Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Godspeed [cw]

Go down 
2 deltagere
Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3, 4
ForfatterBesked
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.
Antal indlæg : 332

Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyFre Jan 07, 2022 3:07 pm

“Yea, no.” Out of the corner of his eye, Reuben quickly noticed how his hand had gone through the wall of the house and just hastily pulled it out again, shaking it vigorously as if he could simply shake off the spell he accidently had either forgotten to de-spell or activated. It did also seem to work, luckily. “I had Crone scout out the area around here and.. no demons in sight. Saga’s warding must’ve done the trick.” As if its name being said out loud had been a cue of some sort an animalistic figure appeared jumping and landing on the roof where the two men stood before swinging itself with long slender arms down from the edge and onto the ground. A full-grown grey mangabey monkey, sized slightly larger than the average for the species. Perfectly explainable since Crone wasn’t an actual mangabey monkey. Just like Circe wasn’t an actual cat. Or crow. Or ferret. Crone was Reuben Rhyss’ trusted familiar; a usually formless celestial being having taken the form of one of the known animals on Earth after having been summoned. After what looked like a greeting from the monkey to the angel, it slouched over to sit squatted next to their witch. But not before handing him something which he only glances at shortly and then buried in his short pockets and looked to Michael rather nonchalantly.

He felt a prick in his temples by the first yapping comment and the frustrated expression only deepened as he scrunched his brows closer together. “Of course I want to see her. She’s my only daughter,” he snapped back. He couldn’t help it. And he wasn’t lying. Nothing he didn’t wish more than to see his daughter but things were too complicated for that. A heavy sigh then sounded from his throat and he moved a hand up to his face, pushing the pressure points on either side of his nose bridge between his eyes to reveal some of the tension that pulled signs of a headache.
She was there to look for him. Of course she was. It just wasn’t the right time! Not yet! “That explains things. I saw her first at La Boca del Caballo few days ago but she was there alone which I couldn’t help but find strange. Her search has always remained… what’s the word: passive up until now.” He moved his hand away from his face again, lowering his arm calmly, compared to the emotional stimulation he could feel out to his fingertips. Saga might have gotten his looks but their personalities weren’t quite the same. “She wouldn’t have come on her own. Not when she wouldn’t be completely sure she’d get to me.” So that left the possibility of outside convincing. Hence; Michael Sanctius. “How much has she told you?” She must’ve told him at least something since he was being accused of ‘avoiding her for all these years’. Back in Paris he hadn’t disclosed any of this other than mentioning he had a daughter. The stuff any proud father would do if hit with the right timing. And that had been what? 40 years ago now? ..time sure flew by.

Another yap made impact but this time it only seemed to make him scuff partially amused. “What father would I be if not to constantly be worried?” he asked but then clearing his throat and shallowing the half-hearted smile to return to the seriousness of the situation. Half a year ago? Reuben nodded in acceptance. He didn’t disapprove of Michael as a person but he was the last person he’d expected Saga to mingle with, if he had to be honest. Only now knowing it was reality, could he see what would’ve pulled them together. Michael was a business man after warrior and Saga had made a name for herself in the time he had been gone…
“Doesn’t matter anyway but colour me surprised. That’s all,” he lastly gave in - not fully, though. With time, with time. “I’m more concerned with why you two have demons on your asses. This wouldn’t have anything to do with Lorenzo Zamora, would it?” He eyed Michael with a similar intensity. He already knew most of the answer but he still wanted the confirmation. The older witch had been tailing them, after all. If not, how would he have tracked them to the house when other’s hadn’t been able to.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyLør Jan 08, 2022 2:00 am

She’d warded the place. He clenched his jaw, then lifted a hand to rub a thumb against his jawline, looking back at the house. Stupid girl. Witches didn’t hold an endless amount of magic, and she was in no state to freely use it. She was probably in more pain now. More vulnerable. His hand dropped and his gaze focused on the roof as a mangabey monkey appeared on top of it. So, they’d scouted the area. He wondered if it was for their own safety. If it was because enemies were after them too. He followed the monkey’s movements to their witch, noticing the exchange of an object between them. Of course I want to see her. An expression of perplexity came over his face. Because if that was true, then why hadn’t he simply visited her? Even with his agenda taking him elsewhere, there had been plenty of time to see her. Why was it that his actions proved otherwise? Moreover, why did he say it like it was the most obvious thing in the world?

He had suspected that to have pulled her in. She hadn’t been able to find her father on her own in the past, and she knew he was more than capable of deleting his tracks. But then Michael had told her that his angels had seen him. He’d promised to help in her search if she helped him in turn. And the deal had been struck. “She noticed your cloaking spell in that bar. She knows you’re hiding your whereabouts from her. But as far as I’ve gathered she has no idea why.” Neither did he, though he hadn’t tried to pursue the matter. He didn’t care what his deal was. If he was searching, running, or hiding. But now he supposed he was somewhat involved, that he cared on behalf of Saga. And so he wasn’t going to let the witch get out of answering his questions. He even answered every one of his to let him warm up to the idea of returning the gesture. His trustworthy aura would help with that too. It happened more often than not, that people shared their thoughts with him. Answered his questions rather than worried about the reasons they shouldn’t.

Again, he said a line that didn’t match his presumptions. So, he checked in on her from time to time out of worry. Was this what had brought him here tonight? If so, did he still not intend for Saga to see him? The thought had him glance at the house again. Because no matter his reason, she deserved to see him. She deserved answers Even if she for some reason couldn’t hear all the details involved. He looked back at Reuben, wondering what kept him from explaining why he was here. For being gone for seventy-seven years. He simply avoided the topic altogether. In fact, he seemed rather eager to let the topic revolve around anything but that. Now he circled back to the topic of demons. He frowned vaguely as he mentioned Lorenzo Zamora. How would he know anything about that? If not because he’d followed them.. or knew about him from somewhere else. “How do you know him?” he asked, thinking there was a chance that his business in Cuba had something to do with him. Admittingly he was an influential demon to know. If not, he certainly owed him an explanation as to what he was doing tailing them.
Look, Mr. Rhyss. There’s frankly never a time where demons aren’t on my ass. If she’s with me that means they’re after her too. But she’s only here because of you. I’m only still here because of you. So, don’t drag this out any longer than you have to. Tell me why you’re here.” It had been a very long night. And though he usually wouldn’t mind conversing about demons, now wasn’t the time. The sooner this whole matter could resolve the better for all. “Or so help me, I will make you explain yourself to her face right now.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

Humør : There's a sense of tranquility in the essence of life. Even when there's chaos.

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyOns Jan 12, 2022 1:07 pm

There was possibly some truth to Michael’s worries regarding Saga. Being asleep she was, fortunately, in a state more or less free from experiencing the pains and arches, but she had gotten gradually more and more fever-heigh as the night had moved along. And it would be easily believed, that that last warding spell would have some worsening effect on her, however it would be quite hard to say for sure with everything. What mattered a little more?..
____

.. Of course, she had noticed it. There wasn’t one thing that girl didn’t seem to notice. Nothing went her eye by. It was one thing to hide and erase his tracks for someone tracking him from a distance, like Saga had done up until know. It was a bit more of a struggle when she was where he was. Not impossible, in any way, but definitely different. Reuben sighed again by this, thinking that there really hadn’t been much he could’ve done to prevent that. “Sometimes I wish she wasn’t so attentive.. Anyway it doesn’t matter much if she saw it.“ Luckily the spell had worked perfectly as intended, because the male witch had been in there. He had seen her walk in. He remembered how, while she didn’t look much different from what he remembered, he could still tell that she had grown a lot in the span of those seventy-seven years. But she hadn’t been able to see him – thanks to the spell. Now knowing this, he suspected she also knew he had been there and yet still left the place. What plans could she have had brewed having decided not to pushed through further then? Even as her father, he wouldn’t be able to tell. Her mother would have a better chance but Hyacinth Rhyss wasn’t there.

A sprinkle of surprise passed by his face as the angel showed confusion as to just how he knew about the demon at hand, and Reuben had been about to give a curl in his brow to exaggerate how he didn’t exactly understand this reaction. But maybe that wasn’t the best idea while in the company of a growlingly aggerated man. “Lorezo is a pretty well-known guy in these parts of Havana. Especially since building that ghastly cassino, which you’re familiar with. He’s not the biggest shot but if you stayed in Cuba you’d come to know that he’s a name and face you ought to know,“ he revealed, smoothing out his expression in the process and rolled his shoulders.
“I’ve been dealing with him too, while being here. You think the cloaking spell at the bar was for Saga alone? How would I even know she’d be there?” He looked at Michael with a raised eyebrow and paused for a second, although he didn’t wait for an actual reply back before continuing to explain: “Demons here have a tendency to get petty when you don’t agree to give them a helping hand in whatever scheme they’ve going on. I declined and now they’re trying their hardest to make my own goal difficult to reach. Well.. emphasis on 'trying'.” Reuben Rhyss couldn’t hold back smirk when adding on that last bit. It hadn’t been all that difficult to get his stuff done. Manoeuvring demons – or anyone for that matter – was his specialty after all. And damn, if he wasn’t proud of it!

But then the impatience, which Reuben had sensed in the air, came bursting out. He didn’t like the sound of demons being on his daughter’s ass only because of Michael and a part of him had to hold back on demanding this – whatever it was – to stop. He just couldn’t… When thinking rationally, who was he to tell Saga what to do? Or so help me.. “I’m here to help!“ he very abruptly blurted out just as the archangel had had time to finish that last sentence, not wanting that to even be an option to begin with! Voice kept down still. “I’m here to help in any way I can,” he repeated, calmer and less rushed. He looked to his side, down to the mangabey before turning around and then gliding over to lean his back against the outer wall of the house – this time not passing through it. He sighed, slouching a bit and crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re here because of Lorenzo. I wouldn’t mind not being harassed by his men. So here we are.”
Instead of looking back at Michael, though, Reuben twisted his neck to look over his shoulder, towards the nearest window inside. From his angle he could see exactly nothing but it was more the for the gesture. “And I wanted to see if she was alright. I was tailing the two of you -” Lightly! Nothing in depth. “- and I saw the state of the warehouse. What happened inside?” He had to ask, glancing at the younger-looking man. His insight-knowledge was limited, that much was true. He had yet to know the severity of Saga’s current condition.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTors Jan 13, 2022 8:34 pm

It might not have mattered if she saw his spell because the hiding was bound to end. But if not, then it hadn’t been a good thing. Not with the confusion and sadness it had brought her to know that he avoided her. And shouldn’t that matter? Did he think she didn’t harbor such feelings? Or did he not care because they were minor in comparison to what had caused him to travel in the first place? There was only one thing he was certain of. Reuben Rhyss was not an easy man to read and harder yet to comprehend. However, once he got around to explaining himself, he was sure the understanding would follow. It didn’t matter in the ways he was different from most. He was usually always able to empathize with them and understand to whatever little or great extent that they acted a certain way or carried certain views. It wasn’t so much an angelic trait as it was of one who’d lived a long life.

He listened as he explained that Lorenzo was a well-known guy, that it’d be odd if one hadn’t heard of him if they’d stayed in Cuba for a while. This wasn’t new to him. That’s not what he was interested to know. He’d only asked to see if he knew him on a personal level. So, his gaze was fixed anticipatingly on him until his answer came to that. When he revealed that he’d dealt with Lorenzo by declining to help in some way or other, he better understood what the cloaking spell had been about. He understood why he’d scouted the area. He’d noted the mention of a goal and had wanted to ask about it to offer his help. But it had seemed that the demons hadn’t kept him from reaching it despite their attempts. And so there went his idea of prying with an underlying motive to help. Because he didn’t think he’d reveal much about it if he simply asked and part of him didn’t want to pry into the matter due to its irrelevance. The idea was only fleetingly there because of Saga. Because he would ask on her behalf. But it would be better if Reuben told her himself, and in his mind, there was still a high likelihood of that occurring later.

When he exclaimed that he had come to help, he raised an incredulous brow. If he remembered correctly, he had snuck around the house and looked through their window. If he’d wanted to help, he could have simply made his appearance known in an overt manner. “I see.” He tipped his head acceptingly. He wasn’t going to deny his help. Even if it was a clever way to excuse his tailing of them. His gaze followed him as he leaned back against the house. If he didn’t know any better, it sounded as if he asked for protection from the demons. “I doubt that they’ll continue to harass you. I killed a few dozen of them and as for the rest… I think the next couple of days will be spent otherwise occupied. So, unless your business in Cuba isn’t final, I wouldn’t worry too much.” He inhaled slowly, thinking that a good deal of them was after him as they spoke while the rest were receiving the news of the warehouse fire and would become busy planning their next move. He exhaled deeply. “How much do you know of Zamora’s organization?” It was likely that he had heard something from his place of hiding, that he knew more than them based on how long he’d been in Cuba. And if he did, Michael would be sure to forward the information to the angels deployed in the area.

She’s not,” he stated nonchalantly. “A demon possessed her and she’s used up a lot of her magic. So, if you truly came to help, you can start off with a healing remedy. It won’t be safe for us to stay here for long, but I can’t bring myself to take her home until she feels better. Moreover, she won’t leave the country before she meets you.” If that fact hadn’t been made clear before, he hoped it was now. Surely, her father cared that she was brought home safely and as soon as possible. That she was brought away from the demons who were actively searching for them. All he needed to do was help with the healing and speak with her.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyFre Jan 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Reuben let out a sound sounding neither quite like a chuckle nor a scuff, though it pulled in the corners of his mouth just the same. “Appreciate it. If they weren’t such persistent miststücks I’d believe you that this would be the end of it. But you know the type, I’m sure.” But a handful days without having to be on his toes or possibly distracted from his personal Cuba antennary wasn’t half bad. Not bad at all, so he did truthfully appreciate the little kafuffle Michael had created. One could hope that he had even hid the nest hence making it give them a longer rest from having demons on their asses. Michael, apparently always having them biting his buttocks, must find such a time especially relieving. That was, if the man knew how to relax. The witch barely knew the guy, having really only stumbles by him once before now, but the tense air around him kind of gave it away, that he might not even have been giving the ability to relax. Ever. Not even in times of undeniable peace. For a moment, Reuben observed the angel a little bit closer. Was this what had pulled his daughter towards him, perhaps?
He quickly broke off his train of thought to come back to the more pressing matter at hand. Just how much did he know about the things going on? “I’ll have to disappoint you a bit, but I don’t have any juicy insider information. What I do know is that whatever they’re doing, it took up extra speed in the late spring of last year. I wasn’t here then yet but get the right locals talking and you start seeing breadcrumbs. As far as I could stitch together, it was a hurried speed until the success spike of Marbella in early September.” Around the same time that the tourist deaths on the island had also gradually begun to increased. Before then there had been strange behaviour from the Cuban less fortunate – those people didn’t much care about – however as it was everywhere in the world; those news had always just been brushed aside. “Thing is, they don’t actually seem to be operating out of Havana. It’s really only shipments happening here. And, I’d say, distraction.” He looked to his familiar, who looked back at the same time. They held a saying eye contact for a bit – similarly to Saga and Circe sometimes did – and then the mangabey grabbed a miscellaneous twig from the ground and started drawing in the dirt where grass wasn’t growing. “You want to go to the Pinar Del Rio province,” Reuben then said while the outline of Cuba was drawn and then circled the area smack in the middle between the north-western tip of the island and where Havana was. “North from the city of Pinar Del Rio, that’s where there have been a lot of bustling along with a lot of effort in staying out of sight. I haven’t had any business in the area, so I can’t say that much more than that.”
Information hadn’t exactly been what he had been prepared to help out with. Sure, he had some but not actually being involved with any of it, he hadn’t bothered as much with it. There were other things that were more important than some demons scurrying around in the tropical heat.

And he hadn’t been prepared for the bad news that came afterwards either. Not in the slightest. She’s not. Hearing those words, Reuben felt a sudden and sharp spike of fury inside of him. His body jolted vaguely and pushed himself away from the lean, tensed up underneath the loose-fitted clothes and his eyes widened substantially before he even turned his head away from Crone’s stick-illustrations. “What?!” he angrily yelled out, his voice having turned brooding, for a moment forgetting not to be too loud. His dark features made the anger stand out in his face, even more so in his eyes that was now looking at Michael. But the anger wasn’t pointed at the angel. Not all of it, at least. A twinkle of it lingered on him. For bringing his daughter into situation where she would get this hurt.
He whipped his head back towards the house and then whipped it right back. His eyes lowered for a second and one could see how the initial anger faded down to frustration to immense worry and then finally he could collect himself. Somewhat. His little moon was hurt. Badly, it sounded like. Possession wasn’t something to take lightly. She won’t leave the country before she meets you. Frustratedly, he bit down on his teeth. “I can’t believe she… I’m here because of Saga,” he admitted, his voice now calmed down. Or not calmed down; he was clearly holding back a lot of that frustration since he knew well enough that it helped no one if it let it take over. He moved a hand to rub his neck, glancing to his familiar as if to look for guidance. “Saga isn’t her own. When she was just a small child her mother and I did something. She was showing signs of a large capability for magic, more than the average pureblood, even before her magic fully manifested and there were talk off The First Witch looking for witches to.. drain. So we did what any parent would do and got some of her magic depot stored away!” Reuben hadn’t talk about this for a very long time and saying it out loud, he had to remind himself that yes! he had done the right thing! Despite the stabbing regret he was dealing with now.. “We didn’t know at the time, because we were desperate and just took the help we could get. She’s our only child. We couldn’t risk losing her. But the price.” That damn price!! “I’m can’t face her or let her know until I’ve fixed this. She’ll have to return without seeing me. Without knowing. It’s for the best.“ By the time he was done talking, he had actually calmed down properly. Not surprisingly. It had been bottled up for quite a while. And the underlying pressure from Michael hadn’t helped.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyLør Jan 15, 2022 10:51 pm

As the witch went on to tell him about the demons’ operation, he sent a simultaneous prayer to one of his younger brothers. It was always easiest to get information like that sent immediately. With everything that occupied his mind, he was bound to forget or delay it otherwise. He lowered his gaze to the ground as the mangabey started to draw a map in the dirt. Circling an area that was north of Pinar Del Rio. He’d make sure that got checked out. Even if it wasn’t much, it was better than nothing. “Thank you. I’ve passed your information on. And should you ever find yourself in trouble with these demons again, pray to Zerachiel. Not anyone else.” The privilege of prayers such as this—one where the angel was commanded to drop everything and answer the call instantaneously, wasn’t something he granted anyone, let alone witches. But since he was close family to Saga and had done nothing but show cooperation in the past as well as now, it was the least he could do. Though if he was anything like Saga, he’d probably not put it to use. Not unless it was a matter of life and death. And neither did he want it another way.

He understood where his anger came from. Demon possession was a terrible thing, but he wasn’t going to sugarcoat the truth when it regarded his daughter. And perhaps if he knew she wasn’t okay, he’d be more willing to help. “I know how it sounds. Believe me, I’d never intended any harm to fall upon her. But I’m afraid it’s an inevitable consequence of associating with me.” His voice remained calm as opposed to the witch’s angry outburst. For the first time deviating from his otherwise quiet way of speaking, what he assumed was a wish not to draw unwanted attention. And truthfully, Michael wished he could pardon people from the danger surrounding him. He wished to God he could take all their suffering and endure them instead. If he could do that, many of his loved ones would still be alive today, and they’d most definitely lived better and more peacefully. He sighed as he glanced at the house, first looking back when Reuben spoke again.

He was confused for a moment, because if they both were here because of each other, then what hindered their meeting for all this time? For seventy-seven years, he’d been gone because of her. Yet, she had been left in the dark about it. He then realized that he had tried to keep her safe from something. There was no other explanation if he truly was as caring as he presented himself to be. He continued, speaking of what he assumed had started it all. They didn’t want the First Witch to drain her for magic, so they did so themselves? Or rather they’d stored it away. But wasn’t that essentially the same thing? Anyway, he figured this had to do with the magic depot—that it somehow had been discovered years later which had sent her father onto this quest. He stepped closer to him as he continued, getting nearer the core of the issue. “What was the price?” he had to ask, worry rushing over him at the mention, if not because of the way Reuben spoke of it. He tilted his head slightly back as he stated that he couldn’t face her. “Why not?” He didn’t know why he’d gotten so invested in her life, or along what lines it had happened, but he needed to know more. Her father had to explain it in more detail if he was to grant his wish of her not knowing altogether. He needed a reason for why he deemed it to be for the best. Otherwise, he’d just feel guilty for needing to keep it a secret from her. He couldn’t simply place him in a difficult position like that. “Mr. Rhyss, I’m sure she’ll understand.” And even if she wasn’t going to understand parts of it, he was certain she’d prefer the truth over anything.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyMan Jan 24, 2022 9:03 pm

What was the price? The price was without a doubt the worst part of it all and also the part in which Reuben felt the most shameful of. Many times before, he had questioned his own right to be a father and the privilege of his daughter’s unconditional love. “It’s her.” There was an attempt to not let the huge amount of regret fill his voice when he revealed the answer but it wasn’t any easy task. There was a reason why he didn’t disclose this information to anyone. Slightly deflated, the witch lowered his head before picking it back up with a heavier inhale. Unlike his daughter, emotions weren’t as veiled on his face and especially not in his eyes that almost seemed a tiny bit clearer. Although, they didn’t look directly at Michael at the time. ”He wanted her in some way. He didn’t explain any further and the worst of it? We agreed to it, thinking we could break of the deal easily afterwards when she was safe,” he explained, sensing the heavy boulder on his shoulders even more so now than usual. “At first, we thought he might be her future mate. You see, he was a siphoner. There had been theories about how it all worked in their regards and already then, he was a powerful one so perhaps he knew something about what was to come. But when the time came it wasn’t his name that presented itself on her.”
Next to them, Crone, the monkey, had thrown the stick away again and walked on long legs to instead sit down by his witch’s side. The familiar’s demeanour wasn’t exactly worrisome but rather supportive. It didn’t grab its witch’s hand or anything. Just sat there. Only looked up shortly and then turned its almost humanlike eyes to the angel instead. Occasionally looking to the side, out over the vacant landscape that surrounded the farmhouse. It was dark. But it would still be considered a bright night. “What happened instead, was that she began experiencing what we witches call ‘renewals’; where ones mate dies prematurely and is replaced by a new. It’s nothing new but for Saga it was frequent. It’s painful and as a father I hated to see it. So after the third time, that was where I.. well.. left. In hopes of doing something about it.” There wasn’t any real evidence pointing to it having anything to do with anything but ever since he’d set out for a way to fix things, Saga hadn’t had to endure that agony again. Could it really just be a coincidence?
Reuben looked to Michael at last, already expecting a stone-cold judgement, so even if he’d been correct, he didn’t falter. “I’m telling you all this with full trust that you won’t be re-telling it to Saga. Maybe you think me a bad father for keeping something like this from her but it’s for her own good. There’s no telling what she’ll do if she found out that she’s not her own.” If Michael had been around Saga for long enough, Reuben was sure, the angel would’ve caught on to her strong demands of independence. She wasn’t shy about talking about her opinions about the mate mark for any who made the mistake of starting that conversation with her. “When it’s fixed, she’ll know.”

Despite the very heavy topic, a smile still pulled though onto Reuben’s lips when Michael stated that, surely Saga would understand. However, the smile wasn’t genuine. It was the kind of smile that occurred in an obscure disbelieving humour. “It would seem that you and Saga have gotten quite close for you to say that so confidently,huh,” he pointed out while crossing his arms. Since august, huh? It was surprising actually. That these two of all people, would’ve crossed paths and then stayed on it. It was an odd pairing.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTirs Jan 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Her father was remorseful and repentant; wanting to do right by fixing his past mistakes. He wanted to shelter his daughter from the truth because the truth would hurt more than his absence did. And he knew that was sufficient evidence to grant his acceptance. He wasn’t half as forgiving as some of his kindred. But accept, he could. There was some rationale to the ordeal; that they in desperation had resorted to a solution that they thought would save their daughter, without much thought for the consequences. So, even if he disapproved and felt pangs of anger directed at their recklessness, even if his heart dropped, knowing she was promised away on accounts in which she had no say, he remained calm. He stood in silence as he explained it all, varying little in expression with his stern gaze fixed on the witch, only straying once to the familiar when they moved towards their witch. “I appreciate your sincerity and acts of contrition, though it is no secret I disagree on the matter.” He turned his gaze to the farmland beside them before he breathed in. As much as it pained him to keep secrets from someone of this sort, he tried to sympathize with his situation, and rationalize why it was best that way. For one, he didn’t want to add to the pain she currently felt, and two, he genuinely thought it was her father who ought to be the one to tell her. Of course, he could take this opportunity to drag him inside, showing little care for his wishes. But that was interfering far more than he’d like and so when he looked back at the witch, he assented. “I won’t tell her.” He had little to gain from this in turn, except hope that he would keep his promise of telling her once it was fixed. But with seventy-seven years of trying, he doubted that would happen anytime soon. Nor would he get many chances to tell her besides from tonight, so it wasn’t like the secret-keeping would weigh on him for long.

A flicker of joy passed his expression. When he looked back it was in fondness. That was the greatest feeling he’d take with him. And he truly wished he could spend more time with her and grow even closer. “Yes, sir. I’ve been fortunate to have met her.” However, to keep meeting with her would be an irresponsible thing, so the memories they shared would have to suffice. Not because he was an angel and she a witch, which to most would seem the strangeness or wrongness of it, but because he couldn’t with good reason let her be drawn into his life more than she already had. Nor should he think she’d object to it.

May God help you prosper on your continuous journey.” He bowed his head in farewell and gave Crone an acknowledging glance before he turned to walk back inside. If he didn’t want Saga to know of his whereabouts, he’d only risk her discovery by sticking around. He stopped in the doorway to the living room, watching Saga to make sure she was asleep and thus undisturbed by his meeting with her father. Which was how Reuben would have wanted it. For her to be perfectly unaware of everything he’d been told. He then ventured closer to sit quietly in the adjacent chair next to her. Since he’d gotten to know that she’d used magic, he couldn’t get himself to leave her side. Her state had been bad enough as it was, but now it had been made worse. So, he sat there waiting until she’d wake. In the meantime, he thought of a way to deter her from staying in Cuba. Her father hadn’t been any help in that regard. There was no healing remedy to be given, or an alternative explanation to hand her since the truth had to wait. So, it either came down to him insisting on bringing her home or lying to her face, which didn’t put him in any favorable position. And then again, if he simply forced her, she’d think worse of him and she’d presumably not wish to see another meeting between them.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyOns Jan 26, 2022 12:43 pm

Reuben didn’t seek forgiveness. How could what had been done be forgiven? No. All he really had pleaded for was more time. The addition of understanding was simply another benefit that helped calm his regret. It would never be calmed completely and if anything, it was part of his own personal punishment but… a sliver of it had been affected. Even more so when those four words finally sounded from Michael. I won’t tell her. The burden on his shoulder’s were lifted but the relief made him able to breathe again and somehow he felt as if he could just collapse to the ground in gratefulness. Of course, he didn’t. The closest he got was the way his shoulders sank and his neck for a moment relaxed, bringing back the natural slouch to the man’s posture. How he had won the heart of someone like Hyacinth Krauss was unclear. Mate or not. “Thank you,” he uttered. “I knew I could entrust this to you. You are a good man, Michael.” He really was. He was now and he had been back in the days.

Oh? Now what was this? This change in the air. Even averting to call him ‘Mr’ to now use ‘Sir’. The praising words did also give a warm, prideful feeling to the witch although the urge of an extra firm handshake also peeped through in him. The smile already there only grew, however. So at least someone had realized the wonders of his perfect daughter. For that, his protectiveness was overruled by delight.

A light chuckle was given to the departing phrase in all it’s irony. Not that Reuben meant any disrespect, just found the slight humour in it. As an unholy being he didn’t despise the holy ones – clearly! Saga’s neutrality was her own, yes, but it had also something to do with the environment she’d grown up in. “Du aurch.” He then did the act after Michael, nodding his head a wordless farewell before staying to watch the archangel walk away and around the house. Out of sight the visible smile faded and a deep breath re-established new tension in his body as doubt crept forward. Doubt if there was an end to what he was doing. Or if there was another way.

Inside the dark living room, the little female witch was still fast asleep. Unaware. She hadn’t moved around much, stilling laying facing the back of the couch and arms tugged tightly and nicely in between the couch and her chest. The blanked pulled halfway up her shoulders, providing her with more comfort than actual warmth. Because she already experienced plenty of warmth with the risen fever. Her cheeks were very red and her breathing, while delicate as when one slept, it was also heavier and at times; irregular. Her skin was starting to get covered by a faint sheen of a cold sweat. But at least she was sleeping, resting properly.
She was the only one not awake, though, as the movement of him sitting down near her, had two pointy, black ears perk up followed by a head. The kitten hadn’t moved either since having snuggled up to the witch until now where it rose enough to get yellow eyes look at the figure of the angel, tilting its head as if it recognized the concern in his eyes even in the very dim lighting. But then another sound had it suddenly turn its head and looked to the front door instead. Reuben entered carefully; hands already raised for good measure in case Michael hadn’t sensed him. One tackle should be enough for a night. And when met with no tackle he moved one of his hands to his lips and holding an index finger across them. “Before I go.. You said she was hurt?” Michael didn’t need to answer, because as soon as his eyes turned to the figure in the couch, he knew it to be true. The red sigil by her shoulder was staring right at him like a bloody eye. And the white hair was like a beacon from how moonlight shun in and reflected into it. He gulped. He quickly moved closer, making the kitten stand up and put its front paw on her arm as if either protecting her or greeting him. The sight of the kitten actually brought another smile to his face. “Hallo. Hatten Sie das Gefühl, dass sie etwas Nähe brauchte, hm?” Gently, he reached a hand to the kitten, let it sniff his hand and then when allowed he stroked the black fur. Circe wasn’t there. It was concerning in itself.

His eyes then glided from the kitten to his daughters sleeping face. How much had she potentially grown since he’d been away? If anyone knew how she hid behind content if was him, having witnessed it since she was little. But instead of reaching forward to stroke her face as well, he squatted down to be in proper hight for the injury before turning to look to Michael. “You didn’t say she’d strained herself this much,” he pointed out, trying not to sound like he was blaming him, but it had made his chest squeeze. It didn’t look like much. It was just pigment lost. Still, it didn’t just happen by casting one too many spells. He looked away again, lifting a hand to hover above the gash. “Healing is usually my wife’s expertise, you know.” A faint dark grey light started emitting from the parts where skin had been broken and as it did, it almost looked like organic matter started to grow with high speed. Layer from layer, closing up the wound until there only was flawless pale skin left to see when he lowered his hand again. “But at least I can do as much.” Saga had silently groaned and pulled a pained expression in her sleep but as soon as it was done, she’d calmed down again. Still not waking up, surprisingly.

“… I can take her home for you. She won’t be the least pleased with waking up and finding her choice being made for her but that is what you want, isn’t it? To get her home.”
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyOns Jan 26, 2022 11:28 pm

It wasn’t long after he’d sat down that he heard approaching footsteps and abandoned his casual position. He’d thought Reuben had said and done everything he needed to, but it seemed that something had made him change his mind about leaving. It was either that or the temptation of seeing his daughter that had driven him to enter the farmhouse. He was still on high alert in case it wasn’t him. But once it was confirmed, he relaxed his posture. He waited on a sign or declaration of his intentions, then turned his head to look at Saga since it seemed to be about his worry for her condition. He nodded in response before resuming his seat in the chair. The way her father approached let him know that she wasn’t a light sleeper. The kitten, however, was aware of his presence just as it had been of Michael. A soft smile spread on his lips as Reuben spoke to it. It seemed as if they’d found closeness and comfort in each other.  

He looked indignantly to Reuben as he remarked that he’d understated her injuries. Because would it have made a difference? He was here now, presumably because he’d mentioned she was hurt at all. Had he any intention of helping with that, he’d thought him to address it then. His gaze then focused on the sigil as the healing proceeded and the wound disappeared. The whole time he wondered if Saga would wake, and how that scenario would play out. If Reuben would prove to be a coward and flee before she got a glimpse of him, or if he’d changed his mind about that now he was this close to her. Alas, she remained sound asleep through it all. A surprised look passed him as Reuben offered to bring her home and he turned to meet his gaze. His mind changed for the better about him. He didn’t know how he would do it, nor did he care, because it was an offer that eased his parting with her tremendously. “Yes.” Home was far better than here. It was where he’d wanted to send her the moment she felt better if he got his way. “I’d like it if you could see to it,” he extended his response, then glancing back to Saga. His only regret was the lack of a proper goodbye between them. So, the thought crossed him to leave a note. But it was pushed out as quickly as it’d gotten there. For what could he possibly say? There wasn’t to be another meeting between them. And hadn’t he just moments prior told himself that it was better if he thought him imperious? For her to dislike him enough so that she wouldn’t attempt to contact him. And even if she tried by calling, the phone number on the card he’d given her would remain as it was, and it would tell her that the number no longer was in service. Making it clear that he didn’t wish to speak to her.

Thank you.” He took in a deep breath before he rose from his seat, this time outstretching a hand for him to shake. And with the last gesturing bow with his head, he let go of his hand and vanished. The farmhouse stripped from his aura of comfort and safety. He arrived in his office in Heaven to stacks of documents and letters piled on his desk and sank into the leather chair. Taking the last moments of peace to gather himself from the journey. Not once glancing to the work in front of him, but at a painting that depicted the battle of Heaven; him in the forefront as the champion with a sword raised victoriously and his foot placed on the fallen serpent. It was two minutes to be exact before his assistant opened the door. A brief greeting followed before she began informing him of what he’d missed while he’d been gone. And thus Cuba became a thing of the past.
Saga C. Rhyss

Saga C. Rhyss

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 EmptyMan Jan 31, 2022 7:26 pm

“Very well.” With a little magic, bringing Saga back home wouldn’t be a problem at all. It wouldn’t even delay his other inquiries even if that was an actual concern of his. The only possible problem, that could happen would be for him to not want to leave her side in the end. He nodded and then pressed his lips together as he looked down from Michael while turning his head to Saga and looking back up at her. She’d want to stay. Finish whatever the two of the had started. But sometimes, one wouldn’t get what one wished for. Not even her. Not when she was in no proper state to make sure of it, like she was now. It was such a shame, albeit the parent was known to know best. He pushed himself up from his squat to accept the firm handshake as well as the thanks, and Reuben tried figuring out just what thoughts were running through the ancient angel’s head at that time. Because there hadn’t been much hesitation from his side. He’d taken the offer almost as soon as it had been given to him. Just how deep ran that worry for the little witch? Reuben nodded again as a reply and had he decided to say anything, it wouldn’t have had a chance to reach the receiver before the house suddenly stood empty of Heavenly grace impersonated. As if angel song was always faintly audible when Michael was in the room, the house felt quieter in that moment. No more innately sensation of attentions demands. It was strange to an extent.

An even deeper sigh than the many times before pushed forth from Reuben’s chest as he stood close to the couch, looking down at the sleeping figure of his daughter. The kitten looked curiously back at him as it didn’t know what was going to happen. How it was essentially going to be to its own devices once more. Although it must have felt something along those lines, because the moment he reached down to place two fingers on Saga’s forehead to ensure she’d stay asleep, it spiked its back slightly and laid its ears flat down. One would think it was trying to warn a predator to stay away but it was also too young to fully be able to. Reuben just smiled at his and silently apologies to the kitten for having to take his daughter with him, especially as it already seemed to have imprinted.
The shuffled movement of him getting his arms gently under Saga and getting her moved around to lay probably in his arms was enough to make the kitten jump off itself and looked confused from the floor. She was as light as he remembered. No matter how much she grew or how much she changed, she’d still fit perfectly right there in his arm. As perfectly has she’d done the day she’d been born. “Lass uns dich nach Hause bringen,” he mumbled, clearly feeling the fever heath from her body through his clothes.

Circe had greeted him upon his arrival. Stunned, probably. Expecting to see Reuben Rhyss in person as much as their witch would be. And the greeting wasn’t much of a greeting as after recognising him they became distant. If an animal could glare disapprovingly, they had mastered it. However, the white familiar didn’t interfere as Saga was brought up the stairs and finally laid down in her bed. The sun was slowly rising in Oakheart but in collaboration with the sleeping spell put on her, she didn’t so much as stir yet and the male witch’s focus pulled toward the white crow, that had landed on the bedside table, looking at its witch in the bed, at the state of her and made the coward wait to have those golden eyes turn towards him. Reuben didn’t say anything only put his finger to his lips once again. Don’t say anything..

Nearly 19 hours passed without Saga waking up as her body needed the intense rest. Not only due to the recent strain but she hadn’t let it rest like this for a long time before now. She was met by the darkness of a wintery night when her eyes finally opened, first slightly blurry until they cleared up. It was funny, really, because a part of her wasn’t actually surprised to see what she saw: The all too familiar surroundings of her own room nor the feeling of home. Her brows still furrowed in disbelieving confusion, though, while her mind adjusted properly and confirmed that this indeed wasn’t the living room of the farmhouse in Cuba. She slowly pushed herself up in her arms, immediately feeling the dizziness and nausea of the fever still in her as well as the dehydration. But it was bearable. She’d been sick like this before. She scouted her room just as four white paws jumped and landed in mattress in front of her, hoarding her immediate attention and meowed purringly. A relieved welcome home. She then sat up properly to run a hand through the perfect long fur. She always felt more comfortable like this. Close to Circe and ..home. But she was left with a heavy feeling in her chest.
Michael wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Or felt. He’d brought her home, against her will. Against her personal choice. He must’ve. Waiting for her to fall asleep. She felt betrayed. She couldn’t help it. Her pride was hurt. She slowly pulled up her legs as she sat there, eventually wrapping her arms around them and curving her back. On the outside she didn’t seem emotional at all. Melancholic and veiled. On the inside was it was a different story of things she tried to either suppress or explain off. She’d tried making it clear that she wasn’t lying when saying she was fine and yet… How was it so difficult for people to believe?!

There was then also another thing that bothered her and she raised her head to look out in the room again. How had Michael managed to get inside?...

// out
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Godspeed [cw]   Godspeed [cw] - Page 4 Empty

Godspeed [cw]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 4 af 4Gå til side : Forrige  1, 2, 3, 4

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: IX-
Gå til: