Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

A perspective, not the truth

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.
Fag : Martial Arts + Track + Music & Thunderbird history
Antal indlæg : 224

A perspective, not the truth Empty
IndlægEmne: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptySøn Apr 24, 2022 11:11 am

LOCATION | Rafael's home
DATE | 5th of May 2022
TIME | 11 am ish
ATTIRE | Outfits
TOPIC FOR | @Rafael

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

So, Jack had taken some selfish days off to work things out with Scarlett. Assure her that he wasn't going to storm out or try doing something stupid. Then of course the banshee had predicted everything that made sure he really couldn't do so anyways. Orion had kept his word. Anthony was taken care off. Which was weird to say, and think about. Jack had only just been stepping by to greet Linus and Francis on the take over, feeling the air around him from being able to walk around on Southside without having a target on your back, it was nice and freeing. But it wasn't where his life was anymore, and he wished to keep it that way. He hadn't told Victoria yet about Linus killing Anthony, and that it was free and safe for her to go back, mostly because she had her head filled up with enough information and this might just make her want to rush home before processing everything.

Which meant there was one more person who deserved to know what had happened around here, and if Jack didn't tell him, Lucas would whenever Jack got around to it, and it wouldn't be long. Jack walked inside, always loving being able to sneak in without anyone being able to track his scent. "Lucas wasn't lying when he said he had been spending time here, his scent is all over the place," Jack teased a little bit and walked closer to Rafael to give him a quick hug. "It's been a moment," he then let go again and exhaled. It was weird because Jack of course cared about both Victoria and Rafael, and it wasn't because Jack had chosen a side, but it wasn't like he had reached out to Rafael either, because he knew Lucas had done so, and Vic mostly just flew around unable to Lucas to trace. So, it had been what by now a month already since the two had split. And almost a week since Anthony had killed Victoria, the thought still caused shivers down Jack's spine. "You have any coffee on?"
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

Antal indlæg : 605

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTirs Apr 26, 2022 2:52 am

Rafael had always had a habit of waking up early. It didn’t matter so much what he did, so long as he wasn’t procrastinating or making excuses that hindered him from accomplishing his goals. It was simply an inner motivation to get things done and a desire to feel useful. But lately, the days had become shorter and the nights longer. His focus easily shifted, his worries quickly surfaced and his motivation often diminished. A few dozen rejected or ignored job applications didn’t help much in that regard. Although he didn’t lack work experience, he did lack an education. On paper, he didn’t even have the most basic requirement of one, though he had studied vigorously from a young age to one day eventually break out of the life he'd been forced into. He had been in and out of school occasionally but hadn’t passed many exams. Unfortunately, taking a job in the fields he had experience in barely covered his expenses, and he was getting tired of his pack members needing to fill in on that, wanting to be able to provide for everything on his own. So, that morning, he had done his daily routine; hunting, working out, taking a shower, and cooking breakfast, but not with any plans to go anywhere afterward or continue with any of his projects. He sometimes went to the local mechanic or lumber mill to help out with a few tasks for some cash, simply because he didn’t like to keep taking money out of his savings. Even if there was a large sum in it now, that would eventually slip up.

He had just left the dining table to place his plate in the sink when he heard a voice, and the plate dropped, clanking against the stainless steel. He instantly recognized the owner, but it took him by surprise, nonetheless—even if this occurrence used to happen quite often. He turned around and retracted his claws. An automatic reaction when there was the tiniest possibility of an intruder. He sent him a faint smile and returned the hug. It was nice seeing him, his company much preferred over the application writing he otherwise had to look forward to. “Yeah, it was a shame you couldn’t come the other night.” Because it had indeed been a while, and things hadn’t been what they used to be for even longer. Now it had gotten to a point where he honestly was a bit unsure of where he had him, knowing that he had seen Victoria more than him and possibly taking her side of things. “So, what have you been up to?” he asked as he went to pour them both a cup of coffee. He handed him one of the mugs before he leaned against the counter and anticipated his reply.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

Humør : I’m a snack, but like a midnight snack you know? One that looks better in the dark.

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTirs Apr 26, 2022 4:33 am

In between everything Jack seemed to be juggling lately he didn't even know how to think or feel about the matter, so he had just taken a step back - which wasn't really unusual for the cryobird. Jack knew Victoria had been arguing with Lucas, which was another bitter thing Jack had on his list, because he also knew Lucas would call for a guilt trip once he figured out just what Anthony had done. Jack himself had went through the same guilt trip the second he had actually thought Victoria was dead, enough for him to just see red. "Scarlett is making process in getting her daughter back, so we've been working hard on actually getting steps closer instead of back," he replied, which was the truth. Also why Scarlett had made him chose between his idea of revenge and their future, not a fair ultimatum in the middle of the fire if you asked Jack, nothing less he had made his choice, and with Anthony out of the way, there had only been one choice, whether to stay in Gaia or come back to Southside. Jack took the mug when handed to him and took a deeper breath in. "I've also been trying to go over in my head how to tell you something I think you should know, that's not really for me to tell, either way, It's about Vic," he took a sip of the coffee, but also let it be up to Rafael if he wanted to know or not, now was the time to back out.
Rafael would know after all if it was something life threatening in the given moment, Jack wouldn't look so calm, and even if the memories of the night was still haunting him - Jack also knew things were alright by now, or as alright as things would and could possibly be.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptySøn Maj 01, 2022 3:33 am

I’m glad to hear that.” It wasn’t information that mattered much to him. Scarlett wasn’t someone he really considered close to or knew much about aside from what Jack had told him. But since it affected Jack and what was happening in his life, he did have an interest in knowing about it. And he was honestly relieved to hear that he hadn’t come here to tell him of any trouble, which he admittedly had suspected at first. He took a large sip of the coffee when Jack spoke again and shut down his moment of relief. He didn’t much like the way he said it—that he didn’t know how to tell him, and that it shouldn’t even be for him to do so. He placed the mug on the counter as the silence grew longer. In some way, he no longer cared about Victoria’s life. Not with the way she’d decided of keeping him out of it. Not with the way she’d treated him at the end of their relationship. But he also couldn’t help the way his heart skipped a beat at the mention of her, nor the curiosity from overtaking, knowing that something had happened, he couldn’t pretend he didn’t care to know at all. “What about her?” he asked, slightly wary of where this conversation was going. He could only take so many guesses as to what had happened from the knowledge he had, and the people he knew she hung around. All of which pointed toward something bad. After all, if it was something good, then it shouldn’t prove difficult for Jack to tell him.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptySøn Maj 01, 2022 6:58 am

This was the breaking point. Because Jack was very familiar with the bitterness that followed from a break up where you felt like you somewhat or completely had been betrayed. Even if he didn't see it perhaps as Lucas and Rafael did. The silence almost made Jack regret having stepped inside, but then Rafael asked what about her, leading Jack to be very careful with his words. Jack took a sharper breath in and then placed the cup on the kitchen counter and rested the palm of his hands against it looking at Rafael still. "You remember how Selene has the power to respawn after she dies?" He asked, knowing it seemed very off topic - but it would prove not to be within seconds, "Selene and Victoria are half sisters, and Victoria shares that same ability," Jack took a sharper breath in not liking the next thing he had to say, but he had softened the blow a little by not putting it just out there - maybe he was a changed man knowing a little bit how to deliver news by now. Perhaps Nigel had influenced him more than he knew. "Anthony crossed the border the other night, and happened to cross paths with Victoria and her friend. He killed them both, but Vic respawned - survived the attack," he exhaled a little and became very aware of his friend's body language by the second. "Anthony is dead - his right hand Calliope is dead. Linus and Francis took care of it," now he knew Rafael didn't like Linus and Francis, nether did Lucas - but for Jack, Victoria and Eric the Phoenix brothers were good friends of theirs from the past, and well Vic had gotten close with them again, by the looks of it close enough to storm the place and end Anthony. "She is okay -" not that Jack would know, he hadn't seen her since that night, but he knew if he was needed Victoria would reach out.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptySøn Maj 08, 2022 2:25 am

Another sip of coffee ran down his throat, warm and earthy, giving him a little comfort before Jack spoke and told him something that would tremble the ground beneath him. He could detect it from a mile away—that he wasn't here to tell him anything good, and his grip tightened around the mug as he revealed the first hint. He nodded casually to his statement. Yes, he remembered. Selene had been very forthright about that part of her. And before he could ask what that had to do with Victoria, he revealed that they were sisters and carried the same ability. His chest hollowed at the thought, the anticipation, that it had to mean… Then it tightened. Because if they knew that, that meant… It meant she’d died and that they’d found her spawning location. It meant that nobody had told him about her death as soon as it happened. The tightness spread to his stomach, and he placed the cup down on the counter, not wanting to spill it because of all the feelings that rushed through him.

And you’re first telling me this now?” His eyes shifted between Jack’s, his irises flickering from red to dark brown. His claws dug into his closed fits at the mention of Anthony. It was the strangest mix of emotions—on the one hand being revealed that Victoria had survived, and on the other feeling sadness and unfairness at the way he wasn’t even informed. As if he meant nothing to them anymore—to her. His anger was directed a little towards that, but mostly towards Anthony. If it hadn’t been for the next piece of information, he’d been prepared to murder him right then and there. He flexed his hand to retract the claws, but to no avail. Instead, he turned to look away from Jack to take a few steps toward the windows. Looking out at the forest usually tended to calm him.

I can’t believe it,” he whispered, feeling like all of it was a lot to take in. He knew that her being okay should be all that mattered, and he did appreciate Jack telling him of it—even if it was all too late and all too much. Even if others should have been there to tell him of it before. The fact that he even knew, should have made him tell him of it earlier. “Linus and Francis, huh?” The spite wasn’t easy to take out of that sentence. How he despised her preferring their company over theirs. “So, that’s how little she thinks of me now?” He turned around to face Jack, his eyes remaining dark brown and full of emotion. He then averted his gaze for a moment and took a sharp breath in, composing himself to the best of his ability. Because Jack wasn’t at fault. Not really. And he needed to find a way to contain his anger better. Not that he thought that ever was going to happen. Especially considering how he didn’t think he’d ever be able to find a Luna. But for the moment, he did manage to retract his claws and straighten his expression. “So, no one has taken over in Anthony’s stead?” Killing off the leader and right hand should be enough to disperse the group, but if he didn’t know any better, Linus or Francis could have wanted that power for themselves.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptySøn Maj 08, 2022 7:09 am

"Yeah well, sorry to break it to you Rafael, but I have other things I needed to deal with before reaching out to you," Jack replied back, then watching how Rafael reacted to what Jack had been telling him, how the emotion overtook him  - whether the wolf liked it or not. Then not saying anything other than letting Rafael process the information, even if he would have liked to point out that he had reached out to Rafael as soon as it was possible. But there was more information, so much more had happened that night.

Then Rafael pointed out Linus and Francis names, and Jack took a sharper breath in, and nodded to confirm. So, that’s how little she thinks of me now? "Oh shut up for a second, would you?" Jack knowing Rafael right now was emotional on the matter. Who wouldn't be? And Jack was and had always been very protective of Victoria - she was his sister, the first person who had ever really tried to take care of him, so of course he was returning the favor. "I know you and Lucas don't like them - and you are both making her out to be the villain for hanging out with them? They aren't the reason this happened, but they will be the reason she can come home, so let it rest," Jack cleared his throat feeling rather emotional on the matter as well. "They have taken over in Anthony's place," he lifted his finger, "before you say more, don't -" Jack knew in this way it perhaps looked more like he was only on Victoria's side, but Jack was also a firm believer that Southside needed the best hands, and he wasn't going back himself. "Just because we can get out and wanted out, it doesn't mean everyone wants the same. Vic and Eric have been sitting on their hands, feeling like their identity has been stripped from them, so who are we to judge them for it, just get over it okay?" Him, Lucas and Rafael - they had gotten out of the criminal world. It didn't mean other people including Victoria didn't thrive in it.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyFre Maj 13, 2022 1:58 am

He had been too busy to reach out to him. He couldn't even have picked up the phone and given him a call or sent him a text. That was the explanation he went with? So much for their close-knitted friendship. Jack knew how important Victoria was to him—used to be to him. That he at the very least had wanted to know if she had been harmed. Or died, for Christ’s sake. He clenched his jaw, feeling his blood getting increasingly hot. The heat getting to him far too easily these days. But it hurt like hell to know that none of them cared enough to tell him about it. As if nothing they’d had together mattered anymore.
Jack responded in a way that told him he was getting along with the shapeshifters. It was spoken spiteful enough not to be coming from someone with a neutral opinion of them. So, he stayed quiet on the matter, not seeing the point in arguing about it. “They’re not?” He folded his arms across his chest. If she had just stayed out of Southside, that would certainly have decreased the chances of something like that happening. How could it not?

He had barely parted his lips to express his thoughts on the shifters' taking over when Jack silenced him once more. His nostrils flared because he had tried his hardest to do just that this whole month. To let it rest, to just get over it. He said it like it was the easiest thing to do when it most definitely wasn’t. He had given her space and had understood why she needed to do something for herself, but all his emotions and opinions came down to his concern for her. “Believe me, I’m trying my hardest to pretend I don’t care about her anymore. I am beating myself up over this hollow, aching hole in my chest.” He flattened his palm against his chest and let his other arm fall to his side. “I wish to God it would go away. But all these things you want me to keep to myself are only there because I care. Because I don’t know what I would do if I lost her. And I do realize I already have, this information has made that perfectly clear.” He didn’t understand how he could be so indifferent to her choosing to live criminally when she had found her way out of that. For Rafael, it had always been something he’d done to survive. And he knew that he wasn’t a saint by any means. That he easily got into fights and that he had more blood on his hands than most. But the difference was that he wanted to get out of that. Wishing his life wouldn’t keep revolving around it. Naturally, his way of life was a dangerous one. And she’d never truly been completely safe with him either. But if anything, he’d much preferred it if she’d moved on to something better. “If you don’t have a bad feeling about the path she’s chosen, I guess that should count for something. But just understand that I feel differently because I don’t want to see her get hurt, not because I’m trying to dictate anyone’s life. Hell, I am the last person with the right to judge anyone.” They had it all wrong if that was what they thought of him. He sighed deeply and averted his gaze from the thunderbird. What a mess all of this was. He slumped against the counter, wishing they could go back to a time when nothing ever had managed to come between them.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyFre Maj 13, 2022 7:51 am

Jack took a sharper breath in, he wasn't the greatest on the advice when it came to dealing with ones emotion, and he for sure was never going to claim that status either. Yet, he did know a few things from his own rollercoaster ride with Eris, so if anything he related to wanting to get over someone, pretend you didn't care. "Maybe that's your problem. Pretending you don't care, and don't just accept that you guys still have history - and you can't just stop caring about that," Jack took a deeper breath in looking at his friend. "I lost Eris, twice remember, it doesn't mean I don't have questions about what happened between us, what I did wrong or what she did wrong for it not to work out. She chose another life, and I'm not going to hold her back on that," Jack knew this was and had nothing to do with his own relationships, but as with everything else, Jack could only project the understanding of it through his own perspective of the matter.

"You and Victoria care about each other, you perhaps just moved faster than you should have, and you two have always argued and fought to the point where I sometimes expected you both to be covered in bruises," he took a sharper breath in once again, shaking his head just a little bit. It was no secret, the two had always been rather passionate, playing their own way of Russian roulette with words, Jack had never seen anything wrong about that in the past really - because he had never seen much different. It hadn't changed the fact that he knew they both had loved each other. "Right now, things are hard. Give it time, okay? More things happened that night, but I'm not the right person to tell them," he gave Rafael a sad smile, indicating it was a tough one. But well not only had Victoria died, she had watched her childhood friend and first boyfriend die in front of it - then learned her mother wasn't her biological mother but that her actual birthmother was raped and had given her up. Not that Jack understood the impact of all those emotions that could bring in a person to learn, but as he had told Scarlett what had happened, she had seemed to horrified. Yet Jack also knew this could lead Rafael's mind to imagine the worst horrors as well of what Victoria perhaps had gotten herself into or who she had been involved with. But not that it mattered right now.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTors Maj 19, 2022 12:47 am

The heartache wasn’t doing him any favors. Nor did caring for someone who didn’t want it. So, he had no other choice but to move on. It didn’t mean that he didn’t reflect on their relationship or the reasons it ended, but wouldn’t anyone want those painful reminders to diminish?
He shook his head incredulously when Jack commented on their relationship. Had it really appeared that bad to others or was it some exaggerated truth that Victoria had given him after their breakup? Whatever the reason, he didn’t want to dwell on it. Didn’t really understand why he brought it up, to begin with. Rafael knew that they hadn’t been the best partners for each other, but he had always wanted to overcome that because when all was said and done, she was the one he loved. “I haven’t. It’s been a month and it still hurts every time I think about her,” he admitted. It didn’t take away from the fact that he wished he was able to move fast. That he for once hadn’t let himself fall so deeply for someone. It didn't mean that his thoughts didn’t shift towards her every so often. It didn’t mean he didn’t suppress his emotions, knowing that nobody cared about them anyway.

Give it time. For a moment he just looked at Jack, wondering what he meant by that. If it meant that he didn’t think Victoria’s goodbye to Rafael had been her last. Nor did he understand what he’d hoped to gain by telling him there was more information out there—as if he ever was going to be told of it by anyone other than Jack. “I can’t tell if you’re advising me to seek her out, or if you’re telling me to leave her alone. But I can almost guarantee you that all the first option is going to lead to is her telling me to go. Because as a friend I will express my worry and she’ll have none of it.” He shrugged his shoulders and extended a hand to grab his mug again, downing another sip. And if it wasn’t her telling him to leave, it was her new friends. No. He didn’t want any part in that. Staying away seemed the most sensible. Not to mention, if Victoria still cared so much about him, she’d come to tell him of these things herself. At least, he’d thought they’d been close enough to tell each other everything once.
Whatever happened to her, it doesn’t seem that she wants me to know. But I appreciate you telling me anyway.” He lowered the cup in his hand as he turned his gaze ahead of him. “Letting me know she’s safe.” That was how he chose to interpret it. Despite the array of emotions going through him, he did find some peace thinking about that. Focusing on that. He couldn’t go so far as to think that meant that the danger was over. But knowing that Anthony was dead certainly helped.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTors Maj 19, 2022 3:57 am

"I don't know man, I haven't seen her since that night. I have Daisy text me every now and then, otherwise I just trust she will seek me out if she needs my help," he confessed. As things were right now, Jack didn't even know if Victoria wanted to see him, with the information he held on to about that night. He also knew that Victoria didn't want the worry, but she had also lashed out in front of Jack and Eric about this, making it perhaps easier for the brothers to coherent the events all together. And everyone dealt with their trauma in different ways. "Whatever happened to her, is more for her to process than I can even imagine -" Jack pointed out with a lower voice, of course Rafael didn't now the other things, and it wasn't really Jack's strongest suit to really think before he spoke - even if he had gotten better at it after having met Nigel, Scarlett and the others of course. No one had ever questioned him moving on from Southside nor getting closer with his biological family, no one had raised a brow. Perhaps it was the reason why he had such a hard time understanding no one was more supportive when Victoria did the same. Even if he wasn't headed in the same direction as her.

Jack took another sip of his coffee, then let out a sigh again. He hated how this had started to affect the friend group, knowing it was what Lucas had feared a bit in the past - what if Rafael and Victoria got together and it didn't work out. Battling the constant, but what if it did work out. Now it was like they each were stranded on foreign land trying to reach each other but slowly just being pulled further and further apart.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTors Maj 26, 2022 12:18 am

He leaned slightly away from the counter, continuing to stare straight ahead when he nodded to his statement. He knew she was going through a lot, that there had to be something more to the way she treated him. Or that was at least what he wanted to believe. Because the Victoria he knew and had fallen madly in love with wasn’t the same person he’d seen those last weeks of their relationship. But it could as well be that he first saw her for who she really was now, in which case, ending things between them had been the right thing. “Did she seem happier?” He turned his gaze to him. “Before all that.” In between the time where they’d broken up and until Anthony had gotten an aim at her. Rafael had not heard much from her, had not tried to get in contact with her since his one attempt to see her at the casino. But he’d at least feel better knowing that despite everything, she was happier there than she had been with him.

He tilted his head a little as he considered if Jack’s opinion of him had changed. He hoped that he wasn’t losing him too, but sometimes it had felt that way, and although he had come to him today, it didn’t feel as if he’d come to check on him. Rather, it had felt as if he’d come to be the bringer of news and show his support for Victoria’s decision. It was obvious that this breakup was different than their past breaks, and that more factors played a part in interfering with the bond the friend group had. For one, this kind of distancing was something new, something they’d never really had in the past. Even when they’d promised each other that nothing was going to stand between them.
Are you feeling good about the Serpents’ new leadership?” he then asked, wondering what his opinion was of them since he hadn’t interacted much with the shapeshifters himself. And whatever impression he did have, it wasn’t anything good. But he trusted Jack’s word, especially regarding their influence on Southside because he had once been in their position. And he knew a lot of werewolves who hung out in Southside, so it was naturally in his interest to know that they were going to be safe there.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyTors Maj 26, 2022 7:23 am

Did she seem happier? It was a loaded question, which made him click his tongue while pressing his brows a bit together. "I think she found a part of herself that she thought she'd lost," Jack confessed and scratched his forehead a little bit. "When it comes down to it I don't think neither you or Lucas can understand what we went through at the Serpents back then, no matter how much you have wanted to," he bluntly spoke as he took a sharper breath in and looked directly at Rafael. "Anthony almost killed me that night too, left me for dead without a way to come back, so - the things he did to Victoria, to Lauren while they were captive in a place where they have been their whole life, it would change anyone man," Jack downed his coffee and placed the empty cup on the counter. "And she seems to be rebuilding herself, no she is not running around rubbing banks or the like - she is behind the bar, serving drinks and chats with people from all around, just how she likes it, being the center of the gossip," he took a sharper breath in.

The next burning question made Jack sigh a little bit, letting his thumb run over the empty cup before looking up at Rafael again. "I think if anyone is going to get Southside up running again it would be them, I don't know how the Serpents will think about having them around, but the older members to know them - they aren't complete strangers, they get things done - besides, I'm starting a different chapter in my life as well," not that everyone seemed to be asking Jack what he walked around doing with his life now. Had he become to mundane that he completely blended in with the crowd now? "I just hope the Coyotes are going easy on them, you know how they get," he shook his head a little bit. The other bigger gang in Southside, Helio was not really easy to play with, but they had managed for so long.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyFre Jun 10, 2022 9:37 pm

He’d known that terrible things had happened to them. That he’d never fully understand what they’d been through. But he had always been supportive, wanting more than anything to get back at Anthony for what he did to them. He nodded slightly as he was done explaining, getting the impression that she was doing well where she was, and that was all he needed to know. In a way, that made it easier for him to move on. For all this time a small part of him had been worried that she’d ended up in a worse situation or was struggling to find her new path. “I’m glad to hear that.” His lips tilted vaguely upwards as he imagined her behind the bar of that place, how it at least would keep her busy and distract her from the reality, those thoughts and memories that had to be haunting her. “What about you? How are you holding up with everything?
Regardless of what he personally thought of them, it was important to him that they seemed ambitious in their leadership of the gang. That the people he knew would be safe wandering their streets. For that reason, he didn’t want to get on their bad side. But he feared that he might already be on it because of Victoria. “Mh,” he added to the comment about the Coyotes, thinking they’d inevitably try to challenge them and take over some territories. That was just how that world worked. He downed the last of his coffee and placed the cup on the counter. “Want another one?” he asked, glancing hintingly at Jack’s empty cup.
Jack
Tideligere leder
Jack

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth EmptyFre Jun 10, 2022 9:48 pm

Jack clicked his tongue a little bit, "I was trying to rush out the door to kill Anthony for what he had done, at least try - Scarlett made me chose between her or the revenge - I chose the revenge in the moment, never made it close enough to. But I wanted him dead, I still do - have wanted to for a long time. But now that I've been spending time with my brothers, with Scarlett - its just a whole other life," he took a sharper breath in. Going from being someone everyone in a gang looked to for guidance when you sometimes barely felt like you had the answers yourself. It was a responsibility he no longer had, or he had with his teaching job, but that was something else.

He exhaled a little bit, not knowing if he should stay longer or not. Scarlett was still home recovering from the rough nights days ago, and Jack was overall really tired himself. "No, its alright. I have a few other things I need to take care off first, I just wanted you to hear it from me," Jack nodded a little bit. Rather that than a stranger who was careless with their words. Even though Jack wasn't the most empathetic person. Jack took a sharper breath in, "I will see you soon hopefully," Jack tabbed his fingers lightly on the kitchen counter before pushing himself from it to take a step back. He had delivered the news he needed to deliver.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: A perspective, not the truth   A perspective, not the truth Empty

A perspective, not the truth
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» To tell you the truth
» A heavy truth
» Truth and Consequences
» Enough with the lies, I'll get the truth out of you [tw]
» Truth or Dare - Fællesemne

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum