand inside his suit jacket to take out her phone before he handed it to her. He didn't exactly trust what she'd tell her father, but he hoped to avoid a hoard of people coming after him. He then walked towards the wooden doors at the end of the chapel. Outside, he turned to one of the angels standing guard. “We’re done here. Tell Obi that Zachary is amongst fallen angels and that he needs to research any groups of that sort in Gaia and Moonlight Falls,” he ordered. The angel gave him an understanding nod before he took a curious glance at Leta. It wasn’t often that he let his hostages leave freely, let alone this quickly. He then looked to the other angel before they both descended into the sky. Besides an old graveyard, the chapel was surrounded by farmland, and there were only a few houses either by the main road or in between the many fields. The nearest town was a couple of kilometers away. “You want a lift into town?” he asked as he turned around on the gravel to face her, reaching his hand out for hers to take, indicating that he'd teleport them there. Michael had stayed at the local inn since he'd arrived, but the town had a small train station as well. If she denied his offer, she was on her own for all he cared, and he’d only contact her if he needed her help regarding Zachary.
Gæst
Gæst

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World EmptyMan Jul 20, 2020 11:30 am

Leta didn't really know how to react. She was in the middle of nowhere, and she could feel angels on all sides, however she also knew she needed to remain calm. The archangel had made his demands very clear, but the demon was starting to wonder if she could truly trust him. Sure, he was the father of Zachary, but he seemed so stern, and she could feel like something was hiding behind that facade of his. But what he was trying to hide, she couldn't tell. The angel left, spewing some orders at his angels and she watched carefully as the angels ascended into the sky. Meanwhile Leta made sure to write his father.
Then Michael spoke to her once more, reaching out to her but she shook her head. "No, I think my ride will be here shortly," she said. Not only had she informed her father of her safety, but also of her location, and if she knew him as well as she did, she knew he was racing here to pick her up. "But I'll expect you'll keep in contact - perhaps next time you don't need to kidnap me and put me in a prison," she said, the last part added with a snarky attitude. The demon did appreciate being held captive like that when she had committed no crime. But maybe the angel saw what she was feeling for Zachary as criminal, and she wouldn't actually blame him. She watched as the angel disappeared, standing for a while just looking up at the sky. What was Zachary doing right now? Was he safe? Breathing out she closed her eyes trying to contain her emotions as she heard the sound of a roaring vehicle in the distance. Things surely would turn out bad if she wasn't careful.

//Out<3//
Sponsoreret inhold

Mad World Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Mad World   Mad World Empty

Mad World
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» its 1 pm somewhere in the world
» The world of VR
» Its a Mad World [cw]
» I want it all... no... I want the world (TW)
» What a fragile world

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: IX :: Andre steder i England-
Gå til: