Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

What have I become?

Go down 
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

What have I become? - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptySøn Maj 24, 2020 9:11 pm

Leta exhaled at Zachary's words, however that discussion they could take later when it was actually time for bed. She walked over sitting down on the edge of her bed, her feet hovering over the floor. His question made her shrug a little, looking down as she thought about it. "Sometimes it's a lot easier to be kind than cruel, but most demons don't know that," she said feeling like she might be spilling more than she needed. "I don't want to be evil, I want to help people, give them a family and a purpose," she said, looking back at Zachary with vulnerable eyes. "Because doing that ... It gives me a purpose," she admitted. Placing a hand beside her on the bed, she clapped it lightly, gesturing for him to sit down beside her.
If he did, she would lay down, pulling him gently down with her, both laying on their backs and looking at the ceiling. "Zachary, I can read every mind I've ever met, I have heard things I shouldn't have, and felt things that no-one should ever feel," she said smiling a bit at the slanted roof above them. "I see potential in people that they don't realize themselves yet," she said, turning over to flip a switch. Purple and blue lights lit up the ceiling, making it look like a whole galaxy above them. "The world is a big place ... And in the end what I do might not matter on a big scale; But if I can just get a few people to realize what they are able to do, it will all be worth it," she said, smiling at the ceiling before turning her head to look at him.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Zachary

Zachary

Humør : Tell me when the light goes out, that even in the dark we will find a way out
Antal indlæg : 99

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptySøn Maj 24, 2020 9:49 pm

He listened to her explain why that was, not understanding how it was easier to be cruel, mostly because it hadn't been something he'd grown up around. “I think that’s a great purpose,” he said, looking at her with a soft gaze before he sat down on the bed next to her. He let her pull him down with her, breathing out as he laid down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling as she continued talking. “And did you… see potential in me?” he asked, turning his head to look at her as she’d said this. He thought it was a beautiful thing, to want to see the best in people, regardless of their actions. He’d never thought of fallen angels to be able to do good, but perhaps that was solely based on the stories he’d read of those who’d fallen. About his uncle, Lucifer, who’d ruled over Hell and demons. “You know, you’re nothing like the demons I’ve read about… If anything, you seem like a good person,” he admitted before he looked back at the ceiling, at the purple and blue lights. A smile appeared on his lips at the beautiful lights, reminding him of a similar view he’d seen in Heaven.  “Will you explain what seeing someone means?” he then asked, referring to what she'd said at the dinner table earlier.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptySøn Maj 24, 2020 10:05 pm

A smile crept up on her face as he asked her if she had seen any potential in him, turning her head to look him in the eyes. "I saw more than potential," she said in almost a whisper. When he spoke about her seeming like a good person, she exhaled softly, turning her gaze back to the ceiling. Being good didn't really matter, at least not for a demon. It wasn't like there was a good place in Hell reserved for them. However saying that out loud wasn't really something she wanted. She liked laying here with Zachary, hearing his calm breathing. Part of her wanted to close her eyes and lay closer to him, just to feel some sort of closeness, but that was too selfish of her. Just because she could practically know everything about him, he didn't know the first thing about her.
His question about seeing someone and referring back to what Ethel had mentioned, made her chuckle a bit. "Well, I guess it's more of a Earth thing than a Heaven thing?" she said, breathing out and looking at the colorful ceiling. The stars above mimicked the night sky outside, and if it wasn't because of the weather that was outside, with the rain still hitting the roof, she would've gone out in to the woods again. "Here on Earth, marriage isn't as important or as holy as it once was intended ... Most people tend to take their time getting to know someone before actually declaring some sort of relationship," she explained. Her hand was laying next to his, her finger reaching out and touching the back of his in a gentle movement. "Seeing someone is a way of describing a relationship that could become more serious - Like my uncle and Ethel, they didn't just get to where they are over night, it took time to build a trustworthy environment and setting before any of them even made a move," she said. Breathing out she turned over, laying on her side as she looked at him. "Some people just want sex or a physical relationship ... Others maybe want a companion ... But taking the time to find out what the person wants is important," she said in a somewhat saddened voice. Her last relationship had ended up a little messy, and they weren't really on speaking terms.
"On Earth, you don't have to be married to love someone, in fact most people just want a boyfriend or girlfriend because marriage has no real value in society anymore," she explained. Looking down she grabbed his hand, placing it over her heart to let him feel it beating steadily behind her chest bone. "People here rely on their emotions, not on rules or scriptures, but on what they can see and feel," she was really hoping he could understand what she was explaining.
Zachary

Zachary

Humør : Tell me when the light goes out, that even in the dark we will find a way out

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyMan Maj 25, 2020 10:00 pm

She was the first person to see something in him that wasn’t based on who he used to be. He knew that his thoughts had been influenced by despair and self-loathe back in the forest, so whatever she’d seen, he was truly grateful for it. He sent her a warm smile before he followed her gaze to the ceiling that beautifully mimicked the night sky. He felt peaceful lying there next to her, listening to her voice and the rain outside. It felt exactly like a home should, warm and safe. Her touch felt like sparks on his skin, and he closed his eyes for a moment to take in the strange feeling. He understood her explanation of ‘seeing’ someone and what it entailed – that it was the beginning stages of a romantic relationship. He turned his head to look at her as she turned to her side, mentioning that people sometimes only wanted a physical relationship. It seemed so far from everything he’d grown up around. “It’s all so different from what I imagined,” he admitted, which of course could be because he still didn’t quite understand what love was, and the things he did know were based vastly on books. “So, sexual immorality is viewed as acceptable?” he asked, knowing how wrong it was according to the Bible.
He let her guide his hand so he could feel her heartbeat, sending her a faint smile as he'd always thought there was something beautiful about the poetry of the heart and its connection to love. “Emotions seem much more profound here in comparison to Heaven,” he said, looking into her eyes before he looked at his hand, moving it up to feel the skin on her neck. “You are allowed to get married as an angel, but most of us don’t because God and Heaven’s purpose far outweighs everything else... or so it feels like,” he said, slowly removing his hand from her neck. He couldn't be sure of how other angels felt, but it hadn't taken him long to realize that emotions worked differently here. “Have you ever been in love?” he asked, wondering what it felt like, to be devoted to another person like that.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyMan Maj 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Chuckling lightly at his question she shrugged, mostly because it was different from person to person."People do things how they want to, some still abide by the old rules, while others are thriving experiencing different things and people every day," she said, hoping that it didn't put others in a bad light. She found it beautiful. How people were slowly finding themselves through another person was truly wondrous. "Besides, I think there's nothing wrong with taking a test drive before buying the car," she chuckled to herself, but perhaps that joke went straight over his head. It didn't matter, as she hoped he understood where she was coming from. Finding someone to spend the rest of ones life with could be complicated. And divorce rates were high in every country except a very few. True love was hard to find, especially with so many people around.
She smiled as he smiled at her, closing her eyes as he moved his hand up to her neck, her pulse beating steadily beneath his fingers. Listening to him she felt a little sad that the angels were too occupied with abiding by God rather than finding their own piece of Heaven, so to speak. He removed his hand from her neck, and it felt almost like a slow burn, making her open her eyes to look at him. "I was once ... But he didn't love me as much as I loved him, so I had to let him go," she whispered, feeling sad to think about it. She had really loved him, felt like they could conquer the world together. But he had been too caught up in his own ambitions and dreams that he couldn't see that her dream was only him. "It's a long time ago, but I want to find someone that loves me as much as I love them ... I want to be someone's soulmate, even if it's just platonic," she said, looking in to his eyes. She wanted to say more, but was there really more to say? Breathing out she leaned her head forward, placing it against his chest and just listening to the sound of the rain outside. "I take it you haven't been in love?" she mumbled. It was cute in a way, but she also felt sad that he hadn't felt that rush of butterflies when someone you liked looked your way. "Or at least not in the way that I know love," she added. Perhaps he had felt love in some different way.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyOns Maj 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Zachary had never been used to the idea of freedom or a life where you didn’t have to abide by the rules of Heaven. For that reason, it seemed foreign to him that people made choices that weren’t based on what he knew to be morally right. He narrowed his eyes at her next choice of words, not understanding how one had to test a relationship before getting married. He believed that it would feel nothing less than perfect regardless because destiny had made it so. Nevertheless, he understood where she was coming from. “I see,” he then said, looking from her to the ceiling again, wondering if he'd ever find the courage to go against the rules he used to abide to.
He turned his head to look at her as she answered him, thinking that it was sad that she felt that way. “I’m sorry,” he said, looking into her eyes with a sympathetic expression. “I may not be the best to give advice when it comes to love, but it sounds like you deserve better than him… to find someone you’d never doubt loving you,” he said, hoping that it made sense to her. He returned his eyes to the ceiling as she placed her head on his chest, making it feel like he was floating and running at the same time. A faint smile appeared on his lips by the feeling when she asked if he’d been in love. “No,” he answered. “There were a few angels who wanted to date me when I was younger, but I rejected them because it’s not what I wanted at the time. My dream was to become one of the greatest angels in history, to live up to my reputation and make my family proud,” he said, scoffing briefly at how stupid that sounded considering where he was now. “But now everything has changed,” he said, exhaling a breath before he looked down at her. “What are the things that you dream of?” he asked.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyOns Maj 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Leta smiled at his way he seemed to apologize for what she had been through. It hadn't been abusive, it had just been a matter of her ex wanting something else in life; And sadly it hadn't involved her. His words made her chuckle, because it had sounded so much like what her family had told her. Well besides her uncle, he had offered himself up to go out and beat the living daylights out of the guy. Leta hadn't approved, and instead she had turned her focus back on her family.
She just laid there, her head on his chest, listening to the calming beats of his heart as she listened to him explain. Heaven seemed like such a strange place. Didn't the messiah preach of love in this paradise? She couldn't be sure, mostly because she had never been able to read the texts herself. It caused pain to her to read, so she had to go by what people told her. Luckily she was able to notice if they lied. "Just because everything has changed, doesn't mean your dream has to; It just has to adabt," she encouraged him. So what if he couldn't be the purest of angels, but this was a chance of trying to be even better than what he set out to be. She could just feel it. Feel that he would accomplish whatever he set his mind to. He looked down at her, making her turn her head, looking up at him with a faint smile on her lips.
"I dream of living safely without fear of someone threatening my family and friends," she said softly, moving her hand up, wrapping it around his torso as she just felt so comforted by having him close. Or maybe it was just what she told herself. "I hope to live long enough to see the world change, more than its seasons of course," she chuckled, looking at him as the lights above them moved in a mesmerizing swirl. She moved up, making them lay face to face, her arm still around him. She was afraid to let go. Something in her told her that she needed to be here for him. "And today I got a new dream; To see you happy," she smiled.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyLør Maj 30, 2020 4:20 pm

She was right about his dream having to adapt, but in his mind, there was nothing great about a fallen angel, and he’d certainly never live up to his family’s reputation, so it seemed easier to tell himself that it'd never happen and that those dreams were foolish at best. “You really think I could do good in this world?” he asked. He’d seen what evil he was capable of, and if he was a good person, then why would God have banished him in the first place? It seemed hopeless for him to dream of anything with what he'd become. He closed his eyes to try and close out his thoughts, trying to focus on the moment instead.
He listened to her as she explained her dream was to live safely. Zachary didn’t feel safe on Earth, and after what had happened to him, he didn’t know if he ever would. He’d always lived with the idea of never being completely safe because of who he was, but he’d never imagined what evil looked like until he'd been tortured by those demons. “Has anyone threatened your family?” he asked as he assumed that was why she'd said it. As she moved the arm around his torso, he felt strangely safe and comforted, making his lips curl into a smile. Zachary hoped that he’d live to see the world change as well. “If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?” he asked as he looked at the colored lights above him. He turned his head to look at her face as she changed her position, moving his arm around her to place his hand on her back. “You’ve already made me very happy, Leta,” he said, looking into her eyes with a gentle smile. He didn’t think he deserved any of it, but for some reason, she thought that he did and he couldn't thank the Heavens enough for that.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyFre Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am

"Of course you are able to do good, and perhaps having a bit of darkness in you will make you more balanced in your choices," she said, shrugging as that was how she saw it at least. Most pure angels she had met wanted to hurt her, or in the least have nothing to do with her. Apparently it was a cardinal sin just to be born a demon. She just laid there for a while before he asked about her safety. She breathed out in a sigh, nodding as she didn't know how wise it was to go in to detail about it. "My father has worked hard in establishing our family, every one of us have very unique abilities, and we often clash if not led correctly, but because we are such a mix-match of people, it is frowned upon," she explained. Her finger was running in circles over his shirt, using it as a way to distract herself a little. "Demons find us repulsive for the work my father is doing, angels disregard us because of the demon and fallen angels among us, and then there's of course the trouble with many of us being outsiders to begin with," she explained. "Ethel is a rogue werewolf, they are often seen as dangerous and wild, but I don't think I've ever met someone that cares so much for my uncle, and then there's Willow - whom you haven't met yet - and she's the sweetest vampire you'll ever meet," she said, breathing out. She knew she couldn't save everyone, of course she couldn't, but if she could make someone feel happy or at home, that was enough for her.
His question made her chuckle, looking in to his eyes with a soft gaze. "I'm going to sound crazy, but I wouldn't change anything that has happened, but I do want to be a change for the future ... I want the world to be more accepting, realize that not all demons are born to be evil, just as not all angels are born to be good," she said. Feeling him slip an arm around her made her heart beat a little faster. Why was that? She knew that she was attracted to him, but she was usually attracted to most new people entering her life. However the words that followed next made her blush, looking down. "I haven't even done anything yet," she argued, but she knew that she had probably done more than any other person he had encountered so far.
She let go of Zachary very gently, sitting up on the bed. "Perhaps you should get some rest," she said, turning her head to smile at him. Moving to her feet she walked over to her closet standing in the corner of her room. She grabbed an oversized t-shirt as well as some pajama shorts. "Do you want something to sleep in?" she asked as she removed her shirt and slipping on the oversized one, then removing her pants to take on her shorts.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyFre Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm

He hadn’t considered the darkness in him to help in any way, especially because he was terrified of losing control again. He still felt incredibly guilty for having hurt innocent souls, and he didn’t understand why he had that kind of darkness in him to begin with. Zachary understood why their family was prone to receive threats, and how they didn’t fit in, but since he wanted to be a part of their group, he wanted to know if those threats were from anyone specific. He hadn’t heard stories of sweet vampires, only that they were dead creatures and that they didn’t belong on Earth amongst the living, but he already had the feeling that Willow was going to change his mind about that. “Family is there for each other, so if you ever get any threats, I’ll stand by you,” he said, smiling faintly as he looked at her. It felt like the least he could do after they’ve given him a place to stay.

He liked the idea of demons being able to do good, and that it was up to the individual to do good things, despite of who they were. He wanted his family and other angels to forgive him for the things he’d done, but he also feared that they’d disown him, so it was only natural that he wished for a world where he wouldn't have to fear that. He hoped for a world where evil and good wasn't as black and white as his family portrayed it to be. “I understand,” he said, sending her a gentle smile as he genuinely thought the world would be a much better place without all the hate, and that it oftentimes was based on ignorance, although he also understood that it was easier said than done to get past centuries of hostility.
She was wrong for thinking she hadn't done anything, and she was very humble for thinking so. “You’ve done more than I could’ve ever hoped for… you saw me for me and you’ve made me realize that no matter what there’s always hope for a better future,” he said, gently caressing her back as he felt like he belonged right here next to her. He still doubted what his future held for him, and if he was meant to become dark side, but at least she’d spiked some sort of hope in him that he hadn't had in a long time. “Yeah, I probably should,” he agreed, but as she walked away from the bed he felt empty again, not understanding how her touch was able to make him feel like it had. He got up from the bed as well, looking away from her back as he realized she was taking off her shirt. “No, it’s okay,” he answered, feeling his heart rate increased by the thought of her undressing near him, so he walked over to the dresser to look at the items on top of it. It was still strange to think he was safe enough to go to sleep, but his trust in Leta made him less anxious about it. He then turned around to look at her again. “Where is the guest mattress?” he asked. He would easily sleep on the floor as well, but a mattress seemed too good to pass out on after months of sleeping on concrete.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyMan Jun 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Leta might've not had the hearing of a vampire, but she could hear Zachary's heart increase. Was he unsettled again? He seemed so calm when they had been laying on the bed together. When he asked for the guest mattress she shook her head, walking over to stand beside him, looking at the trinkets on her dresser. "You can sleep on my bed if you want? There's space enough for the two of us," she argued, knowing that it had made him feel safe. Leaning her head against his arm she pointed at a frame of her father and a dark haired woman. Her features were just as delicate as Leta's. "That's how my mom looked when she was alive, they say I look like her, but I don't really see it," she chuckled, and it was clear she wasn't saddened by speaking about her. She had had a lot of years to come to turn with that grief and that guilt. She knew that people didn't hate her for her mother's death, and that was the important thing. "Do you have pictures in Heaven? Like ways to show memories to others without explaining things in detail?" she asked, looking up at him with curious eyes. Was Heaven still as the stories she had heard or had it evolved? Or was it perhaps out of her reach of understanding a place like that? "Anyways, come on, I don't bite," she promised, taking his hand and guiding him to the bed. She let go of his hand, crawling under the duvet as she made a small sigh. Her mind was tired from everything today, but it was usually how things were when you not only had to deal with your own thoughts, but also other's. She looked at him, smiling if he got under the duvet as well, and moving closer to him. Placing her arm around him so that he would get that safe feeling back. "As long as I'm here, no-one will hurt you again, I promise," she whispered softly.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyTirs Jun 09, 2020 8:54 pm

He looked to her side as she suggested for him to sleep on her bed, thinking that it was wrong of him to do so. She’d done so much for him, and he didn’t think he deserved that after the things he’d done, and knowing the rules of Heaven, it confused him more than anything that she thought he did. “Only if you're sure,” he said. He hadn't slept in a real bed in months, so nothing inside of him wanted to decline her offer. His heart skipped a beat as she leaned her head against his arm before he turned his head to look at the picture frames. He didn't know why she made him feel that way, but his emotions told him that it was purely good. “She’s beautiful,” he said, smiling faintly as he looked at the picture of her family. Then she asked if they had pictures of Heaven. “No,” he replied. He had seen photographs before, from angels showcasing what Earth looked like, but they didn’t own cameras in Heaven and he'd never actually thought about keeping memories like that. “We only have a painting of our family, but I don't have anything other than my memories to remind myself of them,” he added. He looked at her as she said she didn’t bite, sending her a brief smile as he couldn’t imagine her doing that to him to begin with. He followed her to the bed, laying down under the covers with her. He turned his head to her as she said no one would hurt him while she was there, and he instantly believed it. That together, nothing could harm any of them like it had in the past. “Thank you for everything, Leta,” he said, placing his hand on hers. He’d never been this close to anyone before, but it made him feel incredibly calm and content. He closed his eyes, feeling how exhausted he was since he hadn't gotten more than one or two hours of sleep the past nights. “Goodnight,” he whispered.

The next morning, the night terrors kicked in and he saw everything that had happened to him in the cage. How they'd ripped him apart piece by piece until the whole room was covered in blood. He had barely healed himself when one of the demons stabbed him through his heart. Zachary woke up with a pounding heart, immediately sitting up in the bed. He breathed heavily as he looked around the room to see if there were any threats around him. He then moved his gaze to Leta next to him, taking a deep breath in as he realized it'd been a nightmare and that he was in a safe place now.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyTirs Jun 09, 2020 9:43 pm

It had been a long day to begin with, and now laying here, she just felt happy to help him get some rest. However Leta couldn't help but feel a little guilty for actually enjoying that she was able to be this close to him. There was just something about him, something that made her inner being wonder what life could be if he decided to stay.
Her dreams were as always vivid, but it was one of those times where her mind seemed to relax. Where her ability didn't seem too strong, and instead were overpowered by her own thoughts and emotions. However as she felt something move on the bed, she opened her eyes slowly, blinking lazily as she wasn't sure if she was fully awake yet. "What's wrong?" she mumbled in a tired voice, her hand reaching out and touching his, however just as she did she read his mind. Her eyes widening as she sat up, wrapping her arms tightly around him, not caring that her hair was a mess. "It's alright ... Everything is alright," she whispered softly in to his ear, mostly just to calm him down and make him know that he wasn't alone anymore. Leaning away as he had calmed down, she leaned away to look at him. "Better?" she asked softly before there was a loud knock on the door. "You better be dressed and in a non-compromising position before I enter!" Ethel yelled through the door, making Leta breath out in a sigh. She let go of Zachary, not that she really wanted to, but she knew better than to show herself this vulnerable in front of the werewolf.
Ethel entered the room, looking at Leta as she got out of bed, walking over to her dresser. The werewolf clicked her tongue looking from the demon to the angel, a frown between her brows as her mind was clearly imagining a scenario. "Your father isn't home, but it doesn't exclude you from your chores," Ethel reprimanded the demon. Leta exhaled in a small grunt tossing a shirt towards the werewolf. "Don't give me that attitude; And bring your boyfriend with you!" Ethel reprimanded her before exiting again. Leta couldn't help but stop when the werewolf teased her like that, shaking her head as she grabbed some clothes to go change.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyTirs Jun 09, 2020 10:48 pm

His throat tightened when she asked him what was wrong, making it impossible for him to utter a word and what could he possibly say? As much as the horrific, gut-wrenching images haunted his mind, it was hard to explain the feelings that followed. The anxiety and despair he’d felt the moment those demons locked him up or the misery and abandonment that stayed with him for the rest of the time. He stopped breathing for a moment as she wrapped her arms around him as he hadn't been used to that reaction for a long time. He squeezed her hand tightly and closed his eyes to try and shut out his memories. He wanted to believe that it was alright, but nothing except for her made it seem that way. He slowed his breathing as she kept holding on to him, opening his eyes again as he tried to tell himself that it was indeed alright, and that they weren’t going to come looking for him. “Better,” he replied, looking at her as she leaned away from him, not understanding her ability to make him feel better. “How do you do that?” he asked, knowing that she probably couldn't give him an answer but he couldn't remember the last time anyone had made him feel that way.
He looked towards the door when someone knocked on it before Ethel entered the room. He narrowed his eyes as she’d called him her boyfriend, moving his gaze to Leta to see if it’d been meant as a joke. It seemed that way since she shook her head and went over to change her outfit. Zachary got out of bed and ran a hair through his hair to remove a lock from his forehead before he walked towards the dresser to look at himself in the mirror. “What chores is she talking about?” he asked as he looked back at Leta, curious to know more about her life.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyOns Jun 10, 2020 11:36 am

She frowned as he asked how she managed to calm him, because to her knowledge, she hadn't used any of her abilities. However she wanted to answer him, but she didn't know what to say. Feeling stuck in the moment she just looked at him, speechless before the door knocked and drove her out of her own mind and to her feet. Ethel left and Leta felt herself conflicted. The werewolf knew of her track record, she knew of everything it seemed, but the demon was determined to not take advantage of Zachary. The angel asked her a question, and her facial expression seemed to soften up. "Chores around here are everything from cleaning the house to working out ... Ethel usually leads the physical training, it's to keep us on our toes and ready to protect ourselves," she explained. She turned to look at him, chuckling a bit as she took one of his strands of hair away from his forehead. Why did she have to be like this? Why couldn't she just be normal and ignore the fact that she knew everything about him, and liked every inch of it? Leta closed her eyes, breathing out as she felt at a loss. "I need to stop," she whispered to herself. She was easy to fall in love, and she knew it would seem absurd to Zachary. She moved her hand to cup his cheek, smiling at him before she headed downstairs.
Outside in the garden Ethel had gathered some of the other members that were home, most of them seemed drowsy from being up late and now having to be here for a workout. Out to the side stood a guy, shaking a little as the morning dew in the grass were caressing his legs. He looked sick, but perhaps it was just his bad sleep schedule. His eyes found Zachary, and it was clear the guy seemed to recognize him, but he looked away quickly, focussing on the ground. Leta greeted the others, introducing Zachary to those that were not informed. She dragged him over to the guy, his eyes flickering as he was afraid to look the angel in the eyes. "This is Matty," Leta introduced him. "He's-" - "A fallen angel," he finished, blinking a few times. Leta nodded, looking at Zachary. "When we found him, some pure angels were after him and well ..." she said, trailing off as she looked at Matty. "I knew your father ... He was kind, well, until I fell," he mumbled, shrugging as he finally turned to look at Zachary. That was when they could see one of his eyes were glazed over with a white haze, clearly blind on that eye. Leta sighed, not really knowing how to feel about this.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyOns Jun 10, 2020 7:17 pm

He nodded when she explained what the chores entailed. He’d been used a tight schedule his whole life, and he'd trained to fight at an early age. However, he didn’t understand why violence was a necessary means of achieving anything, or why God hadn't prevented the angels from creating wars. It was yet another question he wanted to ask his grandfather, but after his experiences on Earth, he had the feeling that it would go unanswered.
Zachary followed Leta outside, greeting the family members he hadn’t seen. “Hi,” he said, looking at the fallen angel Leta had introduced him to, but it was clear to tell that he was afraid of him. He looked from Matty to Leta as she said some pure angels were after him, wondering what he’d done for them to chase him, and he realized that perhaps that was why he seemed scared. It was likely that they were still looking for him. He looked back at the angel as he mentioned knowing his father, stating that he was kind up until his fall, and he felt his stomach churn at this. He knew that his father had banished many angels from Heaven, and he’d never once questioned why, but after it had happened to himself, he'd started to doubt everything he'd once known. He exhaled sharply, looking at his eye with a saddened expression. “I’m sorry,” he said, knowing how persistent angels could be when they considered themselves to be on a mission from God. “Was my father one of the angels that were after you?” he asked, somewhere hoping that he wasn’t. He was anxious enough about what his family would think of him, and he was terrified of his father disowning him. That’s why it had been easier to avoid his family altogether. “How did you fall?” he asked, hoping that he was willing to share the story with him since he was a fallen angel as well.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyMan Jun 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Matty shook his head at Zachary's apology, flashing a nervous smile. "You weren't the one chasing me," he said, but it didn't mean that being around other angels made him feel safe. The bond that had used to be between him and his millions of siblings were torn to pieces, and all he had left now was himself and this family he had found with Leta and the others. The angel scoffed at his words, however nodding to confirm that his father had been a part of it. "He wanted me to stand trial, however his army is rather restless these days, so I was put up and released for them to chase for sports," Matty explained in a timid voice. He couldn't know how close Zachary really was with his father, and to be honest, he was a little too scared to ask. His body trembled once more as the newcomer asked about his fall, swallowing at the memories. It made Leta frown, closing her eyes as she could see the scene play out in Matty's head. It wasn't intentional, but when emotions were this strong, she had a hard time ignoring those loud thoughts.
"I wanted justice for my sister ... She had gone on a mission and those with her had not kept her safe," - "When she returned, there was something broken about her, and in the end she killed herself; So I asked for her companions to stand trial, but the archangels would not hear of it and discarded my case," Matty explained, taking a deep breath as his eyes watered. "I know what I did wasn't fair, but neither was what they had done to my sister; Turned out they had offered her up to some vampires for them to feast on her instead of them, and the constant fear of returning to that place was what drove her mad," he said shaking his head as he thought of every thing. Matty turned his eyes towards Zachary, his graced one moving more lazily than the other. "I killed her companions ... And my fall was my own choice ... I just wish instead of blinding me, they would've ended me," he ended up concluding with a pondering expression.
Leta still stood by Zachary, not wanting to stray from his side as Matty told his story. "Then it's a good thing we found you," Leta said in a more optimistic voice, clearly influencing the angel's mood, nodding and agreeing with the demon. "And you are getting stronger; Soon you might be strong enough to go to the graveyard by yourself," she encouraged the angel, making him nod. "Yeah, it's not really the same speaking to my sister's grave with other people around," he agreed.
Zachary

Zachary

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 EmptyTirs Jun 16, 2020 6:13 pm

He felt sad knowing that the soldiers had chased him, that they couldn’t just have let him be after his fall. But the thing that made him feel worse about it was that he’d done the same thing. He would have followed his father’s orders, believing that the angel in front of him had it coming. The story about his sister stirred something in him. An anger towards injustice. How could those angels have done that to his sister and gotten away with it? Even if they were higher-ranking angels, it didn’t look like his father to spare them from punishment. But Zachary didn’t know the full story. He didn’t know what had happened at that time or who it was that made the final decision. He liked to believe that there was order in Heaven, that there was a meaning behind every action, but looking at Matty, he felt strangely distanced from that belief. “My condolences for your loss, may God give her soul eternal peace,” he said, knowing how it felt to lose a sibling. He exhaled when he said he wished they’d ended him. He could relate to that feeling, not seeing what good living would do when he’d lost everything. And unlike him, he hadn't chosen to become fallen. He wished more than anything that he could take it all back. “Sometimes our punishment is to live with the remorse,” he said, looking at Matty with a sympathetic expression. He couldn’t possibly know what he’d been through, but he felt slightly comforted by the fact that they were here together. He turned his eyes to Leta as she spoke. She had a way of making people around her feel better despite their situation. He admired that about her. He wanted to heal Matty, make him recover completely, and regain his vision, but right now, he was afraid to use any of his abilities on others. Afraid to lose control again. “Do you often have to resort to violence in the work you do?” he asked. She'd said they trained to protect themselves, but with her father not sharing much about their operation, he wanted to know more about their tasks.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: What have I become?   What have I become? - Page 2 Empty

What have I become?
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 2Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VII :: Skoven-
Gå til: