Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

The Adversary [Fortidsemne]

Go down 
Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
ForfatterBesked
Michael

Michael

Antal indlæg : 652

The Adversary [Fortidsemne] Empty
IndlægEmne: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTors Okt 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Place: Denver, Colorado, USA
Time: 16.20 - 4th of May 1869
Weather: 18 degrees, partly cloudy
Dedicated to: @Ezekiel
Outfit

He was riding his brown mustang through the dusty, empty lands. He had sent a letter to his friend - a fellow angel - about his arrival to Denver, but she hadn’t shown up. He’d waited about two days, asking the locals about her, but they hadn’t seen or heard anything unusual. At this point, he figured his best bet was to show up at her house. It didn’t look like her not to not show up, so he had a feeling that something was wrong.

As he reached the farmhouse, he got off his horse and bound it to a post near a water through. He let his gaze rest on the house for a few moments before he walked to the porch and knocked on the wooden door. He looked a bit through the window beside the door, but couldn’t see anyone, so he wondered if she was even home. He knocked once more, before he placed his hand on the doorknob and opened it, making it creak slightly as he stepped inside of the home. He looked around for any signs of her having left the place, but it all looked normal. He knew that if she still lived here, she wouldn’t be alarmed by him coming inside of her home, after all they’d known each other for many years now. “Lydia?” he called out as he entered the living area of the house.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyOns Nov 20, 2019 12:09 am

This task had gone incredibly smoothly thus far. Most of his assignments did, but really... It had been a really long time since someone had been as gullible and easy to catch as the angel whose looks and voice he was currently using. He had gotten as close as he could to the werewolf she had known, getting as much info on her as he could, as was his task, and all of it without her thinking anything was amiss, since he had studied the angel for about two months before he'd taken her place, to ensure that he could act just like her, and speak with her exact dialect and small idioms, too. He never let such things slip by.

But here he was, actually having a day off as he walked around, still with his body being in the form of this woman, as he made sure the house was kept as pristine looking as he'd been able to see that she had kept it, too. He'd hidden her dead body by burying it in the yard, and planting a tree right on top of it... Knowing that would help the decomposition along, as the tree would break down her body faster than it would on its own, and it also hid how the earth had been turned by him burying her.

He'd just been washing some dishes, since he'd had the werewolf over the night before - when he looked out the window, and could see a horse he hadn't seen before. Wait - was someone else here, now? And who on earth could that be? He got a bit of his answer, as he heard the knocking on the door, followed by the front door opening, and a male voice echoing through the rooms.

Wait... Was this... The man he'd seen a few letters from, that had arrived a month ago? He tried his luck. "... Michael? Is that you?" he said in Lydia's sweet voice, with just the same intonation on the words as she'd have used, as he stepped into the living room - wearing a long, flowy, white dress, one he'd seen her wear a lot, so it was obviously one of her favorites. From the moment he entered the room, he knew there was going to be trouble, though - with the scent he got from the guy. Another bloody angel. And knowing how they could sense one's moral compass... He knew he'd sense that change probably right away, that this was probably not the angel he was used to seeing.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTors Nov 21, 2019 2:49 pm

He looked at some letters on a table, but before picking one of them up, he heard Lydia’s familiar voice and turned around. When his eyes landed on her, he realized that she wasn’t an angel. Her aura was gone and her moral compass reeked of murder. He didn’t know what it meant, so he decided not to say anything and let things play out a bit. Instead, a wide smile showed on his face. It was normally his first reaction to seeing her. “I’m sorry to show up like this,” he apologized and took of his hat. “But you didn’t reply my letters so I figured I'd come by and make sure you were okay,” he explained, looking at her with a calm gaze. It wasn’t like her to not reply, so if she had any excuse, now was the time to tell him. Michael always wanted to make sure his angels were okay, so it did trouble him to know that something had happened. He didn’t know what it was, if she’d been turned into another creature, and in that case, what creature it was. He just knew that it was something dark and that was perhaps the reason why she hadn’t replied. She'd recognized his voice, he thought, so it didn't occur to him that the person in front of him wasn't Lydia. “How have you been?” he asked, watching her carefully to see if she was going to play along or reveal what had happened.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTors Nov 21, 2019 8:18 pm

He knew the angel had to have picked up on the change. He just had to. But he wasn't acting on it? At least not yet. Hmm. Well, time to play the role as he had been doing this past month, he guessed. Of course, none of his thoughts showed on his features. They never did, unless he let them. Thousands of years of training did that to you.

"Oh! No no, don't worry - I should've answered you sooner," 'she' sighed, brushing a bit of hair behind an ear, biting 'her' lip. "I'm so, so sorry... I wanted to, but I kept forgetting... You see... Nathalie hasn't been feeling too well these past few months, I've used most of my time at her house and with her pack... I guess I've been too worried about her to manage to get around to answering your letters." 'she' sighed, seeming genuinely concerned for Nathalie's well being. Of course, that very werewolf was the one that was his real task in all of this. The angel, whose looks and voice he was now using, was merely a casualty of his mission.

"Really, besides worrying myself sick over her, I've been fine. I just hope you can forgive me for forgetting to reply to you. I'm really, really sorry." and then 'she' looked him in the eyes, that look extremely apologetic in and of itself.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTors Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm

He lifted his chin slightly as she decided to play along, apologizing for not returning his letters. He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned someone named Nathalie, a werewolf, it sounded like. Of course, it did sound angel-like to help someone who wasn’t feeling well, but it still seemed strange of her to ‘forget’ to reply him. At least when you considered how she usually acted around him. “Don’t worry about it,” he said, as she kept telling him she was sorry. It was probably the last thing she should ask forgiveness for, considering the murder she’d committed. She seemed sincerely concerned about the werewolf, but it didn’t add up to her recent moral actions, so perhaps her being with the pack was about something else. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked, talking about the werewolf. He alreadey suspected that she was lying, so he was only asking to see if she'd have trouble continuing the story.

Michael didn’t buy her apologetic look and it seemed like she wasn’t going to tell him what really went on. He walked a few steps closer to her, looking into her eyes with a stoic expression. “I don’t believe you,” he said. She was good, her acting had been on point, but he didn’t believe her story one bit, about helping the werewolf. He knew she wasn't telling him the whole truth. “Are you sure you shouldn't ask my forgiveness for something else you've done?” he asked, letting her know that he had caught on to that part of her. He hoped that she felt remorse, that there was a good explanation behind the darkness he sensed, but so far he couldn’t think of any.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyFre Nov 22, 2019 12:02 am

'She' breathed a small sigh of relief when he told her not to worry about it. Ezekiel, though, was still on edge behind that facade. The angel seemed to dismiss it all too readily... So, two could play at this game, maybe? ... Hmm. Anyway, he had an excuse ready for just such an occasion as this. A well-prepared story. You had to have that, to be a successful spy in the way he did all of his spying, after all.

"It seems like some of the humans might have caught on to what she is. Somehow, they got quicksilver into her system... It's really a nasty situation. I'm trying to speak on her behalf - she really has done nothing wrong, she hasn't harmed a single human, but it's really hard to convince them otherwise..." 'she' sighed, and there was even a sniffle and a lone, single tear sliding down the cheek. of course he'd learned how to cry on command ages ago. "I'm really scared they'll still try to kill her. She's been one of my best friends for years, now..."

'Lydia' looked up at him with that tearful expression when he said he didn't believe her. "For something else? What should that be? I haven't done anything other than try to help her! Michael, you're really scaring me right now..." Ezekiel never backed out of a role unless he really had to - which was why he gave it one last try to convince the angel. If this didn't work... Well, he guessed he'd have to show his true colors, then. But for now, he hoped this act of innocence would still work, even if it was clear as day that Michael had, indeed, caught on to just how crooked Ezekiel's moral compass was.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyFre Nov 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Her story seemed valid. Under different circumstances, he would've believed it no questions asked. The tear on her face made him doubt himself, made him think that it really was the Lydia he knew and that there was a good explanation for the change. “It’s okay… I won’t let them kill her,” he assured her. Now that he was here, he could make sure of that. “But perhaps the pack should consider moving. Humans can be quite superficial, I don't think they will let her be,” he said. It didn’t take much for them to believe whatever they wanted to, that witches were always evil or that spirits were the reason things broke.

He tilted his head slightly as she asked him what it should be. He wasn’t stupid, so why did she play innocent? Why didn’t she want to tell him the truth? Most angels wouldn’t dream of keeping secrets from an archangel, they’d feel too guilty for doing so. “You have no reason to fear me… but I don’t know why you’re lying to me,” he said, shifting between her eyes. He didn't understand what she was doing, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't make up an explanation for her behavior. “I just need to know what has happened to you,” he said, making sure he was still a few meters away from her. The last thing he wanted was for her to be scared.  “You’re not an angel anymore, Lydia,” he said, specifying what it was he’d sensed about her. He looked down at the hat in his hands, wondering why she hadn’t just told him. She was different, no doubt, but it was still Lydia, wasn’t it? He looked back at her, waiting for her to tell him what really went on.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyFre Nov 22, 2019 7:33 pm

'Her' face showed utter relief when Michael said he wouldn't let them kill her. Of course, inwardly, Ezekiel couldn't care less about that damn wolf - other than the fact that this gig would pay him handsomely in the end. For all he cared, she could go die in a hole. But he knew the angel had cared an awful lot about her, so he made sure to show off that part of her personality, of course. "I... I'll tell them next time I see them. I... They won't be happy, they've lived here for generations, but... Yes... It's much better than her risking her life..." 'Lydia' said, sniffling again and wiping away the tear, before 'her' full attention was back on Michael.

He kept up the facade for just a bit more, but the moment Michael mentioned that 'she' wasn't an angel anymore, well, he knew the gig would be up sooner or later. And he'd rather have things come out on his own term, than the angel quite literally forcing it out of him, instead. So... Why not just let his true colors show, now? So he did.

The tearful, frightened expression slowly bled into a dark, crooked smirk, 'her' eyes locking with Michael's before Ezekiel slowly let the blackness engulf the entirety of his eyes, betraying his demonic heritage. He did still have her voice and looks other than that, though. "Oooh, you're a clever boy, aren't you? You're the first one in over two millenia to see through my disguise this quickly.... Bravo." now, to see if the angel thought, as many others, that he had merely possessed her body.... When what he actually did was, arguably, even worse.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyLør Nov 23, 2019 6:57 pm

He nodded, agreeing that she should tell her. It was a long shot to expect them to give up if they already thought she was a freak. It wasn’t worth risking her life over and moving was a small sacrifice for getting some peace.

His expression changed as hers did, looking at her eyes turning black. He wasn't that surprised by the reveal. He already knew he was up against something dark. It was unfortunate that the demon had chosen Lydia. He didn't want her to go through any pain and certainly not a demon possesion. Michael scoffed at the demon’s comment, looking briefly away from him to see if there were any dark objects laying around. “I must admit, your act was pretty convincing,” he said, looking back at the demon in front of him while his smile fainted. He expected the demon to attack him, so when it didn’t, he went ahead and started an exorcism. If the demon had possessed Lydia, it was the only way to get her back. “Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii,” he said, looking at the demon, but nothing happened. Not the usual flinching or signs of pain from an exorcism. “Omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica...” he continued, but still nothing. He narrowed his eyes as he realized she wasn’t possessed, wondering what had happened to her instead. He didn't believe that Lydia had gone darkside and returned as a demon. He wouldv'e known if she became fallen. The only thing that made sense was that it was some sort of shapeshifting demon.

What have you done to her?” he asked and placed his hat on a dresser so his hands were free. He’d run into shapeshifters many times, and they usually either locked the person up or killed them off. He didn’t intend on hurting it, not if he could avoid it. His demeanor was just as calm and controlled as before. He had many questions, so hurting it wasn't going to help - even if it did reveal that it'd killed her. “What’s the real reason you are you here?” he then asked. It was always the same with demons. They had some sort of purpose, something they wanted to achieve, whether that was coming from an order of a higher demon or for their own personal gain.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptySøn Nov 24, 2019 2:44 pm

"Why, thank you." he simply said, letting a pleasant smile show on 'Lydia's face, just, of course, with those jet black eyes still giving away that it wasn't really her. He did pride himself on how difficult it usually was for people to sense something being amiss. The humans and that one werewolf hadn't caught on to anything, for example. And he'd been able to lie his way out of the werewolf questioning his smell a little. The clothes had also masked it a bit, he guessed.

Of course he didn't attack the angel. Not that he didn't want to, he really did - but he wasn't really the fighting type, unless he really had to. He hated fighting. He loved killing, but he hated the chase and the fight before it. But if there was no other option, well, he was more than adequately trained in martial arts.

When the angel began his exorcism, as so many others had before him, Ezekiel simply laughed. More like low, dark chuckles, but he did laugh. He even made a show out of languidly stretching as if to rub it in the angel's face that the exorcism wasn't doing squat. "Ooh, you figured it out, did you? You should know how many people have tried exorcisms on me before. But no, no no no, I don't do the whole possession stuff. That's a bit too cliché, isn't it?" he then said, smiling and tilting his head just a little bit to the side.

"Hmm... No, I can't tell you. The contract clearly states I won't share any details of the mission, nor any details about my client. And if there's one thing I always do, it's adhering to my contracts." that was the only real moral code he had - if he promised something, or included it in his contracts, he was damn well going to stick by it. "So why don't you just... Run along, hmm? When there's clearly nothing for you to gain by staying here, since I'm not going to tell you anything?"
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Nov 26, 2019 1:54 pm

The demon didn’t want to tell Michael about the contract, which was somewhat expected, but he didn’t see why he couldn’t tell him about Lydia. He frowned, slightly worried, fearing what it could mean. “And Lydia?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. Surely, she wasn’t a part of the contract but merely a piece in his game. “I have a hard time believing killing an angel was a part of your contract… so, where is she?” he asked, clearly trying to restrain his emotions. He hoped to God that she was still alive somewhere, but demons weren’t exactly known for sparing lives and perhaps it could only shapeshift if it had killed the person first.

It suggested that he moved on, but Michael just scoffed and crossed his arms. “That’s not true,” he said, shaking his head at his statement. He could certainly gain more from this meeting, if that’s what he wanted, however the reason for him staying wasn’t a selfish one. “I’m sorry but I can’t let you harm anyone… so unless you tell me about your contract I’m not going anywhere,” he said taking another step towards the demon. “But listen… if you leave this place alone I promise that I won’t come after you… and hopefully our paths will never have to cross again,” he said, wondering if the demon was smart enough to take the offer. Michael knew it would make other contracts down the line, but at least it wouldn’t involve killing anyone now. It wasn't often that he let demons go, but he knew he'd do things he'd regret if it came down to a fight. He'd take out his anger and hatred on the demon responsible for harming Lydia and there was absolutely nothing merciful about the things he was thinking.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Nov 26, 2019 5:39 pm

"True, true... It wasn't." Ezekiel simply said, smiling that pleasant but completely cold smile of his. "She's doing rather well, if you consider what a good fertilizer she's made for the tree out in the back. It's never looked more healthy than it does now," he then said, with that same smile on his lips, very clearly not regretting even one bit that he'd killed the angel. "Her soul was very delicious, by the way. Had an almost... Flowery note to it?" it was perhaps obvious, but he really only added this to rile up the angel a bit - he liked playing around like that. Mind games were his forte - in contrast to how other types of demons might prefer physical battle, it was pretty typical for soul demons, such as himself, to prefer the mind games instead.

And then, he sighed. "Hmm... I guess I don't have to stay here anymore, truth be told... My job's done already... I just like to go above and beyond expectations..." it was how he'd gotten his incredibly good reputation among other demons and similarly dark creatures, after all. That he always upheld his part of a deal, and he would always perform exceptionally well, even if it cost him a bit more than what he actually gained from it. He brushed a hand through the long hair, looking thoughtful for a moment. "... Even for an angel, you're more merciful than I'd expect... Not many would just let me leave. What're you playing at?" he then asked, narrowing his eyes - it just seemed too good to be true. That he could do his mission and just be let off like that, after an angel found him, and one who had been her friend, no less...
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Nov 26, 2019 9:28 pm

When the demon admitted that it’d killed her, he clenched his jaw and looked out the window to the backyard. She hadn't deserved to go like that. She'd been one of the kindest souls he'd met and now she was gone. Thanks to the black-eyed piece of shit in front of him. He then took a deep breath in, as if that would damp his emotions. When the demon went on to say that her soul tasted delicious, he just glared at it, fighting the urge to stab or throttle it. “Shut up,” he snarled. He knew that it was only saying it to annoy him, and it worked, but it wasn’t exactly doing anything to prevent itself from getting hurt.

The demon admitted that it’s job here was done, so leaving wouldn’t be a problem. Michael couldn’t help but think that it had probably hurt more people than Lydia, but no matter what, there would be consequences. Besides, he believed in karma, and that the demon would eventually get its rightful punishment. He tilted his head as the demon seemed surprised by his good action. “Hm, right… about that. I can’t quite let you go yet,” he admitted. “My father doesn't approve of my plan…  so you’re stuck here for now,” he continued, shrugging his shoulders, as if that meant the decision was out of his hands. He had a very close connection to God and if he wasn’t okay with it, he certainly wasn’t going to let the demon run. “So tell me, what’s your real name?” he asked. From the way the demon acted, he figured it had lived for a while, knowing much more than it was probably willing to tell an angel. If it tried to run, he’d manifest a light shield wherever it tried to exit, so it had to get more creative, if it wantd to get out.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyOns Nov 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Ezekiel did, indeed, shut up when the angel asked him to, though not without a very smug, pleased smirk on his lips. So, he had gotten to him in just the way he hoped to. Fucking with people's minds were one of the best things he knew. How a few choice words could change someone's current emotions completely - it was such a wonderful thing to see, such a power to hold over people.

"Hmm? Really. Is that so. Your 'father'..." Ezekiel sighed, rolled his eyes, and fought down the urge to spit at the mere thought of God. "What has he ever really done, hmm? He's left everything to his children. Letting you do all of the hard, dirty, filthy work for him. What's really in it for you to listen to anything he says? When he just uses you to do all of the shit he doesn't want to do himself?" he really didn't see the point in why any of the angels would ever listen to him when he never intervened, even when some of them died. "I mean... Where was he when I killed her, hmm? He doesn't even help his own children, does he?" and right then, right there, his small, pleased smile had returned.

"My real name? Oh, I think you're going to have a field day with this..." he then said, a dark chuckle escaping him. "You see, my parents had quite a sense of humor..." he locked eyes with Michael before telling him. "Ezekiel." the meaning of his name was just perfect blasphemy - 'God will strengthen'... Ezekiel had never really loved his parents, but he did like the name they had chosen for him. Just because of how much it actually mocked God to have a demon named like that.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Dec 10, 2019 6:20 pm

He nodded when he mentioned his father, taking off his jacket to hang it on the back of a chair. He listened to the demon’s spiteful words about God, but he’d heard it all before. It wasn’t going to change anything. Michael had thought of it many times, how God repeatedly let evil things happen to good people, other angels, himself, but he still stood behind God, serving him above anything else. “There’s plenty of things in it for me, more than you could ever offer… but that’s not what it’s about. I love my job. I love that it's not about me... that it's about helping others and ensuring good prevails,” he said, looking at him with a calm expression. He shook his head at his last sentence. “No, that was all on you,” he said, feeling slightly more furious with the demon. He despised him for what he'd done. It was by far enough motive to kill him and it was probably the only way to prevent him from doing it again in the future. “You’ll burn for that,” he added with a raised voice. That much he knew.

He narrowed his eyes as he revealed his name, clearly not sharing the same humor as his parents. “Is this a joke to you?” he asked, tilting his head slightly as the demon had recently escaped a dark chuckle and smiled throughout their conversation, when there was nothing amusing about this. He was either confident of getting out alive or just plain crazy.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyOns Dec 11, 2019 1:42 pm

It was probably expected the moment one knew exactly what Ezekiel was, but yeah, he didn't particularly like God. Lucifer, however - that was a guy he got along with really, really well. He'd been doing quite a few jobs for him throughout the years - and made sure to visit him every time he could, when he knew where he was, and which form he was in. Then again, it had been Lucifer and some of the highest-ranking demons that had given the order to get Ezekiel's group properly trained for infiltration, so of course there was an extra special bond right there. One of the few actual bonds he had to anybody. So when he heard the angel's next words, he merely rolled his eyes. Each to his own, he guessed. He just really didn't see what could really be worth it - making sure good prevails? Bah. Why would others matter that much to you?

When the angel said he'd burn for it, though - he laughed. Long and loud, before stretching a little bit, and then tilting his head to the side. "I have already. I spent my first three millennia in Hell - don't you think I already know what it's like to burn? I guess you could say I was forged in those flames... With Lucifer's guidance, too..." he visited Hell quite often, too, after all. Sometime he got a bit homesick, after all.

"Of course it is. Do you think you're the only one to try to stop me in all of the years I've been here on Earth, huh? You're by far not the first one, and you won't be the last one." he had a few tricks up his sleeve, after all. He always had multiple escape plans - seeing as physical fighting wasn't really his expertise. he could do it just fine enough, but he preferred to just flee before shit really went down, so right now, he was considering whether he'd just make a Hell portal and slip right back there, or whether he should go invisible and flee that way... Hmm... What to do, what to do...
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptySøn Apr 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Michael raised a brow when the demon laughed again, saying that he’d already burned in hell which made his lips curl into a smile. He simply didn’t believe he’d suffered in the way he meant. “You and me both know that you were torturing souls in hell - not the one to receive it… but even if you did burn, you obviously didn’t learn your lesson,” he said, lowering his chin as he glared at him. If he hated being in hell, he’d act differently on earth – not committing crimes that’d make an archangel want to send him back. The murder of an angel wasn’t something that the Heavens took lightly. The mention of Lucifer made him scoff. Michael knew that he didn’t care for demons, just like he hadn’t cared for humans. “You need to pay for what you’ve done one way or the other, my brother won’t be much of a help in saving you. You see, he only cares about himself,” he said, looking from the demon to the windows as the winds grew stronger. It wasn’t easy to control his wrath, but he managed to not smash the demon’s head against the wall, which was a start. He looked back at the demon as he boldly assumed that Michael wasn’t going to be the one stopping him. “I want you to take a good look at my face then… because I will be the one to kill you,” he said, with a serious tone in his voice. Maybe it wasn’t going to be today, but someday he would. If the demon thought he wasn’t going to be the last one trying, he was wrong. It was what his father commanded of him, and the punishment of chasing Ezekiel was far less than disobeying God. He walked closer to him, grabbing his throat and pushing him up against the wall with a cold look in his eyes. “What are you going to do about it, Ezekiel?” he asked, strengthening his grip around his neck as he raised him up against the wall.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptySøn Jun 07, 2020 10:25 am

"And what lesson would that be, huh? To be 'good'? I was never born or made for that. And I am fully at peace with that." he knew he was a monster in most people's eyes - and he reveled in that fact. The anguished cries of people when he tortured or killed them was just way too good... And the souls all too tasty for him to ever stop.

"Oh, please," Ezekiel scoffed, and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Everybody always picking on Lucifer - he still liked the guy. Each and every conversation they'd ever had, had been utterly delightful. "You say that as if I don't already know what a selfish bastard he is. That's why I like him." it reminded him of himself in so many ways.

He gasped ever so slightly when he felt the hand on his throat, though, pressing him up against the wall, the black eyes yet again focusing on Michael. He didn't answer... But before long, his form changed - as his skin grew dark, teeth sharp, golden horn appearing, his wings unfurling... And on the black wings, there were several symbols etched in gold. Symbols that he had gotten carved into his wings, to ensure he could make a portal even without the use of his hands. And so he did... Making a portal to Hell, on the wall behind him... Pulling back. If Michael was intent on hunting him, he'd have to come with him through the portal... Into the domain were demons like Ezekiel were at their strongest, and he could call for backup from the rest of his 'squad'.

(Link to demon form in the profile, under racial abilities)
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyLør Jun 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I know” he said, as it didn’t take a genius to see that he didn’t have much goodness in him and that he was beyond redemption. However, he would let him go about his evil business if it excluded pointless murder, and especially that of angels. A smile appeared on his lips when he said that he liked the characteristics of his brother. “Then I see why you two get along,” he commented.
Michael didn’t flinch when he changed into his demon form, still glaring at him with the same stoic expression. It wasn’t going to make him release his grip around his throat. However, when he noticed the engravings on his wings, he knew that something was about to happen. And sure enough. A portal appeared behind him. It pulled strongly at them, but Michael was still determined to drag him away from it, despite the darkness emerging from it. In the end, the darkness won, resulting in him falling into the abyss with the demon. Michael landed rather harshly on a stone floor, already feeling the darkness of Hell surround him. He had been in Hell once before, although back then, he’d been prepared for it - or at least that's what he'd thought back then. Nothing could truly prepare you for damnation. He’d made a deal to save someone he loved, resulting in him being locked up in a cage by Lucifer and his demons to torment him for 250 years. He couldn’t let that happen again. He quickly got up behind Ezekiel to wrap an arm around his neck. “Send me back,” he commanded, close enough for him to feel his breath against his skin. He then looked around them to make sure they were alone, listening to the screams of torture echoing in the distance. The last thing he wanted was for any more demons to know that he’d arrived, so the faster that Ezekiel could get him out, the better. “And if any of your friends arrive, you’re going to lie about who I am,” he added, although he of course couldn’t trust him regarding this. However, he didn’t have much else of a choice. Right now, he was the only one who Michael knew could get him out before any harm was done. Even if it required a great deal of power to create the portal. “What are you waiting for? Summon the portal to Earth,” he said, depending on him more than anyone at this moment.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyMan Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Ezekiel just let out another small, dark chuckle. Lucifer was one of the very few people in the world who he was fully loyal to... But then again, the guy had been in charge of the 'program' to train Ezekiel and the rest of his buddies... Into the spies they all were today. Over two thousand years of intensive training... Most of them spent in Hell.

Speaking of Hell... The moment they were both pulled through the portal, was when a broad smile reappeared on Ezekiel's lips... Feeling the heat... Smelling sulfur and brimstone... Hearing the screams echoing in the distance... He was home, once again.

When Michael pulled him back up against himself, arm around his throat - he laughed. "Send you back? Right now? Oh, but who says I would even if I could right now, huh?" he snickered, turning his head to look at him with those black eyes. "Of all people, you should know that it takes a great deal to form a portal. Even I can only do one such portal, once a day. So, prettyboy... You're stuck down here for the next twenty-four hours. But... We can cut a deal. If you let me go... I will make sure no other demons discover you until I can get you out of here again. If not... Well... I know where my squad is." he knew that he couldn't win over the guy in an honest fight - but deals... That was something he had always been good at.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Michael would make him do it, regardless of whether he wanted to. It was only a matter of how. He looked down at him when he turned his head, telling him that he couldn’t summon another portal for twenty-four hours. He arched a brow as he proposed a deal, thinking that it seemed too good to be true. Ezekiel would get plenty of glory for turning him in, yet his only catch was that he had to let him go. So, if this demon didn’t care much for having dragged an archangel to Hell, then he either knew that it was going to be his certain death to fight against him, or else he was still considering what to add into the deal. A favor, perhaps. Either way, all Michael cared about at this moment was to get topside as quickly as possible. “You’re a smart boy,” he said, pulling his lips upwards as he realized that he might get out of this way easier than expected. “So, tell me, Ezekiel. How do you plan on doing that?” he asked, wondering how he was going to make sure that he stayed hidden from other demons for that many hours. After all, he was a magnet down here. “Hiding me from all those demons itching to tear apart the guy who sent them here,” he added, slowly moving his gaze around the room as it felt like he could hear people both below and above them. In here, it was difficult to tell illusion from reality, but he tried his best not to think about that or any of the memories he'd made here. All that mattered was the fact that this demon seemed willing to make a deal to get him out.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Jun 30, 2020 5:04 pm

"My particular subspecies has a tendency to be just that, yes," he simply said to Michael's comment about him being a 'smart boy'. It was a soul demon's forté, after all. Fighting was for the blood demons, seduction for the incubi and succubi... But the planning and leadership was for his kind.

"You say that as if I don't have several aces up my sleeve. Potions, fortified places nobody but my squad and Lucifer can enter... There's a lot of options. And nobody wants to ask too many questions of someone they know outrank them, down here." he was the leader of his squad, and they had quite a lot of prestige down here, being the spies that they were, and with direct link to Lucifer... Nobody had ever really wanted to fuck with him. They knew what would be coming their way if they did, and if demons did have respect for anything, it was rank, power and connections. And Ezekiel had all three things.

"So unless you do want me to draw everyone's attention right here, right now, I suggest you let me lead you to the nearest safe spot for you."
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Jun 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Soul demons always seemed to triumph when it came to intelligence, and perhaps that was how he’d gotten to where he was now, outranking other demons and earning the respect of his brother. It was all beneficial to Michael, so he certainly wasn't going to resist whatever he'd planned. After all, there were very few demons who would choose to help him. He didn’t quite trust that his so-called squad were as obedient as his angels, but if they were and if he was as powerful as he claimed, he considered himself very lucky. When he said the next sentence, about leading him to the nearest point of safety, he removed his arm around him, relieving him of his strong grip. “Fine… go ahead,” he permitted, staying behind him as he waited for him to lead the way to the safe spot. As if there was such a place here. But he didn’t really have much else of a choice. “So... Zeke, how can I be certain that you’ll send me upstairs in twenty-four hours?” he asked, looking around him as they walked through Hell, hearing whispers and voices of darkness surround him before he looked at the back of the demon again. “What do you get out of helping me?” he asked, putting it in other words. After all, they’d already determined that he was clever, so he wondered why he thought this to be the smartest choice. Somewhere hoping that he’d reply something as simple as getting rid of looking at him. But he had to ask. It'd only be foolish of him to blindly trust that they had a deal without it being sealed and signed.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTirs Jun 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Ezekiel cleared his throat, and pulled his clothes back in place, even ruffling the black feathers on his wings a little - he was rather vain, as well, so of course he deemed his looks rather important at every time of the day, no matter where he was, unless he was acting out a role, like he had with Michael's little angel friend.

"Well, then..." and he began walking along rather calmly, his steps sure and confident, like the way one would walk around in their own house, making it clear just how used he was to being down here... he was born and raised down here, and visited rather often, which was the reason for the symbols to have been etched into his wings in the first place. That, and it made it easier for Lucifer... As the guy didn't have to go chase down Ezekiel to find out whether whatever mission he was on, was going well... Ezekiel could go down here to give his reports, instead.

"Truth be told, I guess you can't. You just have to blindly trust me, don't you? Just the same as so many humans blindly trust in your father." he said, looking over his shoulder back at the archangel, with a raised eyebrow. "And since you seem to think we're already as a comfortably enough level to start with nicknames, maybe I should start calling you Mike, hmm?" Ezekiel didn't really like getting nicknames - which was why he just had to point it out like this. "Well, first and foremost, that you don't throttle me, of course. That's obvious. But of course... There is a few more things I'd like. Not anything I'm going to say out here, though - there's ears everywhere."

Reaching what seemed like a sheer cliff with no obvious markings on it, he lifted his left hand - in the palm of it, the symbol of his order was carved, with magic - and pressed it up against the wall. A piece of the stone slid seamlessly inside, and he gestured for Michael to enter first, while still pressing his hand to the wall. As soon as the guy was inside, he entered, as well - and the door slid closed behind them. Naturally glowing stone lit a hallway deeper into the rock, glowing an eerie shade of red that seemed very fitting for the place. Down at the end of the hallway, it opened out into a bigger space, what looked like a room built for meetings.
Michael

Michael

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] EmptyTors Jul 02, 2020 6:10 pm

He stayed vigilant as they walked down a corridor, prepared for any of the doors to open. It would not be wise of him to trust any demon, so he had hoped for a better assurance. “Well, my father doesn’t lie... unlike you,” he responded. After all, that was one good reason for humans trusting in him. He smirked at his next sentence, finding it amusing that he got offended by the nickname. But if he was going to help him, then they were at a more comfortable level already. “Oh, you can call me whatever you want, as long as you get me out of here,” he said, returning his gaze to his back. Michael did get a bit uneasy by his answer to his question, not exactly knowing what he meant by it, although his first request was reasonable. Even if he couldn’t die from it. He entered the hallway with the glowing red light before he reached the large room at the end. What he assumed to be the safe spot. He’d never seen this part of Hell before, and if he had been here on his own account, he’d probably get a lot of valuable information from it. However, he wasn’t, and Ezekiel was still his best bet on getting out of there. He looked around the space for a moment before he turned around to look at the demon, anticipating him to either leave the room or tell him what other things he wanted from their deal.
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: The Adversary [Fortidsemne]   The Adversary [Fortidsemne] Empty

The Adversary [Fortidsemne]
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 2Gå til side : 1, 2  Næste
 Lignende emner
-
» Tell me more [fortidsemne]
» You are not a man ? ( fortidsemne )