Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Serendipity.

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Jalen

Jalen

Humør : If speaking kindly to plants makes them grow, imagine what speaking kindly to people does.
Fag : Philosophy, History, Astronomy, Biotechnology, Fairy magic.
Antal indlæg : 25

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 5:52 pm

Place: Grounds of Lily, Centrum.
Time: 22.02.
Weather: The sun is setting, creating the most beautiful light in the sky.
Surroundings: Very quiet at this time of the day.
Outfit
Dedicated to: @Ayah

Jalen had made his way to Grounds of Lily. it was late to make such a trip, but it was necessary for what he was searching for. He had been told of a special place around there, where the flowers would bloom late at night and attract all kinds of insects. It was told to be completely breath-taking, and he wanted to explore it for himself. But now that he was here, he had no idea where to look. It was not because he had gotten complete directions. He moved towards some bushes. No special places there. But there was a small bird. Even if he was not an animal fairy, he still felt the appreciation of all animals. He knew the eco-system would not work without them. "Hi there, little friend." The bird chirped happily before flying away. He decided to move further up the mountain, hoping to find it up there.

Jalen knew the flowers were supposed to have the most beautiful purple color. Once they bloomed, they should smell extremely sweet and both butterflies, fireflies and a bunch more insects would find there way to the deliciously smelling flower. He stopped by the edge of a cliff. The sun was setting, and that in itself was a beautiful sight to behold. He found some peace and tranquil by watching the beautiful view.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Ayah

Ayah

Humør : “How many times have you typed “I’m fine.” with shaky fingertips and bloodshot eyes?”
Antal indlæg : 133

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Outfit: Link

Ayah had spent most of the day with her younger sister Mariella, which had been rather lovely before Ella had needed to go. Then Ayah had taken it upon herself to cook some dinner before then going on an evening trip. One could argue if Ayah should go out this late, the sun was staying up so late lately, how could she not take advantage of being able to see perhaps another lovely sunset. She let out a soft sigh as she hiked up closer to the edge of a cliff to catch the best view, of course she could have used the winds to move her faster up there, but she appreciated the journey, so she didn't mind.

Reaching the cliff, she realized she wasn't the only one who had gotten the idea of this sightseeing. Stopping a bit further away, narrowing her eyes by him standing looking over at the sun setting. He was a fairy too, she could tell rather quickly by his magical aura, knowing it busted her being there as well rather fast. "I see I'm not the only one who had an idea of trying to catch the sunset," she then spoke with a soft smile playing on her lips. Maybe she should just turn around and head home, but she wanted to stay a moment longer, feeling as if she should know the person in front of her - and yet not.
Jalen

Jalen

Humør : If speaking kindly to plants makes them grow, imagine what speaking kindly to people does.

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Jalen enjoyed moments like these. Where everything could just slow down, and he didn’t have to think, act or do anything at all. He could just be. It was in his nature to be united with the natural world. It was hard to do so, when people kept building and building. But when he had moments like this, he knew it would be okay. He was far from the only person, who wanted to preserve the nature. He sensed the magical aura coming closer. He didn’t think much of it. A lot of people would likely come to watch the extraordinary sunset.

He turned his head when she spoke. ”You are not,” he agreed. He took a step to the side, so there was plenty of room for her as well. There was a distinct familiarity over her, but he had trouble finding out how. Distant memories of his past became present in his mind. He was not able to unscramble them just yet. But she had surely caused his mind to race in order to place her. ”Such phenomenon should not be enjoyed alone. Please,” he gestured to the place besides him.
Ayah

Ayah

Humør : “How many times have you typed “I’m fine.” with shaky fingertips and bloodshot eyes?”

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 7:30 pm

He gestured her to come closer and enjoy the sunset beside him, and she took a second longer than she liked before moving one foot in front of the other and walk up beside him. She took a deeper breath in, and then exhaled looking at all the colors the night sky painted, it was magnificent to watch. It was like peace could finally wash over her for the time she stood here, and she didn't have to think to much of the things she had lost. The time she had lost. "It's breath taking," she shook her head a bit. Then tilting her head a little bit letting a softer giggle leave her lips watching some birds fly in pairs across the sky, making it look like one of these rare scenes they caught on movies, making every single second worthwhile watching. "I don't reckon I've seen you around these parts, or perhaps - I don't know, there is something strangely familiar about you," she pressed her brows a bit more thoughtful together and turned her head towards him. If it wasn't for her various of traumas and the latest events perhaps her mind could place him, but since he wasn't someone she remembered as a threat it was harder for her to recall good times or small happenings than the ones that had shaped her life.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 8:18 pm

Jalen hadn’t forgotten her. But it had been a long time since seeing her. Such things as voices and faces became lost, if enough time passed. But her gestures, her words, were still in his memories. He stood there, watching her as she moved closer. He completely forgot about the sunset. He was wrecking his brain to place her. It wasn’t until she spoke of the view, that he turned his gaze back. He smiled when he saw the birds flying together. It was almost too perfect to be real. His gaze fell back to her, when she looked at him as well. ”I feel the same,” he admitted. Then the images in his mind seemed to align. ”I think it has something to do with a ring.” He looked at her thoughtfully. ”I think you helped me find a ring many years ago.” He was still not completely certain it was her. He did feel bad about not meeting up with her as they agreed, but things had gotten in the way. He tried searching for her after, but he was unable to find her. Until now, it would seem. ”Jalen Murphy.” He reached his hand forward to formally introduce himself again.
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 8:46 pm

"Oh yeah, the ring guy I remember," she chuckled a little bit, he had stood her up afterwards - or what you called, perhaps she had been a bit bitter about it back then, but it was such a long time ago. Her life had been turned upside down so many times after it had been washed away. "Ayah Minerva," she took his hand and gave his a firm shake before letting go. "Don't worry I will not have your head for not showing up, it seems like this world is incredible small and big at the same time sometimes," she pressed her brows a bit together shortly. It really was. What was the chance of meeting people whom you never thought you would see again? Ayah knew it was a dumb question, she lived the life of unexpected events and meeting people whom she thought was out of her life. "What brings you in the area, or have you been around for long and I just have completely not noticed you?"she asked curiously, not that she had returned to Athena other than a few years ago by now. And it was a huge region, not seeing each other was meant to be possible.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Jun 21, 2022 8:56 pm

His explanation seemed to jog her memory. Luckily she didn’t seem to be holding a grudge of what happened back then. It had also been a long time. He doubted anyone would be able to hold a grudge for so long. He shook her hand and then let his hand fall down his side. ”I’m appreciative,” he responded with a slight smile. He agreed with her statement. He was sure seeing her again, was never going to happen. He had let go of the hope of coming across her, a long time ago. Mostly he had just wanted to apologize for leaving her in such a way. ”It truly is.” He returned his gaze to the sunset. It was strange to think of what else could happen in this world. ”I have been living in Moonlight Falls for many years now. I have not come around here a whole lot. A shame, really. To have missed out on such beauty.” He sighed blissfully, as the sun kept sliding down, out of sight. He looked back at her. ”I would like to explain myself, if you don’t mind.”
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyOns Jun 22, 2022 4:36 am

She nodded a bit. Her fairy village had been placed in the forest near Moonlight falls for over 700 years when her aunt and uncle had gotten through the portal from Wonderland. Had made a place of living in the forest and let so many other fairies come close and call the place home, only for the hunters wo have burned it down and killed everyone brutally last year. The reminder was like hundred stabs in her heart, remembering the screams, how the fire had tried to consume even her, still lucky to have escaped that night. "Would be a shame if I said I hadn't been busy so myself," she clicked her tongue a little bit, then turning her head towards him as he said he wanted to explain himself, making her raise her brow a little. It was far from the most people who wanted to explain their course of action, these days people just went on with their lives, not caring much about the damage they left behind. She gave him a slight nod to let him give the room to explain what had happened.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyOns Jun 22, 2022 10:52 am

Jalen knew that many years would change a person. She was not the same woman he met back then. However, she seemed to be struggling with something. He couldn’t put his finger on how, but something about her, told him she was feeling sad. Perhaps it was in her aura, or just her expression. He nodded softly to her words. He understood how it was. When you could be so wrapped up in things, that you forgot to pause and appreciate the small things in life. There was a lot to enjoy, but many people never stopped to do so. ”I suppose that is just how life is. Us forgetting to enjoy it at times.” He looked at her and thought how to explain it all. He didn’t want to make it feel like an excuse, because it was not that. Just an explanation. ”As you know, the ring was for my sister. The people in our village back then villainized her. We had to flee. I tried to find you, but I couldn’t.” He was sure that what hardship he might have caused her, was nothing to her now. But he didn’t feel right not at least apologizing. ”I apologize, if I caused you any harm.”
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyOns Jun 22, 2022 5:22 pm

There was a sad truth to his words, sometimes you forgot to appreciate the ups in life when you focused too much on the bad. Ayah had been dancing with one of her ghosts for some time, and it wasn't really till she had found an anchor, a reason to fight once again that she had tried once again: just one more time to focus on the good things. But it was hard. However, meeting the children whom she thought she had lost, getting to know them. It was supposed to fill her with joy, and it did, but it was also a hollow sorrow from knowing for over a hundred years, someone had kept them from her. She had never seen them grow up, she had missed every single thing. That thought alone tore her heart out that someone possessed such evil to take a child from their mother, and then to it twice. Worst of it, she was alone. Not completely alone, but people had their own lives.

Ayah exhaled softly as he started to talk, she remembered he needed a ring to numb his sister's magical abilities. She had never asked what type of powers his sister possessed, Ayah rarely asked too many questions when people were brave enough to ask for help. She helped, her blessing and a curse to believe in the best of everyone, how many times it had should have taught her a lesson or two not to. "You tried to find me?" It was perhaps what surprised her the most, her lips even pulled up in a bit of a bigger smile. Then she shook her head and made a small wave like movement with her hand, "nothing I couldn't handle," she confessed. Of course there had been questions, people thinking she had helped them escape.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyOns Jun 22, 2022 7:33 pm

Jalen had perhaps been a bit privileged in his life. He had not faced so much hardship, it made it hard for him to continue. He had always had a reason to live. It saddened him, that not everyone had that. He wouldn’t begin to assume what anyone else was feeling, but he had gotten a small talent for finding people in need of a person to lean on. It was practically a side business for him at this point. Luckily, he got some of the best relationships from such situations. He felt like Ayah might just be such a person. He watched her with a careful look in his eyes. He would hate to overstep his bounds, but not helping someone in need seemed wrong and inhumane.

He nodded. ”I wanted to at least apologize and make sure you were okay. The village was a little wild after we left.” He had worried something had happened to her. Even if he didn’t know her very well, he still had a lot of respect and compassion for her. She had helped him, leaving her behind was one of the biggest regrets in his life. He smiled softly. ”I am happy to hear,” he said and looked around. ”If you are well-known around here, perhaps you can help me. I am looking for a place my colleague told me about. She said it was an area near a Fagus sylvatica purpurea and a-“ He paused himself, realizing she might not know the scientific name of plants and trees. ”Sorry, a copper beech tree and a rose bush.” He hoped she knew the place. He really wanted to see it.
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptySøn Jun 26, 2022 11:09 am

If she was okay, to be fair she wasn't. But she wasn't drowning in her own emptiness either. She was walking on the thin line of good and bad, where the scale was threatening every single day to skip either way. He wasn't the first person who had left her behind, and Ayah was sure he wasn't the last. That was where her kindness and trust got her most of the times. Ayah lifted her brow when he asked if she perhaps could help him find something. Now, Ayah knew the scientific terms of plants and trees, at least some of them, she had gotten very in touch with her gardening after she had been reunited with her biological mother after almost 700 years. "Oh I know that place," she hummed a little bit. Her mother had created it. Classic Juniper Avalon to create some magical like events in nature around her. "Follow me," she nodded to the side and started  to walk in the direction where she knew the sight he perhaps looked for would be.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptySøn Jun 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Jalen felt more at ease, when she mentioned she knew the place. It was far more effective than run around searching for himself. Even though that had some positives as well. He got to see things, he might not have otherwise seen. He followed her when she started walking. "I have heard there is a wonderful sight there. Perhaps you would like to witness it with me?" He thought it could be a nice moment. He also hoped they could be friends in the future. He remembered how much he had enjoyed her company back then, when they were searching for the ring. Even if it had been a serious matter, it became more enjoyable with her with him. He wondered what she had been up to since they last saw each other, but he also had a feeling asking, might be uncomfortable for her. So he refrained from doing so, at least for now.Maybe one day they would be close enough for him to do so.
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyMan Jul 11, 2022 8:24 pm

Given her history of luck, she gave herself permission to be a little bit skeptical about his request. No one knew where she was, not because she had any doubt that she would be found if she went missing. If anything people in her life had by now that something was wrong if she didn't come home, not that she had anyone to make it home back to - or Aura had stayed at her for a couple of days now - which was really nice. Connecting with the daughter whom she thought she had lost. "I have an hour before I need to get back home," Ayah spoke, letting him know there was a time limit before she was expected somewhere else, but also that she wanted to. If anything she liked seeing the things her mother had created. And even if she had trusted him back then, it was many years ago now - a lot of things had happened, she didn't really trust that easily anymore - even so disliking herself for the distrust. "Which means if we go now, we should be able to make it in time. Come on," she took a few steps further towards the forest, well, she did know the way he didn't - at least he claimed he didn't know it.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTors Jul 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Jalen would never want to make her feel uncomfortable. She was of course free to leave, if she so wanted. He nodded when she spoke. ”That should be enough time,” he said with a smile, he hoped could calm her. Unlike Ayah, Jalen didn’t have much family left. He was closest with his sister, and might have some other members, but none he really spoke with. However, he had never felt like he was missing out. He had plenty of people around him. He nodded and followed her towards the forest. It was understandable, Ayah wouldn’t know if he would be a truthful person or not. In this world, it was important to stay vigilant and not lower your shields right away. But he aimed to be a truthful and trustful person. He just felt it was how you gained most from life. Lying, scheming and manipulating, would only cause you to be alone. You would inevitable push away every person you cared about.
He moved through the forest with her, barely speaking. Every once in a while, he would point out a plant and share some information about it, but that was about it. He stopped up by the bush his acquaintance had mentioned. He could recognize it clearly now. ”Ah yes. This should be the place.” He gave her a smile, before he pushed away some branches. Inside, it was almost like a cave formed by the trees and bushes. It almost seemed like nature was protecting the vulnerable flower. He would never not be amazed by nature.
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTors Jul 14, 2022 4:22 pm

She found it sweet how he had a habit of telling short stories about some of the plants what their names were and some information she never would have thought to look up herself. To be fair she had no real idea towards the end if they were walking the right path, but she just trusted her instincts that seemed to be carried by the energy of its creator - and that magical energy was something Ayah did know well. Her eyes grew big watching how nature tried to protect its treasures. Making her both feeling so blissful of experiencing such events, but also sad that nature felt like it had to go into such a matter of defense - or maybe it was just because she felt so connected to this vulnerable environment. Ayah could feel it in the air as she stepped closer that something was wrong the closer they came, it hang onto the wind so tightly as if even the air was sick, making her change the direction of the wind with a shift movement of her hand, making sure the toxic air wouldn't face them. "Something is... not right here," she mumbled a bit. Or maybe she was just paranoid once again?
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyFre Jul 15, 2022 2:59 am

Jalen felt something, the moment he came into contact with the bush. He didn’t know for sure what it was. It just felt like the plants were hurting, or that they were being affected by something dark, something bad. He quickly let go of the bush. ”No, you’re right.” He cleared his throat. He was feeling affected by whatever was happening, but he tried his best not to show it. ”We should get out of here.” He let out a deep breath, feeling a bit dizzy and a head ache coming on. He moved towards her. ”Would you mind lending me a hand? I’m affected by whatever is happening here.” He reached forward, as if he was going to put a hand on her shoulder. He would only do so, if she allowed him to. But no matter what, he should get out there quickly, before he would feel really bad. He would have to ask the other botanist come back here and figure out what was going on. He was fearful the plants were in danger, which would likely affect the entire area around here.
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyFre Jul 15, 2022 4:38 am

She could see he was affected by the plants state, something was harming the nature here. Which had her worried, feeling her heart rate starting to spike up with worry. He was right, they had to get out of here. But what pulled her out of her panicked thoughts was him asking for her hand. "Yeah of course," Ayah let him place a hand on her shoulder, if anything she would rarely push anyone away that needed help. Ayah narrowed her eyes a little to look further into the forest notice how some of the plants simply seemed to rot away, die. "Hold on tight," she gestured him to hold onto her with a nod to confirm it was alright. Before she then let the fresh air grab onto them and lift them up to the tree tops, able to look over the forest seeing how some parts of it looked darker, more dead, like a virus trying to spread. She needed to get home, contact her mother, Reginald - the people whom she knew was involved with the nature. So, still having the air move them, she let the wind take them out of the forest towards the city area, not far from where she was living.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyFre Jul 15, 2022 9:19 pm

Jalen let his hand meet her shoulder, just using her for support, just in case. He didn’t think he would react too strongly, if they got away quickly. It saddened him that the forest was being hurt by something. He put a hand on her other shoulder, when she said to hold on tight. He had a feeling she was going to do something to get them away. And he was right. Soon they were lifted from the ground and to the treetops. He saw how some part of the forest was looking dead or dying. He felt a slight anger now. This was not a natural thing to happen. It was either because of pollution or a sinister force. Both was most often caused by people. It could all be avoided, if people were more mindful. He kept hold on her, when she started to move the air again. ”I don’t like this,” he said quietly. She would likely hear it, since he was relatively close to her. He of course meant the forest being affected. Once they reached ground again, he let go of her. ”Thank you for the help.”
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyFre Jul 29, 2022 2:47 pm

She didn't like it either, there was really nothing to like about it. Ayah knew how closely her mother was connected with nature, she knew how close Willow and Katelyn, Reginald were to the nature, and it worried her sick that something might affect them as well. Ayah took a sharper breath in, trying to mask her fear for her family. If anything, she couldn't handle losing anyone else, she was just starting to feel better, but even healing could be set back if something like losing another family member was to hit her. Ayah blinked a little bit as he thanked her, almost completely for a brief second forgotten she was standing next to him. "Yeah, you are welcome. It's not everyday the forest is infected with something like this," she took a sharper breath in. What was going on? "You need something? You look a little pale, perhaps a glass of water?" She suggested not liking just letting him go when he looked to have been affected by what was going on.
Jalen

Jalen

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyMan Aug 01, 2022 3:57 am

Jalen was thinking the same as her. He was thinking of people he knew, that could be affected by this and what he could do to help the nature. He was of course an advocate for protecting nature, but this was far beyond what his abilities reached for. He was not as influential as some others, so he would not be able to do much, but he would try. He sent her a smaller smile than normal, when she offered him a glass of water. ”Thank you, if it’s not too much trouble.” He was feeling a little better, now that he was not so close to the forest. Normally it was the other way around. He appreciated that she kept hold on him. He didn’t think he was going to stumble much anymore, but it was nice to be cared for in this way. He was used to being the one taking care of others. He looked at her. ”It’s a shame you weren’t able to see the flower bloom. It would have been quite spectacular, I have heard.”
Ayah

Ayah

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  EmptyTirs Aug 02, 2022 4:02 pm

"Its not," she assured him it wasn't a big deal. He was far from the first person she had helped who needed it. Besides Aura was home, and it wasn't like she felt Jalen would just suddenly harm them. He was the injured one. "I live just around the block," she pointed in the direction before starting to walk. Then waving away his next comment, "there will be another time," she hoped. Ayah needed to reach out to her mother and hear if she was okay. But she wanted to be home first. Nature was out of balance, a rare sight, but not in any good way. Reaching the house, with a beautiful garden out front, the little house had always been rather cozy. Big rooms, simple colorful decore. Her gardens well taken care off. The door opened before Ayah could open it and Aura looked worried at them, "what happened?" She wondered and stepped aside so the two could get inside.
Sponsoreret inhold

Serendipity.  Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Serendipity.    Serendipity.  Empty

Serendipity.
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Grounds of Lily :: Grounds of Lily Centrum-
Gå til: