Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

What a way to make a living

Go down 
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

What a way to make a living Empty
IndlægEmne: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyMan Apr 20, 2020 7:38 pm

Topic is dedicated to @Alexander

What a way to make a living 9228a1c54e28ed1d934443fbcd5f6df1286cc689

It was just about nine in the morning, and Eudora finally felt like she was getting stuff right. She was finally folding the laundry like the other servants, she was holding her posture nice when walking around. The only thing she wouldn't get used to was having her hair tied back with two braids following her scalp tightly. She knew it was to keep the hair away from her face when she worked, but it felt a little hard on her scalp. Wearing the standard uniform, she looked outside the window, the sun was slowly heating up the garden. This was so different from the life she had known in Illien, but it had been a nice change of pace. She had been working at the palace now for about a week, getting settled in in one of the servant quarters until she had enough money to rent out an apartment in town. Heading in to one of the rooms, she could hear the sound of water running in the bathroom, smiling to herself as she made a mental note to hurry up and give the person residing here some privacy. Going over to the windows, she opened them up, letting in the fresh air of the day, making her smile as she took a deep breath. It smelled like spring outside, but the view from the window got her distracted, so much in fact, that she didn't hear the water turn off in the bathroom.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyMan Apr 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Clothing
- Clothes + Shoes: He's naked. He has no shoes on
- Hair + Beard: Short styled hair. He has stubbles
- Accent: Britsh (Almost posh)
- Other things: He's 2,03 meters tall. He's wearing a daylight ring

As the days got closer to his coronation, he felt himself getting more nervous, he hadn't actually thought his father had been serious when hed said Alex was to be king. He'd always known it was going to happen someday, but now when it was this close, it almost felt unreal. Though as he stood under the warm water, he removed all thoughts of future events and he let himself relax completely. Being under the stream of warm water, he hadn't heard that someone came into his room, so as he got out of the shower and dries off the water from his body, he simply just walked out of the bathroom, nor really thinking that he was naked and someone was in his sleeping quarters. Though as soon as he noticed her, he froze for a moment, before he quickly took the nearest object and covered up himself, though it did not really do much.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyMan Apr 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Eudora was lost in her thoughts. She could see the harbor from up here! It was amazing, and the thought of waking up to such a sight each day must really be an amazing life. However, just as she was getting comfortable, she noticed the silence of the water, making her stop dead in her tracks as she turned around just as he stepped in to the room. Covering her eyes with her hand, she felt her cheeks grow bright red. "I am so sorry, sir!" she exclaimed, almost falling back. She hadn't even noticed who's room she was in, letting her free hand rest against the window so she wouldn't fall. "I ... I didn't hear that you were finished - the towels are on the chair by the dresser," she said, hoping that he would grab it and put it on. Stumbling forward, she was trying to remember the layout of the room to get out of it. However all she did was walk right in to him, knocking the lamp in his hand down on the floor. Her cheeks got even more red. Flustered, she stuttered something incoherent about her being worthless.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyMan Apr 20, 2020 8:19 pm

For someone extremely comfortable with his own body and his appearance, he would blush had he been able to. This wasn't exactly the best view for the help, or servants the castle had, being walked in on by the naked future king "it is I Who is apologizing, I should have locked the door" though one good thing seemed to be clear, I'm the fact this young girl didn't just take a picture of his naked body but rather covered up her eyes. As she told him were the towels where he dropped the object in hand and quickly covered himself up better by wrapping the towel around his waist. Now being moderately covered up, he put his attention towards the young girl "you're not worthless" he said as an answer to her mumbling. He found himself walking towards her and stopped up as he reached her "I do apologize for you seeing me in this state"
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyMan Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm

She knew what was going to happen next. The work that her cousin had worked so hard on getting for her was out the window, she wouldn't be able to recover from this. She didn't know who he was, but she was sure he was more than powerful enough to fire her on the spot. She felt her shoulders shake a little, wanting to cry, but it felt like that wouldn't even matter. His whisper was soft, a comforting voice that seemed to make her snap out of her crying. She could hear him move away, but she didn't dare move at all, still holding a hand over her eyes, because she was too afraid to look the man in the eyes. Truth be told, Eudora had no idea what to do now. Was he going to fire her now, or later? Or was he going to say nothing, let her stand there in her own shame and sorrow for a while? Hearing him come closer, her body tensed, as if she was a hurt animal, preparing to get struck down. His voice, once again, was so soothing - And the most surprising part to her was that he was the one to apologize. "Please don't fire me," she whispered, too scared to even say it any louder. She didn't even know if it was safe for her to open her eyes.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 5:18 am

Though not being in her place, he could imagine how it must have been. She worked for some pretty powerful people, Who could as easily as nothing just fire her. But he didnt want to be one of those people, if he were to be king.. Then he would want to be a good one. He could sense how her shoulders shoke, even if it was just a tiny bit, and for a moment he had the urge to assure her nothing was going to happen, and that she was safe "Im not going to fire you, not for something that was My mistake" for a second he hold out his hand, almost as if he wishes to comfort her, lay his hand on her shoulder and tell her nothing seere to happen, but he didnt and as soon as he lifted his arm, he let it fall right back down and he took a step back.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 10:12 am

Swallowing, she could hear with her great hearing how he moved around. She could even sense how he had tried to reach out, but ultimately he must've regretted, as she didn't feel his touch. "Thank You so much sir, I promise You it will never happen again," she said softly, opening her eyes to look at the stranger in front of her. He looked familiar, but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. She knew this castle was overrunning with royals and aristocrats that were arriving slowly but surely for the upcoming coronation. Had she seen him in a magazine before? She couldn't tell, but her eyes looked at him with curiosity in her golden specs. "Once again ... I am so terribly sorry," she whispered, feeling herself breathless all of a sudden. She knew she should've left right away, but she was as if frozen in place. She moved her eyes, looking down as she frowned at herself for even standing there and daydreaming once again. There was just something about those eyes of his that she couldn't put a finger on. "Is there anything You need? Tea? Some fresh linen for Your bed?" she asked. Eudora was fairly new at this, and she wasn't quite sure of the customs. She even had an accent, her Illien roots showing a little heavily when she tried to speak properly.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 10:45 am

[justify]As she finally opened her eyes, he was met by a dark gaze, which almost appeared golden in the sunlight, and would he allow himself this, he could almost admire them, as they fit her frame well... Actually, all her features seemed as if cut out of marbles "it's okay, it can happen and I should have locked the door" he tried reassuring her that nothing bad was going to happen, he wasn't mad and she wasn't going to get fired. It was a simple mistake, where he was mostly to blame for it all. A gentle smile appeared on his lips, and for a moment he thought of how cute she was, nervous and for a few seconds almost looking like she was caught in a daydream "I don't think tea, but I would love a glass of wine, red, please... Of course only if you have time, I don't want to take away time from your work" once again the kind smile was on his lips, as his gaze met with hers.[justify]
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 11:03 am

Red wine? She was a bit baffled, but she guessed she could make it happen. "It's no problem at all, sir, I'll fetch it right away," she said. She still had some tasks to do, but most of it was laundry, so she could simply put it in and return with the wine for him. She excused herself, running down the hallway and down the stairs. She was huffing a bit as she reached the kitchen, Anthony - her cousin - staring at her as he knew she wasn't supposed to be down here by now. "What's a good red wine?" she asked clueless, making her cousin chuckle, laying down his knife before he walked over to a small shelf, grabbing a bottle as well as a glass for her, placing it on a tray with a bottle opener. "Don't try and run with this, you'll regret it," he warned her, making Eudora chuckle, giving him a quick hug before she grabbed the tray. She firstly moved to the laundry room, starting a wash before she made the move back up the stairs and to the man's room. Knocking carefully, she waited until he said for her to come in. "Your wine, sir," she said, keeping her eyes down so she wouldn't be caught staring at him again.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 1:04 pm

By now he assumed she was new, as she did not appear to recognize him, nor be familiar with the Mikaelsons fondness of alcohol, as most of those from this family, could drink almost everyone under the table. Though he did not mind, the fact she didn't know who he was, even if he was used to by now that most knew him by name, it only made for at the better first meeting, if the other part didn't know him. Being royalty, and the next to be king, made it hard to make genuine connections with others "thank you" he flashed her his greater smile, before watching as she left. With her gone, he found his clothes for the day, and quickly put it on.
By the time she got back with his wine, he was struggling with a tie. One should think that with how much hed lived, that he would at least by now know how to tie a tie, sadly he did not. He had been standing in front of the mirror, struggling with the knot, as he heard her knock "thank god" he let go of the tie, and simply let it hang around his neck, as he walked towards the door and opened it for her "this is a good choice" he was almost surprised by her choice of wine, as this was actually his favorite "you may look at me, I won't burst into flames if you do" he said teasingly, as he moved back, to let her inside, and once again went back to trying to tie the tie, with the keyword being trying.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 1:17 pm

As he opened she found that her heart was beating faster, but she brushed it off with the fact that she was still rather embarrassed. Another thing was the fact that he was a natural predator, so she had other ways to describe why her heart was going a little crazy. Blushing slightly as he liked the choice, she felt a need to thank her cousin later, but for now she stepped in to his room. The scent of perfume and aftershave mixed, making it feel like an almost alluring scent on it's own. He noticed how she kept her gaze down, and her eyes flickered a bit before looking up at his blue eyes. It looked like a vast ocean, one that you only saw in movies. Placing down the tray, her hands were shaking a little from her nerves, removing the metal enclosure over the small cork.
Her gaze wandered, looking over at him as she saw him struggle, and she felt a small smile on her lips as she moved over to him. "Would you mind?" she asked, looking up at him, shifting between his eyes. If he allowed her to, she adjusted the tie, knowing roughly how long the tail should be on either side. "Fat over thin, fat around again - Fat into keyhole, right down the drain," she mumbled the rhyme, one that she had known from childhood. Once the tie was tied, she adjusted the knot and flipped down the collar, taking a step back to let him check how it looked.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 1:28 pm

He had never really been completely unaware of his effect on others, and he could hear how her heart seemed to faster, as she'd gotten inside his room. Had it not been for this stupid tie, he would have gotten the wine, as soon as she sat down the tray. And as their eyes met, his smile got bigger, and he was close to flashing that movie star smile. Though soon after his eyes moved to the mirror, as he once again tried to tie it, but as the young woman got closer, and she graciously offered to help, he let go of the tie and moves, so he was in front of her "not at all" his gaze went down, as she as easily as anything else, tied it also while saying some time "you my darling, are a lifesaver" gracefully, he gently took her hand and kissed her knuckles "where are you from? I can't quite place your accent" he asked curiously, as he went to get a glass of wine, while also looking at her from time to time.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Eudora smiled softly as he called her a lifesaver, because honestly she didn't feel like it was enough to apologize for how she had interrupted his privacy. Her eyes widened as he grabbed her hand, feeling her cheeks grow redder, if that was even a possibility at this point. His lips against her knuckles made her look down, feeling like he was too kind. For a while she just stood there, probably looking a little weird from all the thoughts in her head, however he had some way of dragging her out of them. Looking at him as he poured his glass, she hummed softly, as to check if her voice was even there anymore. "I grew up in Illien, sir," she said, almost hearing her mother's voice in her head how she needed to straighten her back and speak clearly. Her eyes looked at the glass he was drinking, seeing the dark red liquid inside. "It's only my second week here in Gaia ... I'm still trying to get used to the language, but my family is part English," she explained. Her cousin had always spoken English around her, so she knew quite a few phrases, and her grammar was almost that of a native speaker. "My cousin ... He works as a cook in the kitchen, and he made sure that I could get a job here," she explained, feeling a little embarrassed to admit it.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 1:44 pm

As he poured wine into the glass, his eyes would land on her ever so often, especially after she began to talk and a smile would appear on his lips "I've been to Illien a couple of times, its quite beautiful and open" Illien was a place for supernatural beings, but it was also a place where one could be oneself, without faring hate from others "And I think I've met your cousin, good man" he would often talk to those who worked for him, making some kind of connection with others and hereby also knowing their names "but your Queen is in the country at the moment, I heard shes going to talk to the king" he said with a smile, it was actually her, that he was going to meet with today, which was why he wanted to look his best, after all, they had to talk business.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 7:45 pm

She nodded at his words about Illien. Despite the weather not always being too forgiving, it was a nice place to live, and a place she herself would want to return to once she wanted to settle down. But who knew when that were going to be? She was still rather young, and her mother always kept reminding her that she should see the world, explore everything before even thinking about kids. The stranger spoke kindly of her cousin, making her nod, saying a small thank you for the kind words. Eudora liked speaking, and she could speak a lot once she had gotten comfortable with someone. Some people saw her as reserved, but she was just always so afraid of speaking and sounding stupid. "I have faith that those who rule will choose a good path for their people ... I wouldn't know what it is like to have that sort of responsibility, but I sometimes pity them," she said, her eyes turning a little sad. She felt her eyes getting teary once more. "Living life in the limelight sounds scary; Do you think they ever want to just run away and become, I don't know, a farmer or something?" she chuckled, closing her eyes and taking a few deep breaths.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 7:56 pm

His eyes were right at her as if he couldn't take his eyes off her, which also irritated him, as he couldn't allow himself to get interested in another person, it gave him too much heartbreak. So, for now, they were to be acquaintances. He chuckled, as she guessed that the royals wanted to run away "you're quite right" he said, speaking with knowledge of how it actually was to be a royal, as hed spend his whole life having to be perfect "what is your name if I May ask?" he looked curiously at her, as he drank from the wine.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Eudora chuckled a bit at his words about her being right. She didn't know who he was, but she guessed he might know a thing or two about being in the spotlight. Then he asked her for her name, and her eyes widened as it dawned on her that she hadn't even introduced herself. "Eudora ... Well my full name is Eudora Irene Bishop, but that might be too formal seeing as I've already seen quite the informal side of you," she said, blushing just at the thought. She shook her head, looking down as she felt like she was threading on dangerous ground once more. "Sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude, I'm still very sorry," she said softly.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 8:09 pm

As she presented herself to him, and then commented on the fact she'd seen him naked, so maybe being overly formal wasn't what they needed, he found himself laughing "No it's not rude at all because you're right, you've seen more of me than most people have" he said chuckling, the way shed said the words, so straight forward but yet so funny "I'm Alex by the way" he didn't say his full name, which would reveal who he really was "and you don't have to say sorry, I mean you're not doing anything wrong" he smiled softly at her, and then poured up some more wine.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 8:16 pm

"Ale-ks," she said, repeating the name that was a little hard for her to say. "The English X is so strange ... Why not just use ks?" she chuckled apologetically. She was still learning from time to time, but she guessed it would get easier with time. Her eyes rested on the wine once more. She had tasted it before, but never something that smelled as good as that one. However she was still on the clock, and she couldn't just join him in his drinking. Biting her lower lip she looked at him, smiling a little. "I get off at five, and was thinking of catching some food down town - I know this is strange, but would you like to join me? It's nothing fancy, but I heard of this pizza place and I wanted to give it a try," she said, blushing a bit. When she was nervous she either shut up or spoke faster than humanly possible.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 8:32 pm

He chuckled as she tried saying his name "I do not know, My parents named me" he shrugged as to let his gaze met with her. Though Alexander wasn't really English, as the Macedonian king Alexander the Great, had been spelled the same way, or rather when translated. He raised his eyebrow when she suddenly asked if he wanted to hang out with her "sure, why not. I have a meeting downtown, but I'm sure it won't last that long" he was assuming the first meeting with Queen Katerina wouldn't last very long, as it was just the first out of many meetings.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyTirs Apr 21, 2020 8:50 pm

She chuckled at bit as he said his parents had named him, mostly because it was stupid, but in a funny way. She couldn't quite describe it, but it was rather nice just talking with him. One thing was getting new friends, that was fine, but this Alex didn't seem like just some random guy. She couldn't put a finger on it, but she liked how he spoke and acted. It was refreshing in a way. Nodding, she folded her hands in front of her, smiling a bit to herself. "It should be named Roma Pizza or something - I'm terrible at remembering the names around here," she chuckled. Looking at the clock in the room, she sighed, sending him a polite smile before she excused herself. She had a lot of things to see to, and though she wished she could've just stayed, she knew that duty called. "I'll see you later," she said, closing the door after her. She stood for a while, smiling to herself, feeling like this was a little surreal, but she also felt giddy, skipping back to work.
It was clear to everyone around her that her mood was chippy, how she seemed to whistle small melodies, skipping around while she hung up the laundry. Sometimes she had to stop in her tracks, take a deep breath before the smile returned to her face. She felt excited. Mostly because since coming to Gaia she hadn't really gotten out much, and she had barely made friends with anyone but her co-workers.
Once her shift was over, she returned to her living quarters, taking a shower and fiddling a bit with her hair and an outfit idea in her head. It was a simple outfit she decided on in the end, and making sure to grab her wallet and phone she headed out the door. Oh wait! She turned around, grabbing a light denim jacket before going out again, chuckling to herself as she felt giddy. She ended down by the pizza place a little earlier than she expected, but she didn't mind waiting for a bit, looking at her phone and seeing a few posts that had been made on her social media.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 6:06 am

He nodded and smiled as she said what place to meet at, and thereby left. Alex, now by himself, finished the buttle of wine and then left for his meeting, which actually went pretty well and they gad planned when to met again. It had been decided, that even though he wasn't yet king, he should meet with the Queen, kinda like practice, for when he was actually king.
After the meeting, he went home and changes out of the formal clothes and into something more simple, with a shirt and a pair of pants. With this done, he went to meet with Eudora. As he walked down the streets, several people seemed to look at him, but this wasn't anything new, though some congratulated him on the coronation this may, while others just smiled. As he found her standing by the pizza place, he smiled as he got closer to her "why hello again"
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 8:25 am

She stood there, feeling a little nervous, but not because she was delusional enough to think that this was a date. She saw this as her making a new friend, a new friend that might actually last and wouldn't just cast her away once they got to know her. Hearing his soothing voice, she felt a chill run down her spine, but it was a pleasant one, turning her head to look up to him. He was quite tall, but it didn't bother her. Most people were taller than her after all. "Hi," she said with a warm smile. What was she supposed to do? Bow to him, give him a handshake or even a hug? Feeling a little awkward, she just looked at him, probably looking like she was daydreaming once more. "Uhm, I have a suggestion: I've heard that Gaia Park is especially beautiful around springtime, so if you're up for it we could go there and eat?" she said, hoping he would say yes. Eudora had heard a lot about Gaia from her family that lived here, but she had rarely ever visited herself. In fact, this was her first time in the kingdom.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 10:51 am

His gaze seemed not able to move away from her eyes, as the sun made them look almost like pure gold. It was quite mesmerizing, and not be compared with others, but then again every eye was unique from the other. He'd been looking so much at her eyes, he hadn't noticed she was talking until the question came "of course, I would love to" he hoped that the park wasn't filled up with too many people so that someone would recognize him.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living EmptyOns Apr 22, 2020 11:04 am

Eudora smiled, feeling giddy once more before she stepped in to the pizza place. Looking at the many options, she fiddled with her fingers. It was a nervous habit she had, mostly when she felt a little lost or faced with choices. Humming to herself she looked at Alex by her side, sending him a faint smile before it was their turn to order. She ordered a large pizza to share, the toppings not really important for her, so if there was anything he wanted on, they could just get it. Shaking her head, she found her wallet, paying before he had a chance to do so. "I'll pay this time," she said, smiling at him as she placed the cash on the disk for the worker to handle. Taking a step back while the workers started preparing the food, she started fiddling again. Maybe it was just a bad habit she had from childhood. Her mother's side of the family was primarily werewolves and her father's side was human, so when they had found out she was a banshee, things were tough. None of her parents had known how to guide her or help her, but they had taught her some coping mechanisms. Once the pizza was done, she grabbed the large box, which looked almost comedically large in her hands.
Heading down to the park she felt that same nervousness that she had when she was waiting on him. "I'm actually really glad you agreed; I don't really have any friends here yet," she explained, feeling a little embarrassed to admit it. "Of course I have my co-workers, but it's not really the same, you know," she chuckled as she looked for the perfect spot for them to sit. The sun was still out, and it wasn't terribly cold. Pointing at a tree a bit away from others, she went to it, sitting down in the grass and placing the large pizza box between them. "Well then ... Dig in," she said, grabbing a slice for herself as she looked out at the people in the park. Some were out with their whole family, a couple of kids playing football, an old couple sitting on a bench feeding the pigeons. Taking a bite of her slice, she smiled, closing her eyes to enjoy the taste.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: What a way to make a living   What a way to make a living Empty

What a way to make a living
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» And here you are living despite it all
» Living for the day. Worries far away
» Living the high life (Yulia)
» There is a hell. I know now, for I am living it part 2 - Luca (xXx)
» There is a hell. I know now, for I am living it. - Azrael (fremtids emne)

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Det nordlige Aston :: Kongehuset-
Gå til: