Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

What a way to make a living

Go down 
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

What a way to make a living - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:13 am

He followed her inside and places himself by her side, as she ordered, though as she pulled out her wallet and then paid for the food, he raised an eyebrow. Not because she wasn't allowed to pay, if she wanted to pay then he'd just pay for the next thing, he had just been surprised since most people wanted him to pay. But of course, most people also knew who he was and there y also how much money he had.
He followed her outside, and to the park, as the pizza was done, and she had taken it. Hed almost laughed, just by the sight of the tiny Eudora carrying the almost gigantic pizza. He would leg his blue eyes admire her every once in a while "well I would gladly be your friend, I don't have that many either" he said with a shrug. He gracefully sat down as she did, and took a piece after she told him to "so tell me something more about yourself friend" he had a smile on his face, as he said it.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am

Eudora found herself getting more happy as he said that they could be friends. In a way, it felt almost like a throwback to her school years, except she hadn't really been one with many friends back then either. Sitting down with him felt nice and casual. She didn't feel like she had to worry about her posture, or how she was perceived, because he seemed so confident in himself. "I grew up in Illien, only child so I had a lot of imaginary friends," she chuckled, taking another bite of the pizza as she thought of what more to say. "I was never really the best at anything, always going through school being average, so there's not really anything special about me," she said, looking down at the pizza, removing a piece of topping to pop it in her mouth. Chewing on it she hummed again. "I like dancing, but I'm not that good at it, and I like nature - I actually wanted to work as a florist when I was a kid," she said, smiling a bit as she looked at Alex.
"I don't know, I don't really think there's that much more to me," she said. She had lived in the same place in the same house her whole life until she had moved to Gaia. Her family didn't have some strange relation, and she was pretty much just a standard citizen in her own eyes. "What about you, Aleks, I guess someone like you have experienced more than I will in my lifetime," she chuckled.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:30 am

He smiled and chuckled as she did, it was quite like his own childhood, having grown up without siblings and being mostly by himself, and he would often watch the guards and imagine how their normal life would be "I think there's something special about, after all, everyone has something special about them, e en they themself don't actually see it" he shrugged and smiled kindly at her. He may not know what it would be now, but he was sure she was special in her own right "if you like flowers, then I must show you the royal garden it's most beautiful during the night hours" it had been his favorite place as a child and some of the servants, most specifically his nannies often had to chase him around the garden.
He raised an eyebrow "I think there's more to you, but I let you go this time" there was something teasingly about his voice, but he was also sure she was more complex than what she gave herself credit for being. But then again, almost everyone didn't think anything special about themself. He chuckled "well I have lived a very long life, but it's subjective what experience is" he reminded her with a smile.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:40 am

One thing she was sure about Alex, and that was the fact that she liked hearing him talk. There was something so comforting about his voice, and hearing how he valued others hit her heartstrings, making her eyes soften up. Even though he said there was something special about everyone, she couldn't know what made her unique. She had boring brown hair, brown eyes and just a decent face, she would never be a model or some superstar, but she didn't need that in her life. It wasn't something she achieved to be. As he mentioned the royal garden her face lit up, because that was for some reason one of the places she had been looking forward to see the most. However it wasn't really a place for a servant and she had never been the one to snoop around. The risk of getting caught wasn't something she wanted looming over her head. "I would love to," she said softly, taking another bite of her pizza.
His teasing voice made her giggle a little, mostly because he seemed so persistent. "If I had the chance I would travel the world, I think I'd go almost anywhere as long as I had the time and money," she said, contemplating what her life would be like a hundred years from now. Then her smile turned to a frown, mostly because she thought of her family. They were mortal, they would die while she would get to live on forever. "Or maybe it would be better for me to just stay here, enjoy the time I have," she said. She felt selfish for even dreaming about seeing the world when every day she could be spending with her loved ones. "Does ... Does immortality get easier?" she asked.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 1:17 pm

His features almost softened as she herself lot up, it had almost been like he'd given her a present, which meant she may be able to live the garden as much as her himself did "well how about I just find you after work the day after tomorrow?" he suggested with a smile on his lips, one which seemed to grow as he spends more and more time with her. It was strange, because he was usually not one to get friends, and had they maybe met last year, then he would have most diffidently tried to flirt with her, but heartbreak on heartbreak just made him give up. Therefore as he seemed to enjoy talking with her, he would rather be her friend then.
"I love traveling, and whenever I can, ill just get as far away from everything as I can" he had always loved traveling, and was even known for having large parties on his yacht, in which they would travel through countries. His brows frowned, as she suddenly seemed to get sad "everyone is allowed to have dreams, I mean its what defines us and All of humanity, the drive, and pursuit of dreams. So don't hold yourself back, because you feel as if you're not allowed to follow through with your dreams, after all, they Are yours and not someone else" maybe it had been a long life, that tended to make him almost philosophical, but he wanted to believe the best in people and wanted to do what he could to make the world better "yes and no, it still hurts when you lose someone, but you learn to cope with it and in a sense, if you keep someone in your heart, then they're never really completely gone and in the end, everything has to die, some just take longer to get there" he shrugged. He had lived for over 3.000 years and death has never really been easy, but he had learned to cope with it and make his peace with death, which would hit everyone in the end.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 1:25 pm

There he went again, speaking of such great intentions, like holding on to ones dreams and hopes, despite what the future could bring. As he told about how it became easier to manage, she simply nodded, placing the crust of her pizza on the empty piece of cardboard. "I don't know, sometimes I think what it would be like to grow old ... I mean, getting grey hairs and sitting on the porch while your grandkids run around on the lawn," she said. Perhaps she was taking her immortality for granted, but there was something beautiful, yet sad, about mortality. Life had an end, she knew that, but if no one came along and directly hurt her, she could live forever. "I mean ... Forever is a long time to be alone," she said, frowning at her own words. She shook her head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the mood," she said, chuckling a little nervously. But truth be told, she had never thought of herself ever getting married or even having kids. It just seemed like forever was a cruel punishment for the average girl she was.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 1:35 pm

He nodded, as he understood what she meant "I understand, sometimes I wonder how my life would have been if I had been born a mortal, how life would have more meaning, because it is so fleeting and how every moment really matters because it won't last forever. But in the end, there are good and bad things about everything and all that matters is how you decide you want to live your life" he said with a kind and gentle smile. Though he did completely understand how she felt "darling you do not have to apologize for how you feel, it's your feelings and if you feel safe enough to share them, I feel honored og that you do, but there is no need to feel sorry because you spoke your mind" he laid a hand ever so softly on hers, and with his thumb, he caressed the top of her hand gently "you are you, with all your hopes and dreams, emotions, thoughts, and needs, and that's good enough" as he said it, he gave her hand a squeeze before letting go.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 5:47 pm

She felt speechless, looking at the hand he had placed over hers, how he caressed it even though they were still strangers to each other. Sometimes she wished she had that big of a heart, but she didn't believe she did. "Aleks, I've always been the odd one out, and not in a good way," she said looking at her hand after he had let go. She could talk about emotions, but it was hard putting words to what she was truly feeling. "I don't think I'll ever feel good enough, that I'll ever be worthy of someone's love or affection," she confessed. Shaking her head she started fiddling with her fingers once more. "The last relationship I had ... I finally felt happy, but now that it's over I feel like there's a void inside of me ... Like I'm faking being happy, when all I really want to do is hide," she said. Was she being too open? Perhaps, but she finally had someone to speak to.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 6:01 pm

As she started talking about how she felt, feeling like being someone who stood out in the wrong way, and how she felt like she deserves to be loved, and how she felt hollow inside "I'm sorry you feel this way, but I do understand. I tend to love too much, and it always hurt when you lose that love. I had a short relationship and he ended up dying and now I've given up in love. So I do understand what you mean, with this hollow feeling inside" after having loved and lost over and over again this last year, he just felt like he couldn't do it anymore "but in the end, one has to find beauty other places. You don't need to have a significant other in your life, you can get live through friends and other things like this. I mean as Cher says, A man or for that matter woman is not a necessity, it's a luxury"
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Eudora didn't really know what to say or do, so she simply looked at him with a softness to her eyes. Vulnerable and raw, and she felt every word he had said. "I'm sorry for your loss," she said in a soft whisper. At least her relationship hadn't ended because of a death, it had been more of a matter of her needing to sort herself out. Learn why she was as she was, but she was still trying to search for that answer. He spoke about finding happiness in other things, and she hoped that she would come to do that one day, but she looked down once more. His comment about men being luxuries made her chuckle a little, shaking her head as it felt silly. "I don't know ... Where I come from you get married, you settle down and you have kids - Preferably in that order," she sighed. She knew that the world had changed a lot during the years she had been alive, but she could still feel that expectation from her parents.
"I'm not actively looking for love ... But it would be nice to just have someone to talk to," she said, chuckling a bit to herself as she looked back at Alex. "I guess I'm not as fun to be around as you might've hoped," she said in an apologetic tone, but she kept a smile on her lips despite it. She knew she was offloading a lot of things on to him, but he seemed to handle it pretty well. Looking out at the park once more she smiled. "I miss her ... I see her in everyone I pass, and it's like every time I close my eyes, I can still hear her saying that she loved me," she said, her eyes turning a little sad, but the smile was on her lips. "She doesn't understand why I had to break it off - I'm not even sure if it's even worth it at this point, because I've made no progress at all in what I wanted to accomplish," she said, closing her eyes and listening to the sounds around her.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living - Page 2 Empty

What a way to make a living
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 2Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2
 Lignende emner
-
» And here you are living despite it all
» Living for the day. Worries far away
» Living the high life (Yulia)
» There is a hell. I know now, for I am living it part 2 - Luca (xXx)
» There is a hell. I know now, for I am living it. - Azrael (fremtids emne)

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Kongehuset-
Gå til: