Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Unsettling news - Boadicea

Go down 
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Gæst
Gæst

Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyMan Sep 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Buffy looked at the guy entering their home, no words or greetings, just instinctively going to her daughter and kneeling. She felt like her heart was sinking, because she saw something in the guy she couldn’t really explain. It was like half of her calmed down, the other half clawing to tear him to pieces. She moved to her feet, joining Baal as she took his hand, seeking his comfort and a hope to calm her worries, but little did it do. Her eyes were on Nessa, her face expressing so emotions as she tried to hold herself together.

Dinah gritted her teeth as Jake finally looked at her, turning her face away. She was angry, angry that he only came by when he suddenly felt like it. ”You felt it?” she asked, trying to calm down as she leaned herself against Eaden, hoping he would hold her back if Jake did something to anger her further. ”And it counts for nothing,” she added in a spiteful snare. She was not evil nor malicious, but she was not liking how the werewolf time and time again had dismissed the poor girl laying on the couch as they spoke. She shook her head, moving over to place her hand over Nessa’s pulse. ”It’s weak,” she mumbled, closing her eyes as she tried to focus, but it wasn’t easy with the werewolf there as well. It was like there was a small push into the room and Nessa got a bit more color in her skin, Dinah stumbling backwards in to Eaden’s arms. She felt her body shake, felt like what she had felt wasn’t real. Swallowing, she looked at Eaden with calm eyes, but the worry was something only he could see.

Nessa carefully opened her eyes, the blue a bit disoriented at first but then it found it’s way to the vast ocean of color that was Jake’s eyes. She breathed unsteady for a bit, feeling his hand in hers made her feel calm. ”What’s going on?” she asked, smiling as she whinced a bit, frowning as she found it hurt to move her body. ”Wolf,” she pleaded, almost as if he would know what to do. She needed rest, that much was clear, but more than that she needed him close. It was like things couldn’t work out unless he was there as well. ”Eema,” she said looking to Buffy, who hurried over to her daughter, looking at the girl she cared for deeper than life itself. ”Something bad is coming,” Nessa said, but she couldn’t really explain it fully. Her blue eyes moved from her mother’s green to the werewolf’s blue. Nessa seemed to understand something, something that she couldn’t say out loud. ”Not one without the other,” she mumbled, still feeling disoriented, closing her eyes as she tried to rest for a bit.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyMan Sep 02, 2019 10:26 pm

As Buffy moved over to him and held his hand, Baal looked at her for a bit, just before looking back at Jake. He wasnt really sure why the werewolf was here, but it was clear it had some sort of meaning. The artifact felt the holy power in the boy’s veins, making the demon frown a little in confusion as he hadnt felt that in Jake before. He gave Buffy’s hand a soft squeeze, as he watched Jake and his daughter.

Eaden held Dinah’s hand but let go to grab her arm as she seemed to get angrier with Jake as the conversatipn moved forward, just making sure that she wouldnt jump on him right away. Jake shook his head, her addition making him growl as he tried his best to keep calm, yet seeing Nessa like this and being so close to these dark creatures made it harder as the minute passed. He just repeated in his mind what Kyle had told him to do to calm down. “I’m sure you’d of all what understand what a connection feels like!” he snapped at her, looking at her with eyes that were begging for her to have a break from lashing out on him like this. Eaden let go to let her move over to Nessa and he just watched. Jake looked up at Dinah, barring his teeth unwillingly as she touched her. The push caught him and the rest by surprise as Eaden grabbed Dinah’s shoulders to keep her from falling. Jake just looked back at Nessa as she got more colour, exhaling in a slight relief mixed with the remaining tension when her eyes opened. “You passed out,” Eaden said with a sadened expression.

Jake nodded at her plea, lifting her into his arms as he rose from the couch. He looked at them all, “Your souls are so darkened. All of you,” he said as he then looked at Nessa. She called for Buffy, but the wolf in him wanted to bark at the hybrid, making her keep her distance. But he knew Nessa needed her mother, even though he didnt know why he understood this weird language that the human spoke. Baal couldnt figure out what was going on and it felt like it was all adding up to the frustration that he was already feeling. He touched over the artifact, swallowing hard before he rubbed his temple. “I’m sorry,” he said before he turned to the frontdoor and made a quick leave. He wasnt sure what monster had possessed him, he just felt like his body was moving on its own, biting his mark in his palm as he clenched his fist to cup the blood, throwing it into the air outside as he made a command. “Dont you fucking leave!” Eaden yelled in fury as he had followed hos father. Baal just kept quiet, walking to the bloodsplatter.  His flying companion oddly appeared even though no mark had been drawn and as he grasped it, it was like it took him with it to whereever it was sent back to. Eaden stood on the street with widened eyes before he scoffed and felt a tear run down his cheek.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyMan Sep 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Buffy felt Jake’s words cut through her, hitting her hard as she felt shame. She had not wished to see her soul as darkened, she felt the need to hide away, however she went to her daughter, feeling the hostility of Jake. ”She’s my daughter,” Buffy just said sternly to him, her green eyes full of sorrow before looking to the blue eyes of Nessa. She didn’t understand what her child was saying. Something bad was going to happen, that much was clear, but it felt so strange. Then she heard Baal’s words, looking after her fiancé, but she couldn’t just leave her child behind. Buffy felt like everything they had worked towards was slowly crumbling, she felt the fear return to her system. Her green eyes wandered to look at Jake, the worry clear on her face. Buffy had always been like an open book, so easy to read. ”Please tell me her soul isn’t dark?” she whispered, looking to Nessa. She couldn’t bear the thought of such a sweet and innocent child being cursed with that. It wasn’t fair, she had merely sprung into existence.

Dinah growled at Jake before she left to run after her father, catching up to him and Eaden as Baal disappeared. Shaking her head she looked down. ”Why does he always run away like this?” she whispered, pondering if there was something to be done about it. Maybe Eaden was right in some things, maybe their father was not as she thought. Or maybe something was looming over them, bigger than anything. ”Ead, I need you to promise me something,” she said, walking over to take his hand, placing her other on his cheek, removing the tear that had fallen down his cheek. ”If I ever become like him, then tell me off; yell at me and knock some sense into my head,” she said, looking rather seriously into her brother’s eyes. Breathing out she looked back up at the apartment, knowing it wasn’t wise to leave Buffy alone with Jake. Dinah had seen how unstable the werewolf had been, seen him kill Eaden in cold blood. Dinah rested her forehead against Eaden’s chest. ”I should go after him, but I can’t leave you,” she said. So many things had changed, and Dinah could no longer accept that she acted reckless, even if her father did.  

”Eema, it’s alright – Wolf will keep me safe,” Nessa said, looking apologetic at her mother. It was strange, strange that she found so much comfort in the werewolf now holding her in his arms. ”Find abba, he is lost,” she said, frowning as she still felt dizzy. Her blue eyes met with Jake’s, looking at him with something resembling a mutual understanding. ”Keep me safe,” she said in a weak voice. She needed to get somewhere that was not draining her body as it was right now. Buffy felt tears appear in her eyes, but she needed to be strong. She needed to keep focus.

”Long lost lover of mine,” a familiar voice almost sang as Baal entered his destination. Ivory moved to her feet, walking over and dismissing the wraith with a calm demeanor. She didn’t look fully like herself, but her hair was still pale and her eyes blue, however her skin had almost a different tint to it. Ivory placed an arm around Baal’s shoulder, guiding him over to sit down so that he could rest. She removed his shirt, seeing the artifact light up made her sigh as she placed a hand over it. ”Of all times you seek me now?” she said in a soft whisper as she moved over to grab something from a shelf that seemed to appear from nothing, and back to nothing it appeared. Ivory looked at Baal, her angelic radience not as strong here as it had been when she was alive, however you could still sense her strong soul. ”Here, drink this,” she said, smiling at the demon she had once called husband, handing him a vial with what resembled black ink inside. ”It will calm it for a while,” she explained, knowing she probably had to explain more than just that eventually.
[/color]
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 12:02 am

Eaden looked at the remaining bloodsplatter on the ground as it was absorbed by the concrete, his face full of resentment as he couldnt believe that he had ditched them now of all times. “Fucking deadbeat,” he mumbled as he felt like he could give into his own fury any given moment. He didnt move his head as his sister spoke, but he was listening. As she grabbed his hand and touched his cheek, it was like the anger was thrown into a cold bath, giving him more control over it as long as she held him. “I promise,@ he said without even hesitating, his resetment burning like nothing before. He could accept the happenings of the past being what they were, but him leaving Nessa and Buffy in the state of this? He couldnt forgive it. “Then dont. We go together, like we promised,” he said squeezing her hand gently. He looked up at the windows of the apartment. “We need to bring Buffy too. She shouldnt be here while he’s in hell, doing who knows what,” he said before he looked at Dinah again.

Jake seemed to accept Buffy as Nessa’s mother but her presence still made the wolf in him squirm with pleas for control, to purge the evil it felt around Nessa. He held her close, watching Buffy’s every move. Baal leaving with the twins seemed to made him easen up a little as Buffy was allowed closer to Nessa. Her question made him look a little confused, but at least more human than his otherwise stern neutral face. “Her soul is pure. You dont have to worry about that. It’s as pure as the parts of yours that arent corrupted by the demon. The parts that make you human,” he said as he then looked down at Nessa. His hand holding her shoulder caressed her skin gently with his thumb as he let her speak. He didnt interupt her but just held her close to him like was she something precious. His eyes met with Nessa’s again and he nodded. “I’ll always keep you safe,” he said switching between her eyes. “I was made to keep you safe,” he added with vulnerable eyes before he looked at Buffy. “I’ll take her to my home. It’s the Grimm-Mikaelson mansion. She’ll be safe there,” he said before he looked at Nessa again. “So you have one less worry,” he said looking back at Buffy, even though the wolf in him didnt care much for her worries - But Jake did. He was still the good kid somewhere in there.

Entering hell wasnt like it was any better than being with the living and he couldnt figure out why he had sought refuge to here of all places. As soon as he landed in the blasted land of torment, he knew he had to get back. He couldnt just leave Buffy behind like this, it wasnt like him, at all. So why had he done it? He turned as a familiar voice sang and when he saw her, his eyes filled with sadness. She looked different yet the same, like an old memory that had faded but kept it’s glow. She wrapped her arm around his shoulders and he just followed as his eyes studied her face. He wasnt really sure if this was real or some test from hell, or if it was just some illusion of his distressed mind. He was sat down and soon his shirt was off, making him groan as he felt the dark artifact call out in hunger. “I....” he tried but he couldnt figure out what to say. His actions had been without his mind, that felt in jambles. He rubbed his forehead lightly as he made a deep sigh. He grabbed the vial instinctively without question as if his body knew to trust her no matter what. He drank it before he coughed a little, yet down it went. “Ivory, it’s complicated,” he finally said as he looked up at her, swallowing hard. “She already knows what she needs to know about your past and present, lord cunt” a hoarse dark voice sounded as Cobbs stepped forward, a frown deepening his brow on the unburned side of his face. Baal sighed and leaned back as he didnt seem to bear mind to Cobbs’ insults. “For all I knew, you died. And I couldnt find you here,” he said, defeat painted all over his tone as he looked up at the woman he once saw as the light of his life. Everything they had worked through back then, the engagement he had to Amy, everything. But it was clear that what Baal had once felt, he didnt feel anymore. Not truly at least. He groaned a little, touching the glowing spot on his chest as he looked down. “I need to get back... to her... She needs me there,” he said as he tried to get up though was quickly pushed back down by Cobbs. “Sit tight little lord. You think you ended up here by coinsidence?” He asked with a dry laughter to follow, like he thought of Baal as a fool.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 8:58 am

Dinah nodded, feeling herself drawn more to the anger as of today. It was not like her, and it scared her a bit. She closed her eyes, focussing on Eaden’s words. He was right and she knew it, the only part worrying her the most would be keeping Buffy safe. Hell was not a small affair, far from it with it’s many levels of torture and pain. That was when she felt something was off, almost clutching herself to Eaden as her eyes flew open, widening as it looked up to the sky. Her body soon relaxed, leaning against her brother as she took deep breaths. “There’s a problem, love of mine,” Dinah whispered, feeling her hands shake a bit as she knew this feeling too well. “Our father is not in hell,” she said, finally looking up at the familiar eyes she loved so much. Her face might’ve looked neutral to many, but Eaden would be the one to see her worries, swirling around in the green colour in her grey eyes. Perhaps it was too much to ask that things could be simple, too much to know how and where to search. “I know now why I haven’t been able to find our mother,” she said, a single tear falling from her eye as she looked at Eaden. All souls passed through the short term place of limbo, but Dinah knew that was where her mother resided her eternal punishment. “The In between, the grey area; limbo,” she explained, feeling her heart sink. One could not just waltz into that area of the afterlife - you had to have been put there or be invited in there. Her hand squeeze around Eaden’s hand tightened, fearing what could and couldn’t be done.

Buffy didn’t like any of this, but seeing how Jake reacted to Nessa, made one less worry in her world. She nodded, watching the werewolf take her daughter with her. Partly she wanted to scream, yell at the large werewolf and demand that he placed her child down, but she also knew her daughter to be more fragile. A human. Human just like Buffy once were, and it pained her to look at Nessa and see what Baal had once seen in her. A pure soul with no corruption or darkening. She knew now what her fiancé had seen and why he had called Buffy his light. But what was she now? A grey tone that was just trying to hold it’s balance between being too light and too dark. That was how she saw herself right now. She needed to go out and find Baal, but all she could muster was stand in the empty apartment. Tears were falling down her cheeks. She felt alone, terribly alone as she didn’t feel needed.

Ivory knew Baal, at least she knew who he had been and who he had become from Cobbs’ words. But it was something else to finally see him. Ivory was not one to fall out of love, and she still did love the demon that was groaning about his hurting artefact. He tried speaking and she shook her head. He had never needed to speak many words for her to understand him, never needed to go on long tangents, because she understood him. She heard Cobbs, turning her head and walking to the giant beast of a demon, placing a gentle hand over his burned skin. Ivory had never flinched at his looks, never been afraid to touch the scorched skin he bore even on his soul. “Be nice to our guest,” she said in a gentle tone, not scolding but as to remind him that he had to be careful. Cobbs was her only link to the outside of limbo, the only person to visit her from time to time, and they had established some sort of friendship over the course of eternity. Baal spoke again and she exhaled, letting go of Cobbs’ face before walking over to sit down in front of her former lover. “It’s because you didn’t have access to this place, love, this is not hell, though it seems like it to you and your aching artefact,” she said, looking at his face. He had not changed, of course he hadn’t, but some part of her had thought he would have. He tried to get up, but Cobbs was soon over him, pushing him back to his seat. Ivory looked at the two demons, exhaling as she knew they didn’t have the best of relation. “I know you blame yourself, but this has always been the plan,” she said, her eyes turning a little sad as she looked at Baal. There was no point in denying she had missed him, missed the comfort he once gave her, but things were different now. “I needed our children to be ready,” she said, frowning as she looked down, as she had no regrets about her actions, but she felt like she should have. “A darkness will soon spread, and I knew that if either of us were to take care of our kids the way we wished, they would not survive,” she said in a serious tone, looking at the demon in front of her. “I love you even still, but you are not the man I spent my life with anymore; and you have mourned me and put me to rest,” she said.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 9:35 am

He looked at Dinah as she seemed to sense something, grabbing her as she clutched to him and looked at the sky. It was like she couldnt really speak at fast as he wanted her to, but he also knew she was having a hard time when she felt these things. He moved some hair behind her ear as he listened to her, swallowing hard as she slowly unfolded what she knew. He exhaled deeply and closed his eyes for a bit. “Alright... limbo...” he said as he felt like his spine had been pierced with ice, the uncomfortable feeling he felt shining through his eyes. When he died, he knew he had caught a glimpse of the dull dimension, gotten a small taste of what would await him if he ever were to die in that sense again. He watched Jake pass with Nessa, wanting to intervene, yet he knew the wolf only had to bite him and he would be rendered useless. He grabbed Dinah’s hands, “I guess there’s nothing to do then. Unless you trust me enough to send me there,” he said, throwing the suggestion out there as he looked back up at the apartment, “Let’s go back to her,” he said as he let go and walked up into the apartment. He looked at Buffy with sad eyes as he drew in a distressed breath. “I’m sorry,” he said, like there was something he had to apologize for.

Cobbs looked to Ivory as she touched his face, yet as brute and cruel as he looked, he had never any intention of harming her, even if she were to anger him. Baal looked at Ivory but her words only seemed to harm more than do him any good. He looked away and frowned as he shook his head. He didnt understand why she had refused to see him, let him mourn her and move on. He understood completely where he was now and why he couldnt find her even if he found a way and went here. Limbo, unlike hell had so many layers overlapping one-another over and over, making a free-roam as good as finding a needle in a haystack. He sighed at her words of blame and rubbed his face, “It’s because of me there even is a plan. There wouldnt have been if I could have just kept my distance,” he said in a sigh as he shook his head. He looked at her and he couldnt bring himself to not sit and think about Buffy who he had left. Ivory’s words made him close his eyes for a second as he clenched his jaw, as he opened them again they were wetter and he looked away from her. He was quiet for long enough to let her speak again, frowning as he lifted a hand to his mouth like he was pondering, “We should had known what was to come back then. Thinking our blood mixed together wouldnt have begged for chaos, was a foolish thought,” he said in a sad tone before he closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose like he felt a pain behind his eyes. “I have mourned you yes. I have dealt with the pain of knowing what had been done. I should have stayed in mourning. But yet again I have doomed another woman to a horrible fate,” he said, feeling a sour taste in his mouth as he rubbed his eye with his finger to stop any oncoming tears.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Dinah knew she must’ve been speaking in tongues. She was thankful for Eaden having a hold of her, watching as Jake walked away with Nessa. It wasn’t a nice feeling to see her sister like this, but she knew Jake would take care of her. That was one positive thing she had to remind herself of when she felt the anger looking at him. She would never forgive him for doing what he did to Eaden, but they could at least agree on keeping Nessa safe. She turned her eyes back to look at her brother, giving his hand a squeeze at the thought of sending him to limbo, making her swallow and shake her head. She could probably send him there, but it was too dangerous to do it. “I don’t think I’m strong enough to send you there and bring you back,” she said. And it wasn’t something she was willing to risk. “Let’s go in and check on her instead; hopefully father knows what he’s doing,” she said, joining him back to the apartment. She looked at the hybrid that was just standing there, like she was frozen in time.

Buffy could barely do anything but stare at the door where Jake had walked out with Nessa. For the first time in a long time she felt so alone. She looked at Eaden and Dinah as they came in, but it wasn’t like she actually saw them. She was trying to keep herself from breaking down, but she could barely stand without feeling her knees shake. Eaden’s words did little to comfort her as she looked at the demon. She walked over, sitting in one of the chairs as she felt the need to just disappear. It was strange, feeling like everything she thought she had was gone. Why had Baal left her? Why could Nessa not stay here and be in her arms? So many questions and so few answers.

“You and your belief in changing what has been done; love do you not see that no matter what, we had no choice in this matter?” she asked, placing a hand over Baal’s, recognising his distress. He had always been easy to blame himself, blame the genes he was born with, but it had not been able to change a thing. If it hadn’t happened to them, then it would have been someone else. She exhaled looking at his hand as he spoke of dooming another woman. It made her shake her head, disagreeing with what he stated. Her blue eyes moved back to his grey green ones. “You were a great husband and a great father, you can become that again; I was just not meant for that,” she said with a sad smile. Of course she would have stayed with him if she could, would have spent more centuries with him, gotten more children as the years passed, but that was nothing but a dream scenario. “My love, we don’t have much time; you cannot stay here for too long,” she said, removing her hand and got to her feet. “I am planning to return soon, but there are a lot of things that I cannot be allowed to remember once I leave this place,” she said, looking at Cobbs as she nodded for him to prepare to send Baal back. “I will not be able to remember all of my life, only the key parts; I will be allowed to remember our children and the love we had, but much else will be removed,” she said in a sad tone. She knew why she was going back. God would need all his angels, doomed or not, to be there at the reckoning. “When I return, I wish to see my children, but you need to tell them that I cannot remember much; and if they do not wish to tarnish the memory of their mother I won’t blame them,” she said, feeling her heart ache. She loved her children, had heard the stories from Cobbs of them growing up hadn’t made it easier on her.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 3:30 pm

He nodded at her words, understanding that it was a huge risk that could end up complicate more than do good. He just wished that there was something to be done, so they didnt just all have to sit and wait around for things to be sorted out. He hated idleness and he felt it more than ever the moment they walked back into the apartment. He observed Buffy, seeing how she seemed so far away from them, caught up in her mind. He sat down on a chair not far from Buffy as he placed a hand on the table, looking on the wooden surface while he just kept his quiet for a while. He glanced up at Buffy from time to time, trying to figure out what to say. He looked at Dinah as he grabbed her hand and entangled their fingers, looking down as he just sighed quietly to himself.

He listened to her words and felt her hand over his, but even if she was right, he was far to stubborn to not feel as if at least something could have been done. When he spoke of dooming Buffy, he was speaking more emotion than sense. Her disagreeing words made him look up into her blue eyes as he felt his heart ache at the thought of not being that to Buffy or Nessa yet. He couldnt understand what she meant by her not being meant for it, but he figured that it was a tale for another time.
He listened to her as she explained the situation ahead, not interrupting as she had started out by saying they hadnt had much time. Cobbs nodded to her signal and went behind the prince as he grabbed his hand to expose the mark. He poured some liquid in it before Baal could do anything and stepped back. Baal rose to his feet as soon as Cobbs let go, staring at the burned demon in anger before he turned his face back to Ivory. "I will let them know," he assured her as he felt the mark start to boil like he had a feeling he wasnt supposed to be here. He clenched his fist as he placed a hand on the back of Ivory's head as he leaned down to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "We'll figure it all out, once you come back" he said as he looked down at her before he felt like he was being pulled away from this place. He let go of her and stepped back as he glanced back towards Cobbs, "Thank you," he said in a low tone before he was dragged back into the realm of the living. He looked around and frowned a little as he didnt recognize the place he was sent back to. He grabbed his phone and sent a text to Buffy, not sure how long he had been gone for.

[Messages between Baal and Boadicea]
[Baal:] I wont be gone for much longer. I promise.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Dinah felt Eaden’s hand in hers, breathing out as she just stood there, looking into the room but not really looking. She was more trying to figure out something to do, figurering out what could or couldn’t be done. Maybe she should just relax, wait until her father decided to show up again, but there was something off about this. Every time she had seen her father and Buffy together, he had seemed more grounded when he was close to the hybrid. That was why it didn’t make sense. Him leaving without a word was wrong, even if the artefact acted up, he was usually able to tell them. She shook her head, giving Eaden’s hand a squeeze as she seemed to return to the room. Her eyes wandered to the clock. ”Pizza should be here any minute,” she said, not really trying to lighten the mood. If anything it was sad that a calm evening had turned to this. Dinah felt like she wouldn’t be getting much sleep tonight when they finally would return to the academy. She looked at Eaden, kissing the top of his head, breathing in his scent from his hair. The need to have him close was stronger in her than ever, and she couldn’t tell why. Something was looming in the horizon, she had known it for a while, but the need to push it away was getting stronger and stronger. She heard Buffy’s phone vibrate, frowning as she didn’t know who would text her at this time.

Ivory sighed as she looked away when Cobbs did what he had to do, not liking to know that it was hurting her former love. Even if she did not feel the same, she still felt like they had spent enough time together to be family, even if they could no longer love each other like they used to. He tried to kiss her forehead, but she moved away from him, shaking her head as her eyes watered. ”Save your loving touch for the one that needs it,” she said, her voice a bit weak, but she didn’t want to show grief. She looked as Baal slowly disappeared, knowing it must hurt. Ivory walked to Cobbs, leaning her head against his arm. ”Your job is not yet done,” she whispered in a sad tone. She knew what was to come, she knew that Cobbs would understand, but she felt like she was holding him captive in this place. ”You still keep my children safe I hope,” she said, knowing she didn’t have to ask. Cobbs had been there for her since she had shown herself to him. In reality, it had been her employing the brute to keep her children safe. She didn’t know how she had managed to convince him, but perhaps he had seen her genuine care. Or perhaps he was just in this to get his freedom and life back; either way Ivory was greatful. ”I need to rest,” she said, smiling sadly to herself as she leaned away from Cobbs.

Buffy reached for her phone, feeling like her heart was beating faster at the thought. She watched her phone a bit perplexed as she clicked a few times, choosing to call him. Silently she begged for him to pick up, closing her eyes as she felt her hands shake. ”Belial,” her voice said weakly as he picked up, feeling her spine cold and her jaw trembling. ”Where are you?” she pleaded, the unknown tearing her apart. Dinah walked to Buffy, taking the phone and placing it to her ear. ”Get back here, father, I’ll go and check on Nessa and Jake before me and Eaden head home,” Dinah said in a calm voice before hanging up. Buffy looked at Dinah with a surprised look on her face. ”Why would you hang up? He might need me,” Buffy said, but it was clear she didn’t even believe those words herself. ”He just left you when you and Nessa were hurting – If someone needs help it’s you,” Dinah argued, feeling like she got slightly angry, placing the phone down on the table before walking in to the kitchen, putting on the kettle and staring at it as it was slowly heating up.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Eaden shrugged as Dinah mentioned the pizza arriving soon. He wasnt really up for pretending like he cared for pizza with the despair that seemed to loom over them like a thick invisible fog. He wrapped his arm around her as she kissed his hair, resting his face against her chest as he seemed to just be staring into the nothingness. He felt calmer having Dinah close, but it didnt turn the situation less sour nor less irritating. He turned his head as Buffy’s phone vibrated, blinking a few times as he waited to see what was going to happen now. "I bet it's him," he sourly said as he closed his eyes for a bit.

Baal let her move away, making a short smile at her words. "I was," he argued, even though he wasnt seeing it as it may had been portrayed. He felt the artifact struggle to stay in this realm and it was quite painful to fade away, just to appear bit by bit into the living realm. Cobbs looked on as the demon disappeared, looking to Ivory as she walked up to him only to rest her head on his arm. He looked at her with worried eyes, "I figured as much, ever since I died," he said with a calm demeanor as he looked to her. He wasnt so keen on the swear words when it was only her being around. Her hope made him sigh as he looked out into the nothingness, "I am. When I can, at least," he assured her as he made a smile, even though with only half his face being in his power to move, it looked rather odd. He had tried his best to keep her children safe, yet a disfigured demon like him couldnt really wander the academy, checking up on them, making sure they were out of harms way, but he did do what he could. She leaned away and he looked at her, "Go rest. I'll be here when you wake up," he said as he sat down and crossed his arms. He didnt mind being here, it was better than all the noise and torment that were in the depths of hell.

He was walking when his phone rang, picking it up without a second thought as he knew who it could be. "Boadicea..." he whispered silently. Hearing her voice like this was a spike in his heart, hurting far more than the artifact ever could. Her question made him sigh as he looked around, "I dont recognize this pla.." he said, closing his eyes for a bit as he felt a little lightheaded from the traveling, but as he was speaking he heard the phone being taken from Buffy and soon Dinah spoke instead. Before he could answer, she hung up on him. He looked down at his phone and tightened his grip around it for a moment as he looked back up. He suddenly stopped for a bit as he turned his eyes down on his phone again. He frowned a little as he made a call, leaning against the brick wall as he spoke to then figure out what he was going to do.

Eaden frowned a little as Buffy had called Baal, but he wasnt going to question it, it wasnt his place. He watched Dinah snatch the phone, smiling a little as he thought it was more than well deserved. Buffy seemed to disagree but Dinah was quick to argue. Eaden couldnt anything but agree with his sister, "But then again, it's him. Why are we even surprised?" he said, not really hiding his own resentment to his father. He leaned back into the chair, his eyes growing more and more angry as he shook his head, "I just thought he'd actually care enough to stick around this time," he said, not knowing if he was speaking his own truth or just out of spite. He looked at Buffy, "It's not fair," he said as he then looked up at Dinah, his eyes shifting between hers like he had been hoping to be wrong all this time about his hatred.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 10:45 pm

Dinah didn’t know what about all of this made her so angry. She felt her body tense, her senses so alert, like something was wrong in the universe. She heard Eaden’s words, and normally she would dismiss them, tell him to give their father a chance, but this was something different. It was like standing outside her body and looking at what was happening. She walked to the kitchen, looking at the kettle with water as she tried to calm her nerves, leaving Eaden and Buffy in the livingroom. Dinah’s hands had formed into fists, and as soon as she saw she tried to loosen them up. Something was wrong, it was so wrong of her to be angry. It was so out of character for her to feel any sort of resentment to anyone, and today she had felt it both towards Jake and her father. Her breathing trembling as she tried to stay calm, but inside it felt like a hurricane ravaging. She felt her body needing support, leaning against the kitchen counter. Never in her life had she felt like this, like a burning inside her. ”Eaden,” she called out a bit scared, her voice shaky as she tried calling for her brother. This was wrong, and she felt like she kept saying that to herself over and over.

Buffy didn’t know what was going on with Dinah, it seemed like everyone was losing themselves today. Was the apartment some sort of epicentre of bad luck? Shaking her head at Eaden’s words. ”It is not fair, but I was never promised fairness,” she said, trying to find her footing. She had heard Baal, she had heard his voice calling her name, and it was like it gave her some unknown strength. She reminded herself how she had to be strong, try and push the thoughts away. Then she heard Dinah call for her brother, frowning as she got up from her seat. She walked to the kitchen, seeing Dinah surrounded by dark shadows, making the hybrid gasp. ”Dinah, are you alright?” Buffy asked, but Dinah didn’t seem to hear her.

Nessa turned over in Jake’s bed, nudging her face into his chest and exhaling. ”Darkness,” she mumbled in her sleep, feeling the werewolf warm her body. She carefully opened her eyes, looking at Jake with a worried expression. ”It’s soon,” she said in a rather calm voice. ”Not long from now, my wolf,” she said in a sweet tone. She moved up, laying so she was face to face with the young male. In any other situation a young girl like Nessa and a young guy like Jake in a bed alone was the sound of something any parent dreaded, however it wasn’t like that. Nessa loved Jake, there was no question about it, but taking it further than holding hands and the ocassional kiss on the cheek, it hadn’t gone further. She didn’t need it to be more, she just needed to know herself to be safe so she could be brave. Breathing out she looked at the blue eyes she cared so much for. ”Do you trust me?” she asked.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Eaden got up as soon as Dinah called, hurrying to the kitchen as he saw his sister. His eyes flared up as he looked at the shadows around her, reaching out to touch one, just to feel as if he had touched something acidic that hungered to eat away at his flesh. He pulled his hand to himself, gritting his teeth as he looked at Dinah, “Ahuvati shelli, listen to me,” he begged. “Fight this and come back to me,” he said, but it wasnt in english anymore, it was their mothertongue. He looked down at his finger, the tip burned and infected with something that he didnt know of, yet he knew it wasnt fully bad. He looked to Buffy and moved his arm out to signal her to keep her distance. “I’m nothing without you! Okay? I cant take seeing you like this, so out of control,” he pleaded as he then shook his head, “Come back,” he said in a weak tone as he eyed the shadows around the love of his life.

Jake was awake as Nessa slept close to him, holding an arm over her as he just seemed to stare at the ceiling. He wanted to be sure that she was safe at all times, so even if he felt tired, he forced himself to stay awake. He heard her mumble and turned his head as she soon moved and started to wake up. He nodded at her words as he shifted between her eyes. The wolf inside him knew exactly what was going on, yet Jake had not as much knowledge, but it wasnt like he needed to, the wolf was partly in control most of the time lately. He moved his arm a little closer around her to lay comfortably as he just looked at her face. Jake was still in mourning over the whole thing with Dinah, but it was like none of it mattered when Nessa was close to him. Her question made him nod as he looked at her. “I’ll always trust you,” he told her rather determined of the fact.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Dinah felt it hard to breath, scared as she watched Eaden flinch away from her shadows. It only made it worse, making her feel so consumed until he started speaking in ther mother tongue. There was something about the old words that made her calm down. She realized that the darkness around her were not something appearing out of nowhere; she herself was creating it. She felt so far gone, felt like maybe this time she would lose everything she loved, but Eaden reminded her that she needed to control herself. She needed to focus, but how could she when she didn’t know what to do with all these conflicting revelations. Her heart was aching as she looked at her brother, the only thing that truly mattered in this horrible world. She closed her eyes, hearing what sounded like ancient words chanting in her ears, yet there was nothing speaking. None but she could hear these old foretellings. Dinah’s head flew backwards as she gasped for air, her body tensing as the dark shadows resembled fire more than anything right now. She wanted to scream, but she was completely mute af her lips seperated. The shadows soon subsided, Dinah felt her body shake as she held out a hand, trying to command the flames away with a pained expression. It was clear she was on the brink of losing herself to the darkness, but when the worst of the flames had disappeared she reached for Eaden, mouthing his name, yet no sound came from her throat. Then it was like her body instinctively grabbed on to her brother, burning his delicate skin before both of them disappeared in to the place that their mother resided. Dinah felt her body give in, collapsing in front of Cobbs as she gasped for air.

Ivory had laid down to rest as she felt something off. She turned around, moving to her feet as she squinted at the nothingness. That was when she saw her daughter collapse and her son stand by her. Her jaw fell down, surprised at how this had happened. She was quickly as her daughter, but she was passed out from exhaustion. Her hand moved over the pale skin, touching the soft skin of her child. Her blue eyes turned to Eaden, sending him a sad smile as Ivory gestured for Cobbs to carry Dinah to some place more comfortable for the young angel. ”Hello my sweet child,” she said to Eaden, her blue eyes so bright in the nothingness around them.

Nessa smiled at his answer, but this was not a matter of trust. It was more a matter of him doing what he needed to do when the time came. ”I’ve spent so little time with you, and yet eternity still,” she said, still smiling even if what she had to say would be sad. Her hand placed itself against Jake’s cheek, her palm resting against his skin. ”When the darkness comes, you’ll have to choose; me or humanity,” she started. She knew the wolf would know, because she knew somehow. She couldn’t explain it, but it was like they were meant to do this dance for eternity on end. ”Jake, the wolf in you knows what it will have to do because it has done it before, but I’m afraid our dance might end soon,” she said, frowning as she looked into the blue eyes. Nessa spoke not as herself, more as the part of her that knew her purpose, knew what had to be done to stop her. ”Nothing as pure as me has a right to exist,” she said.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTirs Sep 03, 2019 11:45 pm

Eaden wasnt understanding of what was happening, yet he couldnt do anything but talk to her. If he walked into the shadows, he knew they would tear him apart, worse than Jake had and he wasnt so keen on going through that again. The shadows turned flamelike and Eaden frowned as he shook his head at what was happening. “Dinah, come back to me!” He yelled in a beg but that was just because he felt so scared. So scared of what could happen if she didnt resume her control. The flames grew weaker and she grabbed him, only for the touch to burn him as they seemed to be pulled elsewhere. He tried to touch her but she was so warm that the heat seared his hand with ease. He looked up to gasp at the sight of his mother. He scrambled to his feet, feeling like a little confused child again, “I cant touch her,” he cried in confusion as he looked at his sister. He looked at his burned hand and watched as Cobbs moved her away with ease. He looked back at Ivory. “M... mother?” He asked as he looked around. “Where is this?”

Jake couldnt understand what she was speaking of when she said she felt like she had known him forever, yet he felt like it was so familiar to him. “The wolf you know. But not me Ness,” he said in a sad tone as he couldnt return her smile with his own. Her hand on his cheek felt like a slow burning sensation, like he was being eaten up inside. She explained it all but he just sat up as he looked at her with vulnerable confused eyes. “Choose? Why do I have to choose?” He asked like had she placed a heavy burden on his shoulders, and that was how he felt. He didnt want to have to choose between one life or many, but the wolf snarled inside him at his conflict. It was like she knew what was going on inside him as she spoke and he shook his head. “Done it before? Ness, you’re confusing me” he said as he looked at her with sad eyes. Her last word made him frown as he cupped her face, “Dont ever say that. You have every right,” he argued but it was like he knew what she meant without really knowing. He groaned and let go of her as he ruffled his hair with both of his hands, “None of you are telling me what’s going on. The wolf wants me to obey every command and here you’re telling me I have to choose?” He asked a little frustrated. He exhaled deeply. “Nessa, how long do we have?” He asked as he looked at her.

Footsteps were heard in the stairwell and soon a few knocks sounded on the front door. As soon as she had gotten the call, she had moved as quick as she could, even though she knew it meant she had a lot more to explain as soon as she had returned. But the way Baal behaved during the call had just made her so worried. She hanmered her fist on the door, “Buffy! Let me in! It’s me, Vanessa!” She yelled, not caring whether it disturbed the neighbors or not.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyOns Sep 04, 2019 9:23 am

Ivory looked at her children, and it was clear that though their appearance had changed, their personality traits had not. She saw her son, a grown man now, stumbling to his feet. It was clear he was in agony from not being able to touch his sister, and Ivory exhaled, taking Eaden’s burnt hand carefully. She inspected it, not answering at first as she wanted to make sure it was not something too harmful. He would heal, she could see that, but would he heal from not being able to touch his sister for a while? “She’s always been a fighter,” Ivory said, looking over at Dinah that was resting on what could closely be described as a bed. Ivory a blue eyes turned back to Eaden’s, smiling as she recognised the grey green eyes both her children had. “Now, it is important that you listen to me,” Ivory said, her face being more serious, but her face always had a softness to it. Like she could never be really mad. “There is so much I want to tell you, so much I wish I could do, but those worries I need to hide away; This is more important,” Ivory said, guiding Eaden over to Dinah. Ivory placed a hand on Her daughter’s forehead, closing her eyes shortly. “Your sister’s abilities will be acting up over the course of the next few months; but you cannot allow her to return herself here,” Ivory said, opening her eyes to look at Eaden. There was still sadness behind the bright blue colour, but she seemed to hide it well. “I need you to be there for her; she has only ever been calm when you were around,” she explained. A sad smile appeared as she looked at her daughter. “You probably don’t remember, but when you were vey young, you got hurt pretty badly,” Ivory said, placing a hand on her son’s cheek as well. “It was the first time we realised what powers Dinah had and so many of your bones were broken and torn,” Ivory said, clearly upset at the memory. “Dinah felt awful, staying with you every night, even praying for your soul,” she said. Ivory hadn’t known back then what her twins were capable of. She had been blissfully unaware of the dangers. “Then one day, you came down for breakfast, holding Dinah’s hand and just started eating; all your bones healed and in place,” she said, feeling her eyes water at the happy memory. “Your father thought Dinah had been the one to heal your bones, but you told me later that you had done it yourself; because you didn’t like seeing your sister hurting,” she said, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. Ivory exhaled, feeling sad and happy at the same time. Happy because she was able to see and hold her children again, sad that they had to leave before limbo getting to them. “The only reason her darkness can hurt you, is if you think she is hurting,” Ivory said, sitting down on the bed beside her daughter, moving some hair from her forehead.

Dinah didn’t hear much, she just laid there, sleeping in a way that seemed to calm her down. Her mother’s voice was soothing, but she couldn’t open her eyes for some reason. “Ead ...” her voice said weakly, trying to open her eyes and touch her brother. She felt like drifting away without him to ground her. To keep her there with him.

Nessa watched as Jake sat up, his frustration she could understand, but also she couldn’t. Why was it so hard for him to connect with the wolf? It was like they were constantly in a fight over who was in control. She sat up, placing a hand on his shoulder as she leaned closer to rest her chin on that hand. “I do know you Jake; I know you are a kind and gentle soul that always wants to do things right, even if you are a bit of a troublemaker,” Nessa said, looking at the werewolf with tender eyes. She was never frustrated with him, always gave him the time to speak his mind. “I know that you would do anything for your family; past, present or future,” she said, smiling softly at him. Her other hand moving up to touch his messy hair. “I know that all you really want is a simple life,” she said, her eyes turning a bit watery, but she didn’t know why. She didn’t feel sad. Nessa felt his hands on her cheeks, looking into his deep blue and wishing she could say anything to calm him. As he let go of her face she moved to her feet, holding out a hand to him and hoping he would take it. “Let’s take a walk in the garden; I’ll do my best to explain,” she said, smiling at him if he took her hand. If he moved with her, she would lead the way downstairs and out through the glass doors to the big flower garden. Thanks to Larry all of the flowers were blooming, sending a pleasant scent into the air. She walked for a bit in silence before stopping at one of the flowerbeds. Her eyes seeking his as she smiled at him. “It is always like this, always like love at first sight and then the need to protect each other,” she said, closing her eyes as she tried to remember. “I don’t know when we started this, but I do remember the story we keep telling ourselves when we start wondering,” she said, giving his had a squeeze. “Long before time there was a lone pale man,” she said, looking at the flowers as she felt like she had told this story so many times by now. “And he was so very lonely, because all things must meet this man, so everyone shunned him,” she said, feeling like maybe the story made less sense over the years. “So, in his loneliness he took an axe and split himself right down the middle; so that he would always have a friend,” she said, looking back at Jake with sad eyes that seemed fluid. Would the story make any sense to the young werewolf? She wondered as she looked at him. “The Lamb calls and the Wolf strikes, it has always been like this,” she said before she turned her eyes away from Jake. “We have until the new year, and I do not expect to live to see spring,” she said, finally answering his question.

Buffy stood there stunned as the siblings disappeared into the shadowy flames. Then she heard a knock at the door, as well as a very familiar voice. She didn’t really know how to move, let alone react right now, so it was with a blank face she opened the door. Her green eyes seemed devoid of colour as she just stared at Vanessa. Then she brok down, sobbing as she wrapped her arms around her friend. Buffy was usually smiling or laughing whenever she was with Vanessa, and to the recollection of the hybrid’s mind, the demon had never seen her cry.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyOns Sep 04, 2019 3:21 pm

He let her inspect his hand but he wasnt happy that she wasnt answering his question, only because he felt like he had been here before, just for a moment, or many moments - Fleeting moments. The unnerving feeling of familiarity, that couldnt be pinpointed to anything specific. He listened to her words about Dinah, swallowing as he nodded. "She's always been the strong of us," he said as he glanced at Dinah. He was quite frustrated of the fact that touching her got him burned, but he at least had some relief in seeing her rest and not be surrounded by her flames anymore. He kept looking at Dinah for a while as Ivory spoke, but his eyes eventually moved to meet with his mother's blue ones. He had always wished that he had gotten his mother's eyes instead of his father's, even more so after the disappearance of his mother and re-connection with Baal. He nodded to let her know he was listening, following as he was guided over to his sister. His hand wanting to touch her, yet he felt scared of the burn that had harmed him before.
"I will always be there for her," he said to his mother, not sure why it was even something that could be questioned. He knew how his life had been without Dinah in it, and there wasnt a chance that he would go through that ever again. But he couldnt understand why Ivory was speaking about Dinah's abilities, it felt more like a omen for something bad to happen in the future, but he wasnt sure if it was wise to ask questions now.
The memory that Ivory spoke of seemed so far away from everything, that Eaden had a hard time remembering it all. But he did remember a few bits from what he was being told by his mother, turning his eyes to Dinah as he nodded a little to himself. It was the first time that he knew what he was capable of, how he had fixed his broken bones just to see Dinah smile again. At least that was the only thing that shone in his mind as Ivory told the story. "I remember being in a slumber. No, not a slumber," he said as he rubbed his temples and closed his eyes for a bit. He looked up and around before he realized, "I was here. Not here, but somewhere else, that's here. This is where I end up when I was supposed to die," he said, knowing it didnt make sense, but it did to him. He scoffed and shook his head, "I woke up in my bed, seeing Dinah sit next to me. I just couldnt bear seeing her sad like that," he said shaking his head. As Ivory spoke of the reason he got burned, he looked down at his hand, sighing deeply as he turned his eyes to his sister. He was always quick to worry, especially when it was regarding her. "You didnt see how she looked," he argued as he frowned a little, but he wasnt angry.

When Dinah called, he quickly turned his head to her before he walked over to her. He looked at her hand reaching out for him, worried that it would hurt. He closed his eyes, remembering his mother's words as he lifted his hand and grasped around Dinah's, exhaling deeply as if he was expecting to get burned once more - But he felt nothing but comfort. He looked at her and smiled a little as he scoffed happily, turning his head to his mother. "Thanks mother," he said in a thankful tone before he looked back at Dinah. "It's alright, I'm here," he whispered to her as he sat down on his knees to be closer to her. "Whatever is going to happen, I'll always be here, ahuvati shelli," he promised her in a whisper as he leaned his head down to connect their foreheads.
Cobbs stood beside Ivory as he watched the twins, "I think it would have been endearing if they werent siblings," he said in a low raspy tone as he shook his head before he turned away and decided to set his mind on something else. It wasnt that he was actively against what Dinah and Eaden had, he just couldnt see the sweet sides of it when they were connected by blood - Which back when he was alive was one of the biggest sins that could be committed. "Was it wise to bring them here?" he asked Ivory with his arms still crossed before looking back at the twins.

Jake looked at Nessa as she leaned closer, listening to her as she listed the things he cared for and wanted through his life. It felt bitter that she seemed to know so much about him, when he didnt know all that much of her. The wolf made him feel like he had known her for forever, but that feeling wasnt bringing him any actual knowledge that he could use to remember her. He had let go of her face as she got to her feet. He looked at her hand for a while, not spending much time evaluating whether to take it or not, he wanted to use the scarce time that he hadnt gotten an answer on yet. He followed her out into the garden, looking around at the work Larry had been doing. He remember how he at first had been angry about it, seeing he had wanted to make the garden pretty to make Kyle proud. But it seemed like he hadnt ever needed the garden to make his father proud. He looked at her as she started telling her story, looking at the pretty flowers as he quietly listened, nodding from time to time. The story seemed a bit too old for this time, but he was trying to fit the pieces together. Though he couldnt find the whole meaning, he looked at her with wondering eyes, "Are you saying we're from the same piece?" he asked, shifting between her eyes. He swallowed hard as she spoke of them as lamb and wolf, knowing deep inside that it was true. Her answer to his question made him frown as he looked at her for a short moment, before he moved away from her like he couldnt believe it, "What?" he asked. "No way, that's like no time at all. You've barely been here and you're already going to leave again?" he asked, shaking his head in disbelief. He looked away, his irises twitching as his mind was running through a dozen new questions that rose from her answer. "What about your parents?" he asked, looking at her. He couldnt imagine what he would have felt like, had it been him.

Vanessa made a short smile as the door was opened, but the way Buffy looked at her made it feel as if someone had poked her in her eyes as hard as they could. Buffy broke down and Vanessa grabbed her and wrapped her arms around her hybrid friend as her own eyes started to water like crazy. She closed her eyes, holding Buffy close as she caressed her upper back, trying her best to make small comforts with her shaky voice - Even though by the looks of it, nothing was going to be alright in the long run. She opened her eyes, keeping Buffy close as she moved into the apartment, closing the door with her foot. She then guided Buffy over to the couch, sitting down with her arm wrapped around her as she stroked her hair. "I'm here for you, alright?" she assured her in a whisper as she gave her hair a small kiss, wanting to absorb all the pain from her friend if she could. She looked up from the blonde hair, feeling a few tears run down her cheeks as she held her close. She didnt need Buffy to explain the situation, it all seemed sort of clear to her, clear enough for her to not want Buffy to relive the memory of having to summarize it all.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyOns Sep 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Ivory didn’t really agree with what Eaden said about Dinah being the strongest of them. She saw her children as strong in their own way, never having meassured them up against each other. His promise made Ivory smile softly, nodding as she saw he meant it. Had Dinah been awake she would have asked her to always be there for her brother as well, but waking her from her rest was perhaps not wise right now. The fact that Eaden even remembered anything from that time made a warm feeling spread in her body, watching and listening to her son speak so candidly. He had come such a long way from the temperamental young boy he once was. She stepped back, feeling Cobbs present by her side as she watched her children. She sighed at his words, shaking her head and looked up at him. ”What they do is not something I can command; Besides, the first borns of angels and demons back in time was siblings as well,” she said, frowning as she knew herself to be far older than anything. However she could not remember if she had been born or simply created. His question made her shrug. ”I didn’t bring them here,” she said, smiling as she looked at her daughter and then her son. ”Together they are quite strong, but I don’t think Dinah could get here on her own – however if Eaden has been here before, then it is possible that he worked as a compass,” Ivory said in a pondering tone. She took a deep breath as she looked on her children, feeling the corner of her lips turn a bit downwards. ”When I get up there, I’ll need to change my looks,” she sighed, looking down as she felt conflicted. On one hand she wanted to remain familiar to her children, but she also had to be mindful that they had their own lives now. ”I wonder what it will be like; If I will understand myself, find a place where I belong,” she said. She knew she couldn’t count on Cobbs staying around her like he was here. He would have his freedom then, have the liberty to roam the world and find his own place as well.

Dinah heard her brother, felt his touch calm her body as she slowly opened her eyes. She felt their foreheads connect, gasping slightly as it felt so strong, but she did not move away. ”Ahuvi,” she said in a vulnerable voice. ”You are hurt, I’m sorry,” she pleaded. She hated herself whenever Eaden felt pain, especially if she had been the one to inflict it on him. The worst was the fact that her brother never seemed to mind, like he would keep walking through an acidic river to help her from drowning. She knew she would do the same for him, but she also didn’t see herself as important as him. Yes, she was the angel of death, but his life mattered more than hers. At least in her own opinion. She moved her head a bit away from him, studying his face as her other hand shakingly touched his lips. ”I didn’t mean to hurt you,” she whispered, feeling herself saddened by the fact she couldn’t keep herself under control. That was when she realised she was not in her room, nor any room for that matter. She sat up, disoriented as her eyes tried to adjust to the vastness of nothingness that surrounded them. Swallowing her eyes carefully wandered, seeing Cobbs first made her think she was in hell, but then she saw her mother. Tears just started falling over her cheeks, rushing forward like waterfalls. E … Eema,” she said sobbing and Ivory was quickly at her daughter’s side, placing a hand on her cheek and removing some tears. ”My little light, I wish you could stay longer,” Ivory said with a sad smile on her lips, reaching forward to kiss Dinah’s forehead. ”I – But we have so many questions,” Dinah argued, clutching Eaden’s hand in hers, squeezing it as if it would help in her argument. ”I know my sweet dove, but it is not safe for you to stay; You need to get back to the land of the living or you will be stuck here,” Ivory said and Dinah bent forward, crying into her mother’s lap. Ivory stroked her daughter’s hair, humming to her as she looked at Eaden. ”Take your sister’s hand, both of you need to focus on going back,” she said as she looked to Cobbs with a pleading look. She knew he could help them back.

”What we once were is not something I know, but I keep getting the feeling of being whole when I’m with you,” she said, shrugging as she herself was at a loss. She only knew what she had access to, and perhaps it was just how things worked. Telling him how long they had together made her just look at his reaction. He was right, they barely had any time, usually she could live a few years before they had to finish what they started, but this time was a brief affair. His questions were valid, but she didn’t really know how to answer. ”Leave?” she chuckled, a sad smile on her lips as she looked out at the flowers. She liked just calling it leave, not dying, it sounded like the chance of coming back. Everything felt so different. Breathing out she shook her head, leaning down to touch a flower’s soft petals, wondering if they would look this pretty in spring as well, or if the sun was more generous with it’s light. ”I don’t know, my father will try and protect me, my mother is not stable enough; I’m afraid she might parish from grief alone,” she said in a sad tone, looking down as she removed her hand from the flower petal and placed it against her chest, feeling her own heart beat. ”Though the wolf do not believe it, they are good people,” she said. ”But you’ll be free from the wolf once this is over; you can go on with your life, live it however you want to,” she said, smiling brightly as she looked at him. Deep down she did not fear death, she feared that Jake would let himself stay in mourning for the rest of his immortal life.

Buffy felt Vanessa hold her, not afraid to lean her weight on to her. Demon’s were strong, and Vanessa was not one to underestimate. She cried, letting it all out as if so many month’s pain and torment was finally let out. The floodgates open, the water flowing freely as she just listened to her friend’s soothing words. How could she even start explaining herself and this state she was in? That was when it hit her, how did Vanessa know to come here? ”How?” Buffy just mumbled through her sobbing.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyOns Sep 04, 2019 9:50 pm

"Had they been mine, I'd have shipped my boy away to some mason to teach him something else than bloody meddling with his own blood," he said, maybe sounding a little more resentful than intended. He wasnt one to scold Ivory for her choices, nor did he want to. He was surprised to hear that it hadnt been her who brought them here, turning his head to look at Eaden. "I see. Your son is full of surprises, it seems," he said before he listened to her talk about changing her looks. He shook his head, "Would be a dumb idea if you want to keep in touch with your children. Which I know you do," he argued looking at her with his typical half smile and wrinkled corners on the unburned eye of his. He knew she longed for them, more than she was showing, so he thought it was a silly thought to change herself to let them have their own life. "Hell, it's not like you being in their lives makes it worse for them," he said before he looked back at the twins. He observed them as Ivory spoke of belonging somewhere, "I'll tell you when I find out myself," he said as Dinah called for her mother.

Eaden shook his head as she apologized, "Dont... I'm fine, I promise," he whispered to her in his own pleading tone. He knew she hadnt tried to hurt him on purpose, so he wasnt even going to start thinking about letting her feel bad. Maybe in the days before when he was resentful of her, maybe then could he have been able to hold a grudge, but it was never for long and never in a greater scale than him being in a irritated mood. But for now he was just happy that he was here with her in this place that seemed comforting yet horrifying at the same time. He didnt like feeling like he belonged here in some way, that feeling of ending up here in the end. He smiled at her whisper and squeezed her hand gently, "I know you didnt. And it doesnt hurt that much anymore, alright? So dont feel bad," he pleaded, placing a few kisses on the back of her hand as he looked at her with a small smile. He helped her as she sat up, holding her arm to keep her steady while she figured out where she was. He moved a little to the side as she saw Ivory, looking up at their mother as Dinah and her reconnected. He stared at them for a bit before he stared into the room, wondering why he was thinking about how Buffy could be doing now. He reached out for Ivory, just placing his hand on her arm to know that she was really there. He was pulled out of his wonder as Ivory spoke to him, frowning a little, "Promise that we'll meet again," he said rather sternly but that was just because he needed to know that this wasnt the last time. Cobbs looked at Ivory, nodding as he went to the kids and shifted between the both of them. "Stay out of trouble," he said as he grabbed a vial alike the one he had used on Baal. Though since none of them had marks, he poured it over their connected hands, before stepping back. "I'll keep an eye on both of you," he said before he looked to Ivory, signaling that she wouldnt have long.

"Well, you'd be leaving earth to go somewhere else," he said, scrunching his face as he didnt exactly know where that else was. He sighed deeply, shaking his head to himself as the thoughts made his stomach twist and turn for some reason. He didnt want her to leave, not then or ever. Her answer to his question made him shake his head again, feeling a little like a bobble head doll at this point by the amount of shaking he had going on. He just couldnt believe this was a reality, it sounded too unfair to him to be real. "They dont deserve that. Isnt there a way around it? To keep you alive?" he asked, looking at her with pleading eyes as he felt his blood boil at the thought of had it been his parents. He knew Kyle had been broken before, but he didnt dare imagine what would happen if his father ever had to endure the loss of a child. It was a cruel thing to Jake. "My life in my present is shit. Why do you think I'm here?" he said as he looked at her with serious eyes as he placed his hands in his pockets. He hadnt really spoken about why he was still hanging out in a time where he wasnt even born yet, but he also had a feeling like he didnt ever want to.

Vanessa sighed at her question, stroking Buffy's shoulder as she pinched her lips while she contemplated whether to tell her or not. But it wasnt like she could lie, even if she wanted to. "He asked me to come here," she said, even though it hadnt been a question. More like yelled in commands, I dont know what was going through his mind, she thought to herself as she lifted a hand up to wipe her cheeks. "To make sure that you were safe, that was what he told me to do," she said, smiling a little even though she felt like crying with her friend. But she knew that even if she felt the sadness in the room like thick air, she had to keep it together. "Now tell me what I can do," she begged.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTors Sep 05, 2019 5:34 am

”But they are not yours,” Ivory reminded the tall brute demon, but she did not sound angry. Maybe it was strange for a mother to accept two of her offspring to be together like hers were, but she had always been rather openminded. ”Remember there was a time when me and Baal’s relationship was shunned as well,” she said, not defending her children, rather explaining that things changed. She swallowed at Cobbs words, because it was true. She wanted to become a part of their lives, wanted to reconnect, but she felt like she had hurt them too much. She didn’t react to Cobbs words, as Dinah called for her, but she did hear them. Eaden’s stern voice made her smile, reminding her so much of Baal. ”I can’t promise I will remember much, but I can promise we will see each other; hopefully very soon, my slice of heaven,” she said with a smile. Cobbs made sure to ready the kids, but Ivory felt her heart break a little. ”Take care of each other; I love you both more than you know,” she said, nodding at Cobbs notion. She touched both twins on their cheeks, rubbing her thumbs over their cheekbones before taking a step back, standing beside the tall demon. She watched her children disappear slowly, and as soon as she was certain they were gone she exhaled in a tremble, closing her eyes to collect herself. ”I hope my place is with my children,” she said in a sad tone, but there was a spark of hope in her voice. She looked to Cobbs, not knowing wether to laugh or cry.

Dinah didn’t want to leave, even though she knew she had to. She just wanted to stay with her mother, but she also knew that she could not put Eaden through that. They had promised each other that everything they did from now on, they did together. She could not afford to be reckless. Eaden made their mother promise, but she wasn’t sure if their mother could keep it. Either way she soon felt herself and her brother being pulled away. The last thing she felt was her mother’s hand on her cheek and Eaden’s hand in hers, then the void disappeared and the living world reappeared. As soon as the transfer of them were complete she let go of Eaden’s hand, wrapping both her arms around the demon and pulled them closer. She didn’t care where they had ended up, she just needed his comfort and to give that comfort in return. She had stopped crying now, but she felt so tired after the whole ordeal. Felt like she could sleep for a hundred years and still wake up tired. ”I’m still sorry,” she mumbled, kissing his chest as she hugged him closer. The angel had few regrets in her life, and all of them was about hurting her brother, the one she held dearest. She had heard Cobbs’ commentary, and usually it didn’t bother her, but it was like after all these years he still couldn’t understand. Their relationship was more than based on flesh, it was based on the need to be there for each other. ”We should find our way back,” she mumbled, even though she didn’t want to let go yet.

Nessa liked the way Jake was thinking, not leaving, but simply moving on to another place. It sounded so comforting. His words were true, they did not deserve this, but how could she change what was meant to happen? ”The only thing besides my death would be the destruction of this world,” she said, chuckling a bit, yet it wasn’t funny. She took his hand, looking at him rather intently. ”There might be something; but it would be too risky; and the times we’ve tried in the past it failed,” she said, looking down as she frowned. His words about his present made her look back at him, giving his hand a squeeze before he removed his hands to place them in his pockets. Nessa took a step closer, looking in to his eyes as she shook her head as if she could read his mind, but she couldn’t. However she could sense something was wrong. ”If you want us to find a different route than the one laid out for us to follow, I’m willing to try,” she said, trying to be reassuring of his wish. Sadly she had very little hope for it to work, but time would tell.

Buffy didn’t know what to think of it all, it was like all of her worries coming together to scared the life from her body. Baal had asked her? Why wasn’t he here himself? And then to make sure that she was safe? She felt her head shake, felt like she wanted to crawl back into a ball. She didn’t want to go back to that numb feeling she had felt without him. She simply couldn’t live with that, even if she had Nessa, Buffy didn’t feel like she could be the mother that the little miracle deserved. Buffy sniffled a bit at Vanessa’s beg, looking at her friend as she tried to dry her eyes. ”Is it ever like this with you and Ethan?” she asked, wanting to cry again, but she was afraid she would soon run out of tears. ”Like your heart is being pulled at it’s strings, trying to force it out of place?” she whispered, not knowing how to describe the feeling besides pure pain. There was nothing on this Earth that she loved more than Baal, nothing else that seemed to heal her when she was broken. Soulmates, sure it could be a way of describing it, but it wasn’t what Buffy thought of when she thought of her demon. Her demon. Even thinking that made it hurt in her chest, bending forward clutching her heart as she started crying again. Would he truly leave her? Was that why he just went out the door without looking back? So that she could not look at him with pleading eyes perhaps? ”Please just … Don’t leave,” she said through her sobbing.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTors Sep 05, 2019 6:58 pm

"That is true," he agreed with her as he made a small half smile. "Pretty sure it would have been different, hadnt he been the lord cunt-demon that had torn cities apart and crushed families like they were ants," Cobbs argued as he looked at Ivory. Yet he understood what she meant, looking back at the twins as he exhaled deeply through his nose like a huff.
"We just need to see you," he pleaded, even though if he had to wish that one of their parents would forget the past, it wouldnt have been Ivory he wished that upon. He wanted to fight Cobbs, but the brute had already done what he had to do before Eaden could stop it. He looked up at Ivory with sad eyes as he felt her hand on his cheek. There was so much more he wanted to know, wanted to say. He reached out for her as he felt himself disappear from limbo, but he was gone before he even got to reach his mother. He looked around as they were back to the living, sighing deeply as he looked at his hand that was holding Dinah's. The liquid that Cobbs had poured over them, was gone, there was no sign of them ever having been there. He touched his cheek, feeling Dinah let go as they were fully back into this world. He let her wrap herself around him, placing his hands around her as well as he felt her pull him closer. He placed his cheek in her hair, closing his eyes as he just took in the comfort from being close to her. "If I say I forgive you, will it make you feel better?" he asked, even though he believed there wasnt anything to forgive. She hadnt meant to hurt him, he knew that, he knew her. He smiled a little at her mumble, kissing her hair as she didnt exactly let go to do what she was suggesting. He moved his hands to grab her arms to move them up around his neck as he then lifted her up into his embrace, "Then let's go," he said as he kissed her temple before he started walking. He just had to find a street sign, then he'd know where they were, as long as it was in the city that was.
Cobbs looked at Ivory, nodding at her words. "I know your children. I've seen them grow in hell. Your place is with them, if anything. But you do have to find your own place as well," he said rather sure of his words as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

He listened to her, frowning a little as she chuckled, shaking his head, "How can one person hold a burden like that on their own?" he wondered in a mumble but he wasnt going to stop her from talking. It was like she threw out the small fleeting shimmer of hope that he needed to not feel like he was being crushed by the weight of the things that weighed his mind so heavily. Another way? Even if it had failed in the past, did it mean that it had to this time? Every time had to be different, he thought to himself, knowing he was just trying to blow up fire in a flame that had died out long ago. She stepped closer and he looked at her with these sad eyes of his, like all reason to smile had left him. He took a deep breath as she spoke, nodding as he looked at her, "It's worth the try," he assured her as he pulled out a hand from his pocket only to grab hers. He looked up at the sky and frowned a little, "It has to be," he mumbled to himself, just staring up at the sky as he held her hand. He wanted to yell at the sky for it's injustice but for now he just stood there, yelling in his mind.

She smiled a little sad at Buffy’s words as she then nodded. “Everytime that I have to go away from him, not knowing when I’ll be back,” she said as she made a small sob at her own words. “It feels like not being able to breathe, or function. The unknown of when I’d see him again,” she shook her head and dried her cheeks for the oncoming tears that had occurred at the memory of leaving. She rubbed Buffy's shoulder with her thumb, trying to think of something comforting to say, just anything really. "I dont think he has the intention of leaving you, he didnt seem like it" she said in a calmer matter than before, sincerely meaning it as she made sure to keep her arms around Buffy to let her feel safe. Most of what she was doing to comfort was something she had gotten from Ethan, but if that worked on Buffy as well, only time would tell. "I promise to stay as long as you need me to. That's what friends do, right? Stick around, even when things are pretty shitty," she said, sounding a little more optimistic, but it was more to fish a smile out of the hybrid, just a tiny one. A knock on the door was heard and Vanessa lifted her eyes with suspicion as she sat there for a bit looking at the door. "I'll get it," she said, knowing it couldnt be him, why would he be knocking on the door to his own house? She rose from the sofa, walking over to the door as she looked through the peephole, frowning a little in confusion.
"There's a woman out there looking a lot like you," she said, looking back at Buffy before looking back at the peephole. She jumped as the woman knocked again, opening the door to look at the woman. The woman looked at Vanessa for a bit like she was having some inner debate with herself before she stepped past the demon to walk into the living room, her arm seemingly covered up by something underneath her long sleeve, like she recently bandaged it. She looked at Buffy, before her eyes seemed to well up and a big smile spread on her lips, "Oh my god," she said before she hurried over to the couch, to pull Buffy up into her arms. "They said I wasnt allowed to go see you," she mumbled into the hybrid's shoulder as she shook her head, "Like any punishment could hold me from seeing my favorite niece," she said with a little smile as she pulled back to look at Buffy. It was then she noticed the tears and the sadness. "Boadicea? What's happened?" she asked with worried eyes.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTors Sep 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Ivory sighed, not liking the language the demon was using about her former love. She could not decide wether he should speak, he had every right to speak his mind. That was a thing she liked about the brute demon. Cobbs was right. She needed to find her own place as well as her place with her children. However the balance could be a hard one to manage.

Dinah nodded at her brother’s words, smiling at him as she felt at ease in his arms. Letting him move her limbs around she suddenly felt herself being lifted by him. She wanted to kiss him, pull him close and just know that he had truly forgiven, but she also knew they needed to get back. Back to Buffy, to check on Nessa – It was like their life kept adding people to care about at a rapid rate. She looked around, seeing if something sounded familiar, but Dinah was not well versed in Gaia yet, she barely knew her way around on a world map. She still felt tired, but having him carrying her felt nice. It felt safe, so she simply rested her head against his shoulder. ”She looked the same,” she said after they had been walking for a while. Dinah kept her arms around Eaden’s neck, looking ahead as she spoke. ”I just wish we could’ve taken her with us,” she said, frowning. It was stupid to think that they could do anything but wait, but she had hoped to help her mother. Maybe gain some understanding to why their father was acting like he was.

”I don’t really have a choice, do I?” she replied his question with another question. However she did not expect a reply. He took her hand, looking up to the sky and she felt herself simply looking at him. Taking in how he looked in the evening sun, spreading it’s last rays of heat before going away for the night to appear. ”Do you love me, Jake?” she asked suddenly and quite bluntly. Breathing out she shook her head, knowing it was silly, but she felt so strongly about him. ”And not because the wolf in you told you so,” she added, knowing that part of him cared for her without question. It was strange, feeling her heart beat faster whenever she was with Jake, it didn’t feel like anything she had felt before, not even in the past memories of the lamb. Nessa shook her head, removing her hand from his and took a step away from him. She shouldn’t be doing this, not if he were to be the one to end her life in the end. That would be yet another burden to put on him. Even if she felt love for him, she couldn’t ask that of him. ”Don’t mind me, I’m not thinking straight,” she said smiling apologetic to him.

Buffy listened to Vanessa explain, feeling like she herself experienced what she described. Frowning at the statement that Baal wouldn’t leave her, she shook her head. ”I’ve pushed him away, thinking it would help, but I’m afraid he has had enough,” she whispered, wiping away her tears. It was nice having Vanessa there, and she did manage to get a small smile out of the hybrid in the end. How could she reply? She knew she would be there for Vanessa if she needed her, but she was still so grateful to her friend for doing this. Soon there was a knock at the door, making Buffy frown. Vanessa got up, and Buffy hardly knew what to say as her friend said who was at the door. It didn’t take long for the door to open and as soon as Buffy saw her aunt she was perplexed. ”Auntie Leona,” she said, soon feeling the familiar arms around her. She was afraid she would never see her family again. Her father had some contact with her, but it was mostly through letters, and he only did so because Nessa appeared to be human. She just listened, but didn’t really hear anything as Leona pulled back Buffy felt at a pure loss. ”So many things,” she said in a broken voice. There were so many things she wanted to tell, so many things she wanted to share at once. She felt herself close to breaking down again, but she felt herself stronger with her friend and aunt there. Buffy closed her eyes, taking a few trembling breaths before opening her eyes to look at Vanessa. ”Auntie, this is my dearest friend Vanessa – Vanessa, this is my aunt Leona,” she introduced them.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyTors Sep 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Eaden walked with Dinah in his arms as he found a street sign. He nodded a little to himself as he knew exactly where to go now. He was tired enough to want to go home, but his mind knew it wouldnt find rest if they didnt go to check up on people. He listened to Dinah speak of their mother, nodding as he agreed. "I dont remember her exactly, but she looked very familiar to what I remember," he said as he rubbed his cheek against her hair as he kept walking. "Me too," he said as he moved his eyes ahead. "It would feel less complicated if she was here with us," he added. He walked for a bit, just thinking of how thankful he was to have her back in his arms again, but he was also worried of the things their mother had spoken off, about her abilities. He twitched his eyebrows in surprise as he seemed to catch something with his eyes ahead, moving a little faster as he suddenly stopped. "Was that? Father's beast?" he wondered in a mumble before he looked around.
He saw the beast again, running towards it, as it seemed to turn to an alley. He stopped at the alley, looking around before walking in. He turned to see his father sitting up against the wall, his shirt ripped apart with a few burn marks around his chest at the form of a hand. "Father?" he asked as he frowned deeply. Baal looked up at them, feeling himself rather weak as he looked away. "Leave me," he told them as the hound walked up to him, lying down next to him. He touched it's head even though his movements seemed slowed. "Find Buffy," he told them as he looked back up at them. He didnt care much for himself, he just wanted to be sure that Buffy was fine. "Buffy? What do you mean?" - "Just find her Eaden!" he quickly snapped, which was rather unlike him. Eaden just stared at him for a bit before he scoffed. "I'm not doing it because you told me to, but because she's nice," he said in a irritated tone before he looked at Dinah, trying to piece what was seemingly going on together.

"Isnt the point of living that we have choices?" he argued with a raised eyebrow, but even if he meant that it had to be that way, didnt mean it actually was that way. He looked up at the sky feeling her eyes on him, yet he was caught up in his mind. Her question took him a while to take in, before he looked at her in surprise, "Love you?" he mumbled, her addition making him feel more confused. Sure the wolf had changed some feelings in him, but he refused to believe that what he was feeling was solely based on that. She shook her head, moving away which made him frown as he looked at her. He looked down at his hand that felt so empty now, looking back up at her like he was expecting an explanation for the sudden change. She had been so loving and caring, and now she was backing away? She spoke of not thinking straight which he could agree on on his own behalf. But he had felt that way ever since the wolf appeared, feeling like he was only half himself now. He stepped closer to her as he looked into her eyes. "I dont know what I'm feeling," he said truthfully as he placed a hand on her cheek. "But I dont want to let you go," he added as he sighed deeply and shook his head. It was annoying him that he couldnt answer her question, but he knew that whatever he was feeling was something more than he probably should have. She was there when his heart was broken, but she wasnt just some quickfix that made it go away for the next to step up to. "I'm getting there," he said as he looked at her with searching eyes.

Leona felt overly joyful at the sight of her niece. She had been gone so long and it seemed like she had missed a lot in that time that she wished she hadnt. She nodded at Buffy’s words, frowning in a sad expression at the broken tone. She could feel how different she had become, that she wasnt just a human anymore. She felt the unholy power mixed with her soul, making her feel a little confused about it all - Yet there were more pressing matters at hand from what she could sense of it all. “I’m sorry I havent been here, but I'm here now” she said in a sad tone as she held Buffy’s shoulders loosely, not quite feeling ready to break contact. She looked to Vanessa as they were introduced, smiling a little even though she wasnt so fond of demons. She simply nodded were she normally would have offered a hand, “Hello dearest friend of Boadicea,” she said with a small smile, Vanessa returned the greeting with a nod and a welcoming smile - Even though she wasnt that good at meeting new people when she was so heavily affected by negative emotions. Leona finally let go of Buffy as she walked out into the kitchen to fetch some cups. She stuck the teabags in a ceramic kettle before touching the kettle with the water, pouring it in the kettle as it was still steamy. “She looks scaringly much like you,” Vanessa said in surprise, having as little family as she did, she hadnt seen many family members with such similarity. “Well, it was hard for my parents to tell my sister and I apart when we were really young, even though I was older than her" Leona explained as she walked back in with the tea kettle to place it on the table, clenching her jaw a little as she lowered the kettle. Vanessa raised her eyebrows a little as she noticed, "You alright?" she asked. Leona chuckled and shook her head, like it was nothing, "I got hurt on my last run, but it's nothing bad," she assured her with a smile as she sat down on the couch, clapping it as she looked at Buffy. "Let's talk," she said.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyFre Sep 06, 2019 11:12 am

Dinah nodded at her brother’s words, he was right that if their mother had been there, so many things would fall into place. She noticed his focus change and followed his gaze. She didn’t get to see anything before it appeared once more. Dinah held herself close to Eaden as he started running, only to stop as he turned down an alley. She saw her father, the marks on his chest made her worry as she gestured for Eaden to put her down. She went to her father, kneeling down to inspect the burnt marks. ”Who did this?” she asked, but she had a feeling like she already knew. It was someone with holy power in their blood. ”Father, you need to stop playing hero,” she mumbled, touching the burnt marks carefully, hopefully being able to remove some of the holy that still lingered in them. She moved to her feet, helping Baal up with her. ”Go on ahead Ead, I’ll follow shortly, I promise,” she said, looking at her brother with pleading eyes. Dinah didn’t want to leave her father behind, he needed healing as well as souls. She felt awful for having judged him so harshly earlier, it had been something inside her wanting to pass judgement on him. ”I’m sorry for my harsh words,” she said as she helped Baal down the street. She hoped she could manage to bring him home, looking at the beast that was sure to follow it’s master.

Nessa felt stupid for asking, she felt like it wasn’t her place, but she had such a hard time fighting the feelings in her chest. Jake had mentioned always having a choice and it made her wonder. If she were to live, could she give Jake the simple life he dreamed of? Could she truly make him happy, or was that just something she hoped to do? His words was like a slow burn; of course he didn’t know what he was feeling, she was just acting silly. Nessa knew so much and yet so little. The hand on her cheek made her look into his calming blue eyes. He didn’t want to let go, and she didn’t want to either. She moved her hand up to rest above the one he had on her cheek, pressing it closer as she hungered for his touch. She swallowed, feeling like she should have kept her mouth shut, should have just been quiet. Getting there? She didn’t know what that meant, but it made her heart beat faster, leaning closer to him. She couldn’t help herself, she felt like she couldn’t stop even if she wanted to. Her lips were trembling as she finally placed a kiss against his lips, feeling her being at rest as their lips touched. However she moved away shortly after, placing a hand over her heart as she looked down. ”I love you Jake,” she simply said, not wanting anything to be left unsaid.

Buffy didn’t know what to say. She felt like her aunt was in conflict with the demon inside her, but perhaps her human part was strong enough to withstand the disrupt. The hybrid barely knew what to say, looking after Leona as she moved to the kitchen. What scared her the most was the fact that her aunt had not seemed to age. At the mention of her mother she looked down, missing her every day didn’t make it easier, and perhaps that was why she wanted to be there for Nessa always. She noticed her aunt struggle with the kettle, grabbing her arm as she looked at the bandages. ”This does not look like a sprain,” she said, swallowing as her eyes turned to look at Leona’s. She removed her grip, taking the kettle to pour for her, and leaned back in her seat. She looked at Vanessa, wondering what was going on. Talk they should. ”You know I am shunned by our family; The reason being I am to marry a demon and I have a child with him,” Buffy said, but she felt unsure of wether a wedding would ever take place. She looked down into her tea. ”The Marquardts have a long history of exterminating evil beings, but you know I was always keen on asking questions; serves me only right to have fallen for a demon,” she said, a sad smile on her lips. She took Vanessa’s hand, needing some support in all of this, because she knew her family was not easily persuaded. ”But they are not all forsaken, for I have found so much more love with demons than I have with my own family,” she said, feeling herself well up again.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyFre Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Baal sighed at Dinah's question, looking away as she was inspecting them, "It was an angel, I believe. At first I thought it could have been Boadicea from the similarity, but it wasnt. She caught me as I was returning from hell, less keen on letting me explain as soon as she saw the hound," he explained as he looked up at Dinah. He leaned his head back on the wall as she told him to stop playing hero, scoffing with a little smile as he shook his head, "I'll be fine. The hound got a hold of her arm and dragged her away before she could end me," he said, drawing in a sharp inhale as she touched the marks, as it wasnt exactly pleasant to have them touched. Eaden looked at Dinah, frowning a little worried as he then nodded. "Fine. Dont be too far behind," he said as he turned and started running for the apartment. He knew it would take a while, but he was just hoping that his father's worry was just a worry.
Baal let Dinah help him to his feet, resting his arm over her shoulders, even though it felt weird to be supported by someone as short as his daughter. She apologized and he made a small smile, "Sometimes harsh words are needed. But I do wish that I could have gotten some time to explain it all," he said as he glanced at her. He made a sharp inhale as the odd movements werent soft on his wounds, "I cant shake her appearance out of my mind," he suddenly said after a while of walking, lifting a hand to rub his forehead a little. "The resemblance alone," he looked up and had these worried eyes. He shook his head, trying to keep his worries at a low.

Jake looked at Nessa as she placed her hand over his that rested on her cheek. His eyes turned a little vulnerable as he explained that he was getting there, knowing it was vague and at the same time promising of something that was uncertain. She moved closer and he knew it would have been wiser to move away, the wolf in him snarling in his mind as a warning. This was danger, it would complicate everything the wolf had tried to make him understand. She kissed him and the surprise alone made him lift his hand like he was going to hold her head, yet his hand didnt get to touch the back of her head, just being lifted up behind her, needing those last few inches to feel her beautiful white strands in his palm. She moved away and he swallowed hard as he shifted between her eyes, listening to her words. "Nessa.." he said but he wasnt sure what to say after. He closed his mouth, pinching his lips as he placed his hand on the back of her head before he pressed his nose gently to hers, nuzzling it against her soft skin, "Not one without the other," he mumbled, unsure why he felt those words now stronger than ever.

Leona was a bit surprised by the fact that Buffy grabbed her bad arm, barring her teeth slightly in pain as she looked at her niece, "It's not a sprain, but it's nothing bad, it will heal," she assured Buffy with serious eyes, though she quickly smiled to remove some of the sternness that had been to her tone. Vanessa pinched her lips shortly as she wanted to shrug but she wasnt sure if the angel would take lightly to that. She sat down next to Buffy listening as they had their conversation. Leona narrowed her eyes a little as Buffy unfolded the reason the family had pushed her away and seemingly cut their ties - She wasnt really sure what to think of it, as she hadnt met that many demons that were kind-hearted. But Leona as narrowminded as she could seem, there was one thing certain - And that was that she always wanted both sides when it was regarding someone she cared for, even if she didnt agree with it. She nodded at her words about their family, Vanessa just frowned a little as she tried to understand. When Buffy grabbed her hand, she clutched her fingers around her to let her know she was there. Leona let her finish as she grabbed her tea to lean back in the couch, her eyes moving away from Buffy with a thoughtful neutral expression on her face as she seemed to think it through. Vanessa placed her other hand over Buffy's as she gave it a tiny squeeze with a smile on her lips. Leona turned her eyes to Buffy and made a small sad smile as she placed her tea on the table, grabbing her free hand, "Boadicea. Even if I dont agree with the choices you have made, I could never resent you or shun you for them," she said as her smile grew to something a little more hopeful, "I'll agree that our family had not been too keen on accepting changes. I myself find a hard time accepting change. But ever since I've gotten this holy power in my hand, it's easier to distinguish which demons to hunt and which to leave alone," she explained, hoping to show Buffy that she was somewhat trying. She could never befriend or love a demon, but she had gotten to a point where she could accept a co-existence as long as the demon didnt act on the evil inside of it. "I was told very little of what had happened to you. But I can assure you that what I'm feeling in our hands isnt an evil soul," she said as she looked into Buffy's green eyes.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 EmptyFre Sep 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Dinah knew that angels and demons had always been in a war with each other, even if they lived rather peaceful now, it was just a matter of time before they would have to fight each other once more. She exhaled, nodding at her father’s explanation, however it seemed weird that the angel would look like Buffy. Perhaps her father was just a bit delusional after his trip to limbo? She knew she felt tired and worn out. She gave Eaden a reassuring nod as she watched him run off. She didn’t like being apart from him like this, but she also knew that it was easier for them to split up and make things work that way. She helped her father, even though she was rather small compared to his tall stature, she was doing her best. ”I know, I guess I was just confused and angry at you leaving Nessa and Buffy … Perhaps because I was afraid to see my fears be true,” she said breathing out. It was strange, she felt so connected to her father in a way she rarely did others. Of course she had a connection with Eaden, one stronger and deeper than anything else, but what she got from her father was some of her life that she felt was missing. Perhaps it was true that knowing where and who you came from could help you understand yourself. His father kept on rambling about the angel, and Dinah had to take a break, leaning against a house wall as she caught her breath. ”You worry so much all the time; don’t you ever get sick of it?” Dinah asked, though she knew she worried too, it never seemed at the same scale as her father.

Nessa felt his hand in her hair, felt his warmth sprea whereever he touched her skin. Pulling away had been the right thing to do, that was what she knew from the lamb, but she just wanted to pull him close again. Life seemed to have so much to offer, and when she looked at Jake she just wanted to see him smile and laugh. Wanted to see him be happy, even if it wasn’t with her. She looked down, feeling a bit ashamed of her rash actions, but hearing him call her name made her look at him. His hand moved to the back of her head, his nose touched hers in such a gentle motion. The words he spoke made her smile as she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him close. ”All sparks kindle new flames,” she whispered, hugging him close as she felt herself safe in his arms. She knew that if she were to die, she wanted it to be in his arms. There, she would have nothing to fear, no pain to be felt. ”Why wouldn’t you see me for such a long time?” she whispered, looking up at him with confused eyes. He always seemed to want to pull her close and stay with her when they finally saw each other. Had he been keeping his distance for a reason?

Buffy narrowed her eyes at her aunt, confused as she seemed to feel something familiar about the hurting arm. What was it? It was like she knew what had caused it, yet she could not put words to it. Vanessa was all she needed right now to know she was right about her choices. If she had not changed her way, she wouldn’t have had such a wonderful friend in her life. She let her aunt speak, not wanting to interrupt. Buffy had learned from a young age not to interrupt when elders were speaking, but when she reached her teenage years, Leona had been there for her. Getting the stake had put a huge amount of responsibility on the young girl’s shoulders, and even now she was hesitant to use it’s power. By the rules, Nessa would be able to inherit the stake, but Buffy didn’t want to put that burden on her beloved child. As her aunt spoke of souls Buffy looked down, frowning. Why had the young werewolf seen her soul as darkened and her aunt not seeing it as evil? She felt so confused. ”I’m not even sure I know what happened to me,” she confessed. Of course she knew the key points, but how it happened and what she was now she did not know. ”But he did it because he couldn’t face the rest of his life without me,” she whispered, not really too keen on using Baal’s name right now. She breathed out, her breath trembling a bit as she looked down in to her tea. ”I was dying, auntie – I don’t remember much besides slipping away, but suddenly I woke up in his arms,” she said, feeling a bit choked up at speaking about it. Mostly because she hadn’t really put words to it since it happened.”I thought for a second that the heavens had given him mercy, that I had died and he had followed me; but the pain in my chest was nearly unbearable,” she said, looking down as she felt confused about that period of time. She finally looked back at her aunt, knowing she had changed as well. "I don’t remember much of the months following besides small things, like waking up in the middle of the night in a nightmarish fever state,” she said, swallowing as she didn’t like remembering it. Buffy looked to Vanessa with a sad smile. ”Without Vanessa I don’t think I would have ever really understood that I could still live my life like I used to; She made sure I got myself to school, and even signed me up for some online courses as well,” she chuckled, giving Vanessa’s hand a squeeze. She was so grateful for the friend she had in the young demon, knew that they were meant to be friends from the first time seeing her.
[/color]
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Unsettling news - Boadicea   Unsettling news - Boadicea - Page 2 Empty

Unsettling news - Boadicea
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 2 af 3Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» This isnt what it looks like - Boadicea
» So this was unexpected - Boadicea (cw)
» Something's completely off - Boadicea
» I cant fight the darkness in me - Boadicea
» There was that one guy from star wars about sand - Boadicea (cw)

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Southside :: Southside Centrum :: Bymidten :: Bolig områderne-
Gå til: