Vi er flyttet, find os her: https://athenakademiet.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

ForumforsideForumforside  SøgSøg  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  TilmeldTilmeld  Log indLog ind  
Brugernavn:
Kodeord:
Log mig på automatisk ved hvert besøg: 
:: Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps

Go down 
ForfatterBesked
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

Antal indlæg : 605

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps Empty
IndlægEmne: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyFre Apr 26, 2019 4:28 pm

Dean was walking around the streets with a bottle of bourbon, taking a swig occasionally. His emotional state was falling apart, and he had gotten accustomed to getting drunk more than once a week. He felt a few drops of rain on his skin and looked up to the dark grey sky. As if his life wasn’t sad enough already. “For crying out loud,” he said and rolled his eyes, before he narrowed his eyes at a church up ahead. The rain started to pour down on him and he walked faster until he reached the church and opened the wooden doors with force. A deep thunder blasted through the sky, which only added to his dramatic entrance. A janitor put his mop away and went over to him. “You’re not allowed to bring that inside,” he said and had clearly referred to the bourbon in Dean’s hand. “Fine,” he said reluctantly and took another swig before he opened the door and threw the bottle on the ground as it would shatter in front of the church. “Now move,” he said and gently slammed his shoulder to push him away, so he could walk past him. He continued down the Nave and stopped in front of the Altar. He looked at Virgin Mary before his eyes locked onto Jesus on the cross. “I bet you were as depressed as me to give up your life that way,” he said in Spanish and sighed. There was no reason to not speak in his mother tongue as he was all alone anyway. He walked back and forth in front of the Altar, but eventually had to stop as he wasn’t walking that straight and got a bit dizzy. He turned his dark eyes back at Jesus and ran a hand through his hair, so it wouldn’t drip more water on his face. “Jesus, why don't you understand the struggles of life? I wish I could just end mine as you did. People would be better off that way. Hell, I would be better off,” he continued in Spanish. Just the thought of all his pain disappearing was more intoxicating than the alcohol in his blood. The hollow feeling in his chest only got worse when he realized that he couldn’t take another sip of the golden liquid that had seemed so comforting. “Tell me what my destiny is,” he commanded in Spanish and pointed his finger at Jesus. He had almost died twice, been heartbroken ever since the year started and now he was turning out to be like his dad. If this was his destiny it was the worst possible life imaginable. However, he also knew that all his plans, his goals and desires, perhaps wasn’t meant to happen the way he wanted, or maybe they were supposed to happen in a different time frame. The statue just stared back at him and shrugged his shoulders, even though it was just Dean’s imagination.

He looked up to see if someone else would listen. “Dear god, if you exist then show me a sign!” he exclaimed loudly and put out his arms as if he was ready to see this magnificent God lift him up.
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyFre Apr 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Outfit + looks
Accent: West Yorkshire
______

The rain had started pouring outside again, but Alexis just shrugged and continued messing with the cords behind the Altar. She had promised the priest of the church to get them fixed and she had offered, knowing it would just mean some peace and quiet. Alexis was very fond of solving this little riddle about where which cord went. ”Now where do you go, you little beaut,” she mumbled to herself in her strong accent. She heard the wooden doors swing open and the janitor saying something, but she didn’t really listen. She was too caught up in what she was doing to move anyways, and if it was the priest, he would know where to find her. She hummed to herself as she was enjoying the small task, until she heard footsteps getting closer. Her body froze as she listened to that sweet spanish voice, and her heart broke a little at the sound of the guy. He was clearly distraught, but she would just scare him by jumping out now in the middle of his monologue. Besides she would find it rude to interrupt him and his private speak with God. At the mention of a sign she held back a laugh, but ended up bumping her head against the altar top. ”Oy! What’ve I ever done you!” she exclamed at the Alter and stood up from behind it. Her head turned a bit around as she looked, but her eyes stopped at the stranger and a smile lit up on her face. She jumped over the Altar and walked over to the werewolf, gazing into his eyes.

”Hi! I’m Alexis Charity Nye Palmer, Lexi for short. Le if you wanna shorten it further, and just L if you want to cut my name off at the root,” she spoke quickly in Spanish reaching her hand out to greet him. She was a bit awkward and lifted his hand up before he could react and nodded to herself. ”Better work on that handsshake – it’s not firm, but I like weird handsshakes!” she said again with her fast Spanish voice. Whenever she spoke another language it was like her body forgot her accent, and she sounded like a native speaker. She poked him a bit against the chest to test his balance, and caught him as he was about to tip over. ”Now now, don’t go falling for me, I’m no guardian angel,” she said in Spanish winking at him and guiding him over to one of the long benches, sitting down next to him. Shortly she looked up to the ceiling as if she was looking for something, but her gaze fell around the church once more. ”So, what’s your name, little lost one?” she asked still with her spanish ringing out faster than lightning, with a big smile on her lips. Her aura almost screamed light and happiness.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyFre Apr 26, 2019 9:07 pm

After he had asked for a sign, he heard a bump. His eyes widened as he believed this was God’s doing. Until he heard a strange British accent and a woman popped up behind the Altar. He gasped of surprise and placed his hand on his chest above his heart. He blamed the alcohol for numbing his senses and being the reason for why he hadn’t heard her before. Or was she just hiding underneath there? It didn’t matter as she jumped up in front of him and he stepped a bit backwards. She spoke perfectly Spanish but looked like an English woman if he ever saw one. “L?” he said a bit confused and tried to take in her quick speech. “Wow, I didn’t expect anyone” he hesitated and looked behind her “To be hiding behind the Altar,” he said as weird as it sounded and looked down at her picking up his hand. Her emotion was happy. He looked annoyed at her for that comment and grabbed her hand tightly with what he considered firmly. “How about that?” he asked and raised a brow. He didn’t have time for this and before he could turn around she poked him to the chest. It made him walk a few step backwards as he tried to regain the balance. He would’ve probably fallen to the floor if it wasn’t for Alexis. “Get your hands off of me,” he snarled as she caught him, but his body gave slightly in. As if it had been a struggle to keep himself standing. “I can’t fall deeper than I already have,” he said in a dark voice and looked into her eyes with a sorrowful look. Then he realized that she had mentioned something as a guardian angel. “If they exist,” he said and glanced at the window. “Lately it seems like demons have taken over Gaia,” he said. At least that was his experience. “Does God have the power to change lives?” he asked before he sat down on the bench. Not expecting her to give him an answer, because nobody ever had the answer to anything. Life was one big question mark. He started to unbutton his shirt as it was wet and gross clinging on to his skin. He didn’t think about how inappropriate it was to do it here of all places. In fact, he didn’t think much at all of what he did or said while drunk. He looked at her as she asked for his name. “My name is Dean Alvarez and… call me whatever you want,” he introduced himself before he leaned back and let out another sigh, as he once again looked at Jesus. Nobody had really given him a nickname before. His dad always called him names such as brat or stupid, so he would prefer anything uplifting. The thunder rang through the sky and he sighed at his melancholy life.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyFre Apr 26, 2019 11:11 pm

”I wasn’t hiding, I was fixing,” she said holding her finger up in a rather matter-of-fact kind of way. As he grabbed tighter around her hand she let out a soft chuckle and nodded. ”Very good, better, but we’ll work on it,” she said with a big smile on her face. Even though he snarled at her, she just chuckled and helped him sit down, because she didn’t find him threathening. Her initial purpose might have been to be a defender, but she was more carefree and trusting than what was good for her. Not naive, just well meaning. She shook her head as he said he couldn’t fall any deeper. She knew of plenty of places to fall deeper to. Sheffield, maybe? That was a thought for another day. His mention of demons made her shrug, but his question made her perk up a bit. ”God has created you for a specific reason, why else would he test your faith?” she smiled and gathered her legs up on the bench, sitting cross-legged on the narrow bench as she looked around the big church. She liked churches, as it made her feel more at home. She folded her hands in her lap and just looked at the werewolf as he introduced himself. ”Dean – good name, strong name, good occupation too – quite the sallary these days,” she said as she nodded at his name. His remark about her being allowed to call him anything made her light up. ”Uh! Homie? Is homie too much? – What do you people say now a day? Home-dog? Nah, sounds made up. And not to mention terribly racist against werewolfs and shapeshifters,” she said mostly mumbling fast to herself and shaking her head. Her train of thought was everywhere at once.

”How about I call you friend? I like having friends, and they say they don’t grow on trees,” she said with a smile on her face. She hummed slowly to herself as she tried collecting her thoughts, a small little melody from an ancient hymn. ”Do you want me to drag it out of you, or are you going to tell me what is on your mind, friend?” she asked as her gaze returned to Dean once more. She followed his gaze up to Jesus hanging above them and she smiled. She had met him before, so long ago when God had ordered a messiah on Earth, and she had liked him much. Sadly she hadn’t seen him since his ascendance, so that was a bummer, but things happen. The thunder outside made her count on her fingers like a small kid until the sky lit up with the lightning. Few miles away, nothing to worry about. Shortly she clicked her tongue and looked around at the murals on the walls, before returning to Dean once more. ”I’ve got all night and day, but I’m guessing you are too drunk to stay awake for that long,” she said with a teasing grin as she waited for him to explain.
Rafael
Alfa
Rafael

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyMan Apr 29, 2019 7:44 pm

He was a bit skeptical because she had been so quiet while he was talking to himself - but fixing made better sense than hiding. He rolled his eyes as she said he had to work on his handshake and felt like pushing her away but didn’t as his body needed her support at this point. “Well it’s a stupid reason,” he muttered. He found it hard to believe that he was made for any reason at all, as he hadn’t accomplished anything in his life. Every time he thought things were going back on track, they always steered off and crashed. Besides there was no way he ever thought he was more important to live than his own mother. He looked at her as she commented on his name and the occupation of a Dean. He shook is head slightly at the last part. He didn't think he was going to get a great salary. He was failing in school, which probably wouldn’t come to a surprise to her - seeing how he was drinking all alone. He raised an eyebrow at her trying to think of a nickname. “I’ve always thought the name hot dog was racist, but then I just think about it as somebody calling dogs attractive and not the food” he said and couldn’t help but laugh when he realized it probably didn't make any sense. She was weird, but in a good way. Most importantly she didn’t judge him. As soon as he managed to unbutton his shirt completely he took it off and laid it on the back of the bench to dry. “Friend is fine. Though I have an infinite amount of issues that you probably don’t want to get into,” he warned her and looked at his hands. He just listened to her humming as he thought about what he was going to do about his pathetic life. She wanted to know what was on his mind, but to be honest he didn’t know where to begin. “You know the feeling of everything falling apart inside of you? Your hopes and dreams just shattering in front of you and as you try to catch the pieces they just cut you deeper?” he said philosophically and lifted his hand in front of him as if he was about to catch something but then placed it again on the bench beside of him. “My love life is a huge mess, the women I have feelings for I can’t ever be with… but I don’t know how to make the feelings disappear" he looked at her, to see if she had any advice regarding heartbreak. He felt like he had tried everything to let go of them. “Other than that, I’m just failing in school, dealing with the death of my first love and a father who either has too high expectations or completely neglects me,” he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He already felt the need to drink more and decided to go out and buy a bottle whenever the rain would stop.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2019 11:08 am

Alexis listened to the young werewolf. How old he was wasn’t really important, but she knew she was older than most anyone in a room at any given time. She chuckled at his mention of hot dogs, and she suddenly felt a bit hungry, digging into her coat pocket and pulling out a bag of M&M’s, offering him some as she herself popped a few in her mouth. ”I think I could beat you in a battle about issues,” she chuckled as she chewed some of the chocolate, looking up at the cross. He spoke again and she just kept her eyes on the cross, listening to him, nodding at his questions. ”Oh yeah, too well actually – My family has had it’s fair share of battles,” she said with a smile. She didn’t need to go into details. He explained further and she looked at him with calm eyes. All he explained were so bittersweet. Sweet because he really just sounded like a confused teenager, and bitter because she knew just too well how small problems could fill ones head. She placed a hand on his with a smile on her lips. ”Take it from someone who has felt like that for so many years,” she said with a smile and removed her hand to take another M&M in her mouth, crunching it and looking to the cross again. ”I was the second female angel to ever be created,” she said. She wasn’t really supposed to talk about it, but in this moment it didn’t really matter. She wanted the poor boy to feel at ease, maybe lessen his pain a bit.

”My father and mother is literally only our lord God,” she said with a chuckle and got up from her seat, placing the bag of M&M’s beside Dean, giving it a warning with her finger so it wouldn’t fall down. Then she turned her eyes towards the werewolf once more. ”I am nearly 300.000 years old, only shy of a few thousands, actually,” she said in a cheery voice. She placed her hands in her coat pockets and chuckled as she looked to the ceiling of the church. ”One thing I know is that no matter what happens, life goes on,” she said with a smile, almost lighting up the room with her angelic aura. ”I’ve lived for so long, seen so much, loved so much … And I’ve lost so much,” she said turning her smiling face to him. She walked closer, sitting down in a squat in front of the you werewolf. ”Our God does not always mean for us to know what we are supposed to do; I was bestowed a gift from him, the ability to protect myself and others, but I’m too trusting, so I cannot always protect,” she said with a smile placing a hand on his knees to comfort him.

”The world sometimes feels so strange, so dark and so mad,” she said looking at him with seriousness in her gaze. She gave his knee a small clap and smiled at him once more. ”But it is also so full of love and a promise that things can change for the better; that’s why God gave us all hope,” she said, getting up from her squatting position and walking over to the altar, looking at the painting. She missed her home in heaven in a time where everything was so simple and she just spent her days with her siblings. She closed her eyes, drifting off to that place for a simple second as it calmed her down. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging, she said turning around to him. She pointed to him with a finger and gave him a daring look. She walked closer to him, pulling him up from his seat, grabbing his hand and looking at him.

”Letting it get to you. You know what that’s called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now is all that counts,” she said with a smile and holding him upright as she looked him directly in the eyes.
Gæst
Gæst

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps EmptyOns Maj 29, 2019 1:13 pm

//Out - Grund: Presset mht andre emner og ingen kreativitet til denne karakter//
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps   In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps Empty

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Cancel your plans, because I'm here - Morrigan (Fortidsemne - xxx)
» An eye for an eye. A heart for a heart?
» My heart
» My heart can't take this damage.
» Beneath Her Heart

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
Athena :: VI :: Aston :: Det sydlige Aston :: Bolig området, middel klassen :: Gaia Kirke-
Gå til: